Über Govenda

Board-Portallösung für Unternehmen aller Größen, um Papierprozesse, die Planung von Meetings, das Erstellen von Umfragen und vieles mehr zu automatisieren.

Erfahre mehr über Govenda

The drag, drop and copy features makes the software super easy to use and I can set up meetings & agendas quickly. My Board members have found the software extremely easy to use.

Board members complain that they get logged out during board meetings.

Bewertungen zu Govenda

Govenda hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 165 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Govenda bereits verwendet?

Randy
Randy
President in USA
Musik, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Organize Board Communications & Power-Up Board Meetings

Kommentare: Fabulous company; you can always get someone on the phone and speak directly to a product manager who can resolve your issues. They are responsive, friendly, professional, and quick.

Boardbookit has really helped me to centralize my board communication, our documents (financial statements, board packets, reports), attendance taking, poll taking, and more. You are able to easily assign user permissions, organize users into committees, assemble multiple documents into a printable PDF, and more. I especially like that you can deactivate users without deleting them—ideal if your organization has board members that rotate-off when termed-out, but return the subsequent year. The mobile app on iOS is fantastic; even better than the website itself. Our board is always ready and prepared when they come to meetings, thanks to BoardBookit!

I've encountered a few bugs, but every time I write to Boardbookit about them, they correct them or find me a workaround. I don't have any complaints about the software at all.

Immobilien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Working well for a 12-member board

Keeps everything in one place, securely. I particularly like that, e.g. access to committee meeting agendas or related documents are automatically restricted to committee members. BoardBookit has good functions for managing meeting agendas, and new ones like votes, polls, and tasks have been added since we started using the product.

There are two functions I would like to see added or adjusted. One is that there is no way to post a link individually or in a group, e.g. to share relevant articles with board members, or to link to a shared Google doc or drive. Links must be added to a document and then posted. The second is that for ease of management, ability to write notes on, etc., all uploaded/posted documents including Excel files are converted to pdf format. But sometimes I want to securely share other types of files with the board, e.g. financials in a spreadsheet to be manipulated by other committee or board members.

Antwort von Govenda

HI! Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoy the agenda, votes, polls, and task functionality! The ability to embed URL's into BoardBookit is on our roadmap, expect to see it in the future. I will be sure to pass your other request on to our team. Thanks again!

Teresa
Board Office Manager of Administrative Services in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Enjoyable Experience Using Govenda

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: My experience has been most enjoyable. The system was easy to learn and always user friendly. Customer service is awesome and readily available.

It's user friendliness most of all. We have Board members who have been totally on board for hard copies only. Once we introduced Govenda and they have seen the easy access, 24 hours, and its user friendliness, our turn around for sending out hard copies has decreased. You can imagine the down time for administering this task!

My dislike is a matter of preference. I would like the option of setting margins block style.

Kathy
Director of Operations in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Review

Kommentare: Fine - don't have anything to compare to because this is the first time I am part of a Board.

A common place to store all board documents

Not sure, this is the first type of board software I have used.

Antwort von Govenda

Kathy, Thank you for leaving us a review! I'm glad you've been able to use the board portal for document storage and sharing. If you have any questions about how you could improve your use of the portal, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team! We want to make sure that you are having a great experience with BoardBookit. Thanks again!

DERRICK
Chief Credit Officer in USA
Bankwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Govenda Software Review

Kommentare: Overall, Govenda has been responsive to our requests and has been available to support our needs when we've asked for such support. The software is good software that does what it advertises well. It does have some weaknesses, but it's well positioned within the competitive marketplace of portals that we considered.

The ability to take votes, store them, and provide them later during audits is an important aspect for our business. The software is easy to use and intuitive in its setup. Ultimately, it's a good solution for our use at a price point that is reasonable compared to some other options we explored.

The inability to have multiple file formats can be a challenge. We record video/audio presentations to allow board members or other leaders in our organization to pre-position meeting content with an explained way. The lack of ability to upload and replay videos is a noticeable weakness and something that limits Govenda's use within our organization. We'd likely expand the software use more if this feature was available.

Darlene
IT Project Manager in USA
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Feature-Rich, Best in Class

Kommentare: Excellent, absolutely excellent. The sales process was terrific, onboarding was phenomenal, ongoing training and support are top-notch, and feature development is continuous. The BoardBookit portal itself is exactly what our Board members and the Board liaison needed, easy to use and feature-rich. The price point is also excellent for our organization, with BoardBookit, onboarding, support, and training included in the annual subscription price. Excellent tool, excellent company.

BoardBookit has top-notch, US-based support 24x7 for admin users and Board Member/end users. All support calls by our organization have been handled excellently. Training sessions are provided by BBi professionals directly to end users, anytime, anywhere. BoardBookit is a women-owned, women-led company whose sole focus is on meeting the needs of Board managers and Board members. The BBi end-user interface is accessible via computer, tablet, or mobile device; our Board members find it easy to access and intuitive to use. Our Board Liaison is able to set up, configure, and administrate BBi without assistance from internal IT support. This is an AMAZING testament to BBi's ease of use and excellent product design.

BoardBookit is always adding and developing features and functionality, their product road map is full of great enhancements. The reporting and survey features are relatively new to BoardBookit, which we are happy to have available. Both surveys and reporting deserve more robust functionality, which I believe is already on the BBi road map.

Greg
Advisor in USA
Unterhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to Learn and Use

Kommentare: We don't have paid staff to help administer board activities to managing board activities would be very burdensome to board members to handle such work. Our board is all volunteers to it's important we make it easy for them. And Board Bookit helps us to achieve that goal.

Non-profit boards often have members who are reluctant to let go of the old ways - namely paper. The greatest thing about BoardBookit is that it's so, so easy to learn and use. Our less digitally-savvy board members picked it up so quickly and, initially reluctant, now love it. The 24/7 customer care is also great.

I'm struggling to think of anything. Every new release brings new useful features, so if pressed to come up with some negatives, I suppose bringing out new features faster.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Greg, Thank you for your positive review! It's great to hear that BoardBookit made it easier for your board to adopt paperless board meetings and are loving it! We're always working hard to get our newest feature updates out faster, so stay tuned! Thanks again!

Colleen
Executive Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Govenda works for Us!

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Our experience has been very positive. On the rare occasions when we've had a problem/challenge, the staff have been very accessible and responsive.

Ease of set up and Ease of use. I appreciate the affordability for our small nonprofit; without sacrificing quality.

Any expense is challenging for us; so I appreciated that Govenda was available to us at no cost in the beginning. Now, we've had to add a budget expense to ensure that we have it available going forward.

Kelly
Director of Member Services and Programs in USA
Darstellende Künste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Govenda makes Board Management easy

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Managing our board of directors in Govenda is very easy. I also that all of our documents can be kept securely in one place.

The minutes-taking feature is really clunky. I don't use it.

Jon-Pierre
Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great for Board Work

Kommentare: GREAT! I love working with Govenda and it does a great deal to make my life easier.

I like how much you are able to fully integrate with the product.

Some accessibility issues and documents cannot be downloaded in an editable format if need be.

Linda
Executive Assistant in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Pros and Cons of Govenda

Kommentare: We signed the proposal for the Govenda (aka Boardookit) in March of 2020 when the Pandemic hit so we had to implement the software process to staff and Board members immediately. Customer service was outstanding, they were right there scheduling several training sessions for the admin users and Board members. The implementation went smoothly and we were able to acclimate admin users and members to the software in such a timely manner that we were right on schedule with our meetings. The combination of user friendly software, a Zoom/Govenda interface and having the board files in one location helped our staff and Board members resume business as usual during a difficult time.

The implementing of Govenda for our Board & Committee management was an essential tool for our organization. Going from large packets of hard copies to digital has saved our organization money and made our time more efficient. The secure platform allows our directors to distribute confidential meeting materials in one location and the user friendliness of the software has been essential to our Board members, now they can access the materials virtually from wherever they are, using their devices, even those that are technology challenged.

I have no complaints about the software and have not heard any complaints from admin and/or members users. My only complaint would be that you have to now pay another fee for some of the upgrades (i.e. Calendar integrations, Native file storage and Topics).

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Linda, thank you for taking the time to review Govenda. We are thrilled to hear how our platform has become an essential tool for your organization. We look forward to continuing to serve you and your board!

VP and CFO in USA
Gastgewerbe, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Review of BoardBookIt

Kommentare: We wanted to improve access to information for our Board and Staff. BoardBookit helped us accomplish this.

It has become a great archive of information for our Board and Staff. The product is easy to use, both from the administrator and client standpoints. BoardBookit presents information in an easy to access manner. Board Members who attend meetings by phone now have an easy way to see the same information being discussed in the meeting location.

As a public agency, all of our information is subject to North Carolina Public Information Law. BoardBookIt does not offer a feature where members of the general public can easily access the information we present in board and committee meetings. We been forced to duplicate our work in BoardBookIt to place the same information on our corporate website.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Michael, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! We're happy to hear that we have improved access to information for your board and staff members. We'll also pass along your comments to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements. Thanks again!

Debbie
Executive Assistant to the CEO in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

BoardBookit Review

Kommentare: So far, it's mostly good. We are all still learning the ins and outs of it, but as an administrator, I think it is good.

I like that as an administrator I have the option to sign in as just a user so I can see what they see. I also like that I can create different roles for committee members based on their function within the committee. I also like that it restricts users from creating multiple accounts by using different email addresses. They have to create their log-in information using the email address we have and then they can change it. As a large trade association with over 33,000 members, this makes it easier to keep track of usage.

I think it is a little confusing for members based on if they use a mobile device or laptop/computer to log-in. The way things look in the app are different than they way the appear on a computer. Also, I don't like that the initial email inviting members to join may sometimes go to the junk folder.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Debbie, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! It's great to hear that you're loving the ability to view the platform as a member and the ability to better keep track of board members! Feel free to contact our customer success team if you have any questions regarding your implementation or how to keep emails from moving to the junk folder! Thanks again!

Anna
Administrative Assistant, Sr. in USA
Vorstandsbüro, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Streamlined my Process & made users happy

We have been using BoardBookit shortly after it came out. Prior to using BoardBookit, we created paper agendas w/accompanying documents which were FedExed to our Board. So much paper and time is saved. The Board likes using it, I like using it. I love that all the documents are now automatically archived and easy to find. We can fine tune the agenda until the last minute since we don't have to mail it anymore. I also like that the company is continually improving the product and customer service, which we rarely need because it is so easy to use, is always available.

In the beginning there were some hitches, better now.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Anna, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! It's amazing to hear how much time and paper you're saving with BoardBookit! We're also happy to know that you're loving our secure document archive and our integrated features for last minutes changes. Thanks again!

Sandy
Asst Corp Secretary in USA
Automotive, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Greatest Time and Resource Saver

Kommentare: We are a large company with multiple committees and boards. We first utilized BoardBookit for the Board of Directors of our parent company, reducing costs of photocopying, binding and distributing meeting packets. When we saw how well it works, we quickly migrated all of our board and committee materials to BoardBookit. Everyone loves it.

This software is very user friendly and adaptable.

We honestly haven't found anything to not like about BoardBookit.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Sandy! Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit. It is wonderful to hear that you find our portal user-friendly and adaptable. We are so glad you were able to quickly migrate all of your materials to BoardBookit. Thanks again!

Vice President in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent easy To use board tool

Kommentare: It helped up streamline our communications and meeting management as well as increased our board accountability within the org by saving time for meeting minutes, attendance taking and reducing printing thus having a + impact on the environment

Very easy for all board members to learn and use.

Cannot click on active hyperlinks to virtual meeting invitations

Antwort von Govenda

Hello Michael! Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit. I am so happy to hear that our portal is easy. It is also really nice to know that we are able to increase your board efficiency. Please note that the ability to embed hyperlinks into the meeting details is on our roadmap, expect it in the near future. Thanks again!

Susanne
Director of Finance in USA

BordBookIt is Fantastic for Sharing Important Informaiton

BoardBookIt has changed the way we run our board meetings and share important documents with our Board of Directors. It is quick and easy to share reports, plan meetings and find relevant documents. BoarBookIt has streamlined many processes for our team and we no longer spend time searching for documents and re-sending them, everyone can find whatever they are looking for with ease.

It would be nice if there were sub folders in the financial documents section. I called support regarding this topic and the representative was able to help us with a work around. So this con is not not a big deal.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Susanne. Thanks for the BoardBookit review. It is so exciting to hear that our portal has saved you time and has increased your Board efficiency. It is also great to know that our Support Team was able to assist you. I will be sure to mention your suggestion for the financials section to our team. Thanks again!

Helen
Assistant Account Executive in USA
Vorstandsbüro, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

BoardBookit for Trustees

Kommentare: My overall experience has been great, the ease of using the system is awesome.

I like most is the central location of everything. The opportunity to expand and use more of the features of BoardBookit would be ideal for a paperless environment, making it more efficient and clean. Grateful for the support we have received to date from our rep, she has truly answered all of our questions and took our feedback to review for our needs. Appreciate that!

Awaiting the roll out of the "Survey" option. We do a lot of email polls and also require documents to be completed and signed by the trustees. The maximum currently on the vote option is 500 characters, while this seems like ample space it isn't for our needs. Some of the questionnaires we submit for completion have over 1,000 characters with multiple choice options. We are hoping with the Survey rollout, this would replace the "Vote" and "eSign" features with what we need.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Helen, Thanks for taking the time to review BoardBookit! It's great to hear how much you're enjoying a central location for all of your board materials. Also, Surveys is launching very soon, so hang in there! Thanks again!

Craig
Director of Philanthropy in USA

Way Better Than Email

Kommentare: see above

Organizing volunteers is hard enough, and is made especially difficult by the email overload that we all face in 2019. The best thing about BoardBookit is that is allows Administration to sequester communications with boards, the VIP volunteer corps, directly and confidentially into a discrete digital space. No more hunting around for "that email with that agenda that that admin sent last month," or "did we set a time or the next committee meeting/who is attending," nor disengagement on the call-in because documents can be found. BoardBookit organizes all of these functions an much more into one shared experience.

For some reason, some emails generated in BoardBookit end up in some users' spam folders, which creates a necessity for alert/reminder redundancy that is annoying/inefficient. Probably just a user setting, and again these are volunteers who are already doing a lot and software ought to be seamless in order to keep them at their highest potential engagement.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Craig! Thank you for the review. It is wonderful to hear that our portal is able to provide you organization as well as a shared experience, it sounds like you are making great use of the portal! In regards to emails going to spam folders, I will be sure to discuss this with my team. Thanks again!

Heather
CEO in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Keep Board Processes Clean and Professional

Kommentare: It has been excellent!

Non-profit boards are often heavy-laden volunteers trying to keep an organization going strong. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] helps the board function professionally and keep records clean. The platform prompts boards to move through an agenda, post minutes and keep things moving along in an organized manner.

It really is fantastic other than a few tweaks!

Antwort von Govenda

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Heather. We love hearing how our platform is contributing to your board's success!

Irfan
Sr. Consultant MIS in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great Software

How everything is managed in one software.

I like everything about the software.

Antwort von Govenda

Irfan, thank you for sharing your positive experience using Govenda! We are pleased to hear that you are happy with our Board Success Platform and are looking forward to continuing to serve you and your board.

Carl
COO in USA

Great Board portal

Very easy to set up meetings and add/update content. Broad capabilities to store reference documents, do polls/surveys. Well liked by even our non-techie Board members. Very responsive customer support. Haven't yet used some of the other capabilities (e.g., live meeting presentation) but has everything we will need

The impact of settings isn't always clear (e.g., publishing an agenda vs publishing the meeting) so sometimes leads to a disconnect between what thought was sent to recipients vs what they got. Also many of our Board members still like printing a hard copy for travel and then join the meeting via conference call; unfortunately BoardBookit doesn't focus much on the printed book so makes it a bit more challenging (e.g., no page numbers in agenda)

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Carl! Thank you for the BoardBookit review. It is great to hear that you find our portal easy to use! We love to hear that your board members really like our product and that our Customer Support is able to assist you! Keep in mind that when you create an Agenda as a PDF it does include page numbers and the same for when you create a board book as a PDF. If you are struggling to see where that may be, please reach out to BoardBookit Support. Thanks again!

Jean
Vice President - Administration in USA
Bankwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

They actually listen!

Kommentare: Recommendations for various enhancements to Boardbookit's functionality were submitted. Within a very short period of time Boadbookit's team reached out to us to clarify our concerns and then took steps to implement changes to enhance the user experience. They are always friendly, professional, and attentive to improving the software.

The ease of use of this software over the prior board book software used by our company has made my life easier when it comes to the monthly compilation of our Board books. Also the pricing is much more in line with the level of our needs and usage.

We didn't like the way the book's agenda would always bounce back to the top as you add items requiring you to constantly scroll back down to where you left off.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Jean, Thank you for the wonderful review! We're happy that BoardBookit has enhanced the way to compile board books for your monthly meetings! As always, we will forward your concerns about the agenda scrolling to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements. Thanks again!

Faye
Executive Assistant Office Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

No Hassle Set-up

Kommentare: It has been great for our quarterly Board Meetings. I can go in and pull data from past reports. Duplication is easy, I don't have to re-create the report set-up for the next meeting, its already there for me to edit for upcoming meetings.

I love BoardBookit because it eliminates the hassle of having to set up a meeting packet. its very easy to fill-in and download, then distribute. Its also very easy to edit and delete information.

I really don't have any. the first time I used it, I was never confused with the steps or how to maneuver through the various sections.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Faye! Thank you so much for the kind words about BoardBookit. We love to hear that our portal has given you ease when creating board meetings. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to BoardBookit Support. Thanks again!

James
Director, Education Programs and Conferences in USA

An Excellent Product

Kommentare: Excellent. I love it.

Very easy to administer and easily used by board members.

It’s a little ridged. This could be used for lots of other purposes, but the titles and labeling it strictly for boards. You have to explain what it is if you use your it for other purposes.