Renovating the idea of live events.

Bewertet am 16.11.2018
Edgar R.
Consultor en comunicación y tecnologías de información
Darstellende Künste, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've tried Shoflo for various events now and definitely time saved is the main advantage. File sharing and data updating for the whole production team is a good point to consider. It's a project management app dedicated for live events. Note taking helps alot, and realtime changes is really cool!

Vorteile: It's an all in one packed solution mainly for live events , eventhough preproduction for tv and shooting can also reduce alot of time and effort. If your crew has access to a computer, tablet or Ipad on site, definitely give ShoFlo a try, and you will consider adding it to your budget.

Nachteile: Mainly the cost, secondly the implementation time and learning curve. Eventhough Shoflo helps mainly in time reduction and file sharing throughout the team, not all people in the industry have neither the time or the will to sit down and consider a new tool.

Shoflo - Magic LED Manager

Bewertet am 2.1.2017
Caleb P.
LED Systems Manager
Sport, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Generally speaking.....love the Shoflo user experience! Far easier than everything I've used before (both with the Magic and with other sports teams I've worked with) and makes adjustments on the fly super smooth. Only a couple of (minor) pain points that I still don't like dealing with on the UX side: +we break our show down into three mini-phases pregame, in-game, and floating. Best I can tell, though, there's no way to jump between these without using the browser back button, then selecting my new destination. Making it so users can jump from one of these phases to the next without the middle step of using the back button would make things easier. Customer support representatives have told me that there's no way to backlog old events without losing them (which they need for the purpose of copying/pasting over old elements that may recur at a later date). This forces all users to have to jump ahead through multiple pages of past games to get to the current upcoming game. Instead, having a "past shows" and "upcoming shows" build option (driven by date) would make this process one step quicker every game. +(FWIW, I have no idea on the financials of our arrangement with Shoflo, so my rating on 'Value' above isn't really applicable)

Vorteile: See previous notes submission block

Nachteile: See previous notes submission block

Excellent software that has made my life a lot easier.

Bewertet am 5.1.2017
Olli T.
Producer
Unterhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: After moving from excel sheets to shoflo my life has changed completely. I don't need to worry about sending the latest updated run sheet (xls) to everybody. In the start of each project, I simply designate and invite the crew to the project, allocate roles (who can edit, who gets read only etc) and send the guest to pass URL-link till client and others involved. This gives them access to the last updated version of the run sheet all the time. No need to email separate files constantly. Show caller function is also amazing which we use at all the bigger productions.

Vorteile: sharing possibilities
ease of use

Nachteile: some of the solutions are standard cannot be altered.

Bill Baxter review

Bill B.

Kommentare: We used this software in November and while we had many printouts and pdfs, we did project this on common monitors run by our Show Caller. It was invaluable for last minute updates and changes of speaker names and titles. Our chyron operator was able to take the new name information directly off the live shoflo feeds. Overall loved its flexibility and will be using this again on a show coming up in Amsterdam. thank you and keep up the great customer service.

Best Show Agenda Software

Brittani A.
Event Production Manager

Kommentare: I've been using ShoFlo for 2 years and it's the best software out there. I won't do another event without ShoFlo to keep my team on track. Every detail is logged into ShoFlo and it makes it much easier for me to delegate for others to help manage the details of the show.

Vorteile: Easy to use, the functionality...just about everything.

Nachteile: Could use some improvement for viewing/editing on ipad&iphone.

Shoflo is a Game-changer!

Ellie C.
Event Manager
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's hard to remember event life before Streamline began using Shoflo. Partially because I've blocked out the spreadsheet formatting nightmares that used to take up so much time. It's been a game-changer for us. The prep time has been cut in half, we've saved on ink with the share features, and calling the shows has become much more efficient. It's easy to use, always finding ways to improve, and I couldn't recommend it highly enough!

Vorteile: Live changes, ease of use, sharing, response to improvement suggestions.

Nachteile: Every now and then there will be a glitch that needs to be fixed. There is always a shortcut or work around thought to lessen the inconvenience.

Great Product! Great Company!

Michael R.
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: ShoFlo solved a problem of all the production staff being "on the same page". The ability to setup a "Backstage" screen that lets all involved in the show know what is going on is fantastic. We always had paper run sheets but if something changed during a rehearsal, all the posted run-sheets were instantly obsolete. We looked at several other systems. The problem was that other systems required dedicated hardware or a brand of hardware that not everyone had. Shoflo is cloud based and works with any device. With Shoflo, the stage manager updates the system and every position sees it at once. We love the product. One thing that might make it better: We would like to see the ability to drag and drop rows to rearrange items. Maybe some more flexible import tools. I highly recommend this product.

Vorteile: Cloud based; Ease of use

Nachteile: Sometimes rearranging rows can be a bit cumbersome if have a lot to do but it not hard. It would not stop me from recommending the product.

Efficient, Versatile, User-friendly Solution

Bewertet am 15.12.2016
Ginger E.
Program Planning
Kosmetik, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Shoflo is AMAZING and unbelievably versatile. We have been searching for a solution for our fully scripted, paper scripts that include staging, props, and ques. We have been able to consolidate many of our extremely time-consuming pre-production processes, and we are still discovering many additional solutions it will provide us. The customer support is exceptional! Because our needs are a little out of the ordinary, we discovered we needed additional functions/features, and they have already initiated many of them. Love it!

Vorteile: Very versatile and easy to use.

Nachteile: Our one con was that you are not able to export to a Word document, but they have added that need to their pipeline to address. Amazing!

World Outreach Church

Derric W.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have enjoyed using shoflo. It has made creating our services easier and also easier to keeping everyone on the same page with current updates. Special Events have really been better as to those shows have more changes and we get closer and this keeps everyone up to date.

Vorteile: All changes are real time to everyone. Don't have to keep up with revisions.

Nachteile: Would like to see better adaptation to real-time timing. If something went short or long, a way to see how that affects the rest of the show.

Great tool for planning productions

Andrew T.
Media Team Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The team at Shoflo has been very helpful all the way through the process of testing, sales and implementation. They respond very quickly to questions, and are very knowledgeable about their product. The software itself is actually quite simple to use. Our favorite part of it is the ability to add personal notes for each item in the run. We have started with a very simple implementation and have been slowly adding more to each event as we all become more familiar with the software. The ability for volunteers (our guest pass users) to see all updates as they happen (the guest pass is an active link to the event) is also very helpful.

Vorteile: Ease of use. Customer support has been outstanding.

Nachteile: No app for mobile devices.

ShoFlo a must for large events

Mark N.
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have utilized ShoFlo on numerous events over the years and have enjoyed watching ShoFlo grow and develop. We use it on a wide range of shows from small single day, single room events with 100 attendees to multi-room, multi-day events for thousands of attendees. No show is too big or small for the organization ShoFlo provides for us. As ShoFlo has developed, the ShoFlo team has been very open to suggestions for improvement and quick to implement changes to help make our shows a success. It is this wonderful support that truly makes a great product.

Vorteile: The flexibility of user display preferences and individual notes.

Nachteile: No one particular thing stands out. Typically our biggest issue is when updates are being made the product when we don't expect them and are in the middle of events.

Couldn't imagine doing it without Shoflo

Will C.
Chief Event Einstein
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: So Shoflo isn't for everyone but if you're doing a heavy cue by cue run down for your events, you need this software. We have done shows with Thousands of cues and the system just does not miss a beat. It makes it easy for us and our clients organize our thoughts around what needs to happen and when. Plus the team and support are amazing. We wouldn't be able to put on the events we do without it.

Vorteile: Easy to use
Syncs across multiple devices
Really easy to read

Nachteile: No user management for single files or Shoflos (for example, I don't wany my client to see all of my internal documents) however I've been promised it's coming

The live lfeline

Aaron S.
Production Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen

Kommentare: We use Shoflo as our show calling software at my church. The ability it has given us to be able to make changes on the fly that update immediately over all of our machines is truly invaluable! I don't know what we would do without it!

Vorteile: real time live updates across all machine

Nachteile: You can't change colin sizes without changing it across the entire platform. would like column size changes to be machine specific not program-wide.

Great Tool to Keep Everyone on the Same Page

Amanda A.
Conference & Events Consultant

Kommentare: As a conference consultant I am often called upon to manage many complex general sessions, meal presentations, and other events. In addition to the complexity of the events themselves, there are always many different stakeholders involved. Using Shoflo allows me to give the correct level of access to each individual and allows everyone to be informed. It has cut down on anxious questions and my phone ringing in mid-show since everyone knows what is going to happen next. I really couldn't imagine doing a show without Shoflo!

Where have you been all of my life?

Randy B.
Licensee
Eventservice, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've produced everything from a live television show to a large church Christmas concert to a major TEDx event. I can't begin to tell you how many sheets of paper I've gone through reprinting, writing on and otherwise trying to run a complex show using spreadsheets, word documents, PowerPoints, etc. I discovered Shoflo at a TEDx event I was visiting and implemented it the next week for TEDxLincoln. At our latest event, we had crew and coordinators running all over the building, constantly in touch with what was coming up using Shoflo on laptops, tablets, and phones. And, what's more, when I have a question, the folks at Shoflo are there to help.

Vorteile: easy to setup and use

Nachteile: can't think of anything right now

best show planning software I've used for the past three years

Bewertet am 7.6.2017
Brittani A.
Event Production manager

Vorteile: The agenda is easy to update and my team can stay informed on the go even with having a guest link to view the agenda.

Nachteile: I wish it was set up with a monthly subscription payment like dropbox with different levels if subscription.

Absolute must for any serious events!

Juha L.
Partner, Event Producer
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If you are a serious event tech professional, you don't know how you have lived and made events before this. No more excel's and papers cue sheets, this had made our Nordic Business Forum production even more solid and execution more perfect. A must buy!

Vorteile: Their killer main feature is to replace paper cue sheets. It works and delivers and that! All Team can edit and different People can fill in their sections of responsibility independently.

Nachteile: Many of the little details and functions need an insight, or someone how has Used the software before.

Beginning our adventure but loving so far

Steph C.
Event Producer
Eventservice, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We're just starting to explore and use ShoFlo for our events, and are still testing out the waters. So far we've had a great experience in terms of ease of use, flexibility and great customer service. Our rep is always available for troubleshooting, questions, and takes our feedback from what we're really looking for in this program. While we notice some hiccups in terms of use in this beginning phase, we continue to find other workarounds and look forward to seeing what program updates are to come.

Vorteile: Organization, color coding, tracking, show caller, multiple users/collaboration,

Nachteile: Crew names are synced with other companies, there's not a dedicated address book per client. Image use in the Showflo could be less bulky of a process while adding images. We'd love to see this as an app that can pull data rather than always needing a wifi connection. And a way to edit with a stylus/handwritten notes, rather than always needing a keyboard.

Everything you'd want in a ROS!

Bewertet am 9.5.2018
Tyler S.
Pm

Vorteile: The ability to have live updates across everyone's desk is really a game changer. In live events things change minute by minute and being able to make those edits for everyone all at once is amazing

Nachteile: There isn't a whole lot of negative about this product! The only downside is you need everyone to have an iPad or spare computer at their station which some don't have or don't want to use their personal

Take the stress out of your events!

Melanie P.
Event Manager
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use shoflo for every event, whether or not someone is calling it live or not. Real-time production notes will save your bacon. One place for all the info will also save your bacon. Incredibly helpful and intuitive!

Vorteile: Highly intuitive.

Nachteile: Account info can be difficult to change.

Shoflo has streamlined our run of show experience!

Bewertet am 6.1.2017
Brian V.

Kommentare: We've been using Shoflo for almost a year now and have been tremendously happy with the results. Prior to using Shoflo we were on several platforms with software, spreadsheets and paper everywhere. After implementing Shoflo we now have one singular location for all of our day of show and run of show needs. The ability to add easily manage everything in one place and with great flexibility has really improved the experience for my organization, but also with those outside vendors and companies we work with. Our last multi-vendor/artist event ran exactly on schedule and that was a first for us in 5 years. Also, the Shoflo team has really been willing to consider ideas and super quick to send us info back.

Saves Time, Paper, and Money

Matthew F.

Kommentare: Shoflo has been essential to saving us time and money. The fact that it is real time saves us tons of time by not re-printing paper cue sheets. Technicians love it because they can have their own notes within the cue sheet that is visible only by them. We all love the show caller feature which ensures nobody gets lost or confused about which cue we are on in the show. My favorite part about Shoflo as the team leader is the crew permissions which allows me to control who can change what in the cue sheet. They are continually improving their product to make it better for us users. Highly recommend Shoflo. Very helpful and fast customer service.

ShoFlo Is Legit

Bewertet am 15.12.2018
Associate Athletic Director of Marketing and Fan Engagement
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Archiving of games, ease of updating future events.

Nachteile: I would love to see a more robust PA announcer screen/options.

Great Customer Support

Melissa N.

Kommentare: We had a conference to run with 2 main presenters who had LOTS of slides. They were presenting off a 75 ft screen, so on top of the fact that we had close to 100 slides and video content, each slide was ginormous. We ran into some previewing issues with Shoflo and got in touch with customer support right away. They were extremely quick to respond and quickly found a hack to help us out. This was our first conference (go big or go home), and at the end of the day, our professional show caller told us we did amazingly well for a pretty elaborate production. Shoflo definitely helped us get there!

ShoFlo makes it easy

Bewertet am 18.12.2016
Jacquie L.

Kommentare: I use ShoFlo for my biggest project of the year and am currently using most of the features. I produce 5 days of live television every year in Barcelona. We used ShoFlo for the first time in 2016 and it completely streamlined our broadcast schedule. This year, we're using the online docs and all scheduling will live on the platform. ShoFlo makes producing in a stressful environment more efficient and easy.