MacDraft Professional Erfahrungen

Filtern nach:

Über MacDraft Professional

Eine 2D-CAD-Anwendung, die die Erstellung von Grundrissen, die Anfertigung von Architekturzeichnungen und Illustrationen auf dem Mac erleichtert

Erfahre mehr über MacDraft Professional

Nick Z.
Nick Z.
  • Bewertet am 2.7.2019

"Great update, more modern features"

Kommentare: I routinely import a scan of my designer's hand drawn floorplans and work with them in MacDraft. I can overlay the computer drawn plan and work with it very well.

Vorteile: I have been using MacDraft for at least 20 years. Over that time, it has become a mature, useful tool for me. Although I have used Autocad before, I find MacDraft so much easier to use and 'Mac-like'. Not all the tools are intuitive, but easy enough to figure out with online help. With the new update to V7, the interface has been cleaned up significantly, and everything is easier to use. I now can do my work in less time, and achieve better looking results. I really appreciate that Microspot continues to update this great piece of software.

Nachteile: Some of the tools look different than the last version, so there is a bit of a re-learning curve. That's not to say that once learned, the improvements are evident.

von Microspot an 3.7.2019

Hi Nick,

thank you for the great review! We really appreciate it. Its fantastic to know you are enjoying it and getting on with MacDraft 7.

If you need any help refamiliarizing yourself just drop us an email at support@microspot.co.uk

Sisto Z.
Mr.
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"Very useful 2D CAD tool"

Kommentare: Generally the graphic interface (UI) of this version is closer to the way other 2D CAD works and for my activity MacDraft 7.x it's ideal.

Vorteile: The new 7.x version is certainly more user friendly than all previous versions.
Better stability.
Better speed.
All the necessary tools are just a mouse click away.

Nachteile: However I would like to underline two aspects that I would like to personally change:
1) It would be nice if the actually list of various fonts, showed their real graphic appearance, otherwise for the desired choice, I necessarily to scroll through and view them all and it is a waste of time.
2) For small projects where only one A4 sheet is enough, the one-page scroll on the 27 "screen is too reactive at the touch of the mouse; sometimes it comes out of the visible area and makes it take a little time to bring it back in the working position.
Certainly this is useful with worksheets greater than A4 in the landscape version.
It would be really useful if the user could activate or deactivate this function directly from the "Preferences" panel.

von Microspot an 5.7.2019

Hi Sisto,

Thank you for the great review! We really appreciate it. You can actually do this with text:
1) Write some text
2) Hit CMD + T to open the font book
3) Click the font book so it is active
4) Select any font
5) Use the up and down arrows to scroll through the fonts and they will update live in the document :)
As for the 2nd issue of scrolling, could this be down to the scroll speed of the mouse? You can change that in system preferences OR you could hit the 1:1 tool to better zoom out. I hope you see this response but I will also email you it :)

Thanks again Sisto!

Jerry L.

"Home plan drawing"

Kommentare: I have been a Mac Draft owner since its origin. Other soft ware has advanced much faster than. I regret that I haven't learned to use the CAD programs. It would be really nice to draw a floor plan and then be able to rotate it into a 3D drawing. I expected much more from this upgrade.

Vorteile: The update makes the program commutable with the new Mac operating system and makes it possible to use older files. The tools are easy to identify and use.

Nachteile: Very disappointed with the templates. I ordered the entire package with all templates. I expected the templates of architectural features that are used in the drawing of house plans that include plumbing fixtures such as sinks of different sizes, toilets, bath tubs, showers, and appliances. Electrical symbols that depict light fixtures, electrical out lets, bath fans, ceiling fans. Furniture images to depict bed sizes, sofa's, tables, chairs, TV's. Doors that shows the door swing. I would like to down load PDF drawings and then make changes. If that is possible I would like to know how to do this. I would really like to down load a photo of a house and then be able to draw over it to demonstrate alternatives to owners. I guess that I was hoping for more.

von Microspot an 8.7.2019

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for the review. Let me try and answer some of your concerns:

1) There arent any additional templates in the different packages, all versions get the same templates. However the Symbols (libraries) are whats different, as you have the complete pack there will be lots of the symbols you mention. There are doors, fans, toilets, baths, showers, TVs, chairs etc please get in touch so I can show you where they are :)

2) You can simply drag a PDF into MacDraft and draw over it as an image. Unfortunately you cannot edit the data as it is an image but if they client sending you a PDF can send you a DWG file then you can fully edit that!

3) Again, you can simply drag an image in and draw over the top of it, you can also go File > Import Image.

4) As much as we would love to add 3D elements to MacDraft in the future, MacDraft is purely a 2D CAD software. Unfortunately there isnt a 2D > 3D button :(

I hope this helps!

Ivan H.
Product Design Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.6.2019

"MDP 7 - Personal thoughts"

Kommentare: I like the program. I want to use it seriously but unfortunately in its present iteration, I cannot.
As previously said, I have lots of experience in using lots of CAD software, I would like you to have a rethink of the workflow issues.
For reference, please take a look at http://www.ilexsoft.com/highdesign/
The workflow is pretty good but I do get a few issues using it on my macbook air.
It looks like they are developing it to be full blown BIM, which I don't need - hence the switch to MDP.
Simple, workflow efficient 2D cad with awesome output possibilities is what I need.

Vorteile: On the whole, it is a good CAD tool with fairly good features which I really want to use as my primary CAD software solution.
I like the fact that it can be easily used for 'graphics' and 'page layout' too.
I can use it on my Macbook air.

Nachteile: To be honest, I like the software but your workflow really does need addressing for me to use the software for serious architectural designs.
As I have moved from seriously high end CAD programs and use it for small architectural projects as well as the possibility for using it in school for CAD/CAM and presentation.
I sooo want to be able to use MDP for all architectural projects but in its present form (I know that you have added lots of features from the previous version), I just cannot use it due to workflow issues. When drawing architectural elements, something which should take just a couple of mouse clicks in other software programs, ends up taking significantly more in MDP.
I have logged a lot of this in the forums - your response has been fairly quick but the solutions come across as a long winded 'work around' to achieve a relatively simple task. This is the reason why I am not currently using the program daily or weekly.
I want to be able to offset angular lines in just a couple of click with specific dimensions, not just dragging them and relying on grid snaps. The solution given in the forums was painfully long - you could not afford to do it in practice.
I want to have the ability to have full customisation of dimensions - leader lines and weights, arrow heads, scale/size of everything. Currently, the tool is too constrained.
I want to be able to create symbols at various scales and drag and drop them into a drg and they will be the correct size. I can go on..

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for the honest review. We would love to hear more on how we can improve the workflow of MacDraft for you. We will take a look at ilexsoft and try an incorporate improvements in the future. In reference to the library items, we draw them all to scale, so they will appear scaled on different layer scales, you can drag an item in UNscaled by holding the shift key as you drag it in.

We hope to hear from you soon! Please get in touch via support@microspot.co.uk

• Bewertet am 19.6.2019
Wayne B.
President / Owner
Rundfunkmedien, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 8.10.2019

"MDFT Pro 7 Upgrade for 10 year+ user..."

Kommentare: Overall, I'm pleased with the new Version Pro 7 of MacDraft. It has been my drawing program of choice for more than 10 years and I look forward to getting further along in the new version to fully realize all the improvements. I trust my comments provide some useful feedback. As someone who really tried to learn autoCAD and failed miserably, I am SO GLAD to have your product in my tool bag.

Vorteile: With the new version 7, I find I like how all the drawing tools are laid out in just a couple of windows so that they are readily available. It appears the new "titling" version is better but I'm still on the steep part of the learning curve getting used to the changes

Nachteile: 1) The new work flow to "Duplicate" a file and then "Save" seems counter intuitive to the former "Save As" function. Not quite sure what the thinking was there !?!
2) It appears that I cannot change the default font color. Titles I create start in sort of a TAN color and then I have to change it to black or whatever...
3) The "Enter" or "Return" button does not exit you out of the title creation phase. Rather it just gives you a carriage return in the title block. In order to get back to the cursor, I have to hit "ESC". Yikes ! ...shades of AutoCAD nightmares !!

von Microspot an 10.10.2019

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the great review! Let me answer your cons :)
1) 'Duplicate' is a new system feature which removes the save as feature, this was out of our control unfortunately :(
2) Colors are saved in your preferences, choose your colors as normal then go MacDraft > Preferences and choose what you wish to save by default
3) We feel its important to offer the ability to add a carriage return in text boxes, hopefully you get used to hitting Esc

Thanks again Wayne and enjoy MacDraft 7!

• Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Art A.
  • Bewertet am 17.6.2019

"Easy to use, versatile, stable, affordable 2-D CAD"

Kommentare: I use scale drawings in my workshop, going to the print shop, getting building permits, and sharing with contractors. It's never let me down.

Vorteile: I've been using MacDraft since the late 1980's. I've used it for everything from designing simple posters to very complex buildings costing 6 figures. Version 7 is a major upgrade with refinements of its interface and individual tools. I'm always nervous when software makes a big version change. The switch to version 7 has been smooth and free of anything but good surprises.

Nachteile: Some keyboard shortcuts were changed between version 6 and 7. But I see the logic in the changes and I am adapting.

Hi Art,

Thank you for the glowing review. Its great to know you have stuck with us for coming up 40 Years! We would love to see some of your work, drop us an email at support@microspot.co.uk or find us on Facebook (Microspot Ltd).

Thanks again,

Marcy B.
Sole Proprietor
Bildende Kunst, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 23.12.2020

"MacDraft is a Secret Shouldn't Be"

Kommentare: I really like this application and have been with it for awhile. I like the combination of precision and intuitive.

Vorteile: Very versatile. What I like best is that it uses standard Architectural scale but it is fairly intuitive. The Pro version lets you output to .dwg or .dwx files and that it very useful.

Nachteile: Some of the tools and windows are a little wonky. Wish I could figure out how to change the font for a whole document. Opening .dwg files from another native application could be more accurate. The Zoom function should be more controllable. Wish .mcd was useable anywhere else. Having to translate and port things an extra layer of work.

von Microspot an 4.1.2021

Thanks for the fantastic review Marcy!

- Microspot Team

Doug S.
  • Bewertet am 24.12.2020

"REVIEW"

Kommentare: Slightly frustrated - I am looking for a simple easy to use 2D draughting programme with the functionality of Vectorworks. This doesnt quite make it but it is better than other low-cost software for Mac.

Vorteile: Reasonable price.. it works OK once you get used to it.
Works on Mac.

Nachteile: 1. Problems setting up dwg/dxf imported drawings - setting size and scale.
2. Tools do not stay for repeat use. Need to be reselected each time.
3. Trimming is cumbersome - line by line. Ref 2 above.
4. Some of the tools are a bit cumbersome.

• Bewertet am 24.12.2020
Walter B.
retired
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 8.1.2021

"Thank goodness for MacDraft Professional 7"

Kommentare: I am a woodworker, and I make engineering drawings of my projects prior to building them.

Vorteile: This program has all the easy use features of the original MacDraft of which I was a Beta Test professional in the mid-1980's.

Nachteile: I did not like the fact that I purchased MacDraft and within a year had to purchase it again due a change in the Mac operating system.

• Bewertet am 8.1.2021
Imadur rozan S.
Imadur rozan S.
Student
Architektur & Planung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.8.2019

"Best CAD software for Mac.. now with Many Improvements!"

Kommentare: Basically, architect and artist are similar, when it comes to creating fantastic and beautiful concepts or design, they have to be in a good mood, and good mood can only be achieved if the environment or tools they're using convenience and comfortable. So does with this software, the nice and cartoonist like UI is great and eyes catching, not too complicated but it does a tons of stuff!

Vorteile: this app is not only the best CAD software for Mac, but it also let you do many and more things beyond conventional 2D drawing like creating realistic and more vibrant looking landscape design, adding colours to the classic 2D floor plans, create exploded axonometric drawing and details, town planning or a large scale project area and mapping, even creating illustration and comics! it's like you can working on the Architectural poster by adding digital drawing or analogy right after working on the plans in a glance.

Nachteile: despite the software ability that let you create multiple different works, its amazing features and UI interface, the Macdraft is still limited to MacOS devices and unavailable for Windows, Operating system or other platform.. just like the Name after all ("MAC" draft). hopefully the developer will release and make this software available across multiple different operating system and platforms, especially if you have to work using different devices with different operating system.

• Bewertet am 30.8.2019
Michael Y.
COO
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.7.2019

"A Charmed Drafting App"

Kommentare: Okay, all software, even the *really expensive* stuff, has things that aren't bugs, but which bug you. MacDraft just seems to have fewer of them. Its deficiencies notwithstanding, this thing is my favorite design tool except for pencils. I look forward to using it every day. It's 'craft-based'. Which means, in my (cough cough) rather long experience, I've found that the simpler the tool, and the more craft is involved in its use, the more powerful it actually is. Think of pencils, for example. Or a Japanese carpenter's toolkit: two saws, two planes, a couple hammers and a set of chisels in an old wooden box with a snap line and some ink. Get a bunch of these guys together and they can build a temple, perfectly, really fast. MacDraft can claim some of that in digital terms: It's pretty minimal, but so far there's not much I can't do with it. Each drawing seems fresh because there's nothing standardized in it, it's all stuff Iactually drew and *meant*. And somehow that comes through, that somebody thought about and 'touched' everything in there and consciously put it where it is. I don't know why that comes across, but it seems to, and I think clients notice it, again subliminally maybe -- but a lot of good design is like that.

Vorteile: About six months ago while searching for a simple drafting app for small projects around the office, to use when I didn't want to fire up CAD, I downloaded a trial version of MacDraft. To my surprise I began using it right away on almost everything — full presentations, maintenance instructions, info manuals, notes, letters that needed a sketch in them, doodles. I haven't looked back. So far no regrets about canceling my subscription design package. Though I still use a 3D modeler and occasionally import images from it, mostly I make perspective sketches inside MacDraft. Its page layout and presentation tools are, I think, brilliant and straightforward. I've been using and contributing to design and modeling software for 35 years, but as it's gotten more sophisticated, it's gotten intrusive, and I'm even a little alarmed at how it influences how we work. MacDraft, though, is just a very competent, clever drawing and illustration app with a suite of good drafting and dimensioning tools. With that you can do almost anything. It's not automated, there are no `workflow` considerations. You can start anywhere and just make what you like. And it has minimal `cognitive overhead`; it doesn't much condition what you design. Which I find tremendously fun and refreshing, like drawing on paper, only you have precision, dimensioning, and you can rearrange everything. I think our clients are more engaged with our presentations now, and they seem more involved, which I like.

Nachteile: Even with the new 64 bit architecture, MD is boggy if you have imported a lot of photos without trimming them down quite a bit (which you can do inside the app). But still. I think this can be fixed. The new UI is beautiful to behold but, with the absence of floating palettes, you have to move around a lot more now to picking tools, then choosing modifiers on the other side of the screen. If there were programmable shortcut keys, even just five or ten of them, that would make things much easier, and faster. You wouldn't have to look away from the drawing, which helps. It's still a bit unstable. I see other users notice this. It's mandatory to make frequent, serial updates, especially if you did something tricky or the app sputtered for an instant. The following things alarmed me at first (and they should probably be remedied):
1. You cannot trim an arc or a spline.
2. You cannot pull parallel lines off arcs or splines.
3. You can't snap to intersections.
4. You can't batch trim lines.
5. You can't snap to lines, just endpoints.
I thought these were deal-breakers at first. They turned out not to be, as most of that functionality can be achieved easily by other means (clever tool set). That said, they *are* deficiencies. These features are commonplaces in drafting apps. They would make the program substantially stronger. I would guess that a lot of potential users run across them, and before they figure out the workarounds, they get discouraged miss out.

• Bewertet am 3.7.2019
Phillip J.
Architect / Owner
  • Bewertet am 17.6.2019

"Phil's MacDraft Pro 7 upgrade reactions"

Kommentare: I have been able to move from my previous version without much difficulty. Probably because I have kept my work simple.

Vorteile: The drafting tools and other left side menu items that I use have remained the same. I have not yet tried to make my own library items and hope to do that too because many of the default images are not useful to me.
I have found out that I can change the black background to a lighter color by upgrading my OS but I have always been afraid of messing up what I am used to. Someday I'll make that jump. Ability to shade that to a lighter gray would be nice.
The page selection allows me to make up a border or a graphic that would open with the page selection. I am looking forward to having that set up on my version. If only I had time to practice all these options.
I'm still woking on it but the DWG has proven to be a little problem. As I get used to it I think I will like it as the tool to send out CAD drawings that can be translated to others programs. Presently I need to put it through my 'Vectorworks' to have a DWG that others can work with.
I think this is moving to a more professional and respected by others program.

Nachteile: The side panels previously in menu boxes on the side seem to take a lot of room. I cannot remove them because they are constantly in use. As boxes I could move and rearrange them and omit some of them. I miss that option. I really miss the options to have line options, level option and alignment boxes opened at the same time.
Some of the key options are eliminated such as bring to front or to back.
An item copied from a PDF or the library land on the page as a much reduced image. Translated from a PDF they land in the upper left corner rather than where I click for them to land. Sometimes this takes too much time to recover them and stretch them to the correct scale.
Locating the writing icon on the page is difficult. I would like it to show up a little darker. On the last version the icon would break in where I selected and now it lands at the beginning of the paragraph. The icon is so light I cannot tell where it is located.

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for the review! Great to hear you're getting to grips well with MacDraft 7.

We fully understand why you might miss the palette system, we are always open to new ideas so if you would like to discuss further how we might better implement the single screen system we would love to hear from you via support@microspot.co.uk.

Ellie S.
Director of Sales - Lighting
Unterhaltungselektronik, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

"Much Needed Revamp!"

Kommentare: Absolutely love it. I don’t miss the previous versions at all. I have been using MacDraft since 2014, and this new version was definitely needed. Checked all the boxes!

Vorteile: I am easily able to import and manipulate CAD files. Most of my clients work in CAD and it would be so frustrating with previous versions when the files wouldn’t open or wouldn’t be compatible. It also eliminated any issues exporting my MacDraft files to CAD. Also, having all the tools available is great! When they were on individual palettes, I would frequently “lose” the palette when I was working with multiple monitors.

Nachteile: Not all items will import, and will just eliminate them from the drawings. There have been one or two instances when the file I was sent was using some feature in CAD that macDraft didn’t have and I was missing a large chunk of the drawing. Also, when I group items together to make one item, and then try to line it up with other items, it still recognizes each individual item instead of recognizing all items as one item. This can be frustrating because I have to make sure I select the exact part of the grouped items. This is minor but not an issue I had with previous versions.

Hi Ellie,

Thank you for such a great review! You refer to CAD throughout your review and I imagine you mean DWG/DXF files. If you have files that you know are missing data, along with an image of what the file SHOULD look like please send them over to support@microspot.co.uk and we can take a look. We majorly improved DWG/DXF support in MacDraft 7 (as you mentioned) but if we can improve it even more then that will benefit everyone! :)

P.S. the align functions not recognising groups is a bug which has now been fixed. We will have a free update (7.0.1) going out next week.

Jennifer L.
Interior Designer / Owner
  • Bewertet am 25.3.2017

"Great product for interior design business"

Kommentare: Love this product...have been using for about 10 years. Run it on my iMac and MacBook Air. Current 6.2 version is the best to date. I was trained on AutoCad back in school and before opening my own business, used AutoCad at the various firms I worked for. When I started my own business I needed a drawing program, but one that could easily work with an iMac. I was happy to find MacDraft. The transition between AutoCad and MacDraft was pretty seamless, there are differences between the two programs, but if you understand the basics of cad drawing, there should be no issues. I use MacDraft for everything design related...furniture plans, cabinetry elevations in bathrooms and kitchens, designing custom furniture, tile detail. Highly recommend this program. And customer service is great...always able to connect with someone who wants to help.

Vorteile: Price point, Easy to get started. Easy to use. Drawing line weights always look professional.

Nachteile: I miss some of the features that are on AutoCad. Dimensioning things can sometimes be a real task. Lining things up, copying small images...I do lots of tile design for bathrooms and kitchens, and getting real detailed and lining things up and be a challenge with this program. I've also found that if I've worked on a document over and over again, which some of my projects take months to create, the document seems to have weird layout issues. Shapes refuse to line up and when I copy and paste, things are completely out of whack. I've learned many things by trial and error on how to manipulate the program, but after all this time using this product, still catch myself trying to do auto cad shortcuts.

• Bewertet am 25.3.2017
Gary C.
now reitred
Glas, Keramik & Beton, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.12.2016

"MacDraft Pro continues to improve and add features but is still as simple to use as ever"

Kommentare: I've been using MacDraft since v. 1 in 1985. Back then it was as easy to use as Apple's MacDraw but could accurately maintain scaling when moving an image from one drawing to another with each drawing in a different scale. Now, with many more features and capabilities, Mac Draft 6.2 is still extremely easy to use. This new 6.2 release has a variety of GREAT new features but without a doubt, my favorite is the "page centering" feature. In the past when you opened a drawing and dragged out the size of the window you were using, it was almost always a two-step process: you placed the size of the window you wanted on your screen and then you'd move the image where you wanted it in that window which invariably was in the middle of the window. Now, from the first placement of the window to subsequent adjustments, your image is always in the center of the window regardless of whether you are resizing from the right or left side. This centering of your document also provides an extra benefit: the Dead Zone. Not as macabre as it sounds, the Dead Zone is simply a place off to the side of your document where you can place objects that you do not need in your image at the moment but do not wish to delete. So, whether it be furniture, straight lines, or sizing rectangles, simply move them off the document you are working on onto the gray "dead zone," and they will simply just "sit there" waiting to be used or not. And anything off the document will not print. So, such objects are "off" but not forgotten--just there when you need them. Other great new features are custom guides (dragged from the ruler) as well as Smart Snapping of objects where the top, center, and bottom of an object can snap to another object at the same points. The Welcome screen provides a variety of help features but if that's not enough, there is also a new Helper Palette that will provide basic instruction on any of the tools. Besides the Help provided in the Welcome window, there is also a "New" tab with both blank documents and many templates to help you get started in a variety of directions. And yes, there are all of your recent documents for you to continue to work with. Despite all of the many new features (I've only pointed out a few). The overall MacDraft application is still the same MacDraft that longtime users have enjoyed for years. Easy to use with powerful performance.

Vorteile: Ease of use and powerful capabilities

Nachteile: Occasional bugs that need to be addressed. (Not as if I've ever seen any software to be bug-free.)

• Bewertet am 6.12.2016
Gordon L.
Development Officer
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"MacDraft User"

Kommentare: I use it as a tool for visualising and realising projects. So if I were designing a house I can see what it looks like and also work out some of the construction problems as well as making timber cutting lists

Vorteile: New layout quite logical with one minor detail see below. I like the home library and again wouldn't it be good if when you drew a curved shaped lawn you could fill it in with a grass texture.

Nachteile: I don't like the select arrow key being moved to the left hand side. Let’s say if you draw a rectangle and colour it in (working on the right side) you then have to go to the left side to the select button. Now this may seem a minor complaint and one I should get used to but I don’t and usually several times during a session I have to undo a lot of rectangles because of this. When the select key was on the right hand side it was second nature. Couldn’t you put another select button on the right hand side?
And for goodness sake change the default "hide metric units" to "show metric units" It is a pain when using the measuring tool and it just shows a number. It could be anything
The other thing is the angles. It makes sense to me to make it like a compass rose with North at the top ie 0 or 360 degrees and 180 degrees to the bottom.

von Microspot an 4.1.2021

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the great review. I understand the issue with moving the tools to the left and attributes to the right although we do have keyboard shortcuts for the tools on the left. If you want to select the arrow tool with the keyboard you can simply hit V or Esc. I hope this helps!

- Microspot Team

Arthur R.
Owner / Operator
  • Bewertet am 4.10.2019

"Elegant improvements"

Kommentare: As a professional, I have been using MacDraft from its earliest stages – I’m 70 years old, and I think I started using it when I was in my 30s. It was most helpful then - now, it’s core to my own envisioning of work before us. In any case, the elegance of this latest version fits so intuitively within my “builders mind”. The tool pallets are now organized as a surround to each drawing itself. And they have so much breath and depth of function! The overall result is effortless manipulation of the development of the project itself. MacDraft 7 Professional has been honed to a razor sharp edge, making it so very clean & precise in the visualizing of an emerging design! Part and parcel to all of this is the availability of the team that has developed MacDraft Professional 7 to its current excellence, for and continues to interact so willingly with those of us who use it. Congratulations on a great outcome!

Vorteile: Each drawing carries ALL drawing tools-And these tools represent the full array needed to fully imagine something under design.

Nachteile: Because of its radical reworking, the learning curve to become fluent in MacDraft Professional 7 required a substantial investment of energy - energy that was completely restored & rewarded by the new plateau this program has achieved.

von Microspot an 9.10.2019

Hi Arthur,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. We try and take all of our customers ideas and improvements on board and build them into future versions and its nice to hear that you appreciate the efforts. If you ever need anything, please dont hesitate to get in touch with us.

• Bewertet am 4.10.2019
Robert S.
President & CEO
  • Bewertet am 18.6.2019

"Deceptively Powerful, Easy to Use CAD"

Vorteile: I'm biased because I have been using MacDraft continuously for thirty years, but I believe it is very usable and full-featured for its modest price. The latest version has made substantial improvements to the interface, incorporating clever ways to make commands accessible while still leaving plenty of real estate on the screen for designing. With a little practice, an amateur like me can create very precise drawings and designs, and do so rapidly. Printouts are clean and accurate.

Nachteile: The latest release (7.0) is a little buggy . I expect that the issues, which are minor annoyances rather than major flaws, will be resolved in the next version; but it is a shame they were not addressed before launch. The interface is not very customizable, so there is no way to hide or move features that I seldom use. But you can't have everything.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the review :) Its great to hear that you are continuing to enjoy MacDraft!

You are right, there were a few bugs in the release version which were brought to our attention from users such as yourself. You'll be glad to know that the upcoming 7.0.1 (free) update address those.

Thanks again and keep enjoying MacDraft 7

Microspot Team,

Terry V.
Owner, designer, woodworker, & floor sweeper
  • Bewertet am 17.12.2020

"Long-Term User"

Vorteile: I run a one-man woodshop. Design/build. Free-standing furniture, specialized cabinetwork, like library walls, off-the-wall woodworking projects. You never know what a client might want.
No kitchen cabs, no re-modeling.
I've been using MacDraft through many iterations, since late 1990. I've always appreciated its intuitive nature, much like Macintosh computers. (Although, Macs aren't quite as intuitive as they used to be, but there you are, what can be done, time marches on).

Nachteile: Honestly, my only pet peeve regarding MacDraft is this, (very small):
When you're drawing a series of very long, thin rectangles; say a series of mullions in glass cabinet doors, routinely one or two of them will be visually miss-matched in width, even though the software assures me that all the widths are the same.

von Microspot an 21.12.2020

Hi Terry,

Thank you for the fantastic review. If you could send across an example of the visual error you are receiving we would be happy to take a look and see what is going on. You can reach us at support@microspot.co.uk

• Bewertet am 17.12.2020
Mike I.
  • Bewertet am 9.7.2019

"MacDraft Professional 7"

Kommentare: If one were coming at version 7 for the first time, it probably is easier to get used to, than if one has been a MacDraft user for a number of years. I have not enjoyed using version 7 and continue to use my older versions for most of my work.

Vorteile: I have been a MacDraft user for over 15 years and found it is an easy and comprehensive drafting program to use for my architectural practice. It was easy to learn, inexpensive to maintain, and had excellent graphic quality.

Nachteile: The version 7 has been difficult to get used to. The revised desktop is drastically different from previous versions and had to be totally relearned. While one used to be able to view all the tool menu bars at the same time on the screen, now one must continually switch between 4 different drop down menus to access alignment tools, layers, and colors and patterns. It is not nearly so convenient. There is little about the new version I find improved, other than the template set-up options for sheet layout.

von Microspot an 17.7.2019

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the review, I will be getting in touch to see if I can help you out on the latest version. Its a shame you are finding the new layout difficult to use so we would like to help.

• Bewertet am 9.7.2019
Bob M.
  • Bewertet am 8.7.2019

"Old Hand"

Kommentare: I have almost 200 houses in the design process at varying stages and without Macdraft I would be a million miles behind by now.

Vorteile: It's ease of use, very much like using a drawing board select a pen draw a line with it, what can be easier, I design house and find the software suites me just fine, I have been using it since it first launched.

Nachteile: The present Pro 7 issue is wonderful and most of the initial links have been sorted, I would dearly like to re arrange the side panels and custom them much lieke the top tool bar also make them adjustable in width as the Layer panel has very little room for labels and able to see the scale.

von Microspot an 10.7.2019

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the fantastic review! Its great to hear you say 'very much like using a drawing board select a pen draw a line with it, what can be easier' this is exactly our intention with using MacDraft as a draftsman's table!

• Bewertet am 8.7.2019
Delmar M.
General Manager
Kunststoffe, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

"Satisfied new user -"

Kommentare: We had been using a very simple drawing software that hadn't been supported for several years. For us, it worked as good as we needed. When it ultimately quick working because of equipment upgrades etc. we were at a loss for a simple drawing program. MacDraft Professional 7 has allowed us to provide the simple drafting projects we need for our customers as well as for our manufacturing team. It's also allowed us to design new equipment and procedures internally. We are amateurs when it comes to drafting programs. If it was too complicated or time consuming, it wouldn't have worked for us. MacDraft Professional 7 is turning into exactly the software we need to support our business.

Vorteile: Every day I'm learning how to use this software, it's capabilities, and how it can support our manufacturing team and our customers. It's easy to use from the first download and your growth can be as fast as the time spent working with it. It will do everything we need plus.

Nachteile: I'm yet to find a con for this software. If I had to say something, I'd say that it's more complicated than what we'd been using which has led to more time to learn how to use it.

Hi Delmar,

Thank you for the fantastic review. We really appreciate it. Im not sure what else to say other than if you need anything in the future please do get it touch but it sounds like MacDraft 7 is doing great things at TRAX and we would love to see some of your work!

Michael T.
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.6.2019

"Long Time MacDraft User and Still Happy"

Kommentare: I have been a MacDraft user for at least 15 years... maybe 20. It just gets better for 2-D drawings. I use Chief Architect software for most of the drawings we need to do but using MacDraft for elevations and small details and then importing the drawings as PDFs into Chief Architect makes the work flow much better. I would like to have MacDraft training videos that showcase the new features when they are introduced.

Vorteile: With the recent upgrades, the system works much more smoothly on my Mac. While I have yet to grasp all the new features in this current version, I try to take one feature every week or so and get familiar with it... adding it to my skill sets.

Nachteile: There still are some cranky elements... like when doing dimensioning and being able to start a measure and end where it should. And "releasing"a tool still seems to be a bit of an issue... when wanting to go to another tool.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the great review :) We hope to have new training videos available soon!

I recommend turning on 'Object Snap' when using dimensions as this will snap to the points on objects you are trying to measure, it might make it easier for you.

Microspot team

Kevin G.
MF
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.6.2019

"Easy of use of MacDraft 7"

Kommentare: The help line and over the phone knowledge of the tech support is second to none.
These guys are so helpful and nothing is a issue to them, the best software I have used for years,

Vorteile: Very easy to get round the tool bar, lines- objects- the list goes on and on, so much easier than Autocad.

Nachteile: Nothing brilliant software to use with know issues

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the glowing review! We really appreciate it, let us know if you need anything and we will be sure to help!

Thanks again,

Edward H.
Owner's Rep, Construction Manager
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"Replacing the Old with the New"

Kommentare: All in all, I'm ecstatic with Microspot MacDraft, 6.2 and 7, as I am now using modern equipment and technology with the ease of my old, trusted program from way back when - all at an affordable price. AND, when I had questions, I was able to write to England, and invariably the next morning a reply would be waiting for me. AND, when my backup thumb-drive for 7 didn't arrive via international mail after several weeks, they sent me another, which contains both versions 6.2 and 7. Fantastic software and customer service, would highly recommend!

Vorteile: I originally bought "MacDraft" back in 1996, and installed it on a Macintosh Performa CD. Many years passed, and I used it to design several houses and projects, and became quite proficient with the software, even though I was limited by the hardware involved - small screen, ancient printer , no ability to email, no ability to download to thumb drives - until finally this year, I could no longer find ink for my printer. So, I searched the Internet, and found this program to be affordable, modern, and with nearly the identical menus, tools, and libraries. Now I use it on my IMac, and a Brother Pro Series printer. Fantastic!

Nachteile: I was initially sent MacDraft Professional 6.2, until the MacDraft Professional 7 release. I actually thought 6.2 was intuitively easier. With the release of 7, some of the tools have been switched to the right side, where before everything was on the left - I don't like the back and forth with the mouse that 7 requires. Also, 6.2 had a light background, whereas the background on 7 is black, which to me makes it a bit more difficult to find the tools I want.

von Microspot an 5.7.2019

Hi Edward,

Thank you so much for the glowing review. Its great to know you were happy with the 6.2 place holder before the release of version and have continued to enjoy 7! One thing I would like to point out is that if you are on Mac OS 10.14 or higher you can switch between light and dark mode via Apple > System Preferences > General.