Über GDevelop

Open-Source-Tool für die Erstellung mobiler, HTML5- und nativer Spiele mit vorgefertigten Objekten und Fähigkeiten. Keine Programmierung erforderlich.

Erfahre mehr über GDevelop

It is easy to use and creating basic games from a template it quite handy, The community is growing which is a good sign.

I dont like not be able to make zoom when i am adding an object.

Bewertungen zu GDevelop

GDevelop hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 218 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du GDevelop bereits verwendet?

Shelby
Shelby
Customer Support Representative in Kanada
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

GDevelop Stands Out in Game Development

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

GDevelop is great for its user-friendly interface and no-coding-required approach, making it accessible to me, a beginner. I really enjoy its powerful and flexible event system supports both visual scripting and JavaScript so I have the option to choose between VS and JS. The platform's ability to export games to multiple platforms is also incredibly helpful since doing that process myself is complicated and difficult. The extensive documentation, tutorials, and a built-in asset library really helped me learn the software and jump into making games immediately. I also appreciate the open-source community that ensures continuous updates and improvements. Overall, it's an amazing piece of game development software.

I'm personally not a fan of the engine being marketed as 'free'. It is partially true, there is a free tier but a lot of features are locked away behind pay walls like publishing games to IOS. I understand that running this software is expensive and staff need to be compensated but marketing it as free feels a little dishonest to people just learning about the software.

Stefan
Lead Designer in Deutschland
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

3 Commercial Games Shipped on Steam

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I created and shipped 3 fully developed indie games with GDevelop over the course of 7 years, to critical aclaim by fans. I couldn't have done that with any other engine. Gdevelop made it possible to develop the second game (Red-Tether) in only 7 months, shipping 2000+ units and reaching 98% favorable reviews. Overall the engine is extremely efficient and well suited to make professional 2d games in short timeframes.

Very fast development cycle, easy to use, lots of tutorials and explanations on the wiki. The no code aspect is developed the the fullest, in contrast to other engines I tried. GDevelop actually does allow you to make full comercial games without actual programming.

My main grope with GDevelop is that version 4 is unfortunately is no longer supported, eventually preventing me from updating my existing games made in that version. In some regards it also feels like a superior version in terms of usability. GDevelop 5 is slower than 4 in some regards and at times it feels like using a badly optimized website instead of a desctop app. It struggles when project get to substantial sizes. This causes things like massive delays to simple tasks like opening variable list, failing to load event sheets in their entirety or scrolling to random events when using cntrl+z. Loading external data through xml was more flexible in GDevelop 4 and some aspect of the animation viewer where more streamlined.

Mercedes
CEO in Kanada
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

I liked it when they were 2d focussed

3,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Just a bummer, helper [sensitive content hidden] being the face of literally everything doesn't help, might as well call it [sensitive content hidden]develop

The reason I picked it over Godot was because it seemed like it was doing a good job caring about 2D,

but it seems they've swapped all their attention to 3D which honestly seems pretty dumb given the target demo was I thought supposed to be individuals or small teams.

Massimo
Game Designer in Deutschland
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

The best No-Code engine and it's not even close

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

GDevelop is a No-Code engine, but still feels like a coding engine, and I mean that in the best way possible. Unlike other visual coding engines, it doesn't overcomplicate things by having the code displayed in trees or graphs; it just has all the code as a list from top to bottom like in standard coding. I have been working on two commercial games in GDevelop that have totally different genres and every single feature I wanted to implement was possible; after two years I still have to find the limits to this software (expect for the one point mentioned in my Cons section).

By far my biggest gripe with GDevelop is its lack of console support. Games developed in C#-based engines can be ported to consoles like the Nintendo Switch or the Ps4/5 more easily, but since GDevelop is based on Javascript, the process of porting the game to consoles is very convoluted and hard.

Gdevelop review after using it for 2 years

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall, I think the game engine is pretty good. Of course, there is always room for improvement, but even at its current state, gdevelop is a masterpiece, and providing it for free is an incredible feat. Just keep adding new features and updating, and you will be motivated to work even harder to improve it, knowing that your software is loved by so many.

Pros: If I have to summarize my whole game development journey, the pros I felt were Gdevelop being free and open source compared to all other no-code game engines. No one on the market is as good as Gdevelop, plus it is no-code, which makes it way less complicated, and its drag-and-drop nature makes it a perfect go-to engine for your 2D game.

Cons: The things I dislike about Gdevelop are as follows: first, their pricing. Recently, while I understand that they rely on donations and subscriptions to support their business model, the issue is that it is no longer very affordable. The increase in subscription prices is very noticeable. I hope you guys work on it. Secondly, I dislike Gdevelop's 3D compatibility. 3D still lacks many basic features, but I also understand that it is a 2D engine after all, and 3D is very new for them too.

Alan
Chief Petty Officer in UK
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, Selbstständig

A perfect entry to game development for anyone

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I have had a blast using it and would recommend it to anyone. I've created a large number of prototypes and using GDevelop has even encouraged me to get into 3D art again as I have the time to work on the art now it doesn't take me hours to make a game in other engines!

The ability to cloud save is amazing. It allows me to develop on my PC or Mac or even phone/tablet without having to worry about GitHub or similar online saving. An in built art creation and editing tool is great to have and Piskel, built into GDevelop, is an amazing tool. Such a powerful tool. A simple ability to add new objects as assets either provided on the GDevelop Asset Store or my own assets is easy to use and clear to integrate. Adding new conditions and events make a lot of sense, and everything is contextual which means debugging is usually only required to ensure everything is happening in the right order. You can put together a prototype that you can expand upon in no time at all.

I wish there were more in built tutorials on some of the more difficult aspects - especially 3D. I understand 3D is new but creating 3D FPS or 3rd Person Controllers would be an amazing addition.

Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Best no code game engine

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Amazing. I always enjoy to test ideas in this engine and work on very interesting prototypes. Almost every game idea that I had can be complete develop in this engine. It's easy and powerful.

No code easy workflows. You can have a working prototype very quickly. It's easy to understand. It's intuitive. There are a good amount of people helping each other in the web. Mostly all of my questions have been answered in the web (social forums)

The only downside I have encounter is the lack of complex design objects. For example, creating a card game it's hard since I did not found a way to create a "Card object" that is composed of text and graphic independent elements that I could interact, and at the same time be part of a single card. Like prefab on unity or object nodes in godot.

Rami
Game Designer in Finnland

What an awesome product to make games with <3

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Highly recommend this engine to anyone interested in making games

Fast prototyping iteration, ease of use with no-code environment. Active helpful community where the creators of GDevelop are actively present.

Some features lacking like the use of sprite sheets.

Mostafa
Owner in Ägypten
Programmentwicklung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best No code engine ever

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Ease of use you don't have to know how to code to make your first game it's just about concept

3d environment that its not like the other engines in seeing your 3d project while placing stuff

Miska
- in Tschechien
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Great! (Very good)

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Very good, Very simple, Fun to use!

It's simple, and fun to use!!! .

I think 3D. But it's ok.

Oğuz
Game Designer in Irland
Computerspiele, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

An In-depth Review of GDevelop: A Powerful and Intuitive Game Development Platform

Kommentare: GDevelop is an open-source game development platform that provides users with a comprehensive set of tools to quickly and easily create highly polished 2D games. It offers a comprehensive set of tools for designing and developing 2D games, ranging from a visual editor for creating and editing game levels, to a powerful scripting language for customizing game mechanics. GDevelop also offers a wide range of built-in features for creating various types of games, such as arcade and platformers.

The key positive aspect of GDevelop is its user-friendly interface, which makes it easy to get started with game development. Even novice developers can quickly become comfortable with the platform, as the interface is intuitive and straightforward. GDevelop also provides a range of tutorials to help users learn how to use the platform, as well as a large community of developers who are willing to share their knowledge and offer advice and support.

The main negative aspect of GDevelop is that it is not as powerful as some of its competitors. While it can be used to create basic 2D games, it lacks the advanced features of more powerful platforms, such as Unity or Unreal Engine. This can limit the scope of the platform.

Lucius
Freelancer in USA

A thorough review of Gdevelop

Kommentare: Overall, I have been using Gdevelop for a little over 5 years now and in all my time of using it, I have never once felt that it has let me down. Ever since the beginning it was one of the most beginner friendly and easy to work with/understand game engine I have ever worked with. I have made so many games over the years and have learned so much. Crazy enough as it sounds, despite being a no-code engine, learning the Gdevelop events sheet has actually made it significantly easier when I started learning coding languages such as JavaScript and C#. I also really love watching Gdevelop grow and update more and more over time. There are so many new features and changes that have been added since I first started, and all for the better. In turn I have also seen my games getting better and higher quality due to my skills increasing and being given more access to new tools. In conclusion, I personally love Gdevelop and it easily fits my every need when developing games.

I love it's simple and easy to understand interface as well as it's kind and welcoming community. I can't stress enough how natural it feels to use Gdevelop compared to other game engines. Everything just flows so nicely and even at times when I run into roadblocks, there is always someone willing to help out.

Despite all of the absolutley spectacular things about Gdevelop, nothing will ever be perfect. However, Gdevelop sure isn't too far from perfect in my eyes. My only real complaints is that occasionally the built in pixel art editor "Piskel" will crash after I press undo "Ctrl + Z". Which in turn makes me lose any progress I made to the sprite I was editing or drawing. Again though, this does happen quite rarely.

vor 8 Monaten

Thank you so much for the kind, detailed review!

Leah
Game Developer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Best 2D Game Engine Hands Down

Kommentare: I would highly recommend this engine to anyone who wants to learn game development or wants to try out 2D development. GDevelop is inexpensive and a fantastic starting point for devs and makes game development accessible.

GDevelop holds a special place in my heart. It is so easy to pick up and make games in, even if you have no coding experience making game development accessible for once. Recently they started adding 3D game development into the engine, I am extremely excited for the future of the engine.

I hope to one day see implementation of sprite strip / tileset editors in the IDE like Gamemaker has. It can be a pain to cut up every tileset and import each frame of a player or enemy animation.

Ben
Founder in USA
Computerspiele, Selbstständig

Gdevelope got me back into game design!

Kommentare: I have been using G develop as my primary engine and I have completed one game and I have started on another, which is going to be my first actual game release.

I tried game design on unreal engine 4, and it was kind of difficult to use. I only used the no code portion of the engine, but it was still so complex, and I was new to game development. I kind of quit because I got nowhere in Unreal engine 4 after about five years. When I started, GDeveloped, I just fell in love with the engine because it was so simple. I actually created basically a full game in a couple months as opposed to years without a success.

One of the things that unreal has that G developer doesn’t, or at least I don’t know how to use it much and it seems a little bit complicated in the engine. That is the debugging feature. And you, E4, you can run the engine and then look at the code, and it will show real time the engine processing the code, which helps you see where your hiccups are, this was my favorite feature of you in for, and it would be really cool if GDevelop could implement something like that.

vor 8 Monaten

We have a built-in debugger! Check the wiki and documentation for more information on how to use it.

Karter
Lead Designer in USA

Gdevelops main perfections

Kommentare: It has been amazing. There has been so many memories I've made using Gdevelop. It makes me so happy to be on this site!

I personally loved that it's free! While designing I truly wish I could just say thank you to gdevelop! I have recommended to many people and it just makes me so joyed to read deep into the update logs!

I feel that I wish that they would urger users to read up or learn more about the tools and to not be afraid to start new.

Cillian
Game Developer in Irland
Computerspiele, Selbstständig

One of the best No Code Game Engines.

Kommentare: Delighted with it as an engine, the community is amazing and I have made great friends through interaction on their forums and discord. I will take part in every GDevelop Gamejam and community event as they are such positive things for both adoption of the engine, pushing it further tech wise and growing the community.

The software is amazingly easy to use, the event sheets are great, my favorite thing compared to competitors is how easy they make user based extensions using the visual scripting solutions, and the amount that are freely available from the community built into the engine.

The event sheets are still missing some UX/UI elements compared to the current "king" of event sheets being Construct 3. The 3D features are impressive but are in an infancy state compared to much of the engine.

Computerspiele, Selbstständig

Gdevelop its the most intuitive engine

- Easy to understand project structure- Easy to understand no-code funtions- Ability to insert javascript code for more complex functions.- Community extension expands the engine functionality

- The 3D need a little bit of work to be on the same leve of 2D on the engine.- Only P2P supported natively, requires community extensions to use other type of networkings.

Content Creator in USA

Glad I found GDevolop

Kommentare: Overall, I'm very happy I found GDevelop. I've tried similar products (Construct) but there is just so much more (and more value) available at GDevelop. I've bounced around several different game engines and languages, but I think this one is a keeper!

I enjoyed the "onboarding" with the helpful tutorials to help explain how the development environment works. Also, I really enjoy the videos at YouTube, they keep me learning along the way.

I'm still learning, but the only thing that sticks out so far is the handling of tables/arrays could be a little more intuitive. I'm starting to figure out how GDevelop handles tables, but there's still something missing. Hard to explain.

Reyaan
Video game programer. in Indien
Programmentwicklung, Selbstständig

Honest review about the magnificiant GDevelope. ✔✔✔✔✔

Kommentare: GDevelope is one of the most engaging and friendly software which is great for beginners and pros, the best things/features we like about GDevelope is:1. The community2. The features3. The low price.4. The pre built modules5. GDevelope :D

I personaly like the way how friendly and angaging the GDevelope features and communities are. They are open for the people starting from newbies to the very expert programers. The pre-build modules are excellent for the newbie programers to grasp on what are the foundations of building and animating modules.

Even though there are only few countable errors or things us the community don't like that are limited feature, all good/smooth features are premium that is paying money for them. Only these minor mistakes are hated by the community.

Wendy
owner in USA

Easy to learn and use

Kommentare: Easy. That is the great part, the tutorial makes this engine easy to learn and use.

the ease of publishing and creating games makes this engine great for prototyping.

going from coding to no coding took the most time.

Beth W
Beth W
Digital Creator in Kenia
Unterhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

An easy to use engine for building mobile app games.

Kommentare: GDevelop allows us to become creative in building games. It helps us to come up with very futuristic yet easy to use apps for our clients.

Being an open-source platform, GDevelop offers flexibility when creating games making it possible for us to come up with very unique and futuristic games for our clients. It is so easy to use, has an intuitive user interface and no coding is needed. The amazing part of using GDevelop is all the games we create are compatible on all devices and platforms.

The experience I have with GDevelop is so perfect and i have nothing i hate about it.

Milton
Game Developer in Brasilien

Gdevelop enthusiast

We can starting develop at first day, learn and instant use.

Team work, it is hard to manager. Need a better way to work as a team.

vor 8 Monaten

Team management has been added! Check out the new pricing page for more details.

James
Library Tech in USA
Bibliotheken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great teaching environment for children wanting to move beyond Scratch, but not ready for coding.

Kommentare: It is a perfect fit for our STEAM programming classes. I don't ever know what type of game the class will develop as we start with Concept Ideas, Prototyping and Development. Gdevelop's flexibility lets us go many directions from resource management, to top down adventures, to platform games. While I occasionally have to step in and lower the students expectations, that is usually a time restriction rather lack of GDevelop's capabilites.

It provides all the features for complete 2d games without overwhelming my elementary students. It's development and capabilities have sky-rocketed over the last couple of years and I'm excited to see where it heads from here.

While I occasionally come across bugs in the different exports they are either quickly resolved or adequate work around offered.

vor 8 Monaten

Hi James! Thank you for choosing to use GDevelop in the classroom! I'd love to speak with you about the work that you do, and perhaps even feature it on our blog if you'd like! Let me know if you're in.

Kulinda
Head of Digital in Sri Lanka
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easiest game development platform!

I love using Gdevelop to make branded games. As an marketer I do not get much time to study complex game development platforms. But Gdevelop is very easy to use. You don’t need coding at all to make a very creative game.

Nothing much to be honest. I wish if there would be more guides on features.

vor 8 Monaten

Hi Kulinda! I'd love to talk to you about your experience with GDevelop and the work that your company does. Let me know if you're interested!

Binigya
Game Developer in Nepal
Computerspiele, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Insanely fast and easy software to make casual games

Kommentare: It was a surprisingly fun experience while making games with GDevelop. It will be my tool to make simple lightweight games, especially for the Facebook Messenger.

I loved that GDevelop is really intuitive and amazingly fast. It is a pleasant experience even in the browser version to make games using this fun tool. The ready-made behaviours make prototyping a snap and the syntax employed to create your own logic is really easy to get started with. I made a simple platformer and a top down 2D shooter with the help of its ready-made behaviours and writing my own custom behaviours on this. Also, exporting to different platforms is a delight, including the Facebook messenger. GDevelop touts itself as "The game engine for everyone", and I can certainly see that it is doing all the right things to make game development more accessible for all.

GDevelop has limitations, and lots of it. You can't do 3D, can't do complex games, imcomplete javascript integration, no robust Physics and Particles system to make it a serious consideration for making a moderately feature rich game.