Cloudflare Bewertungen

von Cloudflare

5 / 5 134 Bewertungen
Cloudflare

Nearly every single site we set up gets run through CloudFlare because of it's security and control.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 25.6.2018
Coder

Kommentare: It's great knowing CloudFlare is protecting our site from DDOS attacks. Their caching features make pages load incredibly fast, and their javascript CDN makes our sites load even faster still. The instantly updated DNS settings eliminates any downtime, meaning our users never even notice the switch.

Vorteile: Once the nameservers are set up at the registrar to point to CloudFlare, DNS changes within CloudFlare are instantaneous. This is a huge deal when moving from one server to another. Having built-in SSL is another great way to provide peace of mind to our visitors. By essentially acting as a reverse proxy, it keeps our servers' IP addresses hidden from would-be attackers. Their bot and DDOS detection is legendary and their basic analytics are surprisingly helpful. A CloudFlare hosted CDN, cdnjs.com, has countless globally hosted scripts that make site building not only easier, but it also ensures the end results performs incredibly well. It's been years since I've set up a site that didn't have some CloudFlare feature built in.

Nachteile: I haven't had any luck with some of their automatic HTML/JS optimization features that involve rewriting the code. I can see how they would speed up page load, but I've often found they've broken my site. I don't really need that feature, so I'm not missing out, but if you're going to give it a try, make sure you test thoroughly, as you should be with any change made to a public server ;)

Cloudflare is a “must have”

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 27.2.2019
Andrew F.
President & CEO

Kommentare: I’ve been using website caching providers for about 7 years now, and switched to Cloudflare about 4 years ago. I have not once looked back. For the money, CloudFlare is by far the best caching solution on the market. I use it on two websites, each with different needs, and am able to achieve very affordably what would have been a pretty expensive configuration a decade ago. The automation in CloudFlare makes it simple for anybody to use them. I have a technical background, but many of my clients don’t, and I’m able to walk them through getting set up and running with CloudFlare with very short order. I see myself being a CloudFlare customer for years to come.

Vorteile: The Cloudflare interface is intuitive and the software is extremely simple to use. The “set it and forget it” functionality is amazing, as it serves very much as an autonomous coaching solution once properly configured. Sure, you’ll need to tweak it from time to time as your website needs change, but that process is inviting and easy, even for people with less technical background. I also love the value that you get in even the lower-tiered price points. The DNS management is a huge bonus as well.

Nachteile: It’s hard to say something bad about Cloudflare, but if I had to play devil’s advocate, I’d say that there are maybe a few features in the higher tier packages that I’d like to see in the entry level plan. Most users won’t feel this way though, as my particular needs are a little more specific than most.

All in One Solution for Website Speed and Security

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Alex T.
Front End Developer

Vorteile: The best feature about this software, in my opinion, is their trade marked Javascript delivery optimization mode: Rocket Loader. This feature enables asynchronous loading of all third party scripts loaded on your web page, drastically increase page load times. Our team enables this feature on each of our client's websites and always results in at least a 10% difference in page speed scores. Another feature that our company could certainly not live without is their dead simple firewall rule integration. A large majority of our clients only accept work locally or nationally, so any traffic coming from international sources is more than likely visiting with malicious intent. The country blocking feature in the firewall integration allows us to block this likely malicious traffic and decrease the odds of any security breaches into our client's sites.

Nachteile: The only annoyance I had while using this software was the 30 second delay when clearing the server cache. This is a very small issue since 30 seconds is certainly not a long time, but my patience is not great when attempting to debug or optimize page speeds. This problem can be solved by turning development mode on, but when this feature is on all optimization features are disabled, so optimizing page speeds is not possible.

Great for Admins!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 26.2.2019
Geoffrey C.
Infrastructure/Operations

Kommentare: It is a huge time saver when you have to manage lots of one-off sub domains. For trivial sites it reduces system administration work. The caching service is also useful.

Vorteile: I like that I can use the reverse proxy to apply an ssl certificate. This saves me immense amounts of time. Before Cloudflare, I would be presented with a random cloud server with something hacked together by a developer on it, and told "We need this live before tomorrow." I would then go about trying to get credentials so I could install the certificate. Now, I can just point a domain at an ip and assign a subdomain and ssl cert without ever having to log into a server.

Nachteile: The Ip addresses it uses for the reverse proxy all have to be whitelisted. Since I don't have a private Ip address that is just mine, I cannot use the reverse proxy for certain production servers. If the traffic comes through cloudflare's porxy service, you lose the source unless you change your application to consume a header they attach.

A Free Plan Offering Premium Features

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 9.5.2018
Ryan E.
IT Systems and Data Protection Officer
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The main reason we first started using CloudFlare within our business was to upgrade all of our sites to SSL effortlessly, in preparation for the new Google HTTPS stricter rules. CloudFlare served this function perfectly, saving us money on advanced SSL certificates as well as time on installing these certificates manually. Since then, we have explored the other features of CloudFlare and impressed has been an understatement. As stated earlier, the benefits of CloudFlare are simply astonishing for a free product.

Vorteile: The free plan on CloudFlare is simply unbelievable value. For the low cost of nothing, you gain a world class CDN system which offers enterprise level security that rivals many premium, high cost solutions. The variety of features is astonishing too, with free SSL certificates, caching services and advanced analytics included also with the free plan.

Nachteile: It's hard to fault CloudFlare, but if I were to criticise something it would be that many of the caching features cause severe breakage to a site. For example, whenever I enable the Rocket Loader my WordPress sites are always broken in some form. However, beggars can't be choosers and these issues can simply be averted by not enabling this feature.

Cloudflare took my site from Google Page Speed Score from 56/100 to 88/100 within a day!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 31.5.2018
Rick B.
Senior Engineer: Rocket Motors and Warheads

Kommentare: My website's increase in speed was phenomenal. With the absolute minimal changes to my website configuration (I just added an optional plugin), and changes to my DNS settings, I was able to take my Google Page Speed Score from a 56 to an 88 within 24 hours. This is very good for SEO and page ranking, which was really amazing.

Vorteile: Cloudflare works seamlessly in the background, without having to do very much configuration. After the initial DNS setup, plugin setup on WordPress, and Configuration Wizard on Cloudflare, the process runs itself. I was amazed that a CDN could speed my website up as much as it did. I am now able to handle much larger volumes of traffic thanks to this. The protection from DDOS attacks is a definite added bonus, not that I have seen this used on my sites yet.

Nachteile: The initial setup and propagation of DNS settings across the web makes for a few a small bit of downtime during the first day, but this is most likely a function of how the internet works, and not the actual software

Cloudflare Solved our Small Business Client DNS Issues

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 12.9.2018
Kelsey J.
Marketing Manager
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We were basically dealing with a nightmare of managing DNS for hundreds of website clients. We ran into a couple of situations where we were having to call up like a hundred people, ask them to find the GoDaddy account they set up however many years ago, and walk them through setting up DNS. These are small business owners and feel frustrated by Facebook, so you can imagine what a DNS dashboard looks like to them. Anyway, through the magic of Cloudflare we are able to now manage all of these accounts on one dashboard and offer SSL certification to our clients. Win win.

Vorteile: First of all, free SSL Certs can't be beat. We set up simple business websites for our clients, and making them secure easily and cheaply is great for their online marketing and our street cred. But the best part of using Cloudflare is that we don't have to spend hours poking around in various DNS management platforms and asking non-tech-savvy clients for GoDaddy passwords (shhhh). We just give them NS values and take on all their current settings (including email yay). Don't forget to add their site to Cloudflare before they switch the name servers over though. And if you're ever confused, ALWAYS ASK A REAL DEVELOPER!

Nachteile: Their email notifications can be a bit overkill. Also, there's a small learning curve on using the dashboard and if you do it wrong, big problems can arise. FYI, I'm not a full on developer, but I do manage DNS for our small website product hosted on Heroku.

A no-brainer for any business or website

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 17.10.2018
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall experience has been very impressive. A must-have for additional website security and better performance.

Vorteile: We have been using Cloudflare services for several years now. It provides extra security for our website and speeds up page loading times. Its a no-brainer for any website, especially for businesses. Heavy loading times can effect customer conversion rates, so any help to minimize loading times enhances customer experience and potential sales. I also like how we could monitor where the blocked threats were originating as well as where legit traffic is coming from. We also love Cloudflare's free SSL as it allowed us to cancel the SSL from our current hosting provider. In addition, Cloudflare has released a public DNS which is even faster than googles!

Nachteile: Really cannot think of any cons. Thoroughly impressed!

Top Service For SSL

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 20.5.2019
O. kelvin K.
Copywriter
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Makes installing SSL certificate for my websites easy.

Vorteile: These days websites with no SSL certificate installed scare users. Google Chrome displays the scary message "website not secure" to users immediately they land on your website, this is a big red flag. As a website owner, you can't ignore SSL certificate for your website, and Cloudflare helps you with that. At a time, I was struggling with installing an SSL certificate for my blog, almost paid huge amount to someone who promised to save my blog, I had to pause for a moment, went online for solution and cloudflare saved the day. There are videos on YouTube that can show you how to use it. It's just a matter of changing your name servers to the that of Cloudflare.

Nachteile: None, but it was hard at first, but now I even use it for my clients.

Cloudflare is for professionals.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 15.3.2019
Director Web Technology

Kommentare: I use Cloudflare on all my websites and my customer sites and I feel that they do the best job at making it easy to edit DNS records, and alone is worth a lot. It also keeps me from needing to learn to edit the DNS records in the various (and weird) interfaces of domain registrars. Overall, I have been with Cloudflare since launch and I trust them with my all of my sites (and my client's sites) access to the internet, and that means a lot.

Vorteile: I like being able to set up a customer's DNS records in a matter of minutes with Cloudflare. Ease-of-use is important to me. The good feeling that Cloudflare is blocking mal-intended traffic globally is, of course important too.

Nachteile: I use the Cloudflare WordPress plugin and I find it confusing. It is easier for me to just login and turn on "developer mode" or flush the cache on the web app than it is to dig in and find and use the setting inside plugin on my websites.

Free CDN that you should be using!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 22.2.2019
Dominik L.
Student
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If you have high bandwidth costs you can cut them at least by half because if you properly set Cloudflare to cache everything, your website will be served from their edge servers which are closest to the client and that leads to super speedy websites for the client which is what we all want when building websites. I need to mention also that their documentation is really good and all the problems I had I successfully fixed by myself and when you need support they are always available by ticket system or even by phone.

Vorteile: What I love about Cloudflare is that it is a very versatile piece of art which works incredibly with all my websites. I have a small blog and have been using Cloudflare for a few years. I help me speed up my site and block malicious bots trying to log in or any other attackers. It also has included a web firewall which is great. If you need per page customization of their settings you can always use page rules or even add apps to your website which extend functionality. It really has a lot to offer for a free price.

Nachteile: I don't like that their free plan is somehow limited but that is normal in the business world. If you have special needs you will certainly need to pay a few additional page rules or even pro package which is not so expensive but gives an extra few features like image optimization and several options to even speed up your website more. Sometimes it can actually slow down your website because of all additional code added but that is rarely a case and probably is a result of bad theme or bad programming practice.

Easily protect your websites!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 9.3.2018
Esra K.
Research and Development Director

Kommentare: Overall it is the best CDN in the market.

Vorteile: Cloudflare has a lot of nice features. It detects the location of visitors and directs them to its nearest data center so it can serve from its cache to reduce latency. You can easily block threats and abusive bots. You can detect and mitigate DDoS attacks to protect your websites. Creating your account is super easy. Just register with your email address and password. Enter your domain and leave the rest to Cloudflare.

Nachteile: You should really understand how to use Cloudlfare because for example when it blocks your website against a threat your website will be inaccessible and visitors will see an unfriendly webpage instead of your nice looking pages. To prevent this you should act fast and fix the problem.

Cost effective and the best CDN , DDOS mitigation provider

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 29.11.2018
Adithya U.
Senior Software Engineer
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: * Best and the market leader for providing CDN.
* Servers CDN from many locations and is having the largest network of CDN servers.
* Can protect against massive DDOS attacks.
* Extremely easy to set up the basic CDN and DDOS protection.
* Provides easy to use DNS editor to configure the domain.
* We can set rules for routing and traffic management.
* Block bad actors based on AI and incoming traffic.
* Extremely cost effective and has the best free plan available.
* Can serve the websites from cached versions in case of end point server outage.

Nachteile: * DDOS Mode if activated can cause captcha protection to appear for many legitimate users as well for initial load. This might deter or make them leave the site

Glad I Discovered This!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 5.1.2017
Freddy S.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: After having used Cloudflare for over a year, I'm happy to know that they are continuing to grow. I feel that their role as a CDN has improved both the speed with which my website loads to viewers as well as security they provide for the backend of my site. Within the past year, I was witness to live DDoS attacks on my site thru 3rd party security software. When this took place, I was able to change one setting ("Under Attack") on Cloudflare which effectively locked down my website to the attackers and yet still kept it free on the web for others to use. Once the attack was over, I just changed the setting back to normal and all was good. One more thing to add, because of the way in which a CDN delivers, it was very convenient to be able to "clear the cache" at Cloudflare after making changes to my site. More importantly, you have the option of clearing just the cache of the specific page you were working on.

Vorteile: Ease of use, features provided.

Nachteile: Nothing I can think of at the time of this writing.

Great CDN with much more to offer

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 9.1.2019
Aaron B.
Network President & Founder
Rundfunkmedien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Cloudflare as a CDN, when we first set-up we ran into some errors, but support helped us create rules so the cache did not affect the admin panel of our site. Cloudflare helps us save on bandwidth and if our server goes down, delivers a cached version of our site to users.

Vorteile: Very easy to set-up and many web hosts offer a one click set-up through CPanel. Free Plan offers all websites need and upgrading to a paid plan is very easy. If you don't know what something is, their team gets back with you right away.

Nachteile: There is not much to dislike about Cloudflare, you can run into some problems when you first set-up if some rules are not set-up properly. They should offer plugins for CMS suites for flawless integration.

A must have for security and overall peace of mind

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 30.4.2019
Gonzalo B.
Web Developer

Vorteile: Pointing my site to Cloudflare is one of the very first things I do while developing a self-hosted site or when taking over an existing site that either suffers on the performance or the security. This is a classic scenario to face while developing a Wordpress site, the client shows up with a slow and unsafe site, using Cloudflare in this cases is a life and time-saver. With a few clicks, you can cache, activate SSL on your site (bringing customers to trust back) and use their CDN that rocks, especially for Javascript. The DNS changes are instantaneous, making server migration a breeze. The protection against DDOS is vital for high-traffic sites, your IP will be hidden as well and your precious server resources will be safe as well. If everything else fails just switch "I am under attack" mode. Cloudflare is now a must have tool for virtually every site I develop.

Nachteile: The only thing I don't like is the lack of customization of the 404 and 500 error screens on the free plans. But I guess is fair enough since their plans are not that expensive neither.

One place for your most of website's needs

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As far we can say cloudflare is the one of the most trusted dns provider we have cause we don't have to setup dns instances to just host our dns.

Vorteile: The things we like about cloudflare are enormous such as its DNS uptime, DDoS protection, Website plugins, API, etc but the best part we like is its free plan for starters cause individuals like bloggers can't afford to pay hefty prices for their website's DNS.

Nachteile: What we least liked about cloudflare was its railgun limitations for free account but i guess new bloggers don't need extreme features like that.

Incredible tool for improving site performance and customer experience

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 10.6.2018
Philip E.
Managed Services Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software improves the experiences of our customers, which leads to better customer experiences and consequentially is an irreplaceable tool in our tool belt.

Vorteile: We use this tool everyday to improve the customer experience as they interact with our websites. Anyone familiar with a CDN will know why its important for delivery of content to the end user, and Cloudflare gets this right. In addition the software is user focused, its not hard to find what you are looking for, whether that be a simple task like clearing cache, or their always online technology. Its very good stuff.

Nachteile: I honestly cannot think of anything that Cloudflare is not at least addressing, if not outright mastering within this field.

Pretty Much Unique solution on the market for Web Securing and Traffic Management

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 20.12.2018
Yaroslav K.
Information Technology Major
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I have started using cloudflare for work purposes and for development projects.
After some time, I have come to realisation that it's an amazing tool the covers all you need and is one of several starter tools to set up woth you site.
- Security against DDOS
- NS Management
- SSL configuration
- Caching and Speed
And it is FREE for essencial things!

Nachteile: Really none.
I am using tool with all projects of mine now and I am strugling to find anything bad about it.
The only issue with it is the power it gives. You have to be careful and responsible to work with it or you can easily damage site or cause problems.
Overal, the tool is awesome!

I don't use any other DNS provider for my or my client's sites

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 8.6.2018
Kent K.
Business & eCommerce Consulting

Kommentare: Improves a website's performance and security.

Vorteile: Cloudflare is my goto DNS, CDN and Security provider. In my opinion, they are the best of the best. If you have a domain on the web, you should be using Cloudflare, it's just that simple. They'll cache your website, compress code, make it faster and secure it all at the same time.

Nachteile: The pricing is beginning to climb but for what you get I think the value is still there. Even their free version has more going for it than other DNS providers.

Easy to set up, and great added security for almost any website

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 27.4.2019
Michael H.
Co-Founder | Creative Director

Kommentare: Cloudflare is a great solution for beginners looking to secure their website, as we have a couple clients' using their services for smaller websites.

Vorteile: The biggest feature for Cloudflare lies in its' simplicity to set up with your site and domain. Many hosts and Cpanels now offer Cloudflare integration, which will set up the DNS for you with one click. Once you're set up, Cloudflare runs seamlessly in the background. The DDoS protection (while not necessary for most smaller sites) is great for peace of mind. Most people use Cloudflare for the free SSL encryption, which is great, but it's important to at least do your research on some free encryption services that have surfaced recently (Let's Encrypt, etc.)

Nachteile: In our uses, we found the 'always live' features, which offers a cached version of your site in the event it goes down, didn't quite work all the time. In the few times our site went down, users were met with a Cloudflare connection error message, which really defeats the purpose... Additionally, in some cases, we had some issues with IP address reporting on our traffic, which caused some conflicts. This was solved by disabling a few settings within the Cloudflare panel.

Free version offers some great features

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 8.1.2019
Head of ICT
Musik, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Originally was using to provide free SSL certs, since letsencrypt has became much more common the benefits of this functionality are less than they once were, although still offers some great functionality

Vorteile: I've used cloudflare on numerous projects, it's very easy to use and provides a host of features, even on a free account Standout features include High availability
CDN
DDOS Protection
SSL certificates

Nachteile: Prices for paid versions are somewhat expensive if you only want certain features, specifically CDN

Accelerating Website Traffic With Argo Smart Routing From CloudFlare

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 2.2.2019
Nicolas frichot P.
IT Specialist

Kommentare: Overall, CloudFlare is so comprehensive that I cannot imagine my web experience without it. I recommend without any hesitation!

Vorteile: Having customers connecting to our website was a big focus for us, and thanks to Argo, we've seen that our customers from USA were able to access our website 47% faster. That single factor made all the difference.

Nachteile: There is not trial offer for Argo by CloudFlare, which would have been great for people wanting to test the solution before making a purchase.

Best in Class CDN and Protection

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 7.3.2019
Naveen kumar B.
Head - Digital Marketing

Kommentare: Cloudflare provides CDN and Attack mitigation functions as a cloud service powered by 165 data centers across the world. The paid plans are relatively cheaper than its most competitors.Powering 13 million domains its one of the largest cloud CDN provider.

Vorteile: CDN network is powered by 165 data centers around the world
Best in Class DDOS protection
Fabulous Free Plan with Un-metered Bandwidth
Multitude of integration options

Nachteile: Country Blocking not available on free plan
WAF not available on Free Plan

Great but only because of pricing

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 8.10.2016
Paul H.
Web Developer
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: It's easy and quick to use but some features are missing. API took a revamp which was a bit of pain but nowadays is fine. Good service but can slow your site down if you use something like AWS.

Vorteile: Quick and easy for most basic tasks, especially initial setup. Also SSL-ness! :D Pricing is free so that is a win right there.

Nachteile: No ESI and other features which exist on competitors sites.