Filtern nach:

Über Baking It

Cake Business solution for Organising, Managing, and Running your Cake Business Efficiently.

Erfahre mehr über Baking It

Lebensmittelproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Wow so easy to design cakes and cost them!

The ease of designing cakes makes life at the bakery so much easier day to day! Also the ability to accurately price the cakes makes sure that we are not losing money for our business!

Have not really seen anything that I would change

Antwort von BAKING IT

Thanks for a lovely review. It's heartening for us to see that we are able to help in some way in running your bakery :-)

Sarah H.
Cake Artist in Trinidad und Tobago

Love it!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, I really love the program and I'm happy to renew my membership every year. I think the golden ticket is the customer service- the people who run this program are wonderful. They go above and beyond to help you solve problems. It feels like you're talking to people like you and not some faceless company.

This program helped me get my business organized. Before using this program I didn't have a log of my inventory or a proper list of ingredient costs (it was all kept in a spreadsheet not in alphabetical order) so you can imagine that was a pain. I love how with Bakingit, you can input your prices and products and it will automatically calculate your costs. It's helped me understand how badly I was under charging before. I also love how my quotes and contact information is kept neatly and organized.

There's not much that I don't like. Sometimes you'd experience a bug or two (like a quote would somehow get corrupted and therefore can't be emailed out or even edited) That does not happen often though. Sometimes minor features don't seem to work smoothly like the search in the contacts section. With regards to the 3D cake designer, I think the concept is fantastic, but it needs a bit more tweaking to be perfect.

Fay M.
Fay M.
Lebensmittelproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Decent software but poor customer service

Kommentare: I have no issue with the software, it simply wasn't for me and my business. What I do have an issue with is Baking Its auto renewal subscription practices. I stopped using the software and stupidly didn't realise it was automatically set to renew. They give you no warning when it is due to renew and so the first I heard about it was when I received a receipt. I contacted them straight away to explain I no longer used the software and didn't want to renew for another year but they basically referred me to their terms and conditions citing no refunds under any circumstances. When I complained they stopped bothering to reply at all. It may be legal but in my view that is sharp practice and certainly underhand. So I now have entire year's subscription which is as much use as a chocolate teapot to me. Despite the fact the software is decent, it is for this reason I would not recommend using it. If you do decide to use it just be very careful of your settings because you won't get much in the way of customer care from them if you do make a mistake!

The software seemed good but more complex than I really needed so I stopped using it after a few weeks and went back to my own system

It was quite complex to input materials and a laborious process requiring a lot of time

Antwort von BAKING IT

Thanks for your review. We try to be fully transparent to our users before they sign up and even had our terms reviewed by government trading standards for fairness. However we have taken your feedback on board and taken remedial action with respect to annual subscription reminders. We now also send a trial expiring reminder to our trial customers.

Katrina P.
Owner/Cake Artist in USA
Essen & Trinken, Selbstständig

Great product with stellar customer service

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, I have had a great experience with this software. It has helped me to streamline my business. I am able to put quotes together very easily and communicate with my customers using the email templates. The customer service is excellent! Any issues I have experienced have been resolved quickly.

The software is very easy to use. There are detailed tutorials to guide you through setup and show you how to use the software. Everything is all in one place and the design of the software makes it easy to keep up with recipes, inventory, pricing, invoicing and profits. The cake designer is really cool and helps me save a lot of time when putting quotes together. This software definitely covers everything a baker needs to run a bakery business from home or in a store front.

The software comes with a calendar and task manager to help you stay on track with your orders, appointments and tasks. It would be helpful if there is a way to integrate it with our Google calendar. When I am on the go, it would make life a little easier if I didn't have to login to see my bakery schedule. Minor challenge. It does not take away from all the great things this software has to offer.

Rodinne D.
Owner bakery in Niederlande
Bankwesen, Selbstständig

Professional & Valuable♡

Kommentare: Het programma past bij de professionalisering van mijn bedrijf. Zowel de klanten als ik hebben meer duidelijkheid. Ze weten hoe ik hun ideeën heb geïnterpreteerd en wat ze kunnen verwachten. Dit programma blijf ik zeker
gebruiken.
The program is in line with the professionalization of my company. Both the customers and I have more clarity. They know how I have interpreted their ideas and what to expect. I will certainly continue to use this program.

In het begin was het erg zoeken. Maar nu gaat het erg goed. Bij elk gebruik van het programma leer ik meer. Ik vind het fijn dat ik veel ontwerpen kan maken en dat ik ze allemaal kan opslaan! Klanten vinden het erg fijn dat ik hun ontwerp visueel maak. In the beginning I was clicking a lot....searching!.But now it is going very well. I learn more with every use of the program. I like that I can make a lot of designs and that I can save them all! Customers love that I visualize their design.

Wat ik lastig vind is dat ik niet alle stijlen kan ontwerpen, zoals ik wil. De opties in het programma staan vast en dus niet aan te passen. Ik moet dan creatief zijn en dan de klant tekstueel meer duidelijkheid geven. What I find difficult is that I cannot design all styles as I want. The options in the program are fixed and cannot be changed. I then have to be creative and then provide the customer with more textual clarity.

Antwort von BAKING IT

Thanks so much for a lovely review. With regards to expanding the cake designer we have few options on how to do it. 1. You can import any 2d image and add it to the cake as ribbon, lace, 2d decoration, as wedding cake topper. It makes it infinitely expandable. 2. When you are done with the design on the designer you can use our sketcher software to further sketch on it by hand to finish the design precisely to how you wanted.

Melissa E.
Owner, Cake Artist in USA
Eventservice, Selbstständig

Very Useful

Kommentare: Overall I find Baking It very useful for the purpose of planning/sizing cake profiles to share with the client! I use it will every wedding proposal!

I primarily make custom wedding cakes and use Baking It every time I prepare a proposal for my clients. It is very helpful to them to see exactly what their cake profile will look like (the proportion of each tier size in the overall cake configuration) and helps them decide on the look of the cake that best suits their preferences while still keeping within their requested servings range! I feel it helps them have realistic expectations for what the finished product will look like on display. The cutting guides are also very helpful to print off and include for the caterer with the cake when delivering.

I primarily use Baking it to mock up the cake tier size profile only. I have difficulty using the decoration features easily and there are many elements I use on my cakes that are not available in the software. Sometimes the program freezes while I attempt to save a profile and it gets lost and I have to re-build it, but this only happens ocassionally.

Antwort von BAKING IT

Hi Melissa, Thanks for taking the time out to leave a review. We have taken remedial steps to make sure that the designer part is much more stable and that the problem is sorted. We are constantly adding new features to the website and we will in touch with you personally to take further feedback and incorporate it into the website. Thanks

Julia B.
Lebensmittelproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great software but support could be more responsive

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: The concept of this software is great but unfortunately there are some issues. There have been numerous occasions where surprisingly some calculations have been incorrect. These are not just monetary values but other metrics as well. The “Fix” has ranged from removing and re-adding items or, in some instances just starting the order again! I can’t help think that If I wasn’t vigilant when these errors occurred that I would have either over or under cost a client’s order. I have been a user of your application for several years. When I first registered for your service the response times you offered for any questions or issues was very good. You also attempted to resolve issues quickly when needed. Unfortunately, it pains me to say that your support service has slipped a little over the years. I feel like I’ve reported several issues during this time that have affected my ability to work but there seems to have been little progress. I’ve also asked for some additional enhancements during this time but they have still to be addressed. For example, when It comes to completing my yearly self-assessment tax report, I needed a way to extract my sales, costs & profit figures for the year. At the moment I have to keep chasing you each year for a one-off bespoke report. I’ve been told that this functionality will be added to your web application but it’s still outstanding. Hopefully you can take these comments as constructive criticism.

I do enjoy using all elements of the software. It is very in depth and helps me with the design process, calculations and the quote for my customers. Since using this software I have adapted my business and workflows accordingly to exploit its functionality and all that it has to offer.

Bugs, outstanding requests for enhancements etc.. Please see the box below for details

Lisa L.
Owner in Kanada
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Baking It For Small and Medium Size Bakeries

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: My experience has been very positive. There are so many aspects of your business that can be helped by Baking It.

The software is very easy to get started with and to use. There is a lot of instruction videos and the team behind the software are always there to help.

I don't have any really outstanding needs at this time however I know they are always improving it!

Nicolette I.
Baker in USA

Great software

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Saves me so much time and makes everything easier when quoting clients on cake sizes and servings.

Love that it helps me determine how much fondant I need for my cakes. I use it the most for determining what size to make my cakes and how many servings I will get. Makes everything so easy and it is pretty accurate.

I wish that the stack a cake feature with the drawing could also tell me how many servings.

Debbie N.
Lebensmittelproduktion, Selbstständig

Bakint It review by Amazing Grace Cakes

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Great to communicate your designs to customers and help to win the order. Customer service is great in response time and for resolving issues.

I use this software for the design element only. I think following is really great - the portion size, shape, cake builder, finished article, preview pics, download as jpeg or PNG, portion grid, watermark.

The decorations/flowers etc are too 2d looking and outdated - the decorations in the selection tabs need to be updated to allow for more 'on trend' cake styles. For example, floating cake tiers, geode cake features, wafer paper effects, more fresh flowers etc.

Laura N.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Basic Easy to Use Cake Deisgn Software

Kommentare: I have enjoyed using it, but feel that no updates have been done to the design (image side of it) since it launched and have now looked at other applications and manual templates.

Provides a visual image to the customer that is great as they like to be able to visualise their cake

It could do with a lot of updating and more modern feel to the cakes. Bigger selection of flowers, easier to display on the cakes. More lifelike feel.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for your feedback. We have updated a lot of features in the cake designer. As the cake designing world is ever-growing we're always open to feedback and suggestions from cake makers worldwide to incorporate new ideas.

Jenn B.
Owner/baker in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion, Selbstständig

Sketching cakes-very important

Kommentare: I've had a great experience, again the ease of being able to sketch a cake for a client and show them during a tasting is wonderful.

I like how I am able to sketch cakes out for my clients and directly email them to them.

I just wish they were more options for decorating

Antwort von BAKING IT

Thanks so much for a lovely review. Happy to be of help :-)

Dave B.
Co-Owner in UK

Has the potential to be great software - easy to use but missing key capabilities

- This software is generally pretty easy to use and get to grips with. - It suits businesses where there is no requirement to use the data in external systems.

Missing some findamental capabilities - Unable to export data. - Unable to forecast future orders - Unable to link calendar which means rekey of orders in bot

Antwort von BAKING IT

Thanks for the review. We wish to point out that you can export your data by downloading or printing your list of entered items

Pamela A.
owner in USA

poor customer service

Kommentare: set up a video call to help with my issue and no one on their end showed up!!

hoping to have cake design software that allowed me to import my design images

did not properly allow me to import my designs even though they were vector images

Jiaqi L.
Student in USA
Computerspiele, Selbstständig

review

Kommentare: It is a good one and I will recommend it to others.

It is a good bakery software and it is convenient and easy to use. It contains several functions and it is useful.

The content is not very colorful and maybe more can be added to the application. And more features can be better.

vor 5 Monaten

Thanks Jiaqi for your feedback and comments. We will surely look for avenues to spice up the colours as suggested. We're however quite pleased that you saw the value in functionality we offer.