Über Website Toolbox

Der einfachste Weg, ein Community-Forum in der Cloud zu erstellen. Keine Programmierkenntnisse, Software oder Server erforderlich. Vollständige Anpassbarkeit und Integration.

Erfahre mehr über Website Toolbox

This is where they truly excel. Crazy attention to detail has been built into the platform, features that forum admins won't even think of, are already a part of their default settings.

People complain it’s hard to follow conversations. I also do not like not being able to customize the url.

Bewertungen zu Website Toolbox

Website Toolbox hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 118 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Website Toolbox bereits verwendet?

Nickolas
Publisher & CEO in USA
Verlagswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy, Attractive, and Terrific Customer Service

Kommentare: Just brilliant. The embeddable forum looks like a natural extension of my site. Customers love being able to keep in touch with each other.

I have a group of dedicated users who love forums. I searched for an attractive forum that could be embedded directly into my existing site. Even before the free trial was over, I knew that I would be purchasing from Website Toolbox. The options to make attractive forums really appealed to me, and setting up the forum was a snap. One of my users requested a feature (to embed Spotify playlists). I passed that along to the Dev team. I was told it might take 2-3 months, but they would work on it. Surprisingly, they got the feature built that same day! I was stunned!

My moderators can't seem to delete posts.

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Thanks for the wonderful comments! A moderator can delete a post by following these instructions: https://www.websitetoolbox.com/support/how-do-i-delete-a-postreply-49 Please make sure the moderator has the "Delete posts" permission for that category. Feel free to contact the support team if you need any assistance with setting that up correctly!

Informationsdienst, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

WebsiteToolbox for SaaS forums is great.

Kommentare: The value for the money is incredible. Especially when we considered the cost of DevOps running our own / hosting our own forums (which we did prior to moving to WebsiteToolbox). They make it so easy, and their servers are always up. We are pleased with the support, and the fact that every time we contact them we get a human on the other end who knows what they are talking about. They have knowledgable staff, kind and considerate. We would highly recommend their solution to any company wanting to have forums (internal or external)

We like the ease of setup and the fact that the forums can be embedded on your own website. We don't use the embed feature (we have in the past with great success). We love the technical support. They are always ready to answer questions. We really love the fact that this seems to be one of a few SaaS vendors that offers Premium Feature Request Estimates and build outs. I really wish other SaaS vendors had this. For this one reason alone - we are pleased with the customizations they've provided.

Can be a bit difficult to adjust the CSS and layout of the categories page to just the way we wanted it. We needed custom JavaScript to embed our Vimeo Help Videos (cutting down on our help-desk tickets). The advanced search could be improved just a bit, and they need a few more features around moderation.

Kelly
Web Specialist in USA
Sportartikel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Basic Forum

Kommentare: We used the forums for years until they increased the prices by 900%. Once set up the forums pretty much ran themselves with occasional moderation from us. It had been an affordable, convenient service until it wasn't.

Allowed us to add a forum to our website which would not allow 3rd apps.

Management of admins and moderators are a bit confusing. Forum control is separate from the account control.

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Hi Kelly! To help you achieve your goals, we decided not to increase your forum subscription's cost over the past 18 years that you have been our client even though our pricing plans have increased several times over the years. As we emailed you recently before the increase, to be able to continue to ensure great results for customers like you, your monthly price was modestly increased. It was not increased anywhere near 900%. The pricing plan you're on still represents a 50% discount on the pricing plans we currently have for new clients. I'm sorry that we were not able to keep you on the same pricing that you were paying 18 years ago. Our costs have increased since then, and we've added many new themes and features over the years. This update will allow us to deliver even more value for your subscription. We appreciate your business and are glad that we were able to provide the platform that you could grow your forum on. Your forum does support app integration via Zapier.

Bjorn
CEO in Australien
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product, great team

It's always a pleasure dealing with your team. I am a big fan of your platform.

Lack of built-in affiliate referral capabilities

vor 4 Monaten

Thank you Bjorn! We're in the process of developing built-in affiliate referral capabilities.

Linda
Education Coordinator in Kanada
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic online support for a forum that is so Clear and Simple to Set Up and Use

Kommentare: The main benefit is in building an interactive online learning community.
Another benefit is that sometimes the discussions can easily be edited into collaboratively written articles.

This Discussion Forum can easily be organized according to 3 levels (and more if you want to get more complex). This makes it so easy for us to organize discussions that follow our course curriculum. The website toolbox staff provide fantastic online support.

Although it is possible to create different user groups and run two or more separate discussion forums with the same account - this is cumbersome and stressful. So we have arranged at custom alternative with Website Toolbox.

Tanya
Graphic / Web Designer in USA
Kunst & Handwerk, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Very strong forum utility with outstanding customer support

Kommentare: We use Website Toolbox as our company's user forum - we contacted them in the midst of a site re-design, requesting assistance with porting *years* of past historical forum posts and user accounts from a crumbling platform crippled by spam users, not expecting that they not only could do this, but facilitated it and lost no data. Customer support with this company is consistently the best I've experienced in 20+ years as a web developer - highly responsive, very knowledgeable, does not drop the ball on issues. Any questions I've had have been answered promptly and thoroughly, any issues have been rectified. Our website is well over 500 pages, with full e-comm and locator functionality - of the four main components I deal with in managing the project, Website Toolbox's user forum is the least costly, least time consuming, highest performing component, hands down.

Features, ease of use, simplicity of admin console, cost, customer support , ability to customize

Not applicable - it checks all the boxes in terms of what we need and then some, and far exceeds expectations on customer support.

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Wow! Thanks for those extremely kind words Tanya! It's reviews like yours that make all of the hard work worth it! :)

Laura
Web Designer in USA
Immobilien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

HOA Forum

Kommentare: This is probably way more than we need for 72 homeowners, but I think it really speaks to the ability to scale this product to your needs.

We had to have a forum for our HOA. After I built a squarespace website, I added the forum using Website Toolbox. I can't be happier with how well it works for our community. I love the features and the ability to quickly add and delete users.

There was a bit of a learning curve. But, there's always someone to quickly help.

Rundfunkmedien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Website Toolbox

Kommentare: The overall platform has worked well for what we needed. I did have a period of time that users were unable to login and our forum was inactive for about a month. Besides the few small glitches I have had, it has been a great product and the customer service works hard to solve your issues.

The customer service is amazing. They're always quick to respond and handle your issues.

Functionality can, at times, be unstable if you embed into a Wordpress site. You cannot use your theme builder to change the page or the code will be damaged. All design of the page must be handled through Website Toolbox. This may not be an issue for other site builders.

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Thanks for your wonderful comments! We definitely do strive to have amazing customer support! Thanks for reporting the issue regarding not being able to use the WordPress theme builder without it damaging your embed code. I've escalated that to our Quality Assurance team for investigation. Can you contact our support team regarding this at https://www.websitetoolbox.com/contact so that they can discuss with you if they have any difficulty reproducing the issue? Thanks!

Performance Advancement Coordinator in USA
Öl & Energie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Forum

Kommentare: We just use it as a conversation and communication tool.

Able to have different topics and subjects.

Not easy to get a list of users so a mass email can be sent.

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Hi Jeff, Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad Website Toolbox has been useful for your group. You can email your users through the admin area by going to the Users -> Email section. If you click on the View Email Addresses link, it'll even give you a full list of the email addresses in case you want to use a different email system to email the users. Alternatively, you can download your entire members list in the Content -> Export section of the admin area. You can open it up in a spreadsheet program or even in a database. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this process.

V.P. in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Customer service

Kommentare: I like it.

I like the ease of use But I have found the cuztomer service to be the best part of websits toolbox.

The template (theme) I chose is limited. And I do t want to change it but it will not allow me to add links.

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Hi Jeff, Thanks for your feedback, and your wonderful comments regarding our customer service and ease of use. You can follow these instructions to add links to the navigation menu of your forum: https://www.websitetoolbox.com/support/adding-a-link-to-the-navigation-menu-616 Please also check out the two new themes called Classic and Material that we've launched over the last few months. We're also in the final stages of launching several new themes called Minimal, Lights Out, and Compact. Next week we'll also be launching the newest and most powerful version of our easy theme editor, which gives you even more control over the appearance of your forum.

Petra
secretary of mon profit in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Issues with email receiving

Kommentare: Useful but too many issies

Ease of use and set up. Setting it up and customizing it was easy.

A large number of people i forum do not reveive emails, and no fix is offered. Fixes are offered only on individual basis when tech support is contacted reg a certain user.

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Thanks for your review Petra! I'm glad that setting up and customizing the forum was easy for you! We've recently worked to make any email delivery issues very transparent to the user. If the email isn't received due to a returned email from the email provider (full inbox, non-existent email address, etc.) , we show a message to the user informing them of that when they log in to the forum. In the next few weeks, we'll also be making a change that will show a notification in the forum Notifications menu if a user is unsubscribed from any type of email due to the email being returned as spam either because the email provider returned it as spam or the user marked it as spam. This way it'll be super clear why an email wasn't received by a specific user. We're also constantly monitoring email delivery to email providers to ensure that your forum maintains the highest possible email reputation score to ensure successful email delivery.

Nicholas
N/A in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Feedback

The ability to add HTML/CSS to format the look of the site to match own personal website.

The default layouts (aesthetically speaking). They look dated and have some CSS-clunkiness to them.

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Hi Nicholas! Thanks for your 5-star review! I'm glad that you've been able to customize the forum to match your website. Please check out our new themes called Classic, Playtime, Material, Angela, and Modern Elegance that we've launched over the last few months. We're also in the final stages of launching several new themes called Minimal, Lights Out, and Compact. We recent launched the newest and most powerful version of our easy theme editor, which gives you even more control over the appearance of your forum.

Sean
Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good for basic forum software

Inexpensive, yet had the basics we needed. Fairly easy to use out of the gate.

Interface seemed a little outdated, but this didn't affect how I used it.

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Hi Sean, It's great to hear that you think Website Toolbox is great value for the money and that it was easy to use from the get go. Please check out the two new themes called Classic and Material that we've launched over the last few months for a fresh new interface. We're also in the final stages of launching several new themes called Minimal, Lights Out, and Compact. This year we're also planning to launch a complete redesign of the admin area!

Halima
Team Lead in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My review so far

Kommentare: I feel okay about it. I've seriously considered changing

The ability to choose themes and ease of matching my website theme.

- Not being able to see metrics of emails sent from my forum, who's viewing them and who's not - Little odd behaviors like not showing all posts in a category when sub-categories exist - Bigger variety of custom themes

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Hi Halima! I'm glad you've liked being able to choose themes and make them match your website! Thanks for the great feedback regarding wanting more themes and for categories to list the topics from their subcategories. The good news is that we have 2 new themes ("Lights Out" and "Compact") currently under quality assurance testing, so they'll be launched soon! Other themes are under development. We plan to launch many of new themes over the next several months. The second great news is that the change to make categories list topics from their subcategories is already developed and in the final stage of quality assurance testing. It should be launched within the next one to two weeks! Feel free to contact us directly with any other awesome feedback that you have. Thanks!

Clay
Administrator in USA
Musik, Selbstständig

Easy to set up. Lots of options.

Kommentare: I run a fan forum out of my pocket. This is inexpensive in relative terms to others I’ve seen. It gives me options to customize to the fan experience.

It’s easy to set up and I’m not a web developer by any sense.

I had a hard time sizing it width wise at first but figured it out.

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Thanks for the excellent review Clay! It's great to hear that you've found Website Toolbox to be easy to set up, fully featured, and inexpensive!

Steve
Admin in UK
Essen & Trinken, Selbstständig

What a fantastic company

Kommentare: Excellent customer care, very affordable and really friendly people to deal with. The customer service people are mind blowing good and nothing is a problem. Many thanks to the reps.

Very easy to use and the back up from support is second to none.

Nothing at all, very easy to use, a total amateur can set this up from scratch in under a hour easily.

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Thanks for the flattering feedback Steve!

Allen
Product Manager in USA
Industrieautomation, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Support Forum for Industrial Automation

Kommentare: We are still growing our presence among our customers with the forum. I hope to start using it more effectively in the future.

It is fairly easy to setup and get going. The process to approve users and organize the forum are easy.

The customer support is slow sometimes. The SOE didn't work very well for a long time.

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Thanks for your feedback Allen! I'm glad you've found the forum to be easy to use and set up! Our live chat support is available 17 hours per day and provides immediate responses. Email support is often replied to within 12 hours, but can take up to 24 hours depending on if our development team needs to get involved. We will continually work to provide the fastest support possible.

Tim
Administrator in USA
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Great Forum Providor

Kommentare: WT has been responsive to any problems. Great experience as we enter out 10th year with them.

This has a great administrative section with easy to follow instructions. Easy to assign moderators.

Not much I don't like. Great management!

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Hi Tim! Thanks so much for being with us for a decade. Wow, that's amazing! Congratulations on a flourishing forum!

Ian
CEO in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Excellent service and product

The software does everything needed and is a 10 out of 10. But where it really shines is when you have an issue or question and you need to contact support. They are always extremely courteous, helpful and do their best to assist you. That makes it an 11 out of 10! Highly recommended.

I am hoping that they change the format of the emails so that they have a summary/index at the top which makes it easier to use like competitors do.

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Hi Ian, Thanks for your amazing 11 out of 10 review! I'm glad you've loved our support team. :) We've recorded your feedback and are considering it for future revisions.

General Manager in USA
Sport, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and affordable Forum Software!

Kommentare: Great forum software for those that do not want to host their own server. Easy to use. Helpful tech support.

Easy to implement and use. Affordable. Great tech support.

An android app with push notifications would be a great compliment.

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Thanks for your excellent review David! It's awesome to see that you think we're affordable, easy to use, and have great tech support! Push notifications are available on Android using the Web Push Notifications feature. Any forum on the Growth or Pro plan has access to that feature. We're working on an Android app!

Tobias
Head of Sales and Marketing in UK
Biotechnologie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to integrate system

Kommentare: We have been using Website Toolbox for nearly two years now. It was easy to integrate and we have are super happy so far.

It is easy to integrate and to customize and it brings a wide range fo features.

Besides integrating it easily, it has a not so easy to use interface. A huge range of funcionality which is difficult to explore.

Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Seamless First Forum

Kommentare: I've never created a forum before and I'm glad Website Toolbox was there for this! It made what seemed like it would be a daunting task so easy. Along with alll the integrations offered, WT is full of features I feel like I need to explore more, but it already works so well! I like the control you have over these features, the forum itself, and the backend. My users are also very happy too! I don't think I could have created a better forum with something else, but I haven't explored other options - too happy with this. =)

All the features and the control of them, all the integrations available, social/one log in for users, overall usability for users (like how it brings you back to where you left off in a thread), monetization opportunities.

Not much - I guess admin panel is a bit clunky, could be a bit more aesthetically pleasing.

Kev
Adminstrator in UK
Automotive, Selbstständig

A none IT person in IT land

Kommentare: This is not a business, but a forum for Motorhome owners and the overall experience is excellent.

It is generally easy to use, I have a few issues now and then ably fixed by the team.

I am using a quite old theme which my members like, and our wants and needs are sometimes impossible to fill.

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Hi Kev, Thanks for your 5-star review and your flattering comments! I'd definitely recommend giving one of our newer themes a try. They are much more feature rich!

Colton
Founder in USA
Computerspiele, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Wish I could give it 10 stars

Kommentare: Let me start off by saying I have absolutely 0 experience in coding of any sort. The website I built for my community was easier than making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Every single time I ran into an issue I messaged the live support team (Austin) and he responded instantly ever time with a solution. The price is also fits my budget I'm surprised of how cheap it was actually for having 17 hour live support every day. Thanks for all the help my website looking better than I ever expected!

Easy to set up the website with 0 experience and 24 hour live support

Thought this one through and I have nothing negative to say

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Hi Colton! We should put that on our marketing material! "Easier than making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!" I love it! Thanks so much for the kind words. I also agree that our support team is amazing! They definitely deserve a raise! Have a fantastic day!

Dianne
Web Designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Website Toolbox User

Kommentare: Overall, the product delivered what my client needed in a forum. They are pleased.

-- Easy setup -- Easy to understand how components work -- Most features I wanted were included -- Interface was easy to customize -- Customer support was responsive -- Online hosting -- Security

-- Couldn't customize some of the core terminology -- Couldn't see where to customize using CSS -- Wish I had more control over the CSS

Antwort von Website Toolbox

Hi Dianne! Thanks for the review! It's always great to hear that Website Toolbox was easy to set up, understand, and customize! It's great that the features, security, and customer support team have been what you're looking for. Please refer to these support articles for information on how to customize and add CSS: https://www.websitetoolbox.com/support/?q=css