4.3/5

Über Kotobee Author

E-Book-Ersteller und -Editor, mit dem du E-Books mit interaktiven Inhalten erstellen und sie in über 10 Formate und in die Cloud exportieren lassen kannst.

Erfahre mehr über Kotobee Author

Stu M.
Tutor, Deputy Chairman
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 27.11.2019

"Seniornet Upper Hutt Inc takes on Kotobee Author, for technology e-book publishing"

Kommentare: We had a meeting, just two days before I found this gem in SharewareOnSale, free and it normally cost $159 (US dollars), about making videos - which may still happen, or this is the alternative and came to us at the right time.

Vorteile: Although it DOES have a lot that it CAN do, it takes you through, guides you around the more complex parts. Nice to get a fully "as if you paid for it" giveaway from SharewareOnSale the other day, we have been looking for something we can [a] make, even in the e-book format, EPUB-compatible of course, [b] hopefully sell (each downloaded copy of an e-book) to raise funds, on a per-download basis, [c] teaching people how to use software like Office 2019 from Microsoft and hopefully in a friendly interactive "ask questions" kind of way.

Nachteile: I have not had any prior experience with "composing" a book, including being a writer, LOL - titles and chapters etc, they are needed, but it can be a bit tricky with naming of each part.

• Bewertet am 27.11.2019
Mark anthony S.
Educational Technology Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 25.4.2017

"KotobeeRific"

Kommentare: As an educator, I always wanted to look for an educational software that is user friendly. When I learned about Kotobee by browsing in YouTube, it really caught my attention because the functionalities and features are essentially helpful not only with educators but for learners. I am from the Philippines and connectivity is a big issue. With Kotobee, I can create an e-book with multimedia function that doesn't require internet connectivity as it can run fluidly. I can also customize the my e-book as the manner I wanted it to be presented to my learners. Adding other multimedia materials is also very easy because of its familiarity features. That is why I highly recommend Kotobee for educators like me who wanted to recreate an outstanding classroom environment that can run interactivity even if without the presence of internet connectivity.

Vorteile: You can easily attach multimedia files
User-friendly
You have an option to choose between a reflowable format or a fix format
Customization ready
For me, Kotobee is the greatest among the great e-book creation tools

Nachteile: None

• Bewertet am 25.4.2017
Abdulwasiu B.
  • Bewertet am 16.4.2017

"A Must Have Authoring Software!"

Kommentare: Kotobee Author is no doubt my dreamed software. All of my authoring efforts now depends on this gorgeous baby. Whenever I am using this software, I always feel like having had access to Kotobee Author since 2011/2012. It is almost unbelievable that it is even free to create/export Webapps, Desktop apps, Kindle books, among others. This is not to even talk of some advanced functionalities that you may not be aware of until you start using this simple to use, excellent software. What is even most outstanding about the company owning this invaluable software is there excellent support. I asked every little things from them and guess what, I got wonderful support in short period of time, and many a time, instantly. You can't but continuously seeing success ahead of you as a serious author when you start using Kotobee Author. I always wonder the great number of successful authors, who knows what they are doing and using this software as it should be used, that will be produced in the near feature! I pray God for long life and numerous success for the company/people behind Kotobee Author so that they could be able to serve humanity for long.

von Kotobee an 27.4.2017

Thank you for sharing your experience, Abdulwasiu. And many thanks for the overwhelming wishes and prayers. We firmly believe in our product and that's why our support team is so dedicated!

• Bewertet am 16.4.2017
Alphonso H.
Scientist
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.5.2018

"Frustrating to say the least."

Kommentare: I am still struggling to produce my first book. None thus far.

Vorteile: Like the fact that you can publish for all forms of tablets and not just iPad, with all interactivity intact. iBooks Author also allows publishing for all forms of tablets, BUT they cleverly reserve the best interactivity for only iPad users.

Nachteile: Typing equations in Latex a pain in Kotobe Author. Apparently you have to download and install Katex. Why could this not already be in the installed version of Kotobe - like it is in Ibooks author. Customer Support have been at their game for so long, they cannot connect with customers who have basic problems. I find their responses assume so many levels of things that it makes it impossible to understand and implement the advice they give. Sometimes their responses cause even more problems than the original problem I posed. Maybe they should produce STEP by STEP YouTube videos on how to do things.

• Bewertet am 17.5.2018
Meiby P.
DOCENTE
  • Bewertet am 27.3.2018

" The best to create interactive books"

Kommentare: The best thing is that we can create interactive books without having to know about programming languages, thanks to its great intuitive interface. Its constant update is also one of its main features.

Vorteile: One of the best features is the ability to include test type questions and javascript elements to allow interactive books to be raised to another level. It also has a large number of export formats from pdf to scorm.

Nachteile: The only thing that I do not like, is that in its free version they removed the option to export with scorm to be able to try the virtual bao platform for learning books. But everything else is very complete to have the same application.

• Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Abdulraouf L.
researcher
Medizinische Praxis, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.7.2018

"easy to use"

Vorteile: friendly interface and easy to use. we wanted to create a multimedia ebook and it does support all the elements we needed..... not expensive compared to others we explored. when we used it the free trail allows you to export your book. customer support are helpful and tentative.

Nachteile: nothing really, customer support were able to work with us and take our suggestions into consideration.

• Bewertet am 14.7.2018
Matt D.
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.5.2017

"This is a fantastic, easy-to-use tool for producing ebooks and apps. "

Vorteile: Kotobee is always releasing new and highly useful functionality. Every time we see an update, it seems to include something great that we hadn't even thought of. So we regularly update our apps with new functionality, which keeps users coming back to our apps. The functionality and scope of Kotobee Author is great, but something else that sets this company apart is its dedication to its customers. I never feel like I'm waiting to get a response to an email, and if I experience a problem, the Kotobee team find a solution straight away. They really are second to none.

• Bewertet am 8.5.2017
Khaled A.
Assistant Professor
E-Learning, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.5.2017

"Great software for designing and publishing your book! it is a helpful tool for teaching & learning."

Kommentare: publishing my first book and teaching my students how to do so.

Vorteile: It is a user-friendly and easy to navigate interface. It has many helpful tools that author can use to enrich their product and multiple formats to publish the final version.

Nachteile: I found it a little bit annoying the frequent updates that I have to do almost every time I open the software.

• Bewertet am 17.5.2017
Peter S.
  • Bewertet am 5.5.2017

"Seamless and gorgeous product! BEST E-BOOK ON THE MARKET "

Vorteile: The authoring tool made publishing our e-books really simple. We love all of the "export" formats and user controls. With the addition of Google Analytics to track user activity Im 100% converted.

Nachteile: I don't love the color purple. Thats really the ONLY thing I can think of. The Kotobee team was incredibly helpful when we had questions.

• Bewertet am 5.5.2017
Mohamed E.
  • Bewertet am 18.4.2017

"Make your book in get-it-done environment"

Kommentare: I have used Kotobee in after requesting a trial. Firstly, I want to appreciate your efforts in designing it.
However, I have found the following points need to be improved:
1. the overall style of the software!
2. it sometime works slow!
3. I found it a bit hard and time-consuming to learn how to use it.
4.Google play doesn't support now giving new comers an account to upload books, so I think you need to develop an option to export the product into an app that acts as a book.
5. extend the free trial, please

von Kotobee an 27.4.2017

Thanks for your insights, Mohamed. We've released several new updates for our software, are you updated to the latest one?

If you're having trouble figuring out the ropes, you can always request a free live demo from the URL below. We provide demos in English and Arabic:

You can export ebooks in .apk format, this allows you to submit to Google Play.

Our free trial is valid for a life-time. Do you mean we should expand the options available in the trial?

Daniel T.
Instructional Designers
E-Learning, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.4.2017

"To make ebooks really interactive"

Kommentare: As an Instructional Designer, I needed a powerful tool to create ebook for my elearning courses. Kotobe integrates all the features of other authoring tools and adds unique features such as options to configure our own styles (css) add questions, 3d objects, and all embed other code, which allows you to generate a really interactive ebook that Motivates and stimulates learning. In addition, its different export options allow adapting the ebook to the format that the client or student needs, either online review or downloadable as EPUP. The software has everything you need to be one of the undisputed tools for Elearning developers.

Vorteile: Its intuitive design, since it can be used by someone with no experience, but it can also be customized as you wish if you know hml5 code and CSS. I also love their different types of formats for export and their preview.

Nachteile: I would like to have technical support in Spanish

von Kotobee an 27.4.2017

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Daniel. It's always a pleasure to hear back from our advanced users so we can learn how to further enhance our platform.

Edo M.
Business owner
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 26.7.2017

"Very useful EPUB editor and authoring tool, for small and medium tasks"

Kommentare: Fantastic tool for interactive catalogues and offers. Eye catching books for different devices are sometime a wining card.

Vorteile: Design is very practical, plain but no too much. Options are visible during work. Different layout modes adapt Your work to the best experience for reader. many options to make an excellent e-book with interactive content.

Nachteile: More available languages and skins would be nice. Customization options for user interface are nearly none. Learning curve can be, in beginning, slightly problematic.

• Bewertet am 26.7.2017
Younes B.
Full Time Translator
Verlagswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.2.2019

"The all-in one soultion for indie publisher "

Kommentare: It presents the long waited and ever dreamed all-in-one software for the self-published authors and indie publisher and small presses.
I consider myself a small local press and it helped me reduse the cost of production by whoping 80%.

Vorteile: The ability of the books that I make using this software to run across all devices and platforms. Its a very useful feature in this era of multimedia and omnichannel marketing.

Nachteile: Its DRM protection is easy to break &That is not helpful for the authors on the long run.

• Bewertet am 13.2.2019
Theresa K.
Writer, filmmaker, graphic designer
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 22.4.2017

"Great for publishing Arabic and English books "

Kommentare: I was able finally to publish my Arabic short stories book " surfing by a couch" I needed to include videos of the cities I visited in the stories and kotobee author was the solution for publishing the book in multimedia form.

Vorteile: It supports the Arabic language which opens new possibilities for the Arabic books.
It can export the book in many formats pdf, epub, mobile app, windows program ...etc
It supports including multimedia items.

Nachteile: The photos need to be more interactive than just shaking or zomming in or out. Maybe connect it with audio.
And yes sure audio need to be possible to embed in addition to videos and not just links to YouTube.
More interactive possibilities.

von Kotobee an 27.4.2017

Thanks for your valuable feedback, Theresa. We always love to hear your insights on how we can further enhance our software.

Just so you know, our latest update allows you to add embedded audio to images and other elements. We're also constantly working on growing our arsenal of interactive elements.

• Bewertet am 22.4.2017
Lielle A.
Global Director Of Public Affairs
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.4.2017

"Easy to Use with Great Results"

Kommentare: Kotobee author was very reasonably priced, and easy to use. It provided for many options and gave me exactly what I needed.

Vorteile: easy to use

Nachteile: some of the export options were difficult to figure out

von Kotobee an 27.4.2017

Thanks for your insights, Lielle. We hope you continue to find Kotobee Author exceeding your expectations.

If you're having trouble figuring anything out, we provide free support to all our users through our support blog or by providing a free live demo.

You can find our support blog here: https://support.kotobee.com
You can book a free live demo here:

Maddi F.
Instructional Designer and Multimedia Specialist
  • Bewertet am 18.2.2018

"Wonderful!! Kotobee has some wonderful products to help you create and share some awesome eBooks!!"

Vorteile: There's so many options and different things you can do within Korobee's platform. I think one of the best things about Kotobee is it's customer service. It's superb. Any problem or question that I have, and ask, they get back to me very quickly!! They really work with you to make sure everything is working perfect for you. It's amacing!

Nachteile: I sometimes wish that there was some more design tools within Kotobee. I often have to do some of my design stuff in a different program and bring it in.

• Bewertet am 18.2.2018
Christo K.
Training & Develooment Consultant
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.4.2017

"Great tool."

Kommentare: The software has helped me to develop very easy to use interactive training material for my students.

Vorteile: Ease of use and the flexibility

Nachteile: None

• Bewertet am 24.4.2017
Abdulraouf L.
MD
Medizinische Praxis, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.7.2017

"Satisfactory"

Kommentare: Making electronic book that works on windows and mac

Vorteile: Easy to use, has most of desired features, and inexpensive. Also, the customer service is awesome, I usually get a response within less than 24 hours

Nachteile: Lacks some advanced features such as 2 pages layout and it does not have unlimited wrapping capabilities and frequent crashes, I had to remake my book many times because I get a message " you file is corrupted"

• Bewertet am 18.7.2017
Jeferson R.
  • Bewertet am 18.4.2017

"Kotobee siri marketing's review"

Kommentare: I have a great experience with kotobee author. It is easy, practical and realloy nice to work with it. It made very easy to format the ebook and helped us a lot in release our eBook.

Maibe P.
teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.4.2017

"Excellent didactic strategy"

Kommentare: This tool has allowed me to elaborate a new didactic strategy in which my students manage to read academic material from their cell phones in the classroom, thus allowing the use of paper and also making use of new tools that are made to young people Much more attractive, in this case the program allowed me to elaborate an interactive scientific guide that was stored on their cell phones. Most importantly, within the interactive guide I include activities such as questions, videos and 3D objects to better study science topics.

Nachteile: The only disadvantage is that the free version does not allow me to export the ebooks in scorm format to test it in my virtual classroom.

• Bewertet am 28.4.2017
Leann M.
Author
Verlagswesen, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 14.9.2019

"Kotobee Author Review"

Kommentare: Start a free trial today and you'll be hooked and Ebooked. Kotobee Author provides one of the simplest start to finish for creating an formatted, engaging, and branded Ebook.

Vorteile: Format choices. Personal branding capability. Interactive content allows me to engage my readers with video, audio and more.

Nachteile: Kotobee Author was a very positive experience for me. Ebook authors will take delight in Kotobee's ease of use.

• Bewertet am 14.9.2019
DBA, SQL developer, IT Project Management
  • Bewertet am 28.5.2018

"As advertised this can convert a PDF into a usable epub."

Vorteile: Software seems to have potential as a pro solution once they work out the bugs. The library and self publishing features are very positive and should be helpful in some cases.

Nachteile: For my use case (convert a PDF into clean, editable ebook) it didn't work at all. The epub it produced was filled with stray characters and formatting that made it unreadable. It had over 3,000 errors so the converted file was too screwed up to fix and not able to be used to publish.

• Bewertet am 28.5.2018