Über talech

talech ist ein cloudbasiertes Point-of-Sale-Software-System für Restaurants, Bars und Cafés sowie Einzelhandels- und Dienstleistungsunternehmen.

Erfahre mehr über talech

It looks like from the start that it would be easy to use and everything should connect without an issue and it did at first.

It is sometimes difficult to navigate for reporting.

Bewertungen zu talech

4,0
3,9
3,7
3,7

talech hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,9 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 329 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du talech bereits verwendet?

Cindy

Love it

Easy to use many choices to choose from equipment wise and their support is amazing well worth it

Really I don't have an it's easy to use and any questions I had technical support answered them

kyle
owner in USA

talech Review

Kommentare: so so

the theory of it. the thought that i could do everything i was told it could easily and a low cost.

versatility or lack of versatility. i run into issues with contacts and open orders when i try to make changes. the website seems to be very touchy.

Mary Ann
Co-Owner in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I'm considering switching to a different POS system

Kommentare: At first, we all loved our new Talech POS. It is very easy to use and train new hires on. Then all these updates rolled in and some of the features didn't work for us. First, employees were able to print out their daily time sheet that included their sales for the day. This was not a good thing for our company, because we work as a team and we have people on the sales floor making the sales and then people processing orders at the end of the day. Of course, processors would seem like they made the most money that day. I have tried to get this changed, but was told it couldn't happen in the near future, but it was noted. Then, we experienced some glitches in the discount button. last week, we tried to apply a 10% discount, and it would register as giving a discount in the $1000's. This was really frustrating and I haven't had a chance yet to call tech support. Shortly there after on a busy Thursday, we were unable to process credit cards because that option was down in the system. Luckily, we had an analog credit card machine that we were able to use. I tried calling tech support for 4 hours, and couldn't get through. We had to wait to process orders until the next day when the system was up and running again. Another thing we have issues with is finding tickets to reference an open order. Apparently, it purges from the system after 3 months and we have to call tech support to retrieve it. There are a few other issues that I have that I am unable to articulate right now, but that is the bulk of my frustration with the program. Please take these responses into consideration. Having my concerns addressed and fixed would be amazing as I love this program and I want it to succeed so that my business can succeed as well. Thank you for taking the time to read my review. Please contact me to discuss further.

That it is cloud based and we use apple ipads

It is glitchy at times, the time sheet with individual employee sales needs to go. Purging 3 month old tickets and we can't find them unless we call tech support.

Antwort von talech

Thanks for sharing the feedback and chatting with us about your experience. We are checking on some features and will get back to you soon.

Theresa
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Works for simple to complex operations

Kommentare: We have used them with two separate businesses. One was a quick service, and the current one is a full service, fine dining environment. The register works with both of these. I was surprised at how easily we were able to expand and control our in-house systems. They have become so feature-rich over the years. Staff train quickly on it. Price point is competitive. Customer service is very good.

Discounting weekly specials - set once and done Tagging for specific printers, discounts Loyalty program Reporting Time Clck and time sheets Online ordering Table management

ICMP readers are sometimes an issue Wish there was an integrated reservation system

Christopher
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Ease of use

Kommentare: The new house account stuff seems to be a benefit for someone like me. I let folks run a tab. The software has gone down on me a few times during a shift and Talech just asks you to be patient. The lack of knowledge from the help desk is frustrating.

Easy to navigate, fairly straight forward.

If there is an issue, it all goes down and customer service is not helpful usually. I have had to call other IT people in to get us up and running because help desk usually can't or they take an hour for a one button fix to a problem.

Kate
General Manager in USA
Restaurants, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Marty's Restaurant & Retail Operational Review of Talech POS System

Kommentare: We have only solved the items under Pros. although talech systems also begins to make it easier for us to do at least retail inventory easier to determine.
However, dealing with a customer service staff who are really only there to get us off the phone as quickly as possible while attempting to fix a specific problem is frustrating. More often than not, they are not given the time to sufficiently understand the problem or issue or don't really care, and more often than not, we get instructions to go to online help, with not even what specific topic we're supposed to look under. Time and time again, when I've asked for help to create reports I want, there is not only a misconnect in understanding (my tech language is not very good) but most of the responses I have gotten in the past year is that work on the reporting features are not a priority and therefore will not be addressed in any determinable near future.
We got Talech to grow our business. While it has helped it has also been a disappointment as it is not as user friendly as we thought. And the ability of customer service to understand and help us resolve the issues we have, while lately much better on very specific items, has on more complex issues on a admin level been very disappointing. Talech customer service is good about adding techy and trendy additional features but not so good at organizing the information to manage the actual administrative business needs of business owners & managers.

1. Makes it easy for customers to check out faster 2. Makes it easy for servers to send menu tickets to the kitchen

1. Reporting features. The totals in each categories (retail, or restaurant) are never totaled. Bank settlement totals for different forms of payments, etc., are the only totals there are except Dine In, and To Go, tips, and gratuity. We got the POS system so we could get reports on costs, profitability, in each category both in beverages (wine, draft beers and food (per menu items- quantities of items sold within each category also) and current inventory in each category, per selected periods of time. I find that we have to basically create our own templates in Excel, download the period of time we are reviewing, and copying the categories & items to our exel templates which then subtotals the categories we want to see to determine how we are doing in each category or with any particular item within the categories.

President in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Normal POS system.

Has lots of options. I can manage employess with this.

It is not stable. Especially if I use this with 3~4stations , it is not working properly.

Tarek
restaurant owner in USA
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

be aware of the billing department

Kommentare: software is ok but very mad with the Billing department if they owe you money, you have to suffer before you get it plus you have to be so mean for them to listen.

the ease of use and the features the software offer. plus you don't need to give away the credit card processing service.

credit cards integration and online double charges

Very functional, great backend reporting, quite user friendly

Ease of use is it's strong point for sure! I've trained a volunteer to use it in a matter of minutes. It really takes the feel of a standard cash register, compatible with all sorts of Bluetooth devices for card readers, scanners, and printers. Looking up previous sales and daily totals by various segmented data is great, no needing to log into a separate program or computer interface.

It can be a little bit of a pain when trying to work with both a keyboard and a Bluetooth device, or if you are using multiple terminals close to one another. I also dislike the open order feature, it defaults to saving any order you've started prior and just lists them for days.

Bookkeeper in Kanada
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Decent program for small business

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Easy to use Easy to enter inventory Reports easy to produce

Nothing really, it works just fine for my small business.

Casey
owner of womens clothing boutique in USA

WORST PIECE OF TECH AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IVE EVER ENCOUNTERED

Kommentare: HORRIBLE AND INCOMPETENT

SAVE YOURSELF, WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT PURCHASE TALECH OR POYNT FOR YOUR POS SYSTEM. I have never in my life experience such INCOMPETENCE and trouble with a system and with customer service. One day the system decides to work and the next it's broken. I easily refunded my customers the first couple of months with this system and now the system doesn't allow me to. Whenever a MAJOR problem occurs, (every day) I go to call customer service and get the same agent who has absolutely no clue what he's talking about and puts me on hold for hours at a time to google what I've already tried to look up on my own. I know more about the system then the own company does. Not to mention when I first received this system my rep told me I would be receiving a bar code scanner, cash drawer, bar code printer, etc. I received NOTHING except a piece of junk tiny little screen and they continue to charge me for this "bundle package" that doesnt exist. I can not stress anymore how HORRIBLE this system and the customer service is as equally bad. For your own sanity, DO NOT PURCHASE!!!!!!

something new breaks every day on the back end and when I call customer service they are unable to help me and instead of resolving it, they tell me there is a glitch in my system and that theres nothing they can do.

Bekleidung & Mode, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Talech Review

Kommentare: Overall, I think that my Talech experience is positive. Unfortunately, we have had some really bad issues recently and that has effectively lowered my overall ratings. There has been several processing outages in the past few months, more now than the past 12-18 months. We lost some sales recently because Elavon went down for several hours and we could not process credit card transactions which is the majority of our business. We have 2 stores operating Talech and there is no business connection between stores to transfer inventory, recognize sales transactions or perform returns across multiple stores. Elavon is not the best database for capturing customer sales transactions because you can't use the data for marketing or other purposes as far as I know. I feel that the upgrades are just dumped upon the users without a whole lot of information behind what is new or has changed. There is no step-by-step business process for each and every type of potential transaction, so training is on the job.

Ease of use

Updates are a surprise and we are not well informed about the changes

Antwort von talech

We appreciate hearing from you, Brian. We are sorry to hear that you have not happy with the product recently. A member of our product team has reached out via email and phone to set up a time to chat and learn more about your business needs and how talech could work better for you. Please reply at your convenience. We'd love to chat and help.

Eric
owner in USA

Better than the Big Boys

Kommentare: I own a coffee shop / cafe in New Mexico. Before this I have worked in all positions imaginable in many different types of restaurants. I have used most of the Big Name POS systems out there. As a manager I had to program them, change prices, add buttons and all that. Usually you have to do these things in the middle of a big rush on top of ten other things. I'll tell you what, Talech is by far the easiest I have ever encountered. I can add a button, scratch that, I can have an employee add a button with a few instructions over the phone! Also, by using ipads as terminals, my costs stay way low. a refurbished ipad is like $200. Compared to the other guys' pricey terminals, they are practically disposable. I bought a backup just in case! I love Talech and will tell it to anyone willing to listen. In this business, it is nice to find something that works!

Low initial cost. Intuitive setup. Rapid adjustability

Not compatible with Android OS

Antwort von talech

We're so happy to hear that you are happy customer after 2+ years, Eric! Thank you for being a loyal talech customer and for writing a review. If there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here for you!

IT in USA

Worst customer support

Kommentare: Software has worked fine. Support - worst I've dealt with. Some reps are helpful, most just want you off the phone.

Software is relatively simple to use. We're using it for a fast service, and it does quite well.

The support is HORRIBLE. While they say they offer 24X7 support, pretty much every single call in has been told that it's 48 hours to get any resolution. Anything after hours is pretty much nothing. Something as simple as opening a seasonal store results in HOURS of getting passed around trying to figure out how to get it working. Having support cloning a menu between locations resulted in a completely messed up menu, and then we were told oh, nobody here can fix it until Monday. As if being completely down for the entire weekend is acceptable! With a POS system, it needs to work NOW. Not in 48 hours.

Ginny
Founder, Head-Honcho Cashier & Litter Mediator in USA
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

This Small Business Owner Is Happy!

Kommentare: I have been using Elo PayPoint and Talech for almost two years and I have be 110% pleased about the choice I made. My business had grown to the point where I needed a better way to manage sales, track inventory, review reports and continue to elevate the customer experience as a whole. Talech was the solution. The system is user friendly. Customer Service support is awesome. And I am happy. There is enough stressors in running a small business, my point-of-sale isn't one of them.

Ease of use, accurate reporting, appearance

The auto-correct when entering Custom Items. It's sneaky and changes a word to a more common one so I end up with interesting items on a receipt/report.

Antwort von talech

We're so happy to have you as a happy and long-time customer, Ginny. Thanks for sharing what is working and what could be better for you. I have passed along your feedback to the team. Please continue to share with us. We love hearing from you!

Bernie
Sportartikel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Talech, simply HORRIBLE software if you have a lot of products!

Kommentare: Works well for a front end register, but getting issues resolved with tech support just NEVER happens. The people that answer the phone are clueless. This is coming from someone that works in IT for 20+ years and have dealt with and worked in call centers/tech support.

Its has a nice register app and is pretty easy to use and learn the register

The instability of Talech.com (where I as the owner do 98% of my work). Time outs and logs you out about every 15 minutes. Stock take dont save after timeout loosing everything. Have you ever tried to count thousands of products to have them all deleted over and over......

Chrsitopher

New Interface is Awesome

Kommentare: THee introduction of the new interface on the tablet has been fantastic. Talech's support has listened to the customer base and made remarkable changes to enhance the user experience. the most notable change is the feature that allows you to type without having to idsable the scanner. Keep up the good work.

Ease of use even for the non computer or tablet savvy.

The card reader has bugs and load times can be long. The fact the register screen defaults back to the log in screen can be unproductive in peak times.

Antwort von talech

Thank you for your feedback and for writing a review, Christopher. I have shared your comments about challenges with the card reader and needing additional inventory stock take functionality with the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can work on making improvements. We love hearing from you. Thanks for being a customer.

Deborah

Something Borrowed Review

Kommentare: Like the software a lot because it's simple. Some things I'd like to see different is to have the refund button not so easy to hit it accidentally. Then for the online side it would be great to have more subtotaling of receipts by day in order to eliminate the hassle of downloading a report to reconcile with the bank deposits. It also seems to be geared toward restaurants. We are in the rental and floral business. Adding a module for these would be worth an up-charge if it's not too much.

Ease of use

lack of reporting See other comment.

Antwort von talech

Thanks for writing a review and being a customer, Deborah! We're so glad that overall you are pleased with the software. Thanks for sharing product feedback. I've passed this along to our product team. Please continue to let us know what you'd like to see for your business. It's great to hear from you.

Audrey

Needs work

Kommentare: The system needs some work. The interface is easy to navigate if you have a basic knowledge of computers. However it frequently crashes because of the numerous updates it seems to require, getting someone on the phone with knowledgeable help is frustrating, and your limited to what you can do on the app as well as the card reader that will go with the tablet. I'd also like to be able to do more of the things I can do on the tablet in the online version.
I would recommend this system if your hard wired into your internet.

Ease of use.

Limitations and constant upgrades that really don't seem to do anything. Also updates that change things without being made aware of first.

Antwort von talech

Thank you for the review and honest feedback, Audrey. We are sorry to hear that you've been frustrated with the product and crashes. I've shared your feedback with the team. We'd love to chat with you more in detail if you are willing. Please let us know. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for being a talech customer.

Richard
Owner, managing partner in USA
Wein und Spirituosen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Caret Cellars Uses talech

Kommentare: Overall a very good POS system with some excellent analytics built-in. A little heavily oriented to the food service industry which puts in some unnecessary steps for others, e.g., cash drawer management function. Wish analytics - as good as they are - were customizable. Like the new Dashboard feature, though.

Rather straight forward. Takes little training to get someone ready to use it. But still has some sophisticated capabilities.

Cost. Nice if it ran on other than iOS. Contributes to cost concerns. Heavy orientation toward food service industry. Wish features were a little more customizable to other industries. (We use it in a winery tasting room.)

Antwort von talech

Thanks for being a customer and writing a candid review, Richard! I've passed along your feedback to the product team so they know what would help talech work better for your business. Please continue to share with us! We love hearing from you and are here to help.

Edouard Moyal
Restaurants

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Kommentare: Bad software update
You why do you change something that's working and make it more complicated and less friendly I know you have to justify your people salary but not by screwing up what's working

It's a very good software and very friendly and easy to use there is some small problem then we can correct

I had no problem with the software before but now since your updated you change the whole face of the program and before you do that you need to find out for what type of business this program is good for or not very bad move for us it's not good

Antwort von talech

Edouard, thank you for your review and feedback, A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve but has not been able to get a hold of you. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Randy

Just missed the mark

Kommentare: Overall my experience is poor. I was sold on this program, that it would do everything I needed for my business. It did not live up to its end.

Once you have figured out how to use the software it is fairly easy to use and you can customize it to your specific needs

Where to begin. The software is horrible. Every time there is an upgrade something goes wrong. Be it a printer malfunctioning or part of the program not working properly. I spend hours with customer service to get nowhere. They must constantly send out patches for the problems they create.

Sandy
President in USA

Simply awesome!

Kommentare: The talech cash register has made a huge difference for our business! There are so many features we love about this product! We purchased for two of our businesses! The customer support is the best I've ever dealt with in my 34 years of doing business! Love it!

Ease in entering new products. Search functionality.

Would like to be able to change wages for employee to something other than hourly.

Antwort von talech

Thanks so much for being a customer and writing a review, Sandy. We're so happy to hear that things have been going well for you and customer support has been a delight. Thanks for the feedback on employee wage needs. I've gone ahead and shared this with the product team. Please keep sharing - we love to hear from you!

Camille
Owner/Operator in USA

User Friendly POS always making improvements

Kommentare: Talech is simple to setup and use; even for first timers. I would recommend it to others.
So far the only negative I have experienced had to do with merging info into QuickBooks; was told by one customer service rep, I would have to purchase the QB software, and another customer service rep advised me it would only work with online version of QB. Did the online QuickBooks through my CPA only to find it will not merge. Super frustrating, as I was hoping to eliminate the time spent inputting daily sales info into Quickbooks

Antwort von talech

Thanks for writing a review, Camille. I've passed along your feedback regarding QuickBooks to the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us - we love to hear from you! Thanks for being a customer.

Lori
Business owner in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Beware! Do not waste your money purchasing this device!

Kommentare: It was NOT AT ALL a good experience. I have several other POS apparatus. If I have to keep them for backup for Talech then why bother? I have discontinued my Talech. And the initial purchase cost is WAY TOO HIGH! Go elsewhere!!

Nothing. The only pro was you are assigned a live, local representative that can help you.

The difficulty of use, the time and complexity of entering client info. The lack of signature. The fee payback process at the beginning of the next month all make balancing , recording and tracking money very difficult. And the POS apparatus rarely worked!