Filtern nach:

Über MailBird

Mailbird ist eine (mehrere) Email-Management Anwendung, die mit vielen populären Aufgaben-, Kalender-, Messaging- und Videoanruf-Apps integriert.

Erfahre mehr über MailBird

Nicholas L.
Nicholas L.
Teacher in Italien
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Great email client

Kommentare: Very positive. I've received good customer service and the price is very reasonable given that it's a one-off payment.

Set out nicely with a clear design. Love having whatsapp dropbox and google calendar all in one place integrated into the email client.

There is nothing that I can think of I don't like about the product. I am very happy with it.

Victor L.
Developer in Schweden

It just works!

Kommentare: I have many different inboxes that I have to keep track of. Having to switch accounts to check everything at least a few times a day was very time-consuming. Since switching to MailBird I get all my accounts synced to a unified inbox and notified whenever I receive an email. That makes it much easier to stay on top of my work and keep track of everything with minimal effort which could easily save a lot of time.

The best thing about MailBird is that everything works. I have been using it for many years and it has been very reliable with no problems at all. Everything you should expect from your mail client is there with a few extra features as well but most importantly I have not encountered a single issue since I started using MailBird.

It might look a little bit basic and does not compare with all the fancy web-like interfaces that most newer software has. But don't let it fool you, there are a lot of great features that make MailBird a powerful tool, and most importantly what it does, it does well.

Nope in USA
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

If You Have An Exchange Account that isn’t related to a business, don’t buy this!!!

Kommentare: This is the third time in the last few years that I’ve bought and used mailbird. I immediately remembered upon buying it why I deleted it very soon after… upon writing their customer support really hit home these issues:
Here’s a paraphrased conversation from their support:
Me: Hi, I have an exchange account that is my school account as I am a student that needs to work with the other inboxes. It’s not a business and I don’t need business features or to pay for a business plan bc I am not a business- is there a work around? Otherwise I’d appreciate a refund. Things weren’t as advertised and not I’m being bombarded with messages within the app to upgrade to business and I don’t have a business account.
Support: you can change the IMAP settings.
Me: how/where/what do you I change them to? You have no docs or articles to help and your doesn’t allow me to do anything other than choose a new url for the outgoing server. I cannot even access the incoming server.
Support: (a different person) Buy MB business! (Then proceeds in many different long paragraphs to try to sell me a business upgrade/account.
Me: I cannot delete the exchange account as the app crashes. Once again, I am not a business and won’t be upgrading just to have my student account with my other four accounts. Please help me by addressing the other things I spoke to.
Support: x4 more times (ignores my concerns) Buy business!! (Proceeds in paragraphs to try to sell me MB Business, pasted similar pitch…

The UI and the ease of use, versus outlook, mail, etc.

They have absolutely terrible support that fails to seemingly even read your request, let alone addrsss your concerns and help you work through them. One thing I can say is that their support the last time I ordered this product was MUCH BETTER. They changed their app so the workaround for adding an exchange account seems virtually impossible unless you want to upgrade to business. And then they repeatedly ram you into buying a business account, regardless of whether you need it or not. As someone whose worked in customer success, service, and sales for 18+ This company likely won’t survive if their only response to complains and issues is ramming a product the customer doesn’t need down their throats and not addressing any of their issues. Good support that retains customer and reduces churn actually had the customer’s best interest in mind… it’s clear by how things are ran here, and my multiple support tickets that all pan out the same, that is most definitely not the case with this product. Such a shame bc I actually love the functionality, and as a web developer, I know that UIX with these apps are absolutely terrible.

Stacy M.
Lead in USA
Eventservice, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Inbox zero!

Kommentare: Mailbird gives me what other desktop email programs didn't, a chance to stay on top of my emails. It's fast and with the unified mailbox, emails don't get lost in the shuffle. When my team first switched, we were able to import all the email settings from the other mail program we were using. Setup was instant!

The best thing about this software is the unified inbox. I have twelve email addresses, and when using other similar desktop email software, I would have to click on each email address to view the inbox of each. With this, it combines all the new email together, which helps to keep on top of all my emails.

The desktop software is spot on, it is hard to find a fault. My only wish is that there was a mobile version of this software for my phone.

Jeremy M.
Discipleship Coach in USA
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Mailbird Is A Fantastic Software for Managing Multiple Email Accounts

Kommentare: I have more emails than any human being should have. Mailbird has helped me to tame this monster and saved me a TON OF TIME doing it. Thank you Mailbird!

I love the unified account that allows me to view an inbox for all of my email accounts. The emails are then color coded so I know who it's being sent to. My other favorite feature is being able to click an email and have all emails from the same sender provided immediately in list format. This allows me to quickly empty my emails and overcome inbox overwhelm =)

There are no cons on this software that I have found personally. If I could request one feature, it would be to match the categorization of emails like you see in Gmail. At least provide the option to have your categories match how Gmail sorts them and/or provide a filtering option to either view or not view those emails in those categories such as newsletters, financial, etc.

Gjergji K.
Web designer in Albanien
Design, Selbstständig

Fast, attractive email client

It is fast, it loads fast. Very attractive interface. Very easy to use, all in one Inbox. I love the integration with Whatsapp, Wunderlist, gCalendar, gKeep and many more.

I miss some right-click menu options and tabs. I have accounts with lots of folder and I have to scroll to check them. If I could use tabs, they will show if any emails is in folder. I would like for external links such as in Twitter, Whatsapp to be opened in my default browser rather than in the built-in. You can play Twitter video inside Mailbird.

Deena S.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Pay once and never have to pay for your desktop calendar, email, todolist again.

Similar to Outlook but it can be purchased as a stand-alone, which Outlook can't. No need to worry about continually having to pay for another upgrade, pay once and forget about it. Lifetime free upgrades. Can sync to google calendar, Todoist, Facebook, LinkedIn, among other apps. Works well with digitally signed emails.

So far, there is nothing that I do not like about Mailbird.

Andrea R.
professor in Italien
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Google users, beware...

Kommentare: Lots of eye candy and an apparently sound and robust engine. Still, some key functions were missing for me (Google calendars in the first place), so I moved on to a different software. But you may want to have a look for yourselves.

A very pleasant user interface, brilliant layout and use of colors. Attachment management is also impressive (you can preview attachments from all messages in one place, scroll through them, search them, etc.). Multiple accounts can be accommodated easily into a single inbox, each one with its own colors and icons.

Although they advertise the ability to integrate Google services, such as calendars, this is not working for most users (meaning all users for which Google has banned generic browsers). Accordingly, you cannot integrate your Google calendar in Mailbird, something that was not clearly explained on their website.

Desiree W.
USA
Internet, Selbstständig

Multitude of features but at the risk of privacy?

Kommentare: I chose not to utilize this software as previously stated.

There were a lot of apps you could connect with it which increased efficiency.

I couldn't get customer service to be direct about Facebook and/or other apps you plug into it having access to all your mail info or even info within other plugged in apps. Security and privacy for individuals is becoming more and more of an issue/invasion. Although this software offered a lot of integrations and functionalities, I ultimately chose to uninstall it due to privacy concerns.

Masturah D.
Masturah D.
Administrative Assistant in Malaysia
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

All my email in one place

Kommentare: I tried this software after having a problem to synchronized my email with the Outlook and have use it since then.

Best thing managing email with MailBird is, it can combine all of my email boxes in this single place and i can monitor and track all my email in here. I can search and filter the email that i want to find by the email address, or from all of the address easily. MailBird really is the best email manager software.

Some of the email server is not working well with this software. I tried to adding my Yandex email account, but the software keep showing error and can not complete the process. All other email server work perfectly with this software, but not Yandex Mail.

Danny E.
CEO in USA

Mailbird is by far the best email client I have ever used and it helped me get to Inbox Zero

Kommentare: Mailbird helped me reach and maintain Inbox Zero for 1.5 years and counting. I am now far more organized in my life by being able to handle my email as it comes in daily instead of letting it fall behind.

Mailbird is single-handedly the best software that I have implemented in the last few years. I tried every desktop email client I could find and was extremely impressed with Mailbird right from the start. My goal in transitioning from Gmail in a browser to a desktop client was to be able to answer all of my emails while traveling and being disconnected from the internet. Now Gmail has an offline mode, but Mailbird still beats using Gmail in the browser because of all of its other features. I love having a shortcut [ctrl-alt-space] to start an email from anywhere on my computer. Their shortcut keys allow for very fast email composing, reading, and managing. There are many software integrations so you can sync to all of your email accounts, calendars, chats, project management software, etc. My New Year's Resolution in 2016 was to get to Inbox Zero and stay there. Mailbird helped me do this by organizing all of my email, making it easy to sort, and quickly reply. I am still at Inbox Zero 1.5 years later. It does a great job organizing your contacts, handling attachments, and managing your folders. It even has a way to search only your attachments to find that document from months ago that you can't remember who sent.

I really don't have any cons in using Mailbird other than they don't have a mobile app. This isn't a huge problem as there are other apps for mobile, but it would be very helpful to have the same look and feel on a phone.

Developer in USA
Medienproduktion, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Love the Software - but they do collect your addresses.

Kommentare: I really do like the software better than any other email client I have used, so I am sticking with them for now. I hope they are true to their word on only collecting email addresses that you use Mailbird to check. I don't believe they share addresses with any outside company and have only received one sales email from them.

Easy to use and integrates well with Gmail, Office 365, and just about any email account you would use. Very simple but powerful interface. Love that it has a 'Unified Account' where you can see emails from the accounts you choose, but still leave your 'spam' email account out (you get to choose which accounts show up there). Search seems to work really well, even better than Outlook with both gmail and Office 365 accounts.

They DO collect email addresses that you use Mailbird to check. I was surprised to get an email solicitation to purchase the business version to an account that I had set up but never shared with Mailbird (I used a different account to purchase.) I would have rated them 5 stars across the board if it were not for this. I read online where someone from Mailbird was comparing this to google saying that google collects all sorts of data. The difference is that google is close to being a trillion dollar company with a lot to lose. Everyone knows they collect data and either accept it or use something else. I had never heard of Mailbird until several weeks ago, and their website makes it sound like they do not collect this information when they actually do. "Mailbird also no longer sends name and email address to the License Management System. " (this appears to be a new 'update', but I confirmed that it has been on the website for the last several months at least.) All of their 'add-ons' are really just opening web apps in a side bar. They don't appear to have any real integration with the program. There are two places to 'opt out' of data sharing. When you first set up the program it asks you, then you have to also go into settings -> advanced and un-check 'Share performance and usage data'.

Adrian L.
IT Consultant in UK
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

It's great to have options

Kommentare: I'm a long term Microsoft proprietary software user, like most other people, and it is scary to see, year after year, how little they care about what they put out there.
Nothing I ever purchased from Microsoft worked as expected out of the box (Windows, Office, SQL, Surface Pro, SurfaceBook) - I spend almost as much time googling unhelpful error messages and trying to fix their unfinished products as I do using their products.
After a streak of problems with Outlook and many hours wasted trying to make it work as intended, I found Mailbird, which had a free plan at the time. I installed it on both my Surface Pro and Windows PC as a back-up email client for when Outlook crashed. As you would expect, I've had many opportunities to use Mailbird. It felt like Mailbird was designed by people who actually use email - which was definitely a breath of fresh air.
A week later, I bought a license (although Exchange wasn't supported at the time) to support them on this journey.
I still depended on Outlook for the Calendar integration, but having something that 'just works' as an alternative for everything else did make my suffering bearable.
Support is spot-on: they don't insult your intelligence by telling you to run 'sfc /scannow' each time you have a problem. Unlike most others *cough* they are knowledgeable about their product and very helpful on each occasion. I have nothing but love for the underdog.

+ Not made by Microsoft + Beautiful interface + Intuitive + Customisable

- Can only choose font sizes from a static list (Font size 11 is not available) - Cannot scroll through the body of an email with mouse middle click

Wendy N.
Wendy N.
.Net/SharePoint Developer in USA
1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

I love that I can pull in multiple email accounts into 1 unified view to easily manage all my email

Kommentare: This software saves me many hours per week performing email management tasks. By pulling all my email into a single unified interface, I can process emails as soon as they come in and not get bogged down by email clutter.

The ability to pull in ANY email account that I have, from Yahoo, Outlook.com, Gmail, to any IMAP or POP email account. I have multiple email accounts and having them all in one interface is great. I can segregate them by clicking on each different email account icon, or I can view them all together in a single view, which I love. In addition, I can color code the messages from each account so even in unified view, I can still quickly and easily tell which email account they were sent to. I also like that you can pull in popular apps right into the interface like Facebook, WhatsApp, Dropbox, Google calendar, Feedly and a ton others so you don't have to leave this app to get a quick glimpse of what's going on in those other apps. Also it's free so that's a big plus.

There's a lot of options and integrations which can seem a bit overwhelming to first-time users. And it can be tricky setting up non-standard (Yahoo/Gmail etc.) email accounts. But once you get it all set up and start using it, it's amazing!

Brad A.
owner in Irland
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Support VERY BAD

Kommentare: I ended up fixed my problems myself..nothing to do with anti virus/firewalls as I was told multiple times! The first request for help was over a month ago and an endless back and forth of generic emails blaming my firewalls (WHICH WAS NOT THE PROBLEM) ended in me finding a new email provider in the short term to be bale to function while I waited and waited and WAITED for a generic response with a wrong answer. I have to say I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with the lack of support (Long waits for a reply to just say "we haven't forgotten about you" and then days later only receive a generic email that just keeps telling me its my ant virus/firewall??!! Its just not good enough and a bit ridiculous really as email is very important and when its not working you have a FAST response (live chat even) and more one to one personal attention.
I sent "Logs twice as they had asked me to do and they came back with no answers (turned out my password was incorrect but this was never even something they considering asking me to check..it was all about my antiviurs or fiirewalls which was had been turned off already but thats what they kept saying it was!)
I have a full membership but will not be recommending it to anyone as the support is so bad and generic and unhelpful.
Regards, Brad

It works ok sometimes what else do I need to say, this is not a good review

When it DOESNT WORK your on your own as Support is just generic emails that take days to reply and just give you generic answers that dont even work..shameful

Taylor B.
Integration Analyst in USA
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Mailbird is a great non-MS alternative to Outlook.

Kommentare: Extremely happy. I use it everyday, I've sent the 'try me out' link to my coworkers because I love the program so much, which I almost never do. Try it out, see if it's for you. Email clients are often deeply personal things, and it's hard to quantify why one 'works' for you but not another. In this case it worked very well and I highly recommend giving it a try.

I love the clean design, the robust interoperability between POP and other email formats. It's extremely customizable with a good-sized ecosystem of add-on extensions and tools such as a Calendar app, a Toggl app for tracking time, and even one for Todoist to manage tasks. There are 'folders' for organizing (as opposed to 'tabs' like Gmail has, which has always sort of conceptually lost me.) It docks to the desktop well and unobtrusively, in addition to many little things that just make it a great user experience. The cost was absolutely phenomenal; I forget exactly what I paid but I got an amazing deal on a lifetime license last year, and I've never regretted the purchase.

This is more a gripe about email clients in general; it does not have the ability to define 'rules', which is the one thing that kept me in Outlook far longer than I ever should have. This is something that is pretty rare to find in email clients as a whole, so it's not a huge knock on Mailbird. It would be really nice though someday!

Christopher j S.
Christopher j S.
Creative Director in USA
Konsumgüter, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best Minimal Non Bloated Windows Email Client

Kommentare: Love this program, just wish it was ported to android as well. This fixes all the issues I have with Outlook, namely a clean, minimal interface and super quick functionality.

So Outlook is horrible. Bloated with useless features, slow, ugly, it's the worst. Mailbird is simple, which makes it fast. It has global keyboard shortcuts so you can send an email at any point in your workflow. The UX is clean and distraction free. And one of the best features, omni-inbox. Having all my emails go to one place makes managing email so easy.

Kind of a con, if you want to connect more than 3 email accounts you need to subscribe. Still, the price is affordable so not the worst thing. Also sometimes it bugs out with my outlook email accounts, I will repeatedly get error warnings, but I am still able to receive and send emails with the account, not sure what that's about.

Josemaria G.
Josemaria G.
Vice Director for External Affairs in Philippinen

Finally, a great email app with best form and function for Windows

Kommentare: Beauty will save the world. My philosophy is that if it's not beautiful and functional, I/people will not use it. Mailbird is great in terms of aesthetics and email app functionality. It just looks great, easy to use, and works! Some advanced features (filtering, search) may be a bit wanting. But for my daily use, it feels just like Gmail as it should be (on a beautiful platform).

It is a thing of beauty. Form meets function. It is much better than other Windows email apps, and I've tried a ton already (Thunderbird, Outlook, MS Mail...). It kind of reminds me of Spark mail which I use with my Mac. Keyboard shortcuts is the same with Gmail (by default) which made it easy for me to transition from browser based gmail to Mailbird. The Snooze function is also one of my favorites. It helps me achieve Zero-Inbox without worrying about the emails "I don't need to attend to right now but need to be reminded of some other time." Support team is very quick to respond and are indeed helpful. Even before I got my Mailbird Pro, they have been very responsive.

For more advanced email enthusiasts, it might disappoint that it currently does not have the ability to set up filters, or messaging rules. (Maybe you can set this up with gmail beforehand?) The search can also be made more powerful. Right now it can't search and/or sort by date.

Journalist, Publicist, Marketer in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Most reliable Gmail client

Kommentare: Very good. My daily native email driver. Light years better than Thunderbird and Outlook for Gmail.

Closest thing to an official native desktop client for Gmail. Connects and syncs quickly and easily. Replicates most (nearly all, with a few exceptions) of Gmail's features, including shortcut keys. Simple, logical UI very similar to Gmail.

* Need support for other email clients so you can merge email. * If you accidentally move mail out of Sent Mail, you cannot move it back in (this is a bug and they know about it, but it has not been fixed). On Gmail, you cannot move mail out of Sent Mail, which is how Mailbird should behave. * There are minor UI quirks that should be addressed. For example, right-click does not always bring up the correct context menu (it will often bring up Print instead of Spelling, for example). * Doesn't support email sorting, the #1 gripe people have with Gmail. On Outlook, for example, you can sort your Gmail (but overall, Outlook is weak with Gmail).

Matthew E.
Founder in Australien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Mailbird is easily the best replacement for Outlook.

I switched from Outlook to Mailbird as Outlook continually crashed when opening up specific emails. I haven't had any of these issues with Mailbird. Mailbird provides a very basic interface with the majority of options accessible through the application settings. I find this helps me focus more on the emails I have received as much more real estate is provided for these. I also love how you can see when people have received and opened an email so your not guessing whether they have read it when following up with them.

The filters that I have set up in Mailbird work, but when I run these manually they are far slower to run then Mailbird's competitors. While it does not crash the software, sometimes I can be waiting for many more minutes and so close the software to stop the filter running.

Hjalmar B.
Student in Deutschland

Mailbird is a very simple to use but capable email client with some very handy app integrations.

Mailbird is an excellent and easy email client with which you can manage your different email accounts and your email's there within simple and quick. Third party app integration gives one the possibility to enhance once productivity by social media connections (Whatsapp and Facebook) and to-do lists, Google Calendar, Contacts, Keep, Evernote, Dropbox. This way, you have a very handy application which by a simple system of settings can be displayed in different manners. The email writer is easy and contains all necessary features.

There seems no pursue of the integration of more useful apps into mailbird but this might be in the development pipeline as well. A nicer automatic organizer of email groups (which groups all emails of one sender into one single group for easy management or tagging) would be very much appreciated.

Sandro roberto L.
Sandro roberto L.
Assistente Administrativo in Brasilien
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Mailbird é para quem gosta de eficiência e simplicidade! Cumpre seu papel com louvor!

5 letztes Jahr

Muita facilidade de uso, fácil sincronização com o e-mail, muito prático e simples, torna a experiência de uso fantástica. Fácil personalização, com opção para tema escuro o que ajuda muito na visualização. Criação de pastas por assunto ou tags. Atualizações para melhora do programa bem regulares. Cumpre como prometido todas as tarefas que um bom webmail deve ter.

Meio complicado de configurar algumas opções por que o menu é meio confuso. Principalmente para inserir assinatura. As propagandas são necessárias, mas em um certo ponto se tornam irritantes.

George C.
CEO in Rumänien

Clean Design, no fuss mail client

Kommentare: Mailbird helps me as a small business owner easily oversee my suite of emails.
Also, I've easily set up the free version for all my team mates which only need one email account.
We don't need special email features and yet I'm personally using 30-50% of the features Mailbird provides, the good thing is that they don't come in my way.

Very straight forward use, no extraneous features showed in your face all the time Very cheap for what it offers Customizable layouts for landscape or portrait monitor setup Dark mode UI

When opening links from add-ons apps (such as WhatsApp or Slack) it insists on opening them with their own implementation of a browser which is not practically usable. There are very occasional bugs but they all get ironed out very fast Setting up yahoo mail is a multiple step process, but I suppose that's the case with most email clients No functional proprietary spam filter

Christian P.
Minister in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen

Easiest and most full featured e-mail manager that I've found.

Customer support is good. They are constantly making improvements. When I purchased, I had the option to buy it for life. The program easily manages all of my e-mail accounts. The settings for the program and for individual accounts are extensive. My favorite feature would have to be how easy it is to setup accounts. Many programs (especially from Microsoft) require a person to know all of the right settings. You can certainly edit those in Mailbird, but often don't need to.

There are periodic glitches with updates. The latest was the inability to scroll through messages using the mouse wheel. These things often get fixed eventually, but they are usually simple things that I use regularly so it is a nuisance. Many of the symbols are confusing. Not a big deal once you learn the product, but they aren't intuitive.

Pastor in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best email client I've found!

Kommentare: Mailbird provides seemless integration of multiple email accounts and excellent integration with other apps, providing a one-stop overview of most of my correspondence and task-management.

What I like most about Mailbird is the ease of managing my email workflow. Because of the ease of assigning inbox items or strategically snoozing items I want to visit later, I frequently operate with an "Inbox Zero" status. Using Mailbird has greatly helped me to get things done. The integration with other apps, especially Evernote and ToDoist, makes Mailbird even more useful. After using various cloud-based and offline apps, I plan to stay with Mailbird for a long time.

The only thing I'm less than pleased with is a display issue on my laptop when I switch to tablet mode. (Dell Inspiron 5000 series). Mailbird still works, but resolution is not what it should be in this mode. Given Mailbird's frequent updates and responsive customer service, I expect a solution to this is not far-off.