Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage Erfahrungen

Über Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage

Server-Back-up-Lösung, mit der Unternehmen jeder Größe Geschäftsdaten automatisch über E-Mails und mehr wiederherstellen und schützen können.

Erfahre mehr über Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage

It's easy to set up, then requires nothing to maintain. Everything functions pretty automatically.

The one time I needed the software to actually work for a backup it failed. It was not able to retain my existing backup when I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my desktop.

Bewertungen zu Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage

Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 137 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage bereits verwendet?

Ella Sophie
Ella Sophie
Photographer in USA
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Easy hassle free unlimited backup system

Kommentare: Overall I'm very happy to have Backblaze keeping my files safe.

What I like most about this software is that the backup is unlimited, as a photographer I have a lot of files that are fairly large that I need to backup. Being able to access my files easily is super helpful and has already come in handy during a hardware malfunction a few months ago.

The only downside is that you pay per computer so if I have a portable drive I have to plug it into the same computer anytime I want to back it up so I can't just log in to my Backblaze account from a shared computer to backup my portable drive.

Randi
Operations Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Backblaze Back Up for Nonprofit

Kommentare: The biggest problem Backblaze solved was that when we had previously used another company for backing up files (which was a more cloud based system) we lost files when a staff member deleted files thinking our main account was linked to them. When in fact the files were lost because they were the original author. This was a huge loss of time having to rewrite manuals and operating documents. Now when we have a staff member leave we have them condense their files and transfer it to my computer as the Operations Director and I can make sure they are backed up and as needed given to new staff when the time comes. The other benefit is everything runs in the background automatically. Gone are the days when we would plug in a harddrive for back up and were lucky to remember to do it once a month.

First of all you just can't beat their price for this type of automatic back up system. Most platforms I had researched either had size limits or cost much more. For a small non-profit we were so happy (and able to sleep better at night) knowing if our computer crashed we would be safe and able to keep going.

We have had a slight issue w/ backing up our harddrive because we travel to different venues and use that same harddrive for our video footage. We just have to set really good reminders so we don't forget to plug it back in.

E-Learning, Selbstständig

While I have changed to a NAS and Cloud Backup from someone else, this is a good cloud option

Kommentare: Overall the system was okay to use, but was disappointed when it missed crucial files on occassion.

I liked how easy it was to implement into my current network structure and was easy to setup end clients for this.

I didn't like how it missed some files and was slow for no apparent reason, especially on a fast network. I also found Synology did not officially support backblaze, so changed to a competitor which was supported in the end.

John Dykstra
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Best value

Kommentare: From my experience, Backblaze delivers what they promise without any hassles. So, that makes me happy.

I found Backblaze had by far the best pricing structure for data backup. I use their bucket system for my customers and haven't had any problems.

I think they still need some additional tools for downloading and interacting with the data but I believe they are always working to make the product better.

Ben
Manager in UK
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Does it's thing, invisibly.

Kommentare: For me Backblaze is primarily disaster recovery protection. If my MacBook is lost/stolen/corrupted I know I can get everything back using backblaze. It works well on windows or mac, and allows me to exclude certain folders or file types I don't want backed up which reduces the size of the backup. After the initial backup, incremental backups work well and mean there's not a massive bandwidth requirement. All in, great software that has your back!

The power of backblaze for personal backup is that it doesn't get in your way. It just sits there in the tray, but it accurately detects file changes and backs these up to the cloud. I have used the recovery process before and it works well.

It's not the cheapest, but it does do what it should.

Mukul
Cto in Indien
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Relaible Cloud Storage at a fraction of a cost ..

Kommentare: I am very much satisfy with the B2 and their support (support team is very prompt as well as knowledgeable) .

Low cost (Because of their fair uses policy as well as no minimum storage commitment) . Easily configurable with most of the industry leading backup software. Newly added S3 support. Object locking makes it impossible to delete the backup before the retention period.

No IAM based bucket distribution like AWS.

Jamison
President in USA
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great, cost-effective option for remote backup

Kommentare: I've been using BackBlaze for over 2 years and haven't had any issues with the software, it does a great job notifying me when an employee's machine hasn't been backed up and does a good job of well, backing things up.

Business licensing allowed me to purchase all the licenses my team needed. The simple invite method works great. This is one of those things you should have but hope you never need

Migrating computers really isn't a thing with Backblaze. It'd be nice to have a migrate options available.

Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Rock Solid Backup

I love that I can setup Backblaze, run an initial backup, and and trust that Backblaze will take care of the rest. I never have to worry about Backblaze protecting my data, and if there ever is a problem, Backblaze will alert me ASAP.

My one complaint about the software is the UI of the Mac desktop client; it looks dated and isn't intuitively organized, and doesn't seem to fit with the other polished parts of the Backblaze platform.

Luccas
Luccas
CEO in Brasilien
Industrieautomation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Backblaze is awesome if you need lots of storage

Kommentare: It's great at what it's claiming it will do. Does it have shortcomings? Yes. But for the price you can't really complain much,

It's unlimited storage, so it's awesome that it can keep a huge amount of data for such a low price.

The hard drives have to be connected to keep the uploaded files, or you have to reconnect them before 30 days otherwise you will lose the files uploaded.

Daniel
Daniel
Managing Partner in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Incredible Backup Storage Provider

Kommentare: Customers are shocked by how cheap it is, even when I mark it up 1000%.

Price is the best thing about this product.

Support is what is lacking most about this product the most but it's exactly what you expect for the price.

Roger
Niche Growth Facilitator in Kanada
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Reliable Backups that Always Run!

Kommentare: This solved the problem, where my business would not be impacted by lost data, when a disaster happens. In my case, hard drives went down a few times. I could still access them online, and later, when adding a new drive, it was very easy to restore. Bottom line? Backblaze is reliable! It's so easy to use and has saved me from losing a lot of important data. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an online backup solution.

The best features of Backblaze are its affordability, ease of use, and... #1 is Reliability. It has saved me from losing important data on several occasions. There's a nice feature to ensure backups are live and ongoing always. Another good feature is the ability to login online and access files (if needed).

First, it can be a bit slow to upload large files. Second, the free version only allows for one computer to be backed up. Virtual (storage could) drives are not supported. The very first backup you create can take days - But to be fair... This is a result of how much data you are including in the first backup, and how fast your internet connection is.

Felipe
Architect in Kolumbien
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Install and forget until you need it

Kommentare: Compared to other programs that need to be administered, checking ans ensuring the backups are really done and up to date, Backblaze works in the background with no limits in storage and store everything in your computer that has to be stored and offers to send you your information, should you need it in a SSD

Smooth install, initial backup and operation. Really does the work wkithout the hassle, self administered, it works for you keeping your files stored and safe

Everything is fine with this product, maybe a bundle pricing could help to have more computers in the network

Corey
Owner/Operator in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

BackBlaze is Wonderful

Kommentare: I've never need support in any way. BackBlaze has never failed me once. Couldn't be happier.

BackBlaze is easy to use and is integrated into JetBackup, which I love. Their pricing gives me the flexibility to store more backups than S3. Will be a user for life so long as they don't jack up the prices.

Really wish it was compatible with incremental backups. As it is now, I have to send full backups and use more space. That's not a big deal since the pricing is reasonable, but incremental would be easier on my machine.

Allie
Director of Membership in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great backup!

Kommentare: It has been great. I have comfort knowing all my documents are backed up and my years worth of projects will not be lost!

Backblaze has been a lifesaver! I downloaded the software and it backs up my documents. My computer died earlier this year and I panicked. I was so worried that I lost everything, and I had never logged in to see my backed up information. I bought a new laptop and was able to successfully get all of my backed up documents, picture, etc from Backblaze. It was super comforting to know that my information was all there. years of work! I also utilized customer service and they were so helpful!

None! I have had nothing but a good experience with this software. It is well worth the cost!!! Get it today

Junjie
Founder in Singapur

Reliable continuous offsite backup

I like that Backblaze constantly runs in the background backing up everything that's on my Mac. Some of my co-workers can't be bothered with manually plugging in a hard drive to run a backup, so this works perfectly for them. Since I also have a local backup, I don't have a need to download my entire backup as yet. However it came in handy on a number of occasions when I needed to access a file on my Mac when I'm out.

I wish they could offer unlimited versioning of files so that I can rollback to an earlier version when something goes wrong. As of now, I'd need to combine that with other solutions like Time Machine or Dropbox Extended Version History.

Greg
Sysadmin in USA
Einzelhandel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Backblaze - super affordable, stable backups

Kommentare: From day 1 we have been able to simply configure and always restore our data. That along with the price makes this the perfect solution to backup millions of files across 10TB of data.

The price and the simplicity of configuring it to backup our Synology rackstation. It's secure and we have always been able to restore files when needed. We have never experienced an issue with Backblaze. Would highly recommend to everyone.

The web interface could use an overhaul. It is simple enough but I feel like with a little time and effort they could turn it into something better. Note, this is a very minor con.

Aftersales Engineer in USA
Industrieautomation, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Backblaze solved our email archive problem

Kommentare: Overall it solved the problem of where to store our old emails which makes repeat requests much easier to find and respond to a customer much faster.

We receive over 1,000 emails a month just between mechanical and electrical after sales support. I am the 'gatekeeper' of the email archives. We originally had them on a separate server, but that became buggy. And it wasn't searchable. With backblaze you can back up automatically every day anything and everything on the computer, and be able to retrieve it at any time. This eliminated the need to have a separate hard drive that everyone would have to map to, and the plug into their computer if they needed an older email.

The only downside is the backup can take a while if you don't have it set to do it every day. If you do it every week and you have a lot of data it could take hours for it to backup.

Sunil
Sunil
co-owner in USA

Excellent backup option with great support

After being forced to find an alternate backup solution for our home business, we came across Backblaze and gave it a try. This has been a home-run for us, and we'll definitely continue to use it. The setup is fairly simple and straightforward, and being able to adjust options regarding when and the amount of resources used to backup files is great. When we encountered an issue, their support center was prompt in replying to us and did an excellent job at explaining what the cause of the issue was. The ability to restore an entire folder or an individual file regardless of location is very nice, and the price is very competitive for the options they provide.

There's really not a whole lot that I'd change. A benefit is the support articles and answers found in the community.

Matthew
Founder in Australien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

A great backup solution for most of us.

Backblaze is a simple backup solution that allows you to easily back up your hard drive and connected drives for a single monthly price. It does the job well, and is basically "set and forget". It also allows you to exclude items, folders, or drives from backup easily. The speed is quite quick, and I have never had a problem with restoring content.

I don't like that Backblaze makes you back up your system drive. For many people this is redundant, as they are using this to back up specific content such as photos which may not be located on the system drive.

Stuart
Stuart
Founder in USA
Internet, Selbstständig

I love the set it and forget it approach

Kommentare: I love the set it and forget it the style that Backblaze uses for remotely securing all my files. While other backup software makes you pick and choose what's worth saving, Backblaze just goes for it and backs up everything (you can opt out if something's too sensitive or scandalous, I think) so that you don't have to spend forever setting options. Then it just regularly backs up my files without me having to think about it, so that if I ever lose my laptop or it is lost in a fire or something else horrible, my business files, records, family photos, etc, those are all safe. Peace of mind for a cheap price.

Ease of use, background operation, peace of mind, price.

Sometimes when it starts running, it slows my system (albeit briefly)

Anne
Graphic & Web Design in USA

Lacks features but works... very slowly.

Inexpensive software with unlimited back up limit which is hard to find. Easy install and no maintenance.

Back ups are set to a schedule. Also would be nice to throttle it while utilizing they machine. Ended up not using the software because after 5 months, my initial back up still never finished.

Antwort von Backblaze

Hi Anne- Thanks for giving us a shot. And sorry it didn't work out. If you're willing to try it again, we think you'll like it. In our 5.0 release, we added "automatic threading". We believe it makes us the fastest backup client on the market. You can read more about it here https://www.backblaze.com/blog/cloud-backup-5-0-rapid-access/ Also, you can schedule your backups to occur whenever you'd like using the client settings https://help.backblaze.com/hc/en-us/articles/217666288-Schedule-Settings-Mac- Thx!

Nathan
Young Adult & Communications Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easiest and most affordable solution for our church

Kommentare: I've been a Backblaze user for years now and have yet to have any problems. The affordability and ease of integration makes it an easy choice, especially for churches.

- Cost - the cost of this makes it almost a no-brainer. - Speed - the backups are quick. - NAS support - our church backs all of our computers up to our NAS, and our NAS is backed up to the cloud using backblaze. This has been a fantastic solution for us.

Mike
Associate Artist in USA
Unterhaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Backblaze is perfect

I love Backblaze—they do an amazing job. I've never implemented a backup solution that was so robust and well made. The cost to benefit ratio is remarkable, and I find them dead easy to maintain and use.

I am not crazy about the web interface—it loads as an applet in the browser. It totally does work, but it's not the most elegant solution.

William
Sr Proj Manager in USA
Architektur & Planung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best backup out there

Kommentare: It's been fantastic - I had a drive fail and had NO issues getting it back! Perfect software for what's needed.

If you need backup and are not using this software - I would highly recommend this for all - server and personal!

At first it takes quite a long time - but after the initial time - it sails!

Lawrence
Lawrence
Co-Founder CEO in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

No Sweat Backups

Kommentare: Positive.

Simple. Easy. Had our admin give us our install information and within meetings it started the back-up. The first one took a day - but after that it's very short.

The after-hours back up is a bit confusing to me. I try to do my backups in the background when I'm working during the day.