Über Mailgun

Transaktionaler Email-API-Service für Entwickler. Leistungsstarke APIs, die es Dir ermöglicht, mühelos Emails zu senden, zu erhalten und zu verfolgen.

Erfahre mehr über Mailgun

Ease of use for servicing our mail servers. Easy to spot and workout problems from clients not getting emails from our system.

Customer service is slow and useless. More expensive compare to others.

Bewertungen zu Mailgun

3,9
4,0

Mailgun hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 154 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Mailgun bereits verwendet?

Klaus
E-Commerce Manager in Deutschland
Lebensmittelproduktion, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Shared IP -> 10% der Mails werde als Spam abgewiesen

Die Einrichtung war super einfach und schnell erledgt.

Sofern man nicht seine eigene IP hat, werden die Mails sehr häufig als Spam abgewiesen. Die Shared-IPs sind werden von vielen missbraucht und sind daher in einigen Listen als Spam-IP aufgelistet.

Brandon
Brandon
Creative Strategist in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Incredible Deliverability, Clean Platform, Success with MailGun!

Kommentare: Super pleasant, great chat support, fast email support replies, always quick to help and communicate.

Clean UXI for navigating the system, simple set up, clear dashboard to find issues quickly and navigate around the site. Ability to clean database lists to minimize bounce. However, the BEST part is they are free up to 10,000 emails a month, which is a ton! So to give the full custom power of connecting your domain and sending out, that's a huge value. I will get over that limit and upgrade soon, but that is an incredible way to start a relationship. Almost a year of free service to use their system versus my server.

I actually have not found anything that I do not like. Many will complain about high bounce rates or going into spam. I find that issue arrises on multiple factors outside of mailgun control, such as the receiving server, and the mail habits of the person opening it, do they get a bunch of spammy mail already? And was the mail piece written in a poor nature, this increases spam folder direction, however, they do have dedicated IP service for those wanting to mitigate one area of cause for spam direction. Again, never been my experience.

Luke
Founder in Deutschland
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Great Software Gone Greedy

Kommentare: Outside of them changing their payment tier / plan system I haven't had any issue with Mailgun. I always found their customer service great and the product itself to be fantastic and does exactly what it's supposed to. I just really wish they brought back the routing feature to the free tier.

Great API, Super easy to integrate into various types of website / webapp setups. I previously used Mailgun for a variety of different integrations and never had any issues. Complete frictionless integration from beginning to end.

I dislike that the features we used to get for free are now hidden behind a paywall. Features such as routing emails I find to be rudimentary and were previously built into the free / pay as you go tier. Now it is locked behind the $35 dollar tier. This is a pain for small businesses that want to accept a few emails from a professional email with their own domain. Now to unlock that feature they must over commit to a tier with an allowance of 10k plus emails a month. This I feel has squeezed many small businesses out of using their service and it has definately moved me from recommending & using them in future as I would have previously for my smaller clients.

Clement
ceo in Frankreich
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Worst email product and support ever used (RUN AWAY)

sub-accounts management (before getting suspended for no reason)

Mailgun disables your account after 6 months working on integrating with it ; out of nowhere, for no reason. + they keep billing you every month (over 600$ at this stage) even though your subscription mentions that you're at 0$/month. When you're trying to reach out to the support, they close our tickets without even answering, ghosting. Absolutely WORST product ever used and support team faced, it's absolutely garbage. This goes without saying that Mailgun way of coding emails is terrible, their delivrability is one of the worst of the market. Do yourself a favor, go to sendgrid. Mailgun SUCKS.

Andreas
Founder/Owner in Deutschland

Great and reliable

Kommentare: We use Mailgun for a while now and we really like it.Currently we're using it as a standard for all our transactional mailings on new projects.Also, when we experienced difficulties and reached out to the support, we've been amazed about their qualified response that helped us not only solving the problem (mail deliverability) but also to improve the quality of our emails.

+ API mailing+ driver for laravel+ triggers / webhooks+ price/value+ easy setup and integration+ easy deployment on new domains+ fixed IP address if needed+ good support and best practise+ reliable

- logs can not be exported- bad UI for mobile admin access- sometime uses burnt-out IP addresses

Roger
Customer Service in USA
Informationsdienst, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Solid + Dependable; I recommend; long time user

Kommentare: Great team, knows their stuff, reliable service.

Very reliable service for a good price. We use for transactional emails for sales lead captures, dispatched via API. Solid and reliable.

No concerns, long time user. We probably have some ancient price, so I cannot comment on that.

Arkadiusz
Arkadiusz
IT Project Manager in Polen

High Deliverability

A clean interface is a plus, but functionality is still limited compared to Mandrill. However, the core functionality—transactional emails—works very well and seamlessly.

Very basic interface and limited options compare to competition.

Nujan
Nujan
Managing Director in Nepal
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best for transactional email and accurate email delivery.

Kommentare: Best for overall email solution, You won't regret paying.

We've been using mailgun since few years and it's one of our most used and essential software for out business. It seamlessly integrate with any system and provides fast and accurate email delivery solution. Since we've been using mailgun it's very rare that email sent from our system goes to spam folder. Also, with their dedicated IP option email delivery and white listing is even more easier.

Mailgun email tracking feature is not that accurate and also I personally found and reported bugs into the system UX.

Todor
Helpdesk agent in Bulgarien
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great e-mailing platform

Kommentare: It is helping our business with one of the core services we provide which is OTP verifications

SImple and user friendly interface. Cheaper than most competitors

You can not search the logs with the email content

Isabelle
business manager in Kanada
Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A reliable product because you DO NOT want to worry

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

The functionalities are simple and reliable, stable and exactly what you expect.

The price could be cheaper but I guess that is the usual customer complaint right?

Gabriel
Growth Lead in Chile
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great for transactional emails

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Their API is easy to use and reliable for transactional emails.

You can only schedule emails 3 days ahead of time.

Software Engineer in Simbabwe
Onlinemedien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Mailgun Review

Kommentare: All of our company's websites utilize Mailgun for email marketing purposes. We've even implemented Mailgun for our customers and strongly suggest it. Email delivery problems have been solved thanks to Mailgun. There is no need for us to use the e-mail server provided by [our hosting server]. Email delivery was a major problem for some of our customers who were hosted with well-known shared hosting providers like GoDaddy, Bluehost, etc. One of Mailgun's best features is that messages can be monitored in real-time, and if they fail to send for any reason, the specific cause is shown in the log.

Sending an email to someone takes no time at all, and you can even set up a queue for thousands of messages. If you need to contact a large group of people with one message, this is a great feature to have (e.g., newsletter subscribers, marketing emails to clients, etc.). With its help, your emails are more likely to reach their intended recipients and are less likely to end up in the spam or junk folders. The Mailgun reports and logs feature is excellent. If an email couldn't be delivered successfully, what are the exact reasons why? Sometimes, if we can determine the cause, we can work to fix the problem.

The WordPress plugin for Mailgun could use some work. It needs to have more options made available to users. Our email volume isn't particularly large, but we'd still like to have a dedicated IP address for our outgoing mail. A dedicated IP's high price tag is unjustifiable. fixing the problems that have arisen with sending emails to Hotmail or Outlook.com. Deliveries are made, but the junk/spam folder is where most emails end up.

Mohamed
Associate Payments in Jordanien
Bankwesen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Suitable for optimizing email marketing campaigns

Kommentare: Mailgun gave us fresh ideas for planning our email marketing campaigns and the effect of maximizing their reach. Their analysis helped us understand our target sample, which enabled us to coordinate campaigns better.

Mailgun's many features make email marketing easy to plan and implement. We can import contacts and create target group lists. Mailgun's custom templates allow you to design unique campaigns and save them as drafts. It's incredible how the real-time notifications and statistics show how actively customers engage in the campaign. My team and I love that future campaigns can use the same model. It's also good that you can hide and reorganize dashboard items.

I have no major technical problems. Mailgun improves email workflows for organizations large and small, the creators of Mailgun provide various videos and how-to materials that help develop our skills, and the support staff is always available.

Elliott
Elliott
Developer in UK
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great solution for mail sending from vps providers like AWS

Kommentare: We use mailgun for all of our email sending needs across multiple servers and products. We implement mailgun as the default mail sender for any new projects too.

Its api is very simple to use, most PHP frameworks come with mailgun integration out of the box - if they don't, mailgun supports standard smtp anyway. Great usage graphs and multiple regions to send from. Is makes it very easy to send emails from php applications which would normally be blacklisted if you use standard php mail from inside a VPS on e.g amazon/azure/vultr/digitalocean. Very generous free tier.

Their anti spam measures can sometimes not work - if your sending details have been compromised you can be hit with a pretty large bill before you realize someone has been sending hundreds of thousands of emails on your behalf.

Tyler
Senior Marketing Manager in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great SMTP for sending bulk or transactional email

Kommentare: We have achieved great eCPM mailing costs and gained access to higher volume mail to reach our subscribers

Mailgun allows for a lot of customization. Users use the service on the backend as the infrustructure to mail, while using their own service portal to send the mail and segment their subscriber base. Mail sending is fast, reliable, and they have dedicated and shared IPs for sending.

Since it is only to be used as the infrastructure to mail, companies will need the know-how of hooking up SMTP connections and have access to a developer and front-end software.

Computer-Software

One of the best SMTP/API mail integration solutions

Kommentare: 10,000 free emails a month, easy to use API, easy to integrate and send emails reliably.

Mailgun offers 10,000 free emails a month, which is much higher than a lot of the competing services in this category. The web interface is clean and provides you with the information you need right on the landing page. Integrates easy with many services and plugins exist for many platforms (eg Wordpress). API is well documented.

While the Free tier of 10,000 emails a month is class leading, when you begin entering the paid tiers there are much cheaper alternatives available. Email validation service is pricey for what it is.

Cuong
Cuong
Founder in Vietnam
Internet, Selbstständig

The best SMTP provider I love most

Kommentare: Mailgun worked for me seamlessly, no challenge and I'm happy to use it, even will buy their Pro Plan in the future.

I use Mailgun for my email marketing services and it works perfectly. Mailgun helped all my emails go straight to my prospectors' inbox instantly without any challenges. With 10.000 free emails/month is a super deal for small business. Besides, Mailgun is truly flexible for developers with Webhook Support, API support, SMTP user manager, Email Template Builder.

I hope Mailgun support Email Template Builder with Drag&Drop function that easier for me to create email templates for my workflow.

Warren
Web Developer in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Mailgun should be used on every website!

Kommentare: It is a very good system and plugin to use, highly recommend it to those looking for a good mail SMTP plugin.

I work with WordPress built sites and I recommend Mailgun to all clients. It is so easy to use and works flawlessly with your WordPress site set up and forms.

There can be times where certain Themes or Plugins do not work well with it and sometimes there are issues/bugs after an update is rolled out.

Brian
Brian
Partner in USA
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great service with easy integration.

Kommentare: First 10k emails through Mailgun are free, why not give it a try. Transactional outbound emails originating from Mailgun and are less likely to be blocked as spam.

Free options for small/startup businesses with reasonable prices for larger companies/projects. Mailing lists included. WordPress integration is quite simple with the Mailgun plugin. Once installed and configured, the WP plugin allows websites to send form email responses with relative ease. The mailing list feature is nice bonus. Management portal was updated recently and vastly improved the UI/UX experience.

Extended log access is only available in more expensive plans.

Yuri
Help Desk Manager in Bulgarien

A solid service

I like the way the dashboard is built, it's really easy to use. Easy to find e-mails.

I always struggle to find the function of whitelisting an e-mail, but I always get there eventually.

Joshua
Senior Web Developer in USA
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 51–200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

They Delete your account without warning

Sends emails, sometimes. Most of the time it took a while to get the emails sent. They have a free plan, but limited.

Free plan is no good Emails have delays all the time Shared IP has issues with spam all the time, good luck sending to yahoo or other big companies They will delete your account if they do not make money from you Customer Service is hard to contact, and when you do, it takes them 24 hours for each response

Fotios
Customer Support Team Lead in Griechenland
Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Mailgun is pretty good

Kommentare: Overall Mailgun is a great tool and I highly recommend it.

I like how it literally has every piece of information that you need to make an educated decision about potential client accounts and wether they are fraudulent or not.

It's kind of complicated to understand and get acquainted with at first.

Quinn
CTO in USA
Internet, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

BEWARE - no usable support until $350/mo tier

Kommentare: I never needed to send more than a few thousand emails so I stayed on mailgun's free tier. However, the IP mailgun assigned me became blacklisted (probably from another sender's abuse) and I became unable to send mail. Even after upgrading to the $79 a month plan (compare to SendGrid $15 a month) there was no immediate help - apparently that is $350 a month. I am 24 hours into not being able to send mail, and will definitely be switching to another service.

It usually sends mail. API is straightforward.

If mailgun gets an IP blacklisted - from other senders - you could end up in trouble. Since they do not answer tickets for 48 hours you might not be able to send mail for 48 hours . Big problem.

Goma
Instructor in Nepal
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A Reliable Email Service Provider for Businesses

One of the biggest pros of using Mailgun is its reliability. I have rarely experienced downtime, and the emails are always timely. It also offers an API that integrates seamlessly with different software applications. I can easily integrate Mailgun into my website, CRM, or marketing automation software to send transactional and marketing emails without any hassle.

One of the cons of using Mailgun is its pricing model. The service charges based on the number of emails sent, which can be costly for businesses that send a high volume of emails. Another suggestion for Mailgun is to provide more comprehensive documentation for users who are not familiar with API integrations.

Harpaul
Software Engineer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best SMTP API available

Mail-gun lets you handle all you send any number of email using a simple rest API, who intgration is available in almost the leading technologies.Let Developers to focus to business logic, as it handles email part itself.

Never found any con till day, but once we had an issue, one of e-mail address which was deactivated for a small span of time, it stopped working with mail gun. that might be some kind of bug may be.