CPG Industry-Fueled EDI Fulfillment Brilliantly Simplified

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Steven C.
Operations Coordinator
Lebensmittelproduktion, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Triple-grade A, top-notch overall experience: EDI enables the timely acknowledgment of PO's (sales opportunities) to be serviced in as timely a manner as possible with the help of SPS Commerce...in the CPG industry, EDI is an absolute must and this platform affords our organization the ease of access with our various national and regional retail partners to conduct seamless and streamlined transactions. I recommend this service to small and medium-sized enterprises that only seek the finest tools in their respective trades and fields to get the job done right.

Vorteile: Seamless integration with varied retail partners through EDI link up, real-time receipt of digital documents from party to party, ability to accept or reject PO revisions with select retail partners, endless types of transactions to conduct business through in the software platform (from initial PO receipt up to freight/logistics servicing and finally to the sought after finish line with the fulfillment/invoicing of PO's), back-end deduction claims management, debit-credit adjustments and remittance advices simplified...and then some.

Nachteile: Manual inputting of data points for all of our PO's serviced via our various national/regional retail partners...has to be a workaround to digitally uplink fulfillments and invoices from ERP platform (NetSuite). At least in my experience, it has all been manual submissions but otherwise, the above reviews would be flawless. Perhaps, the same rule of thought could apply to advance shipment notices for uploading signed BOL's but not as much of a hindrance compared to our constant billing cycle to maintain.

Great for integrated CMS systems

Bewertet am 19.7.2018
Executive Assistant
Konsumgüter, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience hasn't been easy. There was no first hand training. We had to rely on webinars and video training to gather the knowledge we needed to understand how to navigate SPS Commerce and the fulfillment process. However, if we had an in-person training and if our in-house software was more up-to-date so that integration and automation was an option, I believe my experience would be more pleasant.

Vorteile: The ability to communicate between retailers and suppliers in a very real time exchange.
The ability to merge a large quantity of orders directly into our CMS software for quick and easy fulfillment.
The search ability to easily find any PO and the ease with being able to separate retailers by name.
Love the work flow chart associated to each order- easy to see notes and activity in regard to any given order.

Nachteile: The complicated and lengthy process of sending and receiving PO Acknowledgements and Changes.
All recent activity is noted on the over and transaction tabs, making it confusing to scroll through. I like the idea of only showing 1 PO number and having check marks within the box that show the activity that has been completed for that particular PO.
This software does not work well with our very unique "small company" CMS/ ERP software. We have to manually print out each PO, manually respond with a PO Acknowledgement after manually checking our inventory, and then have to manually enter the drop ship addresses and order into our software for fulfillment. We then also have to manually respond with ASNs and import invoicing. We do have the ability to merge large quantity orders, with a specially crafted application so long as it only has a few consistent addresses the account/retailer ships to. Automated merging is not possible for many and varying drop ship addresses, those we must manually print, review, and enter through the entire fulfillment process.

EDI Fulfillment Tool: Great Way To Fulfill Orders

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Walter S.
E-Commerce Manager
Informationsdienst, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Before using SPS Commerce we had to do everything manually in the form of emails and our company software. Now whenever we receive an order we just log in to the portal process it on our end and then enter the tracking information and invoice information. Easy peasy!

Vorteile: Very easy to use. Once everything is setup we get prompt emails for orders received. This helps us in processing the order. Once we login to the portal everything is just a click away. All the open order are shown on the dashboard instantaneously. Furthermore, there are very userfriendly and vibrant buttons or blocks that differentiate between orders, errors, shipments, and invoices. If anything is missing from any order for example shipping information or invoicing information, it's just a click away to complete it. When we open the order, the presentation of the order workflow is so easy to understand, even a layman with no technical information can easily understand at which stage the order is. We have one of our trusted resellers also using it and they are able to extract information very easily. Also, when we signed up I was afraid I would not understand how everything works on the SPS portal, but the training center feature helped me greatly understand how each of the processes works. I had an issue once, I was unable to find the carrier code for one of my carriers, I talked to the support rep and she helped me with it. Although it took her some time also to find it but the issue was resolved.

Nachteile: Well, I wouldn't say its a very bad feature but when I tried adding more users to our account, like our accounts personnel and other team members who interact with it, there was a fee associated with it. It's not a con but we were not informed about it before.

Excellent EDI Solution

Bewertet am 15.2.2019
Richard M.
Account Manager & IT Support
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As I described above, we were required to come up with a solution which started as an EDI interface to receive and acknowledge POs, but turned into requirements for ASNs, Invoicing, etc. SPS has been easy for all of our users and has met the needs of our customers with these requirements.

Vorteile: A number of years ago, one of our distribution networks started to demand we use an EDI platform for the receipt of purchase orders. Our ERP does not support this feature, so we had to look outside for solutions. We evaluated SPS Commerce and found this service to be the broadest, most user-friendly and economical solution in the marketplace. Some of our other distribution networks have since come on board and created new demands for different functions which SPS offers. Access by all of our departments (sales, customer service, bookkeeping, shipping, etc.) allows us to seamlessly meet our customers' needs.

Nachteile: When rejecting a purchase order, an anticipated ship date still has to be entered in order to process the rejection even though the order is rejected. This often confuses customers because you are both rejecting the order and entering a ship date. If the drop down option is to reject the order, then one shouldn't be forced to also enter a date.

SPS Commerce gets the job done, but seems expensive for what it is

Bewertet am 17.4.2018
Sam C.
Vice President
Konsumgüter, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: SPS Commerce allowed us to connect to dropship and bulk-shipment retailers via EDI. We were able to fulfill orders manually via this software, and then eventually set up the software to communicate automatically with our warehouse.

Vorteile: If you need to connect to a sales channel via EDI, SPS Commerce is going to be one of the most reliable options to do so. SPS is a large organization, and they seem to have experience connecting with any retailer we would want to do business with. This makes the integration process a lot easier. SPS also has a very responsive technical support team. Any time an issue comes up, we send them an email, and almost always get a response within one business day. The technical team seems to be very knowledgeable.

Nachteile: The main con is the price. SPS charges a flat per-document fee. When you are receiving large dollar-value orders, this small fee per document doesn't amount to much. However, if you are doing high volume, low dollar-value dropship orders, the fixed fee per document takes out a large percentage of your profit. Depending on the type of business you do, you need to clearly negotiate with SPS to get the pricing that works best for you. Other than that, the experience with SPS Commerce has been good.

Customer Support is very helpful

Bewertet am 23.4.2018
Jennie L.
Director of Finance
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: easy to use.

Vorteile: This program is easy to use. Most of our customers are using this program for EDI, thus we use this program almost daily to get purchase orders from multiple customers and invoice each customer after shipment on a very easy and convenient way. It is a very helpful tool to do invoicing and fasten payment receivable. It also has alert system to tell you if your invoice can not pass on to the customers with reason etc. It is in short a useful and helpful tool to run the daily business through EDI platform. I personally recommend this software to the similar business model as ours.

Nachteile: Besides the Pros for this software, it also has some negative features that I would like to bring up here. It is not easy to look up some information sometimes. Especially when you want to look up some history information, the search criteria is somehow ambitious. It takes time to try an error to search for some information. Also the online chat is not always there, it is usually take you a day to get response for some simple question. Phone in also take quite long wait. It is the most important things I feel SPS commerce should pay more attention to improve.

Great EDI Solution...only a few suggestions

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Nic D.
Operations
Sportartikel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great company who obviously excels in the EDI world giving customers different options that suits their capabilities. If you're not familiar with EDI or your just wanting to try things out SPS is a great way to start as they know what they're doing. If you are integrating the EDI docs into your ERP system (docs automatically import from and export to SPS) I would suggest that you try to understand as much as possible on what information your trading partner requires. SPS knows general information but there have been a handful of times where the document tests are successful but the actual information that your sending isn't the right information. You still have to put in the work.

Vorteile: Easy to read and complete the forms for all EDI documents. Required fields (per the receiving company) will be highlighted in red and if any aren't filled in the document won't send which reduces the chances of chargebacks.

Nachteile: I would love to be able to manipulate and edit how I see things on the landing page. There are some customization options, but I'd like to be a little more in control of what I see and what I need.

SPS User Friendly

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Diana D.
General Manager Accounting
Groߟhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was the person who worked with the SPS team on set-up. As inexperienced as I am with this type of system I had many questions and a few times we had to set up conference calls to get everything as we needed it. The SPS team never acted as if I was a burden and patiently answered all my questions. This to me is worth more than I can say. After set-up and moving forward any questions I had and issues I faced there was always an SPS team member that would be there to walk me through a procedure or answer my questions.

Vorteile: The software is very easy to use. I can navigate through different forms with ease. I can also check for errors before finalizing a form. This allows me to catch any mistakes before finalizing the form.

Nachteile: There is not much I don't like about the system and nothing at this time I would recommend changing or adding.

Automation that Saves Time and Money

Bewertet am 30.7.2019
Patti M.
Business Process Manager
Lebensmittelproduktion, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our overall experience with SPS as a business has been wonderful. The live chat is a great feature to solve issues quickly. Automation is the wave of the future and any additional time savers would be a great addition.

Vorteile: I am very happy we selected to implement the SPS adapter to automatically take our orders and interface with Quick Books and our ERP system. This has saved me countless hours of work. The testing and implementation support has been outstanding and their representative is professional, patient and very knowledgeable, Time is Money :-)

Nachteile: There are a few tweaks we have had to hard code but other than that I would say there was nothing to not like about the software. There is a half hour delay between the time the order hits fulfillment until the time I get a new order email.

We use SPS on a daily basis, but when problems arise there is always a delay in resolution.

Bewertet am 23.4.2018
Customer Success Manager
Essen & Trinken

Vorteile: Once set-up has been completed correctly the process is smooth. I like that I am able to get notifications of the activities of the POs, Invoices, and ASNs.

Nachteile: The software is fine, but support needs help. Emailing customer support is a slow process and I don't get same day responses/resolutions. Response from a staff member can take a few days to a week. I typically have to call in to get problems resolved the same day if it's an urgent matter. Error notifications don't provide any details on why documents were rejected. Depending on who is helping with the ticket will depend on the length of time for resolution. I have requested a break down of the EDI flow so I can understand the process better, but have not received additional information and was told there isn't any information on this. Our company has had high turnover and there is no one on staff that has a central understanding of how EDI works.

Software for Dummies

Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Jan G.
Customer Order Management
Lagerung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have had no issues at all with orders, printing, invoicing and love this product. It is just the email that I wish we could change, but that may be internal.

Vorteile: I love this software as it guides you through the process of what you are needing to do. I have always been one to want to get in and work on something to figure it out and with this software it took no time to catch on and figure out what it does. I am super happy with the results I get daily.

Nachteile: I don't think this is a software issue, but my company can't get emails to come to my work email letting me know an order is available. It has to go to a separate folder that I have to check numerous times a day. It would be very nice to get a email stating an order is ready to print or invoice.

A little frustrating to date albeit issues with resources on our side,

Bewertet am 7.5.2018
Michael H.
Product Director
Groߟhandel, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: To early to tel but what we expect is a streamlined EDI process requiring minimal intervention and no errors

Vorteile: We haven't had chance yet to fully integrate yet so it will be some time before we can comment fully on what we do and don't like re this software. On the webforms startup it was more difficult to use than our previous provider but I think that's a lack f training up front but once this was organised it was better - Point do a better job in this area we should not have to chase

Nachteile: We haven't had chance yet to fully integrate yet so it will be some time before we can comment fully on what we do and don't like re this software. On the webforms startup it was more difficult to use than our previous provider but I think that's a lack f training up front but once this was organised it was better - Point do a better job in this area we should not have to chase

Wonderful software and customer service

Bewertet am 25.10.2019
Stephanie C.
Account Manager
Lagerung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use SPS Commerce with all our vendor accounts for multiple clients. Amazon Vendor Central is our biggest business and SPS has made it possible to manage everyone quickly and easily in one system.

Vorteile: It's so easy to use and navigate. We have multiple team members accessing multiple client accounts within SPS and it could not be more user-friendly. We recommend it to all our clients. Anytime we have issues we can hop in the chatbox and we have them resolved within the day. The customer service is stellar and the software overall is SO good.

Nachteile: The software is near perfect. We did have issues with one of our account reps in trying to get the program set up, but it was quickly addressed and the issue resolved.

SPS has been great to work with and made my job much more efficient.

Bewertet am 5.7.2018
Ashley S.
Customer Fulfillment Manager

Kommentare: Makes processing customer orders so easy and it's a great place to have all our orders stored in one spot. Customer service is really good too!

Vorteile: I LOVE that SPS integrates with our accounting system, so I can import customer orders with the click of a button. I wouldn't want to work without it! It's easy to use, the navigation is very user friendly, and I like that is has all my documents in one place. Customer service/support is great and they are always willing to help.

Nachteile: On the rare occasion, it can be a little slow and/or glitche, but that is probably my own internet more than anything. I do wish that there were page arrows at both the top and bottom of pages. Currently, you can only switch to the next page by scrolling all the way to the bottom of the page. When the pages are so long, it would be nice to have that option at the top too!

Been using multiple SPS products for our EDI Connections

Bewertet am 17.4.2018
Jeffrey S.
Systems Director
Groߟhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Validity checking and SPS worrying about all the configuration changes NOT me. Web based EDI for simple / one time customers.

Vorteile: The number one thing is the editing the documents for validity. This has prevented many a charge-back from occurring. We also use the Webforms for customers that do not justify a complete EDI connection or one time customers. Seconal or single buy customers a perfect for this. The adhoc reporting makes it easy to find out whats happening with documents.

Nachteile: Set up can be tough at times and rather complicated but then EDI seems to be these days. Some more reporting would be nice to have. Error reporting is getting better but could be better explanations.

Favorable experience - sometimes there are issues that need to be resolved but they are responsive

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Berlinda Y.
IT Service Manager
Groߟhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Comply with the Customers' requirement easily

Vorteile: The Hybrid Solution that allows integration and webform . Ability to print out the shipping /ucc 128 label which is a great plus for us.
Ability to check documents either on Webform or in the integration and using of one map format for all Trading Partners is wonderful - making the testing a breeze.
Support team is great - they will try to help you resolve the issue.

Nachteile: The one map format is great but sometimes the information being used are not what the Trading Partner wants and need to work with Support/Setup Team to fix the issue. Calling Support sometimes need to wait a while for someone to pick up.

Software does its job.

Bewertet am 3.5.2018
Matthias H.
Bekleidung & Mode, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Able to do business with major retailers, without worrying about software and technical expertise. We are able to approach retailers and tell them we are EDI compliant, knowing that we will be able to setup without problems.

Vorteile: Reliable, virtually no problems regarding chargebacks. I also like the UPS integration a lot. It simplifies shipping and shipping time. Highly customizable to fit users's needs, bulk edits, and bulk submission of up to 100 invoices.

Nachteile: It often logs-out user, and sometimes works really slow. It doesn't warn you if a transaction did not get acknowledged by partner after say 24 hours. We manually have to check every transaction once a day to make sure it got received by partner.

SALES DEPT MORE CONCERNED WITH MONEY THAN CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS

Bewertet am 23.8.2018
Talk-Radio Co-Host - Wellness
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using SPS Commerce for quite a while to process orders for one of our major vendor partners who uses DC's to disperse to their stores. Another mid-size chain opted to used them as well. While it takes about 3-4 times as long to process these orders due to the number of steps involved in verification, we were fine with the partnership. When one of our major vendor partners indicated they were going to start using SPS Commerce to create greater visibility, we realized it would increase our volume with SPS Commerce (SC) significantly. The SC sales team was aggressive and persistent in pushing for confirmation of the additional partnership agreement. We were sold on a flat rate contract, which if it started in line with the Vendor Partner implementation date would have been a good deal. When the Vendor Partner delayed, we were basically told "too bad", rather than SC in turn being willing to push the date. They are collecting triple the rate yet not doing the work of processing the orders for this Vendor Partner. It has completely soured our view of SC. We will be addressing this issue with the Vendor Partner and urging them to consider a competitor alternative for order processing.

Vorteile: It creates visibility and the tech support team is helpful.

Nachteile: Lack of integrity from the sales team. We were sold on a flat rate contract set to align with a vendor partnership compliance date. Even though the contract date was a month early (SPS Commerce set the deadline to "lock in" the flat rate to a full month before the implementation date with the major Vendor Partner), the sales rep indicated we would see early implementation of order delivery by signing up. When the compliance implementation date was delayed by the vendor partner, the sales team refused to push the start date or offer any delay in the new heavy fees that are triple the old rate. To date, we are paying another fulfillment company for processing this vendor partners orders, while also paying SPS Commerce triple what our previous months average was to not process them. Not the makings for a win-win partnership.

Great products and support

Bewertet am 21.5.2019
Harris W.
Regional Account Manager
Groߟhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Streamlined our order processing for our high volume clients while also eliminating manual entry input errors. It also integrated directly with our ERP/CRM software seamlessly.

Nachteile: Learning a new procedure had a bit of a learning curve and sometime the software connection can be a bit slow, but haven’t determined if that is a SPS issue or the software their product connects to.

Easy to work with. Both the programs and the people.

Bewertet am 5.6.2018
Nancy M.
Konsumgüter, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Most of my larger customers use SPS Commerce, so when there are any updates from my customers, the changes are automatic and I don't have to worry about making any changes from here. This is a great help!

Vorteile: We had been using a company that was very difficult to deal with and get information from when we had questions. SPS Commerce is very good about answering the phones and having someone that can help with all of our questions. The software is very logical and easy to work with.

Nachteile: I wish only the fields that the customer requires, would show during input. Or the actual needed items would be marked appropriately. This is done somewhat, but not correctly all the time.

SPS Commerce

Bewertet am 4.9.2019
Douglas H.
Operations manager
Lagerung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it is a good platform , but there is room for improvement, to streamline daily use.

Vorteile: Navigating between fields is efficient, auto populating standardized fields is also easy to do. Creating usable ASN's and invoices is made easier using SPS.

Nachteile: I cannot change certain standardized fields allegedly due to the fact that the customer placing the order has our information entered a certain way. Also, if there is only one SKU on an order, one would think that one would not have to select that item each time to enter carton quantity or other details, and yet that is what happens; Staples, and Cleanit Supply come to mind.

Most of the functionality performs as advertised.

Bewertet am 29.5.2018
Doug H.
Operations manager
Logistik & Lieferkette, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Able to complete ASN, PO confirmation ,and acknowledgements.

Vorteile: Sending ASN's, doing order acknowledgements, and PO confirmations are pretty straightforward. The tech support people are tremendous and very knowledgeable.

Nachteile: Printing a shipping document like a packing slip is cumbersome as it requires an extra step. You have to fill out an ASN as if you were going to send it, but then save it halfway through, and then select print shipping document. Then you have to go back in, once you have shipped and now have your tracking information, and find the old saved original ASN , and then complete it. Not very fluid.

SPS Commerce review

Bewertet am 3.5.2018
VP Operations
Lebensmittelproduktion, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Excellent, Fast & Friendly service!! Easy to use, quick response. Helps to streamline my daily workflow and responsibilities.

Nachteile: Have not yet found anything I don't like.

SPS COMMERCE

Bewertet am 19.7.2018
Sandy G.
VICE PRESIDENT
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: WE HAVE SEVERAL CUSTOMERS THAT REQUIRE US TO USE SPS AND IT IS MUCH EASIER THAN SENDING AN INVOICE FROM OUR CURRENT OPERATING SYSTEM FOR INVOICING. I ALSO LIKE THAT THE PURCHASE ORDERS AND SHIPPING INFORMATION ARE ALL IN ONE PLACE WHEN YOU NEED TO REVIEW.

Vorteile: THE SOFTWARE IS SO EASY TO USE IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND SITES LIKE THIS BEFORE IT WILL MORE OR LESS WALK YOU THROUGH EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW OR DO. WHEN YOU ARE DONE YOU CHECK FOR ERRORS AND THE SOFTWARE LETS YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIX THE PROBLEMS.

Nachteile: IF YOU HAVE MADE A MISTAKE AND NEED TO GO BACK AFTER YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE FORM IT IS A HEADACHE TO FIX IT.

A managed EDI platform for scaling and automation

Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Erinn W.
Customer Success
Groߟhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: SPS Commerce is by far and away the easiest EDI platform to a company looking to scale or simply automate a large chunk of the manual grinding process. The support is great from the beginning, onboarding a new customer/vendor to the maintenance phase.

Nachteile: Not a real con, but the phrase you pay for what you get applies. You can get an EDI platform for less monthly, but you get less monthly. With SPS you get a partner to help with your business needs and the support is expansive and centered on the end-users experience and knowledge levels.