Secure Organization

Bewertet am 4.11.2019
HR & Operations Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it was easy to implement and for end users to understand how to use it. My team did not need to undergo much training or assistance while working through implementation

Vorteile: I really like how Egnyte is able to sync up with a computer's own folder system making the ability to save and work with secure documents on your computer where ever you are and maintaining files solely within the frame of Egnyte. Also being able to customize our home space with our own logo and colors was a nice touch.

Nachteile: Some of the APIs come with an additional cost, which is sometimes less than satisfactory, and the APIs sometimes have limitations, but otherwise, it's been an entirely positive experience.

Egnyte is best for backup and FTP with HIPAA compliant security

Bewertet am 30.7.2018
Beth M.
Managing Partner
Rechtsberatung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Secure backup of all our documents, easy to set up FTP sites, that have HIPAA compliant security.

Vorteile: Easy to set up and share FTP sites. Backup is usually seamless and they email if the computer hasn't been heard from in some number of days that you determine. Egnyte has HIPAA compliant security and lots of good security settings, like invitation links that expire and cannot be forwarded. They can actually provide a HIPAA certificate! The price is very reasonable for everything that's included, and the amount of control you have over your data and settings. There's even an app for android and iPhone. There are lots more features that we don't even use.

Nachteile: Sometimes the backup function locks up without reason. It can usually be resolved with a few clicks, but I've never figured out what happens to prompt the shutdown. The app is great for uploading photos and similar to the site, but I've never been able to use the app to invite a user - everything looks like it's working, but the "save" screen doen't pop up the way it does on the computer, and so it doesn't save the invitation and thus doesn't work. Overall, though we love this software.

Egnyte Does the Job, but That's it.

Bewertet am 3.4.2018
Jeffrey S.
Director of Marketing
Versicherung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Egnyte is a cloud storage service with some basic admin controls and a desktop app that allows you to treat it as a network drive, as well a browser-based service. It functions perfectly fine in its role as a cloud service. Data is stored without any issue and the cost is reasonable.

Nachteile: The customer service leaves a lot to be desired. The best way to actually get assistance is to dial in and press the button for sales, you'll be assigned a lot more value. It's not the best customer retention strategy, but in my experience, the dedicated support folks are difficult to get ahold of and have to escalate your issue more often than not because they are third-party. The Salesforce API fails periodically leaving the office high and dry if I (IT Director) am not around. It's a quick fix, but the process isn't something that can be done without admin access and a decent base of knowledge.

We couldn't work without it

Bewertet am 23.5.2019
Operations
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Previously we were using a physical server and when we started with Egnyte years ago "the Cloud" wasn't as big as it is now. From the start it was obvious that this was a superior way of having a server that we have never looked back.

Vorteile: Is everything an acceptable response?
Easy to setup - easy to use
Plugin for Outlook - can create download links to send entire folders
Can setup either as something that syncs a specific file(s) to the Egnyte server or have direct access to the server (depending on the user one is better then the other).
Mobile apps for both iOS and Andriod - everyone has access to all their files from anywhere they have data coverage or Wi-Fi
Their tech support is top notch, always responds same day.

Nachteile: I have yet to find a con. I guess there are free options available (Google Drive and OneDrive) but the free options are very limited so you'll have to eventually buy a plan anyways.

Sturdy for Mid Size companies

Bewertet am 25.8.2019
Sofia G.
Forschung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Better than Dropbox, more secure than Box.

Nachteile: The mobile app sometimes experienced glitches and sync issues. And the desktop app doesn’t have a good offline mode in case of lost connectivity.

Drive software for corporate business

Bewertet am 7.5.2019
Rikke N.
Junior Production Designer

Kommentare: I'm happy with Egnyte and I feel like my work can be stored here in a safe and reliable way. The speed of file transfers are pretty good and I like the flexibility and applications there's available.

Vorteile: Great software and portal for file and file-sharing. I have the option to use Egnyte in my browser, as a drive on my PC or as automatic desktop backup. All options can also work together. The structure of files can be made as you like and the sharing options are great. You can edit files in your browser or open and edit in your desktop client. The sharing options are great and you can customize what people should be able to see or do. Clients can get access to specific folders etc.

Nachteile: It takes some time to learn how to use it due to the many options. I think it is a learning curve that's worth using time on. Egnyte cannot handle large files which is annoying as a designer. Inherited permissions can become a bit of a mess and there's not really any easy way to make it better. Reporting could also be improved.

Engyte is the perfect platform to store your work in the cloud

Bewertet am 14.4.2018
Localisation Engineer
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This software ends with the big file sharing issues by storing all your work files in the cloud.
This comes with the benefit of keeping your computer clean and light.
Also, sharing files among coworkers is made easy by using short links. You can specify the type of permissions you want for a given folder so that you can make it available only to a particular group of people, for example. This is useful when sensitive content is being shared.
Another great functionality, if you work with vendors, is you can provide them with a link that will just allow them to drop files while they won't be able to see or modify its contents.

Nachteile: - While having everything in the cloud is great you need to account for time spent downloading and uploading content, which can be a lot depending on your Internet connection.

Egnyte is helpful

Bewertet am 14.8.2018
Nicole T.
Legal Assistant
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been using egnyte for some time now and I find it to be secure to contain all of my clients information easy-to-access anytime I need to look up there paperwork and well worth the price for all that I gained from using the software I recommended egnyte for other law practices

Vorteile: Egnyte is a great software to store files it is very user-friendly I have a lot of clients within my law practices and anytime I need to find a police report disclosure or any other information that I need everything is easily stored and Egnyte I have found it to be the best site for file story

Nachteile: Sometimes it appears that there are duplicate files created and causes a little confusion when I'm searching for just one document within the search bar this has been a little frustrating but it doesn't happen often and it hasn't changed the fact that I really enjoy using egnyte software

Nice platform with good management tools

Bewertet am 5.6.2018
Nik K.
HR Manager
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The ability to share information with the team as well as outsiders is the biggest reason we use Egnyte. There is plenty of storage on the lower-end plans.

Vorteile: I use the previous version functionality once in awhile, but when I need it, it's invaluable! Also, I like the notifications on folder changes to keep me up to date without checking in.

Nachteile: I don't have a ton of cons to add, but I will say not all filetypes preview, but most do. The only thing we've had issues with is the desktop sync, but it wasn't anything major and was quickly addressed by the support team.

Cloud solution with top notch sharing options

Bewertet am 16.4.2019
Tom Y.
Senior Front-End Developer

Kommentare: I'm very happy with Egnyte. Once I got the touch on how to use it I have found it easy. The desktop version works really well and sync my files automatically.

Vorteile: Egnyte is a super cloud solution that have a nice folder structure with a really manageable permission scheme. It's easy to share files - internally and externally. I really appreciate the option for changing url when sharing files. I can also backtrack all my shared links and I can see who have accessed it when. The applications also do the job.

Nachteile: The application have required manually installed updates. I think they might have solved this now. The reports option should maybe have some more options and flexibility.

Easy to use, great price, excellent customer service

Bewertet am 13.3.2018
Manager, Member Relations & Administration

Vorteile: Offers easy to use cloud computing storage. Makes collaborating on documents within our team a breeze and gives us piece of mind being able to save everything on the cloud so no work will be lost in case of computer failure. Customer service is outstanding!

Nachteile: Used to offer an easy automatic backup for your personal computer drives, which is no longer offered. Wish they'd bring that back. If you want to view photo thumbnails without opening each photo, it can take a little while to load.

Still missing key features but overall pretty good

Bewertet am 8.8.2017
Cao-quy N.
System Adminsitrator

Vorteile: Customer support answers in a timely manner, features keep getting added, feature request that you asked for will get added in the future sometimes, syncing local NAS drives to the cloud, versioning of files and restoring of files.

Nachteile: Sometimes features that you request will get ignored, navigating through the website is slow, common sense features like deleting multiple links are left out. The trash bin is very slow response, deleting shared links is very tedious, user run reports are out dated.

Egnyte

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Virtual Design Construction Estimator
Bau, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The ease of use, accesability to files from any network, super easy to transfer files to anyone via a link so that emails don't get bogged down. I'd say my favorite feature is the outlook add-in that lets me upload and share my large media files.

Nachteile: At first, I didn't like the desktop sync because it confused a lot of users in my office and created double storage caches of files. However, they switched to egnyte connect and I believe these problems were solved.

Awesome once you learn it!

Bewertet am 22.2.2017
Marie debbie K.
Project Analyst
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Egnyte on a day to day basis, and it is a great package for cloud storage of all files, and for collaboration between teams.
The reports are awesome, you can pull up exact details about your users and what files they have accessed and when.
However, you need an Admin that knows the ins and outs in order to take full advantage of all the great features.
Overall it is a great software with a very helpful customer service, also their training videos are awesome and very helpful.

Vorteile: Put together well, lots of options

Nachteile: The learning curve is steep

Easy and Efficient

Bewertet am 25.9.2019
Saad S.
Purchasing Manager
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall the experience has been great. Has improved workplace efficiency and collaboration tremendously.

Vorteile: Remote access to work server files make working on the go a breeze. I can access anything from anywhere so that I can have all the information I need even when on client meetings.

Nachteile: It can get a little getting used to at first. You no longer will store files on your desktop or folders but rather within a folder in Egnyte.

Powerful and easy to use

Bewertet am 12.3.2019
Linda H.
Sales Agent
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very useful, easy to use, lots of features (I haven't figured out how to use them all yet).

Vorteile: Egnyte keeps track of everything. All our contacts, deals and activities are all inn one place sp everyone knows what is going on with every client and deal

Nachteile: It can be slow loading sometimes (probably because we have so much data in there). I don't care for the email feature, so I linked my email to Egnyte. It works seamlessly

Best hybrid storage solution

Bewertet am 2.4.2018
Keith S.
Operations Manager
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Use it daily as my primary file server.

Vorteile: Hybrid solution of cloud with local storage and sync. Best for companies that rely on local files instantly synced to cloud. Microsoft server support, NAS support, desktop sync with all the permission and rules from AD or Egnyte.

Nachteile: Price and mobile tools/ apps. iOS app not as full featured as competitors. Slow to build relationships with other apps and software.

Great document manager

Bewertet am 28.3.2019
Delaney M.
foreman
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very, very easy to organize and manage file, doc, pdfs. super easy to move them around and download. I really like how you can send invites for others to view a document.

Vorteile: I love that is can make multiple folders and put permission on it. I like how i can construct a filing system that meet the job needs/criteria and able to keep it a standard.

Nachteile: the favorite star, it never seems to work for me to go to a shortcut folder fast

Great for remote businesses

Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Vincent po B.
Managing Director & Global Chief Marketing & Technology Officer
Informationsdienst, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: So far, very satisfied with it. Great for remote/distributed teams, good value for the money vs the mainstays like Dropbox and Box.

Vorteile: I migrated to Egnyte from a local NAS file server. Now, I wish I did this earlier. Egnyte is great for us, literally it is our entire file server that follows us everwhere with an internet connection so it's extremely convenient (with the Desktop connect feature). I would have signed up a few year's ago but they didn't have the Team plan back then and now that they do, it's great for smaller businesses/teams. I don't have to worry about local/physical risks to our physical file server anymore, everything is in the cloud. Very happy with it so far.

Nachteile: Initially during my trial, I had lots of problems upload via FTP and after various messages to the support/sales, there was no response. But once I communicated via another channel, they were very responsive and dealt with the issue. Not sure if it was an issue with it being on a Trial account but once I upgraded to the paid plan, it was working fine.

Very Capable Software for Document Security and Sharing

Bewertet am 8.5.2019
Lee S.
Director of New Projects
Biotechnologie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great!

Vorteile: Very robust software for storing documents in the cloud. Allows everyone to access latest versions. Favorite aspect is the ability to share files and be notified when and where they are opened from. It's also nice to have version history for files. Lastly, having desktop file access makes using very seamless. It's just like using your regular (C:) drive.

Nachteile: Sharing capability has to be done through the online site. It would be nice to be able to get a sharing link straight from the desktop file system.

Excellent for small company with several remote workers

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Purchasing Inventory Manager
Luxusgüter & Schmuck, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our switch to Egnyte was a great decision and would recommend any other company to do the same.

Vorteile: We have several remote workers in our company, and this allows everyone to access the same folders. Easily downloads and syncs onto your computer. We switched to Egnyte after our server was dying, and this proved to be an affordable, secure solution to our digital files. It's easy to customized access to different users, allowing for private HR and accounting files.

Nachteile: If you are accessing from the website (rather than downloading), it can be slow. It defaults to sending everyone in the company a ton of emails, which can easily be turned off but can be annoying at first.

Useful tool for storing and sharing documents

Bewertet am 2.4.2018
Luyan L.

Vorteile: The software can hold multiple folders and documents. Different security levels can be set up to restrict or grant access. Very useful tool for sharing in multiple work locations.

Nachteile: If one person accidentally moves a root folder. It could take a lot of effort to retrieve and cause significant pause as people will not able to access during the retrieval process.

Cloud Software Great for Collaboration

Bewertet am 6.11.2018
Anya T.
Design Engineer
Maschinerie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great for our smaller office solution to keep a lot of files organized between many users, probably good for large offices too, has a very functional phone app for adding pictures or viewing files on the go.

Vorteile: Easy to use, easy to track who is working on what, it provides a way to email out of company large file links to download from.

Nachteile: I don't think I have any complaints with this software. The issues

Ease of use with powerful capabilities where needed

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Solutions Engineering Lead

Kommentare: Overall, Egnyte is great, it's made it simple for me to access and store files in the cloud, but also integrate into automated workflows via command line tools.

Vorteile: Egnyte makes it easy to store files in a cloud based storage area, but has additional enterprise level capabilities that make it possible to integrate into powerful workflows.

Nachteile: Really the only thing I dislike about Egnyte is that there are no data sovereignty capabilities as far as I can tell. You can't specify where data is stored geographically.

Great cloud storage option

Bewertet am 5.10.2017
Don R.
Accountant

Vorteile: Easy access to files from anywhere. Love the access history feature which shows who is accessing your files. Easily grant different types of access, ie read only.

Nachteile: Unless your users keep up with software updates, access to updated files goes away. This proves troublesome for companies with less tech savvy employees.