Über Gong.io

Get powerful visibility into your customer conversations. Win more deals, improve selling skills, and gain market intelligence.

Erfahre mehr über Gong.io

Kunal B.
Co-founder & Design Lead
  • Bewertet am 11.2.2020

"Great tool, even for SMBs"

Kommentare: I feel like I'm part of the Gong community already 2 months into our journey. I'm learning a lot from their team and excited to be a customer.

Vorteile: The Gong.io team creates a great experience, from learning and buying, all the way to onboarding and and helping you be successful in using their product to hit your goals. Even as a small customer, I feel like I got white-glove service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (sales) and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (CS). Already in week 1, we're getting so many insights from our call recordings. As we figure out how to sell better to our six new buyer personas, Gong will be invaluable in figuring out our sales playbook.

Nachteile: The only con in buying is that we didn't have enough people to meet the minimum seats. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped us work through this and still get enough value to justify the cost.

Steven M.
Product Manager
  • Bewertet am 25.11.2019

"Great tool to discover valuable insights!"

Kommentare: It has been an excellent addition to our product management stack. Having the ability to connect with different systems for virtual calls it's really helpful. The UX of the product is great.

Vorteile: In our customer-centric approach listen to our customers it's religious. I really like the ability to quickly identify who is talking in the conversation, general areas and interact with my coworkers based on the findings for every call.

Nachteile: This is a great tool but kinda expensive compared with other similar tools. You should consider your budget first before making the decision. If you can afford it, it will pay the price.

• Bewertet am 25.11.2019
Adam G.
Enterprise Growth
  • Bewertet am 25.6.2020

"Great tool for small & medium sized sales teams"

Kommentare: Gong.io is always used by our new employees to listen to sales and customer success calls to learn the lay of the land. Super useful.

Vorteile: My favorite part of Gong is it's unique, advanced technology that listens to the call and automatically inputs timestamps with talking points and who is speaking for your recorded conversations. GREAT for sales teams and customer success teams to go back and listen and easily find any vital information that was discussed on the call.

Nachteile: At the current time I can truly say I have no problems or complaints with the Gong.io platform. I'm just surprised it isn't used by more sales teams.

• Bewertet am 25.6.2020
Madeline P.
Senior Account Executive

"Maddie's Review"

Kommentare: It has been pleasant overall!

Vorteile: Being able to listen to reps that are performing well's calls

Nachteile: I cannot figure out how to find Closed Won calls anymore like I used to. Those are the calls I am most interested in to learn more

Rebekah R.
SDR
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.4.2020

"Gong: developing sales orgs into world class teams"

Kommentare: 10/10 Easy, useful and overall necessary in an inside sales role in which young professionals are hoping to learn.

Vorteile: Gong is a phenomenal product. As an SDR and someone who is semi-new to the workforce, I am constantly looking for ways to improve and grow within my career. Having the ability to record each conversation, get a transcript version and be able to share this with my team has made it easy for training, feedback and constant growth.

Nachteile: Gong really doesn't have any issues in my opinion. There may be room for improvement in the search bar - as you type it makes recommendations and then maps you to the one it thinks you're referring to, but sometimes I am just trying to search a generic word and it makes it difficult.

• Bewertet am 3.4.2020
Mili T.
Senior Account Executive
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.2.2020

"Product-first, intuitive revenue intelligence software"

Kommentare: Excellent and customer first.

Vorteile: Ease of use, salesforce integration, great brand and strong product innovation.

Nachteile: Sometimes our dialing software doesn't get tracked in Gong from other applications. This is an integration piece.

• Bewertet am 19.7.2019

"Captures everything!"

Vorteile: I love that Gong automatically records, transcribes and coaches each call. It is super intuitive and is great for self-review, peer review, and coaching. I love that it's super easy to share segments of calls for review, collaboration, and feedback. The mobile app is super user friendly and makes it easy to record in person meetings as well.

Nachteile: I don't like how it shows up as it's own "person" on Zoom calls.

• Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Nate R.
  • Bewertet am 11.2.2020

"Gong is an amazing tool..."

Kommentare: My experience with Gong has been great! I highly recommend it.

Vorteile: I love being able to record my calls and review the audio or transcript to ensure I'm picking up all the important information on the calls

Nachteile: I haven't really found anything I don't like. There is a process to learn all of the functionality. I think the thing I like least is I don't yet know how to fully take advantage of all its' features.

James P.
Team Lead, Customer Success
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.2.2020

"A must have tool for sales and customer success "

Vorteile: Gong gives our team the ability to gain actionable insights into how well we are handling calls with clients. Do we repeat words too often? Do we allow enough time between our sentences? This is also an amazing system of record for calls so I can go back and review what was discussed previously. Clients love to receive the recordings as well, especially when they are instructional training calls.

Nachteile: I wish there would be the ability to cater the insights much more to Customer Success. It's very sales focused.

Ashley C.
SDR 3
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.4.2020

"Great calling tool"

Kommentare: Great experience, always (most of the time) my calls sound clear.

Vorteile: One thing I can say is I've never been disconnected while on a Gong call.

Nachteile: One thing I don't like (rarely happens) is when my prospect can't hear me on the call.

• Bewertet am 2.4.2020
Joey B.
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.3.2019

"One of the most valuable investments our team has made"

Kommentare: Excellent. I would give up just about any other tool in our GTM-specific stack before I gave up Gong.

Vorteile: As an individual contributor, I can't think of another piece of software our team has brought on that is more valuable to me than Gong (excluding the table-stakes Salesforce or Slack type stuff). Gong is my insurance policy when my notes don't capture everything and I need to relisten to a call before the next stage meeting. Gong gives me insight into the quality of a conversation based on the metrics it provides (how long did I spend talking in comparison to the prospect? What does that say about the pitch, or this customer fit?) Gong is also invaluable to our new team members (across many teams, not just sales) who want to get exposed to customer and prospect conversations fast, and on-demand. The interface isn't the prettiest but is easy enough to navigate, and I love being able to speed up calls 1-2X speed in .25 increments. The call transcript search is handy when I want to find a specific thing I remember discussing on a call. I like that Gong provides industry benchmarks for the metrics it measures.

Nachteile: Having Gong has made me a little bit more of a careless notetaker, because I know Gong is my insurance policy. At times this has burned me if some Zoom difficulty means the call doesn't get properly recorded because the Gong bot didn't get invited. If there are better categorization methods for calls, our team isn't using them. But it may be helpful to be able to quickly designate calls by type (prospect vs current customer) and use case / vertical (eCommerce vs SaaS for example). Salesforce data is pulled into Gong so maybe there's a way we just aren't utilizing.

Mason B.
  • Bewertet am 11.2.2020

"Could Not Live Without Gong"

Kommentare: Nothing short of exceptional. Gong also has a strong presence on social mediums and continues to come across as a thought-leader.

Vorteile: As an Account Executive in the Software Space, I could not do my job as effectively without it. I use Gong's mobile and web-based solutions every day. Mobile App:
In order to stay on top of my funnel in a detailed fashion, I am referencing prior conversations with my customer base every day. Gong's mobile application is the best way for me to reference prior conversations or demos on-the-go. Whether I am commuting to/from work or rushing through the office with headphones in, Gong's mobile application is a reliable way to leverage SSO and access my customer conversations from wherever my work takes me. Truly a life saver.
Sharing Calls/Demos w/ Customers:
One of the easiest ways to hold my customers accountable and accelerate my deal velocity as a rep is the ability to share recordings with my customers. Without Gong, I am certain I would not have the deal velocity I have today nor the ability to multi-thread behind the scenes as easily as Gong allows me to today.

Nachteile: Some analytics/call coaching capabilities are not available in my mobile instance of Gong. I am not sure if this is something my company does not pay for, however, this would be a "nice to have" as a rep while on-the-go.

Rachel H.
Sales Enablement Manager
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.2.2020

"Gong provides the visibility needed to up-level your organization"

Kommentare: Gong's customer support is phenomenal. The product is easy to use and you want to use it. It's been invaluable to getting each of the employees who touch an account on the same page.

Vorteile: It's easy to share calls internally and externally. If you set it up properly, you don't have to do anything for Gong to work. It just shows up in the background without any additional steps required from you. The reporting is robust and is presented in a way that makes it easy to know on what areas to coach your employees. The reporting, searching abilities, and transcripts make it easy to find best in class calls to add to the library so that the employees can learn from one another. It is especially helpful that you can highlight a "snippet" that is especially powerful or to reiterate the best next actions agreed to with the client. They can hear their agreement in their own words.

Nachteile: Some challenges are the way that our company uses Salesforce doesn't match the way that Gong set up their Gong to Salesforce integration. This restricts how accurate some of the forecasting is, due to multiple opportunities within one account. That's our biggest issue as well as challenges getting single sign-on connected. They are addressing both of these issues, but they have prevented us from getting the most out of Gong.

Natalie Y.
  • Bewertet am 27.3.2019

"The Most Valuable Innovative Tool of the Decade"

Kommentare: I am a raving fan. I don't know if I've ever really been a raving fan of a tool, besides the company I work at (Copper CRM!). I love their UI, their marketing emails which are NOT annoying (how?!?!), and their friendly support team. But mostly- this incredible tool allows me to become a better salesperson. Faster.

Vorteile: So novel. Yes, other demo softwares allow you to get insights. But Gong takes it to a whole different level. The tips are a prime example of artificial intelligence of the future. I can see exactly what I need to improve immediately after a call- and I check after each one. I set realistic goals that I can actually measure based on recommended best practices that are outlined to me from research that Gong makes available to me- average amount of patience, interactivity, and more that's necessary for a successful sales call.

Nachteile: The only thing I would change is that I'd like to be able to search more words within demos I've completed. The search functionality is already incredible, as it can pinpoint certain filler words and I can search a variety of terms. If it could capture more, which it likely will as they progress, I'd be thrilled.

• Bewertet am 27.3.2019
Brian R.
Head of Global Inside Sales

"It takes a Village"

Kommentare: It has been a game changer for our entire sales org, as we grow as a company, and especially while we work to align our Global messaging across disparate offices. The Tribal knowledge we can now share is critical to our growth in 2020.

Vorteile: It creates true accountability across our customer facing teams that we are all properly taking the handoff from one another and moving our narrative forward. It’s the ONLY tool that everyone in our sales org asks for others feedback.

Nachteile: I’d like to see alerts anytime a specific chosen phrase or word is used by my team so that I can move quicker to resolution and feedback.

Cassandra G.
Manager, Business Development
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

"Gong for biz dev"

Kommentare: I use gong to listen to recordings of sales calls to look for patterns, areas of improvement, and possible areas of training

Vorteile: I love the idea that I can get alerts for certain types of calls to review but have yet to do this. I also like that I can read a transcript alongside the recording for extra clarity.

Nachteile: I do have some difficulty setting up the filters to get alerts for certain calls. I also think the user experience could be a LOT simpler.

Myles J.
Business Development Representative
  • Bewertet am 1.4.2019

"Gong's Awesome"

Kommentare: My experience has been great. I watch a recorded gong video everyday. It's great for educational training and being able to observe other peoples conversations, understanding where they're having an impact conversations.

Vorteile: Gong gives me easy insight into conversations that I'm having and where the conversation is having a big impact based on the topics being discussed. It show's me how much I'm speaking, how much the client is speaking and whether or not the time is allocated appropriately to have a selling opportunity move forward. It's a great platform to learn and educate yourself based on recorded meetings of my co-workers

Nachteile: There haven't been many cons, if any at all. It's been a great tool to be using and has provided great insight into our conversations with customers/prospects at our organization.

• Bewertet am 1.4.2019
Jason R.
VP Sales
  • Bewertet am 11.2.2020

"The only software I would pay for out of my own pocket if I needed to"

Kommentare: Call coaching
Call scoring
Call library
Keyword spotting for objection handling, comp intel, analyzing trends, etc

Vorteile: Ease of set up
Ease of use
Value
Customer service
Features & Functionality

Nachteile: If I am forced to put something down, I have had I think 3 or 4 different CSMs in the past year. That being said, we are not needy at all.

Sam R.
Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.2.2020

"Loaded with functionality - very easy to learn"

Kommentare: I've had a very positive experience. It's been a key data source for feeding the competitive intelligence process, and many other users have pulled great insights across a variety of topics from it.

Vorteile: It's very simple to learn at a basic level, which makes it easy to dive deeper into the functionality. Within a few minutes you can start to unlock insights about what kinds of topics are coming up in calls, how prospects are reacting to certain methods, etc. The interface for setting up automation is straightforward as well, and that gives you access to a host of use-cases for automatically extracting insights from your call data. It integrates pretty seamlessly with different CRM providers - including Salesforce and HubSpot. Using it to trigger workflows in tools like Zapier is a great feature.

Nachteile: While there's a lot you can do to analyze the data within the application - the manual data export feature isn't as great. If you just want to cut and filter a spreadsheet, it's a pretty cumbersome process. That being said, if you connect it to another tool for analyzing the data it's not a problem.

Lily D.
Director, Customer Success
  • Bewertet am 29.7.2019

"Great for client facing teams!"

Kommentare: I would rate my overall experience with Gong.io a 10. It is solving the problem of reps being distracted on calls trying to talk to clients, fully listen, and also take detailed notes!

Vorteile: What I love most about Gong.io is that it transcribes your calls for you! I no longer have to worry about taking notes during my calls and being distracted as I know I can rely on Gong to record every single piece of information and transcribe it back to me via a script I can read through and pull from as if I took free handed notes. I also love that it captures how often you say a specific word (for example: my filler word is "so") to ensure that you can work on your presentation skills and realize how often you may say particular words that you should tweak in your talk track and/or overall call skills.

Nachteile: This isn't really a "con", but there are so many features that when I first started using it I felt overwhelmed. However, now that I use it every day, I feel really comfortable with the solution and it no longer feels like there is too much I should look at/do in terms of recapping my calls.

• Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Joe L.
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.2.2020

"A Must-Have for Sales Teams"

Kommentare: Me and my management are able to dive into calls, both early and deep into sales cycles, and see what I could be doing better, and what areas I am particularly strong in, to give me the most relevant training and support going forward. I started at my current company in the middle of their evaluation of Gong and immediately pushed management to get the tool for us because of how much it brought to my last sales organization.

Vorteile: I've now used Gong at two organizations and, as a sales professional, I get a ton of value from the transcriptions and keyword searches I can do on my calls. I often have hours of conversations, demos, and proof of concepts per client and Gong allows me to focus on the current moment not taking notes and highlighting the most important requirements.

Nachteile: The timeline style view of each sales/engagement cycle can be a bit confusing, but there is an easy way to skip to the list of all recorded calls per account in chronological order.

Lisa W.
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.3.2019

"Closing more deals with Gong"

Kommentare: My overall experience has been great. I have used other call recordings, but never found them intuitive or easy to use. Gong's platform makes me want to use it and learn more. There isn't a day that goes by that I am not using Gong. I can't say the same for other call recordings I used in the past.

Vorteile: I am new to my company and Gong has been a real game changer. I love listening to demos/calls on my commute to work from top performers. I also love that I can tag my manager in parts of my calls and have her give me feedback. Gong has helped me ramp up a lot quicker with the ability to search for all of our product offerings and listen specific parts of those calls where reps are pitching that product line. This has allowed me to resort to Gong for a lot of my sales related questions versus asking people on my team what they would say in certain situations.

Nachteile: There is nothing I don't love about the software, only a little minor technical issue. I wish I could easily move the date on calls I schedule in Gong without having to delete them and reschedule them.

Kelly W.
Enterprise Accounts
  • Bewertet am 11.2.2020

"Sales or Customer Success/Support - Why haven't you purchased already?!"

Kommentare: We needed a way to review snippets of calls to hone our craft and get better at the simple things within calls. Before, we would record everything in Zoom and have to sit and listen to basically the entire call to figure out what was going on. Now, everything is uploaded, you can search (The voice analytics has come a LONG way) and tag those around you to get added insight and feedback. It's been incredible in helping new BDR's along the way.

Vorteile: It's VERY easy to navigate, use, administer, and help those around that need coaching. I appreciate the fact that I can tag people within the org easily and clip certain parts of the call for us to review in 1:1 sessions or as a team.

Nachteile: Clipping can be a little hard to figure out. When first launching Gong - I wish there was better functionality to bulk add previous calls from VoIP or other sources to specific folders instead of manually doing it one at a time.

Nancy F.
Senior Business Development

"Gong is a Gamechanger "

Kommentare: Benefits, my prospects often relay technical terms or have difficult accents that I don't need to stop our conversation and ask to repeat, knowing I can listen again later. Overall gamechanger in the sales process I used to be under pressure to type notes, now I have time and information at my fingertips long after the call.
I know have the ability to timely respond to prospects objections and close any gaps in the sales process. I love GONG.

Vorteile: Ease of use, ability to look for key words and not have to listen to an entire call to find what you are looking for. Ability to search the database for past or multiple calls and use in a sales strategy to focus on clients needs not only by words but by tone. Ability to drill down to key points and close more sales. Speed at which calls are analyzed.

Nachteile: There is nothing I can find wrong with Gong. New options and features are constantly added to improve the product.

Daniel R.
Onboarding Specialist
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.2.2020

"Gong for your everyday needs"

Vorteile: I love how intuitive the software is on the back end. Their AI tech which records, analyses, and transcribes calls seems like magic. Gong makes it so easy to follow up with people and improve my calls Im not sure what I ever did without it

Nachteile: At times there are snags in usability. The problem with a software that can do as much as going is that it can be tough to organizer it all in a way that is super user friendly. Not a terrible problem to have, better than an easy to use UI that does nothing you want it to I guess!