Über DNSFilter

DNSFilter dient dem Schutz vor Bedrohungen und filtert Inhalte für IT-Experten.

Erfahre mehr über DNSFilter

Choosing what will be filtered could also not be simpler. All of the functions are clearly displayed and easy to configure.

I would not be telling the truth if I would claim there is something is company is doing wrong.

Bewertungen zu DNSFilter

DNSFilter hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 84 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du DNSFilter bereits verwendet?

Gabino
Gabino
President in UK

Excellent

Simple to install and it actually works !! Support is excellent always prompt and knowledgeable. And the override button sorts out any issues

No fixed per month fee and sometimes bank websites don't work and need to be whitelisted. Otherwise it would be nice to have separate password levels for accessing websites

Kevin
CEO/President in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

DNSFilter is a great solution for the first layer of security

The ability to offer it to my clients and their MSP program. It is very easy to deploy it to my clients, easy to bill and manage.

In the beginning the reporting wasn't as well as I'd like but it has evolved.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product - but if I wanted to be stuck with email-only support I'd use Umbrella

Kommentare: Content filtering with exclusions (teachers can get to facebook but students can't)

Flexible deployment with a mix of DNS and software client base deployment options...

Support is email only - and inadequate when you have a K-12 client who needs an answer quickly.

Antwort von DNSFilter

I apologize for your thoughts on e-mail only support. For what it's worth, please note that for customers who are Tier 2 and above we do start to offer chat and phone support.

Gregg
CEO in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great filter for MSPs to offer

Kommentare: We have been using the service since day one and it has been great to see how far it has come over the years. Truly a great service.

With one panel we can admin all of our clients and protect the users from many different threats.

With the addition of the client on the workstations giving detailed reporting, there is not much else we could want other than maybe even more detailed reporting.

Ali
Network Administrator in Kanada

DNS Filter review

Kommentare: DNS Filter is amazing tool to have as a MSP. It adds another layer of security for our clients. We have been using it for past 2-3 years for all of our clients and it seems to do its job.

Easy to implement. Easy to navigate GUI.

Reporting can be better and better granular reporting per end point.

Anthony
Anthony
IT Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Went from usage to user pricing... Not impressed

It's easy to use. Cloud DNS filtering that was cheaper than an appliance? Great!

They changed the pricing model from usage based (Which they were so proud of) to user based. We have lots of users and many volunteers with little usage. This pricing strategy invalidates any reason to use this company over the competition.

, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy and very helpful

Filtering at a great price, It is easy to setup and select the filters you need for that particular site and I love the branding feature

Does not have an option for School Filtering, I use this application to filter schools and home internet but I have to also use K9 filtering because this doesn't cover it all and sometimes SSL could not be filtered

Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Simple cheap content filtering

Kommentare: DNSFilter provided a quick and easy way to add security to our company network.

Very easy to setup, cheaper than the competition, and provides an easy way to secure your network

We had a few problems with the chrome os support, but dnsfilter were helpful resolving them.

Levon
Levon
VP in USA

Layers of Security

Kommentare: We use DNSFilter at our clients sites as part of a standard "Border" security set. It is used along side Hardware Web Filtering, Malware/AV scanning, etc. It is great to add as an additional layer, as well as having the client software on roaming laptops help us protect these devices when they are on the go!

Ease of integrating into customer sites.

At this point, there is nothing I do not like.

Lucas
Lucas
Director in Australien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great DNS security product for endpoints and routers

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

We wanted a product we could deploy at the router level, DNS Filter provided that ability and a very easy to use UI and Dashboard.

At this stage we are yet to find anything we do not like.

Christopher
Helpdesk Manager in USA
Computer-Vernetzung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The product has been solid and works perfect for our needs so far.

Kommentare: Malware protection, end user surfing auditing, and general organization protection.

Ease of use and the fact that there is an agent that allows me to create filters per user. This is very useful.

There is no way to submit requests to a "wish list" in the panel or in general. If possible I would like a button in the panel where I could submit ideas for improvements. I would also like to be able to add my own RBL servers to the filtering.

Antwort von DNSFilter

Hey Christopher -- Thanks for your feedback! Actually we have always had a feedback function on the site where you can suggest, and upvote features. If you click your image in the upper right, there's a 'Feature Request' dropdown. You can also visit it directly here: https://app.dnsfilter.com/feature-request

Group IT Manager in Thailand
Versicherung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

DNSFilter Review

Kommentare: As well as my comment in the Cons section, it is likely to early to actually tell the full business benefits however it's pretty obvious that by reducing the ability to waste time browsing the likes of Facebook and streaming media the benefits will be reflected in bandwidth consumption and work output.

1. Simplicity to configure. 2. Ability to monitor individual use through agents rather than Active Directory. 3. Ability to set schedules for policies including free time for surfing during lunch which appeases the staff somewhat from the shock of having filtering introduced. 4. Attractive GUI. 5. Superb value for money. 6. The additional features such as crypto mining protection, bot protection, etc are very welcome.

I really don't have any criticisms for this product. It does so much more than other cloud based DNS products on the market, and that I tested, that within a day of installing it for a 14 day trial I had already decided to buy this for my company.

Christopher

Overall software is great. It allows for easy management over multiple sites and groups within sites

Ease of setup and configuration. I was able to get sites up and running in no time and with the templating option it makes it that much quicker.

If anything, web interface is a little clunky when trying to manage from a tablet or phone. There are times I'm not near a workstation to make minor quick adjustments and using a phone would be great.

VP | Engineering & Operations in USA
Telekommunikation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Exactly the content filtering system we've wanted for a long time!

Kommentare: A solution to our content filtering woes. All other solutions were convoluted or expensive. This comes from a guy that held frequent video calls with OpenDNS engineers helping them design and beta test their early content filtering system even before it was re-branded Umbrella..

Ease of use. Reliability. Performance. Cost. Stellar support team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AD integration is still a need. Would also like to see a master view map that shows stats from all locations with the bubbles.

Ike
IT Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great service and affordable

Kommentare: url filtering

It helps us block websites by name or classification which is great. It also allows us to setup multiple locations.

The reporting is a little light. Would like to see detailed reporting especially for those trying to circumvent the filter.

Ken
Electronic Systems Manager in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A DNS Filter for the rest of us

Kommentare: I found DNSFilter very easy to get up and running with my two sites. I have one corporate site and another small retail store. Both are covered now and it is very easy to keep an eye on what is being blocked and allowed. Making adjustments to white and black lists is very easy and quick.

This collection of tools is not only robust and easily implemented but it does its job at a reasonable cost. I reviewed several others before picking DNSFilter and all of the others were over the top in terms of cost.

There is only one thing wrong in my view. The text on the web page interface is too light and is difficult to read at times. I have a question in to support to see if this can be adjusted.

Kelly
Founder/Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

New to this...

Kommentare: Overall, it fits our security needs for our students and our budget! Great service and product!

I loved that it was quick and easy to set up and "install". The weekly reports help keep our students safe and the faculty aware of nev'r-do-well activity. It gives our faculty, me and our parents an assurance that we are looking out for their student's best interest.

At first it was difficult to figure out where I could access the specifics of the weekly report. But after simply responding to the report email , I received an answer that was mostly helpful.

Carlos
IT Tech in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

DNSFilter is a great service!

Kommentare: Our Agency was up for renewal with our Barracuda WCF, and decided to take a look at other options. Signed up for the free trial and tested out the service at our main office. It was great and very ease to deploy even with creating additional firewall rules to ensure our users could not cheat the system. In addition we were able to protect all of our location (We have over 20 small remote locations) at a fraction of the price, and don't have to worry about hardware failure.

The service was very easy and quick to setup. No issues with deployment.

I have not run into any issues as of yet. I really like service so far.

Jesse
IT Admin in USA

Easy to use and setup. Great features at the most competitive price!

Kommentare: Additional security through DNS filtering and employee safety online.

The service is stable and the pay for what you use price structure is way more attractive than other competitors. It's easy to setup and has lots of features to restrict websites and block threats.

The whitelist/blacklist adding additional urls was confusing at first because it wasn't clear to me that I had to click a button to add another text box to type in the next url I wanted to add. Then click save.

Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Dnsfilter review

Kommentare: We have a very good experience with DNSFilter and it's very easy to use

I liked that their website explains very clearly what how their service works and has a very tech oriented approach. The road map is a very open way of seeing progress and when certain features will be available. The DNS response time and filtering is also very good

IOS and MacOS agent is not released yet. Hopefully will become available soon

IT System Administrator in USA
, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Superb product which is easy to manage!

Kommentare: DNS filtering without breaking the bank. Ability to rapidly deploy to potential clients with minimal configuration. Love the continual development as well.

Continual development of new features, dead simple pricing, granular configuration and reporting mechanisms.

Lack of transparency when choosing a particular category to block. Would love to have granular control over items in blocklists, with the ability to add my own to the category (or create my own category)

Mahlon
Informationsdienst, Selbstständig

No "Fun" at Work

I like the easy implementation, specific categories, and the user interface. The default network filtering page when you visit a blocked site is really clean as well.

None, I'm super happy with the service and haven't run into any issues yet.

Mickaël
IT Manager in Schweiz
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A a good price/quality ratio adapted to our infrastructure

The dashboard is clear and easy to use.

The obligation to deploy on each workstation of the network the SSL certificate in order to see correctly (without browser security warning) the block page.

Shaun
Director in Australien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Some companies make being a tech easy - this is one of them!

Kommentare: Additional layer of security for my clients.

Soooo easy to setup and use. Quick to develop and release new features. The price!

I have not found anything to dislike....

Timothy
IT Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent value. Love the extra security and content filtering for our business.

Love the extra level of security by blocking malware and threats. Content filtering was easy to configure.

Nothing of any real significance or impact.