Über SciNote

Eine erstklassige, von Wissenschaftlern und IT-Experten entwickelte Plattform für Forscher.

Erfahre mehr über SciNote

I like that the software already integrated many other software/programs that makes easier to upload files/documents.

The thing I don't like most is that this system is not compatible with excel software.

Bewertungen zu SciNote

SciNote hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 62 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du SciNote bereits verwendet?

Justin
Justin
Postdoctoral Fellow in USA
Forschung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

SciNote - Great Intro to ELN & Inventory Mangement

I like the ability to organize all my lab's projects in one place, as well as the inventory management system that gives me ordering notifications based on reagent use.

The project organization hierarchy requires a bit of a learning curve.

Casandra
Senior Research Program Officer in USA
Forschung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

First choice electronic lab notebook!

Kommentare: It's been wonderful to have all of our team's data in one place - easily coded/laid out for quick access and sharing. It was tough initially to get all lab members to buy in and make the transition, but I think even they see the value in this new electronic lab notebook now!

Easy sharing of data, SOPs and protocols, results, and program management/tracking tools!

A little expensive, doesn't interface well with some of our coded software and data analysis tools.

Nicole
Research Associate in USA
Biotechnologie, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The best so far

The feature of having a place where you can have your protocols & just upload them to the experiments is nice. I like how I can share it with my colleagues too

The formatting isn't the easiest to figure out. I wish there was a way to draw/write into the notebook.

Antwort von SciNote

Thank you for the feedback - we agree, writing and drawing is truly useful. Thank you for sharing the idea! At the moment, mobile devices offer some additional modes of data input. Virtual keyboard on your tablet or smartphone allows you to enter handwritten notes, which are directly converted into a digital format in any text field in SciNote. More info is here: https://www.scinote.net/scinotesolutions-efficiency-productivity-in-scientific-laboratories/#6

Elaine
CEO in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Utility of SciNote for a Medical Device Company

Kommentare: It takes a while to transition over from paper/electronic templates since there are so many ways to use SciNote. However, it is a very useful platform that makes all our work accessible to our team, which has been critical over the pandemic.

The best part of SciNote is how easily it facilitates collaboration. Being able to assign users to different roles and Tasks let's everyone who needs to be involved see the whole picture of what's happening in a Project. Additionally, the audit trail that shows every action is very helpful, especially if you need to see if something "worked" the way you hoped it would.

Other users have probably found very efficient ways to do repetitive work (calibration, inventory management, template usage, etc), but it takes us a while to figure these things out so that it works for us. Being able to see how other users handled this kind of work would help us see how best to implement SciNote across projects and departments.

Antwort von SciNote

Thank you for the review and great feedback! We really appreciate it. If you will have any questions on how to organize your repetitive work feel free to contact our team anytime. Thank you!

Leah
Bioengineer in USA
Biotechnologie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Scinote keeps things organized and is easy to use

Kommentare: I overall have a positive experience using Scinote, and have recommended the product to a few grad student friends.

I love how easy it is to use Scinote to organize and keep track of my experiments I need to perform while in the lab. It's also very easy to search past experiments to keep track of details through time.

I wish Scinote had an autosave function! There have been a few times where I have forgotten to press "Save" on notes that I was actively taking notes in lab.

Antwort von SciNote

Thank you for the feedback! It is taken into account. At the moment, autosave works with all Microsoft Office files and on on task notes, protocols, step descriptions, and in result text field. More information is here: https://knowledgebase.scinote.net/en/knowledge/how-do-i-use-the-autosave-function Great feedback! Thank you!

Arpita
Senior Scientist in USA

Very organized

Topics are searchable by key words. Which makes it very much user friendly.

The i-pad version is not fully functional yet.

vor 2 Monaten

Hello Arpita. Thanks for sharing your experience of using SciNote! I am glad that our flexible plans can grow with your company. The mobile app is currently in beta, but there are plans to significantly improve it this year - so stay tuned!

Peter from
Laboratory technician in Dänemark
Biotechnologie, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Collecting documents

I like that you can upload spreadsheets and documents and scinote makes it easy to prevent multiple copies floating around

Would be nice if you could write the protocol in browser instead of needing to use ms software

vor 2 Monaten

Hello Peter! For each SciNote task, you can enter protocol steps directly into SciNote. We also recently launched a protocol parser that can help users convert a .docx protocol into these protocol steps in SciNote. Do feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager to see if we can help you improve your experience!

Joan
Researcher in Spanien

Opinion Nano1Health

Kommentare: Overall our experience is good, we will continue to use it in the foreseeable future and probably recommend it to other teams of our section and around it.

At Nano1Health we like to be a 0 paper company. Reality sometimes makes that difficult but at least with Scinote we can manage to reduce it a lot. We can access anywhere the data that we need in a matter of seconds, and anyone in the team is able to access samples and codes when required.

Sometimes, due to its structure its difficult for some members of the team to find what they are looking for and therefore don't use it that much (just ask the other members by mail). Sometimes it is not very flexible for customizing columns of templates or other hard-set services. Finally, price. Its per-user licensing makes it expensive, especially for small enterprises, in which everybody needs to have access but the revenue is not very big

vor 2 Monaten

Hello Joan. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about SciNote! SciNote has a projects/experiments/tasks hierarchy that's different from paper notebooks (or from other online notebooks). There are a few places where filters/searches are available to help team members locate what they need. Do feel free to connect with your CSM Eva to explore these options - we are here to help! Some aspects of SciNote are not as flexible because we designed the product to meet regulatory requirements. While SciNote is priced competitively, we understand that any cost could be challenging for small enterprises - we would love to see how we can help your team get the most out of SciNote. Do let us know how if there is anything we can do to support this. Thank you again for choosing SciNote!

Nathalia
Research and Development Formulation Chemist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A much easier lab notebook experience!

Kommentare: My overall experience with SciNote has been excellent! I really enjoy using the software for my electronic laboratory notebook!

I like how easy SciNote is to use- the features are simple yet super effective. I use the protocol/template features daily when preparing my notebook pages, and I have different protocols to make preparing my notebook that much quicker! I love how I can add pictures, tables, and checklists so that I can really organize my thoughts and results before, during, and after going into the lab!

I really enjoy using SciNote and have little complaints. The only feature I would like to see is being able to move multiple experiments over to a different folder. For example, I have active and completed projects folders, and it would make organizing my notebook that much easier if I could move a few experiments/"pages" over to the completed projects folder at once.

Elvira
QC Manager in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use.

It is very easy to train chemists to use the system. Once they use it, it's easy to review what was done in the electronic lab notebook.

The inventory tables are not as easy to navigate. I'm used to using SmartSheets and Excel, and some of that functionality isn't in the inventory tables, yet.

Assistant Professor of Biology in USA
Hochschulbildung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Solid ELN, best for larger organizations/labs

As the PUI faculty, my lab is comprised of all undergraduate students. This software is very user-friendly and intuitive for my students. It makes data entry and tracking easy. The ability for my student to share protocols across project is a huge benefit.

There is no ability to customize the functionality of the software. There are several feature that would be fantastic if the lab were much larger. However, given out size and scope those features (manuscript writer, inventory tracking, etc...) don't make a lot of sense for us. This ELN is on the expensive side so it would be nice to be able to tailor the software a little more to the needs of the end-user with the price reflecting the final functionality.

Antwort von SciNote

We are glad to hear SciNote is user-friendly and intuitive for the students. Thank you for the feedback! We'd be glad to answer any questions related to the SciNote functionalities and customizations, feel free to contact our team anytime.

Jarrett
Research Assistant in USA
Forschung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great, needs changes.

Kommentare: The benefits of SciNote are vast and I know it has assuredly made work in our laboratory more efficient. All in all, I have enjoyed using the SciNote platform for our ELN and would recommend it to colleagues.

I like that overall, it is easy to access experiments and link protocols. I also like the Reports feature, especially that you are able to save them for access at a later time. The progress features are also helpful, in that it allows efficient communication about the status of a particular task or tasks.

I find that Tables tend to be difficult to work with and also the lack of user-friendly calendar integration frustrating. For example, being able to easily add tasks to Google Calendar based on their due dates and end dates.

Antwort von SciNote

Thank you for the feedback, we are glad to hear you like the reports features in SciNote. Also, thank you for great ideas for further improvements. Appreciated!

Walter
CTO in Singapur

Review of SciNote ELN

Kommentare: Reproducibility and good lab documentation is becoming ever more important and SciNote is a great step in this direction allowing the lab to put some constraints on how experiments are planned, conducted and recorded so as to ensure better reproducibility.

The ability to breakdown the lab process into discrete steps in advance, and then tick off each step as it is carried out, with room for comments for changes/deviation. This is very important for preventing inter experiment variability, as also for documenting exactly what was done, so that future troubleshooting or historical review can be easily achieved. I also liked the way that the different tasks could be set up on a blank canvas and dragged around and linked together to form a flow.

It is sometimes difficult to get the steps ordered in the correct order for reports etc, especially if they were initially entered in the wrong order, or subsequently changed. I would also welcome the possibility to add comments and annotations when using the iOS/android app to carry out experiments. The ability to quickly print labels for tubes etc would be good, as would a visual representation of the storage boxes used for keeping reagents in the fridge etc.

Antwort von SciNote

Thank you for the great feedback and insight! We truly appreciate the comments and will take them into account. Highly appreciated!

Osvaldo
Research Assistant in USA
Forschung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great electronic lab notebook for any use!

Kommentare: I am very happy with the electronic notebook. Once you come up with a way to implement it in your lab, thing run smoothly and easy to adapt to any changes.

This software is great to keep track of everyone's use in the lab and makes it easy to collaborate. It features a customizable design to adapt to your needs. They have recently come up with a web app to use on mobile devices, that makes it even easier to use in your work bench or such.

There's really not much that I don't like about the software. The only thing I've found that is somewhat limiting is the web app, that is still very dependent on the web interface in a computer. But it's a new interface that has been moving in the right direction already.

Antwort von SciNote

Thank you for the review - we really appreciate the insight and the feedback about the SciNote App. Thank you!

Jessica
Science Liaison in USA
Biotechnologie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great option for low fee

Kommentare: I found SciNote to be easy to learn and role out to the team. It was a great budget friendly option for a 5 person startup.

I liked that there was a free trial my team could use before we decided to purchase a plan.

I think the UI could be much more user friendly. I would also like to see additional inventory and procurement connection points.

Antwort von SciNote

Thank you for the compliments. We are glad to hear the free account was useful to explore the software (besides the free plan, SciNote does offer the trial of the premium version for free as well). We truly value your feedback and are glad to hear it!

Formulation Assistant II in USA
Chemikalien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

SciNote Review

The ability to create a hyperlink to other tasks/experiments makes it incredibly easy to reference past work.

The updates are very frequent and often times don't seem to make any substantial improvements making it frustrating to navigate.

vor 2 Monaten

Hello Chris. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. If you were referring to our smart annotation system - glad that you found cross-referencing within SciNote is easy! We are working on revamping our update schedule, so you should see some improvements there. I will also pass this on to our product team so they are aware of this. Thank you again for choosing SciNote!

Great ELN

SciNote has been a great ELN for our team. We have been able to customize various functions to fit our needs and the SciNote team has been very receptive to feedback.

There have been some necessary features that were incomplete or difficult to use. However, after giving feedback to the SciNote team, they worked quickly to improve functionality.

Antwort von SciNote

Thank you for your feedback about the improvements of SciNote functionalities. For us, your feedback is of primary importance, to further improve and adapt the software to best fit labs' needs. If you will have more ideas, feel free to contact us anytime. Thank you!

Dawn
Lab Manager in Kanada
Forschung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Electronic lab notebook

Kommentare: I just started using this 1.5 years ago. I have been using paper notebooks for at least 25 years. It was not that difficult to learn how to use it and it has some useful features like the report or publish and the tags.

This electronic notebook makes it very easy to find protocols and experiments, which was a labourious task with paper notebooks unless they were very well organised, which seldom happens with students.

It still takes more time as you need to upload and re-write everything from your paper notebook that you use in the lab to avoid contaminating a laptop.

Antwort von SciNote

Thank you for the great feedback! We are glad to hear you like SciNote and it was not too difficult to switch from paper to digital. We highly appreciate your review!

Digisha
Team lead in USA
Forschung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Helpful as electronic lab data.

can be available online and see day to day activity.

You cannot delete older versions of template or the folders created by mistake. one cannot be used for reporting purpose or tracking purpose. One cannot sort the project by user.

Kristin
Senior Research Assocaite in USA
Biotechnologie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Scinote the amazing electronic notebook

I like how is organizes my project like a flow chart

How you add steps in protocols, I wish users had more freedom

vor 2 Monaten

Hello Kristin. Glad that you enjoyed the visualized workflow /flow chart feature! For protocols, we recently launched our protocol parser, so you could upload a .docx protocol to be converted directly into protocol steps (org admin will need to enable this). Do feel free to let us know if you or your team members have any questions about this!

Matthias
Director in USA
Biotechnologie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

We are happy with our choice

Kommentare: It has been a great experience and I would recommend the product!

As a new startup we were looking for an electronic lab journal that includes not only record keeping but has additional features such as inventory, protocol management, and good search ability. The price was a deciding factor for us. We were surprised by the excellent support and good training that was included in the competitive rate.

As a relatively new product it isn't interacting well with all the software and file formats that we are using.

Antwort von SciNote

Thank you for the feedback, we are glad to hear you are happy with SciNote support and training. Thank you!

Brendan
QC Automation and Compliance Coordinator in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

SciNote - A great ELN for many different applications

Kommentare: Fantastic product and service; would recommend to any lab

The ability to be 21 CFR 11 compliant, easy of use, visibility, customizations, security, and permission levels. Customer service is fantastic and responsive.

Not many cons, it would be nice if we were able to enable SciNote's updated on our own instead of automatic but there has not been an update we did not like.

Denis
Denis
Postdoctoral Researcher in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Lab management made easy with SciNote

Kommentare: SciNote has changed the way I organized my research notes. There is a learning curve, and it relies on the user's good habits to function properly. That said, the effort to getting used to it is worth it. SciNote helps not only following a complex research project but also organizing the protocols and results for the results.

Inventories, protocols, and project workflows that are easy to manage and to share with team members.

It lacks a to-do list and chats application that could improve it's functionality when notebooks are shared with a team.

Antwort von SciNote

Thank you for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that inventories, protocols, and project workflows are bringing the benefit to your lab. Thank you!

Brandon
Research Associate in USA
Biotechnologie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great ELN, but needs some updates

The software is pretty easy to use! Our company really likes how online Microsoft Office is integrated if you have a business account. Also, we really appreciate the ability to save files and formulate reports.

Something that we would really like are better tables integrated into procedures or just directly having excel sheets embedded. This really helps out with planning out qPCR experiments! A small thing would be automatically populating the filename being uploaded to SciNote with the filename that is assigned to it prior to upload, this would save a lot of time especially with experiments that have a lot of files/pictures.

Antwort von SciNote

Thank you for the review and adding your suggestions for possible improvements in the future. We highly appreciate it!

Richard
Head of Computational Group in Kanada
Pharmazeutika, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Pros and cons summary

Activity tracking. View the most of documents directly through Scinote.

The stock management does not automatically track stocks based on its uses indicated in related protocols. The integration with Office software is nice. However, it requires commercial licenses of Office in order to edit the documents using online or local Office app and the documents still can be synchronised to the Scinote.

Antwort von SciNote

Thank you for the review, we appreciate that activity tracking is bringing value to your lab. Thank you! (Commercial licenses of Microsoft Office are under Microsoft's control).