Lectora Inspire

Lectora Inspire Bewertungen

von Trivantis

Lectora Inspire comes with a lot of great add-ins that make creating a course quick and easy.

Bewertet am 2.2.2018
Instructional Designer Specialist
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The great add-ins from buying the software: BranchTrack, eLearning Brothers, Camtasia, Snagit, and Reviewlink. They also seem to be the best software for 508 compliance.

Vorteile: Probably the add-ins that come along with your purchase of Lectora. This includes eLearning Brothers that has templates, cut out people, and stock images that you can easily add to your course. They also have BranchTrack where you can create scenarios quickly. Camtasia is great for all your audio needs. Cutting and editing video has never been so easy. Reviewlink is a great way to show your end product to your stakeholders. They can offer feedback per slide and you can easily remediate.

Nachteile: My representative doesn't always get back to me in a timely manner. There seems to be a lot of back-and-forth when it comes to emailing customer support. Knowing that every slide inherits properties, images, etc. from the parent slide can be a pain because you have to tell the software what NOT to inherit.

Lectora Inspire for Online Course Development

Bewertet am 4.10.2018
Tyson R.
KansasTRAIN Administrator
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Lectora Inspire to create all of our online training. There is a learning curve for the system but I found it very intuitive once I began creating content. I have used a few other authoring tools in my career and Lectora is my personal preference. The downfalls of the system are offset by the additional software that comes included in this package. While there are some changes I would love to see, my overall experience with Lectora is positive and I would recommend it over the other tools I have used.

Vorteile: - Makes great courses
- Can output projects to a number of formats (scorm, AIC, etc).
- Continuous updates
- Software fits the needs of any experience level
- Allows for total customization of courses
- Responsive design feature allows you to optimize your course for different hardware (tablets, phones, and PC) without having to create three entirely different courses
- The Lectora Inspire package also includes the a screen capture and image editing software called Snagit and the video recording/editing software Camtasia. These are great additions and I use Snagit many times throughout the day.
- Reviewlink is another addition to the software package that allows courses to be easily shared among stakeholders and evaluators before the course is uploaded to our learning management system.

Nachteile: - Terrible customer support. The one time I've actually been able to get ahold of someone, they insisted that the problem was due to my computer. Thankfully, every time I encountered a problem, I was able to solve it using Google.
- Many of the advanced features are inaccessible meaning they do not meet Section 508 requirements.
- The training that they provide on the software is very overpriced. Hundreds of dollars just to have someone walk you through a manual page by page.
- Compared to competitors, the price for the Inspire package is justified. However, it is still expensive in general than I believe it really should be.

As I long-time developer I have always felt the flexibility and power of Lectora is second to none.

Christine O.
e-Learning Designer & Developer
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The ability to create realistic learner-centric e-Learning modules.

Vorteile: I like having the freedom to develop the way I need to for a realistic design that stimulates learning. In other words, I should only be limited by what the learner can do in a real-life situation (on-the-job). Lectora allows me to take that 'reality' goal, and blend it with creative and practical designs that are easily programmed in an e-Learning module, because it gives me the ability to touch any object in order to achieve the design. At the same time, it doesn't 'mess with my stuff' - like how I've labeled objects etc.

Nachteile: I miss having the Properties dialogue box from earlier versions, but I'm getting used to the Ribbon.

A more advanced authoring tool that requires more know how than industry leading tools.

Nick S.
Manager, Multimedia Development

Kommentare: It was the first authoring tool I used in the industry, as a previous web developer, I loved the ability to hack lectora and make it do things that I can't do in other software. Review Link is a nice benefit, however it's missing a few features that keep it from being our go-to review tool. I also enjoy the cutout library subscription to eLearning brothers that comes with our maintenance program.

Vorteile: There are some features (best in class xAPI implementation, hack-ability of the output) that allows for really crazy complex output. The action groups are a killer feature, as well as the ability to inherit items on chapters, scenes, pages, etc.

Nachteile: The UI is a little kludgy, the learning curve is steeper than a lot of other authoring tools such as Storyline.

I really enjoy Lectora because it is almost limitless it what you can do with the software.

Bewertet am 5.6.2017
Matthew D.
Training Coordinator
Versicherung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Being able to create a wide variety of activities and different learning modules. Being able to really think outside the box and not be limited to what the software can do.

Vorteile: I think the best feature of Lectora is being able to import almost any media into the software. This allows the user to take a variety of assets and combine them into one learning module. Also, Lectora offers a wide range of actions that you can assign to assets, pages, and the complete module itself. This allows the developer to almost create any kind of activity, learning module, or idea the developer can think of. There hasn't been anything yet that I have thought of for an activity, and haven't been able to create it somehow with the Lectora software.

Nachteile: The software can have a steep learning curve to it. There is other software that can be used for eLearning creation that is easier to learn. If your company is really looking for top notch, robust software, Lectora is the way to go. Even with the steep learning curve, Trivantis has an amazing community that offers a lot of support and ideas for Lectora. Unless you have a dedicated developer to Lectora, this may not be the best software to use.

Powerful program without needing to code

John J.
Training Manager
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The ability to be able to create custom SCORM training that interfaces with multiple platforms.

Vorteile: Maximum flexibility in course design.You are free to apply what you want and how you want to your training course then point and click scripting allows you to put your custom interaction to the training without needing a degree in coding.

Nachteile: Because the program is powerful and not a cookie cutter you are going to need some training to get up and running. But once you get a little experience you will be very glad on the investment. Tons of free nugget training can walk you though each item. Great community and conference backing you up.

Creative, Thinking, Engaging, Easy

Stacy M.
Einzelhandel, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love that if I can think of it, I can make Lectora do it! Just have to find out how! I like the layout and design of the user interface, as it makes it very easy to transition between different programs. I also love that it is already integrated into many of the other development tools I use (eLearning Bros, BranchTrack, etc.)

Nachteile: When new versions rollout I feel as though I have to be careful about updating due to bugs. It's tough to have to decide whether to update right away or wait for the first fix to come out because I always want the upgrade, but also don't want the issues.

Lectora is the Cadillac of content development software. Quick and helpful tech support!

Luci U.
Learning Designer/Manager
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Can publish with SCORM to multiple LMS possibilities. Great test and survey functionality.

Vorteile: Many options for test and survey questions -- especially like the multiple answer multiple choice questions and the ability to insert graphics. I have found the tech support to be superb on most occasions - -which is paramount -- quick and efficient response to problems.

Nachteile: I need more control over the bullet and numbering in terms of indention and spacing., especially with multiple levels of outline. Would like more kerning and leading possibilities. Also need more shapes to use.

Lectora Inspire has been great over the years, building MANY e-learning modules, now web utilities.

Bewertet am 28.6.2017
Thomas V.
Process Architect
Logistik & Lieferkette, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I can usually find a way to create any feature the customer wants in a course. I was also able to perform basic "programming" of several utilities that I can launch and distribute via the web.

Vorteile: The capabilities of Lectora has ever increased, staying one or two steps ahead of the competition in the elearning development space. It is the most capable of all of the authoring software tools I have evaluated.

Nachteile: I would like for lectora to migrate towards enabling the development of utilities a little more. The logic built into Lectora gets very close to enabling the creation of tools (web tools) but falls short when it comes to data / information management and integration, especially when it comes to integration with databases or even spreadsheets. I believe you could align to the new information analytics industry by building in more date management integration features (perhaps in an separate add-on module?).

Lectora is an authoring tool that allows creation of engaging online training without much hassle.

Bewertet am 6.9.2017
Kelly M.
Logistik & Lieferkette, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Allows me to streamline my job and gives me tools to create more engaging online training.

Vorteile: I love how you can integrate eLearning Brother templates with ease. This saves SO much time. I also like how easy it is to publish to SCORM and upload to our LMS.

Nachteile: I wish there were better image editing tools within the software. I find myself going to other programs to edit or enhance images.

I've been using Lectora for over 10 years and have always been pleased with the software.

Brian R.
Developer/Owner
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Rapid development, complex functionality, adherence to learning standards, reliable performance.

Vorteile: The complexity of pages I can create with variables, actions, and conditions. Coming into a project, I feel like there's no challenge I can't overcome with the software.

Nachteile: Many of my clients expect the "resizable" attribute you get when viewing Flash generated content. The addition of responsive design has helped alleviate much of this concern. Being limited to executing a single animation on an object at one time is limiting.

I've written over 40 modules with this software and have had great results.

Edward R.
Specialist 2
Pharmazeutika, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I get to build customized e-learning modules that run on a SuccessFactors LMS and perform without issues. I really like to be able to have the freedom to develop custom titles and still be able to use many of the built in features to enhance the titles I create.

Vorteile: I like the ability to use my own audio and video files and to program how each page works. The ability to design conditions so we can be sure the learners are viewing/hearing all the information on each page and to be able to design different ways through the module provides variety. Also the ability to design a variety of types of questions and have the order of the questions and answers changed each time the module is used helps us assure that learners understand the material presented.

Nachteile: The thing I like least are the issues I have had using standard Flash Activity file like the Bullets Synching with audio animated characters. The files don't always work and I have not been able to diagnose or fix issues I've had even though this Flash Activity can work very well and adds a great deal of interest to modules.

intuitive, flexible, my favourite tool

Bewertet am 28.6.2017
Franziska H.
E-Learning Developer

Vorteile: What I like about Lectora is, that it is more flexible than other authoring tools, especially when it comes to including your own code.

Nachteile: I don't like that there are often problems with our exisiting titles when a new version is released.

Lectora is an ideal program to carry out training programs

Bewertet am 9.8.2018
Licenciado en Bioanálisis
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Lectora is a software with multiple functions, has a range of integrated tools that allow the user to freely develop their ideas in addition to a system of guides that guide the use of these tools and solutions to possible problems that may arise. It is useful when you want to perform exemplifications that help in the learning of third parties through interactive videos. If you can visualize it, you can also create it, in an easy and practical way.

Nachteile: Start using the program can be a bit complicated at first, but with patience and with the use of the guides you can know all the functions. In addition you must be careful with the updates, installing the new immediately is not always good

One of the easiest to master eLearning development packages out there.

Bewertet am 6.6.2017
Dragomir I.
Senior Consultant
E-Learning, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is great for RCD (rapid content development) and for combining various digital media.

Vorteile: Straight forward and easy to use. Not much hidden under the hood like other competing products.
The output is highly customizable and flexible.
Developers can add own code with ease.

Nachteile: It would be nice to have some visually more appealing elements, like page layouts, button sets. I would like to see more user control over text boxes.

extremely powerful and flexible!

Cody C.
Director of Learning & Development
E-Learning, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: As cliche as it may sound, what you are able to do with Lectora is only limited by your imagination -- there is an incredible amount of flexibility built in and the development team stays on top of the latest trends and technology and incorporates them into updates

Nachteile: Takes some time to get used to -- steep learning curve and customer support is often slow to respond, but it is getting better

Lectora Inspire - Lacks Functionality of CaptivateCan

Bewertet am 24.1.2019
HR and Learning Experiemce Professional
Bankwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For the authoring software that has probably been around longer than any of the current products, Lectora has hung in there in the market and held its own. Honestly there are other applications that edge out Lectora, but if you have Lectora or easy access to it, it is worth using.

Vorteile: User friendly screens, easy to embed multimedia, good documentation

Nachteile: Doesn't work on a MAC platform.
Can't create mobile launched learning.

I've used Lectora for over 8+ years

Adrienne M.
Manager of ID and Content

Vorteile: The ease and flexibility to create quality e-learning content is second to none. Also all of the tools like Camtasia and SnagIt that come with the package are extra icing on the cake.

Nachteile: There is a steep learning curve and a high price tag which limits the number of licenses we can afford as a small company.

Best Corporate Training Software

Bewertet am 21.12.2018
Cyndi T.
Trainer/Instructional Designer
Versicherung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Before Lectora, we used to just use PowerPoint for training courses/quizzes. Lectora makes it easy to integrate projects created with other software(PowerPoint, etc).

Vorteile: I use this software most often to create quizzes/exams for associates of my company. Lectora makes it seamless to publish to our corporate online university, as well as track results.

Nachteile: At times it is difficult to find the exact issue when attempting to publish a completed course. It would be great if the error that is found was also highlighted in the project itself, instead of just in the report ran while publishing.

I am a non tech person and have found Lectora easy to use.

Bewertet am 5.7.2017
Brenda R.
Director of Quality Assurance and Education
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of use. Our organization will go months without using the software and it is easy to pick it up and get reacquainted with it.

Nachteile: The biggest challenge I experience is incorporating videos into my on line courses. I master it and then do not use it for several months and struggle again.

I actually don't use it that often.

Bewertet am 5.7.2017
Michael P.
Principle
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Good course layout tools.

Vorteile: Lectora is an excellent authoring tool. It allows for a wide range of embedded learning objects on every page.

Nachteile: I experience it has having a very steep learning curve to use. This is in contrast to a program like Captivate, which I find to be more intuitive.

Recently created a 8 module program in Lectora Inspire

Christine M.
Marketing Director
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was able to create a software program and sell it.

Vorteile: The integration with eLearning Bros. is helpful. The ability to create responsive software is helpful.

Nachteile: often times I would go to open a module and it would say pieces were missing so I had to find them again in folders in order to proceed. This was annoying as it happened every time I opened the same module. There are still bugs in the system.

Very easy to create and deploy SCORM compliant interactive training.

Frank P.

Kommentare: It allows me to easily create SCORM compliant interactive training.

Vorteile: Ease of use, intuitive interface. Lots of great integration, as with Camtasia, SnagIt, etc. The PowerPoint converter is an excellent add-on. If you're looking for an easy to use content creator for your LMS, give Lectora a try.

Nachteile: A few issues deploying to a web based environment. The company seems to be addressing these however so that is good.

It is very user friendly when building a course.

Kendra B.
Instructional Designer Specialist
E-Learning, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The most benefit is the accessibility feature.

Vorteile: It has to be the accessibility features. You turn it on in the beginning of development and then the system checks the course for accessibility issues when you are finished. It even tells you where the problem is located and how to fix the problem.

Simple tool

Bewertet am 28.10.2019
Rachel G.
Instructional Designer

Kommentare: I use the software for some of our clients and their needs but I wouldn't want to be using it as a regular tool day to day

Vorteile: it's a very basic starter tool for instructional designers

Nachteile: it definitely doesn't hold up to the standards that Captivate and storyline offer