Daily user of JWPlayer

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Bryan C.
Digital & Video Specialist
Verlagswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I think it does exactly what it is setup to do. Manage and host video.

Vorteile: It does what it's suppose to do, manage video and audio. They have made improvements on the analytics and that has been helpful.

Nachteile: I would like to see "podcast" functionality to the site. Wherein someone can download the podcast if they wanted to. Manage podcasting better. Video, they are desperate for an EASY way to add clickable functionality to the videos we upload. Right now it is cumbersome and awkward. It does not work very well. More "YouTube-like" when it comes to adding a clickable link to me, is a key component missing

My Experience On JW Player

Bewertet am 29.10.2019
Undergraduate Sstudent
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I am an undergraduate Engineering student and I used to watch movies, music videos and also listen to the music usually. So this JW player is the software I had chosen for that because it has many options to ease my settings as I wish and also it very eye favorable.

Vorteile: I am a music and film lover. So I used to watch movies all the time and also usually I used to listen to music and I am huge interested on watching music videos. So this JW Player helps me to watch movies, Music videos online as well as downloaded ones. It is very easy to handle and also the interface is very attractive and very eye favorable.

Nachteile: I am using this JW player for more than 2 years till now but I did not get any bad impression on this.

Player is awesome, platform can be pricing/limited

Bewertet am 20.9.2018
Operations Manager (i.e. too many hats for one title)

Kommentare: Great player, make sure you look around if you're not a company that's OK spending a lot of money on the platform if you choose to use JW platform.

Vorteile: They've come a long way, staying up-to-date with best practices, and we haven't had a problem with our videos for years now. Very stable and highly recommended.

Nachteile: They're player is great and would use it any day, their platform is fairly limited in storage and plays etc without paying high enterprise rates that every year we have to negotiate to keep it where we are, the prices seem to skyrocket.

Very good service, but price too high

Bewertet am 9.4.2019
System Engineer
Computer-Vernetzung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: JWPlayer is one of the best video streaming solution. You can upload a video and obtain it converted in many format in minutes.
The player is very simple to use, well supported on most browser in the market. Speed of network is good and the streaming occurs without interruption even with slow connections.
As a plus the Javascript API of the player is very well documented and you can do a lot of customization and automation. The price, in my opinion, is too high. I'm lucky that I've subscribed when it was costing a half, but the actual pricing model prevents its use in small and medium-sized projects.

Vorteile: Very intuitive interface
Javascript API well documented
Customization of web player
Network speed during video streaming

Nachteile: Space used is the sum of original video and all the versions (on different format/resolutions)
Price is very high, specially for small project
Limit on both bandwidth and number of plays

This was my video player of choice until recently

Joe H.
Partner
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I used JWPlayer for many years in our custom applications. From back in the Flash days and well into the HTML 5 craze, this player served us well. It's extremely robust and the API is better than any other player I've used which makes it a great choice for customization.

Nachteile: After buying a license several years ago, I find an email last month in my spam folder from Longtail informing me they would start charging me monthly. For what? They were not hosting my media files and I wasn't even using their CDN. I had a few other less than pleasant experiences with their support team so I finally decided to drop JWPlayer.

Promising

Amenda G.
writer

Vorteile: It is one of the fiercest competition to youtube integration on other websites out there and that's a fact I appreciate.

Nachteile: I do dislike that you're being limited quite a lot with it.
Also the fact that your link cannot be downloaded isn't so great.

Very easy to implement and customize

Bewertet am 19.9.2018
Search Manager
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's our video player of choice on one of our main websites, and it has proved to be flexible enough to do anything we need it to.

Vorteile: This may have been the easiest implementation of a tool I've ever experienced. Beyond that, it's so easy to use, you barely have to think about it after a while.

Nachteile: I honestly can't think of anything I don't like. We really haven't run into any problems at all.

Promising Player

Bewertet am 30.4.2019
Vivek R.
Business Development Executive

Vorteile: - Reliable player for contents from flash era to current HTML 5 era.
- Video analytics similar to YouTube analytics.
- Videos of a business are protected, and can be host in local servers.

Nachteile: - Price is on the high side.
- Does not play 4K content properly.

Jw player

Bewertet am 10.1.2019
Jefferson O.
Software analyst
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My experience with the jw player is nice due to the fact that its easy to edit media files the way i want

Vorteile: I like the fact that the software was designed to play all types of media files

Nachteile: The design is poorly done which makes it less attractive

JW Player does not work correctly for the international audience

Bewertet am 31.3.2019
Mobeen S.
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In 2016 we signed with JW Player for medical education videos. Our clients were international. JW Player will not load for the majority of them. Just a buffering sign will stay on the screen. Students will purchase the product, not able to watch they will ask for a refund. We had a small team, we will work the whole day long with the customers and JW Player's support to individually figure out the issues. Finally a few months into the service, we canceled the service. I had asked their salesperson before signing the contract if we could cancel if the service did not work. He had said that he doesn't think that JW Player will come after me if I canceled. On top of this, we were given API bills for the API integrations that never happened. After incurring thousands of dollars of customer refunds and unhappy customers we decided to move on from JW Player. We moved to another company and never had the player issues. Three years later, JW Player has surfaced again. Threatening to report us to credit and asking for the $2800 for which we never received any service neither did we receive integration. Even their support team members told us that they understood that our international customers are having a bad time and it makes sense for us to move on. Not only we had terrible service, we had brand damage, unhappy customers, loss of the payments we made to JW Player and now they want more money for the remaining months in the year.

Vorteile: Great support. (They need it though, considering the bad product.)

Nachteile: They will get you in a year long contract. Product will not work for the international customers. You will have to refund, support, and have your support team be consumed with JW Player issues all the time. However, JW Player will continue to bill you with their less than ethical pricing and billing behavior.

JW Player is the best in its class, but is it good enough?

Bewertet am 11.2.2018
Web Designer/Journalist

Vorteile: JW is the #1 solution for most companies who make it a priority to host videos on their own servers. Users can track the video's analytics, similar to the YouTube analytics page, as well as customize the video players.

Nachteile: However, there are some negatives. The website is sometimes hard to navigate, given the wealth of features. Also, you have to take into account the costs that come with having a feature-rich account. You have to wonder, is hosting your own videos with custom video players really worth the cost of using JW Player?

jw player

Bewertet am 8.1.2019
self employed
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: generally it reduces the damage of your content like videos being taken without your permission

Vorteile: it is a great software especially if you want to protect you content online like videos from unauthorized downloads it makes it more difficult for people to take content on your blog without your permission

Nachteile: however it does not completely secure your content there can still be unauthorized downloads if people use some other tools on your site

Easy to deploy web player

Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Information Systems Technitian
Möbel, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use this to play some instructional videos on our webpage for FAQ questions.

Vorteile: It's pretty easy to deploy JW Player and it runs many video formats.

Nachteile: From the user perspective, there are some "skins" that are not so clean but this is easy changed.

Easy to use and implement Video Player for websites

Bewertet am 6.6.2018
Brandon S.
Director of Mobile Solutions.
501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: JwPlayer always stays up to date with the newest technologies including, streaming of videos and different codecs. Makes it easy to implement multimedia playback on websites and mobile apps.

Nachteile: Sometimes it can be a little difficult to setup advanced features with JWPlayer. Hopefully, they will come out with a standard for DRM protection of videos.

Good

Bewertet am 21.3.2019
Thuvi S.
Bankwesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It has clear view of a hd videos and easy to use

Nachteile: It has clear view of a hd videos and easy to use

video player for your site

Bewertet am 8.12.2018
Danish S.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Its nice flash video player for your own site or blog. Customizable and and also have free version which is good.

Nachteile: Can be more customizable. Paid version is expensive. Need more improvements. Customer support can be better

A really great video software

Bewertet am 8.2.2017
Kasey B.

Kommentare: I've used by friends copy once and it was really outstanding, I would consider buying if I did more video work, but this is the real deal with massive amounts of content editing features! You should really try it, its worth your time

I have used this project for playing Hi-Rezsfootage for my clients .

Bewertet am 7.6.2017
Adam M.

Vorteile: It was easy to download and has a logical interface and a lot of additional features that I wouldn't expect from a video player .

Nachteile: A number of formats I tried seem to quite clunky and did not play back as smoothly as I hoped . When introducing 4K, the problems got worse .

JW Player

Bewertet am 5.3.2019
Alexander B.
IT
Möbel, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Plays almost any video format you throw at it.
Easy to use implementation tools.
Very stable.

Nachteile: I have not come up against any cons yet.

Works good for simple videos.

Bewertet am 24.1.2019
Tom B.
Owner TJB VIDEO Productions
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Was easy to setup and use as my 1st player years ago.

Nachteile: No real problems experienced at the time of use.
Have not tried in recent years.

Delivers Much Less Than Advertised

Bewertet am 8.9.2018
Presley M.
Media Manager
Unterhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This promotion was misleading. It's 50 videos* or 25GB of files, whichever comes first. ALSO, JW uses your tiny storage to store your video and other data JW uses in order to function. So if you have 2 videos that are 2GB each, you'll be using up almost 8GB of your storage. Worst part is I've reached out for support twice and haven't heard back. Wishing I had gone with Vimeo or IBM or anyone but JWPlayer.

Vorteile: The price seemed to be the only thing JWPlayer had going for it. For 60/year I could host 50 videos*.

Nachteile: Storage caps at 50 videos or 25GB.
A 2 GB video takes up almost 4GB of storage for some reason.
Zero customer support.

Extremely good

Bewertet am 12.8.2019
Engineer
Tiefbau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This player is the one of outstanding player that i ever had. Pretty features. Easy to use and also high quality application. There are many features have to entertainment your feeling . Great job.

Nachteile: Nothing to say about least things in this application.

A very happy JW Player customer thus far

Marketing Manager
Verlagswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: JW Player has provided everything we were looking for in a vendor and has filled the gap for our video hosting solution. It's very easy to upload and embed a video using their system.