Über Access Server

Voll ausgestattete VPN-Lösung für sicheres Netzwerk-Tunneling für Windows-, Mac- und Linux-Umgebungen.

Erfahre mehr über Access Server

Once it has been set up, it is very easy to use to access office files and servers when you are not on site.

It is a bit difficult for the moderate user to tweak the software and adjust all the necessary parameters.

Bewertungen zu Access Server

Access Server hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 191 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Access Server bereits verwendet?

Kerby

Leander
IT-Administrator in Deutschland
Staatsverwaltung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Verbesserungsfähig

Man behält leicht die Übersicht, was jedoch bei jeder VPN-Lösung der Fall sein sollte.

Die Geschichte ist recht teuer für das, was man bekommt, nur um eine GUI zu haben.

Emiliano Ariel
Emiliano Ariel
Sysadmin in Argentinien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Stable VPN service

Kommentare: We have at least today 350 users using this software at home. In this pandemic world was the more important tool we use.

Good performance and ease to use before a few months

Not so easy for install. There is a lot of documents about this but still a barrier to enter.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Pritunl

Warum Access Server gewählt wurde: We need more power and UDP features.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Access Server: It's free without limits.

Manuel
Manuel
Business Office Manager in Mexiko
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great option for having your own VPN

It is very reliable and fast to connect, easy to manage users and the stability is 10/10

Since it requires your own server to deploy it mat be more expensive depending on the numbers of users

Good VPN Service

Kommentare: It gives me the freedom to change my IP address.

OpenVPN is available for Ipads, Android and PC and gives you the flexibility to change your IP: address.

The first impression of the software is it is difficult to setup compared with other services, however after some time you get used to it.

Austin
Austin
Software Analyst in Argentinien
Pharmazeutika, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

OVPN Access Server, your go-to network protection ensurance

Kommentare: It's a bless to be working with a software that cares about your clients giving such incredible easy options to install and set up.

I think the feature I love about OVPN Access Server is the ease of use and the accessibility for new users, with no technical experience, to set up and use the software.

I think the first set up to configure is a bit harsh, but that's fine because it ensures that you prepare a robust environment and can protect you from things you don't know about in your first steps.

Wale
Wale
Editor in Nigeria
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A free VPN solution that works

Kommentare: OpenVPN eliminates the need for me to buy a dedicated VPN since it allows me to set up and use my personal VPN server on my VPS.

One thing most paid VPN programs do not offer is complete customization. From how your server operates to how the client on your device works, OpenVPN offers quite a lot of features for a free program.

For the average user, OpenVPN is not recommended because you need to set up your own server. It is not a 'plug-and-play' VPN solution. You also need to pay some amount to simultaneously use the VPN service on several devices. This is an extra cost considering you still need to pay for server hosting as well.

Charlie
Charlie
Composite Product Specialist in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Adequate VPN Server

Kommentare: Professional use for file access and email servers.

I've used this to gain access to restricted work servers for email and storage. It works about 80% of the time to allow me to access the email and files stored there. Once installed, it's pretty easy to connect on a laptop and it's automatic on a phone (most of the time).

It's a little hit-or-miss, as previously stated. Every now and then, I need to manually connect my mobile device to the VPN, even though it should be automatic. It doesn't always play nicely with hotel networks so when I travel for work, I'm not always able to use the hotel wireless to check emails or access files.

Dan
Data Analyst in Israel
Gastgewerbe, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

OpenVPN is simple and easy to use VPN

Kommentare: Overall, the performance is great and it's a good value for many.

It's reliable and easy to use, the option to work with desktop and web apps is great, you don't spend a lot of time connecting, and the performance overall is very stable using the VPN.

I encountered some bugs where you can't access the VPN, and you need to restart in order to successfully connect.

Bryce
Material and Logistics Coordinator in USA
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Very good VPN

Kommentare: It has been good!

We use this VPN on a daily basis to protect our service departments information .. it works very well.

It can be slow dependent on where you are accessing it from.. I have " mid-tier " internet at my home, so when utilizing a VPN that already " slows " your speeds, combining it with average internet is definitly a snail race.. But better safe than sorry!

Raymond
IT Specialists in Philippinen
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Secure Browsing

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: very easy to user, the GUI is user's friendly

it is very to use, and you will ensure a secure browsing

with my 6 months of use, none so far that I don't like with this VPN

Jeffrey
Machinist in USA
Maschinerie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Works great as von access

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

We use this at my manufacturing job to look at cameras pointed at machines to see when they are done and we aren’t at the shop.

So far have experienced no cons. It works great for what we need.

Alexi
Founder in Kanada
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Open to making the best VPN client out there

OpenVPN has a user-friendly interface, that is easy to navigate. In just a few minutes, anyone can get started with setting up a virtual private network even without much computer skills, because it is compatible with various operating systems such as Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android. Most importantly, it is open-source, meaning that it has the largest amount of documentation and tutorials online if you are ever facing troubles.

The configuration can become tedious if you are not used to networking lingo and words, once it's set up though, you can set it and forget it. In my opinion, some default settings should be in place for newer users that aren't experienced. Such as disabling one's internet connection if the VPN fails to work (kill switch).

Abhijeet
President in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Free, Easy and Secure VPN Solution

Kommentare: Our customers are happy because everyone likes a free product which is secure and is easy to implement (hence low labor costs).

OpenVPN is completely free, has a good support community online (has a big user base which helps tremendously for any opensource software) and is easy to implement for both Windows and Linux environment.

Has speed limitations (due to protocol being used) so it cannot be used for high bandwidth scenarios. Key distribution is a problem too like with many other solutions out there.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Cisco AnyConnect

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Access Server: Cost effectiveness

Sportartikel, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent VPN Option

Kommentare: I use OpenVPN to access my company's network when I am working remotely. This keeps me productive no matter where I am. It works great and I have literally never had an issue with it.

I have used many other VPN clients before and OpenVPN is my favorite. All clients do a fine job of getting me VPN access when I need it, but OpenVPN keeps me connected while my laptop is off or asleep and it remembers my login credentials to make signing back in very quick.

I really have nothing to complain about. OpenVPN is a very simple and useful VPN client. I have used it for a while with zero issues.

Karambir
CEO in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

OpenVPN / Router Client is a Viable Choice for Privacy and Security

Kommentare: I have found OpenVPN when implemented at the router level to be an effective means of protecting one's internet activities from intruders and bad actors. Performance could be better.

I like that I can setup OpenVPN at the router level for my organization and not have to install a VPN client on each device.

OpenVPN degrades performance noticeably (i.e., about 66%) compared to unprotected internet access.

Automotive, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Fast and easy VPN access

Kommentare: It's a free and simple VPN everybody can use easily without and connection problem as long as good config files.

Easy access to 3rd party remote servers in any region. You can use OpenVPN on PC and smartphone. The only thing you need is adding config file into program directory and then run it. It's that much simple.

There is nothing to complain about. You only need good quality of config file.

Brad
Senior Test Engineer in UK
Glücksspiel & Casinos, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vital VPN software that is available on most platforms!

Kommentare: It is available on everything I use and does the job needed to access the things important to completing work day to day.

OpenVPN being on so many platforms / devices is incredibly convenient and vital to the work I do, as much of it is behind firewalls. This is running on my desktop PC, laptop and numerous mobile devices.

It is a little clunky to set up on a new device. It's not a massive hassle but having the option to quickly transfer a profile via something like a QR code would be more convenient.

Mohamed
Senior Software Engineer in Ägypten
Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

OpenVPN Review

Kommentare: it is a good experience and I did not face any problems while using it

Easy To Connect and fast too Easily to import VPN files to it Integration with other programs easily too Stable Internet

it is disconnected when I make my computer sleep so every time I make the computer sleep I need to reconnect again.

Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A (Difficult) reliable solution

Kommentare: I like it and I use it every day!

1-There are too many solutions for one requirement. Cloud services, virtual appliance, and software packages. 2-very reliable and almost bug-free software. 3-community edition is free

1-Community edition setup is really difficult and only a professional can install it.

Mauricio
Business Manager in Kolumbien

One of the best solutions to access any app or website trespassing censorship on your country.

Kommentare: Free and secure access to online resources in my country.

-Always get updates on security protocols and add new servers to secure user connections. -As an open source product, it's compatible with almost any platform (iOS, Android, windows, etc). The developers' community always adapt this app to newer OS versions. -IT departments have a great product to secure his environments (Hyper-V and VMware ESXi), there are some cloud services that allow VPN configurations like Amazon.

-For less technical users it's almost impossible to configure the app for every environment. -Configuration guide use technical language, making even harder to fix issues. -Customer Support it's not available via common channels like chat or email, users need to ask about his issues on forums or communities.

Melissa
at home use in USA

Fast connecting VPN

Like other reviewers have said, the set up is a bit difficult at first but once you get through that, the service itself is fast, secure, and the connection itself is reliable. It rarely drops for me.

The set up made me struggle. I am a pretty average software user, I'm not too much of a computer whiz so I don't appreciate when the set up is difficult... the UI is also outdated but this is not a major problem for me.

Nabil
Secretaria in Venezuela
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

100% recommended

I have not really used many VPN applications, but it has not been necessary to try too many, because when I found Open VPN I did not have to search anymore, this application does not need to be downloaded, I use it directly in the cloud and it fulfills its function very well. which is to protect my IP in a very effective and free way, I love it.

It is difficult for me to indicate a disadvantage to an application that does its job very well and also I do not have to pay anything for its use, I really recommend it.

Paul
IT System Admin in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

VPN Makes Working Outside the Office Easier

OpenVPN makes it easy to access files and information that is onsite so working from home and outside the office is easier

It doesn't work to well when using an iPad to access a windows SMB share

Graduate Research Assistant in USA
Chemikalien, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

For Accessing Content Unavailable in Your Region

Being able to access content unavailable to my country made this product a must-have. Additionally, in terms of network security, there is a definite aspect of peace-of-mind when trying to avoid big data collectors.

The only con is that I didn't find this product sooner!!

Ahmed
Senior Software Developer in Ägypten
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

OpenVPN

Open Source Free VPN Tool with with great community for support

the client user experience need more improvements