Über Submittable

Cloudbasierte Plattform für das Einreichungs-/Antragsmanagement zum Akzeptieren und Überprüfen digitaler Inhalte aller Art. Intuitiv und anpassbar.

Erfahre mehr über Submittable

This product makes it incredibly easy to submit work to journals for submission. The tool is straightforward and intuitive.

But these are more feature ideas, nothing that I'd consider negative about the existing product.

Bewertungen zu Submittable

Submittable hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 163 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Submittable bereits verwendet?

Jeff
Jeff
Associate Editor in USA

It provides me with all necessary services as a submitter. It provides all I require as an editor.

Submittable is convenient. As a submitter, it provides efficient mechanisms for making submissions and efficient tracking of those submissions. As an editor, it provides me with notices and updates to allow me to process submissions quickly and efficiently. Submittable is practical. As a submitter, a single page allows me to keep track of active submissions to several publications. As an editor, the features for reaction and response to submitters makes my job much easier. Submittable is uncomplicated, easily used, and easy to understand. As a submitter, these qualities make submissions tracking manageable. Submittable is used widely enough to be familiar to virtually all writers and artists who submit work for publication.

Our current package allows only 5 of our team members to have access to submissions. I could wish for more relaxed limits in that regard.

Hana
Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great product with some kinks

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Overall a great application platform for our users. It is straightforward to create applications and review them on the back end. However we encountered an issue with receiving certain notifications for applicant messages and the tech support team was never able to resolve them which has proved very challenging to work around.

The ease of use for students and the customizable review

The tech support and the difficulty filtering applications that are in-progress but closed for editting.

Laura
Program Manager in USA
Philanthropie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Room for Improvement

Kommentare: Good for now. Has helped with communication with applicants but would want to maximize the cons to improve our nonprofit relationships and enhance internal efficiency

Ease of creating applications/forms, ability to message with applicants directly in the portal, reviewer process is user friendly

Lack of automation, limited placeholder tags to be able to integrate DocuSign or other 3rd party integrations that would help with automation, delayed reporting, kind of messy once you get a lot of applications/projects set up, no intentional nonprofit relationship management capabilities, limited project/award management features.

Lisa
Gallery Director in USA
Bildende Kunst, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great way to have Call for Entries

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I love Submittable! It alleviated so much red tape and trying to keep track of submissions. It’s so terrific to have everything stored in one place, accessible from the cloud, and evaluating is a breeze.

I love the way that multiple people can view the submissions and be able to rate the proposals.

It seems like it is more for writers than arts organizations.

Derrick
Extension Program Specialist in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The right tool for the jobs

Kommentare: From the product itself to the prompt customer service, everything about Submittable has been very positive. The system functions as advertised and it has enabled our youth development program to administer what has historically been in-person events and activities into a digital format. That has saved time and travel expenses for our employees and volunteers.

I love the clean design, ease of use, and functionality. The projects and forms are easy to create, highly customizable, and user-friendly for clientele. The ease to which project assignments can be made and tracked is another great feature. We started using Submittable to help us manage a sizable photography contest, and have since been finding ways to migrate other activities/contests (like public speaking, leadership applications, and videography to name a few) into this platform.

I would like to see some type of organizational structure within forms, projects, and the team to help keep different groups or activities separated. Currently, those lists are becoming quite long and clutter up the pages. A folder system would be ideal that might include activity groups as well as a means to archive forms and projects. Perhaps to help de-clutter, I would like for other teams admins to only see the projects, forms, and reports they created. Team member A doesn't need to see everything that team member B has created. Unless they are a level 5, they only need to see their own work.

DeAndrea
Writing Programs Manager in USA

Why Use Submittable

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

1. Submittable is user-friendly. 2. Preparing to receive new documents for new projects is not time-consuming. 3. Submittable makes it easy to reach a broader audience by making projects searchable within the platform. 4. Readable for users. 5. Ability to generate reports.

1. Window to reply to submitters is too small. 2. Difficult to deactivate payment feature if a submitter has paid.

Lauren
Director of Grantmaking in USA
Philanthropie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Grant management

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Generally a good experience with Submittable.

Ease of use for applicants, volunteer reviewers, and administrators.

Not being able to talk live with support when needed. I really don't like that.

Modesto
Grants and Commissions Program Coordinator in USA
Kunst & Handwerk, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good experience

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Very good overall, I can manage the platform by myself mostly

Easy to manage, specially submissions and reviews

Costumer service is not that fast and effective

Mallory
Event Lead in Kanada
Eventservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Submittable Review

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Easy to use software, lots of functions to choose from.

The price is high compared to other call for speakers' software.

Alex
Operations Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great platform, highly customizable

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Smooth, positive, pricey but ultimately worth it.

Our team loves the ability to make each form and application its own. This platform has allowed us to expand greatly the number of applications we can process and it has made the review process much smoother.

Despite it being a great platform, we find it difficult to keep up with the expense. For what it provides and the way in which we use it, it's a very costly platform.

Mary Jane
Executive Director in USA
Philanthropie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Submittable...How do I love you? Let me count the ways!

Kommentare: Try me another day...I am out the door to a meeting.

Making the decision to shift our application process to online, I was concerned that it would meet the needs of the artists and writers applying and also ease transition for a middle to senior aged office team with varying degrees of electronic saavy. Needless to say we continue to remark on an almost daily basis how we LOVE Submittable. Ease of use was foremost and the Submittable staff are always right there with customer support. Any concerns or suggestions were addressed and often appeared as Submittable staff tweaked and updated the software. Likewise input from customers is often solicited. This open process continues to make the software better and better as new features are added and functionality is streamlined. Over the years Submittable continues to be software service and customer oriented. From staff and applicant feedback, I understand that Submittable greets anyone from neophyte to expert electronic guru users with the same degree of respect, patience, expertise and professional service. I especially appreciate the ease in navigating the software features. Ease in accessing and reviewing all areas of our applications, accessing correspondence with applicants and reviewers, sending out requests for character statements automatically, controlling access to all areas of the application and processes as needed have streamlined the time and task of handling actual materials. No more incomplete applications. Electronic deadlines hold fast.

Do I miss having USPS delivering stacks of applications for weeks on end around deadlines, when apps just pop up on the list in Submittable? Do I miss the file prep for each application as materials dribbled in little by little and were sometimes incomplete even after the deadline due to weather etc. when that is all tracked by the software? Do I miss handling over and over sections of the application and loosing track when interrupted in the process when a click of a mouse brings me right back? Do I miss being stuck at my desk surrounded by stacks of applications when I now access the applications anywhere there is wifi...even 12 time zones away which is what I did for the last batch of applications? Do I miss being burdened by attempts to streamline or simplify a labor intensive process only to discover all the benefits of using Submittable? Do I realize how staff are freed up to manage more productive tasks in the office than pushing files and paper? Do I realize that the staff team are excited to see applications appearing on their screens, versus groaning when the USPS truck drove into the parking lot? Do I realize how much more economical Submittable is versus staff time and energy factored in with hand processed applications? Do I realize how much more fun it is to problem solve around tailoring the software with Submittable staff to address a need? Do I wish our staff team had transitioned to Submittable sooner? Yes, no regrets we are HUGE Submittable fan

brian
Managing Editor in USA

Reliable and Effecient

Kommentare: I enjoy my work, and Submittable gives me confidence to stay organized and productive. I will learn to do more with it as I proceed and learn how to utilize what's available that I haven't tried yet (e.g. blind readings, running contests, etc.) The experience has been a very good, and as we grow our journal's submission rate which correlates to our growing readership, Submittable, I believe, will be an excellent tool for me as managing editor and the people who assist me.

I am able to manage my submissions quite easily with Submittable. It has many sorting options, and several tools to make reading a large amount of work manageable. Working collaboratively with other editors is possible and efficient because of the filtering functions (such as the use of labels, storing submissions, ordering them by date, alphabetically, etc.) and team management tools (such as the assigning of certain tasks to certain individuals, easy messaging, dissemination of work, etc.) I like the basic look/visuals of Submittable, as it is relatively intuitive to use. Furthermore, when I encountered troubles or had questions, I was given friendly and quick help over the telephone, as well as through their chatlines. Editing our site is also very easy.

I don't like that some services are offered to certain levels of subscriptions and not to others. I'd rather have a good, fair price for the use of Submittable's full functions. It's not always clear to me what I have in my subscription, even though not too hard to check, I suppose. Also, to "test" how forms will look to submitters seems a little complicated, but not too bad once going through it. I feel a little "blind" when sending out ACCEPT/DECLINE. Not sure what the solution is, however, and really does not present any real trouble for me.

Phoebe
promotions and promotions associate in USA

Good Platform that's not Super Intuitive

I like that it's a fairly easy platform to collect contest entries (which we have a lot of!). I like that I can set up an automated response (even though it's not always easy to figure out how to do that). I like that the personalized responses can add applicant's name.

I don't find Submittable to be very intuitive. I find myself having to google answers to my question- I'm usually able to successfully find the answer but it isn't user intuitive. Particularly, I think that setting up automated responses should be easier to find. Also, I often make the mistake where I click on a project and it takes me to the description of the form rather than what I'm looking for, the entries. I find myself scared to use the back button because it re-directs me to pages I'm not trying to go to. It's more of an issue on our end but people put so much weight on the "in progress" status etc which we just don't use so I wish there was a way to turn that off.

Amy
Art Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

I administer an annual international photo competition for a non-profit conservation organization.

Kommentare: Submittable helps me receive and track hundreds of photography submissions from users around the world, and makes collecting payments effortless. The staff is helpful and quick to reply to my queries.

Clean interface, flexible ways to sort submissions and tag them, and all actions and communications are logged by the system. Being able to customize the messages for various interactions with submitters is helpful. As our competition expands I expect to use the team functionality more. The Gallery function is an appealing way to display photos and allow the public to vote.

My primary difficulty is that entries cannot be sorted or tagged individually; i.e., when you tag a photo, the tag applies to the entire submission, not just a single photo. Since my competition allows up to 8 photos per submission, I have to sort in other ways after downloading the entries, which is a bit time-consuming but not a deal-breaker. The login requirement for voting in the Gallery view has a dampening effect; also, there's no instruction telling viewers to click on a photo to enlarge the view. Gallery sorting tools would be a welcome function as well. Gallery View has a lot of potential and I'm curious to see how Submittable's developers change it in the future.

Micah
Technical Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I seriously don't know how we functioned before having Submittable. We host festivals throughout the country bringing together art, music and wellness. This requires having submission forms for all 3, plus a number of others, including an Art Auction. Submittable became the solution that we didn't even know we needed. The Art Auction is just the latest example of something that we have done in the past but finally realized Submittable was the best method. But it was their customer support that was the key. It was through discussing our needs with them that we were able to go forward. As we began using the system, they were always there to answer questions, provide an answer and take our feedback, which then resulted in changes that made for a better experience. I find that they are still just an email away. This is rare, but is why I am here writing this now. As the Technical Director for O+, I am always looking for that technological answer, but I am also always weary as often new tech can go unused, can be un-user-friendly, can be daunting to learn, etc. which then makes it actually the wrong answer. Submittable is maybe the best example I can give to how tech can really be just the right thing. Thank you.

Easy to use, and can be used very broadly. Great customer service. Great design. Feature rich.

Managing other users and exporting info can be better.

Angel
writer in USA
Verlagswesen, Selbstständig

Submittable is a staple for me.

Kommentare: I have used Submittable for years. It has never let me down.

The flexibility. I've used Submittable for so many different types of projects from manuscript submissions to personnel data to event applications, and so much more. You can create any kind of form you want and track the data.

There is a learning curve, but Submittable offers great help.

Jeremy
Editor in USA

Submittable is irreplaceable in terms of the

The best thing I like about this software is how it serves multiple functions for our organization. I can easily create categories for submissions, receive submissions, the submissions can be commented on by the review team, and then I can correspond with the submitter all from within the same software. Each step of the process is easy to use.

Because of how many ways you can use the software, it takes a bit of time to get used to how to navigate between different parts of the program but once learned it's very user-friendly.

Olivia
Prose Editor in USA

The website and software is easy to use, reliable, and convenient.

Ease of use on many levels. It streamlines an administrative process that could take endless hours. The software is not automated (and it shouldn't be), but there are enough templates and options to make the process of managing submissions very efficient.

The navigation menus are not intuitive. It takes too long to figure out where things are hidden. Having sub-menus would help. Also, inactive team members still show up when assigning. The editorial team of this journal changes every year and there are too many names. We don't want to delete past editors, but archiving them when they are inactive would be an improvement.

Barrett
Editor in USA

Submittable is always there and always ready, everything exactly as I left it.

I have many hundreds of ideas to make literature a better place, but before Submittable I was always bogged down by logistics. Not only was the world not ready for me--I also wasn't ready for the world. As multi-point to one point organizational tool it is indispensable to me. I have hours more in my day to dream, and now with two interns, everyone better watch out.

, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Overall, we are very pleased with the software. It is well worth the expense.

Their customer service department is outstanding. Their innovation team seems to be open to feedback from those of us who use the software. I will say, Submittable gives us virtual space to complete our work from all over the world. This keeps our organization and our entire field growing, and our talented team together.

Mitchelle
Coach in USA

Submittable

This software helped our team to carry out a large application process with thousands of applications. We moved to this after using a software that had far less capability and this really improved our performance and efficiency.

When our team first started to use this software, there was a big learning curve to understand the backend and the application review process. However, after the initial training process it was relatively smooth.

Sarah
Author in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

The easy way to submit documents

Kommentare: I've used Submittable to submit manuscripts to literary agents and editors and it's been a very easy and effective process. It's a nice one-stop-shop for my submission materials and nice to be able to check the status of various submissions in the same place. From the first time I used it to the last, it's been a straightforward, easy, experience.

It's impossible to format submissions incorrectly because Submittable only accepts the types of docs your recipient wants. It's an easy to use template to uplad the appropriate content and then manage your submission.

The only thing that's slightly a downside is that you have to be in Submittable to get all the information about your submission, but that's not really a problem.

Schreiben & Editieren, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Submittable

Kommentare: I've used Submittable as a business owner, a submitter, and as someone with access to read submissions. Overall, it's a pretty easy interface that allows you to collaborate and keep submissions organized.

I'm pretty sure Submittable is the only well-known service of its type, at least at the moment, but with that said, it is easy to keep track of submissions and their status as they come in, they notify you, and you can have an account with multiple people to split up tasks.

There are some things that could be a bit more intuitive, like tagging people and seeing what others have been assigned. It could be nice to have a reminder for older submissions that haven't been voted on or received a response yet, as well.

Dinty W
Founding Editor in USA
Verlagswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Submittable is the Best

Kommentare: Much greater efficiency and tracking ability

Clean, efficient interface. Great customer service. Excellent outreach to the customer base. I have used Submittable for years now and almost no problems. The once or twice that I did have a problem, I reached out and they solved it within half-a-day.

Kristin
Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Submittable review

Kommentare: For our initial needs, it works great, but it is expensive for what we do with it.

I started it three years ago, and it is very user-friendly. Has helped our group grant, review team.

For what we use it for (3 grants) it is very expensive.