Yodeck - Total digital media and content management solution

Bewertet am 22.11.2019
Tom I.
Digital Media / Video Communications consultant
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I needed a full featured cloud based digital media management solution which supported the ability to frequently and easily update my content. I also required a distribution system which employed the use of an affordable player device. After trying a number of competing vendor offerings, I found the Yodeck solution to be the best.

Vorteile: This "cloud based" application does "everything". From formatting and organizing your content to establishing the best layout for your messaging as well as providing an uncomplicated scheduling module for time sensitive content distribution. This "easy to use" yet feature rich application is the most comprehensive digital media solution on the market. In addition, it is absolutely "bullet proof". I have been using Yodeck 24/7 for the past 18 months and there has not been a single outage. The email support has been very responsive and the documentation easy to follow yet very comprehensive.

Nachteile: Although the email support is great, a "real time" support chat would be a plus.

The ultimate digital signage tool!

Bewertet am 6.2.2020
Andries K.
System admin
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are Yodeck for roster and student/staff information displays flawlessly for almost 4 years now.

Vorteile: - Value for money: tried different, much more expensive solutions, Yodeck beats 'em all!
- Use any Raspberry Pi as a player, even 4K display resolutions (using Pi 4), free players for all screens when using annual subscription.
- Very intuitive to set up and use. When ordering with player you can setup in advance, just connect the player to your screen and you are all set! Plug & Play!
- Cloud based and central management from any device with internet connection.

Nachteile: No support for dutch language. No problem for me personally but some users would like this.

Super Easy To use and Setup !!!

Bewertet am 1.11.2019
Christopher P.
Store Manager
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We upload the latest news videos from youtube for our industry. we also use it to play product videos as well as sales videos to help promote our products and sales. We have even made some animated logos to go between each video for our company.

Vorteile: Its so easy to setup and use, simply drag and drop any videos you need and upload them to the Yodeck server, their server then verifies that it is a usable format if not then it will automatically convert it to a usable format that Yodeck recognizes. you can even customize schedules by location. we have 2 stores and both stores have different hours. We have the Sorry we are closed sign pop up when we close by time wise and it helps to get those last minute customers finished up, we have even loaded up some music to help our staff close and clean the store each night. Easily add Banners and even custom tikcer tapes to any of your screens. play videos and slides with ease. you can even set when a video or sale should expire and when new sales start if you are ahead of the game and have them made up already.

Nachteile: I only wish there were more widgets and not just graphical widgets. I wish that there was a ability to have closed captioning with uploaded videos as well so people across the room can see and read what is being said on the videos that we upload. not even sure if this is possible but it would be a nice addition.

von Flipnode an 4.11.2019

Hello Christopher,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. With respect to you widget suggestion, I wanted to inform you that you can visit the "I suggest you.." section in our support center, where you can post suggestions for new features or upvote exiting ones.

The most popular suggestions are highly probable to be entered in our development cycle and be available in upcoming releases.

Good Product

Bewertet am 30.1.2020
Orane G.
IT MAnager
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a good product

Vorteile: East of setup. It was very easy to get it on our network.

Nachteile: Device storage is limited. Storage on the device is relatively small.

Digital signage for large secondary school

Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Richard S.
Assistant Principal
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Support is excellent, always prompt and friendly.

Vorteile: All cloud based to simple to update and sync to players. We've replaced our entire digital signage screens with TVs running Yodecks behind them. We've also managed to create one incorporated with a free to air setup TV box so staff can enjoy TV whilst we overlay important messages. Around the school site we use them to display messages for students, live feeds from Twitter, the weather, time and news. Very powerful and very easy to use and manage.

Nachteile: Nothing. Every works well for us. Plenty of guides online helping if you get stuck too.

A+ Cloud Based Signage !

Bewertet am 7.11.2019
John M.
Creative Director
Konsumgüter, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Yodeck to control advertising on 70+ tvs aligned horizontally and vertically in several states and a multitude of cities. I have tried several other providers for cloud based signage and Yodeck is lightyears ahead of the competition in terms of ease of use, responsiveness, price and customer service. Switching from the competition was one of the best business decisions I've ever made and it has benefitted our team and company greatly.

Vorteile: Yodeck is amazingly powerful and surprisingly affordable. The web-based interface is very easy to learn, and very responsive. I love the ability to see which devices are located in different regions of the United States and the depth of the preferences/settings is, honestly, amazing.

Nachteile: I have not had one issue that wasn't resolved by customer service within 20 minutes, and I wish every establishment had half of the customer service as Yodeck does! It would be nice to have a standalone app in addition to a web-based option, but that is a personal preference and doesn't negatively impact what Yodeck does.

There is no better value

Bewertet am 2.1.2020
Michael K.
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our digital signage used to be limited to a few screens in each office. Because of the east of use and value of Yodeck, we have distributed among many projects for multiple uses.

Vorteile: Ease of use (for admins and users), ease of deployment, feature set, and support. There really isn't any other category that Yodeck doesn't smash the competition on.

Nachteile: Player hardware options. The software is built around Debian/Raspbian, but it would be great to have a Windows option for flexibility or signage requiring more hardware horsepower.

Great!

Bewertet am 18.11.2019
Tom-erik B.
Outdoors coordinator
Regierungsbeziehungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Yodeck solved our need to keep the team updated in a easy way. The municipality in which I work, has a hich cost, heavy and extremely low intuitive system for handling information onscreen. So when I discovered Yodeck, I was thrilled. It solved all of our needs, and the one lisence I needed, was free. I installed it on an old Raspberry PI, and it works like a charm. Now it work as a center for information in our office of about 30 employees. Except that I have to take a clean install of the system every 2-3 month, it works as a charm. So we are excited.

Vorteile: It's just GREAT! It solved all of our problems, for free.

Nachteile: I have yet to discover any cons... The only problem is that I have to take a clean install of my OLD Raspberry PI every 2-3 month. But I reccon this is the PIs fault, not the system.

So easy!!

Bewertet am 18.11.2019
René S.
Coordinator
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Information is easy shared.

Vorteile: Easy to setup using low cost hardware.
Easy to maintain

Nachteile: In case you show a website it is very hard to answer cookie policy questions remotely so the popup is showed.

A plug and play system that’s a joy to work with

Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Thijmen D.
External advisor
Kunst & Handwerk, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using YoDeck allowed us to easily scale up our narrowcasting. We more than doubled our number of screens, without adding any burden to the administrators or marketing department. In fact, all are time now thanks to the ease of use and plug and play capability of YoDeck.

Vorteile: YoDeck is super simple to learn and use. It offers way more flexibility than our legacy narrowcasting solution AND is cheaper! Support responds lightning quick and the pricing is very reasonable.

Nachteile: The structure of media > playlists > lay-out > screen is something you definitely need to wrap your head around before you can properly use the software.

Yodeck - A Gold Standard for Digital Signage Solutions

Bewertet am 9.12.2019
Chris J.
Head of Technology
Bibliotheken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For us here in public library land cost and reliability matter, and Yodeck makes it easy to remotely update my signage from home in minutes. I'm able to get my library director the results needed in real time.

Vorteile: The feature set is rich, reliability is amazing, and price point is incredible. As an IT professional I crave solutions that never let me down and that I never have to worry about. Yodeck delivers big time on these key needs!

Nachteile: At first it took a little getting used to that the "Playlist" is really what you are showing as opposed to a "slide show" as in other solutions but then you realize its actually better and more customizable so its really just a terminology difference.

We love it

Bewertet am 22.11.2019
Francois M.
IT technician
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In our tight and secure network environment, I have experienced quick, effective technical support by the Yodeck team to set up the players. I often get new features, the community is definitely working hard to improve the product. They are really popular at our school and really easy to deploy, especially using wifi. We are going to purchase 2 more units pretty soon.

Vorteile: Implemented as a low-budget signage solution, we are amazed by this solution. My users get the hang of it quickly. The graphical interface of shows really helps to set up presentations quickly and effectively. The background audio feature is also really appreciated, saves me a lot of trouble when they are having a special event and they want music, I don't have to install temporary speakers anymore. Also, I love the fact that they still work even during a network or Internet failure, so they are reliable even when the wifi connection is not.

Nachteile: Raspberry Pis are not the most solid hardware out there. Especially on wifi, they tend to freeze from time to time. I have to reboot a few from time to time. I'm not sure I would trust them for crucial, urgent information.

Absolutely Amazing! Don't look anywhere else... it should start (and end) with Yodeck!

Bewertet am 21.5.2019
Dennis S.
Retail Owner
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We run a small retail establishment and I needed the ability to use digital signage as an employee message board (while controlling content remotely). Being small, we don't have the funds to throw at problems/solutions... which means I'm a DIY owner. I've tried other providers, but became quickly frustrated since they didn't work (or didn't work as well as I'd like). I'm glad I stumbled upon Yodeck... this was exactly what I needed and more! Very easy to setup, very intuitive, and very reliable (I waited to post this review since I wanted to be able to speak to up-time). I am amazed at how quickly I was able to setup the system (using a Raspberry Pi) and I'm impressed by how reliable it has been. We're going into our second month of use and we're experiencing 100% reliability, while constantly updating the Playlists. But where Yodeck really stood out... I was contacted by a customer service manager the second we signed up for the service and had someone on standby who was willing to help where and when needed. I was shocked! A very nice touch and I can't say enough about that approach. I'm sold and will look to Yodeck for future projects when the time is right. If you're in the market, or are unsure about where to turn for digital signage, I can't recommend Yodeck enough (especially for the beginner on a budget). Great product, great service, amazing reliability... well done Yodeck! Thank you!!!

Vorteile: How simple it was to get up and running. Ease of use a big plus. And reliability has been 100%... I expected downtime since we're running this on a Raspberry Pi, but we're amazed it's been 100% reliable.

Nachteile: Nothing... honestly... nothing! I'm really trying to find something negative, but it has been a great product with amazing reliability.

Reliable and continuously getting better!

Bewertet am 22.1.2020
Panos E.
Lead Developer

Kommentare: We have created a product with a mix of shared and custom content for our clients. In Yodeck we found all the features we needed as It does almost everything we want and the support is awesome. They even contacted us to ask if they can help in any way!

Vorteile: Excellent support, regular updates/upgrades with new features, flexible prices and low cost for the players as they use Raspberry pi.

Nachteile: Few widgets, with poor design. But this was not a big problem for us, because we created our own widgets.

Convenient, reliable digital signeage software

Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Webmaster
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have a website for each location on campus, and display information of todays meetings, events and news adapted to each location by showing these location-adapted websites with one player and screen in each location. Good value for cost and not too much maintainance.

Vorteile: Low cost, low maintainance with good feature set and support.

Nachteile: I miss the feature to have some sort of counter showing how long a slide is displaying (count down to next slide). I also miss pagination (number x of y). This may have been added after I configured my screens. We use the software to display a digital signeage "poster" that is in effect a webpage. Some times this webpage gets "stuck" so we have to re-apply settings to the player. besides this, most of the players perform flawlessly every day of the years for many years.

Excellent solution for school digital signage

Bewertet am 22.3.2019
Tom R.
Tech DIrector
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The option to build your own using a free account [we already had some Raspberry Pis sitting around] was a no-brainer for us. We use Google Docs/Slides as well as Youtube for the content, and had multiple TVs with multiple PIs and multiple free accounts for a year. Once we saw how useful it was - and how the Google Suite integration allowed multiple people across campus to generate content, we upgrade to a paid account.
Worth the money! We have better communication across campus, it's easily updated, and just works.
Now if I could just get the kids to look up from their smartphones......

Nachteile: The documentation for the less technical-thinkers could be revamped. I didn't have a problem setting things up, but someone scared of tech, or who doesn't think logically, will need more handholding than the docs offer [as of this writing - March 2019].

More than meets our needs

Bewertet am 15.11.2019
David R.
Einzelhandel, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We switched to yodeck for all our displays after our previous display company had abandoned their software and didn't provide any updates for windows 8 and up. Yodeck offered more flexibility, on a less expensive platform (Raspberry Pi) vs a micro computer. We rarely have any problems with these devices and when we do, we know immediately via email. With about twenty of these devices running company wide I never have to walk around to each screen at multiple locations to make sure they're working.

Vorteile: Inexpensive setup
Easy to replace
set it and forget it
Lots of functions

Nachteile: They aren't window's OS, which is also a plus if you don't have to have it on windows OS.

Very easy to setup and great features that can be used in any work industries

Bewertet am 15.6.2018
Jean-marie R.
IT
Unterhaltungselektronik, Selbstständig

Vorteile: What i love the most is the features and every time i get an email about features update its like Christmas

Nachteile: Its not cons but we'd like to see like demo shows about features used together to have maybe new ideas

von Flipnode an 27.8.2018

Hello Jean-Marie,

Thank you for your review. We have recently started producing Guides and How-to videos about new features and interesting uses of our platform.

Feel free to check them out on our YouTube channel. It is still early days but more are to follow very soon

Simple and easy

Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Mike D.
IT Admin
Versorgungsunternehmen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Information is easilly shared around differnt locations - in a variety of formats. It just works !
The support team have been responsive and flexible around players for our country and extra features.

Vorteile: This was a great alternative to our "Old PC's - auto running power point".
Yodeck provides a simpler, more functional, cheaper and easier to manage platform to share information.
The communications team look after it themselves, IT dont need to get involved !!

Nachteile: Security features come at a cost. But still minimal compared to alternatives.

Small Medical Clinic

Bewertet am 12.4.2019
Physician
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I wish I had found Yodeck when I was initially looking for solutions. Fantastic solution that I will be using for years.

Vorteile: I initially purchased special digital signage TVs for our waiting room. What a headache! The software was buggy, the features were limited, and I never felt like updating it ever again (which is exactly what you shouldn't do) because of the hassle. Then I found Yodeck and the ease of use has been outstanding. Couldn't be happier!

Nachteile: I wouldn't mind better management website clipping that would try to generate a preview for various size screens before going live. But overall, powerful and customizable!

Simple, cost effective yet powerful digital signage

Bewertet am 16.1.2020
Austin A.
Director of Technology Implementation
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've had several questions and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the rep assigned to our account, has been extremely helpful and responsive.

Vorteile: The thing that drew me towards Yodeck was the way they handled hardware but the simplicity and quick no nonsense administration of screens is what kept it a competitor when we were comparing services.

Nachteile: Lack of smooth transitions but I hear this is being worked on and a fix is on the way.

Digital Signage which is easy to set up and easy to update

Bewertet am 22.3.2019
Paul B.
Maschinerie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I loved the simplicity with which I was able to set it up and get a demo going with minimal time. Because configuration is so easy, I have been able to delegate each screen/dashboard to the individual who needs to manage the content. They have made many changes and have rarely asked for help. A few times we experienced minor issues or had questions, the customer support team came back quickly with answers which solved our problem.

Nachteile: No cons, I've been using it for just over a year and I would recommend this to anyone looking for Digital signage which is easy to manage.

Easy, free and feature packed.

Bewertet am 29.3.2019
James F.
Development Specialist
Telekommunikation, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We run a very busy training centre and meeting space. Yodeck enables us to inform all our visitors of where they have been located space to work without having to find a member of staff.

Vorteile: It is so easy to update my screen with the latest company videos and room bookings. I've loaded an active Google traffic map for leaving time that helps people plan the best route home.

Nachteile: It took a while to set a template up that formatted correctly . I had to push it to the screen each change and as I use the free account I only have one player so down to the lobby I go. Now I have a correct template everything is so easy.

Yodeck - the best and easy software to do everything

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Joaquim D.
IT Specialist
Verbraucherdienste, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: we have to implement this so have a dashboard in the reception without network cable , with Yodeck we can add , delete, configure, make all we need and more without we need to be there physically .
i tray more than 5 digital signed software's , ad-dons implemented on windows base computer , and Yodeck is the best.

Vorteile: love all features , we can do everything with this software , easy to configure , we use this to share some company video, party photos.
- Web access are great and very user friendly
- time schedule great, with allot off option

Nachteile: - nothing to pointing about cons,
maybe if more widget ,

Perfect for what we're needing it for

Bewertet am 24.10.2019
Chuck Z.
IT Professional
Maschinerie, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Love it! Recommend it to anyone doing digital signage!

Vorteile: I liked that I didn't have to wade through a bunch of text files and logs to figure out what addresses to change and removing the SD Card, plugging it into my laptop...changing the file, saving and then hoping it will work. I can log onto the website, make changes and be out in minutes.

Nachteile: I tried to get this to rotate a webpage 90 degrees and it was not very intuitive and would not ever span the screen the way I would want. I can upload a picture and it will rotate and orient properly, but unfortunately I could never program a web address to do the exact same thing. Not a deal breaker, but was my least favorite thing about the software.