Über Ecanvasser

Politische-Kampagnen- und Community-Akquise-App. Kartiere deine Community und stelle eine Verbindung zu ihr her.

Erfahre mehr über Ecanvasser

Ecanvasser is quick to download and the process from downloading to use is very straight forward.

The app Go Ecanvasser had too much bug and didn't work for old phones which made the work hard and complicated for our volunteers and campaign staffer.

Bewertungen zu Ecanvasser

3,7
3,8

Ecanvasser hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,1 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 92 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Ecanvasser bereits verwendet?

Dana
Dana
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Don't Campiagn Without it!

Kommentare: Easy to use, if I could not figure out something their tech dept was a real help

I used this software and used list printed from Republican headquarters WHAT A TIME SAVER this software is. I went door to door for another campaign after losing in the primary. The other campaign did not use Ecanvasser Took me 3-4 times as long to cover the same area as it would have using Eanvasser!

A bit of a learning curve noth too difficult

Elijah
Politische Organisation, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

E-canvasser has been gold.

Kommentare: My experience with e-canvasser so far has been gold. I haven't had any issues using the software, the apps, or other administrative features. It has been incredibly useful in the field too.

The software is extremely accessible and easy to use. I really admire the quickness of data syncing from cell phones and tablets.

I don't have any cons, but would enjoy a phone-banking software included with the canvassing service too.

Robert
Consultant in USA
Politische Organisation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Key functionalities for campaigns are missing

Kommentare: I only use ECanvasser because of the data modeling that comes with more expensive services like i360, Voter Gravity, etc. However, I know a number of consultants that absolutely hate ECanvasser, too, and just feel stuck with it. I haven't found a suitable replacement yet, but when I do, I'll never use ECanvasser again unless significant changes are made.

It's web-based, and the the app is fairly useful for canvassers in the field. The thing I like the most is that it sells the service of data storage and manipulation; it does not sell me datasets that are being statistically modeled by people I don't know.

The thing I absolutely, completely, utterly hate is data appending and voter matching. Nearly every other software I've used allows me to append data to voter records matching through VoterIDs, which are unique identifiers for voters and suitable for purposes of appending. It adds hours to data matching and outputs, especially for GOTV purposes. It's just simply ridiculous that cannot be done. I've asked, and the question has just been blown off. The customer support is also horrible. My database and app functionality went down on a weekend before election day once. It took me two days to hear back from someone because of the "weekend." They're selling political software, but it's more like they could care less about the value that political software provides to political campaigns. They approach customer service like software engineers, and it's horrible.

Carl
Carl
Business Owner in USA

eCanvasser is an excellent tool for canvassing homes for political campaigns.

Kommentare: The greatest benefit is the ability to assign as many canvassers as we like, without additional licenses. Operationally, our teams have been able to move a lot quicker in canvassing voting districts. We also like the custom fields, allowing us to use this as our primary data source.

eCanvasser is focused on canvassing homes, instead of trying to be a be all end all of campaign operations. It is fairly easy to use. Hands down, customer service is outstanding. They respond quickly via email, and it is easy to talk to a live person. I like the control I have with the data, and unlimited custom fields I can create. The other big pro is their license model. I can assign as many volunteer canvassers as I want without an additional charge. All other services I found charge a license per user. This gives a budget tight campaign a lot of flexibility in using volunteers.

The data model needs some maturing. When creating groups, you have to select voters to put in that group. That's no biggy. But if you append the master database, the changes to a voters record do not aggregate to the record you placed within your groups. The Canvass Types are static. I would like to be able to create additional types, and select my own color. Canvassers also have to drill down too much to get to data they need at the door. Their are a few areas where it could be more intuitive. However, these are easily overcome with additional training. Overall, the product is great. We will continue using the product, and ensure our needs are input to developers for future enhancements.

Antwort von Ecanvasser

Hi and thanks for the feedback. We are currently addressing custom canvass statuses to give you more flexibility. As regards appending the master database and how this affects groups we are looking to develop Dynamic Groups also in the medium term.

Politische Organisation, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Incredibly useful and easy to use software

Kommentare: I am a huge fan of ecanvasser/walk. It is so easy to choose which house you're at and which person you're speaking with. The questions/surveys are easy to set up on the desktop dashboard and even easier to answer when at the doors on the app. The amount of time you save from not having to enter in data from paper sheets has been a God send. As well, it's very handy that the app updates in real time. So if someone is joining your team while out and about they can see which doors you've hit and which are left to be done. There had been some hickups while using the app and some bugs we've found. But the dev team has been so helpful and responsive it hasn't negatively impacted our work. I highly recommend ecanvasser.

The the I like most about ecanvasser is its ease of use. It's incredibly intuitive and easy to learn. Both from an admin side, where you're setting things up from the desktop dashboard, and in practice at the doors side where it's super easy to enter accurate data.

The one thing I don't like about the app is editing contact information for individuals at the doors. When in the android app it's difficult to find at first. Once you do find it, it can be incredibly frustrating to enter into the data. I also dislike that you have to press the confirm/check mark button to save any data you've entered into any field. If you aren't aware of that when you first get started it is very easy to think you're collecting data but layer find out none of it was saved.

Politische Organisation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A Software that is almost there

Kommentare: Ecanvasser has met most of my campaign needs.

The maps are good. The ease of access to features is good. Switching between campaigns is easy.

The clustering of houses into blocks is very frustrating. It seems that when I first started using Ecanvasser over a year ago that each house showed up separately on the map. Now, however, they are bunched together and in a very random order. Sometimes, the first house on the street shows up on the map very far past other houses on the map, because one might be odd and the other even. The biggest problem of all is that sometimes (often), one must enlarge the screen massively in order to uncover "hidden" blocks of houses. If Ecanvasser could undo these problems, which I do not recall from my campaign in fall 2017, I would really like it.

Francis
Francis
Digital Consultant in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

We had issues with usability for our volunteers but the data import function worked nicely.

Kommentare: It was nice the amount of data that we were able to import. I liked how most of my data points were represented in the pre-defined data parameters.

The usability for non-tech -savvy users was really bad. Most users had a difficult time signing up. They either didn't get the invite email or text or when they did it went to spam. Also, the iOS version of the app had some additional functionality that wasn't readily apparent in the Android version. It was also very frustrating when the houses on the map did not appear in the correct location. This lead to a lot of going over the same territory more than once to find a house. The canvas part of the app didn't work very well on Android but seemed to be a usable feature on iOS. When using the canvass list on an iOS device it seemed to work better and be more accurate vs the Android version. I went as far as to also import the GPS coordinates of the houses to improve the accuracy of the maps but that didn't seem to help. I would have also liked a quicker turnaround on the customer support.

Staatsverwaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good for selct usage, may not cover all campaign needs

Kommentare: I used it for a basic field campaign in a situation where VAN wasn't available. It served a limited purpose for sending out canvass teams, but overall there was too much difficulty keeping the data in Ecanvasser in sync with other data coming in from other sources. As things got busier, it ended up being less work to use paper lists and do manual entry into another system than it was to keep the program updated.

It was a pretty easy initial setup, getting lists loaded and assigning turfs to canvassers. The staff is very responsive as well, I always got quick answers from them whenever I reached out.

It does the job as a mobile canvassing device, but that's very rarely the only database function occurring on a campaign. It isn't set up for easy desktop list management, manual data entry, custom list exports, etc., and as such is limited in usefulness. It does what it says it will, but at this point can't really be used as a primary database for a full scale campaign. It needs some changes to its desktop functionality, or an easy interface with another program that adds that capacity. Right now it's only useful for one piece, which you can't really connect to everything else in a campaign that relies on an adaptive database.

Director of Policy in USA

A good solid program that gets the job done, without the unnecessary flash.

The software is easy to use after the initial set-up. You get your campaign up and running and you have very little issue getting your canvassers out and hitting the maximum amount of doors.

It is sometimes difficult to get help if you are not in the same time zone as the ECaanvasser, because they are located in Ireland. What are business hours on the west coast of the United States are not anywhere close to the hours in Ireland.

Joshua
Joshua
Community Organizer in USA
, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great use for canvassing

Kommentare: Full on canavassing software with it easier to use the. Minivan

The ease to set it up and add the data, the script and my team and get them set up and going in the app is amazing,

They don't have a service (yet) for their own voter data. Nation builder just did and that would be a great service for them to off themselves and not having to do a third party, a one stop shop

Antwort von Ecanvasser

Hi and thanks for the feedback. We are looking into data provision and hope to have something set up for the next campaign cycle.

Matthew
Local Party Coordinator in UK

Great software that is invaluable with election campaigns

Kommentare: Time Saving - More accurate data recording.

The software makes recording data on real time much easier and colates all the data from our election campaigns in one place. The customer service is amazing.

Whilst the new layout is more visually appealing, some of the functionality has been lost - particularly with Caseworking.

Antwort von Ecanvasser

Hi and thanks for the review. Glad you are happy with the software and keen to help you with any issue you might have in regards to Caseworking. I don't believe we have changed anything on the caseworking functionality but you may be having issues finding it in the new interface. Why not drop us a message on our support chat box and we can help you get sorted out.

Emmett
Communications Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Not bad for price

Kommentare: We ran into some issues, but Ecanvasser was always ready to help. Could use some more user-experience to capture needs of field operations.

Cost effective and relatively easy to set up.

Lots of bugs, limited features based on need

Amy
Constituency Association President & Campaign Manafer in Kanada

Feedback

Kommentare: Decent. Gave us good info.

That it helped you fund your location and speed up the input.

That if you are in street view and go to a different window that it didn't save your spot when you come back.

Kassie
Organizer in USA
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Works Pretty Good

Kommentare: This has been a good option for us and has enabled us to execute new work in a relatively affordable and straightforward way.

Having undertaken a canvassing operation as a 501c3, we opted for ecanvasser. There was a learning curve, but the software has allowed us to do our canvassing with no paper and no data entry. In particular I like the star rating system, the ability to create a survey, and the real time updates on progress in the field.

I find the groups and teams layout somewhat annoying and more complicated than it needs to be. In particular I don't like that the user cannot limit their map view to a specific group at any one time. (eg it would be helpful to be able to pre-assign groups, but the more you assign, the more data canvassers have to sort through). The software is a battery eater too, so canvassers may need portable cell chargers.

Harini
Political Activist in UK

Twentyfirst Century Canvassing

Kommentare: I am routinely out on the doorsteps canvassing for my political party. Ecanvasser has made this process paperless which is a massive breakthrough. I am a big fan of ecanvasser compared to our old paper-based systems, however, the designers should modify it for the UK political market to improve its functionality.

The ecanvasser app dramatically reduces the administrative burden on political canvassers. It is a real delight to discard all the paper electoral roll sheets and clipboards and record the data simply and easily on our phones. The map feature allows easy location of homes which are tucked away or where streets are eccentrically numbered.

The product is designed for the US market and needs updating to reflect UK street layouts and electoral boundaries. It would be great if users had the ability to customise the questions and categories.

Nada
Campaign assistant in Kanada

Ecanvasser assessment

Kommentare: So far it has been extremely helpful and the support team is extremely helpful.

The ability to canvass with ease. It made it faster and more accessible with the technology ecanvasser provides.

I wish there was a functionality to select all members of a household at once and allow them to have the same support rating instead of selecting each individual separately.

William
Staatsverwaltung, Selbstständig

Ecanvasser

Kommentare: It has been good. Used by multiple teams simultaneously and clearly indicated where the teams had been.

The ability to search for addresses by street.

Does not always populate the addresses that have been reached.

Stéphane
Director of communication and Community Outreach in Kanada
Politische Organisation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use. Simple. I like the design.

You have great customer service. Every time we have a question you are there to help and it's fast. Everybody can use it. It's simple.

Sometimes the map is not completely accurate. Would be nice to have an option to upload a picture. Impossible to invite another user on your phone.

Dave
Politische Organisation, Selbstständig

Great product for political canvassing.

Kommentare: Paperless and automated data compilation

Paperless so that canvassers do not have to look awkward. automated compilation of data makes after-canvassing work simple.

Lack of not in any group sort choice. Lack of sort ability on people screens. But, these are VERY minor issues.

Dom

ECanvasser Review

I enjoyed the functionality of the software. The software helped in keeping track of houses and constituents met with and still to meet and tracked responses consistently.

Frequent crashes and glitches. Software compatibility with my iPad. Duplicates and errors in data.

Rob
Community Activist in UK
Politische Organisation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Nice features but too many cicks

Kommentare: Needs more testing with highly stretched teams for whom reduction in data entry time is significant.

The dashboard and the customisable print out options

Too cumbersome on data entry (googlesheets quicker and easier)

Tobias
Project manager in Schweden
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to get started

It's easy to get started and easy to start using the software. For example the map mode of canvassing makes it real easy to get started with no prior training if a campaign manager has done all the pre-canvassing work needed.

It's hard to make a proper analysis based on ad-hoc teams in the field. Teams, groups and other ways to view the collected data on the fly is a must. Having to sift through information in Excel is not the most user-friendly way to try to analyze.

Alex
IT in USA

Mixed

It's listed functionality indicated that this was a good solution for our needs.

It was too hard for the people on the campaign to learn to use.

Marisel
Secretary in USA

I have been using this app for about a month to canvass my neighborhood. It is very easy to use.

The ease of use. It is easy to flip back and forth between different books and different features.

I was not able to sort the data using other fields that I had collected. I was not able to merge results collected from Survey question and field input.

Antwort von Ecanvasser

Hi and thanks for the feedback. We have noted your suggestions and will feed it back to the development team. We will be working on merging results from survey questions in the coming months.

Kevin
faculty in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Short use

Kommentare: It worked well in getting door information to people so that a follow up could happen at a later date.

This was good at seeing where we need to go in the neighborhood and what was already completed. Helped communicate between users.

The iPhone version was very buggy and did not work very well in getting what was assigned in the program.