Convenient, reliable, and very inexpensive

Bewertet am 9.7.2018
Ken N.
Senior Software Engineer

Kommentare: Automated data backups and cost management
Simplification of system operations
Quick results, compared to doing it in-house

Vorteile: I've used Skeddly for years, in 4 companies so far, whenever I've used AWS. It makes best practices easy to implement, including backups, disaster recovery, and cost control. The feature list seems to expand every few months, so the value keeps expanding without programming or effort on my part. The price is great -- no minimums, and very reasonable per-transaction billing. When scheduled tasks are run, notifications can be emailed on success or failure. I also appreciate the way that logs are maintained inside Skeddly, so I don't have to manage their preservation and access. While I could program these scheduled tasks myself, I much prefer having a tool that is developed and run independently. It's more reliable; and Skeddly's UI and documentation makes it much easier to delegate responsibility for it, compared to my own programs.

Nachteile: I haven't had any problems with Skeddly in my companies, but I can understand if other companies would prefer to keep these functions in-house. Skeddly is given a role in my AWS account which allows it to do its tasks, and this means that can get information about how my systems are organized. In addition, the log files that it preserves also reveal information about our configurations. It's obviously just a subset of what AWS already knows; but some companies could find it problematic.

von Eleven41 Software an 19.7.2018

Thank you so much Ken for your review. I'm glad your finding Skeddly easy to use and that you're getting value from us. -Matt

Skeddly makes managing AWS better.

Bewertet am 8.6.2018
Ed M.
Senior Operations Engineer

Kommentare: Makes my life easier

Vorteile: I love that I have been able to fully automate all of my AMI and snapshot creation for backup and replication. Skeddly makes it easy for me to take snaps of all my important data and ship it to multiple regions. At the same time the cleanup tasks are great and help keep snapshot and storage costs down because we don't have to think about it and we only keep the data we want. I have reached out to support on several occasions with questions and feel like my requests have been resolved on the first contact. The pricing is also great since you only pay per action.

Nachteile: Early on I made some poor choices in how I was tagging resources created by Skeddly and forgot several of my cleanup jobs were in test mode this lead to a few months of excessive charges for snapshot storage. A notification that a job was running, but in test mode for more than a week or something would be great. In the end the fault was my own and even though I tagged some resources poorly initially I was still able to clean it all up with Skeddly once I realized my error

von Eleven41 Software an 11.6.2018

Hi Ed. Thanks for this review and for the feedback. We'll make note of the issues you faced and see what we can do going forward. -Matt

Allows me to automate and manage my backup and DR plan for my organization at very low cost.

Bewertet am 30.12.2017
Dharam K.

Kommentare: I have an actual disaster recovery plan at a very low cost, hugely beneficial.

Vorteile: Allows me to automate snapshots of my AWS environment. Because snapshots store data in different data centers, I now have a disaster recovery solution. When I did this with Windows servers and physical locations it could cost 10's or 100's of thousands of dollars, and it was complex and difficult to test. I get a bill from Skeddly for less than a dollar per month and I feel VERY confident that my critical IT systems are protected.

Nachteile: The interface could use some help, it is a LOT better than when I first started using it some years ago, but I still get confused. I don't log into it often, so it takes a few minutes to get the hang of it, and then I'm off and running.

von Eleven41 Software an 2.1.2018

Thank you Dharam for this review. I'm glad you're finding great value by using Skeddly. -Matt

Simplifies a Complicated Task

Bewertet am 16.6.2017
Drew K.
IT Manager
Druck, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Automated backups of my EC2 instances and Route53 Zones. This is a lifesaver and a must-have if you have critical data in the cloud.

Vorteile: Automating backups on Amazon Web Services is normally a clunky experiences as it requires setting up a server, scripting, cron jobs, and knowing the volume ID's. With Skeddly, I login to an easy to use interface and customize backups using their friendly names. Not only that, email notifications are available for successful and failed backups, giving me peace of mind. It also automatically backs up my 15+ Route53 DNS zones, containing hundreds of records. This has saved me in the past when I had to compare our current config to one from several months back to troubleshoot a DNS issue. The pricing model is worth mentioning as well. Super affordable and you only pay for what you use.

Nachteile: It's kind of pain that everything is in Canadian dollar instead of USD, which is really only a minor annoyance.

von Eleven41 Software an 16.6.2017

Thank you very much Drew for the great review. We are always revisiting our billing and currencies. So I've added your +1 to USD. -Matt

One of two critical tools to our success in AWS.

Bewertet am 9.11.2017
Eric H.

Kommentare: Easy automation of processes in Aws and even Aws GovCloud. Reasonable costs, reliable functionality. It's an ingenious product.

Vorteile: It is exceedingly easy to use, and the reliability is outstanding. There is a wide breadth of services to choose to automate. My only regret is it is set it and forget...I like playing in Skeddly and doing new things. The pricing for the tool is reasonable and transaction based leaving the control of the budget in our hands which is so appreciated.

Nachteile: There is little to dislike; works well on mobile and feature requests are promptly handled. Quite amazing, really.

von Eleven41 Software an 14.11.2017

Thank you Eric for the glowing review! Please let us know if there's anything more we can do to help. -Matt

As it says on the tin

Bewertet am 4.5.2017
Sean C.
CTO

Kommentare: Highly reliable, externalised backup initiation has meant we've never had to worry about whether our backups are current.

Vorteile: We have used to automate the creation EC2 snapshots for 6/7 years now, it have NEVER let us down and as a result we have never let our customers down.

Nachteile: Pricing confusion. The month on month price has gradually crept up and up over the years with no change to our service - March to April was a $6 increase despite being a day less usage. We've not had any price changes conveyed to us that I am aware.

von Eleven41 Software an 4.5.2017

Thank you Sean for the review. Our prices have not increased since our inception in 2011. Give us a shout at support@skeddly.com and we can see about bringing some clarity to your bills. -Matt

Help me a lot and I use day by day

Bewertet am 23.5.2017
Gilberto C.

Vorteile: Saving money and never happened any outages or problems with the execution of my jobs. Prices are good, specially because they are in Canadian Dollars, cheapest in Brazil.

Nachteile: - Interface could be more graphical and easy to use, built with buttons, panels, etc.
- Suggestions to change names of AMI`s and avoid them repeat names too. Once I was generating AMI's with the same name, one killing other and I was thinking we had more backups in different times. In this case, I've put the "date and time" in the name at the end.

von Eleven41 Software an 24.5.2017

Hi Gilberto, thank you for the review. Send us note if ever you run into issues, or if you have any UI suggestions.

AWS Scheduled tasks with a comprehensive toolset, and a minimum of fuss.

Bewertet am 24.7.2017
Quentin L.
Head of Cloud Engineering

Kommentare: Cost saving, and the ability to run backups totally hands off.

Vorteile: Large number of actions available to cover all of the possible scheduling options you could imagine within the AWS platform.
Setup is easy, and secure.
Support is fast and always knowledgeable.
Price is on a per action model, so no surprises, and no licensing tie-in.
Feature requests are met quickly, as are new features when a new offering is released by AWS.

Nachteile: The ability to have one action kick off another based upon a success or failure.

von Eleven41 Software an 24.7.2017

Thank you Quentin for the fantastic review. -Matt

The best automation of the service Amazon AWS. The simplest and easiest implementation.

Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Nilson S.
Founder & CEO
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Skeddly is so wonderful and works so perfectly, I just do not need to access the web interface. Once you set it to perform the tasks of starting, stopping, making and erasing snapshots it will work so perfectly that you will have quiet days and nights :)

Nachteile: Now, just implement support for Google Cloud. This is not a negative point, but it would be interesting for the future.

von Eleven41 Software an 29.3.2018

Nilson, thank you for this review. I am thrilled that you trust in our reliability so much. I hear you about Google Cloud and we're always considering adding more cloud providers in the future. -Matt

Amazing product that simplifies my.

Bewertet am 20.2.2018
Clay H.
Strategic Advisor Technology & Supply Chain

Kommentare: It gives me back time in my day.

Vorteile: Writing maintenance scripts is probably one of my least favorite jobs, so I love products that are the best in the world at doing the things that I shouldn't be. Now every time someone asks me to help them reduce their AWS costs, add snapshots, automate instance start ups and shut downs, etc I show them how they can do it themselves with Skeddly.

von Eleven41 Software an 21.2.2018

Thank you very much Clay for your review. I'm glad that Skeddly is saving your time and money, and thank you for all of your referrals. -Matt

Simple, reliable, reasonable cost

Bewertet am 13.2.2019
Andrew G.

Vorteile: I recommend Skeddly to others because unless you have a lot of time to burn scripting, testing and monitoring TO NOT use a service like this is not worth most IT professionals time . . . at least mine. It just works and is simple to use and pennies to run.

Nachteile: None to date however my use has been mainly to automate backups. In the works is using it to reduce costs during low usage hours with a RD server farm.

Since 6 year we use Skeddly

Bewertet am 7.9.2018
Laurent D.
VP SL3
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: happy customer!

Vorteile: We use it in production and internal systems to automate some pipleline in AWS: backup, stop/start, ...
There is no surprise with the software. It is doing 100% what it is supposed to do. No bug, easy to use, affordable price (pay per use), good support.

Nachteile: Nothing to report. We all like this tools in the company.

von Eleven41 Software an 10.9.2018

Laurent, thank you for your review and for working with us all these years! -Matt

I haven't had any problems with it so far and it has a great value for money

Bewertet am 19.5.2017
Guilherme J.
Admin
Landwirtschaft, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Costs reduction from not running a amazon instance 24/7.

Vorteile: I think it has a greate value for money, since the free tier is enough for me. It was also pretty easy to setup my use case.

Nachteile: I cannot think of anything that I didn't like when I setup my account or use case. Maybe the request for providing a credit card and not being entirely sure whether I would be charged after a month or not (in my opinion this was not very clear on the terms of use).

von Eleven41 Software an 19.5.2017

Hi Guilherme, thank you very much for the review. I do apologize for the billing confusion. We'll definitely use your feedback when working with customers in the future. -Matt

Simple, cost effective, does what it advertises

Bewertet am 3.8.2018
Philippe M.
Technical Expert

Kommentare: We need to schedule the start and stop of our Dev/Integration AWS environment only for work hours.
Doing this was very simple with Skeddly at cost effective pricing.

Vorteile: It is very simple to setup start of AWS EC2 instances as long as RDS snapshots.
It works smoothly and reliably.

Nachteile: Setting up future dates where we don't want instances to start (holidays, ...) was not possible.
It was added on 20th july after multiple requests.

Ir delivers! Use it to start, stop and snapshot your AWS machines.

Bewertet am 16.10.2017
Carlos F.

Vorteile: Easy, guided way to setup in minutes. Low cost alternative to complex policy creation in AWS and other Cloud environments.

Nachteile: Nothing really, it is great overall. Maybe adding multi-factor authenticationto the mix would be a nice touch to increase security a bit more.

von Eleven41 Software an 17.10.2017

Thank you Carlos for the glowing review. Skeddly does include multi-factor authentication using your mobile device. Contact us and we'll show you how. -Matt

Easy to use, affordable and reliable.

Bewertet am 27.4.2018
Brian P.
Independent Software Consultant

Vorteile: The interface is very easy to navigate and understand. The pricing is very reasonable. And the system is reliable...I get an email every day with a status.

Nachteile: I don't have any cons. I've been using Skeddly for over 7 years to automate backups. I use it on dozens of servers and have never had an issue.

von Eleven41 Software an 30.4.2018

Reliability is one of our focuses, so I am very happy that you're seeing that. Thanks Brian! -Matt

Awesome automation tools

Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Damien H.
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Skeddly solves problems in an imperfect world. We needed automated snapshots of EC2 instances and also backing up snapshots across multiple AWS accounts. Ideally, these things would not be needed, but sometimes they are and then Skeddly comes to the rescue.

Vorteile: It's easy to use and has really useful features.

Nachteile: It can be expensive if not planned correctly.

A fantastic backup solution

Bewertet am 8.1.2019
Doug L.
Co-founder, CTO and Director
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Great. It's a fantastic product and I would recommend it to anyone.

Vorteile: That it automates that backup process of EC2 servers with just the right number of options.
The price is affordable to small businesses like mine. Please keep it that way!

Nachteile: Nothing. I can't faulty it. Please keep up the good work!

von Eleven41 Software an 10.1.2019

Thanks Doug for your review and all your recommendations. -Matt

Very, very happy with Skeddly, the only AWS scheduler I use!

Bewertet am 7.8.2017
Kevin M.
Senior Consultant/Founder
Computer-Vernetzung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Piece of mind and reliability.

Vorteile: Easy to use and it's been 100% reliable. The setup is straightforward and the managed instance option is very helpful.

Nachteile: Really nothing. But this review wants 100 characters so I have to keep typing and say I like Skeddly!

von Eleven41 Software an 7.8.2017

Thanks Kevin for the great review! We're thrilled that Skeddly is working well for you and that you've found it to be reliable. -Matt

Rely on this product across multiple accounts

Bewertet am 14.7.2017
Michael B.
CTO

Vorteile: Ease of use for non-technical users. It can all be done with scripts outside of skedly but why pay developers for the simple stuff when you can use Skeddly

Nachteile: Would be nice to daisy chain actions together in order to allow more complicated / advanced workflows.

von Eleven41 Software an 14.7.2017

Thank you Michael for your review. I'm very happy you find Skeddly easy-to-use. -Matt

Product meets and exceeds expectations

Bewertet am 24.10.2017
David H.
Co-Founder

Kommentare: Only reason I give it a 9 is because I rarely recommend products - this, however, is one I would definitely consider.

Vorteile: I know this product is going to work every time. Based on positive and negative filters, I am assured that I can capture every snapshot that I need within an instance while knowing that if a failure were to occur, I would get immediate notification - and once the problem is resolved, Skeddly keeps on going. Have not been at all displeased with the performance and the cost up to this point has been fair and reasonable. Very pleased

von Eleven41 Software an 25.10.2017

Thank you David for your review. We will accept your "9" with pleasure. -Matt

Skeddly Review

Bewertet am 27.6.2019
Nicholas M.
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy to use, good pricing, good support. Can't really ask for anything more!

Nachteile: none, this did exactly what I needed it to do.

von Eleven41 Software an 5.7.2019

Hi Nicholas, thank you very much for your review. I'm thrilled that your experience with Skeddly has been great! Let us know if there's anything else we can do to make things positive! -Matt

Easy set up using the tutorial

Bewertet am 18.9.2017
Thierry C.
Quality Manager
Medizinische Geräte, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Cheap, easy to set-up using the tutorial that are easy to find. Very efficient in obtaining the results.

Nachteile: lack of notification options such as having the possibility to dispatch the notifications to several email address and/or have separate email address per event.

von Eleven41 Software an 19.9.2017

Thank you Thierry for your review. While we currently do not support per-action notifications, we do support notifications to multiple email addresses. This is configurable in the account notifications section. -Matt

It saved me a lot of time.

Bewertet am 14.7.2017
Adam P.
IT Manager

Vorteile: It is a real time saver. Worth the low cost. I could do it all my self but it isn't worth the learning curve.

Nachteile: I would like if the error reporting would be better. If an error could be surfaced making it easier to debug my environment.

von Eleven41 Software an 17.7.2017

Thank you very much for the review Adam. I'm glad you are happy with the pricing and that you find the service valuable. Please reach out to us about the errors you're experiencing and how we may make their visibility better. -Matt

Skeddly is solid as a rock. Backups and deletions on time day after day.

Bewertet am 8.5.2017
Jeff T.
System Administrato

Vorteile: It works every day so you do not have to worry. Everything work. All the backups are done on time and all of the deletions are on time

von Eleven41 Software an 9.5.2017

Jeff, thank you very much for the review. I'm glad that you are happy with our service. -Matt