Über Buddy

Hole dir extrem schnelle Bereitstellungen.

Erfahre mehr über Buddy

As the account owner, with no direct hands on development, I appreciated the costs were well within reason.

No integrations for output parsing (ex. junit is not parsed) only raw output.

Bewertungen zu Buddy

Buddy hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 167 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Buddy bereits verwendet?

Development manager in Polen
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great tool fo CI/CD

5,0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: This is a great choice for continuous integration and continuous delivery for small teams and developers.

The Buddy interface is comfortable. Pipelines configuration is easy. You can customize pipelines in the UI or in YAML files.

Occasionally, there are problems with the cache, and I must run the pipeline one more time with cache clearing.

Doug
Lead Developer in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A must-have automation tool for the non-IT professional

Kommentare: Overall my experience has been absolutely amazing. I have been able to deploy multiple technology stacks to multiple different environments, integrate PHP unit testing, check my applications' up-time, all while viewing everything in a single interface. Buddy has numerous 1st-party integrations to various platforms and tools to get you started very quickly. But what I have found invaluable is the tools that are made available for developers to create/customize their own integrations via cURL or SSH.

Buddy makes automation easy for developers who are not IT administrators. Unlike that of some of the other automation platforms, the available presets and hints that each pipeline comes with allows you to develop and customize your deployments and testing with very little learning curve. I would say that I love the user-interface and user-experience the most. The visual representations and animations make the tool feel more complete and polished than some of the competitors.

Unfortunately I would say that I like least is the cost. As both a full-time developer and a freelance developer, Buddy can provide services to developers of all disciplines. However as a freelance developer who sometimes has to work on a pretty strict budget, some of the entry-level pricing tiers can be a bit steep on a monthly basis.

Sumith
Lead Developer in Australien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best CI on Cloud platform.

Kommentare: Overall its a great tool to integrate CI and since everything is connected very well, it can do magic during the complex deployment process.

Its very easy to set it up and get it going. My favourite is the UI.

There is no proper documentation or training videos on this tool. Though its easy to setup some part of it, sometimes its really hard to find the help and configure something custom.

Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Deployment Wizards

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Buddy made it incredibly easy to deploy our website.

Some of the frequent UI changes made the site difficult to navigate.

Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

CI/CD made easy

Kommentare: People usually complain about paying for something they can make themselves. Buddy has freed up a lot of time for everyone in the organization by removing the technical skill and knowledge of Buddy configuration. The time saved is WORTH every penny!

The UX is so simple yet so powerful that anyone can create pipelines. Even our non-technical users understands the software and create pipelines to automate their needs from the code.

The cap of concurrent runs is set to 4 on self-hosted. Even though the wait time is pretty low, it's still annoying when we deploy large amount of microservices.

Oliver
Lead Technical in UK
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Rock solid

Kommentare: Buddy couldn't have come sooner for us. It has solved all of our problems and now allows us to deploy in a variety of complexities in no time at all.

- Very regular software updates, adding great new features all of the time - Decent UI that allows us to do everything we need. YAML configuration available to those who don't want it - Sensibly priced, self hosted option for those who want to keep it in-house - Good integration with all of the tools we use and more

- We have to manually renew our LetsEncrypt SSL through the CLI tool on the server - Hardware requirements can be a little high if using Docker, but that's more of a Docker problem than Buddy

Angel
CEO in USA
Programmentwicklung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Silver bullet for automating CI/CD

Kommentare: Love the tool definitely, Github Actions is getting there, but not even close yet. 100% recommended.

The integrations is by far the best feature of Buddy. it connects you with literally everything, Amazon, Google, Github, Slack, etc, etc, etc On top of that it allows you to run literally anything in their cloud.

Not so much about the pricing structure, I'm paying $200 and it seems that I could get more

Computer-Software, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

One of the easiest ways to build and learn CI/CD

Kommentare: I have realized the easy to use CI pipeline I've created to save a lot of time deploying my app to a production environment. I was first exposed to CI/CD in general through my role as a Web Developer and used Buddy as my first pipeline builder. The experience was so enlightening that I'm now using it in my personal project to deliver updates to my application in a sophisticated manner. This allows me to spend more time code and strategizing versus the rudimentary manual process I'm used to.

I like Buddy for the ease of use when you are a budding developer looking to learn CI/CD practices.

If you're an entry to mid level developer, I feel there is an initial learning curve to learning CI/CD in general. The documentation is satisfactory but it would be improved if each section or sub-section had a "You should know this before reading" bit in the first part of the article. That way a self-taught learner can establish the connection between Buddy and the rest of their stack by understanding key elements that necessitate the use of Buddy or how they are best augmented by what Buddy can do.

André
CTO in Brasilien
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

After moving around we found our CI tool

Kommentare: We have been using it for almost 2 years and it's been great.
Now we have 66 configured projects and the structure of pipelines makes it easy for us to maintain all these projects at once.

Really customer focused, good and fast support, easy to use and its always improving fast with new features. It just wotks :)

It can be expensive if you need a lot of parallel jobs running. The support with the devs is not 24/7.

Serhii
QA Lead in Ukraine
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Modern tool for CI/CD

5,0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: Good tool to use for any project but still need some time to capture the market

Amount of integrations with different products and simple to use

The price could be little bit lower for long term users

Raphaël
Web Developer in Schweiz
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Easy to Use & Beautiful UI

Kommentare: Buddy is the easiest CI/CD solution I could find.

The interface is very intuitive and easy to use. With a few clicks you can create a deployment pipeline easily. There is a lot of built-in actions that connect with many services. Even if when we can't find what we need, its integration with Docker Hub is really helpful so we can setup our own custom Docker image. As it works on docker, it is easy to install and manage.

User administration is sometimes confusing. When there are new users, they may not be able to access some old projects even if they have been added to the group that have access to this project and must be authorized individually.

Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy way to get a business up and running with a build tool

Kommentare: Since that the javascript world started almost requiring a build process to keep up to date with the language while supporting older browsers, our company struggled to integrate this in our daily work. So we started looking for build tools for a company that hasn't used any before and many developers who didn't really knew what it was. Buddy being so easy to use and set-up helped a lot in getting the whole dev team to be comfortable with this new way of working. It also fixed problems we had because in our previous deploy process we were unaware when a deploy failed and unable to recognize which servers were and weren't up to date. This caused all kinds of problems and even support questions for stuff that was already fixed, costing us extra time to figure out that something and what exactly went wrong.

It is very easy to get started with, intuitive. No real need to familiarize yourself with how the tooling works. We could quickly get pipelines up and running to test with and didn't need to spend much tweaking and fixing the build process. Our first intuition on how we should set it up was spot on. We could very quickly move from the initial test to using it in production. Because of the simple look and feel of the product it was very easy to get the whole company on board, in a company that wasn't used to using build systems. Getting people familiar with the product for day to day use was very easy to do. The initial set-up of the on-premise variant was very straight forward because they use docker. We ran a couple of commands and had it up and running in no time. Figuring out back-ups took a little more time but the customer service was great and they have updated the docs since.

The only con I can come up with is the price. We need to use the on-premise/enterprise version and that one is quite expensive to start with and has a hefty mark-up when you pass one of the pricing stages. The price doubles when you go from 10 to 20 or 20 to 40 users which hurts a little when you are adding your 11th or 21th person to the team.

Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Automate the deployment of your application

Kommentare: I use buddy for the simplest tasks like uploading GIT files to FTP without needing to configure anything on the destination server. It is very useful when you do not have SSH access or you just do not want to program complicated scripts.

Buddy offers an advanced automation experience with a basic knowledge requirement. Thanks to its multiple integrations you can get great automations with just a few clicks. You can create multiple pipelines to manage all the necessary processes to run your application. Upload files to multiple servers, compile applications, send notifications, etc. Undoubtedly Buddy is a very interesting tool to save time without having to develop large and complicated manual integrations.

If your pipeline does things that need a long execution time, Buddy can give a timeout and leave the task halfway.

Antwort von Buddy

Hello! We are glad to hear that you like our product. If you are facing issues with timeouts it would be best to contact our support. Knowing the full context we might provide you with a solution.

Neil
CTO in UK
Internet, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, Empowers teams

Kommentare: As mentioned in our positives, our business use case was to simply set up deployments and build pipelines without the hassle whilst also empowering our team of developers and project managers. There are obviously ways to do this on the servers but the management of this requires a lot more work and knowledge of dev ops.

The obvious positives for us about Buddy are how simple it is to use and pick up. The interface is really nice and makes everything point and click set up. We also really like how easy it is to set up users and limit them to various projects or actions. We have really been able to empower our development team even to a junior level. Last the integrations with Slack and Github have enabled us to notify the whole team when a deployment fails or succeeds.

If Buddy is down for maintenance (this is extremely rare and also only for a few minutes usually) it can delay our deployments waiting for it to be back up. This isn't even a complaint really but more that it's the only small negative we can think of.

Developer in Südafrika
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The tool of tools

I love working in my terminal, but when the UX/UI of a product is as good as this, I love working in a GUI too. The UI is completely intuitive and very fun to use. From a functionality point of view, the system is incredible. Being able to quickly spin up very complex builds & deployments, and then tie in all sorts of notifications is a dream come true. YML is fine, but being able to tie in all these steps with a visual pipeline editor/builder, is a treat and I thoroughly enjoy using it.

It's expensive. It's worth every penny, but its still a lot of pennies to pay every month for a small team / freelancer. There is a free plan, but you'll quickly hit the 120 builds per month limit.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Buddy - The easiest CI/CD tool by far

Kommentare: Our development flow is fully automated with buddy. That helps the team a lot, and saved me tons of time, since it was done by me manually.
We also use it to deploy production applications, with easy.
Buddy is also used to deploy to firebase hosting. We have some use cases where we just need to serve a json with the project version, and this json is created used buddy pipelines, extracting the project version from the repository.

Buddy is really easy to set up and start using as a CI, CD or DevOps tool. I've tried other tools in the past to help on CD processes but I always had a hard time to get somewhere. With buddy I created the first pipeline in minutes and it helped me a lot, since I was the only one who was deploying applications in the company.

I love buddy :) I don't remember any cons.

Sunil
Full-stack web developer in Australien

What a time Saver

Kommentare: I personally enjoy the deployment process because of Buddy. Not having to manually upload files to the server is a big time saver and an ability to rollback if things to south is such a great live saver feature.

Its ease of use, comprehensive set of tools and features for automation, and strong focus on security. Its intuitive user interface and flexible pipeline configurations make it simple for teams to set up and manage their software development processes.

The pricing could be more affordable. Also I felt that front-end deployment takes longer - wish this could be improved.

Software Engineer in Polen
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Just made my life easier

Kommentare: I'm a Software Engineer and I'm not really into being DevOps. Yet, I had to create some deployment pipelines, just due to project requirements. Buddy allowed me to create a really decent deployment pipeline, with monitoring and notifications on slack and email in minutes. I didn't have to learn any new stuff to make it work, it's really customer driven and new features pop up every week.

Being customer-driven Tons of integration. From servers like DigitalOcean, through messeging (Slack, mail, Telegram etc.) Easy to setup Decent documentation

It is much easier to get out 120 builds a month, then you would expect. And then you don't have much choice other, then paying for this tool, because you already love it. Also, I would prefer to have reference to previously created configurations, because it is pretty easy to mess with it. As I'm not able to restore it from git, it may be painful to do it from the scratch.

Tom
Director in UK
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

The easiest, most reliable CI/CD service on the market

Kommentare: Buddy has saved me a ton of time over the few years, building and deploying websites to a number of different servers and services and I honestly couldn't be happier.

Setting up deployment workflows is an absolute cinch, with support for various build tools, version control systems and third party services out the box. Customer support has been great too, with quick responses and real fixes to issues (not workarounds).

Nothing so far, Buddy has been great since day one.

Mani
Web developer in UK
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, and secure

Kommentare: Overall I would recommend Buddy to any developers.

Using Buddy for web deployment process made my working life so much better. Once set up, it's very easy to use and given me so much piece of mind.

Most of the time, it works great, but when there's an error happening, it could get tricky to resolve the issue.

Saad
Saad
Data Scientist in Pakistan
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Amazing CI/CD tool

- Easy to set up, minimal setup requred. - Easy to manage. - On premises deployment, use own servers, multiple concurrent builds.

I did not find anything that I didn't like until now.

Clifton
Founder / Technical Lead in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best CI/CD tool we have found

Kommentare: Before Buddy, we relied on tools like DeployBot to automate our deployments. Buddy is better in every conceivable way, and it doesn't require a PhD in Computer Science to setup or force you to structure your app in a specific way. We have it doing:
Dependency installs
Asset generation
Atomic deployments
Elastic Beanstalk deployments
Cloudflare / Cloudfront cache clears
Etc

Lightning fast Extremely flexible - you can basically create any pipeline you can dream of

Support can be a bit sluggish due to time zone issues and the capability of the first responders in chat.

Dimitris
CTO in UK

Excellent and Easy

It is a great way to handle our deployments while it remains simple and easy to use. Even more importantly when it came to stepping up a level and starting working with ansistrano and much more advanced deployment systems it stood its ground.

Literally nothing, it's a great piece of software.

Web Designer in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent!

Kommentare: Buddy has helped our team tremendously in making us able to collaborate on site development.

ease of use, efficiency, accessibility, and design.

learning curve, there are still some features that I am discovering through use - would be nice to have courses on quickly setting up all the applications of Buddy

Alex
CTO in Deutschland
Sport, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good job!

Buddy.works is an important tool for our deployment!

The navigation is sometimes not self-explaining. Change the owner of the workspace you can find unter "Billing".