Über ArcSite

Empirische Datenerfassung leicht gemacht. Zeichnen, markieren, präzise und klar zusammenarbeiten. Alles ist sehr einfach zu bedienen.

Erfahre mehr über ArcSite

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie ArcSite bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Michael T.
Michael T.
Integration Account Manager in USA

Very useful for site survey information, I use almost every day!

Kommentare: Accuracy of information going to design engineer has doubled... it's been very helpful to help customers visualize the end product as well.

It is very simple, and easy to use. Custom objects is immensly helpful. I love the ability to import a photo, calibrate, and then measure distances from there-- I can now grab a quick snap of a building fire-plan or paper construction plans, etc. and do most measurements on the spot without having to individually measure off things. And if I've forgotten to measure something, I can still get that number after I get back to the office. It's also useful on the sales end to help give customer a quick layout of what they are getting or work to be done.

Mult it out over several people, and it's pricey for each subscription. The ability to do ellipsoids and not just circles would make perspective a little simpler to do. Right now, you have to do a bunch of arcs which is very cumbersome.

Antwort von Arctuition

Hi Michael, Thanks for the review. Glad you are getting value out of the tool. Thanks for the con list too, we always want to know how to do better. Regards, Patrick

Lisa P.
Owner in Kanada
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Arcsite pros and cons

Kommentare: overall I like this program, the mobility aspect is very needed in my business and it creates a professional look for us to be able to send professional shop drawings to clients, as well as, auto cad compatible drawings for commercial projects and the drawings can be done up in just minutes in some cases

My favourite thing about this software is that you can use it on your I-pad- a lot of times I am using this software to do up a "shop drawing" right on site or pull up the drawing in the shop so the fact that I can be mobile is very important in my business. The app itself is fairly simple to use for the average person and great to be able to do up a drawing in auto cad so simply.

I don't like that; if you have a closed shape (square, hexagon, rectangle, etc) and you modify one side- it can change multiple other lines or every line, so you have to be very careful to double check each line after changing one. I also dont like the "angles" portion- it is very difficult to put in a drawing with a rounded ended object- you have to re-draw multiple times to get it right. Also for particular angles- it can be tricky to get 2 identical, opposite angles

Lawrence D.
Business owner in USA
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Still a good value, but unresolved bugs have us checking alternatives again

Kommentare: I have previously reviewed Arcsite on Capterra, but am removing stars based on our recent experience. At this overall performance level and price point, the app is a good, but no longer compelling value.

This is an excellent app designed primarily for field diagramming. With it, we are able to create building diagrams quickly for our building inspection reports. In-app draining controls are well thought out to quickly layout and then fine tune as needed, with advanced controls. It exports to pdf, dwg, png and other formats and offers cloud backups too. A perfect marriage between this app and an iPad/pencil. We have used it create hundreds of building diagrams over the last two years. The main app engineer is rolling out new features consistently.

We use iPad pros Wifi+ cellular on AT&T for diagramming and bugs that have continued unresolved for months have caused us to start re-considering alternatives. For example, swiping between apps causes the drawing to window to zoom out to the point where the diagram is only a pixel on the screen. Sometimes the entire app goes to a blank white screen, then reverts to the projects list, forcing us to re-open the active drawing. Snapping to grid is a basic function, but when reviewing drawings closely, lines that were supposed to have snapped to the grid are actually only next to the grid lines and not accurately placed. We have to zoom in quite far to correct. With more complex drawings, containing over 70 elements or so, the app bogs down significantly and crashes, even though we think it should be able to easily handle more complex drawings than we use it for. The monthly fees are significant at the small business level. As of today, $360/year and $720/year for cross-device sync capability. AutoCAD LT, which is close in capability, costs $390/year and includes both desktop and mobile apps for iOS. Although support was responsive before, our support requests have not been answered the last two times we've asked for help. The answer has been that they are unable to duplicate the issue we see. However, on our end, the bugs persist through iOS updates, app updates, and on multiple devices.

Jonathan W.
Owner / Energy Consultant in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Feature expansion

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: See comments above - the software is excellent overall - it just needs some tweaks. Feel free to contact me if you want to talk about additional feedback. Jonathan - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Creating shapes, accuracy, easy to learn, etc..

Full feature often doesn’t work — if you have one tiny disconnected line in a shape, the color will fill everything around it. Could you make a seal shape button? You should be able to create sub shape folder in your creative shapes. For example: tables, chairs, plants, etc... add more colors or hue adjustments like a color wheel to colors. Add sub category folders to projects — differentiate types of projects. Add Bosch laser measure to Bluetooth and make it seamless — measure 2-3x and allow each to override previous — Bosch has free software for this but the UI the is terrible. Allow custom shape library to be shared for free! No additional cost for up to 3 users. Add 3D option- make it simple

Jason T.
Designer in UK
Lagerung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Quick & Easy to use

Kommentare: Excellent

Speed of results and ease to get things drawn accurately.

No much to say for this 99% perfect, slight issue with moving some blocks when they are very small zooming in / out.

Hardel E.
interior designer in Frankreich
Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig

eddy hardel point of view on Arcsite

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: it's a good product, very simple for take measures on worksite, perfect for begin layout... or transfer to Cad application... there is a lot advantage directly inside it.

parametric design in the library, functional and easy to use, good looking interface

telemeter laser are not simply to use with it.. and polygonal lines are not easy to use, there is a problem when you point to longer on the screen, the line change to a curve.... you have to cancelled it for continue..

Josh W.
General Foreman in USA
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

I have been using Arcsite for about 3 years to manage all our drawings.

Kommentare: Ease of use. Multiple users can edit at the same time.

The ability for multiple people to share and merge drawings. We can have three or four people at a time on one drawing changing things and when you upload they merge seemlessly. Occasionally they will fail to merge but that occurs very rarely. It takes about 5 minutes with the app to be able to functional use it. I do admit I don't know all the features but I don't have a need for them with how we use the app.

Once in a while drawings will fail to upload correctly. When have had situations in the past where you have edited a drawing for 30 minutes and attempt to upload. Come back 20 minutes later and find out not only did it fail to upload but reverted back to your unedited drawing. I believe this issue has been addressed, as it hasn't happened in awhile. Also, be careful when you are in a area with a poor cell signal or internet connection. This can slow everything down significantly.

Haydn O.
Web Developer in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Professional Custom Bids!

Kommentare: ArcSite has given us the ability to create beautiful, quality, custom bids for the work we do on our customers home that is unparalleled. The amount of professionalism detail in our bids has increased our closing rate. We love arcsite!

ArcSite is very easy to use. We had our inspectors trained on how to use it within one day. The different features and the ease of creating custom, quality, and highly detailed graphs to match our customers home have been amazing.

All in all we have no real complaints. ArcSite gives us the ability to do just about everything we need to. The only improvement that we would love is to have each project automatically upload to the cloud vs having to send it there yourself, but that is being nitpicky.

Sarah W.
Sarah W.
Insurance Inspector and Underwriter in USA
Versicherung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

ArcSite is a great tool for property inspections!

Kommentare: This software has been a great tool for us in home insurance inspections! We start with an aerial photo from Google Maps and are able to incorporate drawings and photos to effectively tell the story of the property.

The best part about this software is the customer support. The drawing features are very easy to use.

The only flaw I have found is that when you have the program do square footage measurements for you, it is not always accurate. It is close, but it's best to double check the work.

Markus C.
Manager in Hongkong
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

User experience of arcsite

Kommentare: Good experience for changing to paperless and can file all draft drawing in computer for easy review.

I like most is to take photos as annotation in the drawing so that I can easily relate the photos to the photo location.

1) Not all photos in arcsite can be found in ipad Photo app. 2) No slide bar for scale up and scale up the drawing. I wear gloves so that I need to remove the glove when I need to change the drawing scale.

Mark R.
Sales manager in USA
Metallabbau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Intuitive drawing software

Kommentare: Extremely satisfied customer. Accurate and timely drawings to clients allow me to do more with my time. Platform makes it easy to create and deliver quality, professional drawings to clients and share with co-workers.

Intuitive drawing software. Arcsite allows me to create custom drawings to scale for our clients. The drawings help customers gain comfort in how the product will look and perform. I can easily make adjustments/ updates to the drawings. I was able to upload our proposal forms to Arcsite and add the drawings to forms. It gets easier over time to use. I am able to create and store shapes that can be used again and again on different drawings. I can copy similar drawings and make quick adjustments. Being able to store drawings over time and reference them as needed is a huge feature for me. Also, sharing drawings could not be easier -- you can export in different formats with one click. We share drawings internally, clear detail has helped with company communication. Support was very timely, particularly in the beginning to ensure I got off to a good start. The rep got back to me quickly with answers to questions and also provided suggestions to improve efficiency on Arcsite. Updates are made that improve my ability to deliver professional and accurate drawings to the client. Extremely satisfied customer, I use Arcsite everyday.

Perhaps in the beginning I might have had something to note here -- but I honestly don't have any cons. Patience and spending time on Arcsite makes the next visit a little easier.

Antwort von Arctuition

Hi Mark, Thanks for the nice review. We have some great new stuff coming. I will reach out. Patrick

David C.
N/A in USA
Bau, Selbstständig

CAD for non-CAD users

Extremely precise but also extremely easy to use. Quick sketches to convey a concept or verify a solution are a breeze to create. I love that this tool isn't burdened by all the baggage inherent in pro-quality CAD tools. This tool opened up an opportunity for exploring solutions to problems I'd encounter as a project manager for residential construction projects. I was able to develop more fully a previously untapped vein of creativity that I probably wouldn't have discovered or utilized otherwise.

Two issues: Integration & 3D I really wish it could integrate more tightly with other tools. The developers seem to believe the tool is positioned in the context of managing a collection of construction drawings - along the lines of products like PlanGrid. Maybe it meets that need for some users, but it doesn't begin to meet the requirements of that category in my opinion. I use PlanGrid everyday and would LOVE for Arcsite to be able to layer on top of the PlanGrid document library -- justlike RFIs or Photos, or Issues. If they could bring the same level of simplicity and precision to drawing in 3D, bridging between 2D and 3D. I've started using Shapr3D for iPad which is a brilliant app for drawing in 3D. But like most CAD tools, it assumes the user is already well-versed in the underlying techniques & concepts. (not to mention it's more geared for drawing things that will be fabricated or 3D printed). I long for a 3D solution that is as easy as ArcSite but as powerful as Shapr3D.

John H.
Surveyor in UK
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Leagues ahead of anything else I used

Kommentare: Going into customer meetings for new fire and security systems with no drawings has always been a challenge. Using pen and paper was our only option. Trying other "drawing apps", I found them to be very limited in what they offered.
However, with Arcsite, this blew the competition out of the water in terms of shear versatility and functionality. I was able to create drawings either from importing PDFs, taking a photo, or even drawing them myself. The integration and support offered by Arcsite really enabled us to integrate our own fire and security device symbols into the app to allow me to effectively mark up drawings with devices whilst walking site, thus saving lots of time.
The addition of allowing embedded photos into the drawings is a massive help, as it really allows for additional information to be captured which often is too difficult to just put into words.

I love how versatile the software is on my ipad in that i can import drawings, take a photo to use as a drawing, or even draw out a building layout from scratch. It really has I believe set us apart from competition and has wowed customers

How when file sizes get larger than around 500kb, the app beings to struggle and becomes sluggish

Antwort von Arctuition

Hi John, Thanks for the review. I will reach out to you to make sure you are aware of a few things to make the tool more performant. Thanks, Patrick

Alexis G.
Measurer in USA

Love the App and the Support

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We are way more efficient with the use of this app. We are more accurate, faster and efficient with our time.

We were using a very common app that often times would crash losing our work and when we would call for support, there was no help. It was very frustrating. I began the search for a new app and found ArcSite who was up and coming. Even though it is used for many other professions, I am able to use it for my particular small business. When I called them to inquire, they were very quick to respond, walked me through the best way to use the app, listed to me when I asked for new functions, and even after 2 years, if I have a problem, they are super quick to respond. They do not care that I am a small business, and treat me like I am a very large company. My team is so much happier and work is more efficient with this app, and they have the best customer service!

Since we are using this app for something that it may not really be intended for, there are some things that I wish we could do on it so that we could finish out our product 100% in ArcSite, but I feel like maybe in the future they will continue to develop it and we may see that opportunity.

Vice President in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen

ArcSite makes PDF functionality in several ways possible in Mobile environment

Kommentare: Time savings and ease of sharing plans through a mobile device. The software allows for communication of drawings in real-time which can save time and money but also ease frustrations of work or verbal communication. A drawing is worth a thousand words...

ArcSite handles PDF mobile cad drawings possible in an elegant manner. The tool makes possible creation, editing, redlining of CAD quality drawings and integrates photos in an exceptional manner. The ability to embed photos has been challenging in the past with software on ios where photos and app were somewhat disconnected. ArcSite solves this. High resolution drawings and detail is also possible with quality by controlling line types, colors and other features. The finished product achieved with ArcSite is great quality.

Project folders lack functionality of saving either in a higher order, ie. folder within folder. Folder or file commenting would be handy for communicating with cohorts, ie. leaving a description of the folder (project). Hiding projects or archiving has been a great feature, expanding on that functionality in some way would be beneficial. Downloading projects is great, or downloading selected PDFs in a bulk manner from IOS would be a good addition.

Matthew F.
Appraiser in USA
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent drawing software for floorplans and building sketches.

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I enjoyed using the software, and I would love to continue using it. However, the costs were a hurdle that made it hard to justify compared to other sketching software.

I really enjoyed using this software on the iPad and drawing building sketches in the field. The ability to change dimensions and have the software automatically adjust other walls at the same time was great. The software was intuitive and easy to use.

To be honest, the things I didn't like at first were addressed in updates after I sent feedback to support. The cost of the software for what I use it for is still a big hurdle. It is pricey. I don't know if there is an option for an appraiser level package, but I would consider a hybrid package that offers the basic basic package plus a couple of extras for like $15 (annual billing level). I would like the ability to sketch on pdf and would need to access the drawings from my pc. I don't need everything that the Draw+ package offers, but I need a few more options than what is offered in the basic package. The jump from the basic to the plus package makes it infeasible for my firm to consider. Currently, we use Apex Sketch for our work, and it is a stand alone license that makes the cost much more feasible.

Bradford A.
President in USA
Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig

ArcSite is one of the best iPad drafting packages available

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: ArcSite has been a wonderful tool for me while performing site visits dealing with renovations and in doing structural evaluations that require a lot of photo documentation. It has become one of my primary note taking tools while in the field and with a few improvements, it has the potential to become the only note taking tool I would need.

The ability to take a picture, comment on the picture, place it on the drawing at the location, and then generate an indexed photo contact sheet linked to the floor plan drawing sold me on the utility of this for doing structural evaluation reports. This has saved me a lot of time back in the office when compiling reports. The drawing functions are also some of the best implemented of any iPad app I've used and has allowed to actually prepare a usable CAD file in the field.

The drawing of items itself can be a little finicky, especially when you are just starting out. Sometimes when you adjust a dimension of a wall, it does not behave as expected. You have to pay attention to the dimensions around the wall in question to make sure they don't change in an unexpected way. Also, placing predefined blocks in the drawing can be challenging if you need them to snap to a specific point. It's also a little pricey (equal to an AutoCAD LT subscription), but if you do a lot of field work, it does pay for itself.

Lighting Field Engineer/Techician in USA

Excellent for our business and our lives. Wonderful customer support too!

Kommentare: Both business and life benefits. I use this for work and I use this for home building projects.

There are two things that I like most about this software: 1. The customization that we have experienced by paying for development has been off the charts. We are able to customize the product we offer to our customers as a result of this. We've never known of an app that does this. 2. The customer support we receive if there are ever any glitches or data loss is astounding. They are fast, professional, friendly, and above all, extremely competent at what they do.

I wish there was a way to do a wide spread search of every shape that has a photo in it. When you've placed multiple shapes, it's tough to remember which one you took the pictures in.

Kenny D.
President in USA

Great app for our use

4 letztes Jahr

Very easy to learn and customize for different industries. Drawing up and laying out foundation repair plans is quick and easy now. We can do it onsite in real time and our managers can actually review and approve repair plans remotely while our estimators are at site locations. Arcsite has dramatically increased our accuracy on estimating projects. Being able to review proposals while estimators are onsite has reduced our repeat visits to provide estimates. This has definitely saved money and increased efficiency for us.

It would be nice to have direct access to the data in the database fields to creat custom reports. The app is getting better and this may hopefully be available in the future.

Brian G.
Bau, Selbstständig

Best thing since sliced bread

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I was a hard sell to select this software. We spoke on the phone several times before I signed up. After I signed up I spoke to the support team several times to get ArcSite dialed in for my use. It has been fun to seen many of my requests and recommendations being implemented. ArcSite has been amazing. I have not only used it for my consulting business, but also to design a set for Frozen Jr., designed a display platform for the Lego Hogwarts castle, and am currently creating a detailed map of a friends property.

1, Ease and speed of functionality. I instantly reduced my work time on a job site from 90 minutes to 15 minutes. 2, Ever increasing functionality. In the last 9 months the improvements, small and large, have been numerous and practical. 3, Adaptability. My usage is for an area ArcSite never anticipated. This has not created any issues, In fact it has allowed me to create a distinct, practical and fun platform.

The only "complaint" I have is the inability to create a custom line type beyond the established solid and dashed lines.

Marvin A.
Sales in USA
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

This has made my measuring on site very helpful and keeps things organized

Kommentare: more organization and cleaner drawings witch improves communications and understanding in the job.

I like the simplicity of the program. I love that you can add photos and place measurements on the photos or pdf drawings.

I wish that there were more items in the list for my profession. I would like more cabinet options I also wish that everything didn't load into their own page. It would be nice when you uploaded a file it came back as one file not each page a separate file.

Antwort von Arctuition

Hi Marvin, Just saw your review here. Glad to hear you are getting value out of it. I will reach out to you folks in mass, as it appears there are similar enhancement requests. We really do appreciate the feedback/insight. Regards, Patrick

Lonny H.
Director of Theatre in USA
Darstellende Künste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great product. Great Power. Good flexibility

5 letztes Jahr

What a powerfully intuitive tool. I am not the typical user as I am a classroom theatre teacher. I have a background in scenic design and worked with AutoCad and other products in my training. I have no use for those monster programs, but this is absolutely so easy to knock out the plans and quick sketches that I use daily. I find it easier to conduct my day to day drafting needs without all the fuss of some of the programs that have all those bells and whistles. It gets to the point and is intuitive enough to start easily. A beginner can feel empowered and a person with tons of experience with other CAD experience will find that it is flexible enough for most of their day to day needs. Drawings are easily exported and it aids in communication down the line.

The price is my my biggest issue. As a teacher and a single user, it is a bit prohibitive. The basics are great, but if I would like to play with some of the other features in the higher priced packages, those are definitely out of my league.

Jonathan R.
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good for the money

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, this has been a great tool for onsite wok. I have also been able to draft quick, and simple ideas for clients to see potential changes by “erasing” parts of the underlying pdf through the use of shapes and showing that what could be different.

Easy import and calibration of drawings as long as there is an existing PDF. Ease of measuring and entering simple plan information. I use this instead of a paper plan on many sites when laying out projects (Landscape Architecture). It has become a go-to, especially for larger projects as I can upload all the layout drawings and construction details for quick reference on the job site. Also nice to create quick shop drawings onsite and easily create pdf with dimensions.

Inability to write DWG files directly into ArcSite. It could be an easier transition from design to ArcSite if the app had the ability to create a usable file directly from a DWG. Also, occasional crash issue when using custom symbols created in the app. I would be great to be able to isolate a “piece” of the pdf and cut, copy and paste into another drawing within the same or different project files.

Jon O.
Business development in Kanada
Baumaterial, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great product with ease of use

Kommentare: ArcSite has been my main app for staircase take off and will remain so. Customer service is more than helpful and provides great support.

Export to CAD files and PDF, ease of calibration on plans, excellent customer support and regular updates with new features

The fact that I have 3 tools using this software by me, logs me out since I only have 1 licence. Depending on need, I may use one of my 2 iPads or my iPhone. It would be great if we could stay logged in all tools.

Antwort von Arctuition

Hi Jon, Thanks for the review and the feedback. Sorry for the frustration. I will share this with the team. Patrick

Peter S.
Owner/ Managing Director in USA
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best and Simple Design Software

5 letztes Jahr

This software is: 1. Easy to Learn 2. Affordable to use 3. Looks Professional 4. Great Customer Service 5. Fast to complete I would highly recommend to any contractor that needs to make there own simple designs that want them to look better than graph paper sketches.

I wish the designs would automatically upload to the cloud and that we did not have to do that ourselves