Communication reduces staff frustration and is the key to excellent customer service!

Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Lisa S.
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Exceptional. Karbon continually makes improvements to their products. They look for suggestions from the users and are happy to accommodate finding a solution for a specialized request.

Vorteile: Our staff enjoys the Triage function and visibility of communication most about Karbon. With having a team approach to most of our client work, it's important for everyone to know details from client interactions. This has helped us to be more efficient, batching questions and keeping us from contacting the client repeatedly for the same thing. It has essentially helped us provide better customer service while making our team more efficient.

Nachteile: I would like to have more options of labeling clients, helping to narrow down a specific group of clients to target for an email message or reporting purposes. Filter work by work title instead of work type.

The Superman-Batman-Crocodile Dundee-Indiana Jones-Dog Whisperer of Team Communication and Project Mgmt Tool

Bewertet am 12.7.2017
Mariel D.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Have you ever wanted ONE SPOT to check email, delegate task, manage projects and customers? Karbon is IT. NOthing else compares to this robust, all inclusive system. Forget Twist and Slack, and your gmail or outlook, zendesk and all the rest. This program, while made for the accounting industry, is the perfect solution for any industry, and even a single individual could use it, but it shines with many users. No more multiple things to check and manage, it's all in one place. From Triage, you empty your inbox for email and @ tags from within the system and assign emails to other team members, create work from emails, and all correspondence tracks back to both contacts and pieces of work, so nothing is ever lost or hard to search. This is the most intelligent productivity solution available; I've tried many to disappointing results and now will stay with Karbon and not continue to look further. You can see work for the whole business, for yourself, and separately for your team. You can assign work to others, you can even assign tasks to clients and people outside your team, so they have their own checklist, which has comments and attachments - no more 10k emails! You can break down work into sections with different checklists and assign each task it's own team member and due date. You can drag and drop tasks to different dates. You can have templates for work to make creating work easy. You can make client tasks in these templates and also schedule repeating work. I can't go on, there are too many things that are amazing about this program. Do yourself a favor and try it out. I put it off for 8 months and after 2 days was hooked. 5 months later, it just keeps getting better and easier as we get more proficient using the program to its full potential. AMAZING! Nothing less than Amazing. Nothing slips through the cracks with Karbon.

Vorteile: Everything about Karbon.

Nachteile: They have both of these on their Fall 2017 roadmap: 1) time clock for job/client/employee time tracking (which is the only other external program we now use and can't wait to only use Karbon for everything); 2) Canned Responses (template emails plug & play). Coming soon, and I can deal with these cons because of everything else has saved so much time.

Practice Management made easy

Bewertet am 5.6.2019
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Practice management, staff management, job management, email management - it delivers all that I wanted in one app. What I would love is if the time tracking integration was not limited to tsheets as I have tested tsheets and it is more of a payroll focussed time management tool as opposed to a billing tool or tracking of job efficiencies tool - I would prefer if this integration was expanded to include a tool like Harvest for this purpose. Also if it could integrate with Xero HQ that would be wonderful as well as WorkflowMax just didnt work for me in terms of my logic or reasoning so I use Harvest with Practice Ignition and Karbon with only Harvest and Practice Ignition integrating with Xero - if I could get all 4 to talk to each other it would make my life a lot simpler and achieve better management

Vorteile: I am constantly writing out "to do lists" and then I get to the end of the week and I need to consolidate those lists to make sure nothing drops off - with Karbon I always have my to do list available and up to date. I also enjoy the fact that i have better control of my e-mails and previously where I forwarded a mail to a staff member by way of delegating it to them i had no way of checking that the mail was attended to unless I added it to my to do list - whereas now I can add it to their to do list and monitor whether or not it was completed

Nachteile: there is a quite a bit of set up involved in terms of getting the work templates in place but that is to be expected I guess - although once set up those work templates will serve as a sort of process manual so it kills two birds with one stone - its just where I am a small practice the time taken to get all set up will take longer as it is only me setting it up in between still trying to manage practice and keep up to date with client work

Not worth the money - there are lots of other options

Bewertet am 5.4.2018
Amy P.
Bookkeeper
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I hope it's improved since I tried using it. I know Karbon has a lot of positive reviews, and it has always confused me because I liked a lot of the other project management applications we looked at better than it. But who knows - maybe my brain just doesn't work right for this particular piece of software.

Vorteile: It's a good-looking, flashy app. I liked being able to assign emails to coworkers and clients and my own tasks. Full disclosure: we used this for about three months at my company and then abandoned it. It just was not helpful to us.

Nachteile: My list of complaints about Karbon is long. Mostly, I feel like they hint at features that only technically exist. For example, Karbon integrates with QuickBooks Online, but I cannot understand why. It doesn't pull in relevant company information from QBO - not even company addresses. Those have to be manually entered. And yes, you can read your emails in Karbon, but you lose a lot of Gmail functionality when you make the switch: you can't sort emails into folders, save contacts into segmented lists, etc. Emails aren't even marked as read in Gmail! And, Karbon doesn't sync your contacts from Gmail. It brings in everyone you've emailed with. This is not helpful and extremely messy. There is no Google Calendar sync, which is what I use to sync my iCalendar and send my times and dates to all of my devices. So I just found Karbon really frustrating, especially at the price point - I feel like a lot was promised that wasn't delivered.

Karbon is a great practice organizer!

Bewertet am 2.5.2019
Seema D.
Marketing and Client Care
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Overall we enjoy the product, we use it to manage our projects, time and communication internally. It has been a great addition to our practice and has allowed us more efficient onboarding, ease of access to information and is a great collaborative team tool.

Vorteile: Karbon helps our firm stay on top of work items and allows us to share items between colleagues while avoiding lengthy email chains. Its a practical approach to creating standardized work, assigning tasks and having accountability. We love the integrations with other software applications that we use, it has truly made our workflow smoother and more transparent for the whole team.

Nachteile: Sometimes we don't necessarily want to create a new work item- Like if we were visiting a set of client for a marketing initiative- we would want to record the visits but would like a way to do this without creating a work item.

Karbon simply rocks my world!

Bewertet am 8.5.2019
Katrina S.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I am able to onboard clients quicker and provide a more seem less entrance to our workflow.
Staff are able to collaborate and share work more effectively while I see the overall plan of work from beginning to end.
I start and end my day in Karbon and could not live without it to run my business.

Vorteile: Karbon is intuitive and flexible in it's approach to managing our workflow.
Their support is on hand if we need it anytime.
Using Karbon has revolutionised our Workflow and enabled us to increase efficiency and visibility over the team.

Nachteile: In the beginning Karbon set up and customisation can seem a little daunting

Accounting Practice App of the future

Bewertet am 11.5.2019
Natalie L.
Founder & Director
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Karbon allows total transparency across the entire practice allowing us to maximise efficiencies and streamline processes. We couldn’t work without it!

Vorteile: We love that all emails are shared with the entire team and that at any one time we can also view the status of any piece of work. The checklists for both our team and our clients are also revolutionary in terms of the way we work.

Nachteile: The reporting functionality is lacking. No calendar view of tasks.

Amazing!

Bewertet am 1.5.2019
Chad r. N.
Senior Account Manager
Buchhaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Internal communication is much cleaner and everyone is on the same page about what needs to be done. Easily track outstanding items and deadlines!

Vorteile: No more sticky notes! Easily delegate tasks between team members and no more missing deadlines! I don't know what I would do without Karbon!

Nachteile: If I had to pick one thing, it would be that not everyone uses it!

Karbon fan

Bewertet am 1.5.2019
Managing Director

Vorteile: 1) Easily triage my emails and turn them into tasks
2) Collaborate on emails and tasks with employees seamlessly
3) Monitor workflow and job status of employees via dashboards and reports in Karbon
4) Document detailed procedures for staff and clients and easily roll out across all jobs

Nachteile: Does not have a calendar view to manage meeting invites

Karbon Review

Bewertet am 5.3.2019
Kylie S.
Accountant
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It’s a one stop shop for organizing your work. You have your work, tasks, contact information, and all of your clients in one software.

Nachteile: It has to be set up perfectly, or exporting data isn’t as user friendly.

Huge Potential to help me support the accountants in my firm

Bewertet am 31.5.2018
Elizabeth M.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: My Motto for every day is "How can I help you today" and Karbon is my best asset For helping others. When the accountants in our office need a report or need to know if something has been done and they are too busy to check I can filter All Work in KARBON and bring it down to the file they are looking for in a very short time. I can have their answer back to them quickly and in a manner, they can use. I can check for each client what tasks are overdue and through notes on the file keep all the involved managers and partners aware of timing for their involvement in the file. When you learn to use the filters correctly the information you need is easily accessed and up to the minute. Karbon and I work as a team to send emails, keep notes, report findings, and make sure that "no client ever falls through the cracks - and calls to say "you forgot this - now I have to pay a penalty..."

Nachteile: Until you learn that the secret key to Karbon is FILTER - FILTER - FILTER then it is almost too big a program and under-utilized by a number of people. One of our senior partners summed it up like this "Imagine the only way you have to communicate to the office is through the KANBAN view in KARBON" this view teaches you to make notes, share emails, FILTER All Work and generally get as upclose to the file as you can so all the participants can work on any file in the company confidently knowing that they are working with the latest information. The only true Con is the magnitude of the learning curve. But with the seminars and help articles, you can feel supported and know you are not alone. There are many people who can help you out. There are WAY more pros than cons - really.

Revolutionary accounting software that, if used to its full, will transform your practice or firm.

Bewertet am 13.3.2018
Practice Manager
Buchhaltung

Kommentare: Increased visibility of all projects and undertakings in the practice. Ability to monitor deadlines and schedule reminders.
The automated aspect of the software is an indispensable quality for our industry and the option to create client tasks which are housed in their own space (outside of email threads where they often end up getting lost or missed) and the automatic reminders that underpin these, have transform our service delivery times and accountability measures.

Vorteile: The templates for work items which serve as company systems and procedures as well as project management allows us to monitor staff performance while resting assured that work is completed accurately and timely.
We have more visibility than ever before and the software promotes the creation of new work in a way which defines 'how' it should be completed and so we now have operating systems and checklists for all our work. We know exactly what is and isn't being done.

Nachteile: Integration with 3rd party applications is still quite limited - we find ourselves duplicating data entry in some areas.
It would be great if the software allowed the use of custom fields to record data not currently catered for by the preset data fields.

The Project Management Tool that Manages YOU!

Bewertet am 31.5.2018
Diane O.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: It's completely streamlined our business, increased profitability and reduced time wasted on looking for things, or duplicating tasks. It's really easy to setup and maintain and you don't need an administrator to manage it for you. We have much more control over our emails now, assigning them to work and colleagues and setting up work such as on-boarding, system setup, or IAS and BAS is a breeze using templates. Client tasks help us receive information from clients in a more timely manner. There are too many features to list! But I'd pretty much tried everything on the market prior to Karbon and this - well it just ticks ALL the boxes and does what it's meant to do!

Nachteile: I'd love to be able to pin a note to the top of the work timelime. But that's not really a con, it's just a feature request!!!

What a great practice management Tool!

Bewertet am 14.6.2018
Dayna A.
Director of Client Accounting Services
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Karbon is a such a great tool for our team communication and overall management of our business. It helps to keep everyone on our team in the know with regards to what is happening with our clients with the easy to use features of assigning tasks, creating to-do lists & checklists, and following up on work. It's also helped take following up with clients off of our plate with their "assign to clients" feature that includes auto-reminders! Our team acclimated to Karbon rather quickly and they continue get excited when learning about new features. I do need to mention that the customer support is excellent! Our questions/needs are responded to almost immediately. Lastly, Karbon is continually adding features and listening to what their customers are asking for...and it shows with their updates that are frequently being communicated. In short...WE LOVE KARBON

Nachteile: The only outstanding items right now are Outlook & TSheets features. We'd like to see folders in Karbon for ease of access and organization with emails, along outlook calendar visibility. We'd also like the ability to edit time in Karbon to avoid having to open up the TSheets application to view/edit. But I know they are diligently working on adding additional features and I'm hopeful that we aren't too far away from these.

Game Changer!

Bewertet am 3.2.2017
Karen B.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I don't know how I managed my clients and jobs before Karbon ... I know it was a struggle! With Karbon, it is so easy to keep track of what you are doing for each client with all correspondence and documents relating to those jobs attached to each piece of work. You can search for jobs, emails, work etc, create To-Do lists, assign work to colleagues and so much more. I can recommend this app to all professional service businesses, particularly bookkeeping and accounting practices.

Vorteile: Super easy to set up
Very responsive support
Makes scheduling work very easy
Makes keeping on top of ad-hoc jobs and regular jobs very, very easy
Constant innovation and improvement of the app
Keeps all correspondence and emails relating to each job in one place
Searchable emails, work, contacts etc

Nachteile: I can't think of any cons!

Essential Product for Accounting Workflow Management and Team Efficiency

Bewertet am 7.11.2017
Chantal M.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I love the system in general. The personal training for team members was amazing. Additionally, it is wonderful to work with a company that really listens to feedback and suggestions. There are constant improvements and upgrades that the development team rolls out based on customer needs. All of the above combined with the basic features have made the product addictive! I truly cannot imagine my workday without Karbon.

Nachteile: It's a big investment for a small firm. I wish that the cost would come down a bit. However, if used properly this product can increase efficiency assisting to create capacity within a firm. It was also difficult to get full team "buy-in". There is a lot of initial set-up required to create full usability; however, once the time is invested it pays HUGE dividends by way of efficiency and standardized processes.

I have been looking for a product like Karbon for the 7 years. Now I have it!

Bewertet am 5.4.2017
Darren M.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Karbon is the answer to all our problems. We have struggled with other software in the past. We have always found we needed to change the way that we do things to fit the system, rather than the system suit the way we do things. With Karbon we don't need to change anything. It suits the way we work. It has a huge amount of flexibility without being so flexible you don't know where to start. You just get started and go from there. There is no huge learning curve and even if you do need help the Support is fantastic.

Nachteile: None. There is nothing to say other than positive things. Even if there were some the Karbon team are very approachable about new features or tweaks.

Task Management - We're now at our best!

Bewertet am 15.5.2017
Fee B.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Thanks to Karbon, we are totally organised and know where we're at all times. With each email, you can either clear from the triage or assign to a colleague with a due date of expected completion which is attached to a piece of work. You will never forget a task again. Their search function make's it easy to locate information from many different platforms within Karbon. Karbon is so user friendly and their support team is the best I've ever experience. Can't rate this product high enough.

Nachteile: No time tracking - but I know it's coming as they listen to their users. Karbon are always looking at ways to improve their product.

Excellent Management Tool

Bewertet am 21.8.2018
Michael M.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Allows for a highly organized system for all facets of your business. Having the ability to delegate and assign work, check on the progress of each task by creating checklists, and have your email filtered in so that nothing is overlooked has been immensely helpful to our business.

Nachteile: I suppose depending on the size of your team, it can get expensive, however I do believe the benefit and time savings would outweigh the cost. I would also like to see a better notification system when checklists have items left unchecked for more than the duration of the job post. This would help prevent steps being overlooked or ignored.

An app that keeps us organized and on top of our workflow

Bewertet am 7.6.2018
Randall O.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: The workflow management using Kanban just makes it so easy to see what needs to be today, tomorrow and in the future. Workflow templates are an awesome way to get organized and allow for an efficient way to get client work done. The checklist format in work templates is great, one of our staff setup a complicated payroll for a client via a template that now anyone can go in and do that client's payroll without wonder if they missed something. Definitely a must have app for accounting workflow.

Nachteile: No custom fields ability, we send out birthday cards to our clients and we can't keep track of that in Karbon at the moment.
Email scheduler so we can do up an email and schedule to send it out later.
Email templates would be a great feature too.

Easy to use software, awesome customer support and pleasant onboarding experience.

Bewertet am 7.11.2017
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: The software is so simple but yet so amazingly powerful. You don't have to spend hours and hours getting it set up. You can just jump right in and use it and then add more as you get familiar with the software. So many times I have to invest tens of hours to get an application set up only to be frustrated that it is not functional weeks after purchase. With Karbon you can just jump right in and start using it and refine it as you learn and use the software. The onboarding team is amazing and very responsive. Customer support is the best I have ever experienced. Available 24/7 and immediately responsive. This experience will be the one I measure all others by, from now on everyone must meet the Karbon Standard.

Project Management Tool Tailored to Accountants

Bewertet am 10.7.2018
Lead Consultant
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: This tool is so flexible and customizable; it could be set up to fit the needs of many different accounting firms, and even businesses outside of accounting looking for project management. It is great that it links to your email so you can add to-dos directly from emails. You can also communicate within the team through notes, and store all communication with clients in one place. From a management perspective, you can slice and dice work items in many different ways (by team member, client, type of work, status of work, etc). This tool will really do most anything you need in terms of project management.

Nachteile: I could get nitpicky and say I wish the scheduled work was more flexible in naming conventions and dates (for instance I want this work to be due every 1st Monday of the month). And it would be really great if you could get auto notifications when work or tasks were completed, or if tasks could be dependent on each other. Otherwise, as long as you spend a little time on the front end designing how you want it to work for you, Karbon is great.

Good Project Management - Still Needs a Little Work

Bewertet am 8.3.2018
Alison M.
Tax & HR Associate

Vorteile: I like that the app looks great, it has really great potential to be the perfect project management software in the future. I use it as a checklist for all my work items. The client task option is also great for reminding our clients of outstanding items we need from them.

Nachteile: It's slow to load your work and sometimes work gets lost in the To-do's if they aren't assigned correctly by your colleagues (which is common when we are really busy). Karbon is willing to take our comments and ideas into consideration and always have great customer service.

Karbon has taken me to another level.

Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Bryce H.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I've been looking for a solution like Karbon for a few years. I'm a sole trader right in the middle of 52 different financial year end client jobs (I am juggling 52 clients in a 10 day window right now). I am normally out of control at this time of year, but I have found time write this. Each job is scheduled, I know who is waiting for who, how many hours I need and importantly the dollars to flow in. All emails around these jobs are connected to the job. If the jobs have issues (as they are doing as I type), I can move the timing easily and make notes. Generally extra work flows from these jobs and I can now slot that into a future, less crazy time, and it won't be missed. In the past, year end has been a highly stressful, unpleasant time, but I am in control. I've used CRMs before but they were sales focused and I needed work focused. I'm in for the long haul with Karbon.

Nachteile: I am looking forward to ongoing product development. I've seen great new features in the first 3 months already.

No excuse to forget a piece of work again

Bewertet am 13.2.2017
Lielette C.
Director | Small Business Cloud Accounting Advisor
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Karbon has been instrumental in shifting our practice from working in silo's to working as a cohesive team. From on boarding new clients to projects and regular compliance work we have it all covered now with Karbon. I rarely use my email Outlook folder. Training the brain to open Karbon daily was an initial challenge but once you overcome that hurdle you can't imagine running a business without it. I wish Karbon was around when I was a Sole Practioner as it would have expedited our growth rapidly. There are new features being added each week which is great for us.

Vorteile: On boarding process was fantastic
Great training provided
The team at Karbon are always willing to answer any question
Integrates with our QBO file.

Nachteile: A little pricy but so too is losing clients because you forgot to lodge their BAS or something important.