Über Heroku

Heroku ist eine containerbasierte Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS). Entwickler verwenden Heroku zum Bereitstellen, Verwalten und Skalieren moderner Anwendungen.

Erfahre mehr über Heroku

I like that heroku can be integrated with our GitHub account and via the cli I can update my deployed code.

Bewertungen zu Heroku

Heroku hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 300 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Heroku bereits verwendet?

Ramon
Ramon
Tecnico em desenvolvimento in Brasilien

For all applications

Kommentare: My API and database is in heroku, in free mode, and meets the requirements well. Fully integrated with git, after each commit + push the service is automatically restarted with updates.

It is highly scalable, starting with a free version and then scaling up as needed. Deploying and Continuing Integration is very useful as well as being integrated with git, keeping your master up to date.

Sometimes I get confused about the real usefulness of each tab in web configurations, but it is something that is little used, does not disturb.

DevOps Lead in Schweden
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Most straight forward git push deployment around

Kommentare: Wonderful developer / DevOps experience. In ~6 years of using the service we've hardly seen any issues attributable to Heroku itself (rather to AWS which they buiding their service on top of).

Very simple to deploy and configure. Allows developers to manage deployments and serverside configuration without the need for a dedicated DevOps team. Apart from just running applications their Heroku Postgres offering is rock-solid (and last I checked: the largest Postgres cloud deployment in the world).

- Support for 0 downtime deploys via "preboot" is too rudimentary. Preferably it would verify that the deployed code actually managed to boot before routing traffic. Also no built in support for canary deploys. - Could use more dyno types (ie. instance types) to fit more use-cases. However introducing more options would also complicate the product and business model so understandable that it's kept simple. - Somewhat overpriced. - For security focused enterprise organisations the lack of fine grained security settings might be an issue.

Nat
? in USA
Bankwesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Go Somewhere Else!

Kommentare: Heroku has refused to dialogue despite us giving them several chances over the half of the decade. So they've blown it. So time to say our official good byes.

Not really anything that stood out too much.

We have a long list but will give the short story. We are never coming back to this company again for multiple reasons which we addressed to them several times for the past 4-5 years. Employees completely blew us off, and if they even did answer on some rare occassion, they woud send out derogatory and antagonistic communications. This group refused to use phone, so the limited accessbility was only with email, when they would always pickle us back and forth to differing departments, not finding any solutions for us. Although we continued to warn them that if they do not improve their prices, features, and attitude and professionalism, they still ignored us. So a promise is a promise: they are never getting a single email from me ever again, although they still send me antagonistic emails to us, rather than simply helping us- you know, the ones paything THEM for their salaries. They are so lucky to have their jobs still? They don't even deserve to be in the workforce! And to this day, they still insist on sending harassing emails to us despite the fact that we have now officially blocked them TWICE. And they wonder why they don't get respect from us. Treat us like your toilets, Heroku had better believe they will have to suffer the consequences and then some. Trust and respect are earned, not given. Good bye and best of luck to you. Go somewhere else. This group is full of harassers! And that's unethical behavior on their part.

Piotr
CTO in Polen
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good for first, gets really expensive later on

Really good for a start - first deployment and starting serving users is a breeze

It gets really expensive really fast. Vendor lock-in is an important factor you need to take into account - it's really difficult to switch from heroku.

Farzam
Software Developer in Deutschland

Easy to Use and Highly Flexible - A Winning Combination

Kommentare: I have been using Heroku for a few years now and have found it to be a great platform for quickly building and deploying applications. It is easy to use, highly flexible, and can easily scale as needed. The only downside is the cost, but for many applications it is well worth it.

Heroku is a great platform for building and deploying applications quickly and easily. The user interface is intuitive and easy to use, and the service itself is highly flexible and powerful. With the ability to easily scale applications as needed, Heroku is a great choice for those who need a reliable and flexible platform.

The only downside to Heroku is the cost. For larger applications, the cost of hosting can be quite high. Additionally, some features such as database backups and monitoring can be expensive to add on.

Sam
Architect in UK
Zeitung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Heroku is still one of the simplest and best out there

Configuring and deploying a system is still about as simple as it's possible to be, their add-ons market makes creating and managing your infrastructure trivial, and the simple push-to-deploy mechanism makes releasing new versions easy.

The only downside to Heroku is the price can grow faster than you might expect - though personally I don't mind this as the amount we save on not having our own devops team easily makes it worthwhile. I can see this being more of an issue for companies who have both an in house team and a Heroku instance.

Dylan
Lead Developer in UK

Unparalleled Platform as a Service

Kommentare: Heroku made it incredibly easy as a small team to build our startup with a lean team of developers and just focus on building the things that matter instead of fiddling with server configs.

Heroku as a service allows small teams of developers to be insanely productive. We have never needed anybody to be a DevOps expert, we can just develop and deploy with zero-config.

Heroku is expensive compared to equivalent specced offerings from other cloud providers, but most of the cost is in how easy it makes deployment.

Suman
Software Engineer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Heroku is easiest option for deployment.

Kommentare: I'd give 9.5 out of 10 for Heroku. This is the easiest deployment service I have ever seen. Add ons and dyno scaling makes is very good tool. The have nice documentation too in overall.

It is the easiest option for deployment I have ever seen. And the option for addon is plenty. The option for dyno scaling is easy. Also Review app feature from Heroku is one of the most underrated features for them. We user review the app feature for all pull requests and all QA reviews.

It is a bit expensive for a starter and low traffic web application. Most of the time debugging is pretty easy with Rollbar and Papertrail logs but those only works when the app already started. If the app cannot start after deployment it gives H10 error which is very generic and does not tell anything about the error.

Yashovardhan
Researcher in Indien
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Best Place to run node.js for backend work

Kommentare: Overall, my experience with Heroku has been good. They offer great service and are always improving their offerings. The documentation is excellent and the support is responsive. I haven't had any major issues with using Heroku. They make it easy to get my app up and running quickly and easily. The documentation is great and the support team is responsive and helpful.

First, it is very easy to use and set up. You can get your app up and running in just a few minutes. Second, it has great documentation and support. If you have any problems, you can usually find a solution in the Heroku docs or on the Heroku support site. And finally, Heroku is always adding new features and improving their platform. I also liked the ease of use and the concise documentation.

The least liked thing about Heroku is the way it charges for resources. For example, if you want to keep your app running continuously, you have to pay for a dyno (virtual machine) every month. This can add up quickly if you have multiple apps or need to run multiple dynos simultaneously.

Telekommunikation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

always want to love Heroku, keep getting stuck on like

Heroku is great for turn keying an app or DB during the early days

lack of console or the ability to just get a straight shell is always why we leave, project after project

Gerson
Software Developer in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

A Nice Hosting Option

Kommentare: Heroku is a good option for those looking a potential hosting service for their apps, and not only are the base and free options well-fleshed out, and the pricing is not egregious. While one has to be sure to take the time to learn Heroku, not only their web app but also their CLI, that's expected, and they make sure they provide a lot of resources for newcomers. I continue to use Heroku and hope to test them in larger scale apps in the future,

Heroku is a good hosting option for one's own apps. Being able to support several different languages is also a big plus of not having to worry about moving different code bases and still being able to work with Heroku. Upon creation, adding a project to Heroku does take a bit of work but when it definitely gets going, it does feel good and pushing updates doesn't take long for them to get running with the Github integration, which is a massive QoL addition within Heroku. Within apps there a lot of options that one can work with, even with the free plan and give lots of information to be able to track how one's app performance along with being able to keep track of potential errors and faults. The Heroku CLI is also nice to work with and well developed, being able to manage directly from terminal is important. The different staging options are pretty going in being able to test one's own app before even releasing out to the public and having a lot of options in testing before release is a big plus. While learning, I do have to say that Heroku’s wiki is fleshed out and provides a lot of information for someone new to such software.

Navigating through their website could use improvement, and while I have gotten used to Heroku and generally have a good idea of where their content is, I do feel like in the beginning I was constantly wondering where some options where and felt like information could definitely be better displayed along with general navigation. I also which there was a way to change up the appearance of the desktop app.

Parth
Web Developer in Indien
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best free app hosting service

Kommentare: I've launched several applications using Heroku because it's free. Dinos are a boon since they let me execute basic apps at absolutely no expense. Heroku has been connected with a number of apps and platforms. I have a free Bot deployed on Heroku that tweets a Mars picture every hour. Previously, I considered various options, but nothing beats Heroku.

Heroku provides solutions that make it easier and less complicated to deploy our application. The nicest part about Heroku is that you don't have to deal with the headache of setting up a server, hiring a URL, maintaining proxies, authentication, and so on. Because all connectors use event-bus connectivity, Heroku apps may produce events on our Salesforce platform. Furthermore, it is simple to add additional services and set up numerous settings for testing and development. Pipelines are an excellent tool that significantly enhances new integrations.

I expected the price would fall over time, but that does not appear to have happened. We must have prior expertise choosing which connection to utilise to map our Salesforce object fields to the table and how to monitor its activity. We utilise it to host third-party API integrations with our ERP. If there is no user engagement for an extended period of time, applications can fall to sleep. Setting up environment setup is also a little more difficult than with simpler options.

Dushyant
Software Engineer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Feature rich, easy to setup PaaS

Kommentare: H is a great tool to deploy for small teams and people wishing to host small projects. I connect my Github repos to the platform and it automatically handles much of the build and setup process. It can do better in terms of diversifying its scope of services, rather than just sticking to server hosting

Heroku allows us to deploy simple full stack applications to the cloud, without us having to go through the complex AWS/GCP/Azure configurations. For pet projects and/or minor applications, it provides a great uptime, fast deployment, CI/CD, database deployment plugins, and good logging mechanisms, so that we developers can focus on the business logic without worrying about configuring our environment

I faced several issues while setting up simple applications, and the answers to fix them were more like hacks. Its CLI, while useful is prone to bugs and lacks documentation. It provides limited functionality compared to IaaS platforms like AWS.

Isak
Developer in Schweden
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple and affordable platform as a service

Kommentare: Heroku allows us to focus on developing actual applications without the need to worry about complex server configuration and networking.

Ease of setting up new applications and provisioning add-ons. Great user interface for easily managing applications.

Limitations in application setup makes it unsuitable for large multi-service systems. HTTP requests are limited due to a enforced timeout of 30s.

Andrew
Customer Support REP in USA
Tierarzt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

My Experience With Heroku

I like the container security features The software basically makes application development easy

It served us well. However, new users needs thorough training

Nicholas
CTO in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Support is non existent

Kommentare: 5+ years. As long as you have no support needs you will have an overpriced, workable solution.

Attracted to the software for simplicity of deployment and alleged production grade 3rd party app ecosystem

1. Support is literally non existent. good luck solving your problems because they will not assist you. 2. Support is literally non existent. good luck solving your problems because they will not assist you. 3. Support is literally non existent. good luck solving your problems because they will not assist you. 4. Support is literally non existent. good luck solving your problems because they will not assist you. 5. Expensive 6. Go with an all in solution with Amazon and save your natural hair color

Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

My take on Heroku

Kommentare: I've been happy with the tools Heroku has offered me. However, for a user that knows her way around cloud providers these might provide a more fine grained control over their application's availability.

A decent free to use offer, and a overwhelmingly well thought paid plan. Integration with Git and other Control Version systems is mature and well thought, allowing the team to make sure the application is always up and running.

The interface is not always as responsive as one would wish for, also the CLI version is not yet as intuitive as I would expect. Migrating your application from Heroku to another provider could also be easier.

Automotive, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

New to cloud development? Heroku is a great place to start with low startup cost to scale up

Kommentare: Mostly positive. Before steering folks towards Azure/AWS, I would refer them to try out Heroku first to wet their feet.

I was up and running in about an hour. I didn't understand very much about cloud ops, or deployments in the cloud and they made it simple enough to use--even interesting. I love the company behind Heroku; their vision is leading the CI/CD industry with affordable and scalable web development.

Dynamos were just plain confusing. Coming as someone from a pure client/server architecture background who'd never worked in the cloud, it seemed a little scary. Heroku (at the time ) didn't offer a lot of training or documentation on how their pay-to-play model worked. Thankfully, they had a free tier, but I'm not sure it's around anymore :(

Software Engineer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Hard to beat platform for application deployment

Kommentare: Overall, I love using Heroku and will keep using it as my preference for application deployment. The integration with Terraform and GitHub actions leave me more time to spend writing code.

Heroku's platform is very intuitive and easy to learn as a developer. The APIs available make it possible to automate lots of the CI/CD pipeline which cuts back on tedious tasks and lets developers have more time for developing. It's also possible to integrate with Terraform for easy and consistent setup between various applications.

The removal of the free tier is my least favorite aspect. Free tiers are great for proof of concepts and low mileage/hobby applications. It's a great way to get toes in the door, which leads to whole accounts being set up.

Alvaro
Alvaro
Director of Web Development in Kolumbien

Great PaaS for your application

Heroku is a great Platform as a Service product. You can set up a server and deploy it in a few minutes (at least a ruby on rails application). Integration with git is awesome!. You can scale your app with only a couple of clicks and is as transparent as it should be. If you don't want to spend money with a dev ops and managing server this is the solution for you.

They only con I will say is the pricing, even though you will save a lot of money in your initial stage, since you won't need someone to manage the infrastructure of your application, when you app start to grow, also will your invoices.

James
CTO in Kanada
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Amazing way to bootstrap your online service.

Kommentare: Getting my startup up and going without having to have a IT/OPS co-founder. Amazing way to get your product out to search the market space.

The ability to pick and choose services and scale that fit your budget is amazing on this stack. One is able to get a product out the door *FREE* and then scale and grow as necessary, and with some good guidance as one finds their market.

The black box nature of the solution is a pro and a con. I find sometimes wanting to know more about what is going on in the fabric of the solution to track down why something isn't working. However, this is small in comparison to the benefit it provides.

Danilo
Danilo
Engenheiro de software in Brasilien
Internet, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best platform for hobby and production apps

Kommentare: Best platform for hobby and production apps, great documentation and very easy for ruby/rails apps.

Heroku has a very intuitive and well-organized dashboard, it offers a simple vision of your apps' databases, with tools like backup & restore, access to a console inside the database instance, and simple statistics. The deploy is only a git push to a previously configured remote, and the output is shown just right in the terminal, which is very good because I don't need to open a browser to verify the deploy status.

Therefore the documentation is very complete and full of support links and articles, maybe it could be better suited for junior developers, because some things seems a little out of order, like, they don't say that you need to provision a database instance, but already give you the database setup commands.

Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple way to keep your web apps up

Kommentare: I use Heroku for all of my consultancy work. It makes it easier to manage resources for non-technical clients.

Zero downtime during deployment is the best feature. Unlike traditional hosts, you do not have to take the whole server down to make the deployment. The deployments are made to another dyno while the old dyno keeps serving. As deployment is completed, dynos are switched and your visitors do not notice a downtime.

Heroku is good for small to medium web applications. Their cost grows rapidly as the website demands more resources.

Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Heroku for Small Hosting Needs

Kommentare: For hosting needs for a website, we found Heroku to be easy to understand upfront, with clear info on pricing and costs and how it is structured and can be deployed for use on your site.

The official website of Heroku is extremely professional, which also shows in your own Heroku account if you do end up using it. Since I chose Heroku to host my website for my company needs, I have never had any escalated issues or major flaws or problems that caused it to make me want to switch. It is easy and has good navigation tools.

I think it would be a bit more helpful for the knowledge base and customer support tools to be more easily navigable. While rich and deep with resources, soetimes finding the right article or help forum/topic issue can be a bit challenging, however, the overall set-up of Heroku is pretty smooth and doesn't cause problems.

Axel
Axel
CEO in Schweden

A platform to grow with

How easy it has been to get started and upgrade the capacity instantly as we have grown our SaaS business.

Have had some trouble signing in to the account from a Chrome browser for a time. So had to open a browser I normally dont use to get in. However my colleagues did not seem to experience it.