Über JW Player

Online-Videoplayer mit Video-Engagement-Analysen, nutzerdefinierten Video-Player-Skins und Live-Video-Streaming-Fähigkeit.

Erfahre mehr über JW Player

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie JW Player bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Jefferson O.
Jefferson O.
Software analyst in Nigeria
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Jw player

Kommentare: My experience with the jw player is nice due to the fact that its easy to edit media files the way i want

I like the fact that the software was designed to play all types of media files

The design is poorly done which makes it less attractive

Roya R.
Creator, Top Head Administrator, Media Producer in USA
Unterhaltung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Localized Playback: How JW Player Affects the Online Viewing Experience for Foreign Websites

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I have limited usage with JW Player, due to only having really used it on platforms such as the Canada Exclusive Global Network TV website and Japan's NicoVideo (following the upgrade to their player circa 2015), alongside local news stations that also use it for their websites; in the time that I have used it, it is heavily considered by me to be a media player that works but must not be considered as a universal solution for online video playback, despite the fact that it has allowed for me and millions of others to be able to access television and online programming that we would otherwise be unable to view elsewhere on a platform such as YouTube, Dailymotion, or Vimeo.
While JW Player is able to allow you to view the videos that you set out to watch, its coding imperfections and playback handicaps make it harder to justify over players from other groups, which is why I can only give this a Four Star ranking in my review; if you need a player for your website and can't afford nor make something that is more effective, then you may find residence with this, using it will give you a better insight on how all media players are not made equal while also allowing for the footage you put on your platform to be viewed with limited issues, you could use this as a holdover until you find a resource more efficient and still get the most out of your investment until you make the switch proper.

~ Capable of reasonably decent playback of video footage in plentiful formats and resolutions. ~ Easy adoption for online platforms in plentiful countries. ~ Continued development helps refine the player for future API updates to websites and also improves overall stability.

~ Loading Times for Online Video playback can sometimes cause serious hanging that requires the user to press Play/Pause; once to pause the video, and once again to re~enable the register that allows for the video to load. This happens even on the fastest of Internet connections. ~ Inexplicable Crashes and Error Screens that abruptly stop playback, which can happen even on video files that are not corrupted. ~ Video Framerate is locked to 024 Frames per Second on certain online platforms (Global Network TV, most notoriously), even if the uploaded video has a higher framerate. ~ Certain Playback and Menu Features (Resolution Switch, Closed Captioning, and others) are natively disabled on plentiful online platforms that use the player, with virtually no way to get them to display without modding the relevant website.

Mobeen S.
CEO in USA
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

JW Player does not work correctly for the international audience

Kommentare: In 2016 we signed with JW Player for medical education videos. Our clients were international. JW Player will not load for the majority of them. Just a buffering sign will stay on the screen. Students will purchase the product, not able to watch they will ask for a refund. We had a small team, we will work the whole day long with the customers and JW Player's support to individually figure out the issues. Finally a few months into the service, we canceled the service. I had asked their salesperson before signing the contract if we could cancel if the service did not work. He had said that he doesn't think that JW Player will come after me if I canceled. On top of this, we were given API bills for the API integrations that never happened. After incurring thousands of dollars of customer refunds and unhappy customers we decided to move on from JW Player. We moved to another company and never had the player issues. Three years later, JW Player has surfaced again. Threatening to report us to credit and asking for the $2800 for which we never received any service neither did we receive integration. Even their support team members told us that they understood that our international customers are having a bad time and it makes sense for us to move on. Not only we had terrible service, we had brand damage, unhappy customers, loss of the payments we made to JW Player and now they want more money for the remaining months in the year.

Great support. (They need it though, considering the bad product.)

They will get you in a year long contract. Product will not work for the international customers. You will have to refund, support, and have your support team be consumed with JW Player issues all the time. However, JW Player will continue to bill you with their less than ethical pricing and billing behavior.

Ryan P.
Ryan P.
Student in Jamaika
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic media player

Easily deployable Incredibly easy to use and share content to reach endless users Very responsive and fast

Could stick at times causing a bit of lag in streaming but easily overcomes and resets itself

Undergraduate Sstudent in Sri Lanka
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, Selbstständig

My Experience On JW Player

Kommentare: I am an undergraduate Engineering student and I used to watch movies, music videos and also listen to the music usually. So this JW player is the software I had chosen for that because it has many options to ease my settings as I wish and also it very eye favorable.

I am a music and film lover. So I used to watch movies all the time and also usually I used to listen to music and I am huge interested on watching music videos. So this JW Player helps me to watch movies, Music videos online as well as downloaded ones. It is very easy to handle and also the interface is very attractive and very eye favorable.

I am using this JW player for more than 2 years till now but I did not get any bad impression on this.

Operations Manager (i.e. too many hats for one title) in USA

Player is awesome, platform can be pricing/limited

Kommentare: Great player, make sure you look around if you're not a company that's OK spending a lot of money on the platform if you choose to use JW platform.

They've come a long way, staying up-to-date with best practices, and we haven't had a problem with our videos for years now. Very stable and highly recommended.

They're player is great and would use it any day, their platform is fairly limited in storage and plays etc without paying high enterprise rates that every year we have to negotiate to keep it where we are, the prices seem to skyrocket.

Madhur S.
Owner in Indien
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Worth every penny

Kommentare: It helps in building my website with all patient related experience videos, review videos etc and takes my website to another level.
And playing my contents to all screen in my clinic really enhance patient's clinical experience.

Continuous video play with my curated content on reception room where my patients wait for their turn, this really kept my patients engage with it without loosing their cool due to extra waiting. And further more feature that make my website really interactive and elegant.

Only thing I didn't like is its cost though it is worth your every penny spent but still I had to think twice before making purchase.

Joe H.
Partner in USA
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

This was my video player of choice until recently

I used JWPlayer for many years in our custom applications. From back in the Flash days and well into the HTML 5 craze, this player served us well. It's extremely robust and the API is better than any other player I've used which makes it a great choice for customization.

After buying a license several years ago, I find an email last month in my spam folder from Longtail informing me they would start charging me monthly. For what? They were not hosting my media files and I wasn't even using their CDN. I had a few other less than pleasant experiences with their support team so I finally decided to drop JWPlayer.

Amenda G.
Amenda G.
writer in USA

Promising

It is one of the fiercest competition to youtube integration on other websites out there and that's a fact I appreciate.

I do dislike that you're being limited quite a lot with it. Also the fact that your link cannot be downloaded isn't so great.

Search Manager in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Very easy to implement and customize

Kommentare: It's our video player of choice on one of our main websites, and it has proved to be flexible enough to do anything we need it to.

This may have been the easiest implementation of a tool I've ever experienced. Beyond that, it's so easy to use, you barely have to think about it after a while.

I honestly can't think of anything I don't like. We really haven't run into any problems at all.

Bryan C.
Digital & Video Specialist in USA
Verlagswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Daily user of JWPlayer

Kommentare: I think it does exactly what it is setup to do. Manage and host video.

It does what it's suppose to do, manage video and audio. They have made improvements on the analytics and that has been helpful.

I would like to see "podcast" functionality to the site. Wherein someone can download the podcast if they wanted to. Manage podcasting better. Video, they are desperate for an EASY way to add clickable functionality to the videos we upload. Right now it is cumbersome and awkward. It does not work very well. More "YouTube-like" when it comes to adding a clickable link to me, is a key component missing

Andrea D.
Accountant in USA
Medienproduktion, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Worst Customer Service Ever

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Horrible. We tried to cancel, they just simply won't allow it. Over 6 months after sending cancellation emails they are still charging the credit card. When I tried to contact them regarding it, they sent very rude responses and I feel like they are stealing our money at this point.

The end of use customer service was so bad, I can't even state something I liked about it. This horrible experience overshadowed everything.

The customer service was horrible!!!!!!!!

Kira C.
Sr. Ad Platform, Manager in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

JW_Player

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Will continue to use JW Player to test creative. There's no reason not to when everything is straight forward.

Super easy to use. I always provide the Ad Tester tool to first time users when they need to test creative. The Ad Tester does track quarile tracking and will display companions.

The UI could be updated. It's not very aesthetically pleasing. With the simplicity of the software it's probably not high on the roadmap.

Paolo M.
owner in USA

We've been using JW Player for years, I'm glad its still alive

Kommentare: JW Player allows us to display an array of content on our sites

It's nice to still use JW Player and have one of the more old school media softwares still alive and well. We still use it to this date and it works well.

I wish it were a little more compatible with shopify and other big ecommerce platforms, takes a little longer to implement.

Vivek R.
Business Development Executive in Bahrain

Promising Player

- Reliable player for contents from flash era to current HTML 5 era. - Video analytics similar to YouTube analytics. - Videos of a business are protected, and can be host in local servers.

- Price is on the high side. - Does not play 4K content properly.

Web Designer/Journalist in USA

JW Player is the best in its class, but is it good enough?

JW is the #1 solution for most companies who make it a priority to host videos on their own servers. Users can track the video's analytics, similar to the YouTube analytics page, as well as customize the video players.

However, there are some negatives. The website is sometimes hard to navigate, given the wealth of features. Also, you have to take into account the costs that come with having a feature-rich account. You have to wonder, is hosting your own videos with custom video players really worth the cost of using JW Player?

USA
Quelle: GetApp

Misleading Promises

Nothing really differentiates this product from other options that are available. You can do much better for less money and fewer headaches.

They sell that they are "business" ready, there servers are on blacklists for adult content, their policy is they don't have any, but try telling that to your client that won't allow you content through their firewall. When I discuss it with them, they won't move the servers or do anything about it.. To add insult to injury, after cancelling they still renewed my annual subscription and I now need to fight to get that charge fixed.. A big bag of headaches.

self employed in Simbabwe
Internet, Selbstständig

jw player

Kommentare: generally it reduces the damage of your content like videos being taken without your permission

it is a great software especially if you want to protect you content online like videos from unauthorized downloads it makes it more difficult for people to take content on your blog without your permission

however it does not completely secure your content there can still be unauthorized downloads if people use some other tools on your site

Information Systems Technitian in Portugal
Möbel, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to deploy web player

Kommentare: We use this to play some instructional videos on our webpage for FAQ questions.

It's pretty easy to deploy JW Player and it runs many video formats.

From the user perspective, there are some "skins" that are not so clean but this is easy changed.

Brandon S.
Brandon S.
Director of Mobile Solutions. in USA
501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and implement Video Player for websites

JwPlayer always stays up to date with the newest technologies including, streaming of videos and different codecs. Makes it easy to implement multimedia playback on websites and mobile apps.

Sometimes it can be a little difficult to setup advanced features with JWPlayer. Hopefully, they will come out with a standard for DRM protection of videos.

Thuvi S.

It has clear view of a hd videos and easy to use

Danish S.
Pakistan
Quelle: GetApp

video player for your site

Its nice flash video player for your own site or blog. Customizable and and also have free version which is good.

Can be more customizable. Paid version is expensive. Need more improvements. Customer support can be better

Kasey B.
USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

A really great video software

Kommentare: I've used by friends copy once and it was really outstanding, I would consider buying if I did more video work, but this is the real deal with massive amounts of content editing features! You should really try it, its worth your time

Adam M.

I have used this project for playing Hi-Rezsfootage for my clients .

It was easy to download and has a logical interface and a lot of additional features that I wouldn't expect from a video player .

A number of formats I tried seem to quite clunky and did not play back as smoothly as I hoped . When introducing 4K, the problems got worse .

Alexander B.
IT in USA
Möbel, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

JW Player

Plays almost any video format you throw at it. Easy to use implementation tools. Very stable.

I have not come up against any cons yet.