Über Debitoor

Für Freiberufler und kleine Unternehmen konzipiert. Erstelle und sende professionell aussehende Rechnungen in weniger als einer Minute mit Debitoor.

Erfahre mehr über Debitoor

Fedra S.
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.4.2019

"It is an excellent software!!"

Kommentare: I've a small photographic company that is emerging and I'm looking for the right tools to accompany it in its growth. Having an administrator of invoices, forms and budgets, expenses that also allows me to have a register of clients and products is something that would do well to my company, so I am evaluating the purchase of this service. I think it offers many benefits and at a good price.

Vorteile: The interface is intuitive and it's very friendly. It's easy to use, everything is very organized. Immediately after placing the country in which I reside, the exact amount of the tax charged in the country is placed. You can modify the templates of the emails that customers will receive with the invoice data. It allows to have a client registry, saves predetermined messages. It allows to take an expense management. . I can have a list of products The truth is that I like it a lot. I'm looking at the trial version and it's convincing me to have it in my business. The prices are quite accessible and from what I see you can easily climb if you have a small company like mine.

Nachteile: So far everything I've seen and tried from the software I really like, including the price since it's very accessible.

• Bewertet am 16.4.2019
Manuel B.
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"One of the most important tools for every company"

Kommentare: It's really fast, easy to use and since I am using it, I really like to write invoices. Before I did code my own system to create pdf invoices automatically, then I used word-files and an excel sheet to write down anything I need for the month, but I really hated doing it because it was so much work and it took me so much time. The most awesome feature I love about Debitoor is the option to import my business account so that I can go through it and use the incoming and outgoing payments as a todo list.

Vorteile: At first I found it very hard to get started with invoices and all that stuff that comes with starting your own company. I tested a lot of different softwares and I decided to go with Debitoor because it was the most easiest tool to use and I love that everything works out so quickly with just a few clicks, because I really want to focus on my business and not on the invoicing.

Nachteile: I would love to see more AI improvements that maybe automatically do or suggest stuff for me to reduce the amount of time I need to spend with Debitoor, but besides that I love using it.

Finance
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.3.2020

"Debitoor for the freelancer who wants to keep up to date with their business"

Kommentare: Debitoor is used by our one man business clients. We have found that they are able to see what is happening in their businesses from a financial perspective using this software. We then halp them with more detailed reporting and statutory reporting on a monthly basis.

Vorteile: Debitoor is great for our clients that run their own businesses as a one man show. They use it to send invoices to clients when onsite and when they are not onsite the software can tell you when your client has received and opened your invoice. This is great for small one man businesses as one can then immediately follow up on when payment will be made.

Nachteile: Debitoor does not allow for the full accounting function to be done on it, but it is a great tool for a one man business to have so they keep up to date with what is happening in the business as well as for simple cash flow and income statement reports .

• Bewertet am 31.3.2020
Sven E.
Freelance Web Developer
  • Bewertet am 18.1.2020

"Quality execution of too few features"

Kommentare: While its overall quality is great, Debitoor doesn't help out in nearly enough ways to be considered a complete book-keeping solution for small businesses who need to digitally report tax information. If you outsource the entirety of that work to an accountant who also works with Debitoor, that might be different, but if your starting out doing as much of the work as possible by yourself, Debitoor is not the way to go.

Vorteile: Debitoor makes basic accounting, invoicing & payments really easy. Its UI & apps are really intuitive and easy to use and a greate way to get started when first launching a business / freelance endeavour.

Nachteile: Debitoor sadly does not provide nearly enough features in the reporting departement. Not only can it not submit the necessary VAT-pre-reports on its own, it also has no reasonable option to export end-of-year tax reporting information to the tax office or even just another product that can take over that part of the accounting work.

von Debitoor an 20.1.2020

Hi Sven,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate your feedback.

Our Product Team is currently working on developing our reporting features further, so watch this space. :) Also, if you have specific suggestions on how exactly you'd like the reports in Debitoor to work, feel free to email us at: team@debitoor.com

All the best,
Debitoor

• Bewertet am 18.1.2020
Christopher W.
Self employed
Internet, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"Easiest software I’ve ever seen"

Kommentare: I love their customer services. They respond always super fast!

Vorteile: Easy to use, even for people who have their troubles with computer stuff

Nachteile: Sometimes the bank stuff could be a little less strict.

Enrique M.
Software Developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"Easy start for freelancers"

Vorteile: Very easy to use
Good documentation
Efficient Autocomplete when creating business expenses.
No credentials needed to report tax summaries to Elster (Germany)

Nachteile: Maybe some customer agents were a bit lazy when i asked for some very specific information about business expenses.

Alexander K.
Managing Owner
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"Good system for writing invoices and basic income/expense tracking"

Kommentare: As stated above, overall I'm happy with Debitoor - what it actually does it does fairly well. But I don't like the fact that they try to advertise themselves as this all-in-one invoicing and accounting solution when the feature set is still very limited. For example, you can't even create or upload your own invoice templates (something many similar services allow) - you have to set up your invoice template using Debitoor's limited options.

Vorteile: I like the fact that it's easy to create invoices and you can track whether the recipient has received them. You can also link your bank accounts and categorize and track income and expenses (i.e. whether an invoice has been paid, etc.) For these purposes, Debitoor works really well.

Nachteile: Despite Debitoor's claims, I wouldn't use the system for preparing and filing taxes or working with a tax advisor unless your underlying situation is very simple. As soon as things get even slightly more complex, you find that Debitoor simply doesn't support a number of different scenarios. My tax advisor has also said that the reports/export files that they receive are more or less unusable and do not conform to standard German accounting practice.

William C.
Consultant
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"very usefull and high quality German accounting tool. "

Kommentare: Debitoor saves a lot of Time if you use it in your Small to Medium Business Case, you can manage your Income and Costs in one online platform, also the User Experience is very nice.

Vorteile: The perfect Integration in other tools and bank accounts like Elster and Kontist.

Nachteile: The Customer Support has not a good knowledge base about their tool, when I had questions I had to help me by myself.

Philipp D.
Translator
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, Selbstständig

"Easy to use"

Kommentare: Creating invoices, paying my taxes, managing my contacts - that all is much easier and faste with Debitoor.

Vorteile: It's easy, it's fast and contains many functionalities that easy my working day

Nachteile: Once you selected the way to pay your taxes, you cannot reverse it but have to create a new account

Nikita P.
cinematographer
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"Great software with improvement to go"

Vorteile: I love how I can easily invoice, track my payments, record expenses, report VAT etc.

Nachteile: Unfortunately after shifting from external support of bank accounts to internal it started to work poorly, with many important options dropped completed, like support of Amazon cards.

Tobias B.
Designer
Design, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 8.7.2019

"Usable for the entire company"

Kommentare: I am self-employed and do all my corporate accounting (simple accounting) and tax reporting. My tax consultant checks my entries and uses them to prepare the annual balance sheet. I also fully automate the respective advance return for sales tax with Debitoor.

Vorteile: I like that with Debitoor you can basically do all the bookkeeping. This ranges from the recording of expenses and revenues to the calculation of company balance sheets and the advance return for sales tax. My tax advisor is fine with her own login and can export all data, etc. This is very convenient.

Nachteile: In some places it is a bit difficult to understand the interface. Sometimes it is not the system's fault but also the EU's bills. Sometimes you get confused with the taxes. The OCR scanning of expense receipts is not always correct for automatic recognition.

• Bewertet am 8.7.2019
Adnan S.
Self employed
Bau, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"Efficient and practical program"

Kommentare: All in all: I can recommend this software.

Vorteile: The user interface is very simple.
I write all my offers and bills exclusively with debitoor. I have my finances totally under control and can easily digitally review all my expenses.
The app runs seamlessly (android). I honestly do most of my work on my phone while I'm on the go, thanks to debitoor.
The customer service is quick to reply and friendly.

Nachteile: I don't have anything negative to report.

Kolja H.
Business Consultant
Baumaterial, Selbstständig

"State-of-the-art"

Kommentare: Time and espacially costs savings for all accounts and tax tasks/management

Vorteile: Absolutely easy to get an invoice - lesss than 30 seconds!
Great to admin all costs incl. the pdf files which are read automatically so that I only need to check and add
Especially its totally easy (GERMAN market) to send your tax-farecast to the local authorities by one-click only - very cool!

Nachteile: nothing - all is very fine
There is nothing to mention

David H.

"Perfekt!"

Kommentare: Its a PERFECT software!

Vorteile: Perfect Software for small Business Like mine :-)

Nachteile: Some areas cant be make unshown, so some areas are displayed, but nobody needs them.

Koch O.
Hausmeisterservice, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"Price / performance is good. Easy work."

Kommentare: It would be nice if it is saved automatically. Often it happens if not cached, everything has to be entered again.Otherwise, I am convinced of the simplicity. Sufficient for my company size. Price performance fits.

Vorteile: easy
After a short training and data maintenance, easy work possible.
Great support. Reaction very fast and helpful.

Nachteile: inflexible
Adjustments to your own templates would be nice, but as far as it is, can be worked well.

Anne R.
Branding & Storytelling für Selbstständige
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

"Happy to use Debitoor"

Kommentare: I love Debitoor, cause it just works. I can easily handle everything around payment, bills and taxes.

Vorteile: I can store customer data, collect all invoices at one place, was able to connect my bank account and can easily send invoices with a "pay now online"-button

Nachteile: The stats / graphs seem to be a bit messy and the design-options aren't fully convincing

Motion Designer
Design, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 5.7.2019

"Very good accounting tool"

Vorteile: Most complete accounting tool on the market for freelancers and very good Interface.
Good invoicing funtionality & great app

Nachteile: If you do the yearly tax declaration on your own, I sometimes find it hard to transfer the data. I miss something like an "Anlagenverzeichnis" on a yearly basis

Joerg S.
Informationsdienst, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"Top features for the money "

Kommentare: Using it for some months now with three different businesses. Top value for my money.

Vorteile: Web and App at the same time. Easy to use with direct access to my bank account.

Nachteile: Nothing discovered yet. Using it nearly every day.

Jens W.
DJ
Musik, Selbstständig

"Debitoor "

Kommentare: After my DJ Jobs i creat directly in the club my invoice ! I never forget to invoice my booker ! Thats Amazing

Vorteile: Its an easy system where you creat invoices in less then 2 min

Nachteile: There is nothing to complain. I have my perfect payplan and everything what i need

Gerald A.
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"(nearly) the perfect solution"

Kommentare: I use debitoor for my photography business and I like it because it's one place for my whole office work

Vorteile: easy to use and no server problems. very good help if you've questions

Nachteile: mails sent directly via debitoor are often marked as spam

Thorsten P.
consulter
Computer-Software, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"easy and fast billing / invoice software"

Vorteile: You can write a new invoice for a new customer in a few minutes !

Nachteile: You can do the complete accounting with his software, but I still use an easy excel-chart for this.

Michaela H.
Copy writer and journalist
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"Easy to use, good solution for freelancers"

Kommentare: I can create invoices easily as well as keep track of payments. The user interface is very intuitive.

Vorteile: I am a copy writer and journalist and really like this software. It is easy to use, quick and makes life a lot easier for freelancers. The support is also excellent.

Nachteile: Nothing. I have not found any negative points yet.

Carsten T.
Unterhaltungselektronik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"Easy to use, but not fully complete"

Kommentare: It really enables one to do accounting without much detailed knowledge.

Vorteile: It's really easy to use. What it can do, it does really well. Both the browser interface as well as the app.

Nachteile: It doesn't support some basic things like loans. Pricing is okish. For some it might be cheaper than lexoffice, for some it might be more expensive.

Nathanael-osirius W.
web design & development
Internet, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 6.7.2019

"Working with Debitoor makes accounting fun!"

Kommentare: I never thought I'll ever write this, but since using Debitoor, I do enjoy accounting! I'm very happy with Debitoor and my overall experience is very positive. I do believe that Debitoor offers the best value for your money.

Vorteile: Minimalist design, easy to use, fast support

Nachteile: No two factor authentication, very few design options for invoices.

• Bewertet am 6.7.2019
Matthias B.
Senior Android Developer
Informationsdienst, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"Close to be perfect for freelancers"

Vorteile: It is really easy to use.
Has all feautures I would ever need.

Nachteile: For some cases, the tax selection does not act as expected. E.g. for a company located in Ireland but with a VAT number I cannot set a tax percentage. The category"travel costs is a bit too broad and could use some finer splitting.