Über OpenVPN

Voll ausgestattete VPN-Lösung für sicheres Netzwerk-Tunneling für Windows-, Mac- und Linux-Umgebungen.

Erfahre mehr über OpenVPN

Once it has been set up, it is very easy to use to access office files and servers when you are not on site.

It is a bit difficult for the moderate user to tweak the software and adjust all the necessary parameters.

Bewertungen zu OpenVPN

OpenVPN hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 161 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du OpenVPN bereits verwendet?

Giuseppe N.
Giuseppe N.
Software Engineer Manager in Italien

Easy way to implement vpn

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

I recently installed the vpn server and it was really simple. Offers complete vpn functions and excellent iOS, Windows and MacOS clients.

the Linux client is not at the level of the other clients in terms of ease of use, otherwise I find no defects.

Manuel D.
Manuel D.
Business Office Manager in Mexiko
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great option for having your own VPN

It is very reliable and fast to connect, easy to manage users and the stability is 10/10

Since it requires your own server to deploy it mat be more expensive depending on the numbers of users

Alexi T.
Founder in Kanada
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Open to making the best VPN client out there

4 letzte Woche Neu

OpenVPN has a user-friendly interface, that is easy to navigate. In just a few minutes, anyone can get started with setting up a virtual private network even without much computer skills, because it is compatible with various operating systems such as Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android. Most importantly, it is open-source, meaning that it has the largest amount of documentation and tutorials online if you are ever facing troubles.

The configuration can become tedious if you are not used to networking lingo and words, once it's set up though, you can set it and forget it. In my opinion, some default settings should be in place for newer users that aren't experienced. Such as disabling one's internet connection if the VPN fails to work (kill switch).

Senior Terminal Supervisor in Katar

Good VPN Service

Kommentare: It gives me the freedom to change my IP address.

OpenVPN is available for Ipads, Android and PC and gives you the flexibility to change your IP: address.

The first impression of the software is it is difficult to setup compared with other services, however after some time you get used to it.

Erik M.
Graphic Designer in USA
Design, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

OpenVPN - Simple, minimal VPN client for large teams

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: OpenVPN Connect is super easy to use. A simple toggle turns the VPN on or off. My company uses it to have double-layer encryption for all of our services while we work remotely. The only notifications are for necessary notifications, no annoying pop-ups, upsells, etc. Very minimal, clean interface. Straight to the point which is exactly what me and my team need. Excellent piece of software!

I can't think of anything I don't like about OpenVPN Connect. The only notifications are for necessary notifications, no annoying pop-ups, upsells, etc. Very minimal, clean interface. Straight to the point which is exactly what me and my team need.

Emiliano ariel V.
Emiliano ariel V.
Sysadmin in Argentinien

Stable VPN service

Kommentare: We have at least today 350 users using this software at home. In this pandemic world was the more important tool we use.

Good performance and ease to use before a few months

Not so easy for install. There is a lot of documents about this but still a barrier to enter.

Brook R.
VP in USA

The simple solution we were looking for

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Great way to quickly get a team connected to our cloud VPN server.
This was the infrastructure integration piece we needed for a smooth rollout.
We used it to grant access to our custom cyber range build within the AWS cloud.

Straightforward to install and keep updated. Easy to set up multiple connection profiles. Configurable to run in the background, and provide seamless connections.

Seems to be resource-intensive, even when it's not doing anything. Version updates are not automatic.

Javier E.
CTO in Mexiko
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best free VPN software in the market

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: We use it daily and we haven't switched since around 2 years ago. We are happy with the tool and for what we need it

It's very easy to setup specially for mac users. You just have to download the file with the configuration and select it, that's it. Very easy for everyone

After a couple of hours using the VPN it would randomly disconnect. You have to completely turn off your wifi and the VPN and then turn them on again.

Programmer in Israel
Programmentwicklung, Selbstständig

Private network easily

Really easy to use, and super compact. You can connect and create a vpn server really quickly.

Requires a lot of knowledge to do it good and secure, and should be more explanations

Moisés fabián P.
Moisés fabián P.
Magister en Ciberseguridad in Dominikanische Republik
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Mi experiencia con Open VPN

5 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: Es una forma rápida y segura de poder conectarme a los equipos y servidores de mi organización desde mi hogar.

Lo que más me gusta de Open VPN es lo fácil que es de utilizar. La utilizo en el celular y solo requiero de cargarle el archivo de configuración y una vez realizado esto, proceder a configurar mi usuario de AD y listo! Ya me encuentro conectado.

Open VPN es un sofware que me hace sentir seguro. No tengo disgustos, ni quejas, cuando la utilizo.

Sandhya L.
Software Developer in Nepal

Review of OpenVPN

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall OpenVPN is a great tool to ensure users communication are secured and private.

OpenVPN is a free VPN server which provides super security features. They include OpenSSL library together with HMAC packet authentication due to which network safety is maximum. It is easy to use, reliable and provides great community support as most of their software protocols are licensed by GNU GPL. It is open source and source code is available for modification. It supports TCP and UDP protocols on any ports which makes it extremely difficult to block. It has high 1024-bit encryption levels and supports forward secrecy.

One of the disadvantages of OpenVPN is it is not compatible to few servers as OpenVPN does not support them. Due to prioritizing maximum security, encryption occurs in User's space, it affects the speed of network and increases latency. Mostly low specs devices are affected by network latency. It has numerous options thus, it can be confusing for new users to use. It is blocked by few proxy servers and is difficult to configure.

Majid S.
Majid S.
Freelancer in Deutschland
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Trustworthy solution

Kommentare: I can have a secure connection to my server, So in public areas, using free WiFi is not source of worries for me anymore.

After connecting to the remote server, All connections to the Lan will be dropped. It means that It provides a real secure connection.

There is only the last version which is available on the website and I can not download previous versions from openvpn.net I don't know this is the issue of software or my knowledge, but I couldn't have two concurrent connections from different devices at the same time. So I had to create two different users for two devices.

Ecommerce Business Analyst in USA
Sportartikel, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent VPN Option

Kommentare: I use OpenVPN to access my company's network when I am working remotely. This keeps me productive no matter where I am. It works great and I have literally never had an issue with it.

I have used many other VPN clients before and OpenVPN is my favorite. All clients do a fine job of getting me VPN access when I need it, but OpenVPN keeps me connected while my laptop is off or asleep and it remembers my login credentials to make signing back in very quick.

I really have nothing to complain about. OpenVPN is a very simple and useful VPN client. I have used it for a while with zero issues.

Michael H.
Consultant in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

This is the standard for remote access

Kommentare: I think it's a great standard that should continue to be developed.

Easy to setup point to point tunnels from other openvpn routers to other openvpn routers, cross platform compatibility with apple, windows, android, and linux devices, tons of support and the gui is very simple for windows users to use as along as they can remember to open it in the right hand corner of the tray and click connect first before trying to open other network resources like remote desktop or windows file sharing.

some of the windows 10 system had a bug where you had to right click and run as administrator for security issues to get the software's TAP adapter to successfully load so you could connect.

Shelly R.
Shelly R.
Sales and marketing specialist. in Mexiko
Essen & Trinken, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Security in the economic network.

Kommentare: I have used this program for more than three years, although it has presented me incoherent on some occasions, I must say that it has complied with everything established, offers excellent servers to be free, with a stable and excellent speed to navigate, protect your data and stay in anonymity to prevent information theft, an excellent program for anyone.

Ease of connection, diversity of servers in different countries, free, ease of use and installation, network security, identity protection, stable speed, guaranteed anonymity.

Weakness in the connections, it does not offer support, the program does not notify if it is disconnected from the server, it can connect it to an unwanted server, the speed may decrease, it does not offer additional security.

Charlie A.
Charlie A.
Composite Product Specialist in USA

Adequate VPN Server

Kommentare: Professional use for file access and email servers.

I've used this to gain access to restricted work servers for email and storage. It works about 80% of the time to allow me to access the email and files stored there. Once installed, it's pretty easy to connect on a laptop and it's automatic on a phone (most of the time).

It's a little hit-or-miss, as previously stated. Every now and then, I need to manually connect my mobile device to the VPN, even though it should be automatic. It doesn't always play nicely with hotel networks so when I travel for work, I'm not always able to use the hotel wireless to check emails or access files.

Phanit P.
iOS Engineer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Secure and easy to use

Kommentare: Overall, OpenVPN Access Server is easy to use, easy to set up. They have a nice app for all the platforms. It does the job well for our main use case which is to limit access to our APIs to only those who are connected to the VPN.

Simple user interface. Easy to set up and connect OpenVPN Access Server to enable two-factor authentication with Google Authenticator. The client-side is also intuitive with apps for mobile devices (iOS and Android) and for the desktop (windows and mac).

Can sometimes be hard to debug connection errors. On the client-side, if the connection error fails because of a password or expiration or wrong password, the error message does not reflect this. This could possibly be for security protection, but it can be a bit confusing to the end user.

Moris M.
Moris M.
Colaborador Técnico in El Salvador
Staatsverwaltung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

OpenVPN Acess Server - Sutil y Estable

Kommentare: La estabilidad de OpenVPN Access Server es muy buena, su facilidad de uso y configuración ofrece una experiencia más que satisfactoria.

OpenVPN Access Server tiene las diferentes opciones que se esperan en una vpn, ademas su configuración inicial es facil, el cifrado con certificado digital brinda la confianza que se busca para proteger las comunicaciones

el cliente en la versión de window se congela y hay que reiniciar el servicio, el problema es que para esto hay que tener conocimiento intermedios y tener permisos de administrador, si esto no es asi no hay mas que reiniciar la maquina

Kerby R.
CEO in USA
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great VPN server

Kommentare: I've had a absolutely wonderful experience with Openvpn. They have client apps for every platform. They will help you setup exactly what you need for your project.

Worried about who is monitoring your data. Then make your own VPN. Super fast super easy. Openvpn is great they have the software for every end of every platform. Very easy to install and very good help section.

There really is no cons. They put you in control of your data. It doesn't get much more secure than that. No worrying if your data is being mined and sold.

Juan carlos G.
Juan carlos G.
Lider de area de desarrollo IA in USA

The safe work vpn

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We use openvpn in order to conect to the main server on Monterrey. Allaso we restrcted and secured the development of our software just in this specific ip so we havent any hacing or leaking information this way.

Easy to use in order to safe guard my enterprize data. Nice handlying of the IP it dosnt change even that already has pass several months. Easy scalability we had at the beging just a max amount of 20 mbs now we can support 40mbs

Teach ll my comrads how to setup was a litle bit tricky but ater that initial setup everything flows well

Jeremy K.
Solutions Consultant in USA

Very secure VPN

Kommentare: Overall I have a very positive experience with OpenVPN, I have not had any technical issue or noticed any bugs since onboarding with them.

Working with proprietary data means that we need the best security possible to access our network - OpenVPN makes this extremely easy to do this without worrying about network security when we are not in the office.

Setup can be improved to be more simple but I understand the amount of security it must take to make sure it runs properly - our IT team was able to help us through this.

Manager in Belgien
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Very secure way to connect to enterprise network

Kommentare: We use OpenVPN to let our employees connect with their laptop to the network at the office.

Open source, using state-of-the-art security protocols to connect to a remote network. Regular updates to stay up to date with the latest version of the different security blocks.

Not always easy to troubleshoot connection problems because error messages sometimes don't give a clue of what configuration setting is wrong.

Senior Product Development Engineer in Türkei
Automotive, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Fast and easy VPN access

Kommentare: It's a free and simple VPN everybody can use easily without and connection problem as long as good config files.

Easy access to 3rd party remote servers in any region. You can use OpenVPN on PC and smartphone. The only thing you need is adding config file into program directory and then run it. It's that much simple.

There is nothing to complain about. You only need good quality of config file.

Sanel P.
Software Analyst in USA

OpenVPN Access Server - Depends On User

Kommentare: Provides excellent service especially per cost.

Easy enough for most users to understand how to set up. Pretty secure. Able to use in most settings.

Users without a stronger technical background will find managing the software difficult. Can be even more complicated in enterprise environments. In event of reconfiguration, a user of stronger technical background is needed.

Robert N.
Director of Operations in USA
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

VPN server made easy!

We have found that having a virtualized software that is used to run on our specialized hardware has been an easy process from the get-go. We have appreciated the many forms of easy deployment - highly recommend this product.

We have had a few issues when pushing DHCP options to Windows clients but were able to resolve those through the help of customer support.