Mailbird is a great non-MS alternative to Outlook.

Taylor B.
Integration Analyst
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Extremely happy. I use it everyday, I've sent the 'try me out' link to my coworkers because I love the program so much, which I almost never do. Try it out, see if it's for you. Email clients are often deeply personal things, and it's hard to quantify why one 'works' for you but not another. In this case it worked very well and I highly recommend giving it a try.

Vorteile: I love the clean design, the robust interoperability between POP and other email formats. It's extremely customizable with a good-sized ecosystem of add-on extensions and tools such as a Calendar app, a Toggl app for tracking time, and even one for Todoist to manage tasks. There are 'folders' for organizing (as opposed to 'tabs' like Gmail has, which has always sort of conceptually lost me.) It docks to the desktop well and unobtrusively, in addition to many little things that just make it a great user experience. The cost was absolutely phenomenal; I forget exactly what I paid but I got an amazing deal on a lifetime license last year, and I've never regretted the purchase.

Nachteile: This is more a gripe about email clients in general; it does not have the ability to define 'rules', which is the one thing that kept me in Outlook far longer than I ever should have. This is something that is pretty rare to find in email clients as a whole, so it's not a huge knock on Mailbird. It would be really nice though someday!

I love that I can pull in multiple email accounts into 1 unified view to easily manage all my email

Bewertet am 14.7.2018
Wendy N.
.Net/SharePoint Developer
1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software saves me many hours per week performing email management tasks. By pulling all my email into a single unified interface, I can process emails as soon as they come in and not get bogged down by email clutter.

Vorteile: The ability to pull in ANY email account that I have, from Yahoo, Outlook.com, Gmail, to any IMAP or POP email account. I have multiple email accounts and having them all in one interface is great. I can segregate them by clicking on each different email account icon, or I can view them all together in a single view, which I love. In addition, I can color code the messages from each account so even in unified view, I can still quickly and easily tell which email account they were sent to. I also like that you can pull in popular apps right into the interface like Facebook, WhatsApp, Dropbox, Google calendar, Feedly and a ton others so you don't have to leave this app to get a quick glimpse of what's going on in those other apps. Also it's free so that's a big plus.

Nachteile: There's a lot of options and integrations which can seem a bit overwhelming to first-time users. And it can be tricky setting up non-standard (Yahoo/Gmail etc.) email accounts. But once you get it all set up and start using it, it's amazing!

Support VERY BAD

Bewertet am 20.11.2019
Brad A.
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I ended up fixed my problems myself..nothing to do with anti virus/firewalls as I was told multiple times! The first request for help was over a month ago and an endless back and forth of generic emails blaming my firewalls (WHICH WAS NOT THE PROBLEM) ended in me finding a new email provider in the short term to be bale to function while I waited and waited and WAITED for a generic response with a wrong answer. I have to say I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with the lack of support (Long waits for a reply to just say "we haven't forgotten about you" and then days later only receive a generic email that just keeps telling me its my ant virus/firewall??!! Its just not good enough and a bit ridiculous really as email is very important and when its not working you have a FAST response (live chat even) and more one to one personal attention.
I sent "Logs twice as they had asked me to do and they came back with no answers (turned out my password was incorrect but this was never even something they considering asking me to check..it was all about my antiviurs or fiirewalls which was had been turned off already but thats what they kept saying it was!)
I have a full membership but will not be recommending it to anyone as the support is so bad and generic and unhelpful.
Regards, Brad

Vorteile: It works ok sometimes what else do I need to say, this is not a good review

Nachteile: When it DOESNT WORK your on your own as Support is just generic emails that take days to reply and just give you generic answers that dont even work..shameful

Needs Unified Calendar and .ics support

Bewertet am 22.10.2019
Mike P.
CTO

Kommentare: Great for mail, kind of crappy calendar experience.

Vorteile: It is great for email offering smart unified inbox and easy to navigate. It is also a quick and responsive app.

Nachteile: Won't open .ics files so need to use another program for a calendar. Also does not have a native calendar so needs to plug in to Google Calendar but it's per account and not unified.

Dissatisfied. Took a few weeks to experience many program deficiencies & they refused to refund me

Bewertet am 19.6.2019
Kimary M.
Executive Director for one organization, Treasurer for the other

Kommentare: Very disappointing. Did much work to set up folders and bring over saved e-mails and get all my contacts transferred just to find Mailbird lacking basic features that have been around for over a decade in other FREE emails.

Vorteile: Now that I've switched I've found more deficiencies in their design than good. I guess the best so far was customer service helped my husband figure out how to import my 900 contacts from my former Live Mail. And their service reps are pleasant and easy to understand but they can't help you much because the program is so limited. But they are very pleasant when they tell you "Mailbird can't do that" to most the service requests I've made.

Nachteile: If you do a search of your e-mails you cannot erase in search mode. Meaning once the temporary need to retain emails on a certain topic expires you can search and SEE the dozens of emails you are now ready to erase but you can't erase them. One must write down all the dates or just manually scroll through to erase ONE AT A TIME. Major program flaw. Also you can't decrease the amount of space between returns, & there is no condensed font so if you compose things people will need to print out it will annoyingly take extra paper and ink to print. The bottom line is that my former FREE email was capable of so many basic things mail bird is not capable of and took more than a little over 14 days to experience each limitation as I had need to use the feature. So now I have to waste the money I paid for Mailbird and go to a more progressed e-mail design and I'm not even done moving everything to Mailbird yet.

Great software!

Bewertet am 6.11.2019
Jonathon J.
Computer-Hardware, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I have loved this program from the first time I installed it. Setup is easy, account setup wizard is a great and easy walkthrough, and it handles IMAP accounts with ease.

Vorteile: I have multiple accounts, personal and professional, all in one place. Outlook does now configure for some email servers, but this program come pre-configured with the correct protocols for all of the major web based email servers.

Nachteile: No direct interface with Antivirus. The program does not have an available interface that antivirus programs can use to pre-screen emails for viruses.

Awesome software Mailbird

Bewertet am 25.10.2019
Kneller F.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Awesome

Vorteile: A one time payment allows you to add emails into Mailbird without limit and check them from one location.
A robust and great software.
Great support - very responsive.

Nachteile: Had some glitches earlier where certain emails failed to go, however seem to be sorted out by updates.

Mailbird is easy to use email client with many integrations

Bewertet am 12.1.2020

Kommentare: This is our go to stand alone email client to use multiple email accounts in one place. It is easy to setup and integrates with everything under the sun...

Vorteile: Mailbird is easy to use email client with many integrations that allows us to use multiple email accounts in one unified mailbox.

Nachteile: Mailbird can integrate with all kinds of social media account and other stuff that is can be overwhelming.

Really impressive desktop email

Bewertet am 13.10.2019
Rob C.
Marketing Copywriter

Kommentare: I have two personal email addresses and two business email addresses that I use throughout my day, and having them all accessible in one place - no need to manually switch accounts or run multiple browser tabs - is just great. That the Mailbird window also offers easy access to other apps I use frequently; like Slack, Drive, Dropbox, and others; just sweetens the deal, and saves me even more time.

Vorteile: Not only does Mailbird put all your email accounts into a common window, but it also lets you incorporate other chat and productivity tools into the same space. With good customization options to let you set all of this up in Mailbird for a personalized workflow, using this app should only result in improvements to efficiency.

Nachteile: It's tough to switch away from working in your browser after years of having done so. Gmail is a great tool in its own right, and Mailbird doesn't offer a ton more in terms of features or experience as compared to the refined basics you get directly from Google. I don't always remember, frankly, that I have Mailbird. Once I do remember, though, I do switch over.

Best Mail App I've used

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Chris H.
Functional Analyst
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Very positive. Customer support was also excellent, responded quickly to any queries I had.

Vorteile: How stable it is when using multiple mail providers; so many times with outlook my OST files would get corrupted and I would have to set them up again
Better looking and more functionality than windows mail.
Can easily copy account settings between different clients if need to set them up on various PCs

Nachteile: That it can only handle a limited number of google log ons, but I suspect that is a google account limitation rather than mailbird - and you can get around this by using Username / password log on instead of google authentication

Mailbird is by far the best email client I have ever used and it helped me get to Inbox Zero

Bewertet am 20.7.2017
Danny E.

Kommentare: Mailbird helped me reach and maintain Inbox Zero for 1.5 years and counting. I am now far more organized in my life by being able to handle my email as it comes in daily instead of letting it fall behind.

Vorteile: Mailbird is single-handedly the best software that I have implemented in the last few years. I tried every desktop email client I could find and was extremely impressed with Mailbird right from the start. My goal in transitioning from Gmail in a browser to a desktop client was to be able to answer all of my emails while traveling and being disconnected from the internet. Now Gmail has an offline mode, but Mailbird still beats using Gmail in the browser because of all of its other features. I love having a shortcut [ctrl-alt-space] to start an email from anywhere on my computer. Their shortcut keys allow for very fast email composing, reading, and managing. There are many software integrations so you can sync to all of your email accounts, calendars, chats, project management software, etc. My New Year's Resolution in 2016 was to get to Inbox Zero and stay there. Mailbird helped me do this by organizing all of my email, making it easy to sort, and quickly reply. I am still at Inbox Zero 1.5 years later. It does a great job organizing your contacts, handling attachments, and managing your folders. It even has a way to search only your attachments to find that document from months ago that you can't remember who sent.

Nachteile: I really don't have any cons in using Mailbird other than they don't have a mobile app. This isn't a huge problem as there are other apps for mobile, but it would be very helpful to have the same look and feel on a phone.

Inbox zero!

Bewertet am 15.9.2019
Stacy M.
Lead
Eventservice, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Mailbird gives me what other desktop email programs didn't, a chance to stay on top of my emails. It's fast and with the unified mailbox, emails don't get lost in the shuffle. When my team first switched, we were able to import all the email settings from the other mail program we were using. Setup was instant!

Vorteile: The best thing about this software is the unified inbox. I have twelve email addresses, and when using other similar desktop email software, I would have to click on each email address to view the inbox of each. With this, it combines all the new email together, which helps to keep on top of all my emails.

Nachteile: The desktop software is spot on, it is hard to find a fault. My only wish is that there was a mobile version of this software for my phone.

Love the Software - but they do collect your addresses.

Bewertet am 7.6.2019
Developer
Medienproduktion, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I really do like the software better than any other email client I have used, so I am sticking with them for now. I hope they are true to their word on only collecting email addresses that you use Mailbird to check. I don't believe they share addresses with any outside company and have only received one sales email from them.

Vorteile: Easy to use and integrates well with Gmail, Office 365, and just about any email account you would use. Very simple but powerful interface. Love that it has a 'Unified Account' where you can see emails from the accounts you choose, but still leave your 'spam' email account out (you get to choose which accounts show up there). Search seems to work really well, even better than Outlook with both gmail and Office 365 accounts.

Nachteile: They DO collect email addresses that you use Mailbird to check. I was surprised to get an email solicitation to purchase the business version to an account that I had set up but never shared with Mailbird (I used a different account to purchase.) I would have rated them 5 stars across the board if it were not for this. I read online where someone from Mailbird was comparing this to google saying that google collects all sorts of data. The difference is that google is close to being a trillion dollar company with a lot to lose. Everyone knows they collect data and either accept it or use something else. I had never heard of Mailbird until several weeks ago, and their website makes it sound like they do not collect this information when they actually do. "Mailbird also no longer sends name and email address to the License Management System. "
(this appears to be a new 'update', but I confirmed that it has been on the website for the last several months at least.)
All of their 'add-ons' are really just opening web apps in a side bar. They don't appear to have any real integration with the program. There are two places to 'opt out' of data sharing. When you first set up the program it asks you, then you have to also go into settings -> advanced and un-check 'Share performance and usage data'.

It's great to have options

Bewertet am 24.6.2019
Adrian L.
IT Consultant
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I'm a long term Microsoft proprietary software user, like most other people, and it is scary to see, year after year, how little they care about what they put out there.
Nothing I ever purchased from Microsoft worked as expected out of the box (Windows, Office, SQL, Surface Pro, SurfaceBook) - I spend almost as much time googling unhelpful error messages and trying to fix their unfinished products as I do using their products.
After a streak of problems with Outlook and many hours wasted trying to make it work as intended, I found Mailbird, which had a free plan at the time. I installed it on both my Surface Pro and Windows PC as a back-up email client for when Outlook crashed. As you would expect, I've had many opportunities to use Mailbird. It felt like Mailbird was designed by people who actually use email - which was definitely a breath of fresh air.
A week later, I bought a license (although Exchange wasn't supported at the time) to support them on this journey.
I still depended on Outlook for the Calendar integration, but having something that 'just works' as an alternative for everything else did make my suffering bearable.
Support is spot-on: they don't insult your intelligence by telling you to run 'sfc /scannow' each time you have a problem. Unlike most others *cough* they are knowledgeable about their product and very helpful on each occasion. I have nothing but love for the underdog.

Vorteile: + Not made by Microsoft + Beautiful interface
+ Intuitive
+ Customisable

Nachteile: - Can only choose font sizes from a static list (Font size 11 is not available)
- Cannot scroll through the body of an email with mouse middle click

Fast, attractive email client

Gjergji K.
Web designer
Design, Selbstständig

Vorteile: It is fast, it loads fast. Very attractive interface. Very easy to use, all in one Inbox. I love the integration with Whatsapp, Wunderlist, gCalendar, gKeep and many more.

Nachteile: I miss some right-click menu options and tabs. I have accounts with lots of folder and I have to scroll to check them. If I could use tabs, they will show if any emails is in folder. I would like for external links such as in Twitter, Whatsapp to be opened in my default browser rather than in the built-in. You can play Twitter video inside Mailbird.

Finally, a great email app with best form and function for Windows

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Josemaria G.
Vice Director for External Affairs

Kommentare: Beauty will save the world. My philosophy is that if it's not beautiful and functional, I/people will not use it. Mailbird is great in terms of aesthetics and email app functionality. It just looks great, easy to use, and works! Some advanced features (filtering, search) may be a bit wanting. But for my daily use, it feels just like Gmail as it should be (on a beautiful platform).

Vorteile: It is a thing of beauty. Form meets function. It is much better than other Windows email apps, and I've tried a ton already (Thunderbird, Outlook, MS Mail...). It kind of reminds me of Spark mail which I use with my Mac. Keyboard shortcuts is the same with Gmail (by default) which made it easy for me to transition from browser based gmail to Mailbird. The Snooze function is also one of my favorites. It helps me achieve Zero-Inbox without worrying about the emails "I don't need to attend to right now but need to be reminded of some other time." Support team is very quick to respond and are indeed helpful. Even before I got my Mailbird Pro, they have been very responsive.

Nachteile: For more advanced email enthusiasts, it might disappoint that it currently does not have the ability to set up filters, or messaging rules. (Maybe you can set this up with gmail beforehand?) The search can also be made more powerful. Right now it can't search and/or sort by date.

Most reliable Gmail client

Journalist, Publicist, Marketer
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Very good. My daily native email driver. Light years better than Thunderbird and Outlook for Gmail.

Vorteile: Closest thing to an official native desktop client for Gmail. Connects and syncs quickly and easily. Replicates most (nearly all, with a few exceptions) of Gmail's features, including shortcut keys. Simple, logical UI very similar to Gmail.

Nachteile: * Need support for other email clients so you can merge email.
* If you accidentally move mail out of Sent Mail, you cannot move it back in (this is a bug and they know about it, but it has not been fixed). On Gmail, you cannot move mail out of Sent Mail, which is how Mailbird should behave.
* There are minor UI quirks that should be addressed. For example, right-click does not always bring up the correct context menu (it will often bring up Print instead of Spelling, for example).
* Doesn't support email sorting, the #1 gripe people have with Gmail. On Outlook, for example, you can sort your Gmail (but overall, Outlook is weak with Gmail).

One of the best, minimal email clients

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Christopher S.
Creative Director
Konsumgüter, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Best email client I have ever used, love it, probably as lame as it sounds, my fav current software, it gives me the least headaches out of everything else I use.

Vorteile: Minimal design, exceptionally light on resources, looking at you bloated outlook slowing down the whole computer with features I do not need or want. This software is so simple, omni - inbox, check, clean design, check, fast, check and from the interactions I have had with their support team, they have a dedicated team passionate about making a good email client.

Nachteile: I really wish this was ported to android, that's like my only real beef. Also every once in a while something will bug out and our IT guy just tells me to switch to outlook....: |

Great email client

Nicholas L.
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Very positive. I've received good customer service and the price is very reasonable given that it's a one-off payment.

Vorteile: Set out nicely with a clear design. Love having whatsapp dropbox and google calendar all in one place integrated into the email client.

Nachteile: There is nothing that I can think of I don't like about the product. I am very happy with it.

Mailbird is a very simple to use but capable email client with some very handy app integrations.

Bewertet am 19.4.2018
Hjalmar B.
Student

Vorteile: Mailbird is an excellent and easy email client with which you can manage your different email accounts and your email's there within simple and quick. Third party app integration gives one the possibility to enhance once productivity by social media connections (Whatsapp and Facebook) and to-do lists, Google Calendar, Contacts, Keep, Evernote, Dropbox. This way, you have a very handy application which by a simple system of settings can be displayed in different manners. The email writer is easy and contains all necessary features.

Nachteile: There seems no pursue of the integration of more useful apps into mailbird but this might be in the development pipeline as well. A nicer automatic organizer of email groups (which groups all emails of one sender into one single group for easy management or tagging) would be very much appreciated.

Clean Design, no fuss mail client

George C.

Kommentare: Mailbird helps me as a small business owner easily oversee my suite of emails.
Also, I've easily set up the free version for all my team mates which only need one email account.
We don't need special email features and yet I'm personally using 30-50% of the features Mailbird provides, the good thing is that they don't come in my way.

Vorteile: Very straight forward use, no extraneous features showed in your face all the time
Very cheap for what it offers
Customizable layouts for landscape or portrait monitor setup
Dark mode UI

Nachteile: When opening links from add-ons apps (such as WhatsApp or Slack) it insists on opening them with their own implementation of a browser which is not practically usable.
There are very occasional bugs but they all get ironed out very fast
Setting up yahoo mail is a multiple step process, but I suppose that's the case with most email clients
No functional proprietary spam filter

Easiest and most full featured e-mail manager that I've found.

Bewertet am 9.1.2018
Christian P.
Minister
Religiöse Einrichtungen

Vorteile: Customer support is good. They are constantly making improvements. When I purchased, I had the option to buy it for life. The program easily manages all of my e-mail accounts. The settings for the program and for individual accounts are extensive. My favorite feature would have to be how easy it is to setup accounts. Many programs (especially from Microsoft) require a person to know all of the right settings. You can certainly edit those in Mailbird, but often don't need to.

Nachteile: There are periodic glitches with updates. The latest was the inability to scroll through messages using the mouse wheel. These things often get fixed eventually, but they are usually simple things that I use regularly so it is a nuisance. Many of the symbols are confusing. Not a big deal once you learn the product, but they aren't intuitive.

Best email client I've found!

Pastor
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Mailbird provides seemless integration of multiple email accounts and excellent integration with other apps, providing a one-stop overview of most of my correspondence and task-management.

Vorteile: What I like most about Mailbird is the ease of managing my email workflow. Because of the ease of assigning inbox items or strategically snoozing items I want to visit later, I frequently operate with an "Inbox Zero" status. Using Mailbird has greatly helped me to get things done. The integration with other apps, especially Evernote and ToDoist, makes Mailbird even more useful. After using various cloud-based and offline apps, I plan to stay with Mailbird for a long time.

Nachteile: The only thing I'm less than pleased with is a display issue on my laptop when I switch to tablet mode. (Dell Inspiron 5000 series). Mailbird still works, but resolution is not what it should be in this mode. Given Mailbird's frequent updates and responsive customer service, I expect a solution to this is not far-off.

Great Outlook alternative

Oleg G.

Kommentare: When we started our way to go away from Microsoft, the first step was to find alternatives to MS Office, it was easy to find replacement for Word and Excel, but for Outlook it was really hard to find an alternative. Mailbird became almost a perfect replacement, and even beaten Outlook in Gmail integration and Unified inbox.
Waiting a Linux version to continue our moving to Microsoft-free office.

Vorteile: - Unified inbox
- Support for Gmail/GApps labels
- Quick seach even in really big mailboxes (search in six mailboxes with total size 50+GB takes not more then 5 seconds)
- Affordable price

Nachteile: - No Linux version (one of apps, that still holds me on Windows)
- Search sometimes inaccurate, no complex search syntax
- Unable to create multiple signatures on the same mailbox (e.g. for me it's useful to have Russian and English signature on my bussiness mailbox at the same time)

Very easy to use cheap mail exchange for desktop

Bewertet am 9.9.2019
Founder & CEO
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: -Very easy to use
-Gmail keyboard shortcut just makes the email reading in a breeze.
-Easy to manage accounts.
-Nice dashboard and design.
-Integrations allow users to not leave the app so you can see your calendar and docs.
-Undo sent email is a lifesaver.

Nachteile: -Search option is not good. It needs to improve.
-The attachments are stored separately and cannot edit when you open them. This loses us time when we edit or sign a paper.
-Limited background and color options.