Working well for a 12-member board

Board Director and Governance Committee Chair
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Keeps everything in one place, securely. I particularly like that, e.g. access to committee meeting agendas or related documents are automatically restricted to committee members. BoardBookit has good functions for managing meeting agendas, and new ones like votes, polls, and tasks have been added since we started using the product.

Nachteile: There are two functions I would like to see added or adjusted. One is that there is no way to post a link individually or in a group, e.g. to share relevant articles with board members, or to link to a shared Google doc or drive. Links must be added to a document and then posted. The second is that for ease of management, ability to write notes on, etc., all uploaded/posted documents including Excel files are converted to pdf format. But sometimes I want to securely share other types of files with the board, e.g. financials in a spreadsheet to be manipulated by other committee or board members.

HI!

Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoy the agenda, votes, polls, and task functionality! The ability to embed URL's into BoardBookit is on our roadmap, expect to see it in the future. I will be sure to pass your other request on to our team.

Thanks again!

Excellent value for the price

Desirée R.
Business Operations and Partnership Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This has been an excellent way to streamline our governance operations and keep sensitive documents secure.

Vorteile: This software does an excellent job at providing a high amount of functionality with an intuitive interface, on both the user-facing end and on the admin-facing end. This is very important because many of our users are late adopters to technology. The designers of the software clearly had a keen understanding of their audience and what their needs are. This software meets our basic needs and at a fair price.

Nachteile: The software's functionality is, in many ways, "silo-ed." So, for instance, if you upload a document to one area of the board portal, you also have to upload it to every other place you'd like for it to appear. In other words, you can't effectively link to or refer to information stored on different parts of the portal. Also, we have two affiliate companies under an umbrella company -- there's no real way on the portal to delineate this on the portal; it is primarily set up for one sole organization.

Hi Desiree!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review BoardBookit. Thank you for the wonderful compliment to our user experience and developers regarding the intuitive interface. I will definitely pass that along. I will also pass along your feedback regarding the silo-ed feel of the portal.

Thanks again!

My worklife is soooo much easier!

Jacki H.
Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Einzelhandel, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The best experience -- right from the beginning -- is the support. If we can't figure it out on email, someone calls and we set up an appointment to get it right.
Everyone has been friendly from the very beginning.

Vorteile: 1) "Cloning" meetings and agendas
2) Emailing right from the site to our Board members
3) All of our Board members took to the site at the first meeting
4) Presentations are done right from Bookit now instead of working back and forth with Powerpoint and printed materials; we just project Bookit to the screen
5) No more dealing with Adobe; which is not always user friendly with Excel documents

Nachteile: 1) Agenda formatting; but we have a workaround; I wish there was a way to reduce/increase font size, margins, and the ability to put spacing inbetween agenda items.

Hi Jacki!

Thank you for the BoardBookit review. We absolutely love to hear that our Support Team has been able to provide you such good service. It is also great to know that you are enjoying the portal functionality, I will be sure to pass on your agenda formatting suggestions to our team.

Life can be easier!

Bewertet am 2.10.2019
Pramastuti H.
Executive Secretary
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Preparing Board Book become easy!
Making an Announcement to all the members are quick!
Voting, sending ballot, annotation, etc. were extraordinary!

Vorteile: Save your time and energy! Very easy to prepare an Agenda for the board meeting, even if it changes in very last minutes. Easy to manage multiple Board Meeting too. Boardbookit is the only Portal System that give you all the benefit of Board Portal System with affordable price. It is really a blessing for us as a non-profit company. Thank you Boardbookit! Keep do it!

Nachteile: When preparing meeting agenda our custom is to leveling the items with Romans capital first, then Capital Alphabet then numbers for example:
I. Minutes
II. Report
1. .........
I wonder if I can customize it. thanks

Hi Pramastuti!

Thank you for the wonderful review. It is great to hear that you find our portal easy to use and that it saves your time and energy. Someone from BoardBookit will be reaching out to you very shortly to address how you are able to change the numbering of your agenda.

Easy to Learn and Use

Bewertet am 9.5.2019
Greg K.
Advisor
Unterhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We don't have paid staff to help administer board activities to managing board activities would be very burdensome to board members to handle such work. Our board is all volunteers to it's important we make it easy for them. And Board Bookit helps us to achieve that goal.

Vorteile: Non-profit boards often have members who are reluctant to let go of the old ways - namely paper. The greatest thing about BoardBookit is that it's so, so easy to learn and use. Our less digitally-savvy board members picked it up so quickly and, initially reluctant, now love it. The 24/7 customer care is also great.

Nachteile: I'm struggling to think of anything. Every new release brings new useful features, so if pressed to come up with some negatives, I suppose bringing out new features faster.

von BoardBookit an 10.5.2019

Hi Greg, Thank you for your positive review! It's great to hear that BoardBookit made it easier for your board to adopt paperless board meetings and are loving it! We're always working hard to get our newest feature updates out faster, so stay tuned! Thanks again!

Review of BoardBookIt

Bewertet am 3.5.2019
Michael C.
VP and CFO
Gastgewerbe, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We wanted to improve access to information for our Board and Staff. BoardBookit helped us accomplish this.

Vorteile: It has become a great archive of information for our Board and Staff. The product is easy to use, both from the administrator and client standpoints. BoardBookit presents information in an easy to access manner. Board Members who attend meetings by phone now have an easy way to see the same information being discussed in the meeting location.

Nachteile: As a public agency, all of our information is subject to North Carolina Public Information Law. BoardBookIt does not offer a feature where members of the general public can easily access the information we present in board and committee meetings. We been forced to duplicate our work in BoardBookIt to place the same information on our corporate website.

von BoardBookit an 8.5.2019

Hi Michael, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! We're happy to hear that we have improved access to information for your board and staff members. We'll also pass along your comments to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements. Thanks again!

A robust, yet simple to use board platform

Bewertet am 10.10.2019
Michael O.
Administrative Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I serve a 40-member board of trustees who are geographically diverse and have varying degrees of technical skills. Some are still using flip phones. I purposely selected this platform because it has the simplest user interface and is fairly easy to navigate even for the most dedicated Luddite. Prior to introducing Board BookIt, our board had no online platform and all communication was done via telephone or email. Board BookIt has streamlined a number of processes and has empowered our board to be more effective trustees.

Vorteile: I like the ease of use. Once one agenda has been built in the system, there is the ability to import that agenda into a future meeting to utilize as a template. This is a great time-saver. I like the ability to import previous minutes into an agenda. I like that it tallies RSVPs and attendance for me. The survey, vote, and e-signature features have been a great asset for my 40-trustee, geographically-diverse board of trustees.

Nachteile: The Minutes interface is problematic and difficult to navigate. There is embedded formatting that is terribly uncooperative. I have found it is easier to type my minutes into Word and then copy and paste into the minutes template.

BoardBookit Review

Debbie D.
Executive Assistant to the CEO
Immobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: So far, it's mostly good. We are all still learning the ins and outs of it, but as an administrator, I think it is good.

Vorteile: I like that as an administrator I have the option to sign in as just a user so I can see what they see. I also like that I can create different roles for committee members based on their function within the committee. I also like that it restricts users from creating multiple accounts by using different email addresses. They have to create their log-in information using the email address we have and then they can change it. As a large trade association with over 33,000 members, this makes it easier to keep track of usage.

Nachteile: I think it is a little confusing for members based on if they use a mobile device or laptop/computer to log-in. The way things look in the app are different than they way the appear on a computer. Also, I don't like that the initial email inviting members to join may sometimes go to the junk folder.

von BoardBookit an 20.5.2019

Hi Debbie, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! It's great to hear that you're loving the ability to view the platform as a member and the ability to better keep track of board members! Feel free to contact our customer success team if you have any questions regarding your implementation or how to keep emails from moving to the junk folder! Thanks again!

BoardBookit Review

Bewertet am 1.5.2019
Penny B.
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience with BoardBookit has been very good. All meeting information is housed in one location with easy access to current and previous meeting documents in a secure environment. Our meeting information can be accessed through apple or android devices at any time.

Vorteile: What I like most about BoardBookit is how easy it was to get started and implement company wide. We use this software for all of our board and committee meetings. I like the fact that you can import previous agendas rather than starting each meeting from scratch. You can add documents when they become available as opposed to waiting until all documents are received to upload. If items need to be moved on the agenda, it's as easy as dragging and dropping where needed. BoardBookit is VERY user friendly. The customer support line is very helpful.

Nachteile: I haven't found anything that I do not like about this software.

von BoardBookit an 3.5.2019

Hi Penny, Thank you so much for your positive review! It's wonderful to hear that you have had such a successful implementation and found BoardBookit user friendly for every member of your board! Thanks again!

Streamlined my Process & made users happy

Bewertet am 13.5.2019
Anna A.
Administrative Assistant, Sr.
Vorstandsbüro, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We have been using BoardBookit shortly after it came out. Prior to using BoardBookit, we created paper agendas w/accompanying documents which were FedExed to our Board. So much paper and time is saved. The Board likes using it, I like using it. I love that all the documents are now automatically archived and easy to find. We can fine tune the agenda until the last minute since we don't have to mail it anymore.
I also like that the company is continually improving the product and customer service, which we rarely need because it is so easy to use, is always available.

Nachteile: In the beginning there were some hitches, better now.

von BoardBookit an 20.5.2019

Hi Anna, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! It's amazing to hear how much time and paper you're saving with BoardBookit! We're also happy to know that you're loving our secure document archive and our integrated features for last minutes changes. Thanks again!

Happy Customer

Bewertet am 14.5.2019
Deanna B.
Executive Assistant to the Board of Trustsees
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The customer service is phenomenal! Each time I have a concern or question, they respond within minutes. We like the product so much that we just signed a contract for another three years. I also love the confidentiality the portal provides.

Vorteile: It is a web-driven software that offers efficient and confidential communication with our board members. Once a user is established, I don't have to coach anyone on how to use the software. We love the confidentiality the software provides to our sensitive communications. It is also easy to add or delete members and set them up in different groups. If a communication needs to go to just one particular group, I can merely select that group, and only that group will have access to the communication. Agendas and board meeting books are easy to set up for any confidential documents that need to be available prior to any meeting. As Administrator of our account, I can also look at the web portal as a user; this is helpful because the user screen is slightly different than the Administrator screen.

Nachteile: I can't think of any cons. I've raised two concerns with Board Book It, and they immediately addressed them so the cons don't exist anymore.

I'm New But Up-to-Speed!

Ej J.
Telekommunikation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: BoardBookit keeps everyone connected, without a bunch of emails! Everyone knows to check their meeting for uploaded documents and doesn't have to worry about meetings they are not a part of. You can limit the number of Notifications and Reminders sent. You are able to forward load the system and only publish the upcoming months meetings; again, relieving the members of multiple notices for dates they may forget about. I am more hands on and "control" the program tighter than my predecessor.

Vorteile: Learning curve is minimal for tech savvy and moderately savvy individuals.

Nachteile: Not being able to make adjustments and continue in the same location/document. Edit the Agenda and it takes you out of the Meeting document.

Hello EJ!

Thank you for your BoardBookit review. We are thrilled that you've found our platform easy to learn. Your Customer Success Specialist will be reaching out to understand your feedback about editing the agenda so we can pass that on to our development team.

Thank you!

Use BoardBookit for Brown-act compliant board meetings at charter school

Kapil M.
Executive Director
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: BoardBookit has allowed our school to run more organized and efficient board meetings. We are able to put items on the agenda during the month. The software organizes all out attachments and creates PDFs of the agenda that we can post online and at our site. It also complies the full board book. Board members can go online and annotate the board book as they prepare for the meetings. During the meetings, we can project all the documents for the public.

Nachteile: Four things that would make this software perfect: 1. Presentation mode needs some improvement. The idea is that the presenter can control other board member's screens. 2. Public facing portal. Right now we have no connection between our website and BoardBookit. It would be great if Boardbookit could automatically publish agendas on the website. 3. A full screen option for attachments when projected. Right now, the full screen version doesn't actually fill the whole screen making detailed financials hard to see when projected. 4. Conferencing connection / audio recording. We record our meetings and often have a dial in number. It would be great if we could record and store audio recordings in board book it.

von BoardBookit an 20.5.2019

Hi Kapil, Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit! It's wonderful to hear that our platform has enhanced organization and made it easier to create board books! I'll be sure to pass along your suggestions regarding presentation mode, public facing options, and conference recording on to our engineering team for future updates!

Greatest Time and Resource Saver

Sandy W.
Asst Corp Secretary
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a large company with multiple committees and boards. We first utilized BoardBookit for the Board of Directors of our parent company, reducing costs of photocopying, binding and distributing meeting packets. When we saw how well it works, we quickly migrated all of our board and committee materials to BoardBookit. Everyone loves it.

Vorteile: This software is very user friendly and adaptable.

Nachteile: We honestly haven't found anything to not like about BoardBookit.

Hi Sandy!

Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit. It is wonderful to hear that you find our portal user-friendly and adaptable. We are so glad you were able to quickly migrate all of your materials to BoardBookit.

Thanks again!

Better and less expensive Board documents solution

Board Member
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Basically, BoardBookit makes it easy for Board members to prepare for meetings (and review what happened at previous meetings). And it saves staff time and money. Definitely worth a try if you’re a Board member or a staff person frustrated with your current Board documentation process!

Vorteile: I have been a Board member of for-profit companies and not-for-profit entities. Some of them compiled all their Board materials by hand and distributed them in hard copy and/or by email. Some of them used the Diligent software. For the staff, BoardBookit is far easier to implement and use than Diligent and is more efficient and secure than the old-fashioned manual process. And it costs less! For Board members, the BoardBookit interface is far more intuitive than Diligent and because it is designed to work on phones and iPads (whereas Diligent really is made for desktops or laptop computers), BoardBookit allows me to get all the materials when and where I need them.

Nachteile: It would be nice to have the ability to search within the text across a folder full of documents (maybe that is possible, but I haven’t figured out how).

von BoardBookit an 9.5.2019

Thank you for your positive and honest review of BoardBookit! It's wonderful to hear that a diverse professional as yourself thinks so highly of the BoardBookit platform. We're happy to provide you and your board with fully functional mobile solutions so your board materials are always available! We will pass along your suggestion regarding document searches within folders to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements! Thanks again!

Board Life Made Simple

James J.
President & CEO
Biotechnologie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Prior to this software, people could say, I did not get that or see that. This software not only ensures it is accessible, but I can also tell if you opened it too. No more excuses.

Vorteile: Running a company requires a lot of legal documents, resolutions, board notes, etc. This software allows you to keep this information in one centralized place. Importantly, you can see the interaction of the individuals with the product to determine who is engaging and who is not. This allows for measurable correct action.

Nachteile: There is little in this software not to like, and I cannot offer a con that would make someone not buy the product. We are in economic development and have a large board. I make a video prior to each board meeting that is an executive summary of the upcoming board meeting. I like these videos to outside services to play the video. However, I would like the video to play in an embedded fashion on the site.

von BoardBookit an 9.5.2019

Hi James, Thanks for reviewing BoardBookit! We're happy that your board is more organized and engaged as a results of BoardBookit! We will also forward your suggestion regarding video hosting to the engineering team for future updates and enhancements!

Excellent easy To use board tool

Michael A.
Vice President
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helped up streamline our communications and meeting management as well as increased our board accountability within the org by saving time for meeting minutes, attendance taking and reducing printing thus having a + impact on the environment

Vorteile: Very easy for all board members to learn and use.

Nachteile: Cannot click on active hyperlinks to virtual meeting invitations

Hello Michael!

Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit. I am so happy to hear that our portal is easy. It is also really nice to know that we are able to increase your board efficiency. Please note that the ability to embed hyperlinks into the meeting details is on our roadmap, expect it in the near future.

Thanks again!

BoardBookit definitely helps us conserve a few resources

Jessica H.
Director of Operations
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We save an enormous amount of time putting together our board meeting materials, our annual meeting materials and our orientation materials. Our trustees are very happy with the ability to access organizational materials on the fly. We do feel that added expenses is money well spent!

Vorteile: The fact that we have substantially reduced the need to print and mail materials; the ease with which staff can put together meeting agendas and materials. The portability of materials has been a plus for our trustees who are spread around the state.

Nachteile: The process to join and review the documents has proven to be difficult and it is too easy for user to get kicked out and then the struggle to rejoin becomes disruptive to the meeting. Really wish you could use it to poll trustees for meeting dates. Also, it would be really nice if notes that folks makes on the materials could be shared.

von BoardBookit an 20.5.2019

Hi Jessica, It's so wonderful to hear that BoardBookit has made it easier for you to compile and distribute board materials! Also, you actually can poll trustees for meeting dates. So, feel free to contact our Customer Success team and they can walk you through this functionality! Thanks again!

BordBookIt is Fantastic for Sharing Important Informaiton

Susanne G.
Director of Finance
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: BoardBookIt has changed the way we run our board meetings and share important documents with our Board of Directors. It is quick and easy to share reports, plan meetings and find relevant documents. BoarBookIt has streamlined many processes for our team and we no longer spend time searching for documents and re-sending them, everyone can find whatever they are looking for with ease.

Nachteile: It would be nice if there were sub folders in the financial documents section. I called support regarding this topic and the representative was able to help us with a work around. So this con is not not a big deal.

Hi Susanne.

Thanks for the BoardBookit review. It is so exciting to hear that our portal has saved you time and has increased your Board efficiency. It is also great to know that our Support Team was able to assist you. I will be sure to mention your suggestion for the financials section to our team.

Love it

Bewertet am 1.10.2019
Terra L.
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience has been great. Again the ease of use if amazing and I really like all the organization features that it has to offer.

Vorteile: The ease of use with this software is the best thing about it. I started this position almost 2 years ago and had never used anything like this or prepared board meetings. I was very easily self taught and that software is quite intuitive. If you think that is how it should work, that is how it works.

Nachteile: My only con with this product is the dragging new agenda items into place. When you have really long agendas, this can be a quite cumbersome process. Not a big deal, but it would be really nice to select where you want a new item nestled under when creating that new agenda item versus it going to the bottom then having to drag it all that way back to the top or wherever it goes.

Hi Terra!

Thank you for the kind review! We are glad you find our portal to be intuitive. Someone from BoardBookit Support is going to reach out to you to discuss agenda building further, I think we may have a solution for you!

BoardBookit for Trustees

Bewertet am 15.5.2019
Helen S.
Assistant Account Executive
Vorstandsbüro, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience has been great, the ease of using the system is awesome.

Vorteile: I like most is the central location of everything. The opportunity to expand and use more of the features of BoardBookit would be ideal for a paperless environment, making it more efficient and clean. Grateful for the support we have received to date from our rep, she has truly answered all of our questions and took our feedback to review for our needs. Appreciate that!

Nachteile: Awaiting the roll out of the "Survey" option. We do a lot of email polls and also require documents to be completed and signed by the trustees. The maximum currently on the vote option is 500 characters, while this seems like ample space it isn't for our needs. Some of the questionnaires we submit for completion have over 1,000 characters with multiple choice options. We are hoping with the Survey rollout, this would replace the "Vote" and "eSign" features with what we need.

von BoardBookit an 20.5.2019

Hi Helen, Thanks for taking the time to review BoardBookit! It's great to hear how much you're enjoying a central location for all of your board materials. Also, Surveys is launching very soon, so hang in there! Thanks again!

Save Time, Save Paper - Go BoardBookit

Bewertet am 6.5.2019
Tevita K.
Team Lead Strategy Management Office
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall my experience has been greatly enhanced and allowed me to assist members and others in accessing the site. I have received calls from other organizations who have showed interest in using the site after hearing about us using it.

Vorteile: Gives us Secretariat the ability to digitally manage and document meeting papers without having to go through the manual process of printing, binding and distribution. it allows papers to be accessed from anywhere and saves us not only time and money but as well as the environment from printing large meeting folders.

Nachteile: There is nothing that I would say I dislike about the site. I'm still learning my way through it as well. Perhaps just a recommendation - if a field can be created where we can assign the department who is submitting for reporting purposes. This allows us to extract all papers submitted by a department or by function in a year. Pardon my ignorance if this is already available.

von BoardBookit an 8.5.2019

Hi Tevita, Thank you so much for your positive feedback! It's wonderful to hear how much time BoardBookit is saving you and your board. We've forwarded your thoughts to engineering regarding the reporting process for future updates and enhancements. Thanks again!

BBI makes my life easier as a board member

Yvonne C.
Risikokapital & privates Eigenkapital, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used BBI for several years plus I have experience with some of the big players in this vertical. BBI performs equally well if not better. Certainly easier to get started and Interact with the program. BBI has everything I need to make my experience as a board member more effective!

Vorteile: Ease of use, intuitive, quick easy ramp up.... features that fit my needs... on going updates and additional features. I participate on multiple boards- helps me manage and keep track of board information and requirements. Excellent product- great value!

Nachteile: Glad they have added additional features, voting, signature

von BoardBookit an 9.5.2019

Hi Yvonne, Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear that you've found our platform intuitive and easy to use! It's also wonderful to hear that you're enjoying our new updates including Voting and eSignatures! Thanks again for taking the time to review BoardBookit!

Best Online Portal!

Bewertet am 1.10.2019
Phyillicia B.
Executive Assistant & Project Coordinator
Rechtsberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: BoardBookit has given us the tools to distribute our board materials and documents; not only electronically but safely! The system has also allowed our managers to E sign materials before deadlines. It has truly been as great addition to our organization.

Vorteile: Ease of Use
Security
PDF
Sharing capabilities

Nachteile: I don't really have any cons just a suggestion about the time entry on the agenda if it could update with the hour and minutes. For example if I place 10 minutes unto the time frame it would put 9:00am-9:10AM on the agenda. We manually type this out but other than that this system is great!

Hi Phyillicia!

Thank you for your kind words. We love to hear that you are enjoying the ease of our portal. It is also great to hear that our functionality and security have been good assistance for your organization.

DGC Alberta District Council - Governance

Bewertet am 21.5.2019
Robert H.
Business Agent
Unterhaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The benefits I have noticed is there is one portal that you need to deal with anything related to your board and committees.

Vorteile: For years we have had problems trying to keep everything related to the board and committees at the tip of our fingers. When taking on my new position with the ADC one of the first tasks I took on was trying to bring a stronger sense of governance. I looked and tried several different types of software. We choose this software because of its ease of setting up. Once you have this completed the biggest problem is getting your board and committees on program.

Nachteile: The features I feel the software is lacking is tracking emails sent through the site to members.

von BoardBookit an 2.7.2019

Hi Robert, Thank you for your review! It's awesome to hear that BoardBookit has proved easy to use for your board members and helped you create a stronger sense of governance! We'll be sure to pass along your suggestion regarding email tracking to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements!