Über Govenda

Board-Portallösung für Unternehmen aller Größen, um Papierprozesse, die Planung von Meetings, das Erstellen von Umfragen und vieles mehr zu automatisieren.

Erfahre mehr über Govenda

Very user-friendly; easy to administer; cost effective.

Board members complain that they get logged out during board meetings.

Bewertungen zu Govenda

Govenda hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 157 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Govenda bereits verwendet?

Randy
Randy
President in USA
Musik, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Organize Board Communications & Power-Up Board Meetings

Kommentare: Fabulous company; you can always get someone on the phone and speak directly to a product manager who can resolve your issues. They are responsive, friendly, professional, and quick.

Boardbookit has really helped me to centralize my board communication, our documents (financial statements, board packets, reports), attendance taking, poll taking, and more. You are able to easily assign user permissions, organize users into committees, assemble multiple documents into a printable PDF, and more. I especially like that you can deactivate users without deleting them—ideal if your organization has board members that rotate-off when termed-out, but return the subsequent year. The mobile app on iOS is fantastic; even better than the website itself. Our board is always ready and prepared when they come to meetings, thanks to BoardBookit!

I've encountered a few bugs, but every time I write to Boardbookit about them, they correct them or find me a workaround. I don't have any complaints about the software at all.

Immobilien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Working well for a 12-member board

Keeps everything in one place, securely. I particularly like that, e.g. access to committee meeting agendas or related documents are automatically restricted to committee members. BoardBookit has good functions for managing meeting agendas, and new ones like votes, polls, and tasks have been added since we started using the product.

There are two functions I would like to see added or adjusted. One is that there is no way to post a link individually or in a group, e.g. to share relevant articles with board members, or to link to a shared Google doc or drive. Links must be added to a document and then posted. The second is that for ease of management, ability to write notes on, etc., all uploaded/posted documents including Excel files are converted to pdf format. But sometimes I want to securely share other types of files with the board, e.g. financials in a spreadsheet to be manipulated by other committee or board members.

Antwort von Govenda

HI! Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoy the agenda, votes, polls, and task functionality! The ability to embed URL's into BoardBookit is on our roadmap, expect to see it in the future. I will be sure to pass your other request on to our team. Thanks again!

Kathy
Director of Operations in Kanada

Review

Kommentare: Fine - don't have anything to compare to because this is the first time I am part of a Board.

A common place to store all board documents

Not sure, this is the first type of board software I have used.

Antwort von Govenda

Kathy, Thank you for leaving us a review! I'm glad you've been able to use the board portal for document storage and sharing. If you have any questions about how you could improve your use of the portal, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team! We want to make sure that you are having a great experience with BoardBookit. Thanks again!

Darlene
IT Project Manager in USA
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Feature-Rich, Best in Class

Kommentare: Excellent, absolutely excellent. The sales process was terrific, onboarding was phenomenal, ongoing training and support are top-notch, and feature development is continuous. The BoardBookit portal itself is exactly what our Board members and the Board liaison needed, easy to use and feature-rich. The price point is also excellent for our organization, with BoardBookit, onboarding, support, and training included in the annual subscription price. Excellent tool, excellent company.

BoardBookit has top-notch, US-based support 24x7 for admin users and Board Member/end users. All support calls by our organization have been handled excellently. Training sessions are provided by BBi professionals directly to end users, anytime, anywhere. BoardBookit is a women-owned, women-led company whose sole focus is on meeting the needs of Board managers and Board members. The BBi end-user interface is accessible via computer, tablet, or mobile device; our Board members find it easy to access and intuitive to use. Our Board Liaison is able to set up, configure, and administrate BBi without assistance from internal IT support. This is an AMAZING testament to BBi's ease of use and excellent product design.

BoardBookit is always adding and developing features and functionality, their product road map is full of great enhancements. The reporting and survey features are relatively new to BoardBookit, which we are happy to have available. Both surveys and reporting deserve more robust functionality, which I believe is already on the BBi road map.

Heather
Executive Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Game Changer

Kommentare: We had looked at different options - password protected portal on website (too cumbersome to keep updated); Google docs (cumbersome, and not easy to manage); Boardable - cost/features were limited

Given the remote nature of my board members, this tool has proved indispensable! They receive alerts, notices, access to all documents and meeting schedules from any device. Storage of historical documents has saved me so much time in not having to respond to one-off requests. Easy to use/learn.

I would like to be able to have tracking in emails sent/opened; ability to edit offline votes; tasks are cumbersome to enter/manage; esignatures are very limiting -ie: I need one approval, and could be any one of three signers, but requiring all three to sign is cumbersome.

Desirée
Business Operations and Partnership Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent value for the price

Kommentare: This has been an excellent way to streamline our governance operations and keep sensitive documents secure.

This software does an excellent job at providing a high amount of functionality with an intuitive interface, on both the user-facing end and on the admin-facing end. This is very important because many of our users are late adopters to technology. The designers of the software clearly had a keen understanding of their audience and what their needs are. This software meets our basic needs and at a fair price.

The software's functionality is, in many ways, "silo-ed." So, for instance, if you upload a document to one area of the board portal, you also have to upload it to every other place you'd like for it to appear. In other words, you can't effectively link to or refer to information stored on different parts of the portal. Also, we have two affiliate companies under an umbrella company -- there's no real way on the portal to delineate this on the portal; it is primarily set up for one sole organization.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Desiree! Thank you so much for taking the time to review BoardBookit. Thank you for the wonderful compliment to our user experience and developers regarding the intuitive interface. I will definitely pass that along. I will also pass along your feedback regarding the silo-ed feel of the portal. Thanks again!

Jacki
Executive Assistant/Office Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

My worklife is soooo much easier!

Kommentare: The best experience -- right from the beginning -- is the support. If we can't figure it out on email, someone calls and we set up an appointment to get it right.
Everyone has been friendly from the very beginning.

1) "Cloning" meetings and agendas 2) Emailing right from the site to our Board members 3) All of our Board members took to the site at the first meeting 4) Presentations are done right from Bookit now instead of working back and forth with Powerpoint and printed materials; we just project Bookit to the screen 5) No more dealing with Adobe; which is not always user friendly with Excel documents

1) Agenda formatting; but we have a workaround; I wish there was a way to reduce/increase font size, margins, and the ability to put spacing inbetween agenda items.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Jacki! Thank you for the BoardBookit review. We absolutely love to hear that our Support Team has been able to provide you such good service. It is also great to know that you are enjoying the portal functionality, I will be sure to pass on your agenda formatting suggestions to our team. Thanks again!

Greg
Advisor in USA
Unterhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to Learn and Use

Kommentare: We don't have paid staff to help administer board activities to managing board activities would be very burdensome to board members to handle such work. Our board is all volunteers to it's important we make it easy for them. And Board Bookit helps us to achieve that goal.

Non-profit boards often have members who are reluctant to let go of the old ways - namely paper. The greatest thing about BoardBookit is that it's so, so easy to learn and use. Our less digitally-savvy board members picked it up so quickly and, initially reluctant, now love it. The 24/7 customer care is also great.

I'm struggling to think of anything. Every new release brings new useful features, so if pressed to come up with some negatives, I suppose bringing out new features faster.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Greg, Thank you for your positive review! It's great to hear that BoardBookit made it easier for your board to adopt paperless board meetings and are loving it! We're always working hard to get our newest feature updates out faster, so stay tuned! Thanks again!

Mauricia
Company Secretary in Antigua und Barbuda
Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Govenda Review 2022

Kommentare: Great

User friendly and effective. It is easy to add and delete documents. I like that users outside of the administrator isn't prompted by all notices when changes are made.

My Board members have a problem suggesting amendments and making notes on documents. I suggest a box option to add comments to minutes and documents and a share options so it can be seen and or accessed by members

letztes Jahr

Hi Mauricia, thank you so much for taking the time to review Govenda. We love hearing how effective and user friendly our board portal is for our customers. We appreciate and have taken note of the comment box suggestion as we are always looking for ways to make board management easier for our customers!

Derrick
Chief Credit Officer in USA
Bankwesen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

New user

Kommentare: Consistently locating votes for various committees which removes the clutter in our emails.

The ability to create and record votes was the primary driver behind our decision to purchase this software.

The two biggest cons are the inability to clone votes and the voting output. We are having to create votes that always have the same 4 voting options. We are also using a screen swipe for the final votes. When using the print options the only option for the vote is to have the word "Yes" in the column for the vote. So, when you setup the votes with options such as "No, Decline, Deny"etc the output shows as "Yes." This has confused some of our voters resulting in a necessary explanation that it means "Yes, I voted for 'No'" The screen swipe uses simple checkmarks in the same columns which is far less confusing.

VP and CFO in USA
Gastgewerbe, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Review of BoardBookIt

Kommentare: We wanted to improve access to information for our Board and Staff. BoardBookit helped us accomplish this.

It has become a great archive of information for our Board and Staff. The product is easy to use, both from the administrator and client standpoints. BoardBookit presents information in an easy to access manner. Board Members who attend meetings by phone now have an easy way to see the same information being discussed in the meeting location.

As a public agency, all of our information is subject to North Carolina Public Information Law. BoardBookIt does not offer a feature where members of the general public can easily access the information we present in board and committee meetings. We been forced to duplicate our work in BoardBookIt to place the same information on our corporate website.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Michael, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! We're happy to hear that we have improved access to information for your board and staff members. We'll also pass along your comments to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements. Thanks again!

Penny
Executive Assistant in USA
Bankwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

BoardBookit Review

Kommentare: My overall experience with BoardBookit has been very good. All meeting information is housed in one location with easy access to current and previous meeting documents in a secure environment. Our meeting information can be accessed through apple or android devices at any time.

What I like most about BoardBookit is how easy it was to get started and implement company wide. We use this software for all of our board and committee meetings. I like the fact that you can import previous agendas rather than starting each meeting from scratch. You can add documents when they become available as opposed to waiting until all documents are received to upload. If items need to be moved on the agenda, it's as easy as dragging and dropping where needed. BoardBookit is VERY user friendly. The customer support line is very helpful.

I haven't found anything that I do not like about this software.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Penny, Thank you so much for your positive review! It's wonderful to hear that you have had such a successful implementation and found BoardBookit user friendly for every member of your board! Thanks again!

EJ
Executive Assistant in USA
Telekommunikation, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I'm New But Up-to-Speed!

Kommentare: BoardBookit keeps everyone connected, without a bunch of emails! Everyone knows to check their meeting for uploaded documents and doesn't have to worry about meetings they are not a part of. You can limit the number of Notifications and Reminders sent. You are able to forward load the system and only publish the upcoming months meetings; again, relieving the members of multiple notices for dates they may forget about. I am more hands on and "control" the program tighter than my predecessor.

Learning curve is minimal for tech savvy and moderately savvy individuals.

Not being able to make adjustments and continue in the same location/document. Edit the Agenda and it takes you out of the Meeting document.

Antwort von Govenda

Hello EJ! Thank you for your BoardBookit review. We are thrilled that you've found our platform easy to learn. Your Customer Success Specialist will be reaching out to understand your feedback about editing the agenda so we can pass that on to our development team. Thank you!

Kori
Executive Assistant to the CEO in USA
Bankwesen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Govenda Review

I like how user friendly the software is. I also like how I can manage users, and lock the settings on specific documents to ensure what users have access to view the document. I also really like the ability to include a note in the communication that is sent when changes are made, prior to the communication being shared with the recipient(s).

When the system glitches (agenda items don't save after typing, attachments don't load into the agenda, the import function doesn't work properly), it is a big hinderance and doesn't offer much flexibility. This rarely happens, but when it has happened it has been very frustrating due to the high level of importance of the work that is completed in the site.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Kori, thank you for taking time to leave this review. We appreciate the feedback and are happy to hear you're enjoying our permission settings and communication tools. We are committed to making Govenda as user friendly as possible, and that includes offering a seamless experience for our users. Thank you again for the review!

Jessica
Director of Operations in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

BoardBookit definitely helps us conserve a few resources

Kommentare: We save an enormous amount of time putting together our board meeting materials, our annual meeting materials and our orientation materials. Our trustees are very happy with the ability to access organizational materials on the fly. We do feel that added expenses is money well spent!

The fact that we have substantially reduced the need to print and mail materials; the ease with which staff can put together meeting agendas and materials. The portability of materials has been a plus for our trustees who are spread around the state.

The process to join and review the documents has proven to be difficult and it is too easy for user to get kicked out and then the struggle to rejoin becomes disruptive to the meeting. Really wish you could use it to poll trustees for meeting dates. Also, it would be really nice if notes that folks makes on the materials could be shared.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Jessica, It's so wonderful to hear that BoardBookit has made it easier for you to compile and distribute board materials! Also, you actually can poll trustees for meeting dates. So, feel free to contact our Customer Success team and they can walk you through this functionality! Thanks again!

Karla
Executive & Board Administrative Assistant in USA
Bankwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Overall review

Kommentare: It has made like a lot easier now that I have everyone working on one system

We have all the meeting through out the bank in one place and it is easy to locate documents needed.

Converting agenda to minutes not user friendly at all you can not make them look good unless you copy and paste into a word document everything starts getting out of order need to be able to easily change positioning on the minutes.

Robert
Business Agent in Kanada
Unterhaltung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

DGC Alberta District Council - Governance

Kommentare: The benefits I have noticed is there is one portal that you need to deal with anything related to your board and committees.

For years we have had problems trying to keep everything related to the board and committees at the tip of our fingers. When taking on my new position with the ADC one of the first tasks I took on was trying to bring a stronger sense of governance. I looked and tried several different types of software. We choose this software because of its ease of setting up. Once you have this completed the biggest problem is getting your board and committees on program.

The features I feel the software is lacking is tracking emails sent through the site to members.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Robert, Thank you for your review! It's awesome to hear that BoardBookit has proved easy to use for your board members and helped you create a stronger sense of governance! We'll be sure to pass along your suggestion regarding email tracking to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements!

Catherine
Board Chair in USA
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

User Friendly Board Portal that has Revolutionized our Board Process

BoardBookit allows us to store all our governance documents and communicate with our Board and staff all in one place. Setting up meetings and creating a Board agenda is so much easier with this software. We have also really appreciated the document signing and voting functionality. I also appreciate the willingness of the BoardBookit team to entertain new product enhancements.

The calendar in Board Bookit only shows meetings currently. I wish the software had a calendar that allowed Board tasks (e.g., review of the 990, budget review, etc.) to be listed on a published calendar. While larger organizations might not need something like that, for a small organization like ours, it would be helpful for all the members to see what’s coming up for the Board.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Catherine, Thank you for your review! It's great to hear that your board is better organized and engaged with BoardBookit! We're also happy that you're loving our voting and eSignature functionality! We'll also pass along your suggestions to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements!

florence
Board Secretary Assistant in Fidschi
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Boardbookit is awesome

Kommentare: The benefits of using Boardbookit is that:
1. saving cost on lot of paper as we used to print our board papers
2. saves a lot of time
3. user friendly
4. Board Members are able to access the papers at anytime and anywhere preferable
5. uploading last minute papers isn't a problem now because before we would have to deliver papers to the board members residence around late at night
6. saving cost of tonners
7. makes the compiling and organising of Board Meetings and papers so much easier and efficient.

I like that its so easy to use. its so user friendly and makes compiling of Board Papers so easy. I used to print all our board papers and had to manual number the pages and our Board Packages always consist of 350 pages and more and Board Bookie makes my work so much easier by generating the Agenda and numbering all the pages automatically. And the fact that the Board Papers are able to be accessed at any time and anywhere is really awesome:) It also automatically links the meeting date to outlook which sets as a reminder before the meeting which is really great. overall, I really love Boardbookit

probably the fact that we have to upload everything in PDF form and I usually sometimes have to upload presentations and excels sheets but I would have to save it first in PDF form before uploading. apart from that I have no further comments

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Florence! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review BoardBookit. It is so nice to hear that you find our portal to be easy and user-friendly. We enjoy knowing that you find great use of our functionality and that you love our product. I will be sure to speak with my team about being able to upload documents into the documents section that are not only just PDF's. Thanks again!

SANDY
CEO in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Product Review

Kommentare: I enjoy the ease of uploading documents. The simplicity of using it makes it so covenant. I do have to spend much time teaching new user

It is very easy for my board . They haven't started using the voting part of the software yet, I hope to teach them this part next

I am not sure I have found anything that I do not like.

Antwort von Govenda

Hello Sandy! Thank you for such a kind review. We are glad to hear that you and your board find that our portal is easy to use. Please feel free to reach out to BoardBookit Support when you have a new user, we will be more than happy to set up a training session with them to walk them through the portal! Thanks again!

Becky
Trustee in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A life saver

Kommentare: Our experience has been positive overall. BoardBookit support has been very good. Although it takes a little time to get used to the system, you can become functional on it without a huge effort.

It’s been relatively easy to implement. We have never used a tool like this and our board consists of varying ages and abilities. Nearly everyone is up and running with it, and it already saves time and aggravation in accessing and sharing information, conducting votes, etc.

Doesn’t allow a multi-day meeting. Our board meetings run from Friday evening through noon Sunday and we have to set up three separate meetings to accommodate this.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Becky, Thank you for your honest review! We are so happy to hear that BoardBookit was easy to implement for your board with diverse ages and saving you time. BoardBookit is always taking the honest feedback of our customers seriously when enhancing our platform, so we will forward your concerns about multi-day meetings to our engineering team. Thanks again!

Deborah
President & CEO in USA
Telekommunikation, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

BoardBookit has made our board so much more efficient and support is phenomenal!

Kommentare: BoardBookit saved us time and made the jobs of the admins who manage the board easier. It also helped us to get more benefit from our board members because they were happier and well-prepared. Also, for a while, we really wanted phone apps to accompany the iPad and Android apps. But those have been released now.

After four years of using BoardBookit, I could list a ton of pros. First, we were able to make the switch quickly and with little issue. Learning to use the portal for both our admins and board members was simple and the BoardBookit team walked us through any questions or concerns we had about moving our current process into the portal. BoardBookit has allowed us to manage our meeting materials with such ease and it has cut down significantly on the time we used to spend on meeting prep. It's also really helped our board members because they have access to reference materials that they previously had to request from us.

Jessica
Managed Care Coordinator / Sr. Administrative Assistant in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Good, funtional option for organizations

Kommentare: It is a good fit for our organization and our board members like have easy access to different documents such as monthly financials and budgets without having to email someone every month.

Easy and functional software to use for multiple meetings and users. You can pull the agendas forward and not need to recreate new agendas every month. The ability to contact users within the portal is nice - reminders are a great feature.

Privacy within users and meetings could be better. There needs to be a level between administrator and user. Need to have the ability to save documents you use in meetings every month within the system so you don't have to upload each time.

Antwort von Govenda

Hi Jessica, Thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you're loving BoardBookit's functionality and agenda creation! We'll pass along your suggestions to our engineering team for future updates. Also, our Customer Success team is always available to walk you through some great BoardBookit tips!

Rosemary
Legal Counsel in Nigeria
Chemikalien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Board BookIT makes it much easier to manage Board administration

Compared to some other Board administration Software i have used in the past, Board BookIT has more features that aids in managing Board activities in any given period. Particularly I like the reminders it sends out to Board members prior to any meeting, the ease in extracting attendance of members for audit purposes and the fact that Minutes can be taken right there on the Software. Although we are yet to try this but the fact that it has the feature is great. Also documents can be signed electronically on the software. Overall it is an amazing Software and I absolutely enjoy using it.

I struggled a bit while initially navigating the software. Played around it a while longer and got a hang of it. I believe the software could use an improvement on the ease of navigation.

Antwort von Govenda

Rosemary, Thanks for your kind review! I'm glad you've had a positive experience with us and that you're enjoying the many features BoardBookit has to offer. If you ever have questions on navigating through the board portal, or simply want a refresher training course, don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team! Thanks again.

Tika
Administrative Coordinator in USA

Ease of navigating

Kommentare: As a foundation we made a committee to become environmentally friendly by using less paper and this product has eliminated us from printing over 300 pages per quarter.

I really like the ease of navigating documents and how easy it is learn on your own by just playing around with the product. We use this 4 times a year for our board and committee meetings and everyone seems to be able to navigate without training.

I have not encounter any cons with the software but I am still learning.

Antwort von Govenda

Hello Tika! Thank you for your BoardBookit review. It is awesome to hear that our portal is easy to use for you and your board. We are so glad you have saved 300 pages of paper per quarter from using BoardBookit. Thanks again!