Über SpyFu

Nicht verfügbar

The platform is able to pull quite a bit of data around competitors' adwords campaigns and can streamline competitive analysis for marketers.

I can pay for it once, use it extensively for analysis and than close the account. I don't see why I should keep it longer.

Bewertungen zu SpyFu

SpyFu hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 130 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du SpyFu bereits verwendet?

Hasan
Hasan
Marketer in Kanada

Essential tool for PPC campaigns

Kommentare: Keyword research and PPC info have been a real breeze as it allows you to spy on your competitors and makes it very easy to come up with initial keywords.

They've done a great job in making an affordable, effective tool. The amount of features you have access to, even without a premium subscription is mental. One of the best tools you can use, no matter if you're new to PPC campaigns, or if you have years of experience.

The data on some of the niche markets and low-volume keywords can be very limited. Other than that, there's not much to complain about.

vor 4 Monaten

Thank you for your kind words, Hasan! We love hearing about your experience with the free and paid tool, as well as your work in PPC research.

Fernando Adrian
Fernando Adrian
systems engineer in USA
Internet, Selbstständig

Good tool but needs a little more

Kommentare: It's a good tool, but for my specific needs I couldn't replace SEMRush

It is a good tool, it has what you need to do a good research on competencies and search for keywords. and it is much cheaper than most tools.

The reports in the basic version are quite limited.

Antwort von SpyFu

Thank you for sharing your review, Fernando! Glad to hear that we have become part of your keyword research toolset.

Kathy
Designer in Kanada
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Taking out the guesswork

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

I really enjoyed the transparency of the SEO and the straight forward access to backlink strategies. It has helped me so much when researching the market competitions. SpyFu was an essential asset for me when I first started my brand, and still very useful to this day.

There is not much to dislike about this software, except that the monthly subscription is slightly expensive.

Digital Operations Manager in USA
Gewerbeimmobilien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Lots of broken features

Kommentare: I have had a negative experience and will not be using SpyFu in the future.

More affordable than its competitors, Spyfu is the poor man's SEMrush. I think they use the SEMrush API--so its literally the same thing.

Lots of features that were promised in the demo video were outright lies. Link importing doesn't work, finding contacts doesn't work or hasn't worked yet for me.

Antwort von SpyFu

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. I'm sorry that your experience was below par. I noticed that you had used the free version of the tool. We do not have a free trial like what you come to expect from other tools. Instead we offer unending free access with limits on the results. Anyone can use it for as long as they'd like. I wonder if that limited version kept you from accessing the premium features that you wanted to see?

Anil
Marketing Executive in Türkei
Marketing & Werbung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Competitor Analysis with SpyFu

Kommentare: I used SpyFu to track keyword and report them to my customer. Also I used SpyFu to understand market behaviour and search volume to drive my marketing strategy.

It is easy to use SpyFu for SEO perpective to understand your competitors and marketing strategy. It gives smooth data and fresh one.

SpyFu is helpful tool for SEO, but it should has more feature for understand market analysis and SEO data.

vor 2 Monaten

Thank you for your review, Anil. We are happy to be a part of your keyword research.

Klemen
Klemen
Lead Consultant in Slowenien

Arguably best competitor analysis software

Kommentare: It allows me to discover all competitors KWs with one click. that save me ton of time.

SpyFU can discover, for which KWs a competitor ranks. I can get chart with all KWs, estimated clicks, estimated traffic worth, etc.

I do not trust 100% KW difficulty. I crosscheck KW difficulty with SemRush.

vor 7 Monaten

Thank you for your review, Klemen! Glad to see that you're able to work more efficiently with our tool set. Thanks for making us part of your strategy!

Vice President, Innovation & Strategy in USA

Makes the basics accessible

Kommentare: Very positive experience. It got us where we needed to go. Only when we needed hyper-specific information for a large client did we turn to Semrush.

SpyFu was our first foray into competitive analysis/tracking software. Setup and ongoing use are extremely simple. There's no tribal knowledge or tricks to the trade – what you see is what you get. There's huge equity there.

The feature set and really deep analysis doesn't stand up to Semrush and Moz. Those are far more expensive, but you end up graduating to them at a certain level.

vor 4 Monaten

Thank you for your review! It's helpful to see experienced perspective. Thanks for sharing it.

Digital Marketing Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Excellent research tool

One of the most useful features of SpyFu is its ability to locate longtail keywords and determine whether they are worth advertising for. If you use it correctly, it can save you a lot of time and provide your ideas for questions that people are asking with that phrase in their search query.

If the PPC data were a little more current, I'd be happy. The information looks to be a month out of date. A real-time view of what our competitors are up to would be great.

vor 3 Monaten

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our tool!

Joel
Joel
Customer Care / training Manager in Nigeria
Logistik & Lieferkette, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The Tool Puts Your Team In Vantage Position In The Market

Kommentare: Spyfu is a lifesaver to my organization in that it has put us a step ahead of our major rivals in the market space. My organisation marketing budget is now lower because of the precision target view advantage that Spyfu has given us over time.

I like the great insight that Spyfu has given my organisation in taking a deep peek at what our competitors are up to. The success rate of our marketing campaigns has increased greatly since we started using Spyfu.

Spyfu is a bit tasking when it comes to understanding totally how it functions. I had to conduct training before my team could start to use it.

vor 10 Monaten

Cheers to your team for cutting costs brilliantly while getting ahead of your major rivals. Thank you for taking the time to share a review of SpyFu!

Zack
Zack
Co-Owner in USA

SpyFu - Great tool, little clunky

Kommentare: Great tool, but with some room for improvement on the campaign management side.

The research aspects of spyfu are great. You can do keyword research and acquire critical data that can be used to make informed decisions on your SEO/PPC campaigns.

The "campaign" setups are clunky and don't seem very user friendly. The keywords update at random times and after talking with support, doesn't update in real time.

Melanie
Melanie
Founder in USA

One of the Better Keyword Tools I Make Regular Use Of

Kommentare: In terms of helping to give SEO clients an edge it's a great tool, and its lead gen capabilities are excellent as well. It's a 'stay in the toolbox' software when I have trialed and tried out many more that have long since been retired.

The volume of information that can gathered. Not only can you track competitor keywords but it's an excellent prospecting tool for lead gen, which is a lesser known aspect of the software. The relative ease of use is another bonus, the reports and dashboards are a lot clearer and easier to use than many of the other SEO tools I use/have used.

It's a bit pricey, but it has proved itself in terms of ROI from both improved SERPS positioning and lead generation. Customer service could be a little better too.

Antwort von SpyFu

Thanks for taking time to share a review, Melanie! I hope we can wow you in the future should you need any customer support. We're available via live chat on our site and email, with Facebook messages, and Twitter giving an assist. We love to hear that you're getting a lot out of the tool. Right on!

CEO in USA

SpyFu - Great for SEO's Slightly Less Great for PPC's.

Kommentare: Generally speaking, SpyFu has been great, it's a powerful tool, and often you'll run into clients who require this level of analysis both organically, and paid. I've come back time and time again over the last 10 years or so.

The UI is easy to navigate, and lots of ways to continue your search via finding more competitors, and looking at their competitors and so on. On the SEO side, this software is fairly indespensible, though it has competitors which do similar things at different price points. SpyFu however has been my go-to for many years, and having tested many of the competing products, especially during darker times for SEO many years ago, SpyFu did a quick job of staying current, which is one of the most important things for software like this. When there's changes to algorithms, or how we gather data, who's the most reliable source to get you that info? SpyFu has been that for me.

Generally the cost is prohibitive. More PPC level insights would be useful, but really they're working off whatever data they can get access to, and do a fairly good job of it. The only downside is many of the old Landing pages are not cached or visualized so when you click on the link to view the competitor's page, it doesnt exist more often than not. This feels like a huge waste of time.

Giorgi
Giorgi
Lead Customer Care in Litauen
Tabak, Selbstständig

Full of actionable information for SEO!

Kommentare: Overall, this is a very good first-to-go-to tool when you start a project to see how the existing competitors are doing and then accordingly create the strategy. Though, not only for the starting project, but can also be used for existing project analysis. It helped with analyse to see the loopholes that were harming rankings lots of time.

This is the best SEO analysis tool out there when it comes to watching what's the SEO market's current situation to understand how to start optimizing your website for the best possible start. Before launching any website or project, SpyFu is one of the first tools I go to to analyze the competitors, where they spend money, how are their currenty rankings, what keywords they use or rank for, etc. I sometimes even use its backlinks checker of the competitors with Ahrefs and while cross checking it always gives the reliable data. What's more, the reporting section or the reports itself are very good. They are intuitive and very easy to understand, which makes it easy to present to third-party who doesn't understand much of SEO. Makes life easier!

A bit more flexibility on the data aggregation in reports would be good. Also, it would be awesome if the developers focused on the local research slightly more.

Founder in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great SEO tool for the price - gives you great data on competitors

Kommentare: I've been able to gain an edge over my competition by seeing what they're doing and what's working. I've also been able to build a list of negative keywords to avoid paying for needless clicks in my PPC campaigns.

I think this is one of the best SEO tools out there for competitive research. It gives you actionable data on what your competitors are doing online, including the keywords they're targeting. I've found that the data SpyFu gives you is fairly accurate and if you use it, it's fairly easy for it to pay for itself. I use it to find out who is bidding on what keywords and what they're doing with their paid campaigns. For example, if I find a company that has spent a ton of money on a particular keyword over a long period of time, I know it's profitable for them and it's worth checking out.

I'm not a fan of their lead generation tool because it doesn't filter out as many businesses as I'd like. I also think that they should offer better keyword ranking tools, such as segmenting based on search engine. For example, you might rank #1 in Bing for a certain keyword and #2 in Google. This would be helpful information to know so you can focus on the appropriate traffic source.

Founder in Pakistan

Competitor Analysis? No problemo

Kommentare: SpyFu provides you with tons of data about any website you enter. It all comes down to how you use that information to improve your website's ranking and SERPs. The tool itself is great.

I have been using SpyFu for years now. It is one of the best competitor analysis tools out there. I mainly use it to see for what keywords my competitors rank for and where they get their backlinks from. This is, however, just the basics. You can do a lot more with SpyFu. 1. Find keywords for PPC. See what keywords your competitor is targeting in a PPC campaign and what it is paying for those keywords. 2.AdWords analysis will give you an overview of any website's AdWords campaign and how it is going for them. 3. SERP analysis is another great area where SpyFu will help you identify keywords and SERP position of your competitors.

1. Most often, the data that SpyFu pulls is outdated. This is one area where they need to work. 2. You get to see PPC details of AdWords only. No Facebook, Bing, or other PPC networks.

Lorenzo
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Great PPC Research

Kommentare: I was excited using this software. Alarmist made me want to focus on building PPC campaigns instead of websites.

I couldn’t believe the amount of great keywords I was finding and ease of use inside of their system.

I just couldn’t afford the $100/month although if I was a dedicated PPC management company it would be a no brainer.

vor 10 Monaten

Thank you for writing a review of SpyFu! I'm glad you were able to find so much during your time using the tool. If you'd like to come back, ask us about the $39/month basic plan that might help. Similarly, you can still use SpyFu for free anytime for as long as you'd like. Our free version has limited results but lets you continue to find some helpful keywords.

Kevin
CEO in USA

Love them (only using free version)

Kommentare: It helps me analyze our own site's SEO and PPC as well as our competitors super easily!

I don't use them to spy on competition, I use them to also gauge how I'm doing too. I only use the free version but their dashboard and tools are so simple and insightful regardless!

I only didn't like how costly it is, I won't be using this for the premium options, only the free options are good enough.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for the great review, Kevin! We're happy to hear that you're getting so much out of the free version. It's been helping thousands of search marketers for years--with no time cut off. Continued success to you!

Associate Marketing Consultant in USA

SpyFu Review

Kommentare: I use SpyFu on a daily basis as a consultant. This tool makes it easy to use whether the client has decided to purchase the full paid version or continue using the free version. It makes it very easy to improve a clients meta-data, investigate into their keywords or potential Adwords that would improve their paid ads or PPC, or analyze their competitors and improve their SEO overall.

SpyFu is a fantastic search analytics tool. One of my favorite things is the features that this analytics tool gives you in their free version. They for starters have a fantastic keyword search tool. It gives fantastic keyword analytics for competitors, adwords buys and comparisons to what purchases your competitors have made. It also gives great keyword groupings for a domain or a specific keyword or search phrase. SpyFu also gives great SEO tools that make it easy to optimize your website from the paid version, but also from the fantastic free version as well.

I personally have not encountered many issues with this software. I personally love the tools that it gives. The only con I personally have is their free version has some limitations but their paid version is well worth the investment.

Digital Marketing Manager in USA

Best research tool for PPC out there!

Kommentare: Positive overall. My favorite tool is the PPC reasearch section and the organic keywords that are about to break onto the 1st page reports. I once reached out to support with a question and they noticed I was local to their office and invited me to come to a party they were hosting! Awesome company!

This is my GO TO tool for PPC research and analytics on ourselves and our competitors. It even competes with SEMrush in other areas like organic and SEO analytics. Really cool company with a really powerful product.

It can be a little pricey for the paid account, but it's totally worth it. Sometimes the PPC competitive data is substantially off - never have known why, but you just compensate for it and it's fine.

vor 10 Monaten

We're glad to be a part of your PPC research. We appreciate all of your feedback. It's helpful to hear from customers about what's working well and what can improve. Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to write a review!

Demand Generation Manager in USA
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Our go to for SEO & PPC

Kommentare: Personally I think a tool like SpyFu is a must have to for PPC and SEO. Its unique advantage is that it allows you to compare how you're doing to competitors. This is something we check rather often to make sure that we're doing what we can to stand out.

Great tool for competitive research and keyword research. It lets us know how we're doing in comparison to our competitors. Also, when we're planning for new keywords, we always plug them in here to help determine the search volume and relevance. The tool is also rather inexpensive and provides us with a lot of value. We also got to see competitor ad copy, which helped us remain competitive.

The interface took some getting used to in the beginning. There was a rather steep learning curve when we first started using the platform so make sure to do your research to ensure you're using it correctly!

vor 10 Monaten

Thank you for sharing your experience using SpyFu! It sounds like you covered a lot of ground with many different features. Also we have added on-page help (tutorials, glossary, videos, tours) to help users get up to speed across the site. I hope that helps for future tools.

Paolo
Einzelhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

See behind the current on your competitors

Kommentare: They are the leaders in competitor keyword analysis, very positive experience.

SpyFu allows you to see behind the current on your competitors. If you aren't using SpyFu someone is using it against you.

It is limited in terms of all its tools compared to SEMRush but it is still the best in terms of keyword analysis.

vor 10 Monaten

Thanks, Paolo, for sharing a review of SpyFu. Glad to hear you're getting great use out of the tools!

Jake
Jake

A Necessity for Competitor Analysis

Kommentare: Our experience with SpyFu has been great. It's given us great insight into a potential client when prospecting them as well as helped us figure out where our clients sit compared to their competitors as well as national brands.

SpyFu is my go-to software for competitor analysis for my clients and myself. Sure other platforms have some similar abilities to SpyFu, but the way SpyFu outlines everything with graphs and figures makes determining the next course of action when it comes to keyword targeting.

As a small agency (two people), it's still a little out of our price range. With that being said, the 5 keyword ideas it gives us for each type of analysis don't give us much to go off of so we rely on the larger metric numbers such as average rank and costs-per-click. It's not a big deal as I'm sure we would have a lot more information to go off of if we subscribed to the product. We just can't see that happening right now.

Subash
Subash
Co-Founder in Indien

Must Use Tool for SEO & PPC

Kommentare: Must Use Tool for PPC & SEO work

SpyFu provides great insight into keyword & competitor research, which are the building blocks of SEO & PPC. You can do keyword research for organic search - what is your competitor ranking for, what are their positions, how difficult is the keyword to rank for, etc. While on PPC keyword research you can figure out what keywords your competitors are targeting, what is the estimated ad spend, what is their ad copy, etc. This gives you a comprehensive idea of what the competition is doing & what their strategy is.

The biggest drawback of SpyFu and its competitors as well is that the data is not fully accurate - they are estimates and therefore cannot be relied upon in entirety. The data is more of a directional or order magnitude use - which still is vary useful to know especially when researching for PPC. The data sources for PPC is limited - like it covers only AdWords and not Yahoo & Bing - although the search share of these platforms are way smaller than Google - is still a gap that can be filled in.

Vishal
Content Writer in Indien

Great competitor analysis tool

Kommentare: Overall, I am really happy with the app. I often use it to peek into what my competitors are ranking for and to find keyword gaps.

I really love the way the app presents the common ranking keywords amongst the competitors and helps disovering unused keywords. Just amazing! The backlink analysis is also helpful.

Sometimes, we may get logged out of the account while performing certain tasks. It can be embarrassing at times.

vor 5 Monaten

Thank you for sharing your review of SpyFu, Vishal! We love hearing that content writers are finding specialized advantages from the tool.

Sharifah

Nothing Like Being Able to Spy on the Competition

Kommentare: I have a wonderful experience with SpyFu. It changed my life for the better.

With SpyFu I can see what my competition is doing and not have to recreate the wheel. SpyFu makes adding keywords and advertising campaigns a snap.

I really love this software. There are some in the industry that try to compete but this one is by far the best.