Social-Forward Healthcare

Kyle M.
LPC, Supervising Counselor
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have had VERY few hiccups with quality, connectivity, and other technical issues, but they appeared to be concentrated around the time a major overhaul of the aesthetics and features was taking place. I love it, my patients love it, and my staff love it. We have attempted other programs with "better" functions, but those fell with empty promises and the "added functionality" was marketed to make work flow simpler, but they were just so much more confusing than Doxy. We are really please with Doxy, and don't foresee a change in any near future.

Vorteile: I love the simplicity for patients to be able to access my virtual waiting room from anywhere. The features, as needed, is a great functional option; we're a nonprofit clinic and don't need all the features every day and don't need the cost to branch over every day. So, having the option to have them for a particular day is best for growth for any sized company and in any direction. Several other products were charging upwards of $300 per month when it was just me trying to reach patients in rural farming communities to prevent 3 hour travel times to get to the office. Doxy saved the day. Tele-health should be for ALL, not only those willing to pay the cost for convenience.

Nachteile: Not much; I do wish the app was still around. That made it easier for Providers on tablets, and notification when the Patient is in while multitasking.

von Doxy.me an 3.4.2019

Hi Kyle!

Thanks so much for the review! We are so glad doxy.me is fitting your needs. We also believe telemedicine should be for all!

Why I like Doxy.me

Bewertet am 1.9.2019
Pamela E.
Psychotherapist, Counselor
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Well, I do video conferencing with my therapy clients. I was living in the Bay Area, and have since moved to a more rural area. But several of my clients wanted to continue therapy, and this has been great for us. In addition, the rural area I'm in has a lot of people in mountainous regions around me where there are few mental health care services; so, they are able to have therapy services through video. It's pretty awesome. Doxy.me has helped make that possible.

Vorteile: I like the ease of use mostly. I don't do a lot of fancy things. I just connect to clients, and we talk. Client can talk to me from any browser on any device, so it's portable. They just need access to the internet. I've never had a problem with the connection being too slow or dropping because of Doxy. Comcast, however, is another story...:-)

Nachteile: I honestly can't think of anything. If I had something to say about this, I certainly would, but I don't. :-)

von Doxy.me an 4.9.2019

Thanks for the great review! We are so glad you can keep seeing patients after you have moved!

Easy to use.

Bewertet am 14.5.2018
Michelle G.
M.D.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Videoconferencing with clients.

Vorteile: Hipaa compliant. Free option, some paid features. No software required- runs on internet browser. Good mobile app. No log-in code required for each session . Clients don't have to register. Clients can log into the "waiting room" at any time. Custom virtual waiting room. You can message clients in the system.

Nachteile: Only runs on certain internet browsers. If I open another program (Skype, Facetime), I generally have to reboot my computer for Doxy to recognize my microphone again. Video and audio quality varies - often freezes up. Freezing up may be in part due to either my internet speed or the client's internet speed, so I am not sure how they could fix this. They do offer different quality levels (to match the internet speed) however on the paid version.

von Doxy.me an 4.6.2018

Thank you for your review! Have you ever taken our diagnostic tests for freezing video? You can find a link at help.doxy.me! Doxy.me works on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

1st time review

Bewertet am 1.2.2017
Ed M.
Director of community Psychiatry
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a university based, urban psychiatry dept with the largest psych residency in the midwest. we have been using tel-psych services for ER, inpt., outpt & home based services. It has expanded the reach of the psychiatrists tremendously. The average age of a psychiatrist now is 62 y.o. The residents are learning from this experience & it has allowed us to reach the developmentally disabled, geriatric & medically compromised that were not receiving services before. Unfortunately Medicare & Medicaid will not pay for home based tele-med services yet so we are using Doxy with a foundation grant to publish the results & hopefully prove its value to the legislature. The only consistent issue we have had with Doxy is bandwidth. In some areas, the signal is weaker & we can't use Doxy. we switch to a HIPAA compliant version of Go To Meeting as a back up, which doesn't appear to use as much altho' it has limits Doxy does not have. If Doxy had a "low power" version that could be used in these areas.......................

Vorteile: clear sound & picture, 3 way calling, ability to have multiple staff using at the same time.

Nachteile: can't be used with average to weak signals.

I use doxy.me to virtually supervise residents working to become licensed counselors.

Bewertet am 16.5.2018
Sharon W.
Clinical Supervisor - LPC, LMFT, LSATP, NCC, ACS
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The ability to use a free HIPAA compliant virtual website in my supervising residents working towards licensure as counselors because my state allows virtual Clinical Supervision.

Vorteile: I was happy to find out about doxy.me at an ethics conference for counselors because doxy.me will sign a BAA to maintain confidentiality, unlike Skype or FaceTime. That allows me to meet virtually with my residents and to discuss confidential client information. I also am very happy that doxy.me has a free version for someone like me who is retired and only needs a few hours a month of access to see my residents. It was extremely easy to start with doxy.me, easy to sign the BAA, and easy to use. It also allows a simple way of access for my residents to come into my "waiting room." Additionally there are very few glitches in using the software, i.e. the video and sound are almost always perfect. And customer support is always ready to help. I have recommended doxy.me multiple times to colleagues including adding the website information to a bi-monthly newsletter article I write for my local counselor association.

Nachteile: I truly can't think of anything I don't like!

von Doxy.me an 4.6.2018

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you find us easy to use and we fit your needs!

Your product is simple and works well for video conferencing with patients

Craig T.
Owner/Psychotherapist

Kommentare: Secure HIPAA compliant video conferencing with a client

Vorteile: I like the fact that it is free because I only use the product now and then for particular clients. I think it is worth paying for given the issues I state below.

Nachteile: What is missing:
1. Online scheduling with:
a. A waiting list option that will inform clients on the waiting list of openings on a nightly basis .
b. Prepay requirement to schedule
c. Recurring appointments with recurring invoicing
(all are absolutely essential)
2. GPS location verification to assure:
a. That the client/patient is contacting the clinician from within the geographical boundaries of the state(s) where licensed to practice.
b. That the client/patient is contacting you from a location that is with in 15 miles of law enforcement and a hospital emergency room. Plus give me the phone numbers for emergency services in the area of the client.
c. Provide me with the current address and phone number of the client.
3. A consent page prior to meeting in which the client/patient will verify that they are
a. In a private and confidential location
b. In a location that is free of any threat to your safety
3. (very nice and extremely useful) A WordPress plugin for the service 4. (nice but not necessary) Either an interface for coordination with popular EMR software like OpenEMR etc or a full functioning EMR that coordinates with the popular clearing houses like OfficeAlly. The first two items I have coded myself on my website and am using these applications now. The last Item I have also built into my website. It frustrates me that the telemental health options that are available do not offer items 1 and 2 given the laws around this product.

von Doxy.me an 4.6.2018

Thanks for the review! I'll pass your ideas to our development team!

Great HIPAA compliant option! User friendly on both ends.

Bewertet am 8.7.2018
Clinical Team Lead
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Low cost, user-friendly, HIPAA compliant option

Vorteile: I love how easy it is for me to use as a clinician and clinical supervisor and how easy it is for my clients to use as well. There's no learning curve involved on the client side, as far as I have experienced so far. I utilize Doxy.me for clinical supervision and for therapy sessions with clients. Telehealth is a great option for people for a variety of reasons (transportation, location, family responsibilities, etc.).
The video/call quality is fairly decent and stays connected about 90% of the time.

Nachteile: The video/call quality is pretty good, but calls have been dropped several times. I like having the "call test" option. Do clients have this also? I feel like maybe some of the call quality is affected by the user and not the platform. I have found myself looking at the subscription many times but always deciding that I just cannot justify the cost. Even the basic subscription is a little too high for me. I would hate to have to increase client fees because my overhead increased significantly.

von Doxy.me an 12.7.2018

Hi!
Thank you so much for the feedback! As far as the call quality, have you checked in with our support team? We would be happy to schedule a test call to see why calls are being dropped. Clients can take the call test if they are in your waiting room. If you are interested in the paid version email courtney@doxy.me and she will send you a coupon code ;-)

Wonderful Telemedicine Platform

Cori W.
APRN
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am able to see patients all over my state, and not leave my office. It is so convenient for my patients as well. They do not have to drive to an office or take time off of work/school/family to attend the appointment. I have patients that utilize this platform during their lunch break.
It is wonderful for my patients that have extreme anxiety and do not appreciate or like to leave their homes, but desperately need a provider. This has been a wonderful platform and I will continue using it!

Vorteile: No download! Can be used on any device with an internet connection, camera and microphone. Easy for patients and easy for providers. I really like the text notification I receive when a patient is in the waiting room. I love being able to share my screen for going over the patients labs with them!

Nachteile: Wish it could make the internet work all the time. I have zero complaints about this program.

von Doxy.me an 4.4.2019

Thanks for the review Cori!

I like that it is so easy to use for me & my clients, and nothing for them to download on their end.

Bewertet am 11.5.2018
Lorna D.
NP
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The ability to start an on-line practice for those with alcohol use disorder. Most people are very ashamed of the state they are in, and somehow not having to go to an office and confess their state is helpful to them.

Vorteile: Easy to use, nothing to download on the client's end. Client's are often at work, so can't use the office computers. Most of my clients go out to their cars for the appointment. Generally very reliable if the client has good cell service. I have the free version, so I can't comment on the usability of the other options.
I like that it is free, and HIPPA compliant. I looked at a lot of different programs when I started and funds were tight.

Nachteile: Most of my people have iphones, so the app is great. I wish their was an app for those people using Android phones, as it is a little clunkier going onto the doxy.me website and in through that way.

von Doxy.me an 4.6.2018

Thank you for your review! iPhone users can use Safari browser.

Online therapy made simple.

Sandy B.
psychologist
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I moved from one state to another. I am licensed in both states. Many of my former patients wanted to continue working with me. This allows me to make money from a distance.

Vorteile: I like the ease in which I can meet with my patients and even friends. Once I have created my account, no one has to sign up for anything. I can be assured of confidentiality. Once my patients have tried it, they love it. Even those who live near by sometimes prefer to see me online to avoid the drive. Overall I am very satisfied with this site.

Nachteile: The only negative thing is it is imperative that one's internet support is strong to avoid the glitches that occur sometimes. Usually just rebooting helps both of us.

von Doxy.me an 15.3.2019

Thanks for your review! Glad you could "take" patients with you when you moved!

DOXY.ME for the win

Bewertet am 3.3.2019
John S.
Marriage and Family Therapist
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Doxy for my waiting room needs and virtual office. My clients find it easy to access and has traveled with me well throughout North and Central American journeys (it doesn't require a giant Internet signal).

Vorteile: Doxy.me is an easy to use, HIPPA compliant (with BAA), free program. I love how easy it is to set up and send my own waiting room information to clients. They simply sign in and we are able to have a great quality video session with no cost to them or myself.

Nachteile: There really are no cons for this program. The free one is great for simple video and voice. If a person wants more features, pay for it. It's helpful and the additional features are well worth the price if you don't have another EHR platform that has those features. I have one set up already and just needed a video platform, for me it works great!

von Doxy.me an 7.3.2019

Hi John! Thanks so much for the review! Glad Doxy.me works wherever you are traveling!

I love Theranest, it allows me to navigate through 2 practices as a dietitian and therapist smoothly

Alice B.
Dietitian/Therapist/Business owner

Vorteile: The ease of use is wonderful. I have 2 practices, thus I can use custom forms for my dietitian practice, and then also have my therapist practice. I can create 2 users (both me) so that when I give superbills with codes, clients can get the reimbursement they need.

Nachteile: I used the credit card program, which I love, and it is very easy to use; however, I do not like how they take out the charges separately as it is harder to manage and keep track.

Thanks for the review!

Easiest Telemedicine platform

Paul S.
Family Physician
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Telemedicine in my Family Practice daily. It's an excellent, no nonsense platform.

Vorteile: Easy to use.
Simple. Not complicated. Similar to Skype.
HIPPA Compliant.
Great support staff.
Co-Branding is optional.

Nachteile: Payment option for patient should be prior to seeing the physician. As a doctor I don't like to discuss payments with patients.

von Doxy.me an 4.4.2019

Hi Paul!
Thanks for the review! You can now take payments from a patient while they are in the waiting room before a call! Email support@doxy.me for more info.

Overall good. Better for an individual user than a group practice.

Annie M.
Clinical Psychologist
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It's easy to use, pretty user-friendly, and pretty self-explanatory. The aesthetics are nice, I like the ability to submit claims directly (I wish I had an easier time of this), and I like the ability to make/use forms (would be good to be able to make these independently in a group account).

Nachteile: I started using this as an independent user before the practice I worked for started using it...it would have been great to integrate my data straight into the shared account but couldn't do it. Also have had some problems submitting claims (in that they never received them).

Thanks for the review!

I use Doxy.me weekly, providing telemedicine services as part of my private practice. I

Bewertet am 11.5.2018
Shelli R.
LMFT / LPCC

Vorteile: I LOVE that Doxy.me offers their basic service free to individual users! I will likely upgrade as I build my practice and start providing online trainings that will benefit from the added feature of screen share.

Nachteile: Because Doxy.me is a web based service that requires a robust WiFi connection to work well, I do experience issues with connectivity on a fairly regular basis, especially when my clients are using an internet provider that doesn't have a string bandwidth, such as fiber optic or 5G. I'm fortunate that the city I live in has high speed internet at an economical cost!

von Doxy.me an 4.6.2018

Thank you for your review! We have Optimized Quality for patients who are on a slower connection. Be sure to try it out sometime!

doxy.me takes the guesswork out of working on a video platform

Susan U.
Marriage and Family Therapist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I love working on a video platform. I have lower monthly expenses. The rapport building with my client translates over the internet which was a concern of mine starting out. It's a wonderful way to reach clients that need my expertise but live in isolated areas of California.

Vorteile: How easily I am able to log on daily. How easily and simple it is for clients, they just follow my link!

Nachteile: The bot that pops up at the start is a little daunting sometimes. Kinda like a nosy neighbor peering over my fence.

von Doxy.me an 7.3.2019

Hi Susan!
Thanks for the review! We will look into that nosy neighbor for you! :-)

Doxy.me is remarkably easy to use and saves my practice time and money.

Jamie M.
Psychologist

Kommentare: A free, secure platform to connect with my clients wherever they are.

Vorteile: It is a free, secure platform for connecting with patients who aren't able to attend sessions in the office. It is remarkably easy to use, with nothing to download. It runs smoothly so long as both parties have high speed internet access.

Nachteile: Very often, my patients and I need to re-start our "connection" because the sound isn't working (not because the microphones aren't on), there is an echo, or there is some issue with the video lagging. This happens once every other call to give a sense of the frequency.

von Doxy.me an 21.5.2018

Thanks for the review! Sorry about the connection problems. Email support@doxy.me if you would like to try a test call. :-)

We use it for everything

Medhavi J.
MD
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using since 2016. Its changed our clinic for the better

Vorteile: easy to use, uncomplicated User interface, reliable, great support

Nachteile: its all good. All the negatives have been addressed by the company. They upgrade it frequently, always improving on the product

von Doxy.me an 4.3.2019

Thanks so much for your review Dr. Jogi! We are so happy that telemedicine has changed your clinic for the better!

I provide distance psychotherapy and generally find it reliable and of pretty good quality.

Benita S.
Psychotherapist, Art Therapist and Intuitive Counselor

Kommentare: I can provide an effective psychotherapy service to people around the globe.

Vorteile: It's ease of use is excellent for both me and my clients. I and my clients also love the waiting room feature.

Nachteile: There had been an earlier feature where I could boost the quality by clicking on a button. Now that option requires an upgraded service and a fee. Also, I use the conversation box to take notes during the session; would love for the option to make the font bold!

von Doxy.me an 4.6.2018

Thanks for the review! We are working on the font in the chat box!

This software has allowed me to provide telemedicine services to my clients almost effortlessly.

Pamela shavaun S.
Psychotherapist, Speaker, Author

Kommentare: Allows more clients to access treatment when they need to.

Vorteile: I appreciate the ease of use. It is a viable option for even the most technophobic among us with just a bit of coaching. The instructional videos are great, as well as tech support from the staff.

Nachteile: Some clients don't have the right browser and that can be a bit confusing. It would be helpful if it worked with all the common browsers.

von Doxy.me an 4.6.2018

Thanks for the review! Doxy.me now works on Safari in addition to Chrome and Firefox.

Used Doxy successfully for about 6 mths, and now it is freezing constantly during sessions

Bewertet am 21.9.2017
Sonya G.
Psychotherapist
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It was working really well for client appointments (which I do a lot of using tele conferencing systems) but has become extremely unreliable in the last month. I did recommend it to one colleague who is having similar issues

Vorteile: In the past I would have said easy to use and reliable ..

Nachteile: I have tried every possible combination to have the highest speed possible, and my clients have high speed service, but Doxy is constantly freezing up during sessions. I used to have excellent service with Doxy and I'm wondering why it has changed. When I do Doxy's diagnostic service it says everything is "excellent", but I can tell you it is not!I have already paid for the service for the year, but I'm considering switching. I received an email from the CEO of Doxy a month or so ago saying he was leaving and i am wondering if things have changed and the service isn't what it used to be?

von Doxy.me an 25.9.2017

Hi Sonya, I'm sorry for the trouble.

We haven't changed anything in the past couple months in regards to the quality of our service. I'd be happy to jump on a call with you and see what might be going on.

Sometimes even things like not having a recent software update installed can have negative effects on performance - so I'm confident we could get it worked out.

We also have a satisfaction guarantee so we will refund you for any unused time on your yearly plan if we are not able to come up with a solution for you.

I sent you a email as well so we can setup a time to troubleshoot.

Dylan Turner
dylan@doxy.me
CTO and Cofounder

Easy to use, free, HIPAA-compliant

Lindsay W.
LPC

Vorteile: I like how easy to use this software is. I like how it is compatible with Macs and pcs as well as also having a mobile app. I also like how it sets up a virtual waiting room for your clients to check in to while waiting to see you.

Nachteile: This software has been pretty easy to use. Occasionally I have connectivity issues, but that is rarely and has decreased over time.

von Doxy.me an 4.6.2018

Thanks for the review! You can use Safari now on phones instead of the app.

Doxy is functional, easy to use and reliable

Tenisha S.
Psychiatric NP

Vorteile: Doxy is easy to download and usable on computers and telephones. Accessible to all and broadens the range of patients who can be helped. The video is clear and the waiting room is customizable. The staff is helpful when challenges arise.

Nachteile: I really like this software, however, it would be best if it could be synced to EHR for functionality.

von Doxy.me an 4.6.2018

Thanks for the review! I will let our development team know of your request of ehr integration.

Wonderful solution for video session. Easy to use, great quality from phones or computer

Bewertet am 12.5.2018
Gal S.
Employee

Vorteile: I really like this software and my clients love it too. It is secure and easy to use. Great quality performance. Client love that they don't need to have an account

Nachteile: Often does not initiate well at login and interaction with the speakers does not work well. The only solution we've found so far was to restart, which is not ideal at all.

von Doxy.me an 4.6.2018

Thank you for your review! You can contact us about the login/speaker issue at support@doxy.me

Simple and easy to use site. Have had some issues around clients unable to visually connect with me

Bewertet am 12.5.2018
Hulya K.
Psychotherapist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: A space where I can connect with clients safely and privately.

Vorteile: Its ease of use, no download of software requirement, that you can text clients before entering a session if you are running late.

Nachteile: That there is no audio feature (you have to enter a video session firstly and then select the audio option) although there is 3-way audio chat it would be a great feature to have as a group video chat option. Also, I use a separate site for bookings to occur, it would be useful if clients can book direct on doxy.me

von Doxy.me an 21.5.2018

Thank you for your review!

Audio only calls is something we are developing. Hopefully soon!