Über Mailbird

Mailbird ist eine (mehrere) Email-Management Anwendung, die mit vielen populären Aufgaben-, Kalender-, Messaging- und Videoanruf-Apps integriert.

Erfahre mehr über Mailbird

The design of the email client is intuitive and uncluttered, yet allows access to all tools I would want.

Their extremely poor customer service, or lack there of.

Bewertungen zu Mailbird

Mailbird hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 388 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Mailbird bereits verwendet?

Nicholas
Nicholas
Teacher in Italien
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Great email client

Kommentare: Very positive. I've received good customer service and the price is very reasonable given that it's a one-off payment.

Set out nicely with a clear design. Love having whatsapp dropbox and google calendar all in one place integrated into the email client.

There is nothing that I can think of I don't like about the product. I am very happy with it.

Martyn
Tech Support in UK
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Lifetime Licenses to good to be true.

Kommentare: Good until they released 3.0 and destroyed all trust with current long-term loyal customers.

The simplicity of using this was a dream, the previously offered lifetime product was a nice touch but they have stopped honoring this now.

It is no longer honouring the lifetime licenses.

Juanita
Owner in Australien
Kunst & Handwerk, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Lifetime Licence, lasted less than 10 months

1,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Shocking, bad, not good, got ripped off big time, help non existent

Easy to read and set up, able to display emails in the order that is best suited to you.

Search function totally useless, settings function useless, unable to transfer any of the email data away from mailbird, you have to pay for a third party app to fulfill this when you want to leave. Getting hold of anyone for help on anything impossible, unless you wish to purchase, they are very quick to jump on that one.

Antwort von Mailbird

letzten Monat

Hi Juanita, We're naturally sorry for the disappointment caused - however I can see that we have replied to each and every one of the support requests which you created: - Ticket #496706 (created yesterday). - Ticket #489238 (created Jan. 6th 2024). - Ticket 462518 (created Apr. 11th 2023). - Ticket #462013 (created Apr. 6th 2023, which you rated positively). You stated that our customers must pay for a third-party app - this is incorrect, since we have built a tool to export data for free. More information can be found here: https://support.getmailbird.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013591887-How-to-Use-Mailbird-Export-Tools While we are sorry that we could not implement the search functions that you requested, we did acknowledge your feature request and provided you with prompt replies. We receive countless feature requests for all sorts of improvements and functionalities, and we do our very best to prioritise new features or improvements based on the level of interest they receive.

Victor
Developer in Schweden
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It just works!

Kommentare: I have many different inboxes that I have to keep track of. Having to switch accounts to check everything at least a few times a day was very time-consuming. Since switching to MailBird I get all my accounts synced to a unified inbox and notified whenever I receive an email. That makes it much easier to stay on top of my work and keep track of everything with minimal effort which could easily save a lot of time.

The best thing about MailBird is that everything works. I have been using it for many years and it has been very reliable with no problems at all. Everything you should expect from your mail client is there with a few extra features as well but most importantly I have not encountered a single issue since I started using MailBird.

It might look a little bit basic and does not compare with all the fancy web-like interfaces that most newer software has. But don't let it fool you, there are a lot of great features that make MailBird a powerful tool, and most importantly what it does, it does well.

Dan
CTO in Niederlande
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Clean and fast email client

Kommentare: Been using daily for several years with 10+ accounts on all kinds of servers from local self-hosted to exchange and Gmail. Works excellent and support is pretty good too for the rare occasion it doesn't.

Multiple accounts incl combined mailbox.

I wish they focused more on core E-mail features such as auto-classification or maybe spam filtering and less on integrating every tool out there.

Azizur
Network Operator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

The email client MailBird is very simple to use.

Kommentare: It's easy to customize MailBird. I have the ability to alter both the client's appearance and how it functions.

I can handle several email accounts from one location using MailBird, a desktop email client. It works with both Windows and macOS.I can complete tasks quickly because to the clear and simple UI and the abundance of keyboard shortcuts.

Only Mac OS X and Windows support MailBird. No mobile app exists.Occasionally, MailBird can be sluggish, especially if I have a large number of accounts and messages.

Cory
COO in USA
Baumaterial, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great product until v3.0

Kommentare: Love it until v3.0. I was excited to test new versions and use 3.0. My license doesn't support it.

Mailbird was my preferred email management tool. I always preferred it above Google, Outlook, etc.

I have a professional license. That lifetime professional licence does not include the features in the new v3.0. Mailbird has not lost all of its usefulness.

Gjergji
Web designer in Albanien
Design, Selbstständig

Fast, attractive email client

It is fast, it loads fast. Very attractive interface. Very easy to use, all in one Inbox. I love the integration with Whatsapp, Wunderlist, gCalendar, gKeep and many more.

I miss some right-click menu options and tabs. I have accounts with lots of folder and I have to scroll to check them. If I could use tabs, they will show if any emails is in folder. I would like for external links such as in Twitter, Whatsapp to be opened in my default browser rather than in the built-in. You can play Twitter video inside Mailbird.

Greg
Greg
National Sales Manager in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent email program!

Easy to setup and handles more than one email account. Customer support is really good and they keep adding new features.

I really don't have any cons to list for this product.

Essen & Trinken, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Software for Email Sending

Kommentare: It's very good experience.

I found this software very interesting and helpful for email marketing and management. I send my daily office mails by mailbird to my all clients.

There's none of the existing features which i dislike.

Danny
CEO in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Mailbird is by far the best email client I have ever used and it helped me get to Inbox Zero

Kommentare: Mailbird helped me reach and maintain Inbox Zero for 1.5 years and counting. I am now far more organized in my life by being able to handle my email as it comes in daily instead of letting it fall behind.

Mailbird is single-handedly the best software that I have implemented in the last few years. I tried every desktop email client I could find and was extremely impressed with Mailbird right from the start. My goal in transitioning from Gmail in a browser to a desktop client was to be able to answer all of my emails while traveling and being disconnected from the internet. Now Gmail has an offline mode, but Mailbird still beats using Gmail in the browser because of all of its other features. I love having a shortcut [ctrl-alt-space] to start an email from anywhere on my computer. Their shortcut keys allow for very fast email composing, reading, and managing. There are many software integrations so you can sync to all of your email accounts, calendars, chats, project management software, etc. My New Year's Resolution in 2016 was to get to Inbox Zero and stay there. Mailbird helped me do this by organizing all of my email, making it easy to sort, and quickly reply. I am still at Inbox Zero 1.5 years later. It does a great job organizing your contacts, handling attachments, and managing your folders. It even has a way to search only your attachments to find that document from months ago that you can't remember who sent.

I really don't have any cons in using Mailbird other than they don't have a mobile app. This isn't a huge problem as there are other apps for mobile, but it would be very helpful to have the same look and feel on a phone.

Medienproduktion, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Love the Software - but they do collect your addresses.

Kommentare: I really do like the software better than any other email client I have used, so I am sticking with them for now. I hope they are true to their word on only collecting email addresses that you use Mailbird to check. I don't believe they share addresses with any outside company and have only received one sales email from them.

Easy to use and integrates well with Gmail, Office 365, and just about any email account you would use. Very simple but powerful interface. Love that it has a 'Unified Account' where you can see emails from the accounts you choose, but still leave your 'spam' email account out (you get to choose which accounts show up there). Search seems to work really well, even better than Outlook with both gmail and Office 365 accounts.

They DO collect email addresses that you use Mailbird to check. I was surprised to get an email solicitation to purchase the business version to an account that I had set up but never shared with Mailbird (I used a different account to purchase.) I would have rated them 5 stars across the board if it were not for this. I read online where someone from Mailbird was comparing this to google saying that google collects all sorts of data. The difference is that google is close to being a trillion dollar company with a lot to lose. Everyone knows they collect data and either accept it or use something else. I had never heard of Mailbird until several weeks ago, and their website makes it sound like they do not collect this information when they actually do. "Mailbird also no longer sends name and email address to the License Management System. " (this appears to be a new 'update', but I confirmed that it has been on the website for the last several months at least.) All of their 'add-ons' are really just opening web apps in a side bar. They don't appear to have any real integration with the program. There are two places to 'opt out' of data sharing. When you first set up the program it asks you, then you have to also go into settings -> advanced and un-check 'Share performance and usage data'.

Erika
Erika
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Mailbird has a great interface for managing multiple mail accounts

Kommentare: Overall, I stopped looking for another app, and so, for my, the glitchy integrations are not enough for me to move on to another app, because I really like the user interface of Mailbird.

I like the interface overall. I use it for a total of ten distinct mailboxes for diffferent companies and roles, and Mailbird gives me enough ways to separate these things, while still having a catch-all inbox, which they call Unified Inbox, in case I ever achieve Inbox Zero.

I have yet to be able to get the integrations to work - Zoom and Google Calendar are the two I would use the most. I also find the Chrome and facebook integrations glitchy - when I had them integrated and would open a link in Mailbird, I could not close the window, ever, so that it was blocking the screen until I force closed the mailbird process altogether.

W Lawrence
CEO in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

An ABSOLUTE Waste of Time and Money

Kommentare: I have wasted more time with this program than any other. Thunderbird is a much better interface. Tech support is useless. You will have to ask your question 3-4 times before they actually read it and answer you. They will send you a GPT response that has nothing to do with your question or the person answering cannot speak English or is not reading the question.

It looks good until you have to use it, then the pretty interface becomes very inefficient..

Limited move capability. You can move but only a few messages at a time. The lack of continuous synching with Google Calendars. If they deny this, I have the email from tech support that says they do not do it.

Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Most reliable Gmail client

Kommentare: Very good. My daily native email driver. Light years better than Thunderbird and Outlook for Gmail.

Closest thing to an official native desktop client for Gmail. Connects and syncs quickly and easily. Replicates most (nearly all, with a few exceptions) of Gmail's features, including shortcut keys. Simple, logical UI very similar to Gmail.

* Need support for other email clients so you can merge email. * If you accidentally move mail out of Sent Mail, you cannot move it back in (this is a bug and they know about it, but it has not been fixed). On Gmail, you cannot move mail out of Sent Mail, which is how Mailbird should behave. * There are minor UI quirks that should be addressed. For example, right-click does not always bring up the correct context menu (it will often bring up Print instead of Spelling, for example). * Doesn't support email sorting, the #1 gripe people have with Gmail. On Outlook, for example, you can sort your Gmail (but overall, Outlook is weak with Gmail).

Matthew
Founder in Australien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Mailbird is easily the best replacement for Outlook.

I switched from Outlook to Mailbird as Outlook continually crashed when opening up specific emails. I haven't had any of these issues with Mailbird. Mailbird provides a very basic interface with the majority of options accessible through the application settings. I find this helps me focus more on the emails I have received as much more real estate is provided for these. I also love how you can see when people have received and opened an email so your not guessing whether they have read it when following up with them.

The filters that I have set up in Mailbird work, but when I run these manually they are far slower to run then Mailbird's competitors. While it does not crash the software, sometimes I can be waiting for many more minutes and so close the software to stop the filter running.

Hjalmar
Student in Deutschland

Mailbird is a very simple to use but capable email client with some very handy app integrations.

Mailbird is an excellent and easy email client with which you can manage your different email accounts and your email's there within simple and quick. Third party app integration gives one the possibility to enhance once productivity by social media connections (Whatsapp and Facebook) and to-do lists, Google Calendar, Contacts, Keep, Evernote, Dropbox. This way, you have a very handy application which by a simple system of settings can be displayed in different manners. The email writer is easy and contains all necessary features.

There seems no pursue of the integration of more useful apps into mailbird but this might be in the development pipeline as well. A nicer automatic organizer of email groups (which groups all emails of one sender into one single group for easy management or tagging) would be very much appreciated.

George
CEO in Rumänien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Clean Design, no fuss mail client

Kommentare: Mailbird helps me as a small business owner easily oversee my suite of emails.
Also, I've easily set up the free version for all my team mates which only need one email account.
We don't need special email features and yet I'm personally using 30-50% of the features Mailbird provides, the good thing is that they don't come in my way.

Very straight forward use, no extraneous features showed in your face all the time Very cheap for what it offers Customizable layouts for landscape or portrait monitor setup Dark mode UI

When opening links from add-ons apps (such as WhatsApp or Slack) it insists on opening them with their own implementation of a browser which is not practically usable. There are very occasional bugs but they all get ironed out very fast Setting up yahoo mail is a multiple step process, but I suppose that's the case with most email clients No functional proprietary spam filter

Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best email client I've found!

Kommentare: Mailbird provides seemless integration of multiple email accounts and excellent integration with other apps, providing a one-stop overview of most of my correspondence and task-management.

What I like most about Mailbird is the ease of managing my email workflow. Because of the ease of assigning inbox items or strategically snoozing items I want to visit later, I frequently operate with an "Inbox Zero" status. Using Mailbird has greatly helped me to get things done. The integration with other apps, especially Evernote and ToDoist, makes Mailbird even more useful. After using various cloud-based and offline apps, I plan to stay with Mailbird for a long time.

The only thing I'm less than pleased with is a display issue on my laptop when I switch to tablet mode. (Dell Inspiron 5000 series). Mailbird still works, but resolution is not what it should be in this mode. Given Mailbird's frequent updates and responsive customer service, I expect a solution to this is not far-off.

Vipin
Blogger in Indien

Mail Bird Pro is my default emailer now

Easy to use, there is no unwated additional buttons on confusing functionality. Simple inferface makes it load faster and get notified instantly when a new message arrives.

There is no delete button while reading a messge individually in the popup window. If we needs to delete a mail after reading. we need to close the messge window and then needs to delete the messge from the list. It is a not simple.

Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Best email management software you only need

Filtering email is sooo easy with Mailbird. ♥ I have 10+ emails and managing them in one platform is such a huge deal for me. I also love their mail tracking, when someone has opened your email already. I know there's so much to explore though I've been using it for more than a year already.

Looking forward to create email filter at once.

Mike
Mike
CTO in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Needs Unified Calendar and .ics support

Kommentare: Great for mail, kind of crappy calendar experience.

It is great for email offering smart unified inbox and easy to navigate. It is also a quick and responsive app.

Won't open .ics files so need to use another program for a calendar. Also does not have a native calendar so needs to plug in to Google Calendar but it's per account and not unified.

Bryan
PhD Researcher in Irland
Forschung, Selbstständig

Helpful for managing Work and Personal

Kommentare: Very positive experience, especially as I need to juggle work and personal. Find it a nice desktop alternative and has handy tools. Money well spent!

Very handy customisation features. Intuitive interface, simple and tidy layout for a smaller laptop. Lovely integration with select key applications (WhatsApp, Google Calendar) keep me on task and away from my phone during work.

The calendar integration could be better. It would be nice to have additional integration beyond a web portal. A mobile app would be nice - other apps are especially dominant there. Downloads from email attachments could be a bit better too. Like choosing folder etc.

Brandon
Therapist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

MailBird is a serious contender for best email app

Kommentare: Overall I'm able to use Mailbird for all my email accounts and combine everything into one email app which is great. No more switching back and forth to multiple different apps.

Mailbird is a great full featured email app that works smoothly on my Windows 10 computer. It's replaced all other mail apps (including Microsoft Outlook). It has a wide variety of settings for customization. I can add emails from all accounts very easily and it works flawlessly.

I do have a difficult time adding POP3 and IMAP accounts at times. It's unclear why at this point so I'd like to see an easier way to add those types of email accounts.

James
Senior Project Manager in UK
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

One of the best in market email platforms

Kommentare: Very impressed with the software - great value for money with lots of useful and brilliant features. A good email client with features similar to Microsoft Outlook and that can support multiple email accounts.

If you like Microsoft Outlook but you use another email client like GMail then you'll love this. It provides you with the features that make Microsoft Outlook great and adds additional functionality on top of that. Highly customisable as well - one of the best email platforms I have used! If you buy the Pro version as well it's really good value for money and you can buy a lifetime licence for a one off fee.

It offers a free version but the free version has advertisements and less functionality than the pro version. Although to be fair, the functionality you get in the pro version isn't a big improvement and some might not find it worth the money. The main benefit in my opinion is getting rid of the advertisments.