I can honestly say my life has been transformed after moving to Famly as I have so much more time.

Bewertet am 1.6.2017
Jenny R.
company director
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: easy to use and rate the company.So far I have not found using Famly frustrating in anyway nor do I dislike any part of it. The Famly team are developing and updating the system regularly, not that this is a hindrance as the system does not shut down for updates, but they are adding further improvements. You can see that they are responding to how Famly is used with these updates to make it better. The Famly support team are in touch to ensure everything is going well, they also get in touch directly with the staff team asking questions which it seems is also informs how Famly is improved further.

Vorteile: Famly is so easy to set up and use, very intuitive and so quick to work on. With the added bonus of the app I can now get access to all the information I need whenever and wherever I am. The settings allow for the staff to have the relevant access for their job role, this is great as there are so many functions other than invoicing which Famly can be used for, it really is a one stop shop for everything you need. The staff team love it and even those who would usually shy away from technology are happily getting involved. The parents are communicating much more often as it is so easy to send messages/photos back and forth. The parents are also finding the invoicing/payments overview very useful so they can manage their account easily, this contains all the information they need and again is simple to read so no explanation from me is necessary, this again saves so much time as previously I had to send regular breakdowns to parents. The support team at Famly are quick to respond and help resolve any issues. They are always on hand to ask questions and provide great training and support with the set up. But other than the odd glitch there have not been many questions or need for the training support as Famly really is very easy to use and work on. I am in no way an IT expert but Famly is so intuitive that you can easily and quickly do what you need whenever and wherever you need to, with so much time saved I am now able to focus on the jobs I never would of got to previously.

Great software - Easy and simple to use, really helped us centralise our information.

Georgia C.
Administrator
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall we have had a great experience the past year, we hope for a long and positive relationship.

Vorteile: The fresh layout and ease of use. Having everything in one place and the fact it is live and updated for everyone. The support is great, being able to use an online chat service to get any answers you need. Suggestions can be made and some are taken on board and implemented really quickly.

Nachteile: There are a few things we would like to change about the software that aren' t so easy for example the lists you can get are limited, the viewing is sometimes a bit awkward (not filling the page etc), it doesn't print very well. We'd also love to make it so if someone is trying tpo sign in and enter a pick up time later than their planned bookings, it throws up an error message.

von Famly an 28.10.2019

Hi Georgia, thank you for leaving a review for us. We love getting feedback from our customers and it's great to hear that you've had a great experience with Famly overall. I've passed on your comments to our Customer Success team regarding your suggestions for improvement and one of the team will be in touch soon. - Marcus

Incredible preschool management software

Bewertet am 10.4.2019
D A.
Head of School
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We used to use ProCare but found it to be incredibly clunky. We the switched to Sandbox software for a year but found they were not innovating very fast. We finally found FAMLY and haven't looked back since.

Vorteile: The daily attendance, the class planning (so easy for admissions season), the newsfeed (Facebook style area where we post photos, updates, videos, etc.), the calendar/RSVP...so much to love!

Nachteile: The way the billing is handled in FAMLY is confusing to our parents. Our families register for a certain schedule (e.g. M/W/F) for the entire semester or year and then pay either monthly or by semester. The invoices are not straight-forward. And if we add a random adhoc charge (e.g. for a shirt, for a drop in day, for after care, etc.) we have to generate an entirely new invoice instead of just adding the charge and letting the families see updated balance. Our parents also get confused in the messaging area...it's still not clear that they are messaging the TEACHERS only vs the entire class...so some parents don't send the message because they're worried it will go to all the parents instead of just the teachers. A simple fix, but it hasn't been done. Wish USA had option to have parents pay invoices by credit card, along with option to "pass on" the 3% credit card fees to the parents. With there was Attendance-Based Billing (e.g. if a child stays past 1pm charge them a flat fee, if a child is picked up late at the end of the day charge them a per minute late fee, etc.)

Great tool to encourage parent partnership and motivating staff too.

Rachel H.
Nursery Director
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I can't fault the support from FAMLY when we have any problems. The app is so easy to use and such a great tool to share information with parents. Beautiful learning journeys for our children including videos that they will look back on.

Vorteile: We use the daily news feed to share their children's day with parents. This is a great tool to use and a conversation starter during collection with our older children and parents. Parents find it easy to share their children's interest and achievements with the parent observations and help with our in the moment planning.

Nachteile: Difficult to answer this as the things I don't like is the forecast. However I have not explored this and how it works so not sure I am set up correctly. It is on my to do list to ask for support on this.

von Famly an 6.11.2019

Hi Rachel, thanks for your great review! It's so good to hear that Famly is going well for you at Leo's Den. Whenever you'd like a hand with forecasting, please get in touch with our friendly team. The different ways to contact them can be found here: https://famly.co/support/ - Marcus :)

Excellent management system

Craig W.
Chairman
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall very positive and will continue to use daily. Hopefully Famly take on board suggestions and ideas we have put forward to them to further improve and streamline processes for settings in the UK.

Vorteile: Famly provides an easy-to-use nursery (preschool) management and parent contact system. From managing child records and data, to session management and learning journeys, to sharing activities with individual parents or the whole setting. It also handles payments seamlessly and effectively and provides a full automated system handling invoice payments. Famly is kept up-to-date with EYFS, ECAT, CoEL and SEN framework links that can be added to journeys, full cohort tracking, and observations with next steps.

Nachteile: Famly is still a developing system, however they do seem to enjoy feedback from nurseries. At present there is no easy way to manage 30-hour extended entitlement codes or NI numbers, nor can you do any kind of planning. At present we have to do our plans in Word and then attach/post screenshots to the child's/nursery news feed.

von Famly an 28.10.2019

Hi Craig, thanks for your review, it's great to hear Famly's going well for you at Downview. I've passed on your comments to our Customer Success team and they will be in touch! - Marcus

Couldn't do without it!

Carole A.
Nursery Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The time it used to take to generate plans & send invoices has decreased quite considerably as it is so easy to do. The Famly app has everything you need in one place and is easy to do and explain. Parents love it, mostly as they can see updates/pictures daily from their child's key worker. If there has been any issues or difficulties, these have been dealt with in a timely manner from the support team.

Vorteile: Everything! I literally couldn't do without it now that it has been implemented within our company. Since using the app I have noticed much more parent interaction - I can see which parents use the app and access the information that I share. It is easy enough for staff to use within a busy Nursery environment. We are just starting to use the Child Development section, however I know that this will eventually save lots of time when analysing cohort data and evaluating support for the children. I manage 2 Nurseries so this provides me with the same information for both, which means I can analyse both/either no matter where I am.

Nachteile: At the moment there isn't anything I don't like!

von Famly an 5.11.2019

Hi Carole, thanks for your great review! It's brilliant to see what a difference Famly has made for you, the staff and parents at Action for Children. I hope this continues into the future! - Marcus :)

Great software, makes everything so easy and customer service is outstanding!

Bewertet am 21.6.2017
Nikki S.
Pre school Leader
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's made the whole of my admin role much easier. As a manager of a small but busy Pre school setting I wear many hats! This software has made invoicing, registering, keeping parents contact details in to date and keeping in touch with parents and staff much much simpler. One of my best decisions this year!

Vorteile: Its intuitive. You can easy see how to do things. It's great at increasing parent partnership and definitely makes admin much easier. Parents can update their own records enabling you to jeep up to date quickly and easily with changes of contact details. Parents can see exactly how much they owe, when they paid, and with what. Staff are able to register children quickly and easily with a touch of a button (parents can also do this too or even the children as they enter the setting) You can keep on top of who's being collected by who and when. The newsfeed works exactly like Facebook and our parents have all engaged with this system as they understand immediately how it works. You can send individual messages to certain parents as well as to groups. You can tell who has seen the messages as well as who's registered with the system so it's easy to target those parents who haven't. The customer service is amazing, the service from start to set up I'd easy to follow and someone is always on hand to give you support and advice. This service continues one set up and launch is complete. I love the way they are willing to listen to their uses about additions and changes that might be useful to add for the future.

Nachteile: The only downside is that parents need an email address to register. We only have one parent this affects.

Saves time, improves parent communication, streamlines processes

Bewertet am 30.10.2019
Catherine W.
Childcare Director
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall this is a great tool for saving time for nursery managers and teams and is loved by all our parents and staff

Vorteile: This is realy easy to use - it shows you all of the children who are in on any given day, allows you to plan attendance, complete learning journeys, instantly updates parents on care - such as sleep, meals etc. Ability to use for accident reporting, invoicing, revenue forcasting - does pretty much everything you need in a nursery at the same time as providing a user friendly "social media" type format for communication with parents.

Nachteile: Its still fairly new and not everything works perfectly for every setting yet - but all of the important things do and famly are really quick to respond to feedback and are constantly developing the product.

von Famly an 1.11.2019

Hi Catherine, thanks for leaving us your feedback! Really good to hear how Famly has helped at Priesthills. I'm pleased to hear that you've found the customer support effective too, we're always working to improve! - Marcus

Product Review

Ella I.

Kommentare: Good

Vorteile: Layout of profiles, overview of rooms, tags, lists

Nachteile: The layout of the calendar. Would be easier to be laid out like google calendar- option to see full month

von Famly an 1.11.2019

Hi Ella, thanks for leaving a review! It's good to hear that Famly is going well for you at Out There Kindergarten. We're always working to improve the overall experience for our users so I've passed on your comments about the calendar to our team. - Marcus

Famly App

Hannah M.
Area Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Connectivity with parents and staff - easy to message and add to the news feed. Invoicing & Bookings - all in one place

Nachteile: Cost of packages - we would like to bolt on additional features from the next package but it seems to be quite an increase in cost for the additional extras that we would like. It would be great to choose some at a smaller, more affordable cost to the business. Also messages - its annoying that they disappear when you dont send them instantly - they should remain in drafts like the news feed function.

von Famly an 5.11.2019

Hi Hannah, thanks for leaving a review for us. It's great to hear you've had a positive experience so far with Famly! Sorry to hear there've been some features you've wanted which haven't been possible to add-on. I've passed on this, and the feedback regarding draft messages to our customer success team and they'll be in touch. - Marcus

Famly is a key communication tool for our business

Bewertet am 15.6.2017
Paula P.
Business Manager

Kommentare: Nothing we dislike. The more we use Famly, we are able to see how additional functions could help us and will relay these to the support team.

Vorteile: Famly helps us manage our business as its easy to keep track of numbers so we maintain correct staff/children ratios. Staff and parent/carers have found it very easy and their feedback has been very positive.
The best thing has been the improved means to communicate with our parents/carers. They love to see posts with photos and video of children's activities during the day and keep track of their child's key care needs e.g. sleep times and nappies.
The team at Famly are keen to receive feedback and suggestions for new functions and their response to queries is excellent.

Couldn’t live without it

Catherine J.
Nursery Owner and Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When the Care inspectorate visited, they said it was the best system that they had come across. I could retrieve all the data they requested. I literally couldn’t live without it.

Vorteile: I love that I can send batch invoices, take booking, complete learning journeys and message parents. Accident forms, log naps and nappies.

Nachteile: I would love it to include staff rotas! Occasionally if I’m mid-message and am then needed on the nursery floor, when I come back, I’ve been logged out and lose the message. It would be good to edit actual time of arrival of child (as you can with sleep, nappies)

von Famly an 1.11.2019

Hi Catherine, thanks for your great review! We loved hearing what a difference Famly has made at Wise Owls. I've passed on your comments about logging in and out and changing arrival time. We're actually working on staff rotas right now so keep an eye out in the near future! - Marcus

Great entry level tracking and communications software

Clare M.
Chairperson
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Really good. Once you learn your way around I find it very useful and easy to use.

Vorteile: The basic functions we need are free. As a charity we are always strapped for cash so being free it’s a huge bonus!

Nachteile: The interface has limited compatibility with older devices and the dynamic content doesn’t always resize or refresh well on these older devices.

von Famly an 6.11.2019

Hi Clare, thanks for your great review. I'm glad to hear that you're able to utilise a lot of our free features to help out in your charity setting. We're glad it works so well for you! - Marcus :)

Feedback on our use of Famly

Anna B.
Head of EYFS

Kommentare: very positive experience

Vorteile: Very user friendly. Liked by management, staff and parents. Essential for forward planning in the nursery.

Nachteile: Various options haven't quite met our needs - accident reports, administration of suncream and medication, permissions for various users.
However Famly have responded to our requests and many of these have been changed over the year.

von Famly an 5.11.2019

Hi Anna, thank you for leaving us a review, it's great to hear that Famly is going well for you at Kingswood Prep! I've passed on your comments to our Customer Success team and if you ever have any concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to contact them here: support@famly.co.uk - Marcus

Famly_Review

Nazli H.
business manager
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of use, everything held in one place, friendly for parents to use, great communication tool

Nachteile: As we have 4 nurseries, and finances are completed centrally I wish I could give each nursery 'READ ONLY' access to the booking plans and invoices section - as it stands because I am concerned they will inadvertently delete something/there's no read only access...they can't see this information and that makes things less transparent for them, more queries for me to deal with.

von Famly an 6.11.2019

Hi Nazli, thank you for leaving us a review. It's great to see that Famly is going well for you and the team at Elmore Kindergarten. I've passed on your feedback regarding booking plans and invoicing to our customer success team and they'll be in touch. If you ever have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out. - Marcus :)

Famly Childcare Software

Adam L.
Operations Director
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Integrated childcare and invoicing platform.

Vorteile: Integrated solution for many childcare functions, with a simple user interface.

Nachteile: Features developed are often not completed to get full value from them, or development team don't have the resources to address what nurseries feel are key or urgent changes.

von Famly an 5.11.2019

Hi Adam, thanks for leaving your feedback! I'm glad to hear that overall, your experience with Famly has been positive. I'm sorry to hear you feel that some features requests haven't been addressed, we work with a lot of different early years settings and are always wanting to improve the experience for all users. I've passed on your comments to our customer success team though and they'll be in touch. - Marcus

Keep it in the Famly!

Caroline M.
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy to do invoices, work out room planning in advance and communicate with parents. I like being able to see everything live.

Vorteile: That everything is in one place and easily accessible to parents

Nachteile: I think the cost is a little high but having the good customer service makes it a little better

von Famly an 28.10.2019

Hi Caroline, thank you for leaving a review for us! We're glad to hear you and the parents enjoy using Famly and that you're satisfied with the level of customer service provided! - Marcus

Famly in Nursery Setting

Miss kirsty C.
Deputy Managee
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Communication tool that is excellent. Our service users love this and love how easy it is to get instant updates on their child without having to call. A quick message between parents and keyworkers is all it takes. Parents are able to see live updates of their child's day as staff log their food, sleeps and toileting.

Nachteile: Software can be glitchy at times. Find myself having to restart app quite often.

von Famly an 1.11.2019

Hi Kirsty, thanks for leaving us a review! We're really glad to hear how well Famly's going for you at Smiley Stars. Sorry to hear you sometimes need to restart the app, please make sure your device and Famly are up to date and if the issue persists, please email our Customer Success team here: support@famly.co - Marcus

it has saved us some much time as a management team, allowing us to spend more with the children.

Bewertet am 21.2.2018
Leaha B.
Deputy Manager

Kommentare: TIME

Vorteile: everything is all in one place, from invoicing to child development. makes life very easy for a busy nursery.

Nachteile: child development app as a nursery some of our parents don't us famly as English is an additional language or they don't have access to the internet freely and don't get to see the child's observations and assessments unless shown, and when we print these off for a child's development file it misses photos off, which is what most of our parents enjoy most about observation.
Aswell as a nursery we like to involve our parents as much as possible and think it would be brillant if parent could also make post about their children.

Review

Toni H.
Area Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Fantastic! I love the system - it have made my job slightly easier!

Vorteile: I can see what all the settings are doing - what children and staff are in each day, what activities have been sent on news feed.
Invoices can be sent out as a batch to the whole setting, as long as you have done your booking forms correctly.
Instant msg to parents
Saved on paper massively
You can see when a parents has ‘seen’ a post! Which has helped massively when parents question things that they were unaware about and you can prove that they saw the msg on newsfeed at such and such date.

Nachteile: Logs you out quickly
When you search a child’s name - doesn’t necessarily come up as the first child

von Famly an 5.11.2019

Hi Toni, thank you for leaving such a positive review of Famly. It makes us so happy to see how settings like Wold's Childcare are able to save time, reduce paperwork and improve parent interactions through Famly. I've passed on your comments to our team about log out times and searchability but hope that your experience overall continues to be a good one! - Marcus

Excellent software

Denise R.
Practice Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software does everything we need as a business.

Vorteile: Easy to use. Parents and staff alike are very happy with it.

Nachteile: Nothing at all. We love everything about it.

von Famly an 5.11.2019

Hi Denise, thanks for leaving a review for us. It's so good to hear how well Famly is working for you at SPL Education! - Marcus :)

Famly review

Wendy B.
DIRECTOR

Kommentare: Fantastic parent partnership tool
Easy payment scheme
Overall good investment

Vorteile: Good all round features, excellent resource for the nursery. Parents love the app

Nachteile: Children that have left not on search
Sibling accounts could be connected so that addresses etc are one imputted once
Some problems with setting up bill payer when there are siblings

von Famly an 7.11.2019

Hi Wendy, thanks for your great review! It's wonderful to hear how well Famly is going for everyone at Little Einsteins. I've passed on your feedback regarding the sibling accounts to our customer success team as well. - Marcus :)

Happy Childminder

Kerry S.
Childminder
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to
Understand and use and that it has everything included from daily dairies to photos. I find it easy to use which is great as I’m not very good with technology.

Nachteile: There is nothing I don’t like, it’s so easy to use.

von Famly an 5.11.2019

Hi Kerry, thanks for your great review! It's good to hear how useful Famly is for your child-minding business. - Marcus

We love Famly!

Bewertet am 10.2.2017
Josh H.
Managing director
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I spent a long time looking for suitable software that would seamlessly fit with our daily routine and help my staff to plan, organise and communicate (with myself, each other and parents). Much of the software that I found was outdated, clunky and no longer fit for purpose. When I spoke with the team at Famly they just seemed to get it and have an understanding of what nurseries want (and also some features that we didn't even realise we would benefit from). The Famly team have been really receptive to our numerous suggestions and requests with many of them being fulfilled almost immediately and others currently in development. We have excellent routes to communication with the team and they're really quick to resolve any issues or technical problems. I'd happily recommend Famly to any nursery thinking of implementing software to help their setting flow better and to give them more time to spend with the children

Vorteile: Intuitive
User friendly
Clean and simple design
Safe and secure

Famly has been a game changer!

Julie-anne L.
Childminder (self-employed)
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it and have no plans to switch to another software.

Vorteile: There are lots of things! Reduced paperwork, all family members of the children can use it, with relevant access restrictions, it is user friendly for parents, like social media which encourages parents to write comments and give their feedback. It is aesthetically pleasing and other software I trialled was daunting for a small childminding setting. Also, it’s free!

Nachteile: I think the only thing could be a bit mite explanation around completing the observations/ assessments at the beginning as I got a bit lost and couldn’t quite find a detailed enough guidance amongst all the guidance available.

von Famly an 7.11.2019

Hi Julie-Anne, thanks for your great review! We're glad you enjoy using our free package. - Marcus