Über Mailgun

Transaktionaler Email-API-Service für Entwickler. Leistungsstarke APIs, die es Dir ermöglicht, mühelos Emails zu senden, zu erhalten und zu verfolgen.

Erfahre mehr über Mailgun

Ease of use for servicing our mail servers. Easy to spot and workout problems from clients not getting emails from our system.

Customer service is slow and useless. More expensive compare to others.

Bewertungen zu Mailgun

3,9
4,0

Mailgun hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 114 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Mailgun bereits verwendet?

Klaus
E-Commerce Manager in Deutschland
Lebensmittelproduktion, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Shared IP -> 10% der Mails werde als Spam abgewiesen

Die Einrichtung war super einfach und schnell erledgt.

Sofern man nicht seine eigene IP hat, werden die Mails sehr häufig als Spam abgewiesen. Die Shared-IPs sind werden von vielen missbraucht und sind daher in einigen Listen als Spam-IP aufgelistet.

Lucas
Lucas
Creative Director in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Bare-bones but super reliable and easy to use.

Kommentare: I use several different email service providers, each for a different reason. I use Mailgun almost exclusively for inbound mail processing. The inbound processing also offers a preliminary spam filter so that at least most of the spam isn't sent further down my process chain. It's super easy to set up inbound routes using specific strings or wildcard matches that will accept mail and forward to multiple different recipients. These recipients can be either proper email addresses or webhook endpoints. I often use the address forwarders in combination with the SMTP outbound service to build a system where Gmail users can use their free gmail.com account to receive and send emails from their small business domain without having to sign up for and configure a proper G Suite account. I use the webhook forwarders in combination with Zapier and Integromat to receive any emails that need to be processed and automatically acted on. Mailgun normalizes all the different types of email and attachment encodings and packages the message data into an easy-to-parse JSON package that makes it super easy for me to grab what I need and reliably act on the normalized data.

Inbound mail processing with spam filter Free tier offers great sending limit SMTP and API integration for outbound messaging

This product doesn't offer any sort of backend mail building or sending functionality. It's only an engine for sending messages. This means you'll have to build your messages somewhere else and integrate them into your sending code.

Software Developer in Irland

Mailgun is the most developer friendly and cost-effective transactional email service/

Kommentare: Mailgun was one of the most developer-friendly transactional email service providers previously until they removed their free plan. However, the ease of implementation and support by different plugins and software make it a really good tool. DNS is easy to configure so we have no issue with deliverability. The dashboard is also great and offers good logs and graphs.

Great documentation, 10k emails on the free plan was great previously for the prepaid plan is okay. Good API and interface.

Downtimes and deliverability issues can be daunting.

Vendel
developer in Neuseeland

Good, but crap customer service

Kommentare: They suddenly and mistakely suspended one of my domain and took ages to get it back. They told me that their back-end service sometomes does it by mistake... not sure why it took them days and days to reply, and still not resolved after almost a week... (I was using a mid-range package, so not the the free tier.)

Easy to setup and use in WHM Clean and userful dashboard

Customer service is slow and useless More expensive compare to others

Brandon
Brandon
Creative Strategist in USA

Incredible Deliverability, Clean Platform, Success with MailGun!

Kommentare: Super pleasant, great chat support, fast email support replies, always quick to help and communicate.

Clean UXI for navigating the system, simple set up, clear dashboard to find issues quickly and navigate around the site. Ability to clean database lists to minimize bounce. However, the BEST part is they are free up to 10,000 emails a month, which is a ton! So to give the full custom power of connecting your domain and sending out, that's a huge value. I will get over that limit and upgrade soon, but that is an incredible way to start a relationship. Almost a year of free service to use their system versus my server.

I actually have not found anything that I do not like. Many will complain about high bounce rates or going into spam. I find that issue arrises on multiple factors outside of mailgun control, such as the receiving server, and the mail habits of the person opening it, do they get a bunch of spammy mail already? And was the mail piece written in a poor nature, this increases spam folder direction, however, they do have dedicated IP service for those wanting to mitigate one area of cause for spam direction. Again, never been my experience.

Luke
Founder in Deutschland
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Great Software Gone Greedy

Kommentare: Outside of them changing their payment tier / plan system I haven't had any issue with Mailgun. I always found their customer service great and the product itself to be fantastic and does exactly what it's supposed to. I just really wish they brought back the routing feature to the free tier.

Great API, Super easy to integrate into various types of website / webapp setups. I previously used Mailgun for a variety of different integrations and never had any issues. Complete frictionless integration from beginning to end.

I dislike that the features we used to get for free are now hidden behind a paywall. Features such as routing emails I find to be rudimentary and were previously built into the free / pay as you go tier. Now it is locked behind the $35 dollar tier. This is a pain for small businesses that want to accept a few emails from a professional email with their own domain. Now to unlock that feature they must over commit to a tier with an allowance of 10k plus emails a month. This I feel has squeezed many small businesses out of using their service and it has definately moved me from recommending & using them in future as I would have previously for my smaller clients.

Samuel
Samuel
Engineer in Dominikanische Republik
Telekommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Developer friendly transactional email service

Kommentare: We are solving transactional email needs for a startup I work as a CTO, does a great job there despite pricing not being flexible enough.

Mailgun is a service that was created by developers for developers. Their top-tier documentation and code is self-explanatory and should present no issues to integrate in just a few minutes. The service itself is reliable and has the latest bleeding edge features. Their customer support is very effective and can get issues solved promptly.

Mailgun's pricing has only gotten pricier and pricier with time. They are not even able to provide discounts that are not in their scheme and it is up to you to simply accept that when there are many competitors on this market. The service itself is very robust but this inconvenient made me think about other options after some above-base level features were needed.

marketing automation specialist in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Very user friendly and highly recommended

Kommentare: The process from the very start was very straightforward and allowed myself and fellow marketing and development team members to grasp the intricacies and entire tool set within the platform.

The ability to connect to our internal platform to send transactional email and monitor activity are features that really stand out and directly address our needs in terms of email deliverability, activity tracking and technical solutions.

The ability to migrate from the legacy to the newest version of the platform has not been the simplest process. While the workarounds have suited our needs just fine, it hasn't been the simplest process to migrate over from the legacy version.

Senior Software Engineer in USA

Reliable base for emailing in a product

We liked the simplicity and set it and forget it nature of the product. We never really ever had to go in and perform maintenance since when we first set up the service on our app a few years back.

We recently had an issue of emails not getting sent out that was due to a different service we had integrated with mailgun. Because of this issue, we had wondered if we were able to go back in the mailgun logs to see the old emails. Unfortunately, the logs only go back to about 2 months or so which meant we had just lost all the old data. It would have been nice if there was some option to perform automated backups of everything or automated exports after the 2 months period.

Product Manager in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Good software, but UI and delivery issues

Kommentare: We use Mailgun to send automated emails for people who are registering on our site and to reset passwords.

Mailgun is an easy platform to automate sending mail. It is really nice that you can set up alias emails so that you don't have to share a personal email on a platform, but you also don't have to set up a new email account. Mailgun did recently update the UI of the site, so it is more modern, but it could still be improved.

Some of the UI is still a little counter-intuitive. Unlike MailChimp, there is also not the easy interface to customize messages. We have a number of issues with the emails from Mailchimp going to spam and users struggling to find them.

Reporting & Analytics Manager in USA
Informationsdienst, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent mail log makes tracking mail activity simple

Kommentare: We run software that includes both manually sent as well as automated email. Inevitably, users will either not receive or claim that they did not receive an email. This quickly helps alleviate those issues and show proof of delivery with timestamp.

I don't have a ton to benchmark Mailgun against but it's made my job much easier when needing to track our outgoing email. At it's simplest, I can quickly search for failed email messages or confirm that email was sent and received along with the content of the email.

There may be a way to filter or create saved filters that I'm not aware of, but I've been restricted to searching either by an email address or by an event type (ie Accepted, Delivered, Rejected, etc.) I do sometimes have to search for a bit to find what I'm looking for.

Ricardo
manager in Portugal
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Solid mail solution with good dashboard and exellent customer support

Kommentare: I needed a free solution to send transactional emails on wordpress. And Mailgun came as one of the favourites and also they had a good free plan. Moreover, it has integration with a mail plugin that I was using. So it seemed a good idea to try it. I'm using it for almost 2 years and it was easy to setup and it's working great since then without any need to fix or change anything.

You can try Mailgun and really use it on your site for free Great customer support that will treat you well even if you're using free plan and don't know nothing about emails. Being one of the most popular company, there is lots of information around the web on how-to-dos. Easy integration with wordpress plugins.

If you don't have a dedicated IP, your reputation will be influenced by other users. So if someone is using Mailgun abusively and is using the same IP to send emails you may get some problems.

Cristian
Cristian
Software Developer in Kolumbien
Telekommunikation, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Simplify your email sending

Kommentare: We use mailgun for all of our transactional email. We manage, from a single account, a lot of our domains. We always have detailed insight into what is happening with our email deliveries. When things go wrong, there is enough information to find the cause.

Ease of setup. Transparent pricing. Free tier goes up until a really high scale. Can use it via API or smtp, whatever you need.

Support is a little slow for non paying plans, but that is expected. There are no alarms in place for when something starts going wrong unexpectedly.

Lead developer in Finnland

Fast, Reliable and Affordable Email Provider

Kommentare: We use Mailgun for almost 80% of our email system, we stopped providing email directly from our servers due to DDOS and mailgun really helped us out!

The best would be their free tier, they recently changed their free tier but you still get free 1k+ emails per month. This is thier "pay as you use" tier. Very usefull if you're still new as you get all the features of a paid service. Very cheap even when you exceed the free emails.

I wish they have a lower tiered plan like $5 or $10 a month for low traffic sites. As a developer not all sites needs 10k emails a month.

Chetan
Chetan
Director in Indien
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best In Class Email Software

Kommentare: It was a nice experience with the Mailgun so far.

Mailgun is the one of the best email software, from validation to deliverability, parsing to SMTP, and much more. It's the great tool with all in one email solution.

I believe it's the complete solutions and having all sorts of features and functionalities.

IT Specialist in USA

Mailgun is great, the

Kommentare: They used to have a free tier (up to 10k emails a month) which provided a sample of all the features included in mailgun (like sending, receiving, authenticating, api etc.) now they got rid of that plan (even for customers who were "grandfathered in").
The new free plan isn't really free and they stripped out all the extra services.
It's tough that the entry price for any features is $35/month.

- It is extremely easy to get setup using Mailgun (they make it very simple for the user). - They offer a lot of really useful features and well documented, powerful API.

The opening price is pretty high for an account with any sort of features, which makes it tough to justify using their service for a small project. - The interface runs a bit slow and buggy at times (like viewing logs).

Daniel
Daniel
Full Stack Web Dev in Argentinien
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Setup and use anywhere any how even API or SMTP

Kommentare: We use mailgun as transactional email services, their free tier fit with our basic usage.

API is very easy to integrated, SMTP alternative is a quick start to use in software that require SMTP protocol to send email.

Current dashboard is kind of complicated, sometime I could not find a setting or where I could set a adjustment.

Jon
Systems Engineer in USA
Automotive, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Mailgun provides reliable email delivery and tracking software

Kommentare: We use Mailgun to send emails from multiple domains through our ERP system. Mailgun as given us noticeable improvement to our email metrics and tracking. I would recommend Mailgun to others.

Our ERP system added integration with Mailgun several years ago and our ability to track and verify emails had been delivered significantly increased. We noticed an immediate increase in our email delivered confirmations. This is significant for us as we send our monthly account billing statements through email. If our emails aren't delivered, we don't get paid. Mailgun also provided much superior email tracking so we can identify which emails weren't delivered and find another way to get in contact with our customer.

Our biggest limitation with Mailgun is with our ERP system and how they only chose to provided limited support to the many features Mailgun offers.

Elliott
Elliott
Developer in UK

Great solution for mail sending from vps providers like AWS

Kommentare: We use mailgun for all of our email sending needs across multiple servers and products. We implement mailgun as the default mail sender for any new projects too.

Its api is very simple to use, most PHP frameworks come with mailgun integration out of the box - if they don't, mailgun supports standard smtp anyway. Great usage graphs and multiple regions to send from. Is makes it very easy to send emails from php applications which would normally be blacklisted if you use standard php mail from inside a VPS on e.g amazon/azure/vultr/digitalocean. Very generous free tier.

Their anti spam measures can sometimes not work - if your sending details have been compromised you can be hit with a pretty large bill before you realize someone has been sending hundreds of thousands of emails on your behalf.

Adrian
Founder in USA
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Mailgun is awesome

Easy to deploy, they even have an iOS SDK. I use it to deliver automated emails for my app (welcome emails, password reset, announcements, etc).

There are currently no cons for me with this software.

Aaron
Aaron
Internet

Almost a necessity with server configs and email filters!

Kommentare: Mailgun ensures that emails sent from your site make it the destination email inbox and not the spam folder. Easy to use, free for the first 10,000 and has mail logs. All around, a great product!

Mailgun ensures that emails from your website actually make it to their destination. With their free tier covering the first 10,000 emails, it's a free solution to a prominent issue: emails getting stuck in email filters or not making it at all. Mailgun is easy to sign up for and easy to integrate into your site, especially if you are using WordPress. Absolutely love the mail logs too - that's come in quite handy on many an occasion.

As a web developer, I understand the need and value of Mailgun. It can be difficult for new users to understand this though.

Clement
ceo in Frankreich

Worst email product and support ever used (RUN AWAY)

1,0 letzte Woche Neu

sub-accounts management (before getting suspended for no reason)

Mailgun disables your account after 6 months working on integrating with it ; out of nowhere, for no reason. + they keep billing you every month (over 600$ at this stage) even though your subscription mentions that you're at 0$/month. When you're trying to reach out to the support, they close our tickets without even answering, ghosting. Absolutely WORST product ever used and support team faced, it's absolutely garbage. This goes without saying that Mailgun way of coding emails is terrible, their delivrability is one of the worst of the market. Do yourself a favor, go to sendgrid. Mailgun SUCKS.

Tyler
Senior Marketing Manager in USA

Great SMTP for sending bulk or transactional email

Kommentare: We have achieved great eCPM mailing costs and gained access to higher volume mail to reach our subscribers

Mailgun allows for a lot of customization. Users use the service on the backend as the infrustructure to mail, while using their own service portal to send the mail and segment their subscriber base. Mail sending is fast, reliable, and they have dedicated and shared IPs for sending.

Since it is only to be used as the infrastructure to mail, companies will need the know-how of hooking up SMTP connections and have access to a developer and front-end software.

Bruce
Bruce
Senior Operations Officer in Italien
Forschung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Rock solid delivery

Kommentare: Haven't had a complaint yet.

Configuring email is like conjuring drunk dragons with black magic: most of the time it only works so-so and any tiny mistake gets you burned. Mailgun has very good documentation on setting up your domain and configuring things so that your reputation is great and does not suffer. The REST API makes dealing with events a pleasure and the dashboard gives you great insight into where your mails are going to or coming from and why your audience is behaving the way it is.

There's not much not to like. The price is great (mostly free) and the documentation and reliability are 100%.

Technical Support Engineer in USA
Computer-Software

One of the best SMTP/API mail integration solutions

Kommentare: 10,000 free emails a month, easy to use API, easy to integrate and send emails reliably.

Mailgun offers 10,000 free emails a month, which is much higher than a lot of the competing services in this category. The web interface is clean and provides you with the information you need right on the landing page. Integrates easy with many services and plugins exist for many platforms (eg Wordpress). API is well documented.

While the Free tier of 10,000 emails a month is class leading, when you begin entering the paid tiers there are much cheaper alternatives available. Email validation service is pricey for what it is.