One of the most valuable investments our team has made

Joey B.
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent. I would give up just about any other tool in our GTM-specific stack before I gave up Gong.

Vorteile: As an individual contributor, I can't think of another piece of software our team has brought on that is more valuable to me than Gong (excluding the table-stakes Salesforce or Slack type stuff). Gong is my insurance policy when my notes don't capture everything and I need to relisten to a call before the next stage meeting. Gong gives me insight into the quality of a conversation based on the metrics it provides (how long did I spend talking in comparison to the prospect? What does that say about the pitch, or this customer fit?) Gong is also invaluable to our new team members (across many teams, not just sales) who want to get exposed to customer and prospect conversations fast, and on-demand. The interface isn't the prettiest but is easy enough to navigate, and I love being able to speed up calls 1-2X speed in .25 increments. The call transcript search is handy when I want to find a specific thing I remember discussing on a call. I like that Gong provides industry benchmarks for the metrics it measures.

Nachteile: Having Gong has made me a little bit more of a careless notetaker, because I know Gong is my insurance policy. At times this has burned me if some Zoom difficulty means the call doesn't get properly recorded because the Gong bot didn't get invited. If there are better categorization methods for calls, our team isn't using them. But it may be helpful to be able to quickly designate calls by type (prospect vs current customer) and use case / vertical (eCommerce vs SaaS for example). Salesforce data is pulled into Gong so maybe there's a way we just aren't utilizing.

The Most Valuable Innovative Tool of the Decade

Natalie Y.
Account Executive

Kommentare: I am a raving fan. I don't know if I've ever really been a raving fan of a tool, besides the company I work at (Copper CRM!). I love their UI, their marketing emails which are NOT annoying (how?!?!), and their friendly support team. But mostly- this incredible tool allows me to become a better salesperson. Faster.

Vorteile: So novel. Yes, other demo softwares allow you to get insights. But Gong takes it to a whole different level. The tips are a prime example of artificial intelligence of the future. I can see exactly what I need to improve immediately after a call- and I check after each one. I set realistic goals that I can actually measure based on recommended best practices that are outlined to me from research that Gong makes available to me- average amount of patience, interactivity, and more that's necessary for a successful sales call.

Nachteile: The only thing I would change is that I'd like to be able to search more words within demos I've completed. The search functionality is already incredible, as it can pinpoint certain filler words and I can search a variety of terms. If it could capture more, which it likely will as they progress, I'd be thrilled.

Gong's Awesome

Bewertet am 1.4.2019
Myles J.
Business Development Representative

Kommentare: My experience has been great. I watch a recorded gong video everyday. It's great for educational training and being able to observe other peoples conversations, understanding where they're having an impact conversations.

Vorteile: Gong gives me easy insight into conversations that I'm having and where the conversation is having a big impact based on the topics being discussed. It show's me how much I'm speaking, how much the client is speaking and whether or not the time is allocated appropriately to have a selling opportunity move forward. It's a great platform to learn and educate yourself based on recorded meetings of my co-workers

Nachteile: There haven't been many cons, if any at all. It's been a great tool to be using and has provided great insight into our conversations with customers/prospects at our organization.

Great for client facing teams!

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Lily D.
Director, Customer Success

Kommentare: I would rate my overall experience with Gong.io a 10. It is solving the problem of reps being distracted on calls trying to talk to clients, fully listen, and also take detailed notes!

Vorteile: What I love most about Gong.io is that it transcribes your calls for you! I no longer have to worry about taking notes during my calls and being distracted as I know I can rely on Gong to record every single piece of information and transcribe it back to me via a script I can read through and pull from as if I took free handed notes. I also love that it captures how often you say a specific word (for example: my filler word is "so") to ensure that you can work on your presentation skills and realize how often you may say particular words that you should tweak in your talk track and/or overall call skills.

Nachteile: This isn't really a "con", but there are so many features that when I first started using it I felt overwhelmed. However, now that I use it every day, I feel really comfortable with the solution and it no longer feels like there is too much I should look at/do in terms of recapping my calls.

Closing more deals with Gong

Lisa W.
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience has been great. I have used other call recordings, but never found them intuitive or easy to use. Gong's platform makes me want to use it and learn more. There isn't a day that goes by that I am not using Gong. I can't say the same for other call recordings I used in the past.

Vorteile: I am new to my company and Gong has been a real game changer. I love listening to demos/calls on my commute to work from top performers. I also love that I can tag my manager in parts of my calls and have her give me feedback. Gong has helped me ramp up a lot quicker with the ability to search for all of our product offerings and listen specific parts of those calls where reps are pitching that product line. This has allowed me to resort to Gong for a lot of my sales related questions versus asking people on my team what they would say in certain situations.

Nachteile: There is nothing I don't love about the software, only a little minor technical issue. I wish I could easily move the date on calls I schedule in Gong without having to delete them and reschedule them.

Gong is a Gamechanger

Nancy F.
Senior Business Development

Kommentare: Benefits, my prospects often relay technical terms or have difficult accents that I don't need to stop our conversation and ask to repeat, knowing I can listen again later. Overall gamechanger in the sales process I used to be under pressure to type notes, now I have time and information at my fingertips long after the call.
I know have the ability to timely respond to prospects objections and close any gaps in the sales process. I love GONG.

Vorteile: Ease of use, ability to look for key words and not have to listen to an entire call to find what you are looking for. Ability to search the database for past or multiple calls and use in a sales strategy to focus on clients needs not only by words but by tone. Ability to drill down to key points and close more sales. Speed at which calls are analyzed.

Nachteile: There is nothing I can find wrong with Gong. New options and features are constantly added to improve the product.

Gong changes the way you work

Judah W.
Learning & Development Manager
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Gong is a game changer. Not everyone has to be a pro on your team to analyze a call anymore. Anyone can use Gong to recognize keywords, themes, and areas for improvement with their call analytics. Also, a major time saver because you can search for those keywords instead of listening to an entire hour or more of conversation. I particularly enjoy any study that Gong publishes. By analyzing themes in the industry, they provide incredible insights around word choice and timing. Timing is everything, isn't it? Gong changes the way you work, for the better.

Nachteile: I can't think of a single downside to using Gong.

Incredibly Valuable Product

Michael S.
Enterprise Customer Success
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Can't say enough the product is incredible. They should raise license prices! In addition, their CEO, is the man! Loves his pizza :)

Vorteile: I truly love the product. From day one it was clear the amount of value it can bring to any sales team and the fact that the integrations with communication platforms like Goto Meeting make it so easy to work with. In addition, I'm able to actually listen to my clients further, ask deeper questions because I don't have to worry about taking so many notes during calls. I can actually have conversations with prospects/clients rather than interviews. Lastly, the AI is continuing to get better and better. The fact that I can see talking tracks, various topics helps educate where I can improve in my game

Nachteile: Not that it's a big deal but I'd love to be able to share calls in a less cumbersome process. Rather than copying a link, I'd like a way to share a call with just a click of a button. Having said that, sharing calls is still pretty dam easy

Extremely helpful software - saves us so much time

Paul D.
Sales Manager
Personalwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We used to store recorded calls in some weird folder that existed in some bizarre shared server thing-a-majig and it was honestly a nightmare to find things and play back calls. We had zero visibility into things like talk time. Now I'm able to easily asses the health of an account by pin-pointing my own listening to only what the client has said on a call. We are much better off with gong, and it helps us with more focused follow up for our clients, as we're able to recall more granular detail of what was said.

Vorteile: Very quickly asses a call, what happened, who said what. Also ability to very quickly focus on a portion of a call, or something a client has said. Has significantly improved our ability to give feedback to our team, train and build upon weaknesses and strengths.

Nachteile: I wish the transcript was more accurate. This is certainly an extra cherry on top type of feature, as it's not always needed but there are times where it would be amazing to be able to copy paste or search for certain terms, and the AI just isn't quite there.

Gong is a Sales Essential

Michael V.
Sales Manager

Kommentare: Gong has enabled me to be able to quickly assess a rep's performance on calls and easily share improvement points. Also, their blog is one of the best I've ever read.

Vorteile: Gong has increased my ability to coach my team on their calls exponentially. I love the ability to quickly and efficiently learn what I need to know about the calls and the various ways the Gong platform allows me to understand my team's skill level and coach to that. I also love the ability to create custom scoring rubrics and use them to benchmark the team's progress.

Nachteile: I have no cons really. Gong is an awesome tool.

Gong is a salesperson's dream

Bewertet am 13.3.2019
Jessica D.
Personalwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It's so important to identify your prospects needs, but it can be difficult to absorb everything they are relaying. Having access to a tool like gong, gives me the ability to revisit my calls, dissect my prospect's responses and identify their needs. Gong makes this easier by filtering by keyword, offering graphs so you can click into specific parts of each call, compiles key words used throughout and gives my co-workers a place to listen and make suggestions.

Nachteile: I haven't found anything negative when using gong.

Immediate insight into my calls

Account Executive

Kommentare: Immediate insight into my calls and what I'm doing right & what I can improve upon. It's great to have an easy to use repository for all of my sales conversations.

Vorteile: The #1 most valuable aspect of Gong for me is that I no longer have to worry about diligently taking notes while on a call with a prospect. I have the best conversations and can listen most effectively when I am walking around the sales floor and fully engaged. When I have to take notes, I miss key things the prospect is saying. With Gong, I can simply go back to the call after and finish up my notes.

Nachteile: You really have to put in the time and effort with the tool to see results/improvements. As expected with anything though.

I'm a genuine fan of Gong

Brad A.
Sales Director

Vorteile: It enables me to focus fully on the customer. I don't worry about taking notes, toggling between screens, or making sure to remember salient points. I am wholly dedicated to the conversation I am involved it with the customer, because I know that later I'll be able to review the call in many different ways: I can review only what I said, only what another individual said, I can drill down by topic or next steps. For me it saves me from the worst parts of myself.

Nachteile: They were once doing some kind of software update in the middle of the night, right when I had a meeting with an overseas company. I was livid but they were great about it.

I don't know what we would do without Gong

Bewertet am 20.9.2018
Senior Sales Development Representative

Kommentare: Great!

Vorteile: Gong is awesome! It allows every call to be recorded, analyzed and sent to the correct people. Gong allows managers to make comments on specific parts of the calls, speed up or slow down the pace and send feedback to the reps. One of the coolest parts about Gong is how the platform analyzes each call, letting the manager and caller know how much he/she talks compared to the customer/prospect, what topics were discussed, and even what words you are repeating many times.

Nachteile: I think that the only thing that could be considered negative about Gong is that anyone at your company can listen to the call/recording

Excellent sales tool that allows for self improvement through call review and knowledge sharing.

Bewertet am 11.3.2019
Account Executive

Kommentare: I use Gong for two different things, both of which the platform excels at: keeping track of customer conversations during long sales cycles and as a tool for self-improvement in my own calls. The first one is self-explanatory, having the capability to go back to any previous customer conversation and easily pull the "highlights" from previous calls - allowing me a level of preparedness I wouldn't have by just relying on my own notes. The second, as a tool for self-improvement, is probably where Gong has provided the biggest value ad towards my own selling capabilities. Being able to go back, review any of my calls and look at areas that could benefit from improvement, has been hugely beneficial in identifying my own weak points. This, paired with the ability to break down and listen to some incredibly successful calls from others in the organization, has made me stronger at selling our companies product.

Vorteile: Having a library of all the calls in your organization, organized and broken down with recommendations and stats, is a powerful tool to have for sales self-improvement (specifically for onboarding new employees learning the product and sales cycle).

Nachteile: Not much to dislike - maybe the voice to text translation (being able to pull transcripts of your calls).. it never seems to work for me very well.

Fantastic software that's critical to any sales organization

Bewertet am 13.3.2019
Sr. Director of Channels & Alliances

Kommentare: Gong.io helps us to review calls and better follow-up with prospects. It's also great for training, identifying areas of improvement and managing sales teams.

Vorteile: The best part is that the solution seamlessly integrates with your existing apps and is super easy to use. All your calls are right there in the home dashboard and its very easy to find what you're looking for in calls. Overall great user experience and product.

Nachteile: The mobile app needs improvements, but overall not a big deal.

I wouldn't want to do my job without this tool!

Account Executive

Kommentare: I have had a great overall experience using gong!

Vorteile: Gong allows me to focus on my calls knowing that I can rely on the recordings for note taking. It's extremely beneficial to be able to share comments/feedback with my teammates. Additionally, I like to include demonstration recordings in my proposals to prospective clients which is always received well.

Nachteile: The search function to filter through call library doesn't always appear to work.

Gong should be an essential part of every sales rep's tech stack

Florin T.
Account Executive

Vorteile: Apart from maybe Salesforce, Gong is the second most important tool in my stack as an AE. It's easy to use (almost no set up), allows me to listen to my calls and most importantly gives me the opportunity to use analytics to see how I can improve with every call.

Nachteile: I don't have any negative feedback as of now, the platform does exactly what we wanted it to do. I can see the future of gong being a virtual assistant to sales reps, that not only transcribes notes, but logs them for you and set's up tasks for you automatically in your CRM based on what it heard on the call.

Game changer for call analysis & more

Customer Success Manager
Eventservice, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that it's fully integrated to Zoom and Gsuite. I can easily create conference calls within my Google Calendar, without needing to log into Gong.io. Once the call is over, I get an email with a list of action items written there. Makes my summaries to send to the client very accurate and quick. Further, it enables me to communicate key points to my team internally. There's super accurate transcription (even with my Aussie accent), neat analysis tools (e.g. what are your filler words) and suggestions.

Nachteile: Nothing to complain about in the slightest.

Game-changing product for coaching and performance

Bewertet am 28.3.2019
Growth Sales Rep

Kommentare: Gong is crucial for any organization that is serious about coaching and enabling their customer-facing teams with the feedback they need to improve. Gong has an incredible team that lives the thought leadership they espouse and is there to help whenever you need them. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone.

Vorteile: Gong is critical for any sales, customer-success, or client-facing professional who wants to grow in their role. It also allows for extremely easy collaboration with peers and managers by being able to tag crucial moments in a conversation for coaching purposes and just helping to push that deal over the finish line. I don't know how I ever did my job without Gong.

Nachteile: I had an important call with a strategic customer get lost in the ether and was not able to recover it :(

Great tool to get a holistic view of both your customers and employees

Bewertet am 5.11.2019
Head of CSM for Fast Growing Companies
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Gong is fun and intuitive. It gathers all I need as a manager and a really great experience reviewing calls in seconds.

Vorteile: The ability to get a complete journey of my customers
A managers summary allowing me to stay up to date with all that's important in my tram

Nachteile: Needs more fine tuning to surface meaningful parts of the conversation.
Would be great also to get proactive alerts on risk or upsell potentials raised by customers.

A go to toolfor Customer Success

Paul P.
Sr. Director of Customer Success

Kommentare: Very positive. Gong is the first and most important tool for my CS teams. I can measure the impact to both my internal and external customers.

Vorteile: The ability to use metrics to deliver the value of my team. Gong is the first tool I implement with my CS teams. It provides parameters to monitor how my CS teams are engaging with customers. I can correlate the impact of Gong to my retention and expansion. I believe the ability to share calls with our internal teams has an impact on how CS can shape an organization.

Nachteile: At time is can be hard to find features.

Game changer

Maresha G.
Customer Success Manager
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Fantastic, not only is the tool great, they share best practices and observations based on their aggregate data, and the content is incredibly helpful as well.

Vorteile: I LOVE Gong.io . Being able to review calls, check talk ratios, quickly skip to relevant topics, change speed, and leave comments for others... all of these features used to seem like a 'nice to have' now the are 'need to have' for success.

Nachteile: They changed some of the UI so that calls are on a timeline and not listed. I haven't been able to figure out how to change it back, and I really dislike the timeline.

Captures everything!

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Account Executive

Vorteile: I love that Gong automatically records, transcribes and coaches each call. It is super intuitive and is great for self-review, peer review, and coaching. I love that it's super easy to share segments of calls for review, collaboration, and feedback. The mobile app is super user friendly and makes it easy to record in person meetings as well.

Nachteile: I don't like how it shows up as it's own "person" on Zoom calls.

Great tool to drive sales team effectiveness

Leigh H.
CRO

Vorteile: Easy to use. Great for training new and tenured reps. Provides market insight for non-sales reps that we find very valuable. Has been instrumental in enabling us to continually optimize our messaging while at the same time ensure standardization across all reps. Daily triggered emails are strong.

Nachteile: You get out of it what you put into it. Simply buying and setting up gong will not deliver ROI. Would also like to see more Hubspot integrations - typically trails SFDC on their release schedule.