Filtern nach:

Melanie E.
Melanie E.
Founder in USA

One of the Better Keyword Tools I Make Regular Use Of

Kommentare: In terms of helping to give SEO clients an edge it's a great tool, and its lead gen capabilities are excellent as well. It's a 'stay in the toolbox' software when I have trialed and tried out many more that have long since been retired.

The volume of information that can gathered. Not only can you track competitor keywords but it's an excellent prospecting tool for lead gen, which is a lesser known aspect of the software. The relative ease of use is another bonus, the reports and dashboards are a lot clearer and easier to use than many of the other SEO tools I use/have used.

It's a bit pricey, but it has proved itself in terms of ROI from both improved SERPS positioning and lead generation. Customer service could be a little better too.

Antwort von SpyFu

Thanks for taking time to share a review, Melanie! I hope we can wow you in the future should you need any customer support. We're available via live chat on our site and email, with Facebook messages, and Twitter giving an assist. We love to hear that you're getting a lot out of the tool. Right on!

Fernando adrian O.
Fernando adrian O.
systems engineer in USA
Internet, Selbstständig

Good tool but needs a little more

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: It's a good tool, but for my specific needs I couldn't replace SEMRush

It is a good tool, it has what you need to do a good research on competencies and search for keywords. and it is much cheaper than most tools.

The reports in the basic version are quite limited.

vor 12 Monaten

Thank you for sharing your review, Fernando! Glad to hear that we have become part of your keyword research toolset.

Digital Operations Manager in USA
Gewerbeimmobilien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Lots of broken features

3 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I have had a negative experience and will not be using SpyFu in the future.

More affordable than its competitors, Spyfu is the poor man's SEMrush. I think they use the SEMrush API--so its literally the same thing.

Lots of features that were promised in the demo video were outright lies. Link importing doesn't work, finding contacts doesn't work or hasn't worked yet for me.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. I'm sorry that your experience was below par. I noticed that you had used the free version of the tool. We do not have a free trial like what you come to expect from other tools. Instead we offer unending free access with limits on the results. Anyone can use it for as long as they'd like. I wonder if that limited version kept you from accessing the premium features that you wanted to see?

Joel O.
Joel O.
Customer Care / training Manager in Nigeria
Logistik & Lieferkette, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The Tool Puts Your Team In Vantage Position In The Market

Kommentare: Spyfu is a lifesaver to my organization in that it has put us a step ahead of our major rivals in the market space. My organisation marketing budget is now lower because of the precision target view advantage that Spyfu has given us over time.

I like the great insight that Spyfu has given my organisation in taking a deep peek at what our competitors are up to. The success rate of our marketing campaigns has increased greatly since we started using Spyfu.

Spyfu is a bit tasking when it comes to understanding totally how it functions. I had to conduct training before my team could start to use it.

vor 2 Monaten

Cheers to your team for cutting costs brilliantly while getting ahead of your major rivals. Thank you for taking the time to share a review of SpyFu!

Lorenzo V.
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Great PPC Research

Kommentare: I was excited using this software. Alarmist made me want to focus on building PPC campaigns instead of websites.

I couldn’t believe the amount of great keywords I was finding and ease of use inside of their system.

I just couldn’t afford the $100/month although if I was a dedicated PPC management company it would be a no brainer.

vor 2 Monaten

Thank you for writing a review of SpyFu! I'm glad you were able to find so much during your time using the tool. If you'd like to come back, ask us about the $39/month basic plan that might help. Similarly, you can still use SpyFu for free anytime for as long as you'd like. Our free version has limited results but lets you continue to find some helpful keywords.

Kevin B.
CEO in USA

Love them (only using free version)

Kommentare: It helps me analyze our own site's SEO and PPC as well as our competitors super easily!

I don't use them to spy on competition, I use them to also gauge how I'm doing too. I only use the free version but their dashboard and tools are so simple and insightful regardless!

I only didn't like how costly it is, I won't be using this for the premium options, only the free options are good enough.

vor 7 Monaten

Thanks for the great review, Kevin! We're happy to hear that you're getting so much out of the free version. It's been helping thousands of search marketers for years--with no time cut off. Continued success to you!

James R.
James R.
Digital Marketing Manager in USA

Best research tool for PPC out there!

Kommentare: Positive overall. My favorite tool is the PPC reasearch section and the organic keywords that are about to break onto the 1st page reports. I once reached out to support with a question and they noticed I was local to their office and invited me to come to a party they were hosting! Awesome company!

This is my GO TO tool for PPC research and analytics on ourselves and our competitors. It even competes with SEMrush in other areas like organic and SEO analytics. Really cool company with a really powerful product.

It can be a little pricey for the paid account, but it's totally worth it. Sometimes the PPC competitive data is substantially off - never have known why, but you just compensate for it and it's fine.

vor 2 Monaten

We're glad to be a part of your PPC research. We appreciate all of your feedback. It's helpful to hear from customers about what's working well and what can improve. Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to write a review!

Demand Generation Manager in USA
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Our go to for SEO & PPC

Kommentare: Personally I think a tool like SpyFu is a must have to for PPC and SEO. Its unique advantage is that it allows you to compare how you're doing to competitors. This is something we check rather often to make sure that we're doing what we can to stand out.

Great tool for competitive research and keyword research. It lets us know how we're doing in comparison to our competitors. Also, when we're planning for new keywords, we always plug them in here to help determine the search volume and relevance. The tool is also rather inexpensive and provides us with a lot of value. We also got to see competitor ad copy, which helped us remain competitive.

The interface took some getting used to in the beginning. There was a rather steep learning curve when we first started using the platform so make sure to do your research to ensure you're using it correctly!

vor 2 Monaten

Thank you for sharing your experience using SpyFu! It sounds like you covered a lot of ground with many different features. Also we have added on-page help (tutorials, glossary, videos, tours) to help users get up to speed across the site. I hope that helps for future tools.

Marketing Analyst in USA

The Best Way to Spy on Competitors

Kommentare: Competitor research. It reveals golden advertisements and backlinks.

The best keyword analysis platform on the market. Interface is clean and intuitive. Allows me to find my competition's golden links.

My biggest concern? If the competition starts spying on me with it, my secrets will be revealed. It's kind of like an SEO nuclear weapon...super powerful, but you only want it in your hands.

vor 2 Monaten

Wow! Those are incredible words. We're thrilled to be on the receiving end of them. We are happy to hear that you're getting great insights from our platform. Thank you for sharing your review!

Jennie Z.
Jennie Z.
Marketing Manager in USA
Internet, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great way to compare your ads and keywords with competitors

Kommentare: With Spyfu, we are able to see how much our competitors are spending and the ads they're running, uncovering weak points that we were unaware of before.

-Knowing how our competitors are dominating, whether it be organic or SEO -finding inspiration from competitors' keywords and ads

It-Sometimes hard to understand and sparse through data -I wish they would narrow down the features to what is most important

vor 2 Monaten

We're happy to see how much you're getting out of competitive research. Thank you for sharing your feedback about understanding the data. We are working on continually improving the features so that they put out the most actionable info first. We're also loading tutorials onto the page to help speed up understanding. We appreciate hearing about whether or not we're on the right track. Thank you for taking the time to share a review of SpyFu!

Michael B.
Michael B.
CEO in USA

SpyFu - Great for SEO's Slightly Less Great for PPC's.

Kommentare: Generally speaking, SpyFu has been great, it's a powerful tool, and often you'll run into clients who require this level of analysis both organically, and paid. I've come back time and time again over the last 10 years or so.

The UI is easy to navigate, and lots of ways to continue your search via finding more competitors, and looking at their competitors and so on. On the SEO side, this software is fairly indespensible, though it has competitors which do similar things at different price points. SpyFu however has been my go-to for many years, and having tested many of the competing products, especially during darker times for SEO many years ago, SpyFu did a quick job of staying current, which is one of the most important things for software like this. When there's changes to algorithms, or how we gather data, who's the most reliable source to get you that info? SpyFu has been that for me.

Generally the cost is prohibitive. More PPC level insights would be useful, but really they're working off whatever data they can get access to, and do a fairly good job of it. The only downside is many of the old Landing pages are not cached or visualized so when you click on the link to view the competitor's page, it doesnt exist more often than not. This feels like a huge waste of time.

Giorgi G.
Giorgi G.
Lead Customer Care in Litauen
Tabak, Selbstständig

Full of actionable information for SEO!

Kommentare: Overall, this is a very good first-to-go-to tool when you start a project to see how the existing competitors are doing and then accordingly create the strategy. Though, not only for the starting project, but can also be used for existing project analysis. It helped with analyse to see the loopholes that were harming rankings lots of time.

This is the best SEO analysis tool out there when it comes to watching what's the SEO market's current situation to understand how to start optimizing your website for the best possible start. Before launching any website or project, SpyFu is one of the first tools I go to to analyze the competitors, where they spend money, how are their currenty rankings, what keywords they use or rank for, etc. I sometimes even use its backlinks checker of the competitors with Ahrefs and while cross checking it always gives the reliable data. What's more, the reporting section or the reports itself are very good. They are intuitive and very easy to understand, which makes it easy to present to third-party who doesn't understand much of SEO. Makes life easier!

A bit more flexibility on the data aggregation in reports would be good. Also, it would be awesome if the developers focused on the local research slightly more.

James P.
Founder in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great SEO tool for the price - gives you great data on competitors

Kommentare: I've been able to gain an edge over my competition by seeing what they're doing and what's working. I've also been able to build a list of negative keywords to avoid paying for needless clicks in my PPC campaigns.

I think this is one of the best SEO tools out there for competitive research. It gives you actionable data on what your competitors are doing online, including the keywords they're targeting. I've found that the data SpyFu gives you is fairly accurate and if you use it, it's fairly easy for it to pay for itself. I use it to find out who is bidding on what keywords and what they're doing with their paid campaigns. For example, if I find a company that has spent a ton of money on a particular keyword over a long period of time, I know it's profitable for them and it's worth checking out.

I'm not a fan of their lead generation tool because it doesn't filter out as many businesses as I'd like. I also think that they should offer better keyword ranking tools, such as segmenting based on search engine. For example, you might rank #1 in Bing for a certain keyword and #2 in Google. This would be helpful information to know so you can focus on the appropriate traffic source.

Founder in Pakistan

Competitor Analysis? No problemo

Kommentare: SpyFu provides you with tons of data about any website you enter. It all comes down to how you use that information to improve your website's ranking and SERPs. The tool itself is great.

I have been using SpyFu for years now. It is one of the best competitor analysis tools out there. I mainly use it to see for what keywords my competitors rank for and where they get their backlinks from. This is, however, just the basics. You can do a lot more with SpyFu. 1. Find keywords for PPC. See what keywords your competitor is targeting in a PPC campaign and what it is paying for those keywords. 2.AdWords analysis will give you an overview of any website's AdWords campaign and how it is going for them. 3. SERP analysis is another great area where SpyFu will help you identify keywords and SERP position of your competitors.

1. Most often, the data that SpyFu pulls is outdated. This is one area where they need to work. 2. You get to see PPC details of AdWords only. No Facebook, Bing, or other PPC networks.

Associate Marketing Consultant in USA

SpyFu Review

Kommentare: I use SpyFu on a daily basis as a consultant. This tool makes it easy to use whether the client has decided to purchase the full paid version or continue using the free version. It makes it very easy to improve a clients meta-data, investigate into their keywords or potential Adwords that would improve their paid ads or PPC, or analyze their competitors and improve their SEO overall.

SpyFu is a fantastic search analytics tool. One of my favorite things is the features that this analytics tool gives you in their free version. They for starters have a fantastic keyword search tool. It gives fantastic keyword analytics for competitors, adwords buys and comparisons to what purchases your competitors have made. It also gives great keyword groupings for a domain or a specific keyword or search phrase. SpyFu also gives great SEO tools that make it easy to optimize your website from the paid version, but also from the fantastic free version as well.

I personally have not encountered many issues with this software. I personally love the tools that it gives. The only con I personally have is their free version has some limitations but their paid version is well worth the investment.

Jake H.
Jake H.

A Necessity for Competitor Analysis

Kommentare: Our experience with SpyFu has been great. It's given us great insight into a potential client when prospecting them as well as helped us figure out where our clients sit compared to their competitors as well as national brands.

SpyFu is my go-to software for competitor analysis for my clients and myself. Sure other platforms have some similar abilities to SpyFu, but the way SpyFu outlines everything with graphs and figures makes determining the next course of action when it comes to keyword targeting.

As a small agency (two people), it's still a little out of our price range. With that being said, the 5 keyword ideas it gives us for each type of analysis don't give us much to go off of so we rely on the larger metric numbers such as average rank and costs-per-click. It's not a big deal as I'm sure we would have a lot more information to go off of if we subscribed to the product. We just can't see that happening right now.

Paolo M.
Einzelhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

See behind the current on your competitors

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: They are the leaders in competitor keyword analysis, very positive experience.

SpyFu allows you to see behind the current on your competitors. If you aren't using SpyFu someone is using it against you.

It is limited in terms of all its tools compared to SEMRush but it is still the best in terms of keyword analysis.

vor 2 Monaten

Thanks, Paolo, for sharing a review of SpyFu. Glad to hear you're getting great use out of the tools!

Subash B.
Subash B.
Co-Founder in Indien

Must Use Tool for SEO & PPC

Kommentare: Must Use Tool for PPC & SEO work

SpyFu provides great insight into keyword & competitor research, which are the building blocks of SEO & PPC. You can do keyword research for organic search - what is your competitor ranking for, what are their positions, how difficult is the keyword to rank for, etc. While on PPC keyword research you can figure out what keywords your competitors are targeting, what is the estimated ad spend, what is their ad copy, etc. This gives you a comprehensive idea of what the competition is doing & what their strategy is.

The biggest drawback of SpyFu and its competitors as well is that the data is not fully accurate - they are estimates and therefore cannot be relied upon in entirety. The data is more of a directional or order magnitude use - which still is vary useful to know especially when researching for PPC. The data sources for PPC is limited - like it covers only AdWords and not Yahoo & Bing - although the search share of these platforms are way smaller than Google - is still a gap that can be filled in.

Sharifah H.

Nothing Like Being Able to Spy on the Competition

Kommentare: I have a wonderful experience with SpyFu. It changed my life for the better.

With SpyFu I can see what my competition is doing and not have to recreate the wheel. SpyFu makes adding keywords and advertising campaigns a snap.

I really love this software. There are some in the industry that try to compete but this one is by far the best.

Hans p. H.
Hans p. H.
Performance Marketing Manager in USA

Some of the best marketing insights on competitors' websites out there!

SpyFu is ridiculously easy to use... Just plug in a competitor's domain, hit go, and get access to a treasure trove of competitive insights on your competitor's PPC, SEO, and back-linking efforts. My favorite feature of SpyFu is building keyword lists for PPC campaigns based on the keywords SpyFu sees competitors bidding on in real-time. For businesses in hyper-competitive online industries, this information can mean the difference between growing or going out of business.

Sometimes there isn't data available, which is frustrating. It seems like 20% of the time, SpyFu is making something up with organic keywords for competitor websites.

'rowdie' mitch G.
'rowdie' mitch G.
VP of Business Development in USA
11-50 Mitarbeiter

Amazing product, helps get valuable insights for a great price.

I really love the ability to quickly find information for ad campaigns while both sitting with prospective buyers, and for my team to use to optimize campaigns.

I have no cons about this product, does what it says it will do. Also the pricing is very reasonable for great campaigns & insights.

Bharath A.
Bharath A.
Director of Marketing in Indien

Excellent Tool for Competitor Analysis

I love the accuracy with which it shows the list of organic and paid keywords of my competitors. I also love the ad history feature where I can see the ad copies of my competitors. AsWords Advisor feature that recommends new keywords to bid for is also quite handy. Overall, it's an excellent tool to see what competitors are doing. Even while bidding for new keywords, it helps to see other ad copies that are working.

While the tool is great, it's not complete. I mean if you want to just sign up one tool for your marketing team, this won't be enough. You'll need another tool like SEMRush or ahrefs. Though their competitor research features are not as as good as SpyFu's, they have wider features like backlink audit, technical SEO audit etc.

Andy K.
Digital Marketing Manager in USA

Good Search Scraping Tool

Kommentare: I really like it as a competitor analysis tool and as a way to view general progress in terms of search presence.

I primarily used SpyFu to look at my own search presence and my competitors'. For that, it's pretty good as they scrape search results for a ton of keywords/queries. It was good from a benchmarking perspective to see where my site stacks up against the competition.

The challenge with these kinds of tools is that "keywords" are not search queries. It's impossible to really know what exactly people are searching for online and where your website will end up in the search results. There are a lot of assumptions built into the reporting.

Stacey B.
Marketing in USA

Great!

Kommentare: We use this regularly and it helps us to keep a good ides of how our company is doing in comparison.

Our company has been utilizing this site for some time now and is has been very helpful to have a good idea of comparison for other company's like us.

Randy j L.
Randy j L.
President in USA

Great SEO Tool Value

Kommentare: When I need something that I cannot find, their customer support is there. I've enjoyed using SpyFu over the past 3 years and will continue using is as one of my SEO and AdWord tools.

In comparison to other Ad and SEO tools, SpyFu offers a lot of great analytics. I like using it before taking on new clients to compare SEO and Ads. It also provides a great AdWords template to get started and the monthly reports and monitoring is good. Great value and tools!

I wish it offered more local business tooling but I've found work-arounds to get what I need before starting a new project.