I can't find a better replacement yet!

Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Emeka O.
Digital Skills Trainer

Kommentare: Evernote has been a very useful app to me. I use it to keep both personal and business journals. I don't have to be carrying diary all around. An amazing experience I've had with Evernote was when I was going through me notes and found a note I wrote 3 years ago. I entirely forgot about the note, but was wowed when I saw it. Evernote had been awesome!

Vorteile: Evernote is a note taking app I started using in 2016, about 3 years ago. It's the best I have yet to see in it's category of products. With Evernote, I'm able to do a couple of things, and that effectively. These include: 1. With Evernote I'm able to write notes, and have them auto-saved when I leaves the app, even without saving them manually. 2. With Evernote I'm able to password protect my notes to maintain my privacy. I can also use finger print to unlock the app, which makes it more fun. The cool part of this feature is that the app automatically locks itself when it is minimized for a while. This helps me protect my privacy. 3. With Evernote, collaborating with teams becomes a lot easier. I and my team can work on a note together. 4. With Evernote, I'm able to chat with other users. This makes collaboration a lot faster. I do not need to exit the app to communicate with fellow collaborators, I can do that right from the app. 5. Evernote allows me a huge amount of space where I can save my notes. The beautiful part is that I can even add voice notes, pictures and other attachments to a note. Is this not amazing 😁😁? 6. I do set reminders with Evernote. This helps me effectively manage my time. 7. Evernote helps me to sync my notes online. This allows me to edit my notes across devices. I can write a note on the Evernote mobile app, and edit it on my PC 😁😁. Beautiful!

Nachteile: There is a saying that everything that has an advantage equally have a disadvantage. A few cons I've noticed about Evernote include: 1. There is no "forgot pin" option on the pin prompt screen of the Evernote app. This means that if you forgets your Evernote pin, you'll have to uninstall and reinstall it before you can have access to your notes again 🤨🤨. 2. The Evernote premium comes with a budget. If you don't have the budget to renew your subscription periodically, you'll be left behind. Aside from these two cons, Evernote is awesome!

Ultimate personal digital notebook.

Bewertet am 12.7.2019
Zeynel A.
Student
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It is one of the best options to take notes and organize them.
I found it very useful for writing summaries and reviews for book.
I can store the files (especially ones I need to reach everyday)
I use it as task management and planning system... as draft for comprehensive projects.... and for many applications
In short; it is my best productivity tool

Vorteile: Before I started to use Evernote organizing my notes was something challenging and frustrating to me... I had plenty of pdf files, screenshots in several devices such as my computer, usb disk and mobile phone. And it wasn't an easy task to remember which note was in which device. For not be too dependent on devices I used to mail the word files to myself, causing my dirve to be even messed up. And searching the notes was almost out of option.
But with Evernote;
I know pretty well to store which note in which folder for my notes to be organized
I can reach my notes with any device, as I organized them.
I have no problem with finding a note when I need it.
I can easily edit the files in Evernote without having to download and upload over and over again.
Thanks to auto-saving and auto-uploading feature, power blackout, while writing, is not big issue for my notes, because I know it has been saved and uploaded already.
Feature of seeing the previous versions of the notes, makes copying notes redundant.
I can download my notes, and can reach them offline as well
Its feature of taking photo of books or notebooks and saving them as searchable format is life-saving

Nachteile: You cannot create nested hierarchies of notebooks. You can only create notebooks and note stacks. But the option of creating sub notes would be useful
It doesn't have multilevel listing feature as Microsoft Word has... like 1, 1.1, 1.a ,1.2.1... and so on
I want to be able to make check spelling in different languages for different notes, but Evernote is not powerful in this regard.
I would like to use web-clipper in Yandex browser too

Essential Tool for Note Organization

Bewertet am 7.5.2019
Ross M.
Operations Director
Medienproduktion, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Evernote is one of my 3 essential tracking apps, next to Email and Basecamp. Email tracks communication threads, Evernote tracks my notes, and Basecamp tracks my tasks. It's hard to imagine living without any of these three foundational tools.

Vorteile: Evernote is the ultimate personal digital notebook. It's actually built as a collection of notebooks which allows you to document, well, everything you need to in a highly organized way. I've found that almost all of my thoughts start with Evernote and it serves as a great foundational app for lists, ideas, and concepts that you need to jot down and reference later. The cloud-based approach means your notes instantly live everywhere across all of your devices which is essential, especially because 80% of my use within Evernote is short, quick interactions and I never know on which device I'll need to access something. I don't have time to wait for it to load or to go through a bunch of UI to decide where to put my note.; luckily - Evernote does a good job of keeping the notebook selection process fairly simple so you can make your note and move on with life. I've also found Evernote's search feature to be very strong compared to other applications. I've grown to rely on the search more heavily as my notebook collection has grown.

Nachteile: Sometimes note creation is a tad clunky, mainly related to the "Name" of a note. I'll start typing out my note very quickly and then realize that i'm actually in the Name field which is disorienting and leaves my having to cut/paste the Name section into the description. I typically don't know what I want to name a note until I've finished writing it. This problem exists in both the mobile app and desktop versions.

More than just a note taking an it's so much more

Bewertet am 4.4.2019
Javier O.
Building Inspector
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Overall I started using this application for my notes while attending school and I learned more of the in's and outs and the power of taking notes with this app. This app is great if you are in need of having to take notes on the go and having them organized at the same time which the app does for you. If you answer yes to the following questions you will benefit from this application:
Do you often have trouble finding something to write with or paper to write notes but you only carry your phone at all times?
Do you often talk to your self and come up with good ideas but not enough time to write them down?
Do you take pictures and save them in your phone as notes but have trouble sorting through embarrassing photos?
Do you have a scanner app on your phone to scan documents just to be able to e-mail that as an attachment?
Have trouble keeping your thoughts and notes organized?
If you answer yes to one or all those questions basically this app does this for you on the go all in one app. You can take regular notes like a traditional pen on paper on your screen with the widget. You can make a voice note from the widget as well without having to open the app fully. If you think it's a waste of time trying to scan a paper on a physical scanner and then transfer that to your computer and send that important e-mail because you are always on the go or out of the office? No problem this app does that for you.

Nachteile: I have been using the app for more than 2 years and I have to admit that even though it's a great app it does have a few flaws but they are just minor in comparison to all the good things it gets right. You can only have 3 devices per account unless you pay for the premium version. I personally think that the premium version offers a lot of more versatility to the app but I don't pay for this service and keep using the free version. I normally carry this app on my phone, tablet, and have it on my computer so I can sync all my notes together. I understand that this might not be too much of a con but I don't need much of the premium features that come with that premium fee. You might keep getting ads to upgrade every once in a while if you are a free member. Another drawback that I have is that sometimes the app will randomly crash while typing my notes and even though it does save this before exiting the app making sure that I don't lose any of my work. I do find that this does get me a bit frustrated and sometimes I have to be restarting my device or just the app itself losing some of my valuable time. I value my time and when you are either a college student or a business sometimes you cannot afford to lose that important test notes for your midterm or client information.

I just call it My Digital Memory

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Tatiana F.
Research Director
Marktforschung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use it for both saving and keeping updated important information for our (small) company: credentials for commonly used services, settings, guides for the software used, templates of how-tos for different situations. Basically, everything that could have been kept in disparate folders and notes flying around. Another application - when conducting secondary market research, creating compendiums of various articles on different topics: the article's text is saved "forever" together with the active URL. All that's needed it's just to organize it by tagging and/or assigning to specific folders/notebooks. As a bottom line, using Evernote has significantly decreased the amount of lonely (yet important) paper notes flying around and made it super easy to find basically anything that needed to be recorded.

Vorteile: This is by far the best and the most functional software to make notes of any kind, keep necessary information and synchronize it across any type and any number of platforms: I use it simultaneously on Macbook, two Windows computers and iPhone and it always synchs smoothly. Unlike many other alternatives, there is a great system of nested notebooks which makes it super easy to group and arrange the information. Other great options: saving PDF files inside, add notes by sending whatever to an assigned email address, tagging, search in everything, and of course, collaboration options. Other small but great add-ons are Web clipper for desktop and mobile browsers and external mobile apps.

Nachteile: I've been using this software since 2010 and still sometimes feel overwhelmed with a plethora of settings and tweaks. I understand how overly complex and frightening it can look to a new user, that will most likely compare it with Apple Notes or so. Over the past years, Evernote has made some positive changes in the overall design, as well as the functionality (and simplicity of creating) of tables and pictures editing. However, this is still not enough to be called easy. Additionally, there can be great problems with document formatting when copying something from Web.

Perfect for small business in need of a flexible solution for File Management, Sharing & Collab

Bewertet am 10.1.2019
Ing siang T.
Engineering Officer
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Love the flexibility, especially the way you can embed different files within Evernote, and render them within itself (e.g. you can view Office, Xmind, PDF and other files in your notes, either as attachment or as inline render (which is very useful). There's also some nice features like password-protected redaction of words/information in a note, classic note links (useful for cross-linking of notes) etc. And all these wrapped within the most important thing about Evernote - its platform agnostic nature, and very robust search engine (OCR enabled).

Nachteile: It is hard to use - the use case is not obvious and many users and companies failed to harness its power because Evernote doesn't have a very natural way of using it "correctly". There's just too many ways to use it. And it is really difficult to keep Evernote "organised" - for personal Evernote, you can say that's perfectly fine because you probably shouldn't have tried to organise your notes (you should treat it as a brain dump, and use search instead of trying to find things navigationally), but for business, you need to organise your stuffs and Evernote still lacks the ability to enforce certain control on that. You have to rely on your team members' ability to regulate themselves and tag notes rigorously and consistently. It also has certain limitation that's not very desirable, e.g. lack of password-protection feature of an entire note, lack of more levels when it comes to organisation of notes in notebooks (no further stacking, bundle of notebooks etc.), and you almost certainly have to use Tags instead of Notebooks to effectively organise your notes.

The best personal note taking App - still medicore in business use

Bewertet am 23.11.2018
Janosch F.
Human Resources Consultant
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love Evernote for my personal Projects. I would not trade it for any other application in this segment for my personal and private Projects. In Business Projects my enthusiasm falters as the rugged edges which I am happy to tolerate in spare time projects are getting annoying fast when there is team efficency or pressure from clients. In my Opinion Evernote business has been somewhat bolted onto the most popular Note taking and management application, trying to utilize an extremely versatile and powerful core for business cases. It leaves me with a somewhat stale taste as I whish to use a business application which is not the add on to something else but an A priority project that receives maximum attention. Then again in the time I used Evernote I have been positively suprised time and again and I am sticking with this, at least for some more time.

Vorteile: I use Evernote personally for about when it first emerged on Iphone and Ipad. Since then it went up and down and donw and up, it was a Rollercoaster Ride. Sometimes I came close to quiting, the again I carried on with it. Everything became more severe when I started to invite Colleagues and Friends for personal and professional Projects. a great Boost always was - most knew the product and had next to zero animosities or better to put it the other way round: Even the not-so-much bunch of people were okay in colaborating via Evernote. On Top of it, it was available on their favourite Platform (no one had to switch form Android to iOS or vici versa). Everyone knew how to use the editor, things didn't look to pretty at the start but then, after a while, like a game you get the hang of after a couple of rounds, it got better and better. Tables, Images, even embeded Videos. It all got together. Also we could choose which data would be encrypted and which was okay to stay unencrypted. Thinsg synced fine and we also had an integrated chat. Basically, Evernote had covered a lot of the needs we had as a team as wel as a band of friends in private Projects. The Features you require are there and they are easy to use.
Also, the team behind evernote is quick regarding upcoming Platform changes and usually Evernote is up to the newest iterration of the Operting System it runs on verry quickly.

Nachteile: Speaking of the features which are there...as it is often the case with growing platforms, there are some which are just not...my type of thing. Document templates might be something for some people, but not for us. Also, the Features are not homogenous on the different platforms. Thats right, if you want to do search-and-replace you better do not try to do it on a mac. Right Features like this are missing. Inviting People also can get a real pain in the arm in case they use Evernote privately without a busines account, as can the abominable dialogue for sharing notes on mac. It is absolutely clear that evernote is incredibly ambitious by supplying native clients for iOS, Android, Windows, MacOs PLUS a Webfrontend. This realy is awesome but it leads to raged edges when you are power user, save a team of such working cross Platform un complex projects.

Long time user

Bewertet am 13.11.2018
Dan B.
Solutions Consultant
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Evernote stores important data and information that may be used later. It is a focal application for data acquisition that may be used in any business venue, especially in a business like yours where there is data gathered from many different sources and where many different work procedures need to be implemented for running the business efficiently.
Neither data may be lost nor timed actions depending on the information may be missed or miss-executed.
We can say that Evernote: 1. Stores information in a form of files called "Notes".
The Notes can contain text, files (any kind of file), photos, hyperlinks, audio recordings, video, screen clips, business cards. There are some features specific to the way Evernote can store information contained in a web page as;
1. Full page
2. Article
3. Simplified article
4. Screenshot
5. Bookmark
The web clipping functionality has not been implemented nearly as well in any competing product such as OneNote.
2. Notes are grouped in the "Notebooks"
Notebooks are like the Collections of related Notes, which indeed is very intuitive.
3. Notes can be “Tagged”
The Tags add finely "textured" categories - as a form of the "metadata", allowing for finer "indexing" of information and more useful aggregation of notes with the same tags/categories.
For example; in a "Project" notebook, we can have tags such as:
1. Collecting data,
2. Preparing data,
3. Analysing data,
4. Presenting a proposal,
5. Project implementation
6. etc…
In this way, the "Kanban" project management applications, such as Trello, can effectively use the Evernote notes as "cards" on Kanban dashboard lists. There is also a product called "Kanbanote" which can visually display tagged Evernote notes in a Kanban dashboard sequence of subsequently executed lists of actionable cards. In that way, a Note becomes an actionable "Kanban Card".
4. Notes can have "reminders" added.
The reminders allow for the Calendaring and time tracking of activities related to the information contained in Notes and Notebooks. Evernote can effectively be used as a Task management application saving time and money and simplifying employee training.
5. Information can be shared
Every Note and Notebook can be shared as a "dynamic" Note so that the people you share the Note with can review your content and add changes - or the Note can be shared in the "Static" form as a message containing the information of the shared Note. The message can be sent as an e-mail or as any other kind of message.
6. Information can be searched for, located and retrieved
One of the real strengths of Evernote has been the capability to perform a full-text search, searching not only within the Note title or contents but also within the attached documents, where I would definitely point out the PDF text search that can be performed over the internet on the Evernote servers.
8. Scanning, OCR and data patterns recognition
Evernote Premium subscription, that I definitely recommend, also has the neat option of scanning documents and business cards of your clients and customers, performing optical character recognition on the Evernote servers, connecting with your contacts management application, such as Google contacts or similar - and proposing a way to store the OCR-ed information in your Contacts with quite accurate matching of the information for the card to the fields of your contact management application.

Nachteile: e main deficiency with Evernote is you cannot create notes and share them without sending them via email, twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, or with a general link. It would be great to allow one person access to certain notes through the website, similar to Google Drive. I don’t believe this functionality is available though. Maybe this is part of their business features, we have not evaluated this portion of Evernote at this time. Another deficiency with this program is the size of storage available for free. Evernote offers 60 megabytes of space with their free level of the program.

Productivity, content curation, and collaboration in one tool

Bewertet am 20.8.2018
Paola P.
Guest Relations
Fotografie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Evernote to optimize my productivity. It takes care of all the reminders for me. I curate and share my inspiration boards, and allows me to easily turn them into new content that I can share with the people that will eventually polish it and give it final shape before it can go online. I import Typeform questionnaire answers to Evernote for this same goal, and I have set up a number of Gmail filters that let me know when to pitch my posts for guest posting or to get valuable links for my domain.

Vorteile: Many things I like about Evernote, but I would say that my favorite is the fact that I can use it as the "hub" that contains (and sometimes triggers) most of my daily tasks. I would love to be able to review Evernote together with Zapier, as I am currently making the most out of the capabilities that both tools offer when they are combined. Evernote by itself is an extremely helpful productivity tool, and I love the fact that I don't always need to be online to update or create notes. I mostly use it to jot down ideas for new posts or articles as they come to me, and I also keep a couple of notebooks for content curation. I can add stuff from the real world as easily as I can clip websites or anything that I see on the go. To keep up with my content creation calendar, I connect Evernote with Gmail, Typeform, and Calendly. Although there are more Zaps available, these are the ones I use the most often to keep track of my contacts, review questionnaire answers that I then turn into blog posts, and keep track of appointments and phone calls. I easily share my notes and

Nachteile: Evernote doesn't have many flaws as I see it, but I did find a few times that some of the capabilities in other collaboration tools such as Google Drive would be handy for Evernote. I wish there was a way to keep track of my actions (such as what Basecamp does with the "everything" section). I also would love to be able to share something with a co-worker in "view only" mode (this can be done in Google Drive). As far as I've been using the tool, it does not have either of these options. Also, the way that every document or PDF has to be uploaded to a page is sometimes not ideal, as I would also like to have the option to just upload something to my notebook or to Evernote itself for safekeeping or to be able to reference it within a note.

A consolidated repository for everything important

Bewertet am 3.7.2018
Aanchal J.
Digital Marketing Strategist
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The tool is extremely feature rich. There are utilities that I am yet to explore but the fact that Evernote is loaded with features makes it a perfect tool for both professional and personal uses.

Vorteile: From the name itself, one might feel that Evernote is literally a note-making software (which it is) but its utility is beyond "just making notes". It is one of those reminder boxes, note-making books and a repository all at once where you can "dump" all of your important things - Be it notes, links, photos, articles, audios, important files and just about everything. What I really like is the fact that you can sift through the type of content you save in Evernote. This makes it easy for me to go back to the stuff I have saved.
1) After having used other note-making software where their prime and perhaps only USP was the ease with which they let me make notes, Evernote definitely goes many steps ahead - It understands that "notes" for a professional or for a human can be beyond just text. Notes, figuratively, really are anything that is important to us. Hence, Evernote fulfills these needs by providing options like enabling audio recording and saving them as notes.
2) I like the fact that I can make separate notebooks for similar themed notes. It eases my job while searching from archived notebooks. To be able to assign tags to each notebook further makes the job easier.
3) Web Clipper is one of the most useful features especially when I am shopping online. I can just save a particular item through the web clipper option to be seen as a "wishlist" item in Evernote. It is especially constructive when I am shopping from multiple sites/apps and want to create a central wishlist repository for all the picks I like. It is equally useful for other purposes like - saving/bookmarking articles, newspieces or anything I find online that is worth keeping or remembering.
4) You can set reminders to yourself. This is another feature that makes Evernote a truly holistic software and in fact, much like a Saas.
5) Similarly, apart from creating your go-to repository for everything important, you can chat with others as well.

Nachteile: Evernote runs on Basic (which is free) model and a Premium model. The free version inevitably comes with its limitations like - Monthly upload limit is extremely less especially considering the fact that, it has so many features to save your data. Where it provides so many features, it sets itself back with the space limitation which is minimal. The paid version (Premium), however is pretty cheap, but feasible only if you really are a heavy note-making user.

Top of the line

Bewertet am 15.6.2018
Lindsay M.
Addictions Specialist

Kommentare: Ability to retrieve older documents with ease. I can also, whether mid-conversation or during a meeting or presentation, quickly retrieve information that I've forgotten or to elaborate on someone else's ideas.

Vorteile: I've used this software since 2013. This is one program that I CANNOT live without. I store EVERYTHING in Evernote. I probably don't even use 1/2 of of the functions available with this software, but I'm still determined to master it though! Pro number one for me is the convenience! I use the browser version and the app, when on my Mac, and the app on my phone, too. The capture tool on my Mac makes storing emails, screenshots, receipts, pictures, audio clips and all other document formats super easy to save for later. Evernote is also able to easily collaborate with all the other storage software(Dropbox, Drive, Box, OneDrive, Acrobat, etc.) and the syncing is better than any other software I've used to date. I can literally save something in EN on my Mac and my phone instantly buzzes with the notification of the change. The search function is also amazeballs. Because EN uses OCR technology to "read" the text in files, if I searched for "sandwich" (I'm hungry), I would get a list of every file in EN that has the word "sandwich" anywhere in the file. Worrying about naming your files so that you can find them later are OVER! Some examples of the many mediums that I store in EN are: cards that are given to me for special occasions, pictures, tags off of purchases I make, user manuals for all the devices in the house, coupons, audio clips (usually made while driving), and recipes. Basically, for me, it's a one-stop shop to store the verbal, written or digital tidbits of life

Nachteile: Now, the "downside". Using this program since 2013 should tell you, that any downsides EN does have, are vastly overshadowed by it's shine. Shifting your lifelong organizational habits from a file/ folder based system to En's "note/ notebook" system overwhelms some people, I'm sure. I struggled with this, myself! Don't let it, though! If you remember, I already applauded the awesome search capabilities of EN. When I use search, and don't dig, or go "searching" manually through my folders, my task management becomes much more efficient. Organizing EN is definitely a "Con" for me, though. I really haven't done it. I store and search. EN would definitely become even more efficient for me, if I spent some time cleaning it up. Another thorn for me, is getting the info. OUT of EN, if I'm not sharing it to another integrated application(like dropbox). EN makes it's own document extension. When you download, or try to email something with your default email client (EN has it's own email client that looks like chat, visually), the item you are sending has a .enex extension (ex. "doc.enex") NO programs can open this file extension. So, converting these EN , .enex files, to Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe portable document format (.pdf) wastes time and inconveniences the user. Lastly, there is the cost. EN is one of the more expensive options for information storage, but there is a free version available. You only need to subscribe when increased storage space is needed.

Evernote business is the ultimate desktop organizer. With a virtually limitless software support.

Bewertet am 27.5.2018
Julio césar P.
Coordinador Académico del Área de Idiomas

Kommentare: Tons of excellent planning and arranging features at the palm of your hand. No matter the field you are in, organizing your life by means of this software is going to be an indispensable habit you are going to develop with this time-saving, modern app.

Vorteile: With the current immensely growing and competitive market of desk organizers, Evernote business can really stand out. Mainly because of its simple and intuitive design, robust cloud storage and several other features like its technically universal software support, this app can make your organizational life a whole lot easier. With just a couple of days using this app, Business and education users are going to find it extremely uncomplicated to make use of the tons of pretty neat features this apps has and continues to add up to this date. Evernote promises and delivers hundreds of options for making your professional duties very easy to plan and follow up. Either for arranging important meetings, setting up future events or even making reminders or useful notes on the run. As an educator, I have found this last feature a more than useful one, since I'm always preparing language teaching materials and presentations, Evernote gives me the chance to record, scribble or handwrite pretty much about anything that comes to my mind, and I always going to have the pleasant and fulfilling feeling that the info is always going to be there, at the pal of my hand. In this continuously busy world we are living in nowadays, evernote is definitely an essential tool for the XXI century professional.

Nachteile: One negative aspect from this software could be how pricey it really is to get the monthly fee pay version.

Note taking does not get better than this

Bewertet am 16.4.2018
Miguel G.
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Evernote is a great note taking tool. Despite all the other available apps at my disposal (from Microsoft's OneNote, to Tasks and ToDo's in Outlook, as well as built-in desktop note taking and more) I still think Evernote takes the lead regarding note taking.

Vorteile: Any way you slice it, Evernote is all about effective, efficient note management. More than a basic note tool, Evernote lets you capture notes on anything and everything you need to manage. Evernote offers 3 levels: basic, plus and premium. Most small businesses can get away with the basic. I do and it works for me. The plus and premium offers increase upload limits, note sizes, and other features that benefits power users. The price range is truly affordable. And if you are big on note taking, Evernote is it! You can even categorize your notes in notebooks (their version of a folder). And even start chats for collaboration purposes. What is making Evernote better, is its continuous efforts to improve their products. Like their beta feature to connect meeting notes with Google Calendar. Evernote offers offline access in their plus and premium subscriptions. And Webclipper takes bookmarks to a whole new level.

Nachteile: Cannot say there is anything I dislike. But, some have mentioned that it does not have a fancy user interface (UI). But it is really more about functionality, which I am all about that. If you really are a power user when it comes to note taking, you really need to start with the higher levels. The basic may not give you all you need. But, start with that for free and see what you can do with it.

Excellent Note Taking Platform - Organize All Your Ideas and Projects

Bewertet am 11.4.2018
Haja C.
Developer

Kommentare: Evernote is an excellent, well-designed, comprehensive note organizing platform which allows profound ease of accessibility of your information wherever you are. These features make it extremely useful for business or personal use.

Vorteile: This idea-magnet helps you to quickly capture information, from the web, or your own generated notes, and easily organize and save this information. It is user friendly - there is no select all, copy-paste, drag and drop or formatting while trying to capture information. Instead, Evernote has a beautifully designed mobile application and browser extensions which make collecting many types of info (images, handwritten or typed notes, web pages, audio,etc) incredibly easy. With a button click, your info is stored securely and organized. Most importantly, your organized info is available across platforms. There are many nice well-thought out features to the software, including a great Android feature that lets you drag down your notification bar to quickly create a note.You can both capture web pages and control the extent which the info is saved (i.e. trimmed articles without ads, full web pages, headings, summary or links), and the notebook it is saved to. The original source link is retained as well.

The sync across devices is fast and works very well on Android Mobile, Web browsers (Chrome, Firefox). There is also a desktop version as well for Mac Os and PC Download. Under the premium version, there is even the option for offline accessibility of your notes (I have not personally used this feature). The free version is very good and the cost for premium versions which include unlimited sync and other features (searching images, receipts, email) is reasonable, depending on how much info you plan to store. You can further secure access to your info with fingerprint or password protection, and you can share info with a team. Very importantly, Evernote also plays well with other tech solutions, such as Google Drive, Airtable and LinkedIn.

Nachteile: Trying to share info from Evernote with other people who do not have Evernote is not as simple as you would think. The storage capacity for the free version could be a little larger.

Good for almost everything

Bewertet am 8.12.2015
Marcus A.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: If you are a visual person or if you have the kind of attention issues common in ADHD and common also to many other right brained folks, you will often find the internet to be a very challenging thing we never had to worry about in the past.
It is candy to someone like that because there are a million paths to take--- for free ---that lead to different doors and a person like me can get lost pretty easily without knowing it. I always feel like there is something I'm missing and I don't want to forget and regret it later. In that sense, Evernote has freed me to move about the internet more easily by allowing me to trick my mind into saving everything that seems important so that I can tell myself to keep moving forward instead of getting distracted. The Evernote web clipper is the best feature by far in that it quickly and properly clips most things without much more to think about and without concern that something didn't work properly. I've saved more than 9000 items in my Evernote to date. As a premium member I have never even come close to running short on my given space for the month. So it's come in handy for a person who organizes differently than most - it has become a brain dump for everything and anything I need it to be. And that relieves my mind from worrying about where I put something. That's all great. Where it still needs improvement is the usefulness after things are saved. For every 1000 things I save, I probably go back and even see about 50 of them in truth. I wind up just going back out to the internet to find them all over again - That may be just my mistake, or it may be because I feel that the notes aren't complete unless I know they are up to date and unless I can more easily visualize what I need. All of the other things tend to get lost in the notebook system that can be so simple it's actually confusing. By allowing us to sort things by various tag words or notebooks, they take the entire thing and make it more suitable for the left brained logical type of person.
These are folks who can see order in words and numbers where I tend to see letters as little black bits of ink on a screen. I am much more easily able to organize things visually to determine proper workflow for me and there just isn't much of a way that I have yet found to do that. You can merge notes together, but it's a process unless you simply want to merge them, not edit them. You can't organize visually in a way that, for instance, shows you only the photos in your folders - so you can structure them in a way you understand. You can't change the order of each note so that you can manually put things where you want them and that's probably my biggest complaint. I realize there are workarounds - but it's not seamless and it doesn't allow for free flow of the thoughts. Much of what I save are simply photos , but not all - and I would love to have some more flexibility to create notes in a fashion like Curio - where anything goes and it can be as visual or as simple as you need it. Unfortunately, they don't have a web clipper although you can import your Evernote notes into a great app like Curio, it still doesn't feel the same because the visual portion of the notes is not easy to see. However, there are a ton of add-ons and for what I use it for it's great. There is something new added every day so I hope it's just a matter of time or perhaps I've missed something that will help me with this. On it's own, it's almost perfect, but it just hasn't fulfilled the hope that sooner or later someone is going to come up with an app that fulfills all needs in one. I have often copied notes into three or four apps to make sure I don't lose anything as I piece together the job in a way I can see. That wastes a lot of time and space. One day, I will either find an app that helps me make sense of what's already there or helps me take what I have and make sense of it by reordering it. Either way, it's still the best thing I have found to use every day for all data collection with the exception of video.

Vorteile: great search engine. never lost anything that I couldn't again find.
fast, easy on system
mobile apps are solid and have pen functions now
somewhat customizable
handles images very well - full size
annotation feature great

Nachteile: No visual shortcut options to sort through notes and tag them visually quickly.
Words don't cut it when sorting quickly and grouping.
No ability to change color of backgrounds in the app so they differentiate from each other while still maintaining an order
No drag and drop image function
Organization is simple enough for some, but I need some real world examples start to finish to implement things for myself.
I would love to see some full use cases shown that are common enough that I could cut and paste for myself.
Some internal templates could help.

Evernote - the most complete note-taking application

Bewertet am 16.10.2018
Student
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: To sum up, Evernote has in my view a very good feature set - I've not had a single moment in which I missed something. The applications, the web platform, the synchronization and the collaboration works perfectly in most cases. Sometimes, there are small bugs - but none of them is deal-breaking or especially annoying.

Vorteile: Evernote offers for me the best overall package of a note-taking application. I've already tried lots of different programs, but Evernote stood out in a positive matter. Most importantly, Evernote offers the ability to sync all your notes across all your devices, including a very good Android app, a performant and professional Windows version and a Web platform.
These notes can contain everything including pictures, formatting, sound, pdf and other files, which makes it very comfortable to have everything in one place. For example, travel notes can include text, the flight & hotel documents, pictures of the addresses and they can be shared easily, which is a very important feature in my opinion. Additionally, the notes can be classified in notebooks which makes it easy to sort them in categories.
Further, Evernote offers features which makes it more simple to include it in your daily workflow: you're able to easily add notes by forwarding E-Mail to Evernote, it'is possible to capture photos of documents and adding handwritten notes is a possibility for an improved note-taking experience.

Nachteile: All in all, I haven't found any dealbreaking disadvantages. In some cases, especially the App contains small bugs. For instance, the handwriting tool has not that many outstanding features and sometimes has a delay, the syncing is not always perfect and the Google Drive file linking sometimes just does not work in my situation. But like I've already mentioned, none of these has made me think about quitting Evernote.

My productivity sidekick!

Bewertet am 15.9.2017
Ben M.
Head of Development Technologies
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Evernote has been with me since it was a Windows application that simply offered a never-ending stream of notes. No cloud service, and many of the features people have come to rely on today were nowhere to be found. But it was still me favorite note taking app. Ever since then, Evernote has continued to progress. It's now an entirely different product that has almost no resemblance to the thing I bought originally, but in doing so it's cemented its place for me as the best note taking app in existence.

Vorteile: Once something goes into Evernote, it's there forever (unless you delete it). You have unlimited space, with the only limit being the amount you can upload each month (and it's generous). I was able to completely digitize every document and photo in my home within one month's limit and I wasn't even close to going over. Evernote offers great apps for all platforms (except Linux), and also has a very nice web app. You can do everything you might want from any Evernote interface available to you.

Nachteile: The applications are sometimes very different from each other. The desktop application has a totally different experience than the web application. The mobile experience is somewhere in between, but that's to be expected. If I forget to properly rename scanned documents, sometimes they sort of fall into a black hole where they're in Evernote but nearly impossible to find via searching, and looking manually for them would take a long time.

The best platform to seamlessly collaborate and store your notes.

Bewertet am 21.2.2018
Kashish S.
Founding Member | Head of Business Development - Voice
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Innumerable benefits! Definitely the single-most used platform on daily basis for me. I have referred and onboarded multiple colleagues and friends onto Evernote. It's scalable, I obsessively keep on noting down everything on Evernote, to the point that I have stopped using MS Word and basic 'Notes' operations offered in MacOS. The biggest value that I have been deriving is the ability to capture photos of books I read and store them on cloud. The captured photo allows it to preserve that shot like a scanned image. This has truly allowed me to capture important pieces from books I regularly read.

Vorteile: 1. It's superbly easy to organize your notebooks, have everything visually cataloged
2. Tagging notes with keywords really powers great search experience
3. Scanning pages etc is great, really captures great notebook shots
4. Instant public sharing from a single click
5. The fact that I can easily collaborate with people without any friction. Moreover it's fairly simple to grant people access to specific notes.
6. Access the account across multiple platforms, I have all of my devices synced and absolutely love it.
7. It just seems like the most scalable platform for notes taking. I literally don't use any other platform other than Evernote.

Nachteile: While Evernote basically covers all of my immediate requirements, the only thing which I feel that Evernote can solve or better optimize themselves for would be the "Check-list feature". This would really allow me to better manage my 'To-dos', essentially making Evernote a one-stop solution for all of my personal notes and to-do requirements.

Cloud note taking has never been easier.

Bewertet am 11.8.2018
James D.

Kommentare: This software is great for those who want to have their notes easily accessible and in the cloud. However, as it’s primarily used as a mobile app. There is the free option available, but with the monthly upload cap, things can get frustrating quickly, especially if you are uploading a lot of voice notes. If you can afford the cost for Premium, go for it. It’s definitely worth it, especially if you’re using an iOS device. Yes, you could use your phone’s built-in note app, but the cloud storage and OCR are worth spending the money.

Vorteile: As far as note-taking goes, Evernote is one of the better options available, especially on mobile. It stores your notes in the cloud, making it easy to access on both computer and mobile device. It’s also available on both iOS and Android, so if you need to switch from one operating system to the other, you can bring your notes with you, unlike with something like Samsung notes, which is only available on Samsung devices. The best feature is the Optical Character Recognition. I love the ability to search for words that can either be in notes or in images.

Nachteile: The bandwidth restriction is not too bad if you plan to go with their Premium option. However, there is still a monthly upload cap which could get filled rather easily if you create a lot of notes, audio notes, and images. The maximum note size is 200MB which isn’t often reached but is on occasion. It is also detrimental in that you cannot add a video note. I hope this will be rectified in a future update. It would also be handy to have the software “read” what you’ve handwritten and turn it into text.

I. Love. Evernote.

Bewertet am 6.2.2017
Sherri J.
Blogger
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Yes, I know there are other programs out there. But, I got introduced to Evernote after hearing everyone I follow online talk about it. So, I signed up. And, I've been in love ever since. I use it daily to track just about everything. I rarely open up MS Word anymore. I typically compose in Evernote and move it over to MS Word if I need to print it for professional consumption. Otherwise, Evernote is my bestest friend! I used the free version for a while and then signed up for the paid version because it allows you to annotate PDFs. That function didn't work the way that I thought it would. But, I was still satisfied with Evernote so I didn't cancel my subscription.

Vorteile: I can check Evernote on every device I own, including my laptop, iPad and Samsung Note. The notes update within seconds of being created. Now that I have the paid version, I can upload everything. I've been slowly moving docs from my computer's hard drive to Evernote. It's been much easier to use/access material than iCloud.

Nachteile: The reason I upgraded was because I wanted to be able to annotate PDFs. But that function didn't work the way I intended. Instead of printing with the annotations on the document itself, it prints the annotations as a separate document from the PDF - which was useless for my purposes.

The best way I've stayed organised

Bewertet am 6.12.2017
Terry L.
Photographer
Fotografie

Kommentare: It frees up my mind to concentrate on my business.

Vorteile: Organisation is not just about planning your diary but also planning your thoughts. With Evernote I have been able to capture all my ideas and thoughts and have them put into dedicated folders within Evernote, this frees up my day to day thoughts by not having to remember everything or get worked up about planning things. I can then put time aside every week to go through the notes and see what needs actioning or planning. It's also great for just remembering things and I have loads of folders in sections for when I get a PDF or need to photograph information that I might want to look back on at a later date. You can also assign keywords/tags to the documents and it will also make pdf's searchable. This also applies to websites and with the browser plug-in, makes it really easy to capture information as either article/sample or pdf for future reference. I tend to go networking a lot and being able to capture someone's business card and have it put into your contact and connect with them on LinkedIn all in one go is actually very useful.

Nachteile: Occasionally there are a few bugs and it takes a little bit of effort to get it sorted but at least their customer support actually work and helps.

Best tool for going paperless

Bewertet am 10.4.2018
Leslie M.
Family Catalyst
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Converted my work and personal life to a paper-free system easily and quickly.

Vorteile: Evernote is simple, intuitive, and feature-rich. I wanted to transition both my work and personal life to a paper-free system, and I did a ton of research to design a system and workflow for doing this that would be easy to keep up with and scalable. Evernote was the clear winner as my digital 'filing cabinet' - with its impressive OCR capabilities, easy clipping and tagging features, integration with other software, and great mobile app. I was STUNNED at how quickly I was able to convert a year's worth of paper files into this digital system, and it's already saved me a ton of time when I need to reference an old document where I previously would have to search through paper files but now can perform a quick search and send it where it needs to go no matter where I am. My team also uses Evernote nearly exclusively for things like collaborative lists, meeting agendas, etc.

Nachteile: The only things I have ever found to complain about with Evernote have been minor annoyances - not being able to capitalize tags the way I wanted when creating a new one in-note, or how a certain version rearranged a button or two - nothing that would warrant even considering docking a star from my review.

Effective Note taking

Bewertet am 31.1.2019
Associate Sr. Software Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Evernote is best specially when I have noted down something and I need to revisit it at a later point in time.I am able to quickly search and access the necessary information which is awesome. This is specifically useful when we are dealing with production support issues since we tend to get similar issues periodically. Although we have documentation around it, I find it easier and faster to document and access the info using evernote.

Vorteile: Evernote is a handy easy to use note taking tool. It allows organizing notes into notebooks. The notes can be tagged so they can be searched by tags. Very useful when grouping things by topic. The searching ability is incredible. I am very impressed with the high precision with which the results are matched for things that are searched. At times I have used the recording feature to actually audio record important meetings so I can playback the audio and make important notes from it. Since the login is linked to my gmail, it takes backup of my notes periodically which is very awesome. I like the flexibility it provides when accessing it via web or via the mac software. Definitely recommend this to everyone.

Nachteile: It could use a better formatting option for a table. I personally find it a bit difficult when I need to add additional rows/columns to them. Besides this, I don't have any other complains.

The order of your life ... and your work

Bewertet am 26.1.2019
Redactor de fútbol
Versorgungsunternehmen, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Evernote is one of those applications that since its inception has evolved in its functionality and has created new tools to facilitate the user a better organization of life, projects, events, and even mental order, which make it easier for the person to manage any type of situation. Now, with Evernote Business, the application is based on a single objective: to improve everything that corresponds to your work, allows you to interact with your work teammates, and also has an incredible platform for the organization of your company or project. And the application itself is quite simple to use, so that anyone can make use of it, and is almost indispensable for any entrepreneur of the modern era. Enough of agendas, papers, or separate files to better manage your employment. With this new model of Evernote you will find a digital platform where you will have all those possibilities in a single application. Even the use of the technological age, and this application, means that you can ignore the physical presence on a project, so you can be in contact with other members of work, even if it is on the other side of the world. You will never lose the ability to continue creating content with several members, or individually if you want. All notes, files, and so on are insured in Evernote.

Nachteile: How difficult it is to speak badly of application. Perhaps it is true that its platform is not as advanced as other applications, but its simplicity is what makes it worthy of being a great app. Possibly lacks more options according to the times, however, there is no doubt that for the function for which it was made, meets "The basics" when organizing a project, work, etc.

Evernote is a tool that you just can't live without.

Bewertet am 23.1.2018
Nathan R.

Kommentare: Everything.
I wish I had it when I went to school, I would have taken all my notes there!!!
Having your life there and synched on any device is awesome!

Vorteile: Evernote Business allows you to do everything you do in Evernote plus allows you to do the same things but business related and sharing it with your team or customers. I have used evernote since I tried it several years back, I have to say that it is the first tool I install on every single computer or device I use. My life is in it, simply put. Being able to take it a step further and take the notebooks and notes and share them with your team and customers in invaluable. Evernote allows you to save prety much everything you need (pictures, videos, notes, etc.) on the notes, and those can be arranged into notebooks. So the level of organization is amazing. Now if you take that and put it into business settings you can have a notebook for each customer (imagine you are an architect or a home decorator for example) you can have everything you need on the project and have each of the steps on a different note and each note can have pictures and anotations for every single aspect... shared with the providers of the service and some things with yout customer.