Über LibreOffice

Eine App, die ermöglicht, jegliche Microsoft Word-Dokumente, Excel- und Powerpoint-Dateien zu erstellen, zu bearbeiten und anzusehen.

Erfahre mehr über LibreOffice

I hate the fact that I've hesitated so long to actually try LibreOffice.

Bewertungen zu LibreOffice

3,9

LibreOffice hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 2.183 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du LibreOffice bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (2.182)

Justin
Justin
Senior DevOps Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great alternative to Office with compatibility getting better all the time

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Tarek
Personalwirt in Deutschland
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Similär zu Microsoftoffice aber richtig mehr als 80% und von Menü finde schon gut

Schnell aufmachen, sofort arbeiten , jeder kann schaffen

die Funktionen und Formeln zu erstellen finde ich schon nicht gut und optimal wie das Originale aussehen.

Ali
Ali
Server Administrator in Marokko
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best free open source Office suite tools

Kommentare: Great tool that i like to use every day, very fast and lightweight compared to Microsoft office or other office productivity tools.

After OpenOffice got acquired by Oracle, the source code was forked under the name LibreOffice which turned to be a better more reliable project, independent from any for profit companies that may end up sabotaging the development of this great productivity suite tools that are great alternative to Microsoft Office. The suite include the following tools : LibreOffice Calc - Spreadsheets creation, editing and management tool best alternative to Office Excel LibreOffice Writer - Document creation, editing and management tool best alternative to Microsoft Word LibreOffice Impress - Presentation creation, editing and management tool best alternative to Powerpoint LibreOffice Base - Database creation, editing and management tool best alternative to Microsoft Access LibreOffice Draw - Vector graphics Creation, editing and management tool, alternative to Adoble illustrator, Microsoft Visio, Inkscape... LibreOffice Math - Math documents creation and management tool.

Macro function is not that reliable yet, and although LibreOffice is open source it seems the development of the project is very slow, very little functions or UI changes are added after every release.

Ron
Ron
Project Manager in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent for small businesses!

Kommentare: Overall, LibreOffice was a very nice and useful tool to have in the office, before transitioning to GSuite. The features in LibreOffice are more powerful than GSuite, generally speaking, and there are far more use cases. However, the likelihood of incompatibility or data corruption when transitioning between LibreOffice to other similar software is a little bit higher, even if it can be negligible. That said, it is still a fantastic choice of software, and it's up to you to determine whether or not the pros balance out or exceed the cons. I believe it's worth a shot!

The software mimics Microsoft Office quite a bit, so the learning curve is very small. Being that the software is free and open source, it's an excellent ethical addition to the workplace especially during a time where pirated software can be frequently found in the small business world.

Compatibility between MS Office and GSuite can be dicey sometimes. Most use cases are fine and not worth worrying, but if you do a lot of work with importing and exporting data and need a consistent way to edit/parse it, LibreOffice may not be your best initial choice for the workplace. LibreOffice can also be slow depending on your computer; a lot of the stuff that is trivially quick to do in a program such as Excel can be a little bit of a crunch with LibreOffice's equivalent.

Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

An alternative option to Microsoft 365 products

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I've been using LibreOffice as an alternative to Microsoft 365 products since they are not available on Linux. LibreOffice is really good, the performance is great and does all necessary functions.

The software is easy to install, it's light and fast, the interface is similar to other similar products, all features are easy to find.

Some feature icons are too small in my opinion.

Hamadou
Hamadou
CIO in Kongo-Kinshasa
Programmentwicklung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

LibreOffice by SireHassan

3,0 letzten Monat Neu

I particularly like its open-source nature, its cost-free availability, and its customizability.

Its grammar correction feature, even though I use the LanguageTool plugin for it. I find that it slows down LibreOffice, especially during startup.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

An alternative to Microsoft 365

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I've been using LibreOffice on Ubuntu because Microsoft 365 products are unfortunately not compatible with Linux, so I use LibreOffice, which is pretty useful and life saver.

LibreOffice is a simple and fast software, provided with a similitar interface from other similar products, several features, it's free and doesn't need paid subscriptions, it's an optimized software.

The interface is similar to how all features and tools are organized, the thing is that this interface seems to be pretty old, like a 2014 UI.

Fábio
Fábio
Sr. Software Security Analyst in Brasilien
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

LibreOffice for Linux Users

Kommentare: For quick edits on Word documents on Linux, LibreOffice offers everything one's needs.

Since Microsoft Office does not support Linux OS users must find an alternative. There are some sensitive documents that are not allowed to be edited online, so an offline program must be used. LibreOffice is the most complete editor for documents while working offline. It has the basic features of Word, also supports both .doc and .docx documents and runs smoothly on Unix systems.

Most advanced usage is limited by its features. It is not as easy to, since its interface is really confusing and not consistent as opposed to Microsoft Word.

Jessica
Customer Service and Product Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Libra office is a great software for company to utilize

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It has been easy to use. Easy to transition. Has a lot of similarity features of Microsoft office, and because of that was not difficult in transitioning. We have had a very pleasant experience thus far, and would recommend it to any small business.

I like the fact that it works can compatibility to Microsoft Office. Our previous documentations are mostly in Microsoft so when using Libre office, it was easy to transfer everything over.

I haven’t found anything that I do not like about this software

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

LibreOffice as a Productivity Tool

LibreOffice is a good option for Linux users who need office tools. LibreOffice is free to use and has many great features that can provide your needs in daily activity.

LibreOffice needs to add more features to its product and also there's a problem with compatibility in file extension in LibreOffice. LibreOffice is not the best option if you do a work with multiproduct such as Microsoft or Google.

Jacira
responsável in Brasilien
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Simple and functional application

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: LibreOffice is a cost-effective application, which I enjoy using considering the functions it has that meet my expectations and needs, I have good productivity with the application.

I like it because it's easy to use, satisfactory for small businesses, has a wide range of functions and meets my needs.

It doesn't have many features, but for small businesses it's a good alternative.

Gary
Owner in Kanada
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Excellent Free Word Processor

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

The best option I have found for a free word processor.

Perhaps not the best choice for integration with Microsoft products, but that is to be expected.

Aaron
Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Good if not Better than other office products

Kommentare: I use this product to prepare my weekly lessons and lectures at our church. I use it for writing welcome letter to visitors and a variety of other things for my ministry.

I like not having to pay for a monthly subscription to use a software I use every day. This software allows me to use files from other word processors and office suites without having to worry if I will be able to open them or not. I don't understand why the bigger companies have gotten so greedy with these monthly cloud services when little guys like Libre can offer the same capabilities at a fraction of the cost.

The only gripe I have of the software is: 1) I don't like how the track changes is automatically applied to documents that were from other platforms 2) It may have it, but I have yet to find a label maker on the software.

Karla Brigitte
University Intern in Ecuador
Pharmazeutika, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

LibreOffice: Free and Powerful Office Suite for All Your Needs

Kommentare: During my internship in the pharmaceutical product development and research department at the University, LibreOffice proved to be a valuable tool. The suite of applications, including Writer and Calc, allowed us to create scientific reports, analyze data, and present findings effectively. The compatibility with Microsoft Office file formats ensured seamless collaboration with colleagues using different office software. LibreOffice's intuitive interface and robust feature set made it easy for us to generate high-quality documents and perform complex calculations. As an open-source solution, LibreOffice was particularly beneficial for our budget-conscious research department, providing a cost-effective alternative to commercial office suites. Overall, LibreOffice played a crucial role in our daily operations and contributed to our productivity in the pharmaceutical research field.

LibreOffice offers several notable advantages. Firstly, as an open-source software, it is free to use, making it an accessible option for individuals and organizations with budget constraints. The suite includes powerful applications like Writer, Calc, Impress, and Draw, providing comprehensive solutions for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and graphic design. The compatibility with Microsoft Office file formats ensures seamless collaboration and easy migration of files. Additionally, the user-friendly interface and intuitive features make it easy to create and edit documents. The community-driven development of LibreOffice ensures regular updates and improvements, keeping the software up to date with the latest standards and technologies. Furthermore, the availability of LibreOffice on multiple platforms, including Windows, macOS, and Linux, allows users to work across different operating systems without compatibility issues.

While LibreOffice has many advantages, it also has a few limitations. One of the primary concerns is the compatibility with complex Microsoft Office files, especially those with advanced formatting or macros, which may not render perfectly in LibreOffice. Additionally, the user interface of LibreOffice may feel less polished compared to commercial office suites, requiring some adjustment for users accustomed to other office software. While the community-driven development ensures regular updates, the pace of new feature introductions may be slower compared to commercial alternatives. Furthermore, the availability of technical support for LibreOffice may not be as extensive as that offered by commercial software vendors.

Hochschulbildung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

A worth replacement for commercial suites

Kommentare: I used for several years Openoffice and moved flawlessly to LibreOffice. Also if I have an institutional license for Office, I only use it in few occasion when I have to work on extremely macro-configured documents to be shared with colleagues. I daily work with LibreOffice, I appreciate the alternative to commercial suites and love to support it!

It is free, it has a wide support and development, with improvements and bugs correction. I cannot but support FLOSS (free libre open source). It has all the major features of other more expensive suites, and I prefer so much its interface compared with Office... There are a lot of free extensions to configure the app at your taste, and a strong community to rely when looking for support.

I find weak the image management in Write, and the lack of recording presentations in Impress (the latter not really relevant in a daily workflow).

Teresa
Owner of 2 websites in USA
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

LibreOffice is a great alternative to Microsoft Word

Kommentare: LibreOffice have everything I need. I use the spreadsheet module, I use there various templates, like creating a business card with a logo. I will not switch

I love LibreOffice and use everyday. You don't have to cloak up your system with software you do not want like PowerPoint or Excel. LibreOffice already have a spreadsheet embedded in there software and it's does everything that Microsoft do.

I really don't see many cons other then it ugly looking. It gives you everything you need to type a document and even a spreadsheet. Now if you need to do a powerpoint or a database then LibreOffice do not have that options and you would need a alternative

Warren
Wizard in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

Fine unless you have large spreadsheets and graphs - then it loses data and crashes

Kommentare: Just today I was updating the global Covid-19 spreadsheet and an entire tab set of graphs were GONE. This is something that will waste over an hour of my time to recreate. The one thing I cannot replace is my time. There was recently an update to the version I am currently using. 7.0.1.2
I installed the update.
All documents were crashing every time I edited one.
I then uninstalled the new version and reinstalled the original.
Open office is far more stable. It does not have the graphic export functionality, but it does not routinely destroy my data.
I guess I will have to spend the money for Excel.

It is free. It creates xml files compatible with the newest versions of MS Office

I use this for creating truly massive spreadsheets. I create large spreadsheets with numerous tabs and lot of historical data tracking Covid-19 Globally, for the U.S. and Texas. From this data I produce graphs and update them daily. I am running a fire breathing (literally heats my office and requires a one ton A/C unit) Mac Pro with 128 GB Ram, dual Xeon processors and a massive graphics adaptor that supports 4k video editing. The spreadsheets crash regularly. They also randomly DELETE graphs. The data set is intact, but the graph is GONE. Anyone who does lots of graphs knows how much work goes into setting one up and tweaking it for presentation.

Nairoby
Nairoby
Consultor in Venezuela
Telekommunikation, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Use makes the expert

- For those who do not know, is the competence of Microsoft Office, open source and I can say with complete certainty that it is very good and can perform almost all the same, if we are casual non-advanced users. - It is easy to install, intuitive and easy to use, it is multiplatform, it comes in different languages, it has a portable version that can be carried on a pendrive. - Currently I use the version Version: 5.0.1.2 and although it is free, I do not have the freedom to update it in the pc of my work. - A great advantage of LibreOffice package tools over your competition, is that I can export to PDF or HTML without installing anything additional, as it is included in your menu. - It is important to familiarize yourself with the format in which the documents are stored as it can be confusing when sharing with another person, usually sent in .odt or in the case of Cal I send it .ods and if by chance they tell me that they can not open it, because what I do is recommend that you download LibreOffice before converting it. - You can make tables, insert images, graphics, make macros, bring templates by default for trades, communications, cards, curriculum, all tools are compatible among themselves, from my point of view has greater variety in fonts. - If you want to start in the world of free software, the first step is to install LibreOffice.

LibreOffice allows you to open a .doc, an .xls, but it is possible that something will move or something will be unraveled at the design level, the content will be there but something can be distorted. Cal has its limitations in terms of macros, the number of columns, has few styles of graphics compared to Excel. The documents in LibreOffice seem to be slower to open.

Rajatkumar
Android Developer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

LibreOffice - A genuine helper

Kommentare: My organization generally follows linux principle to work upon. Opneness of code and development in open source technology like Kubernetes, java, python. Our primary os is Ubuntu. For that reasons, LibreOffice is a natural choice for Office work and collaborative report generations. Overall happy with my choice as libreoffice as it is not expensive as MS Office.

It is freely available. It supports the Windows, Linux both environment. Adaption of notebook bar recently is very helpful in organizing menus and choosing tasks. Most important tool for me as a report maker of whole day work is .. Export to PDF. Portable format support. Rapid and active development of this project is plus one point here. zotero plugin support for libre-office is undeniably useful for researcher and uni students open server collaboration facility is useful for online collaborative work support for wide variety of extension and file format makes it a desirable choice. some small suggestion box and tools are implemented very well targeting the need of end user

some issues are regarding formatting.. several times you get a faded document once you open an MS Word document here. There is compatibility issue with respect to MS format and The document foundation format. ODF formats are not widely acceptable due to dominance of Microsoft Office products. Recent changes in interface are good. but need more of that to match with modern era

Forschung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Does most things. Does them easily. Does them for free.

Kommentare: I have used LibreOffice for years in tandem with Microsoft Office -- largely to do work on personal systems that did not have Microsoft Office licenses. Keeping the limitations of LibreOffice and it's compatibility with Microsoft Office in mind, I have run into few issues using it in this capacity. In many ways, I prefer the more traditional outlook of LibreOffice to Microsoft Office; while Microsoft is switching its software to primarily using cloud-based saving, LibreOffice does not make the maddening assumption that the user will never want to store a file on the local system. And as LibreOffice is regularly updated, I am certain that it will continue to get better, rather than more annoying to use.

LibreOffice is actually a suite of software products. That said, the biggest pro of the entire suite is that it offers virtually all of the functionality found in the Microsoft Office suite at none of the cost. This review focuses on Writer, Calc, and Impress as those are what I use. Writer, in particular, spares no feature I can possibly imagine needing for standard word processing tasks (such as writing reports). Unless there is a specific feature in Word that is needed for something -- what that would even be, I don't know -- Writer does the job just as well. Similar points to Calc and Impress -- although the differences can be a bit more glaring in those cases. Still, for most users in most contexts, the LibreOffice suite is more than suitable. Plus, on Linux, it's really your best and only option.

Navigating the GNUsphere can be a little weird for the uninitiated. For the user reading this review, you likely have knowledge of what you're getting into -- or at least a strong enough interest in using Office software for free to figure it out. However, the code behind formatting rules in Writer, as an example, differs from that of Word even if the actual formatting rules are the same. So sending a LibreOffice-generated document to a colleague using Microsoft Office can sometimes lead to strange formatting problems and additional work. In the case of Calc and Impress, users will likely find that the features simply do not stack up to those offered in Microsoft Office's equivalents. Particularly with Calc, equivalents to certain advanced formulas found in Excel may not exist, or may not operate in the same manner.

Dorothy
Subprioress / Vice President in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Quality, Price Right

Kommentare: We are a small women's monastery and don't have a big budget, so we look for inexpensive but dependable ways to keep costs low. LibreOffice certainly does this. I would recommend it both to individuals and organizations.

LibreOffice is similar to MS Office, enough so that moving from MS to Libre is seamless. Impress (Powerpoint equivalent) works well for slide presentations--and I also use it for desktop publishing. The only function it lacks for that use is text flow from column to column, which I always found troublesome anyway. I've been doing newsletters in Impress for many years and recommend it. I also like Libre because from the beginning it could read .doc and .docx, whereas MS Word has only been able to read open document formats like .odt since 2010. So collaboration with those who use MS products has always been possible, because Libre has always had the ability to save in MS formats. Back when PDF editors were not common, I used first OpenOffice Draw, then LibreOffice Draw to edit PDFs. I find Calc, the spreadsheet part of Libre, good to work with except for one function which I mention below. LibreOffice is open-source software, meaning that anyone who has the skills can contribute to its development. And although The Document Foundation, which manages the development of LibreOffice, always appreciates donations, the software itself is free of charge.

There is one function which may not be missing in Calc, but which for me is more difficult to use than the same function in MS Excel. That is searching for and deleting duplicates, for example in a mailing list. I wouldn't say it's intuitive in either software, but easier for me to figure out in Excel. The only other thing I can say that can, but doesn't always, make for difficulties, is if you are collaborating with a group using mixed operating systems, e.g. Linux and Windows. The versions of LibreOffice for each of these OSes are just slightly different, as one might expect. A certain amount of alertness is necessary when one OS sends a document to another--occasionally formatting can change when opened in Libre on a different OS. But we have not found that to be a big problem although we have used a mix of Linux and Windows for many years.

Alessandro
Student in Italien
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Free, open source, versatile and super compatible Suite

Kommentare: I'm a student and use Writer and Calc on a daily basis and Impress and Base when needed be. They are easy to use, free and compatible with many OS and programs (you can also open .doc documents from Word of the Office suite, for instance).

As mentioned in the title, this software is free, is open source and can ran on every O.S. (be it one of the countless Linux's distributions, Windows or Mac OS). One thing to notice is that this is a complete Suite, not a single software. In fact to my knowledge 6 software are included: - LibreOffice Calc (spreadsheet): it's your daily spreadsheet companion and I think it's actually neater than his cousin from the Office suite... I mean its design is a bit simpler but I like some little things, like having the default shortcut for "save as" as a simple ctrl+shift+S. I mean, everything is about where I would expect it to be. - LibreOffice Writer (for formatted text documents): it's got everything you need for well formatted text documents with images. Set you own style, choose everything bout your text, from font and color up to the detailed hyphenation parameters, write what you need then export your file in pdf if needed be. - LibreOffice Impress (for presentations with slides) - LibreOffice Base (for databases): I don't have that much to say about this module as I haven't used it a lot but from my experience it seems to have all the basic functionalities and is intuitive enough - LibreOffice Math: it's basically a math support useful for writing formulas, and can be used as an integration for the Writer module. Useful if you don't use any LateX or LateX-based software. - LibreOffice Draw (for simple computer graphics): can't say much since I don't think I have ever used it

- About LibreOffice Math: I've hardly ever used though since I find LateX based software a lot more useful and intuitive in case I need to write many formulas and integrate them with the rest of the document... I might reevaluate this module in the future but for the moment. - About LibreOffice Writer: if your document is too long and has many images, the programs gets a little slow, especially when saving (it gets up to 10 seconds for documents of about 50 pages and a good number of figures), so when I use it to write my classes' notes I usually fragmentate them in more than one document. Overall you can create very nice documents but if they are too big and you have a little bit of time I would suggest to use a LateX based program (as mentioned above). - About LibreOffice Calc: I have noticed that if you make many copies of a sheet with graphs and apply some changes, sometimes it doesn't update everithing right away... it looks like, as for writer, very large documents are not (yet, who knows about future versions) advisable.

Harlan
Practice Manager in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Its Free!

Kommentare: The best benefeit of Libre Office is that it is a free download and free to use. For a small buisness it helps to save on the start up costs of an office. I do not miss Microsoft office nor it's expense!

This Office software Product competes favorably against Microsoft Office. It can read Word document files as well as Excel Files and Power point files. You can also create files that The Microsoft Office suite can read

Although the suite of software is Free, The breadth of functionality is quite as good as the Microsoft office suite of software... But its Free!

phil
phil
Public Geek in USA
Bibliotheken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

LibreOffice can be very useful for design

Kommentare: My experience in using LibreOffice for work and personal purposes has been very favorable. I'm grateful that such high quality software is available for free.

LibreOffice is known mostly as a tool for productivity, but I use the LibreOffice Draw program and the LIbreOffice Calc program for design. LibreOffice Draw is a very simple to use vector graphics program that allows you to easily combine images, shapes, and text. I particularly love the "Callout" feature, which lets you add speech bubbles to photos of funny animals. Very useful in elementary school settings. For the past few months, I've been using the LibreOffice Calc program to design fun paper-based math games that I print on letter, legal, and tabloid size paper. I also now print these math games on 3 foot by 8 foot banners. LibreOffice can handle all of this easily.

There are few things I do not like about LIbreOffice. It works well on my Linux, Mac, and Windows computers. Truth be told, I do not use the LibreOffice Database much, but I do not have a current use for that program. I use all other aspects of LibreOffice a lot.

Opeyemi
Opeyemi
English Teacher in Nigeria
Internet, Selbstständig

libreoffice review

This document editing app is simply the best i have ever used. i came across this application as an alternative to the mainstream software when i decided to try Linux and since then i have never gone back. The software is lightweight, easy to use, feature rich, a plethora of helpful options and most of all, it is free. Open source; this software as against the other popular options does not make its users wait a very long time for updates and the regular updates that comes to this software is as a result of how other people with software development knowledge can add features they thought are missing and on and on it goes until the software gets to the very top on the chart of document editing softwares. Spell check integration; what makes writing fun on the libre office is not only the fonts and the many options that aids productivity but also the spell check integration and the uniqueness of this spell checker is the fact that it is not only limited to the writer app, it can be judiciously used in every of the softwares embedded in the libreoffice suite. Cross platform support; finding out that libreoffice is not only limited to the linux operating system heightened my interest even more as having it on the windows platform and on macos means i can do away with the paid alternative i had been putting up with for years now.

is there something i don't like about this software? The answer is no, i love every bit of it as it handles all the task i throw at it as a writer.

Irfan
Irfan
Senior Software Engineer in Pakistan
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best Free alternative of MS Office - Plus great option to use for Linux User

Kommentare: Its my daily routine as a Linux user to use LibreOffice because of its extensive features and because most of the times clients use MS Office so I can easily open and edit files sent by my clients to me using LibreOffice. Great free and opensource alternative as I said before to MS Office

- One of the major benefit of LibreOffice is cross platform availability because it is available on Linux, Windows and Mac. Because I am a Linux user so I am using LibreOffice since long time and it has great features just like Ms Office does - Completely free and full feature which is a huge plus. Also Ms Office documents can easily be opened and edited using LibreOffice too - A huge opensource community uses LibreOffice and because of it there are a lot of templates available for Word and Impress (MS PowerPoint equivalent). - It also supports free plug-ins ans using these plug-ins core functionality can be extended - You can convert documents to PDF very easily like on one click which is great especially because its totally free

- On opening MS Office files sometimes little layout issues can occur for Word and Spreadsheets - No Outlook and OneNote equivalent available which is kind of an issue for Linux Users like myself - For MS Office users or other beginners it can be difficult to learn some of the advanced features of LibreOffice