Über Checkvist

Ein Web-Tool zum Erstellen von Online-Übersichten und hierarchischen Aufgabenlisten mit Erinnerungen, das alle Arten an Informationen sammelt und strukturiert.

Erfahre mehr über Checkvist

Project Manager / Scrum Master
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.7.2018

"Use it every day to organise my work"

Vorteile: Using the keyword to manage the application makes it fast to use. Having a mobile version too is handy. Good cut and paste too between lists.

Nachteile: The mobile version is quite simple. It's more than adequate if you just want to view your lists or mark a task as complete. Building a list/outline from scratch, however, takes time. It compliments the excellent desktop version rather than being the primary tool.

• Bewertet am 19.7.2018
Ralph Z.
Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.7.2017

"Outline Your Work, Your Life, and Your Life's Work"

Kommentare: As a pastor of a parish with a large day care program, I am constantly dealing with tasks, projects, plans, preaching, writing, and other responsibilities. Checkvist allows me to pull everything together into one place and allows me the flexibility to organize it all the way that works best for me. As things change, as my responsibilities grow, as new ideas emerge, Checkvist has the power to adapt and keep me on top of everything that I need to do, as well as giving me a place to brainstorm about the future. Being able to forward my emails to Checkvist also allows me an efficient way to keep my email inbox empty while at the same time knowing that nothing will ever get lost in the shuffle. I cannot say enough about how much this software has done for me and in turn allowed me to do more and more for the people of my parish.

Vorteile: Checkvist provides an incredibly flexible and full featured way to create an outline of what needs to be achieved, accomplished, what needs to get done to fulfill the many plans and commitments of your work and your life. I prefer to work out of one major outline so that everything is in one place and always there right in front of me. Checkvist makes this possible by allowing any section of the outline to be "hoisted" so that I can focus more clearly on any area of my work. Likewise, when needed, I can create separate outlines to deal with a major project, or to provide more detailed support for any of the items on my main outline. Of course, it can also be used as an outliner without a task orientation, which is particularly helpful in writing and brainstorming. The team behind Checkvist are personally invested in the quality and development of this software. They keep us "in the loop" with frequent posts which they call "The Checkvist Story". Users always know what is being worked on, improved, and planned for the future. The one time that I needed to contact them for assistance, their response was nearly immediate. I cannot say enough about this software, about their development team, and about how much it has become the place I go to throughout the day to help keep me, my work, and my life on a steady course. Literally, my entire life is outlined on Checkvist!

Nachteile: Checkvist works perfectly well on any browser, including on mobile browsers, and they have a special mobile version of their software that works more efficiently on a phone or tablet. They are working on the development of a dedicated application for phones and tablets which will make Checkvist even more accessible than it already is. It is my hope that they will continue in their plans to develop a dedicated application, and that they will continue to work on improving the user experience by further developing the program interface. It would also be awesome if they could make email messages that are saved to the outline look more like the original message, although it is already quite usable in its present form. Like any software, future development is key, and this dedicated team takes the development of their software to a new level of transparency.

Nathan C.
Math Instructor
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

"Love it. "

Kommentare: Staying organized!

Vorteile: The features and capabilities. I also really appreciate the fact that you can do so much with keyboard shortcuts alone.

Nachteile: The web app and chrome extension would be better if they were also fully featured. Other than that you guys are doing a great job.

von Trirt Software an 7.7.2017

Hello Nathan,

Thanks for the review. I'd like to mention that chrome extension has most features of the web app, I'd be interested to know which ones you miss most.

Thanks!

Nick R.
University Lecturer
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.7.2017

"Phenomenal keyboard driven outliner / todo list"

Kommentare: It has helped me to improve my organisation. It is also a great app for getting your thoughts down on paper and general brainstorming.

Vorteile: As a thoroughly disorganised person working in a demanding field, I depend heavily on my task-management system. There are a huge variety of apps on the market, but none have quite the flexibility of checkvist, or its keyboard driven ethos. For example, if I wish to assign a date to an app, I press 'd' twice, and just type the date using natural language. The task automatically gets imported into my calendar (google). Using the search bar I can rapidly find high-priority tasks, and I can quickly view a list of forthcoming tasks. While many task management apps have these kinds of features I doubt they are so beautifully implemented. An additional feature of checkvist is its outlining capabilities. So, as well as using it to manage task, you can use it plan talks, or writing assignments. Keyboard driven shortcuts are extremely intuitive, and make it an absolute breeze to use. The company is always innovating on the basis of customer feedback, and respond to queries from paid customers within hours. There is literally nothing else out there like it. Check it out.

Nachteile: Checkvist has few drawbacks. It would be great if the mobile app was slightly more developed. However, for me this is not a deal breaker, as I use it mainly on a laptop / desktop.

• Bewertet am 9.7.2017
Ben B.
Knowledge Specialist
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.7.2017

"Get all those tasks off your mind and let the program do the reminding for you."

Kommentare: It frees my mind from having to remember what i need to do next or for the day and allows me to just do the work. I can be more productive and have more time to think about the projects or work I'm involved with instead of being distracted when recalling something I forgot to do. Helps me to prioritize what is necessary to get done and those things that will always be "someday" tasks. Which without a task management program like Checkvist, I'd probably be working on--not realizing it's a waste of my time.

Vorteile: The overall concept is easy to get behind and the interface is easy to use. Love all the keyboard shortcuts. Being able to create lists and hierarchy tasks is excellent for task management and reviewing tasks needing to be completed during a project or goal.

Nachteile: on the "Due" page, not having my tasks split up (or grouped) by their lists. Not necessarily being able to minimize or expand the groups, but to see the tasks under each list since they tend to be related in theme. In a recent update, changing the date on a current due task now sends you to that task lower on Due Task page, it's a very quick fix to go back up, but it's annoying nonetheless.

von Trirt Software an 10.7.2017

Hello Ben,

Thanks for the review. I wanted to notice that on the Due page, you can enable grouping by list in the page options (cog in the toolbar). There is also an option to enable context view, read more in this blog post: https://goo.gl/m3XXfA

Nancy P.
Graduate Student
  • Bewertet am 13.7.2017

"I am a long time user of Checkvist (since 2011). I use primarily the web version."

Vorteile: My favorite part of Checkvist is the clean interface. This is what drew me to it initially and why I keep using it. So many apps or websites these days are filled with clutter which is the exact opposite of what I need when the whole point is to simplify and stay organized! My other favorite part is the color option. I am a very visual person so having the option to add some color is also a huge deal. I have tried other similar "clean" to do list options, but they did not have the color feature so I stopped using it immediately. Please don't ever change those two things.

Nachteile: I use this mostly on the web so am not a heavy user of the app. I have tried it, but find it is more hassle than it is worth. I don't mind this, but making this app version a little easier to use would be a plus. I like the clean look (as I said before), but on the app it goes a little too far so I can't figure out how to do anything.

Hamman S.
Research Assistant
  • Bewertet am 26.7.2017

"From all the apps I've tried for task and project management, Checkvist is by far the best!"

Kommentare: My productivity has increased significantly since I started using Checkvist, which is really due to how easy it has been to learn the app, so I can focus on getting stuff done

Vorteile: Checkvist has amazing keyboard support, is absolutely the perfect app for the divide-and-conquer approach for getting stuff done, and is choke full of useful productivity features. Especially useful is the progress counter which shows how much of a task is completed. It's also very easy to set up lists, tasks, and sub-tasks, and lets you focus on doing the actual tasks instead of learning some convoluted methodologies. The markdown support is also a star, especially for the task notes.

Nachteile: There is no native mobile app, even though there is a mobile version of the website. There is also no support for time tracking, which would be a very useful feature. There's lots of add-ons for the Chrome browser, but similar support for Firefox is lacking.

• Bewertet am 26.7.2017
John L.
Real Estate Consultant
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.7.2017

"As simple working with Pen & Paper and all the benefits of a great cloud based app "

Kommentare: I use this software daily as my "Getting Things Done" system. I keeps me organized in way that I have not been able to replicate with dozens of other productivity websites / software solutions. I have tried all the major players in the productivity space and many of the upcoming contenders.

Vorteile: It has a simple and natural interface that is very easy to use. The keyboard commands are very useful. Bulk operations are a snap. The site is quick. It is easy to handle a large number of complicated lists and find / retrieve what you are looking for quickly. The possible uses for this website are only limited by the users imagination.

Nachteile: Mobile App needs refinement so that users can have an experience similar to the "full site" version.

Alan B.
Web developer
  • Bewertet am 6.7.2017

"Excellent UX through veracious keyboard shortcut focus along with great support."

Kommentare: Ease of use meant I *did* (do) use it so it becomes a trusted core system unlike an app that is fun for a bit but ultimately does not get much use and so returns little value.

Vorteile: Keyboard shortcuts for all actions means less RSI and more speed. A great balance of functionality without bloat and also functionality hidden away until you need it with a quick two key tap. Super fast to use.

Nachteile: Sometimes I hanker for some more styling BUT you can style yourself with Pro custom CSS and so even this is not an issue really.

Jim M.
Daily User
Chemikalien, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.7.2017

"Been using CheckVist daily for 3 years. Amazing customer support! It just keeps getting better."

Kommentare: Better organization, improved scheduling. I now know where to find my information.

Vorteile: Excellent keyboard shortcuts.
All items in a list are easily rearranged.
The recurring due date functionality is invaluable.
Web access allows me to use it at home and at work - which was a problem with my previous solution.
I don't know how I lived without it.

Nachteile: The mobile app is not as mature as the web app. It is harder to use, and has fewer functions. But it is improving.

Ron W.
CEO / Owner
Internet, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 14.7.2017

"I've tried many outliners and project management tools, and Checkvist is the best for me."

Kommentare: Helps me to plan projects in detail, organize thoughts, keep notes, and collaborate with others.

Vorteile: I like the ability to created hierarchical list with unlimited levels. I also like the due page where I can see what I have coming up, in order of priority. I also like the ability to tag lists and list items for easy searching.

Nachteile: I use lists for both outlining ideas, planning, and creating TODO lists. I do all these things in one list sometimes, so I would like the ability to specify that only certain sublists represent tasks. Right now everything in a list is a task in Checkvist. So I can't tell at a glance how many tasks are actually in a list; how many are done; and how many are still open. I also don't like that you can't put a due time, you can only put a day.

• Bewertet am 14.7.2017
Mark D.
Development Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.7.2017

"Checkvist is totally AWESOME"

Kommentare: I never lose any tasks
Fantastic for triage and management of projects, people and tasks

Vorteile: Desktop browser functionality is unsurpassed, I've tried literally dozens of todo list tools and nothing comes close to the ease of use and power of Checkvist.
Tasks and priorities are always changing and Checkvist makes this SO simple.
The mobile app is rapidly evolving into a fantastic progressive web app.
Support is excellent
Also great for managing meetings/agendas etc

Nachteile: Global search index takes time to update
More powerful filtering logic needs to be added particularly around tags.
Needs sort by modified date

Richard J.
IT Administrator
  • Bewertet am 21.7.2017

"I've been using it for several years and couldn't manage without it."

Vorteile: Need to create a checklist for anything - use Checkvist. Need access to key reference information from any computer - use Checkvist. It's simple and convenient, and always available.

Nachteile: I only use the basic features, and have no gripes about it. 100 characters minimum is BS. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs.

• Bewertet am 21.7.2017
Wayland H.
Software Engineer
  • Bewertet am 7.7.2017

"Perfect checklist for those who care about efficiency"

Kommentare: It fits my need of easy-to-use but hard-to-master type of software. It's pretty awesome in how efficient you can get with Checkvist.

Vorteile: You can do everything with just a keyboard. There is no UI element that is preventing me from accomplishing what I want in a checklist. This software is definitely perfect for a programmer, even if you're not I would definitely check it out to see if it's fits your style.

Nachteile: The mobile version can use a little bit of work. It doesn't currently match the elegance of the web application. That's a difficult goal to achieve though. You can still do the basics of a checklist though.

Charlie H.
Structured-Text Consultant
  • Bewertet am 6.7.2017

"Just the outliner productivity features that I want, and no extra visual or functional bloatware."

Kommentare: Daily organization in a flexible way.

Vorteile: I can control everything from the keyboard (but all the natural drag-and-drop options are available as well). It's fast. It works well on both my laptop and my phone.

Nachteile: The mobile app is lagging a bit behind the desktop version. There are a few paid features that I'd like to have for free (but that's hardly a complaint). There isn't an easy Android share-to-Checkvist option.

Mark N.
  • Bewertet am 7.7.2017

"An essential part of my daily working life"

Vorteile: Outlining feels like a very way to organise my thoughts and Checkvist implements it brilliantly. My favourite feature is its support for keyboard shortcuts. It just makes the tool so fast to use.

Nachteile: Improved support for mobile would be a plus. Viewing lists is excellent but updating or creating them is a little clunky. That said, as a work tool, I'd rarely ever want to create a list using my phone.

Charles H.
Professor
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.7.2017

"One of those rare programs that has changed my entire work (and play) flow for the better"

Kommentare: Organizes many aspects of my life, from writing papers to shopping

Vorteile: Very quick maneuvering with keyboard shortcuts
One-stroke highlighting (6 colors) makes it easy to sort priorities
Flexible repeating due dates
Can send things easily to the outline from email or the web
Terrific customer support -- the developers are on the case and really care about the program
Enables me to organize my thoughts quickly

Nachteile: The Android app, while adequate, is still in beta and needs further development
Due items do not notify at particular time, only day

Shaun S.
Personal
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.7.2017

"Checkvist is simply the best task management program around. "

Kommentare: It has helped me not only organize my daily todo's, but also gives me the ability to keep lists of interesting things I like to track long term.

Vorteile: The unlimited hierarchical lists + all the keyboard shortcuts. No other product even comes close to being this flexible.

Nachteile: not sure there is anything in particular that I could say that I like least about checkvist. it solves all of my needs for a task management software.

Mark M.
CTO
  • Bewertet am 7.7.2017

"I looked for an online outline-based list/ thought organization tool a long time! Checkvist rocks!"

Kommentare: Easy organization of my thoughts and reminders

Vorteile: Fast. Keyboard shortcuts. Multilevel. Multi-list. Rapid expand, contract, move, indent, outdent. Changes reflected instantly to all devices.

Nachteile: Need more formatting options. Need to be able to attach images, link externally. Mobile still kind of clunky.

von Trirt Software an 7.7.2017

Hello Mark,

Thanks a lot for the review. I wanted to mention that it is possible to attach images and files, as well as link them. Take a look here:

Thanks again,
KIR

Greg L.
Software Architect
  • Bewertet am 6.7.2017

"I use checkvist every day, I run my whole life with it. "

Vorteile: The keyboard first approach and availability of my list no matter where I am makes me super productive. I like the clean and clear style and that I can email my items to my list

Nachteile: The keyboard commands work differently between my Mac and windows at work which is a little jarring.

Jay P.
Recruiter
  • Bewertet am 7.7.2017

"I've been using Checkvist for several years and continue to use it everyday."

Vorteile: Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts. Having the ability to create unlimited sub-lists and easily customize with markdown and tags.

Nachteile: The mobile site, although features are regularly being added and continues to get better. A native iOS app would be great.

Ed M.
  • Bewertet am 6.7.2017

"Great for sharing lists. Simple but grows with you."

Vorteile: Simple to get others to use. Has lots of functionality if you decide to dive deep but also works as a simple list manager.

Nachteile: Love it but would like a mobile app to make it easier to use on mobile devices. Other than, it's great.

Micha¿ J.
java programmer
  • Bewertet am 15.7.2017

"I love this app. It is one of my must-have tools for work and personal projects. "

Vorteile: Keyboard driven, simplicity, markdown syntax support, infinite depth of tree, focus on selected sub-trees, API and many more.

Nachteile: Currently, there is no real mobile app. It should also work better when internet connection is unstable. I can not think about any other serious problems.

• Bewertet am 15.7.2017
Wenliang L.
Engineer
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

"love this website"

Kommentare: productivity. it has greatly improved my efficiency to another level.

Vorteile: keyboard friendly. that is what I need most to focus on thinking. It also automatically backup to my dropbox which save lots of my time to backup.

Nachteile: access from phone browser is not stable. I need to login again after a couple days. Also they really need to do some marketing. I have used almost all the similar products but only recently come across checkvist.

Shekhar S.
Research Scholar
  • Bewertet am 12.7.2017

"Checkvist really help in increasing the productivity. "

Kommentare: My productivity has increased. I am able to focus much more. It has very simple environment, so I dont get distracted. It helps me organize and tell me what I should focus on next. Great tool.

Vorteile: Checkvist really help in increasing the productivity. The various functionality and the shortcuts really make Checkvist shine out of the lot of many todo list websites available today. It has very simple interface, nothing fancy which takes space of your screen and due to this it feels very raw which is really good for me.

Nachteile: It took me sometime to get accustomed to use the shortcuts. So, there is a learning curve but if you want something great, you have to spend some time in learning it. So, it is not a cons but still leaves a bit of improvement space for checkvist.

• Bewertet am 12.7.2017