Über Egnyte

Nicht verfügbar

Egnyte makes it easy to store files in a cloud based storage area, but has additional enterprise level capabilities that make it possible to integrate into powerful workflows.

It can get a little getting used to at first. You no longer will store files on your desktop or folders but rather within a folder in Egnyte.

Bewertungen zu Egnyte

Egnyte hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 100 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Egnyte bereits verwendet?

Lauren
Lauren
Executive Assistant in USA
Medienproduktion, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Business Storage Hosting In A New Light

Kommentare: Egnyte is what happens when you combine Elon Musk's brain capacity with digital file hosting: Genius integration.

I really appreciate the way Egnyte naturally integrated into our existing business. It calculated the items we had to store and kept them in an impressive bow. The interface is very clean and distinguishable. The features all stand out in their own presence. But the one factor that really earned my loyalty to the software was the storage performance. Egnyte is the powerhouse of online file hosting. It has the durability to carry highly dense files and load them in a concise, quick manner.

Aside from not knowing of this software sooner, I do hope that Egnyte will create the opportunity for collaborative sharing through external mail hosts (email to be specific). Otherwise, I hold the software in high regards.

Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Secure Organization

Kommentare: Overall it was easy to implement and for end users to understand how to use it. My team did not need to undergo much training or assistance while working through implementation

I really like how Egnyte is able to sync up with a computer's own folder system making the ability to save and work with secure documents on your computer where ever you are and maintaining files solely within the frame of Egnyte. Also being able to customize our home space with our own logo and colors was a nice touch.

Some of the APIs come with an additional cost, which is sometimes less than satisfactory, and the APIs sometimes have limitations, but otherwise, it's been an entirely positive experience.

Versicherung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

My experience with egnyte

Kommentare: We use Egnyte to share, access, upload/download files within and outside the office. It serves well some days but I am personally not a big fan of it knowing there are other platforms that work more seamlessly.

I like the fact that its cloud based and has mobile sharing too, makes sharing files between office locations possible and easy.

Its not the best content sharing platform I've used.It doesn't really integrate well with google and can be confusing to use sometimes.

Antwort von Egnyte

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you found our mobile solutions easy to use across multiple locations. Our integrations, including with Google's suite of products, are constantly being updated and improved. You can see the latest benefits, features, and enhancements of our G Suite integration here: https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028093372-Egnyte-for-G-Suite Additionally, you can find additional training on our apps and integrations at Egnyte University: https://egnyte-university.egnyte.com/

Riley
Sales Coordinator in USA
Gastgewerbe, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Organization is Key

Our Team heavily relies on Egnyte services. This is where we store all of our updated information that everyone on the team has access to. The thing that I like most about Egnyte, is the sense of security it offers. I take comfort in the fact that all of our company information is in a safe place that only team members can access.

I think one thing Egnyte can work on, is the navigation between different folders. It would be convenient if there was a way to switch over quickly to a new folder, without having to navigate to the home screen. Other than that I have no issues, Egnyte is a great tool for our company.

Dan
IT manager in UK
Umweltdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The best corporate grade cloud file server out there

Kommentare: So far, so good; it's a modern incarnation of the file server.Permissions are easy to manage by non-technical staff.It's a bit pricey but is the backbone of our company.The compliance and security are up there with the best; it's a product we truly trust.

The governance and security architecture.Running on Egnyt's own data centres.Nothing ever gets lost.Search filters are accurate.Search within files.Desktop product is comfortable for users.Intrusion control is easy to configure.Archiving policies aligned with GDPR.The desktop agent is auto-updating.Support is excellent and fast whatever time of the day.The NAS (smart cache) hybrid product is easy to run and very stable running on a version of Linux.

With the clunky implementation of co-editing Microsoft Office files, users find it hard to get used to compared with OneDrive.The local file editor tool WebEdit is not auto-updating.

Halbleiter, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Egnyte is Dropbox done right

Kommentare: Egnyte has been a professional and customer-focused company. They continue to improve the product across their product offerings, maintaining parity across the ever-changing landscape.

No desktop footprint! This is a big win when dealing with distributed workers with laptops. Everyone has full access to files they are allowed, and they take no space (until they are accessed). I also love the ability to fine-tune permissions at the sub-folder level.

Permissions are the hardest thing for some users to get the hang of. In Egnyte, they aren't difficult, but some users have difficulty managing the permissions on the website, since they only use the folders on their desktop (sync'd).

President in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Engyte provides enterprise solutioning for a small business price.

Kommentare: File sharing across the company as well as with outside resources has made this product a no brainerr for me to use and recommend.

Ease of setup and administration - multiple platform access (web, local drive mapping, app)

No much - given how flexible the platform is , the guidance on how to use it, and the success rate, this is really nothing I can say negative.

Sofia
Manager in USA
Forschung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Sturdy for Mid Size companies

Better than Dropbox, more secure than Box.

The mobile app sometimes experienced glitches and sync issues. And the desktop app doesn’t have a good offline mode in case of lost connectivity.

Prince
Prince
Business Analyst in USA
Biotechnologie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Egnyte is great - only if you get their other services

Kommentare: I was on the team helping a client work through their use of Egnyte. We are "re-implementing" the system for them. It almost felt like Egnyte had no clear picture of what the client's situation was - which was annoying as well. Overall, we've kept wondering why our client used Egnyte at all, since they had MS Teams. Besides some extra security, there isn't much difference in the features you can use between the two. But if you have some of their other add-ons, it is worth it.

Useful features, very fast syncing capabilities, as well as offline synching capabilities. There's also a lot of automated processes as well as MS Power Automate support

Power Automate support is extra (on Microsoft's end of it) and the many other features of basic Egnyte are available in MS Teams. So if you're already paying for Teams, there's no point to get Egnyte unless you also get Protect or GxP environment. They're also too new in the GxP space so it is a bit unclear.

Vincent Po
Vincent Po
Managing Director & Global Chief Marketing & Technology Officer in Hongkong
Informationsdienst, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for remote businesses

Kommentare: So far, very satisfied with it. Great for remote/distributed teams, good value for the money vs the mainstays like Dropbox and Box.

I migrated to Egnyte from a local NAS file server. Now, I wish I did this earlier. Egnyte is great for us, literally it is our entire file server that follows us everwhere with an internet connection so it's extremely convenient (with the Desktop connect feature). I would have signed up a few year's ago but they didn't have the Team plan back then and now that they do, it's great for smaller businesses/teams. I don't have to worry about local/physical risks to our physical file server anymore, everything is in the cloud. Very happy with it so far.

Initially during my trial, I had lots of problems upload via FTP and after various messages to the support/sales, there was no response. But once I communicated via another channel, they were very responsive and dealt with the issue. Not sure if it was an issue with it being on a Trial account but once I upgraded to the paid plan, it was working fine.

Beth
Managing Partner in USA
Rechtsberatung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Egnyte is best for backup and FTP with HIPAA compliant security

Kommentare: Secure backup of all our documents, easy to set up FTP sites, that have HIPAA compliant security.

Easy to set up and share FTP sites. Backup is usually seamless and they email if the computer hasn't been heard from in some number of days that you determine. Egnyte has HIPAA compliant security and lots of good security settings, like invitation links that expire and cannot be forwarded. They can actually provide a HIPAA certificate! The price is very reasonable for everything that's included, and the amount of control you have over your data and settings. There's even an app for android and iPhone. There are lots more features that we don't even use.

Sometimes the backup function locks up without reason. It can usually be resolved with a few clicks, but I've never figured out what happens to prompt the shutdown. The app is great for uploading photos and similar to the site, but I've never been able to use the app to invite a user - everything looks like it's working, but the "save" screen doen't pop up the way it does on the computer, and so it doesn't save the invitation and thus doesn't work. Overall, though we love this software.

NICOLE
Legal Assistant in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Egnyte is helpful

Kommentare: I've been using egnyte for some time now and I find it to be secure to contain all of my clients information easy-to-access anytime I need to look up there paperwork and well worth the price for all that I gained from using the software I recommended egnyte for other law practices

Egnyte is a great software to store files it is very user-friendly I have a lot of clients within my law practices and anytime I need to find a police report disclosure or any other information that I need everything is easily stored and Egnyte I have found it to be the best site for file story

Sometimes it appears that there are duplicate files created and causes a little confusion when I'm searching for just one document within the search bar this has been a little frustrating but it doesn't happen often and it hasn't changed the fact that I really enjoy using egnyte software

Tom
Senior Front-End Developer in Dänemark
Marketing & Werbung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Cloud solution with top notch sharing options

Kommentare: I'm very happy with Egnyte. Once I got the touch on how to use it I have found it easy. The desktop version works really well and sync my files automatically.

Egnyte is a super cloud solution that have a nice folder structure with a really manageable permission scheme. It's easy to share files - internally and externally. I really appreciate the option for changing url when sharing files. I can also backtrack all my shared links and I can see who have accessed it when. The applications also do the job.

The application have required manually installed updates. I think they might have solved this now. The reports option should maybe have some more options and flexibility.

Director in Schweiz
Biotechnologie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Egnyte Database

Kommentare: Happy with the service they provide. The software is simple and efficient.

Really happy using this product. It is our company's primary data repository and offers us an efficient way to manage our data. As a user, setup was incredibly easy with just a link to follow and within a minute I had a z-drive set up and and it was just like accessing a normal folder on my hard drive. Happy to be using it. It is simple and efficient, yet powerful.

Didnt work so well over the web as there appears to be default privilege restrictions in editing/changing folders but once a z drive is set up it was fine

delaney
foreman in USA
Bau, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great document manager

Kommentare: Very, very easy to organize and manage file, doc, pdfs. super easy to move them around and download. I really like how you can send invites for others to view a document.

I love that is can make multiple folders and put permission on it. I like how i can construct a filing system that meet the job needs/criteria and able to keep it a standard.

the favorite star, it never seems to work for me to go to a shortcut folder fast

Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Ease of use with powerful capabilities where needed

Kommentare: Overall, Egnyte is great, it's made it simple for me to access and store files in the cloud, but also integrate into automated workflows via command line tools.

Really the only thing I dislike about Egnyte is that there are no data sovereignty capabilities as far as I can tell. You can't specify where data is stored geographically.

Ramya Kaumudi
Talent Acquisition Manager in USA
Öl & Energie, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Egnyte

We use Egnyte as our file repository and cloud storage platform. The new feature that allows co editing is the one I like the most. While allowing us to use MS native apps and not use Google for simultaneous collaboration, I think it is a wonderful tool. It also syncs well with Mac and Windows folders allowing access on computer directly than having to go to web each time it needs to be accessed.

The collaboration feature edits sometimes are delayed not giving the live and current updates being made by other parties.

Seth
Financial Advisor in USA

Great for what it does.

Very easy to access files on the go. The app makes it super easy. Very happy with the software and ability to get to my files

Customer service is pretty terrible. Very hard to reach, not very helpful, not very quick at responding.

Drew
CIO in USA

Egnyte has been a great asset to our overall document storage strategy.

Kommentare: Easy management of document storage for our company.

This software is easy to use. Users were trained quickly. Has great application integrations with many top level software companies.

Very little, which is a great think. The link sharing is not quite as clear and clean I would like it to be. Can be confusing for most users or they could share public links easily on accident.

, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Really nice interface and easy to use

Kommentare: We use it as our only file server. We dont have to manage any local file servers thanks to this system.

Alot of nice features, integrates directly with windows and Mac. Permission structure is easy to use.

No support for Push groups using sso. I have also occasionally experienced sync problems with files.

We use Egnyte within our Salesforce org. It has been great from the start.

Being able to have Egnyte integrate with Salesforce is a must. The software gives us a documents for each of our records and was pretty easy to setup. Love it!

With us using Egnyte wishing Salesforce, we never use their web interface (which is still great) and we currently don't have a way to search files in individual records. This feature would be a great and helpful addition.

Gary
CEO in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Egnyte - Good cloud file system

Kommentare: Pretty great cloud software.

I have a lot of proposals and pictures. This software is a good cloud file storage system for us. Our clients can view a file and even leave comments too.

One has to be a good file organizer because directories can get confusing very quickly.

Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Decent file exchange platform

Kommentare: Great product that served it’s purpose on the project I worked on. The features are constantly updated and optimized

Intuitive user-friendly interface, packed with useful features like version history, online editing via MS Office

Two factor authentication is wobbly sometimes

Assistant CFO in USA

Very easy and simple

Kommentare: Easily access shared company documents

The software is very easy and it is very simple to download to your desktop and use. It is very secure

Sometimes the software doesn't connect to the computer right away and you have to restart the computer

IT & Safety Manager in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Egnyte is the Perfect Business-Ready Cloud Solution

Kommentare: Access to company files (especially jobsite related ones) anywhere, security, and efficiency.

Security, consistency, and ease of use are the biggest perks here. Users from IT to none at all have a simple time understanding how to use their cloud solution. The local server storage sync for office computers to have easy access to all cloud files locally is very helpful.

The administration package (SSO) is really expensive, I wish they supported fingerprint security like they do on iOS, and the app crashes when syncing lots of files that were marked offline.