Most effective and user-friendly text-mining software ever used

Bewertet am 28.9.2016
Fay H.
International Market Research Consultant
Marktforschung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For quickly and rapidly identifying themes and creating analytical outputs on 1000s of open-ended survey responses as well as analyzing policy documents and focus group transcripts, WordStat has saved me many hours and allowed me to augment the level of insight I'm able to bring to my clients. The first client we used it with, a global leader in the retail industry, was blown away, they had never seen computer-assisted qualitative analysis of this kind (neither had we) - we won a 2-year contract right away thanks to this software. Highly recommended.

Vorteile: Actionable analytical outputs, easy to interpret for the end-user. Easy to build and apply a dictionary for custom analysis, using the same analytical tools. Straightforward to evaluate hypotheses on how a theme is treated across numerous free-flowing texts, documents, articles, transcripts, etc. User-friendly and easy to learn. Segmentation for easy comparison and further insight also available. Easy extraction of relevant verbatims or quotations thanks to display of keywords in context.

Nachteile: I've had no issues.

Full featured and powerful free text analyzer

Bewertet am 11.10.2016
Erin W.

Kommentare: WordStat functions as an add-on to Provalis' other data software, Simstat and QDA Miner. I have only used it in conjunction with QDA Miner, as we deal primarily with quantitative data. We found the initial setup process is rather time-intensive and interative - in setting up dictionaries, classifiers, and exclusions. Without this step, the software is really limited to simple text analyses. However, when these are filled out and refined, WordStat really does some amazing reports - the best I've seen for free-text analysis. We have a fairly narrow set of needs, and so have not used all of its capabilities, but the ability to perform word frequency analysis over thousands of documents and tie free-text to specific temporal data has really been amazing! It is a very powerful software and, as such, does have a considerable learning curve. It processes very quickly, and it's easy to import text from multiple sources. Recommended, but be prepared for time to setup, QC, and make manual adjustments to the output.

Competitively priced text analytics solution

Bewertet am 3.1.2017
Jason P.

Kommentare: WordStat and QDA Miner is very good for projects with a lot of documents. I got the software at a fraction of the cost of other products and it is as capable, if not better. It is doing an excellent job comparing to high-end tools but priced at a level that our university could afford.

Vorteile: You can control the analysis. You know how the analysis is done. It's not a black box.
Advanced computer assistance to speed up the analysis process.

Nachteile: Learning curve