Über Vectorworks Landmark

Die Landmark-Software von Vectorworks bietet Landschaftsarchitekt*innen, Designer*innen und urbanen Planer*innen eine Plattform, auf der sie eigenhändig Entwürfe gestalten können.

Erfahre mehr über Vectorworks Landmark

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie Vectorworks Landmark bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Valarie V.
Valarie V.
Project Director in Australien
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy and Powerful Landscaping Platform.

Kommentare: Landscaping and easy irrigation tracking solution, that provides excellent design options for the landscape 3D design production.

Powerful BIM solution which provides Architects and Engineers with excellent landscaping design and planning functions. The easy interface to manipulate the system, excellent data import capabilities and to schedule using the software.

The tool has nothing to dislike, with experienced Architect, the rest can effective be perfect through the platform.

Eric B.
Landscape Architect in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Satisfied Landscape Architect Looking for More

Kommentare: I consider myself a true Vectorworks power user and I generally really like the software. I don't think that any other BIM options exist for full scale landscape architecture practice, but that doesn't mean they wont appear. I worry that Vectorworks, if it doesn't focus on the key user experience and demands, trying to boost performance in many of the fundamental aspects of the software (speed, documentation, etc.) it will be surpassed by another company that does or has more resources to devote to these issues. Overall, very pleased, just wanting more.

I think the BIM/modeling capabilities of the software are impressive and on track for where platforms need to be to compete in the growing technologically integrated, data intensive design workspace.

I feel the program makes certain workflows complex and others too simple. More attention needs to be devoted to large scale landscape architecture project and workflows and needs. If it scales to the maximum it can easily be scaled back for less complicated situations. Additionally I really feel attention needs to be paid to speed and file size. The more data intensive a design gets, the software often results in longer than acceptable lags, openings, crashes, simple tasks. The creates a dilemma for the designer, do I or do I not invest in a workflow upfront that potentially could help down the line, but may cause the software to break and lose the entire investment. On a practical level, more resources need to be dedicated to enhancing the documentation side of the software. Text, notes, internal links, details, viewports, etc. are all things that are fundamental to our everyday workflow, but many of them haven't been updated in years or operate in truly efficient BIM ways. Often it seems like VW caters its development time to the new exciting tools and less to fine tuning and perfecting the tools that have been there forever that need the most help. I hope this changes.

Andrea M.
Landscape Designer and Owner in USA

The good and the bad

Kommentare: I think the program has a lot of capabilities, but some functions don't work as easy as they should. Some things are not as intuitive as they should be. It is a good program with many features and is overall helpful, but as you you can see there are also many frustrations that come with it. Overall, I like it and wouldn't change because we are heavily invested in it at this point. I do believe it is the best program for what we do - landscape and hardscape design-build, but also believe there is a better way for many features and tech support.

Capabilities of the program are immense. Visualization for designers and clients is great. I love every drawing being in color and capability of doing 3d visualization in the same program. Customization is also a bonus. I love the rotate plan tool, color symbols, 3d (although this is a total pain to use most of the time), and customization options. Many useful drawing tools as well. The sales guys are nice and helpful when needed. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] answers emails and ?'s MUCH faster than tech support. Training is good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] knows it all and is a great resource too. Highly recommend the training as soon as you begin the program. The Summit is also a great learning experience and a great opportunity to meet with other designers while upping your VW game at the same time.

It took entirely too long to set up - should come with a landscape template, symbols, and useable worksheets and some amount of training. I did the Core Concepts and Intermediate Training courses and those were helpful. The program often stalls, no matter how nice the computer, the blue circle of death is very irritating. Service Select doesn't answer in a timely manner (usually at least a week when I've already completed a project by the time they FINALLY call/email back). Very little, good up to date resources on You Tube and in help menu. They do training ALL THE TIME, why not share those videos and organize and market them for users? We've had many private training sessions, and I'd be more than willing to share those with others who have the same ?'s. Seems like some basic things aren't set up correctly. I've spent more than 2 years creating my library and would LOVE to share that with others (of course for a fee because we've invested heavily in it - to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars of time, resources, etc.). If you have time and patience, creating library is okay. When you change to a new version, you have to resave every drawing - UGH - and then find your library and reattach, etc etc so I have to call EVERY year which is annoying to get that set back up.

Jon D.
Landscape Architect/Land Planner in USA
Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig

Great Software

Kommentare: I have had no business issues with VW since I got the program in 2011. The company has a great program for owners of the software with extensive learning capabilities. The initial purchase price of the program is very reasonable and the annual support thru Vectorworks Service Select gives me unlimited support and I alwys get the most up to date versions. The very best thing about the company is that I own the license and I am not dealing with a subscription.

I use the Landmark version with render works. I am pleased with the ability of the software to allow the import of base data from virtually any other site program. While most of my work is in land planning I do use the landscape architecture elements in planting plans and site studies for my clients. This is the best landscape architecture based program I have ever found that was inclusive with 2d and 3d drawings and modeling, BIM ready, and full rendering capability built in for a great price. The VSS portal allows immediate access to technical support. They answer quickly and they are always willing to spend whatever time it takes to solve your issue.

I was an Autodesk user for over thirty years when I first acquired the software in 2011. There was a learning curve to get adapted to the VW way of working but I was in good shape within three months. I was functional with the product after the initial 40 hour basics class. The learning curve was the only con I could think of.

Susan F.
Principal Designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Full picture in one drawing

Kommentare: The service has been incredible, especially with you hiring a Landscape Architect who really understands what I am trying to do and helps me realize my vision to present to my clients in a much more comprehensive way. Thank you!

I love the ability to turn on and off layers, so I can really see what is going on at different levels and make sure that everything is working together to create a fantastic experience for the client.

There is a LOT to learn to really use this product to it's fullest potential.

Catherine W.
Landscape Designer in USA
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best design tool for landscape designers

Kommentare: I love how it can give me a plant count for estimating. And the symbols are all editable for whatever style you want, or you can pick from a head-spinning array of choices already there.

If you know Adobe Illustrator, this is a cross between CAD and Illustrator. The tools are somewhat intuitive. We had personal training sessions that helped tremendously. The support for this product is outstanding.

There is still a steep learning curve. We have yet to tackle all the 3D features.

Helen F.
LANDSCAPE DESIGNER in USA
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Why blend in when you can stand out?

Kommentare: I struggled to learn the tips and tricks. Classes and tutorials I think are a must. I did it on my own and that made it more difficult than it needed to be.

I love the quality of the deliverables we can produce for our clients with Vectorworks. Plans are colorful and easy to read.

If you trained in Autocad there's a bit of an adjustment retraining yourself. But customer service with Service Select is a huge help.

Karen M.
CEO in USA
Design, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

LOVE THIS SOFTWARE - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Kommentare: Vectorworks Landmark has taken my company to a new level We used to produce all of our drawings by hand which were beautiful but very time consuming Vectorworks ha given us the ability to produce design plans that are top level in their appearance

The professional quality of results The customization for different industries - for instance we use the Landscape version

Not sure- I don't use it myself. There isn't anything that I am aware of that I would list as a shortcoming. I think this product is excellent.

Felipe M.
Felipe M.
ingeniero civil in Venezuela

With this program planners and public planners can design, create and model landscapes and urban pla

Kommentare: It is a software that, unlike others, works with real data from the geographic coordinates of the site, which allows a real study of what is going to be represented, allows connectivity with other formats to be able to import files among other advantages.

This software allows me to manage the design in all its phases, from the design or initial idea, to the presentations. It uses the data of the site, accepting the geographic information systems. It allows the modeling of the land and study of slopes. You can create floor plans with natural elements, as it has a library with green areas, trees, plants and other elements such as pavement and walls. Files are imported and exchanged with other programs and formats such as DXF, DWG or DWF. From the models I can make rendes that I can take them to other formats such as pdf, jpg, tif, among others.

It requires a PC with a good ram memory capacity (from 4 to 8 GB) and a 64 bit processor since in computers with lower capacities it tends to perform the functions in a slow way. The graphics card must be of high performance, in otherwise the rendering of images will be limited.

Thomas M.

Best for Me

I have used VW since its first release and Landmark when it became available as a single program. All yearly updates and improvements ran smoothly year to year. It is the consistency that is always there and I choose what new elements I wish to incorporate into my designs. I probably only use 50% of what is in the program but that is my choice for the type of drawings I do. The support is excellent.

For me, as a Landmark user, the plant database is not as complete as I would like to see. However, my Designs use the newest of trees, shrubs, and perennials on the market but all are not found in the database. I am okay with that due to it not being a problem.

Linda M.
President in USA

Small Design Office

Kommentare: The ability to communicate our ideas clearly and effectively thru drawings and models is imperative to our client base. Creating a set of resources that we commonly use minimizes the time spent recreating objects over and over. Vectorworks is not for the casual user, it is too complex. Using it as a drafting tool is a waste of time and money ; harvesting the power of the tools , graphic presentations, reporting and 3-D capabilities is what makes Vectorworks an asset for us.

As a small design office, we have to have the ability to create concept plans quickly. From the concept plan, we can quickly create AND modify irrigation, lighting, layout, and planting plans with consistency from project to project. We have the ability to provide accurate material schedules and descriptions and high quality drawings for our clients. If the project requires 3-D renderings or site modeling, we have that capability. Designing in 3-D can avoid costly mistakes in concept development ; the tools and ability to customize objects (or NOT) make complex designs easier for a small firm. Service Select is a great option for us since we are our own IT department.

We try to implement as many of the tools that the software offers, but at times it is overwhelming. With some tools, you can get lost in the settings and options, something we call the 'Inception' effect (referring to the movie, of course). Graphic stability is often an issue - we do maintain our graphics processors and memory over and above the recommended hardware recommendations and we experience graphic stability issues at least once a day.

Lisa B.
designer in USA

Vectorworks for Residential Landscape Design

Kommentare: It took me a very long time, 2 years to really learn it so that I really felt comfortable using it. I have had a lot of help in the recent months from another designer and now feel like I have a good template and am using the layers and classes correctly. I wish that VW would send out sample templates for residential landscape design and tutorials on the general architecture of the program. The tutorials I have watched are very nische and there was nothing general in the beginning for novices to use to get started. I feel I wasted a lot of time trying to get a good system that works for me.

I like that I can easily make revisions in my work and send plans digitally. I was hand drawing for many years.

There was no class I could take from the local community colleges to learn the software. I did not have anyone to help me set up a template. I don't like the plant symbols. They are overly detailed and not diverse enough. The plant data base is not useful because it does not contain plants that I use. I have heard that the pant schedules generated from the program are not useful because they are so lengthy. The plant tags are also sometimes hard to control. There is no way to italicize parts of the plant names on the tags which is critical if you want to look professional in this business.

Michael H.
Executive Vice President in USA
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Good product for landscape design/build

Kommentare: Preparing a landscape design for most projects is easy to achieve.

Ease of starting to use the product for new users. Having 3d symbols that can be modified is a great help. Developing 3d images is not too difficult. Some of the advanced design presentation features are difficult to implement.

It's very complex and learning how to use advanced features is complicated, like any complex piece of design software. More recent upgrades decrease functionality of basic features (like standard fonts)

Tina K.
Owner, Designer in USA

Professional, powerful software

Kommentare: My designs completely impress my clients and set my installers at ease. Measuring, take-offs and schedules are so quick to make. 3D views are really helpful.

Works with Mac 3D site modeling Planting and hardscape schedules

Learning curve, especially with site modeling

Robin P.
Principal in USA

Cad based Landscape design program

Kommentare: I am able to provide complex plans with an ease of process when changes are needed along the way .

The ability to present professional presentations with a wide variety of sophisticated tools allow me to demonstrate my plans in an effective manner. I also love that landmark works with a number of different platforms.

The deep layers of tools take a substantial amount of time to learn.

David P.
VP of Landscape Architecture and Planning in USA
Architektur & Planung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Powerful and easy to use Landscape Design software

Kommentare: Like most software it's a love hate relationship. It works great and does what I need most of the time. I would like to be more proficient but the investment in learning all the features is time consuming.

Many features with record information attached. Graphic symbols are great.

It crashes my computer too often. Sharing with AutoCad users is still a challenge.

Duane P.
President in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Landmark

Kommentare: We use Landmark for 2500 acre land planning sites and residential courtyards. We have begun using GIS capabilities for large scale work and still prefer the graphic capabilities for our residential clients.

The simplicity. Easy to use. I can do anything in one application.

Shifting to 3D is not as easy as it appears in the videos.

Maralee O.
Landscape Architect in USA
Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig

Still like this better than AutoCAD

How easy it is to use when I'm working solo on a project.

Titleblock template customization, difficulty importing CAD files from engineers/architects (hard to match coordinates).

Rick L.
Owner & Principal in Mexiko

Vectorworks

Kommentare: I solve multiple problems with this software, it is easy to use and figures out computations for doing bids, etc.

Ease of use, it is very intuitive and there are multiple ways to achieve the same result. It will do ANYTHING that the human mind can imagine...its 3-D capability is easy to use and gets through directly to the client.

Nothing...all functions/features work fine.

Kristen M.
Designer in USA
Design, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Vectorworks Landmark

Kommentare: Does what I need. Clients like finished product.

Landmark is generally specific to the Landscape Design Industry/Process

Quirky. Sometimes crashes. What you see on the screen does not always print. Graphics for plant symbols could be more realistic/hand-drawn. Reports are not always logical.

Haley K.
Event Operations Manager in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Recommend to more advanced designers

Kommentare: Overall, Vectorworks Landmark is an incredible tool for architects and designers. Although it takes a lot of practice to master, the company offers lots of training around the country and online to better familiarize with the software.

Vectorworks is incredible for creating thorough renderings, layouts, modeling and site designs. It allows you a high level of customization in your designs.

Vectorworks Landmark, and the other Vectorworks products are great to use, but take a considerable amount of time to learn. I would recommend utilizing some of the learning tools and live classes VW offers to get a grasp of the software.

Kevin C.
Executive PM in USA

Shop Drawings/ 3D printing

Kommentare: Its been a good system for us that covers a few bases. Mac and PC users, simple renderings, 3D printed design, and shop drawings.

Its easy to make drawing sets that look good, which is important for us. I find it intuitive to draw in 3D and to work with layouts.

It typially works, but takes time to learn the best way to work back and forth with other file formats when collaborating.

Matthew W.
Vice President in USA
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Extremely happy with our choice

Kommentare: We decided to make the jump into a software design program as opposed to hand drawing as we have always done. This was in hopes of increased productivity and 2D and 3D rendering capabilities, I researched multiple options before deciding on Landmark and so far so good. We are still in the implementation and training stage, but are looking forward to putting this to use in the upcoming season.

Very easy to pickup for first time user. Staff has been great to work with when it comes to answering questions and training. Love the rendering capability of the software. Nice to work with something that is MAC based.

We have only been training with the software and using for a little over a month, but so far nothing really to complain about.