Bonterra Giving Days Erfahrungen

Über Bonterra Giving Days

GiveGab ist eine führende digitale Spendenlösung für spezifische Spendentage und ganzjährige Spendenaktionen. Mit GiveGab machen Spendenaktionen Spaß.

Erfahre mehr über Bonterra Giving Days

Very easy to configure; seamless integration of donation functionality. Blog function is easy to manage, upload photos.

A few things were inflexible, so we couldn't customize them. It was difficult to automate some things (specific donor challenges).

Bewertungen zu Bonterra Giving Days

Bonterra Giving Days hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 454 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Bonterra Giving Days bereits verwendet?

Susan
Susan
Investor Relations Manager in USA
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use. Amazing Customer Support

Kommentare: Amazing customer service. Wonderful training tools, trainings and resources. Painless setup. Intuitive design. Simple reporting. Go Team GiveGab!

I work with a small and very busy staff so the idea of burdening anyone with a new Giving Day was not ideal. GiveGab was like adding a team of new members to our staff who have years of Giving Day experience. Creating the site was painless. The trainings and materials were great. And my love for the chat bubble people was real - They were always quick to respond and very helpful. The platform looks great and was easy to navigate. Very intuitive design. Even my mom was able to donate to multiple NPOs on our Giving Day without my help.

Some of the nonprofits went rogue and explored GiveGab more than they were ready to. The confusion with donating to their nonprofit site and their campaign site was real and frustrating. But a small price to pay for great customer service!

Dustyn
Director of Affinity Giving and Communications in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Longwood loves GiveGab!

Kommentare: It has been an absolute treasure to work with GiveGab to make our day of giving more successful. GiveGab's team truly cares about us as a unique, specific school and they don't utilize cookie cutter models or try to pass us off. They handle our account with great detail and they seek to build lasting relationships. GiveGab is easily the best partner I have ever worked with.

It would be easier to tell you what I don't like because GiveGab is just that great! From the full suite website with user-friendly capabilities and a sleek, beautiful design, to the volunteer ambassador functionality and the one-on-one support we get from our partners at GG, we love everything about it!

The only area for improvement we saw after our first year was the offline upload functionality. It is a bit too complex, although it has some great aspects. We provided this feedback to our partners are GiveGab, and they listened intently!

Jackie
Senior Director of Grantmaking and Nonprofit Support in USA
Philanthropie, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

15 years of experience with giving days

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Honestly the stress over the lack of ability to manage Stripe the week before the main event soured the whole experience. That, coupled with the way customer service responds is making me question if there are other providers that can work.

Features and functions - P2P, matches/challenges. Interface with the philanthropy hub for year-round capacity as well. this makes my users more comfortable in the platform. Confetti!!!! Leaderboard sorting by org, donors or dollars is great. My PM is great ([sensitive content hidden]).

Stripe - as mentioned took out a lot of orgs just before and during giving event. Can there be a moratorium on active giving days? Customer service - needs to bump up when giving day is active, not just on the main days. I had lots of people who could not get help while our giving was open. And customer service - even my PM - seems to approach each call from the standpoint that the caller did something wrong. I'm sure that's usually the case, but not always. My nonprofits really felt this way. They and the donors don't understand Bonterra terminology, they're only in this a couple of months or times a year. There needs to be an attitude change.

letzte Woche

Hi Jackie, thank you for your valuable feedback from your 15 years of giving day experience. We're glad our P2P features, philanthropy hub, and leaderboard have improved your experience. Your insights on areas like Stripe integration and customer service during peak times are invaluable as we work to enhance the platform and will be shared with our product and support teams. We're dedicated to making Bonterra Giving Days more reliable and user-friendly for our nonprofit partners.

Tricia
Senior Development Officer in USA

Giving day review

3,0 vor 4 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: The product is good and the collaboration with with GiveGab/Bonterra team is really important to the success of our giving day. Unfortunately, the lack of customer service negatively impacted our experience this year.

It's great to have a tech support team in place to handle those pieces. The platform features enhance our giving day (such as prize capabilities, matches, peer to peer, etc).

This year, we experienced delayed response times from our project management team. As well, the attention to detail that we are accustomed to was severely lacking this year. We hope to have a more positive experience next year.

Anita
Director of Operations in USA

Give Gab is a good product that integrates well with Every Action

Kommentare: Overall experience was OK; found it very difficult to not have phone support and just chat or email. Makes it very difficult to get nuanced issues explained clearly and requires multiple follow ups to get issues addressed and questions answered.

I liked that there was a peer to peer model that integrates with EveryAction

That they do not offer any phone support; just chat or email.

vor 3 Monaten

Thank you for highlighting the advantages of our peer-to-peer model with our Development + Digital integration! We understand the importance of support and are continually looking for ways to make our service even more accessible and responsive to your needs. We truly appreciate your feedback!

Karalee
Director of Annual Giving in USA
Hochschulbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Thanks GiveGab Team

Kommentare: I've used this product for other two years in my current place of employment, expanding the work we've done with them to multiple giving days, but I also sought out their partnership during my transition into this institution. Having previously had a really good experience with their product at another institution, I knew they were the right company to partner with again. That decision was broadly supported throughout my division as well given their great reputation and wonderful customer service. Nice work, GiveGab team.

The GiveGab giving day platform is so easy to use and they are constantly improving it (with no interruption of service). The team who assists you is really invested in your success so you aren't simply buying a product but instead investing in an extension of your team. They have run so many giving days that my confidence in their partnership was extremely high and they can offer recommendations based on the successes they've seen but are also open to hearing new ideas and trying to help you implement them. The product itself is fairly flexible (more flexible if you pay for more customization), the reporting is easy and efficient, and they were able to make the adjustments that I needed to cater to my particular organizations needs. I love the countdown clock, the leaderboards, the individual giving profiles, truncated giving process and customizable survey questions.

There isn't a direct integration for our data through an API so we do a manual download of this information post our giving challenges. While this isn't ideal, it works fine for time bound giving challenges. If we were to use this product on an ongoing basis, I would look to improve this functionality. Another con is some of the design limitations. Because the site is mobile responsive (yay!), some images look better on desktop than mobile and visa versa. It would be great if different options could be selected for different usage. Overall, the pros far outweigh the cons with this company.

Avaleen
Avaleen
Senior Director of Loyalty Giving in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Dependable software and customer support

It’s dependable, software does what it was promised to do, in the two years we have worked with GiveGab our Giving Day events have gone smoothly. Whenever we had questions or hit a snag their support staff were responsive and effective.

Ability to customize quickly. New features are not easily added.

Kelly
Director of Special Events in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Giving Day

4,0 vor 4 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: Our Project Manager is great, she is very quick to respond and has been very easy to work with. She has also worked very hard to figure out ways to make our site the way we want it to look.

I like that I have more access and control to make changes to our site.

I wish it was more customizable, there are changes or ways I would like our page to look and we can't do it. It makes a lot of the pages look similar.

Colby
Development Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Love Bonterra!

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

We use Bonterra as a platform every year for a statewide nonprofit donation day. Easy to use platform with great features and has great customer service!

I don't have anything negative to say about Bonterra!

Ashley
Senior Director in USA

Returning Client

5,0 letzte Woche Neu

Our organizations are familiar with the platform.

Issues with matching funds setup and clarity on matching funds accuracy

vor 6 Tagen

Thank you, Ashley, for standing with us as we strive to make a meaningful difference in the world!

We began using GiveGab as the chosen platform for our giving day. We have kept it because it works!

--Very easy to set up both as a nonprofit and as a fundraiser --They really walk individuals through setting up a P2P campaign. --The site is visually appealing and engaging, easy to navigate for fundraisers and donors, reasonably customizable --The P2P platform has functionality from both sides of the table--for example, the ability to create a team as a fundraiser or as a nonprofit --Funds deposited within a day or two. This is huge for us. --Incredible customer support. Always gets back quickly, always has a great attitude, always researches the problem and solves it, engages in conversation & demonstrates that the customer (i.e. us) has value to offer. They're so kind and friendly and competent even when we are freaked out and frustrated that we don't stay that way for long. They take our input seriously and often address any overall issues that we have within a reasonable amount of time. Love the chat featuer and that they are also responsive via email. This is where GiveGab shines! --The data you can download about donors is pretty complete and useful --There is a lot of supporting information available on the site itself. Some of it is pretty basic for us but if we were just getting started it would be very helpful. Online fundraising is overwhelming and GiveGab makes it understandable and easy to start.

--We don't use the volunteer management function so all the community functions are kind of lost on us and seem to get in the way sometimes. I wish we could just turn them off, like a separate module. --We demo'd the CRM function and found it way underpowered for the price, which was as high as some much more flexible and full-service platforms. --I wish the banner for campaigns and our home page was more customizable. We have a lot of appealing photos and it is hard to get any of them to work in that format because of where the text is and how it's formatted. Minor complaint but always frustrating. --I wish we could change the font color. We have a lot of older donors and users and the teal/turquoise font is really hard to read, especially in the dashboard, i.e. the donor list. The gray is not much better. I would rather have default black font anywhere where there's text with a choice of a few colors for display or headline text.

Nancy
Assistant to the Director in USA
Museen & Institutionen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Sometime tricky to find what you are looking but otherwise pleased with service

Kommentare: Overall, our experience has been positive with GiveGab once we have our profile set up for the Extraordinary Give event. It is easy to track donations and donors, but there is a lot of information on the site that we do not use due to our organization's size. Given their quick resolution of the issues incurred during the 2019 event, we hope that we will use GiveGab again in 2020.

Our organization used GiveGab for the Extraordinary Give, a one-day giving day in Lancaster County, PA. This year, the GiveGab platform offered the chance to copy over the past year's information under the Manage Organization tab. This option helped with completing our organization's profile for this event. It is relatively easy to update information on the site, but sometimes finding where that information is can be tricky. When I did have a question about our profile, the customer service team member did respond quickly.

The GiveGab platform had issues last year due to volume of traffic during the Extraordinary Give. They worked with the event organizers and helped resolve issues, but those issues happened during peak traffic hours. Also, even though we were able to copy the previous year's profile information, while I thought it had been copied, I realized a week before the event that it had not. The site was a bit confusing to find exactly where you needed to go for information. However, their customer service did respond fairly quickly so that I was able to resolve the issue and copy our information. We found that there are a lot of options that our organization does not use, especially pertaining to giving supporters and surveys, but larger organizations may find those options helpful.

Joey
Artistic Director in USA

We started using GiveGab to replace PayPal as a way to receive donations. It is better in every way.

For donations, the platform makes the process drop-dead simple for us to set up and manage. Simple donations are much easier, smoother, and prettier on GG. The ability to create fundraising campaigns has been game-changing for us. They're easy to do, look great, and people feel comfortable and secure when they contribute to them on the platform. We only just took the plunge with the CRM functionality, and we're already wondering why we didn't do it sooner. We also love the responsiveness of the support team fast, friendly, patient, knowledgeable, flexible, and creative in their responses every time.

There are some aspects of the CRM workflow that I wish were set up a little differently, however, I have given feedback on these specific pieces, and the support folks have put in requests to the tech team to look into adding or modifying that functionality based on my feedback. I appreciate that.

Vice President in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Extremely frustrating

Someone was available to answer questions. This is typical of GiveGab. All I have to say is in that first sentence, so why demand more?

GiveGab was responsive to my numerous questions, but that is the only good thing I have to say about it. GiveGab has a long way to go to provide a clear interface that operates accurately, that is organized in a user-friendly manner, that provides adequate directions to the user, and serves the needs of its clients. I wasted an enormous amount of time trying to create the giving page and the Administrative Dashboard and it still wasn't satisfactory in appearance or in the information it provided or in the way it functioned. One example: Two portions of it were recorded on "offline donations." When I asked why the rest was not credited, the support staff told me that the match ended before Valley Gives Day began because I had indicated that the match ended on May 1. Well, yes, but normally "ends May 1" means at midnight on that date! (see the nonsense below). She added the rest of the match manually. I expected that the match would be deducted from my credit card or I would be alerted to the fact that it had been met and I should make the contribution, but that never happened. In the end I had to send a check. This whole episode was a total waste of my time, not to mention the support staff Please do not contact me again!

Antwort von Bonterra

Hi John, We're incredibly sorry that this aspect of your Giving Day was unclear. The Match functionality on GiveGab updates in real time as your receive online donations. The Match depletes and your totals increase proportionately to the online donations received. We realize this can be confusing and wish we were able to provide you with the right information before the day. Thank you for your feedback around sending alerts when a Match occurs and for the ability to charge a credit card. This is a great suggestion and one we'll take into consideration for the future.

Kim
COO in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

the right tool for giving days

GIveGab, by far, has the most comprehensive suite of tools designed for giving days. Even though the applications for the software go beyond just giving days and can extend to every type of campaign to provide a turnkey online giving solution, as a Community Foundation, giving days have been our core use. What I like MOST about the software? It would have to be the people behind it. The customer support team, the dedication to perfection, user tutorials and webinars, and a development team that is not only accessible but willing to listen and incorporate end user ideas for improvement, all make for a top notch customer experience. Most significantly, GIveGab has allowed our team to be relieved of the burden of becoming a "helpline" for 4 months out of the year - directly affecting our bottom line and freeing us to work on our mission related projects!

When an administrator for a large giving day who also donates to organizations and is responsible for the administration of your own organization's campaign, the roles get a bit confusing. But, that may speak more to my (in)ability to handle all the hats.

Jennifer
Membership and Marketing Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

An efficient tool for giving campaigns

Kommentare: The giving day is a very important fundraising day for our organization - the biggest day of the year. If there were computer glitches we would be in big trouble. We're very pleased that even with 150+ organizations all using the platform intensely that one day, there have been no problems experienced. We are satisfied.

We are part of an annual giving day campaign in our city and Give Gab is the platform for donations during that day. The training provided by the GiveGab staff has been very good. There was just the right amount of "hand-holding" during the transitional year to this new platform, which helped us a lot. I like that they continue to provide enthusiastic support, updates on platform capabilities, and good ideas for building momentum for the giving day.

We have not had any problems using the software. Of course, there is a cost to utilizing this platform and we always wish that were less since we are small nonprofit, but we do consider this a good product for the money.

Shila
Executive Director in USA
Fundraising, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product!

Kommentare: We are doing our first-ever community giving day and GiveGab is helping us to live out that goal!

I love that this software is intuitive and clearly built by people who know and understand the nonprofit sector. It seems they thought of everything! The level of customer support is bar none and the friendliness of the staff has been so helpful as we launch our first ever giving day. The ease of registration, the clean interface, and overall experience has been incredible.

I have no negative feedback at this time. Everything has been great!

Lynne
Volunteer and Philanthropic Programs Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I love the everything about GiveGab

Kommentare: We have used GiveGab for multiple online campaigns . They offer a superb product with extraordinarily helpful, friendly and educated support staff. Creating a campaign is easy with their software. They have fresh, contemporary, and uncluttered design options with a few different color schemes so your campaigns don't always look alike. It is easy to present a cohesive campaign/event with their easy-to-fill text boxes and variety of drop down menus you can use for event registration. if needed. The reports are generated with a click of a button and are emailed right to you at work. I actually liked getting in the "back end" of the system to work. What lay person ever says that! Previously we had been working with a competitor to GiveGab. I was always stressed about their software not functioning well and their people being hours away and essentially strangers to our non-profit. When we left the competitor, it took them more than one year to reach out to us to ask why. I simply told them that the GiveGab product was superior, the technical support staff a dream, and the fact that they GiveGab is a national company with a hard-working, local vibe sealed the deal. You will not be disappointed if you choose GiveGab.

ease of use

We have a complicated event registration with fundraising goals and registration fees. We needed the registration fees to not be counted towards the registrant's goal. It was hard to sort it all out but finally we did to some fashion.

Diane
Director of Grant Development in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Multi program fundraisiung

Kommentare: As part of a statewide fundraising day, Give Gab provided a very good platform. For complex organizations like mine it was not ideal to have all the fundraisers on one page but separating them wasn't practical either. Overall it was a good experience.

The ease of use in setting up pages was very good. I had over ten fundraising events going at one time. Data collected by system very helpful and usable. Customer service very helpful.

The most important element of the ask is in the info page about your story. I found that the editing and formatting capabilities of the 'story' section' was poor and often difficulty to understand what you could manipulate. Photos did not format well with text layout. Some of the formatting of uploaded logos or other placed items that were preset didn't work well with images. Eventually could scale and shrink to work.

Katie
Asst. Dir. of Development & Communication in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great experience two years in a row!

Kommentare: GiveGab has been fantastic! They built a beautiful site with running stats that kept us and our constituents informed throughout our Day of Giving. They have made our reporting far easier for that day. Their customer service is second to none - available, kind, helpful, entrepreneurial!

GiveGab took our Day of Giving to the next level with running stats on the homepage that enabled givers to see the progress throughout the day. We loved it as staff implementing the day, and our constituents loved the look of the site and the ease with which they could check in on stats.

Our biggest complaint has been the fee structure associated with using GiveGab. Our donors have not been connected in the past to credit card fees that come with giving a gift online, so seeing the fee was a surprise in that way and then additionally because the fee is higher through GiveGab. That's not really a software issue, though - just the price of doing business!

Scott
CEO in USA

GiveGab Rocks!

that it is easy for our nonprofits to utilize as well as give a great donor experience. we survey our donors each year during the event and they tell us it's easy to donate to multiple nonprofits and discover new ones from the nonprofit pages.

I can't think of one feature that I dislike about the software/platform! It is robust, dynamic, clean and easy for donors to navigate as well as for the admins of the participating nonprofits (and those of us organizers as well!).

Sarah
Development associate in USA
Philanthropie, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, but not without flaws

I do a lot of donor gift entry and being able to download reports and manipulate them with ease.

It's been difficult to switch our donors to EFT donations (have lost many in the conversion). Also the bank statements do not display our organization's name consistently (will say GiveGab) which confuses our donors.

Meagan
Executive Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Don't run a Giving Day without GiveGab

Kommentare: I could not run our $3-million-plus giving day without them.

GiveGab is all-in-one what you need to run a giving day. I am a staff of one and consider GiveGab to be part of my team. It is easy to set up, my project manager is amazing and they take away a lot of the stress of technical issues and customer service on Give Day.

While there are some features I'm still hoping they add, the development team is very responsive to feedback and integrating user requests.

Have had very quick, helpful responses from customer support and I appreciate the ease of use.

It's easy to use. I appreciate the ability to quickly make a fundraising campaign that is fairly customizable and looks great. We've had great interactions with the GiveGab support team when we've run into issues or questions.

I wish it was a bit more flexible. For example, we'd love to use it for a separate donation page (e.g. become a member) that doesn't tie us to a end date or goal as a campaign page does. Would also like more options for embedding donation forms on our own website, so we could for example include a general donation and a "become a sustaining member" donation form on one page.

Elizabeth
President & CEO in USA
Philanthropie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

CFOS Review

Kommentare: Our experience has been very positive. Their customer support team is always there to help, and is open to suggestions for improving the software which makes us feel valued.

CFOS likes the flexibility of the software which allows us to use it for a variety of purposes for our diverse mix of component funds. It is also helpful that each administrator can log in and make changes without our help.

We are very happy with this software and do not have anything to share here.