Über Format

Von Kreativen für Kreative: Format gibt kreativen Profis die richtigen Werkzeuge zum Erstellen von Online-Portfolios, um ihre Karriere voranzubringen.

Erfahre mehr über Format

What I find most difficult is using it on a cellular device.

Bewertungen zu Format

Format hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 205 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Format bereits verwendet?

Lydia B.
Lydia B.
Freelance Photographer/ Studio Owner in USA
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best website service out there!

Kommentare: I’m able to use this service for all my online display needs. As a photographer, it’s critical to be able to display my professional portfolio as well as individual client galleries, a contact and services page and list of qualifications. This service allows me to EASILY customize and provide all of these.

There’s nothing I don’t like about about this software. I can’t wait to be completely switched over from my current website provider. My favorite thing about this service is the ability to easily manipulate my website from the app.

Honestly I can’t think of a single thing I don’t like about Format. Other than maybe the fact that everything in life can’t be this easy and friendly.

Jay L.
Art Teacher and Photographic Artist in USA
Fotografie, Selbstständig

The ABSOLUTE BEST WEBSITE BUILDER for artists, photographers, and creatives!

Kommentare: CUSTOMER SERVICE is top notch, and many of them are artists themselves. I love those folks, they’re all very friendly and helpful.

GORGEOUS, BEAUTIFUL, and CREATIVE themes made for artists. The themes feel like you walked into a web site gallery! No unnecessary clutter that distracts the viewer from the artwork. The software is kept up to date and its easy to use.

No problems , I like it once I learned how to navigate it.

Ian M.
freelance photographer and videographer in Irland

A joy to use

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: i'm still working on my site and and it wont be fully ready for another few weeks, but i really am enjoying the process of making it and its been fun using format. its all new to me making a website and the staff/ team have been so helpful. it been great!

its just so easy to use and get your head around and its fun trying to figure it all out. My favourite thing has been just playing around with the layout and getting things the way i want them to look for my site. the software really is user friendly and a pleasure to use.

nothing really, just kind of wished there might have been a few more simple/plain themes to choose from. that are so basic that they dont take away from the work or at least you have the option to further tweak the designs yourself.

Frank P.
photographer in USA

Cancel Culture Thrives at Format ~ They Censored Hundreds of Hours of My Work

Kommentare: Format decided that some of my edgier content violated their terms and services so they cancelled my service leaving me without a website. This could have put me out of business or lost me important opportunities ~ we'll never know ~ and they wouldn't even tell me what exactly I did that violated their paragraph #428 Section 3, paragraph 16, line 87. Decent software but a bug fail on this aspect. Perhaps they folded when they got an anonymous compliant? Or maybe they just don't like art, free expression, ideas and open dialog? All I know is they are against my free speech even though I was very careful to be legal, polite and correct.

I like the software quite a bit although like anything there is a learning curve and you have to have some design and web experience to get the most out of it. I know that I could never afford the one-off coding that went into their system. When people complain about boring templates they don't realize that the Format app allows you to drastically change the look and feel of each template, enough so that you can be unique and make it your own. I think the customization of their templates is their most powerful attribute.

While the mobile versions look good on most phones, not so much with tablets. And while you can use the mobile app to possible correct a typo (maybe) you really can't design a full website from your phone.

Bartosz P.
Bartosz P.
Freelance photographer in Niederlande

So far the best software for building websites. I can be focused on my work instead of fixing bugs.

Customer support is awesome here! They are answering my questions immediatelly. Format is nice because if you want to keep it simple you can, as I do. I just use it for simple gallery to showcase my photograph and never had any problems with that. Feature called "proofing" saved me a lot of time with selecting photos remotely with my clients. And also it is good because you look more professional with this proofing thing instead of sending numbers of files via email. I would highly recommend this for a photographers.

There are some times that working in "manager panel" is really slow but it's not a big thing. For now the only feature that is missing is uploading files in the background, so you can work on other things in your website while uploading a gallery.

Lifestyle and Advertising Photographer (specialising in Kids) in UK

Great Marketting Tool but in need of updates for photographers

Kommentare: Really incredible, their customer service is second to none, everyone in the team is very knowledgeable about their software and willing to walk you through anything you need to know

This is a great visual software that showcases my work really well

The best photography display option for me does not go fully across the screen- it would be great to have a bit more flexibility with the software to enable this and other updates so that the display matches the current trends.

Productrice et Réalisatrice in Kanada
Rundfunkmedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Beautiful website for creatives

Easy to use, simple, designs up to date and responsive

Even though the company is based in Canada (Toronto), there is no option to be charged in $CAD.

Fotograf in Schweiz
Bildende Kunst, Selbstständig

my two months with Format

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: it's good and intuitive to use with nice design templates

lightroom software, design templates, intuitive using, support

background gallery settings, some bugs like in the tool “captions and descriptions"

Sihem D.
Photographer in Spanien

Review Format

4 vor 2 Monaten Neu

The minimalistic look of the templates, it is easy to use, the customer service is great, it offers copyright option for the pictures.

I was disappointed that no slideshows were available with the pro plan.

Stacy D.
Arts Department Chair in USA
Kunst & Handwerk, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great Company

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: The customer service people are knowledgeable, king, and patient.

This is a fantastic platform for photography.

Not a thing! I have not found any issues with the software.

Autumn G.
Photographer in USA
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Format is a game changer!

Kommentare: I’ve tried seemingly every common website building company out there - I’m so happy with Format after two years that I’m constantly raving about it to my photographer friends. It negates any need for separate cloud storage, client proofing software, and website/portfolio design products.

Amazing functionality and endless features that are constantly being improved and added to! The annual package is the most ideal solution for a small business owner like me who is focused on streamlining all of my storage, portfolio, proofing and website needs.

I would love to see an improvement to accessing site editing functions on mobile. I’m frequently traveling for work, and am often away from desktop/laptop access to my dashboard, which makes quick changes to the website difficult.

Bianca G.
Manager in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Format

Kommentare: Overall I’ve had for Matt for years and I’ve never had an issue with a customer support is speedy I haven’t gotten to meet up with any issues I may have

What I like the most is that it is extremely User-friendly. Setting it up your self explanatory. Nice modern layout

What I find most difficult is using it on a cellular device. On the computer it is quite easy to maneuver. However on his cell phone somethings need to be changed as far as downloading pictures

Celine S.
Photographer in Kanada
Fotografie, Selbstständig

I love using Format! The themes are clean and they always try to improve their product.

Kommentare: It's always up to date, and I don't have to worry about trying to code myself. Most importantly, I have a modern, professional site to send potential clients that I can be proud of.

I really like how they upgrade and add new options continuously. Great support is there when you need it, and fairly quick as well. They added proofing, which was so important for me, and recently added some helpful tools like batch moving within the proofing category. This literally saves me hours of time. The themes are clean and versatile. If I want to have a change, it's really quick and simple to move to another theme. I really like that I can incorporate video, makes for a more interesting site for viewers.

I really don't have anything I dislike, except that I'm in Toronto, and that's their home base, however, I have to pay in US funds.

Tori W.
Photographer in USA
Fotografie, Selbstständig

I have been using Format for quite some time now and still think its the best option for me.

Kommentare: The ability to easily customize and update my website without hiring out someone to do so.

I love that it is quick and easy. I can change anything I need to in a matter of seconds. I love that the format team is always making improvements and doing their best to keep the user interface simple while giving their customers what they ask for.

I think there could be more plan options. I recently had to upgrade my website because I was going over in image count due to a recent shoot I was proofing for a client. I was shocked at the huge jump in price just for more image count. Not a whole lot of bang for the amount of bucks ($$$) there. I'll be downgrading again as soon as my client is done proofing their shoot. I would like to see format increase the amount of themes available. I feel as though what I am using currently is *almost* what I want. But there are more things I would like to change but simply cannot. I would love to be able to create custom gallery sections, just like you are able to fully customize other pages (about pages, text sections, contact pages). I would also love to see some slideshow options - I want a rotating image section on my homepage and on my about page!

Antonis D.
Photographer in UK
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I currently use FORMAT as the main hosting service for promoting my portfolio.

Kommentare: To promote and manage my Official website as a photographer.

FORMAT is my main tool for designing and managing my Official website as a photographer. I first tried and used it back in 2012. Since then, I am very satisfied and happy to be able to upload my work and feature my Photography work, as all the tools and design layouts are friendly to use and easy for managing different pages. The performance of the website is really good and I am very satisfied also by the fast response and kind guidance provided by their customer service.

It took me some time to realize that JPG picture format is running faster and its easier for upload and for loading the page. PNG Image format, especially if they are more than 5MB can cause delays in loading the pages of my portfolio, so I had to re-arrange the formats and re-upload only JPG Images. There isn't something particular that I dislike, maybe if the platform was supporting Flash video files and Intro pages it would be more enjoyable. But overall I am satisfied.

Melanie B.
Fashion Model in USA
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Best place to get a website!

Kommentare: It helps me promote my brand and show my work in the best way possible.

I love the different premise layouts for the websites. The layouts are clean, modern, and they have a variety to choose from. If I ever have a problem, the customer service is always top notch. They go above and beyond to help with every single question I've had. They really care about the customers. You can do prettt much whatever you like with your website. It's very straightforward with how to set everything up.

There's not much, if anything, that I have a problem with. I'd like to have a video as the opening/home page, but you might be able to do that now (I'm not sure).

Jerry R.
professional freelance photographer in Kenia
Fotografie, Selbstständig

The Format system allowed me to finally concentrate on images, not site maintenance.

Kommentare: I started building websites in 1995, cut and paste using Windows notepad. I worked my way up through HTML, WYSWYG, Dreamweaver, the lot. I finally grew tired of the maintenance, just wanting to do what I do best... photography. Format offered the elegance and simplicity I was looking for after reviewing many different options (Squarespace, Wix, many others). Oddly enough, I am from Toronto, but am now based in Nairobi, Kenya, but wasn't aware Format was in my former hometown around the corner from where I lived. Canadian expertise.

Clean designs. Easy to upload and curate images. Provides an all-in-one package for any professional. Galleries, blogs, customization of presentation. Easy for viewers to navigate and professional content display. It allows me to spend little time on website updates and more time on creating content. Viewers appreciate the simplicity.

Not too many cons. Maybe some meta info on the files (file names and dates). Multiple windows would be nice to drag and drop from different pages/galleries, make it easier to move files. And maybe an archive function for protection.

Craig A.
Artist in USA
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

I am happy that I found Format, and want more people to know how awesome their product is.

Kommentare: So far Format is the only company I've found that has fulfilled my requirements for WYSIWYG site production at a reasonable cost.

Format is easy to use and offers many clean, non- distracting, and professional templates. The customer service crew is friendly and rapid in response. They want to know real details if you have a complaint. I've never had a problem with my site going offline or getting hacked. It is direct- unlike managing a site through wordpress. They surprise us with free new upgrades...like a store! I thought that was really cool.

I've been using the redesigned site administrator graphic upgrade and mentioned to customer service that I thought the earlier version was easier to navigate or see, perhaps it was a design/ contrast issue. I'm getting used to the new layout, so in some ways I'm used to the learning curve of a new graphic interface design. Perhaps another visualization option under the new scheme, or a few adjustments available for contrast settings would help.

Peter K.
Artistic Director / Dance Artist in Kanada

The overall experience using Format.com is incredible. From A-Z they have every aspect covered!

That it's easy to use. I love the professional look of the themes but most importantly, I love the price point! If it was more money - it probably wouldn't be worth it but with the price point now in comparison to SquareSpace and other sites - its the best! I LOVE that it's a Canadian Company!

It has a few bugs with editing. I also wish the page designs were much for customizable! I wish that each page was able to have a separate "design theme". Sometimes certain galleries and projects deserve or need different designs or gallery viewings! Its limited for the entire website to one theme and type of gallery viewer!

Julia B.
Photographer in Kanada
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Easy to use; Fabulous customer service!

Kommentare: I've recommended Format to all of my photographer friends. It would be awesome if it were cheaper but I understand all the costs associated with running an interface like this and I'm happy to oblige with the cost!

Love the simplicity and functionality of the user interface. But my absolute favourite thing is the Format customer service. No waiting on the phone to get help from someone across the world needed... you message them over the website and they get back to you so soon! And they really do listen... if you ever find something you don't like or wish they had, they will most likely include this feature in their next update!

Cameron E.
Artist in UK

Fantastic and amazing website builder that within a few clicks its professional.

My friend told me about Format after i needed to find a decent website builder to show my work and they weren't wrong. Three months later of hard building I had the best possible site to show my art and the hits have been amazing. Its easy, fast and so clear and shows all styles for everyone that wants a professional website. Text fonts, tones and unlimited pages and amazing colours and templates. I would not suggest any other website builder then Format.

I do wish it would also offer a free usage for beginners or students who cannot afford to pay a month charge.

Carlos B.
Architecture Photographer in Nicaragua
Fotografie, Selbstständig

I've been with format for years now and their customer service has been great and very supportive.

Kommentare: A clean and elegant web site that impress my customers.

Their customer service is great and I am very pleased. Also, I like the fact that I can customized most of the template. The templates are specialized for photographers and that is something I appreciate a lot.

Latest changes and new home page (where you login), I do not like the videos they put there. Template should become even more minimalistic. They way Pages are displayed could be improved, maybe on a different arrange of list. It would also be great to have a built-in app that help creating high quality GIF animations or flash videos.

Elli P.
Owner/Photographer in USA
Fotografie, Selbstständig

I am continually impressed with their platform for the last few years!

Kommentare: A beautiful professional website

The ease of use and functionality - beautiful templates! I was able to quickly figure out how to select a template, alter the template, etc. even without any type of quide. I've used Squarespace and Format is so much more intuitive to me. Also I love the simplicity of most of the templates and amount you can alter them. The Proofing site is a HUGE plus as well.

Was missing a type of template that I really wanted that most photographers use (via Squarespace). They had all the pieces separately across other templates but didn't put them together.

Andrew K.
Creative Director, Photographer in USA
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Format is the perfect interface to share my portfolio, proof and deliver images, and shop my store.

It's designed for creatives and so has all the necessary features built into the design. Presentation matters and my work always looks elegant on the site.

The easier it is to do complex things on the website, the better. I'm hoping (and maybe it's already happened) that you come out with a template that would allow me to organize all my projects visually on the home page in a way that would allow me to scan through images and also have a quick description. It might already exist and I haven't taken the time to find the right template or modify the code.

Jacob V.
Photographer in Norwegen
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Easy to navigate and use, creating pages and adding items really is a breeze.

Kommentare: I got a really sweet portfolio with Format. Enough said!

The accessibility, navigationsystems, the themes and clean UI/User Interface is what makes Format easy to use. What I do love the most with Format is how easy it is to create the pages you truly dream of.

Some pages won't show up in the correct order. An example would be: The pages come up alphabetically in the "Pages" menu, but when you want to import images or pick a site to link up, the pages in the menu would show the pages in "oldest to newest" order. Quite confusing at first, but I can get used to it.