Über Dext Prepare

Receipt Bank ist eine papierlose Buchhaltungsplattform, die Wirtschaftsprüfer, Buchhalter und Unternehmen miteinander verbindet. Seit 2010

Erfahre mehr über Dext Prepare

Game changer for small businesses that still use the shoe box method. It is a very easy integration with Quickbooks online.

Bewertungen zu Dext Prepare

3,7
4,0
3,8

Dext Prepare hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 139 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Dext Prepare bereits verwendet?

Darcy

Nigel
Managing Director in UK
Unternehmensberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Buy it

Kommentare: Dext takes away a lot of pain in terms of administration and time, it also keeps my invoices & receipts digitally and gives me an overall view of my outgoings for any set period, excellent product

In short as a small business owner Dext saves me the most precious commodity it can, my time. It allows myself and my team to take a simple picture of a receipt or uplad an invoice and the data is extracted and pushed across to my Xero accounting system. Works very well indeed including multiple currencies

Like any OCR extraction it is not perfect but what I would like to see is better notifications of failures for duplication etc, I would like unsuccessful uploads to be easier to identify and resolve

Faruk
Accountant in Türkei
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Streamlining Accounting Processes: A Review of High-Cost Software for Improved Client and Accountant

Kommentare: Our overall experience has gone well with DEXT, the only downside it the price hike.

The process is the strongest aspect of Dext. The process is as followed, if DEXT is unable to retrieve all the data it marks it for review. Dext also has features like auto publishing, supplier rules and bank feed as well e-invoicing. With auto publishing you can have documents/invoices automatically published to Xero and ready for reconciliation. Supplier rules also help with have the invoices automatically allocated to the correct supplier. Dext can also connect directly to your supplier they are bringing on a lot of support which can be beneficial to a lot of practices to streamline and increased their performance. Have bank fetch can also help with company tax returns and not having to contact your client to get bank statements all the time as you will have access to this in Dext. Dext have 3 different products: Prepare Commerce and precision. We are currently using DEXT prepare.

The pricing is a big factor. Also, for the price DEXT should offer more, currently they have split their product into 3 categories, DEXT precision features should be a part of their prepare features. Recently they also increased their pricing significantly. Their only advantage is that there is no software at its calibre. I would say another factor is ensuring your client use Dext as some from the older generations can struggle.

Christie
Bookkeeper in Kanada
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Dext doesn’t tell the truth - won’t upgrade my lower level subscription. They expect me to pay twice

Kommentare: I wasn’t asking for anything more than what the average person would receive for their price. Why offer a terrible product that you don’t even advertise, that has almost the identical name to the next level product? I feel utterly duped.

I feel so disheartened by Dext & Google Play! They offered me a discount (without refunding my original purchase), yet they didn’t offer to only charge the difference between what I’d already paid and the next subscription level. WHY???

I mistakenly subscribed to Dext’s “Business Plan” through the Dext app. I couldn’t figure out why it didn’t function like it was supposed to. Once I figured out that it was called “Business” and not “Business Plus” I realized I must have subscribed to something different…I didn’t know they offered anything different from their website. I contacted Dext right away and told them I want to upgrade (or refund to upgrade on my own). They told me Google Play can refund this. I communicated with Google Play. They said, “We can’t do this, only the app developer can. I asked, “How do I communicate with the app developer?” They gave me the same email address that I previously used to communicate with Dext. I went back and forth many times (over the course of a month) communicating with Google Play and Dext; both telling me the other can help me. In the end, Dext offered to cancel my current subscription (but I wouldn’t get a refund) and then they’d give me 20% off a new subscription. Dext is EXPENSIVE and now I have to pay double, when I asked to be upgraded (or refunded) right after I bought it. WHO is lying to me? In the end, Dext simply closed the case on me instead of offering me the upgraded subscription for the price difference. UNBELIEVABLE! Dext told me that I hadn’t heard of this lower level subscription because they got rid of it as it wasn’t popular, but that Google Play kept it.

Elliott
Systems Manager in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Everything we need at the right price

Very easy to use. The interface is clear and user-friendly. The lack of mandatory expense reports is a big plus in my view. When we used Expensify we had various issues dealing with expense reports. They aren't really necessary for our process, so eliminating them saves time. Also, now an issue with one transaction won't hold up the rest of the report. The OCR is very accurate compared to our previous software (Expensify and Veryfi), and did seem to learn how to read different vendors' invoices when I had to make some corrections (e.g. pulling invoice date instead of order date). Customer support was responsive and had a great attitude. Pricing is transparent and inexpensive compared to some competitors. Works well for both employee expenses and general accounts payable.

OCR processing time is slower than we would like. Items can be processed manually when needed, however. Multiple approval flows would help manage expenses by department. Doesn't integrate correctly with our bank. This seems to be an issue with our bank and the third-party integration software, but still.

Daniel
Vice President in Kanada
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product for in-house or outsourced bookkeeping

Online and Mobile App are very easy to navigate and use. The training resources that are included are excellent. Dext saves my business a lot of time by setting up automatic rules for suppliers, bank accounts, etc. to directly integrate into our accounting system.

I don't have any negative comments for Dext Prepare.

Kaylee
Managing Director in Kanada
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Useful tool but under delivers

Kommentare: Customer service is lacking. It is hard to move away from a product though once it has been integrated. So we continue with it despite these major issues.

Easier for clients to use for scanning in their receipts and invoices rather than into QuickBooks directly as the third degree of separation allows for us to ensure they do not accidentally post anything to the books.

There are a lot of features we were promised that do not work at all. Including the invoice fetch. It is totally unusable for every single one of our clients, and customer service never seemed to care about the fact we are paying for a service they advertise yet cannot deliver.

Russell
Russell
CEO in USA

A useful - and usable - alternative to expensive

Kommentare: Overall this has been a good product for my accounting practice. I use it personally for my own firm and for many of my monthly bookkeeping clients as a method to capture receipts in the moment.

Designed for accountants and their clients, allows for easy collaboration and receipt capture. Does a much better job than QBO receipt capture and does not restrict the source email for forwarded emailed receipts, making it much more usable and efficient.

The refusal to allow us to use American formatted dates is a constant and significant irritant. It would be so simple to correct this that it is extremely annoying that they won't do it. Receipt matching to existing QBO transactions is inconsistent and only looks back 3 months so it is not ideal for clean up projects. Pricing structure isn't very flexible.

Pauline
Accounting supervisor in Kanada

Dext review

Kommentare: Above average, it is easy to use and does the job and makes the process efficient

It makes data entry very easy and efficient through machine learning, and that it syncs with accounting software

when you add someone in your accounting practice as a team member with basic access (which shows that they cannot publish to software) - turned out they still can. i wish they update that. Also - we weren;t able to utilize the auto-fetch function

Loraine
Admin in USA
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Dext Review

It assists in tying receipts for multiple employees to transactions.

Can be time consuming to review missing receipts.

Faheem
Manager in Kanada
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Dext software

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Invoicing can be easily transmitted to bookkeeping software so you don’t miss any transaction for tax purposes

Not ideal for those with less revenue or less transactions, however useful for those which have greater volume of transaction

Cody
Finance Director in USA
Biotechnologie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Highly useful management platform for multiple companies

Kommentare: Big process improvement! When I started, we had multiple individual accounts set up instead of a single account housing each client entity, so once we took that consolidation step, everything fell into place & the workflow started to churn without incident. Few to no issues with receiving documents from outside the org, the OCR is fairly capable, and the platform learns quickly & suggests supplier rules to set for item types with regular throughput.

It works exactly as advertised & is user-friendly enough that setup is simple & intuitive. There is a wide array of features on this platform, but everything is labeled & explained well, so while there is introductory training & ongoing self-support material, you often don't need it once you get going because the platform largely guides you toward whatever it is you want to do (which makes training new staff fairly easy).

The integrations can occasionally be a bit wonky--less so the accounting software integrations than vendors & bank accounts. I've had a few issues with bank accounts coming regularly decoupled, or with vendor accounts not connecting despite the credentials being validated. The lists for each integration option are also limited, so if you're using a smaller community bank or an industry-specific vendor, you may just be out of luck.

Joel
Data Analyst in Kenia
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Accounting Made Simple with Receipt Bank

Kommentare: The experience so far has been pleasant. Paperwork can be really daunting especially at the end of the month when you have to account for all the business transactions and present accounting and financial report on time. This software basically saves you the trouble by making things simpler and saving you a great deal of time.

All you have to do is take a photo of receipts and bills, make use of the drag and drop feature and get them into an accounting system for easy and quick reference. It saves you a good deal of time in accounting. With the OCR feature, you can easily get both the debit and credit card identified when receipts submitted show they have been used for payment. Moreover, you can find out the exact bank account for the debit/credit card used to ensure there's no error when making payment or tracking transactions. Receipt Bank simplifies bookkeeping in that you can be out and about and still be able to get things into the system without any constraint. This is actually possible thanks to the mobile app that lets you work as normal even when you are on the go. User-friendly and easy-to-navigate interface. The dashboard also simplifies bookkeeping and lets you gauge or track your customer's activity level from time to time. It captures accurate info. Just snap a photo and relax. The rest will be handled by the tool.

Data mining may exhibit a bit of issues sometimes. So it should definitely be checked.

Sean
Owner in Kanada
Kino & Film, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It’s been great so far, we will sign up when the trial ends!

Kommentare: Dext is a great software with many features we haven’t even touched on yet. I have already recommended it to others to help with their bookkeeping and general records.

This will be an incredible asset for us to keep on top of our bookkeeping. It’s very easy to use and review the bills that we input. I feel like this will make us very organized and ease the life of our bookkeeper and accountant as a result.

No issues to really speak of so far. I guess our one issue is that Dext uses an authentication service to link our bank account but it doesn’t seem to work for our specific bank (BMO).

Rhonda
Owner in Kanada

Dext Prepare is Essential

Kommentare: Dext Prepare has been great to work with and is easy for my clients to use.

Creates for a paperless bookkeeping practice. It is easy for my clients to learn and use, and keeps them out of the bookkeeping software.

Need a way for expense reports to be signed off on. I have clients who need to have expense reports authorized.

Denise
Director in Irland
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Security Breech with fraudulent invoices

Kommentare: No satisfaction, Receipt Bank do not care about fraud.

NONE - Receipt Bank allowed fraudulent fishing invoices to be included as verified invoices on my account.

ReceiptBank allowed fraudulent invoices to be sent to my inbox and refused to acknowledge this as a security breach. There solution was for our company to change our e-mails. The source of the invoice which appeared in my payment list was a fishing scam. ReceiptBank refused to make any security improvements on the platform. Avoid this platform at all costs as it is not secure and the company don't care.

Mark
Director in Australien

DEXT

Kommentare: Besides the extreme inconsistency with their pricing model, the products works and provides for time savings

Dext is a great software to eliminate the need for keystrokes to enter data into accounting software.

The system can often be a bit temperamental and extract the incorrect information from the source document.

Andrea
Director of Corporate Services in Australien
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

It keeps getting better

Kommentare: really happy with the time savings.

The company is really responsive to improving the product. Simplifies the Accounts Payable Process and saves a lot of time.

sometimes AI picks up the wrong supplier and you need to be alert to this especially for autopublish suppliers.

Angela
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Receipt Bank Review

Kommentare: VERY BAD, EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.
SALES TEAM SAID TECH SUPPORT WERE SUPERSTARS, THEY DON'T EXIST. YOU HAVE A WEB PAGE AND A CHAT ROOM. UGH SO FRUSTRATING!!!
SALES TEAM LEADS YOU TO BELIEVE YOU GET MORE THAN YOU REALLY ARE. USELESS IF YOU USE QUICK BOOKS DESKTOP.

the ocr technology is very good. i get my own free account

ZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT. SALES TEAM MISLEAD CAPABILITIES OF INTEGRATION TO QBD. EXCESSIVE SET UP TIME. NO ASSISTANCE TO HELP YOU GET YOUR CLIENTS SET UP AND RUNNING WITH THE APP.

Frances
Accountant in Kanada
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Essential in tracking staff expenses / billable expenses!

Its a single location to store invoices and track expenses outside of the accounting software.

Importing expenses into quick books often times creates a new vendor. I then need to go in QBO and move it to the vendor.

Jacky
Manager in Kanada
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Receipt Bank makes accounts payables a breeze

Expense reports allow for multiple line items and attachments to each saving time with reconciliation Approval tier for expense reports for compliance Matching invoices/receipts to Quickbooks softare when transaction located makes it easy

Does not download statements, e-transfer details, or cheque images from financial institution like Hubdocs

AM
Pakistan
Quelle: GetApp

Time Saving tool

I have been using Receipt bank from last 2+ years, its a great tool to save time & a lot of data entry. My client are also happy to save time & cost due to using Receipt Bank.

In some case its mixes currency sign and user need to review receipt and verify currency to avoid later issues.

Olivia
SRE in UK
Marktforschung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

convenient expenses

Kommentare: Simple to use and convenient, but could be fine-tuned to make it even easier.

This software has a mobile app which is incredibly useful as you can just take pictures of the receipt while you're out and about so don't have to worry about keeping them safe. the app itself is simple to use, though could be fine-tuned. The accountants at receipt-bank are switched on and will follow-up with any outstanding or incomplete expenses, and answer any question you may have about the status of a particular expense very quickly.

In the app there are some unnecessary fields that you don't have to fill in, but they are named the same as one which you do, which was confusing at first, but now I am used to it. Also the accountants ask how you paid e.g. personal card / cash, or a company card etc, but there is no option for this so you have to remember to write it in the notes section, which is not an issues, but something to bear in mind to avoid hassle further down the line. It is also worth noting that the expenses take a while to verify, so submit then and maybe check on it in a day or so rather than expecting it to accept it then and there.

Nikki
Accounts Manager in Australien
Tierarzt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

No more paper clogging the filing cabinet!!

Kommentare: Time and money saving

This software is so helpful in clearing all the receipts/invoices/statements from my desk. I either photograph with my phone or attach from email and then I can shred or delete. I've gone from spending hours filing to minutes uploading. Awesome program!!

Sometimes it takes awhile for the invoices to be processed but I don't find that a big concern as I have plenty of other work to get on with.

Courtney
Team Lead/Senior Staff Accountant in USA
Buchhaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Receipt Bank--Help Code Expenses

Kommentare: Overall pleasant experience. Using this platform helps eliminate a great deal of the back and forth questioning between our team and our clients' spending. Holds the client somewhat responsible for accurately capturing expense data. Somewhat works as a digital filing cabinet as paper receipt retention is not needed.

Ease of use and I'm able to manage from my mobile device on the go.

I don't believe it accommodates classes in case you have difference locations you're tracking in GL.

Marianne
Office Administrator in Kanada

Time-saver for processing expense claims in a business

It saves time by finding most of the information it needs and then lets you review it. Allows for people to submit receipt online, which is great for a business where most employees are spread out across Canada.

Some things are confusing when submitting receipts by email. For example, if you send an email without an attachment, then the email itself becomes the receipt, but when it has an attachment, the information someone might have written in the email itself does not show up anywhere, since only the attachment will show up as a receipt. This makes for some confusion for our users.