Über Rollbar

Fehlerprotokollierung und Absturzberichts-SaaS für moderne Softwareteams, die die Anwendungsqualität und die Entwicklungsgeschwindigkeit verbessern möchten.

Erfahre mehr über Rollbar

Volodymyr B.
Android Developer
  • Bewertet am 4.5.2019

"Robust reporting tool"

Kommentare: Use this tool on one big project for all platforms (backend, web, mobile) and it is good enough to cover your needs in errors or debug info reporting. At the first glance it looks like it lacks features compared with other platforms, but after some time you understand that the product has everything you would need for successful project state monitoring.

Vorteile: Love the minimalistic UI, which keeps everything clear and understandable.
Developers constantly add new features, like automatic events grouping, etc.
Love to have all platforms on one Dashboard to look at reported error from different platforms point of view.

Nachteile: The quality of Android SDK isn't the top tier with not enough options for event reporting. Also had to so some adjustments for test suits, since in some cases the SDK wouldn't initialize correctly.

• Bewertet am 4.5.2019
Jonathan T.
CTO
  • Bewertet am 26.9.2016

"The Absolute BEST Thing You Can Do for Writing Better Software"

Kommentare: Team Rollbar--I LOVE you guys and your wonderful service! This review is far too long overdue. Let me save you a bunch of time and make the decision for you. If you're not already using an error tracking platform, you must. If you're deciding between which services to use, just go with Rollbar, and stop deliberating. Rollbar is hands-down, THE BEST full-stack application error and exception monitoring/tracking system. I was an early user and first started using Rollbar in early 2012 (back when it was still called Ratchet.io). Suffice it to say, it has completely transformed and leveled-up the way I build and write applications. Rollbar is now a must-have for any application I build. TDD? Yeah, could do that, or you can just be more lean and start building, and Rollbar will catch all of your exceptions for you. Large team? Even more so that you need Rollbar, so that you can detect and fix errors before they inconvenience your users. Here are the reasons for why I think Rollbar is great: Best thing since sliced bread - For the developers in the late 90's to early 2000's who remember it, just as Firebug and later on Chrome Developer Tools was to JavaScript development, so is Rollbar to development on any stack. Before, with writing JavaScript in Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer 4.0, all you had to go off of was that there was a JS error and the JS on a page was completely broken. Developers familiar with that old debugging technique will shake their heads today--manual binary search, commenting out parts of code until it started working again--those days are gone. Now, with Rollbar, you can know with certainty what parts of your application, down to the specific line(s) of code, are causing the exception. Rollbar has an exceptional, world-class team. Rollbar is built by engineers, for engineers. I know because I've worked with a few folks at team Rollbar, including the founder/CEO Brian Rue, who has been a mentor and advisor to me at a few startups, and some of my elite former colleagues who were hand-picked to join the Rollbar team. They are extremely talented hackers and engineers. Rollbar scales, an is extremely reliable. We're not just talking Mickey Mouse pretend scale, but they actually do. Guess what? Unlike most of the rest of the web, they're actually NOT primarily an AWS-based stack (yeah, because AWS outages can cause large chunks of the web to fail). Rollbar is in multiple data centers across the world for improved

• Bewertet am 26.9.2016
Niklas R.
  • Bewertet am 7.12.2016

"Rollbar has great value on the free plan"

Kommentare: We use Rollbar free to debug our product errors. It is pretty easy to use and offers all the functionality we need to fix our production exceptions. The design is not always the greatest (you can see a Bootstrap template) but it does the job!

• Bewertet am 7.12.2016
Pepijn O.
Web Developer, mainly backend
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.10.2016

"Error tracking made easy"

Kommentare: I have been using Rollbar for about 3 years now, and I have to say it has made my life a lot easier. They have a ton of platform integrations, but I have only integrated this service in Android and PHP projects. For most programming languages, they have their own API, but this product seems to be so popular that people are even writing wrappers around the API for frameworks. Eg see https://github.com/jenssegers/laravel-rollbar I would definitely recommend this to anyone, especially because they also have an 'always free' formula, which gives you the opportunity to try it out. Customer support is really decent, they're usually replying to your requests in 2 hours or less. And I'm not even in their timezone.

Vorteile: It's really easy to use, there's a ton of wrappers available for any programming language / framework, and they have an 'always free' formula, which I use for my personal projects

Nachteile: As with any online product, I don't like to pay :) But other than that, I can't say anything bad about it. And as I said, they have a free formula, which is great if you're just working on a small personal project

• Bewertet am 21.10.2016
Thaine R.
Full Stack Web Developer
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.11.2016

"Error Logs Simplified"

Kommentare: I'd never really done any log management things untill my CTO brought this product to our application suite. The time this has saved us is just incredible. The main features that really help: Grouping of Logs - Groups together errors so you don't get spammed. There have been a time or two this has worked against me, but overall it really helps. Not to mention, you can resolve errors and they'll pop back up if they happen again, so you know if something is really broken or just a one off developer bug. Stacktrace and Local variables - Really helps that they include the full stack trace, and if you choose, can display local variables you inject. This has made it so easy to setup some debugging features and then let them go. For those really weird bugs that you really can't seem to nail down a cause for. Environment Separation - Really helps to tell between a production (oh no! Lets fix this!) or a staging (fix it before pushing) kinda errors. I don't think I could go back to any other debugging method. In the very least, Rollbar always gives me a place to start using xdebug. At the most, I look at the information and know exactly what went wrong, and can fix it. Great product!

Vorteile: Log Grouping
Stacktrace with local variables
Enivronment Separation

Nachteile: Something the grouping can work too well, and errors that are different actually get grouped together. The standards can be a little hard to figure out, and there are multiple ways to do everything.

• Bewertet am 7.11.2016
Alexander M.
Core developer
  • Bewertet am 1.4.2017

"Motivating time saver"

Kommentare: Motivating time saver
April 01, 2017 12:38
I'm a Rollbar user since the very beginning of the project. Before Rollbar I've switched a few ways of dealing with logs. First, I was just reading logs when needed with tail and getting a weekly batch of errors by email. That was OK for local development and tiny projects but for bigger deployments that were useless because the amount of data. Then I've found some offline log aggregation tools and these were OK but still required exporting logs, running these tools and checking results. Rollbar automates all that. You're getting a realtime picture of your errors. You can sort messages by the number of occurrences thus getting a good list to work on. Another fun part is how it charges you. The more errors you have the more you pay. Rollbar motivates you to fix things to pay less. At first, I've tried it in personal projects then in a huge commercial project that is already running for more than 7 years. Rollbar saved me hundreds of hours and I'm glad I've stumbled upon it back then.

Vorteile: Saves time. Usability. Features.

Nachteile: One in half a year there's a lag between sending an error and seeing it analyzed. Not a big issue though.

• Bewertet am 1.4.2017
Alex T.
CTO
Eventservice, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.4.2017

"Error monitoring done right"

Kommentare: We're Rollbar customers for a about two years, moved to Rollbar after trying few other log aggregation services but none of them had features we needed or didn't deliver on their promise. We're using Ruby on Rails, integration was a breeze, started receiving error messages in less than 5 minutes. The interface is easy to use, live feed works great showing errors as they come up, resolving issues and tracking deploys flows works perfectly. Also I can't recall when Rollbar had downtime or a bug, yet we see new gem releases regularly. I wish other services we use had such a robust infrastructure as Rollbar do. Also I'd like to mention their exceptional support, with very quick responses from highly qualified agents that solve your problems spot on. With Rollbar tools we manage to resolve majority of the issues as they happen, before customers contact our support teams.

Vorteile: Uptime, easy to use api, live feed, rql, people tracking, exceptional support

Nachteile: Unified dashboard between projects would be great, but can be implemented with their api

• Bewertet am 6.4.2017
Tung F.
iOS Developer
  • Bewertet am 27.10.2018

"Get notified for issues"

Vorteile: I like that it sends notifications if something goes wrong and your team can stay alert about it. It's pretty nice to know if something is down or something isn't working. We also use it to track custom events when some logic isn't behaving as expected. For example when server returns a new Key value that is not handled on client side.

Nachteile: The notifications customization is pretty hard and not clear. I tried to turn off some part but I couldn't do it only to myself. You (seems) can only turn it off for the "team". So I end up creating a filter in Gmail.

• Bewertet am 27.10.2018
Amanda josalene W.
Fragrances
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.3.2019

"Works fantastic for my business & our website!"

Kommentare: Overall, Rollbar has worked great for my business and our website, and if any problems ever arise with the software, they have an excellent support team that responds quickly and accurately.

Vorteile: Rollbar was very easy to learn and to navigate, which was a massive plus. Having our own website programmed from the ground-up, it was crucial we had a software that detected and located any errors and/or bugs within our website so they could be fixed/eliminated. Rollbar provides real-time bug tracking, which saved us and our programmer LOADS of time as we located any issues quickly and prevented any possible website crashes/any unnecessary downtime.

Nachteile: I don't have any cons; Rollbar has helped us to the fullest extent.

• Bewertet am 11.3.2019
M. serhat D.
Lead Software Developer
  • Bewertet am 3.4.2019

"Using to to monitor Rails apps"

Vorteile: Free package comes with high limits, Github integration is satisfying, easy to setup and manage.

Nachteile: Honestly, nothing so far. Rollbar is the best option when compared to other alternatives, in terms of price/value rate. Most projects can use free version of the Rollbar without any hassle.

• Bewertet am 3.4.2019
Christopher W.
Developer
  • Bewertet am 10.7.2020

"I love you guys! If I could rate you higher than 10 I would!"

Kommentare: AMAZING!

Vorteile: So There is a lot to unpack here: As a software developer, having access to the WEB DASHBOARD is amazing We start our day and prioritize our work around what we see in this dashboard, the SLACK INTEGRATION makes this process even better, as we can see errors in real time before the end-user and proactively respond without having to call or confirm what the user does thanks to THE WONDERFUL TELEMETRY that we get. Also we build software with Rails, JS, Python, AWS Lambda, and all of your libraries work the same way as expected. Wonderful! You also sent my company a blue rollbar shirt a few years ago - IT WAS SO COMFORTABLE! also: YOUR UPTIME is better than just about anyone - Auth0, Gitlab, Dockerhub - have all had issues this year with uptime , and the most we've seen from you all has only been a small delay in processing. Nothing major. ADDITIONALLY - I discovered a bug last month with rollbar and reported it to a community rep - AND YOU FIXED IT THIS RELEASE. FAST! As a fellow software developer I know how hard it is to get issues addressed, not to mention prioritized and deployed. In short I love you, and love your company and I tell everyone that!

Nachteile: I wish I could come up with something, but you astound me. I'd complain about a bug I found in Rollbar Js, but you fixed it in 2.18!

Miloš B.
Team lead
  • Bewertet am 10.7.2020

"Easy to use and reliable service"

Kommentare: Rollbar works as expected and the level of information we get for each error is great.

Vorteile: Easy integration, slack notifications, level of details for each error

Nachteile: I would like to be able to see aggregate info from occurences of the same error, Airbrake offers something similar.

Mikuláš S.
Software Engineer
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.7.2020

"almost perfect"

Vorteile: easy integration, wide support, good error insights

Nachteile: sometimes our issues are spread across staging, production, separate server containers and environments - not sure how to display all of them at once having troubles tracking errors in Embedded JS (EJS) templates

• Bewertet am 11.7.2020
Ahimanikya S.
Founder & CEO
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.1.2017

"Simple and Power Realtime issue tracker"

Kommentare: At DocEngage we have been using Rollbar for more than a year now. We track real-time exception and respond to the issues quickly, sometimes we reach out to our customers before they find time to report the issue. This yields very impactful customer gratification. It also helps us to pinpoint the issue with real use case and evidence. When we have issues with manful traces we observed there is less tension between developers and quality/support team. We tried many competing real-time issue tracker and settled with Rollbar for its simplicity and integration capabilities. We use Rollbar for tracking Java and Javascript exception and our effort to create integration hook was almost zero. As far as collaboration is concerned, we love the way it's integrated with JIRA and HipChat.

Vorteile: Simplicity, Ability to integrate with tools and our application to track real-time issue.

Nachteile: None

• Bewertet am 12.1.2017
Piotr S.
Software Engineer
  • Bewertet am 7.9.2016

"Great debugging tool"

Kommentare: Rollbar is a must-have for the debugging toolkit. You get errors reported in one place, with history, tracebacks, all request data, user data and so on. Capturing of locals and args is *incredibly* useful and speeds up debugging greatly. You can easily have many people looking at a bug at the same time. The interface is really clear and easy to use, even for the non-dev teammates. You won't be needing much support, but when you do it'll be both very responsive and very effective. Setup is easy and Rollbar never gets in the way of your code. Just add that integration with Slack and you'll find Rollbar indispensable. Massive opportunity for squashing bugs quickly. Definitely do recommend!

Vorteile: - Tracebacks
- Locals and args captured
- Request and user data
- RQL!

Nachteile: - Not everything can be exported as CSV (yet?)
- More out-of-the box integrations would be very useful (i.e. Celery)

• Bewertet am 7.9.2016
William C.
Developer
Telekommunikation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"Excellent Debugging Tool"

Vorteile: Rollbar makes it very easy to see where and how frequently bugs in your programs crop up. Rollbar can also be early warnings for other monitoring platforms like Datadog, and indicate something is wrong before your other alarms start going off. The tracebacks on the errors are super helpful and since you can add whatever metadata you want pinpointing problems is made a lot easier.

Nachteile: The error grouping is not also on point, and it's *so easy* to use Rollbar that you will end up spending a lot of time trying to determine which errors actually merit throwing a Rollbar error, and your Rollbar slack channel will definitely get noisy if you don't stay on top of it.

Przemysław D.
Senior Software Engineer
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.7.2020

"Solid tool that meets my needs"

Kommentare: I'm satisfied with Rollbar. It meets my needs.

Vorteile: Dashboard with items is extremely useful. It provides many options to filter & sort all captured errors/warnings/etc. It shows many pieces of information in a clear way.
I like recent updates with custom fingerprinting that allows easier grouping of items.

Nachteile: There are some places that require extra clicking after UI redesign, e.g. "Settings" for project.
I'd like to run RQL faster and have simple editor or code-completion aid to write RQL queries easier.

Co-founder, web & graphic designer, PM, front-end developer
  • Quelle: GetApp
  • Bewertet am 10.3.2018

"Awesome crashlytics for SaaS! One of those MUST HAVE apps."

Vorteile: We have been using Rollbar for last 3 years and we are not planning on quiting! WE LOVE IT! Easy to integrate into our products. Maintaining crash-free app became a lot easier. Support on HIGHEST level. INTEGRATION with JIRA is also a great add-on.

Nachteile: Integration with JIRA could be more advanced. In our company we use kanban boards and it would be a great feature if we could prepare tickets from Rollbar to automatically have every necessary field filled in.

• Quelle: GetApp
  • Bewertet am 10.3.2018
  • Bewertet am 18.4.2018

"We rely on Rollbar for great client-side error logging"

Kommentare: Rollbar let us drop in an SDK that automatically wired up to capture browser errors without a ton of work on our end, which was a huge time-saver.

Vorteile: Rollbar is great for logging client-side javascript errors (although they can also log errors from a bunch of other sources), and we use their source-map feature to have useful error reports on our minified code. Rollbar also has useful alerting for when a new issue crops up, or an issue crosses a threshold for number of times seen. When we've gone to them for support we've found it to be great.

Nachteile: Rollbar is reasonably good at de-duping the same errors and grouping them into a single item, although that's not yet flawless. They've also got a query language that we've used a little but, although in our experience it is pretty slow to return results (which could totally be on us).

• Bewertet am 18.4.2018
Parth C.
Devops
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"Zen of rollbar"

Kommentare: It's awesome to know about the error as they occur but it's not cost friendly. Your are one faulty release away from getting bombarded for same errors.

Vorteile: Ui is very accessible and self explanatory
Setup and integration is easy

Nachteile: Hard to prioritize
More error equals more money

Lead Software Engineer
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.10.2018

"Best-In-Class Error Reporting"

Kommentare: Rollbar is an absolutely fantastic service and highly-responsive support if you ever hit an issue, all at a very reasonable price point. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Vorteile: - Easy integrations make setup a breeze
- Ability to filter errors by environment and assigned level make management great
- Deployment tracking, view errors by user, search errors using SQL-like syntax, deobfuscation of stack traces - more features than you can shake a stick at

Nachteile: - Automatic grouping of errors leaves something to be desired, but this is can be worked around by marking these errors manually

• Bewertet am 3.10.2018
Jeremy M.
Senior Software Engineer
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

"My Take"

Kommentare: For the most part, Rollbar works for what I want it to - which is tracking the exceptions that are thrown throughout my system.

Vorteile: Rollbar does its job - which is keep track of exceptions. I am able to track exceptions across environments, frameworks, and languages.

Nachteile: The UI is slow to load. I additionally find the search feature to not be very helpful. Lastly, I find grouping to be difficult.

João S.
Agile Master
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.7.2020

"Rollbar is an awesome tool"

Kommentare: Rollbar is really good and fits for our purpose really well. We use it mainly to send logs of errors and it helps us identifying issues within our softwares which use it.

Vorteile: The items page is really organised, the custom objects are very useful too.
RQL - are very handy in order to investigate specific errors occurring on our client base.

Nachteile: I wish I could tell rollbar to ignore some items and stop registering them on our account. Muting doesn't completely resolve, because it continues consuming our quota. We use the software to log some embedded systems, which are hard to update. And sometimes when there is a fix to an ocurrence in a newer version, the old ones keep triggering the old ocurrences, which we would like to no longer receive.

Matic J.
  • Bewertet am 28.1.2017

"A must-have for high-availability systems and SaaS"

Kommentare: At Nightwatch.io, we are genuinely impressed by the error tracking power that Rollbar provides us. With its numerous integrations, we pipelined the error messages directly to our chatroom so we can eradicate bugs right away. It's one of those systems that are so useful you don't even think about not using them when starting a new programming adventure.

Vorteile: No downtimes, efficient, excellent reports

Nachteile: Web interface could perhaps use a refreshment

• Bewertet am 28.1.2017
Johnathan R.
  • Bewertet am 19.11.2015

"Solid error tracking service"

Kommentare: Our team has been testing Rollbar as a possible replacement for Honeybadger and has liked it enough to decide to make the switch! Some of the features that stood out to us: * Better UI/UX in general that makes the app feel more comfortable to use * Pricing is more affordable (assuming a reasonable number of events per month) * Powerful notification settings, letting us set up different issue severity and only receive notifications on what matters most (more signal, less noise) * Mute option (another way to cut down on the noise) * More logical error grouping (especially for JavaScript errors) * More powerful options for auto-resolving and cleaning up old errors * Nice "person tracking" functionality to see who is affected by various errors * Good asynchronous error reporting options in the Ruby adapter * RQL query language for powerful searching (although it's still a little rough around the edges) We ran into a few minor annoyances: * The gem providing Resque support is developed by a third-party and doesn't seem to get much use (1 watcher and 4 stars as of the time of this review). Honeybadger provides native Resque support in the official Ruby gem. * There doesn't seem to be any search functionality on the documentation page. * No documentation and a slightly unintuitive workflow for one of the integrations we use. Overall, Rollbar looks like a solid service that was easy to set up, easy to use, and has some powerful features for searching through past error data. We're looking forward to making the switch.

• Bewertet am 19.11.2015