Square Point of Sale Erfahrungen

Über Square Point of Sale

Square POS ist eine vollständige Point-of-Sale-Lösung mit einer Reihe von Tools für die Verfolgung von Verkäufen und Inventar bis hin zu umfangreichen Analysen.

Erfahre mehr über Square Point of Sale

The cost was great for me to start out. It was very easy to train staff on the system as well.

It was a little confusing to get started because we were using a mobile device.

Bewertungen zu Square Point of Sale

Square Point of Sale hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 2.894 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Square Point of Sale bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (2.894)

Mohammad
IT Systemkaufmann in Deutschland
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Square Point of Sale ohne Funktion

Kommentare: Ich hoffe, dass Square Point of Sale Ihr Prdukt verbessern (Entwicklung und Zahlungsprozesse) und danach wieder an alles freischalten.

Enthält richtig viele und gute Funktionen und Futures aber sie funktionieren nicht 100%. Diese Funktionen müssen komplett neu entwickelt und sicher werden, dass diese Funktionen richtig funktionieren bevor sie diese Produkte an der Kunde abgeben

Ich habe mehere mal versucht etwas online zu bezahlen, aber die Prozess hat immer fehlgeschlagen. Funktionen und Tools hängen immer ab.

Dan
Dan
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Square D Point of Safe Review

Kommentare: Ease of installation: Many Square D products are designed to be easy to install, even for those with limited electrical experience. This can save time and money on installation costs.

Square D is a brand of electrical equipment, including circuit breakers, switchgear, and other electrical components. Some of the features that are commonly cited as benefits of Square D products include: Reliability: Square D products are known for their durability and reliability. This can be especially important in critical applications such as hospitals, factories, and power plants, where equipment failure can have serious consequences. Safety: Square D products are designed with safety in mind and are tested to meet strict safety standards. This can help protect workers and building occupants from electrical hazards. Compatibility: Square D products are compatible with a wide range of electrical systems and devices, making them a flexible choice for many different types of applications. Energy efficiency: Some Square D products are designed to be energy efficient, which can help reduce energy costs and reduce the environmental impact of electrical systems. Customer support: Square D has a reputation for providing excellent customer support, including technical assistance and training for its products. This can be especially helpful for customers who have questions or need support with their electrical systems.

In general, some potential downsides or limitations of Square D products may include: Cost: Square D products may be more expensive than some other brands, especially if you're looking for budget-priced options. Compatibility: Square D products may not be compatible with certain types of equipment or systems, depending on the specific requirements of your application. Availability: Square D products may not be as widely available as other brands, especially if you're looking for specialized or hard-to-find components. Warranty: Square D products may come with limited warranties, which may not cover certain types of damages or defects.

Dawn
Manager in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I really like square and don't have any interest in switching card processors

Square is very user friendly and simple to use. The fees for square are high per use than many other merchant devices but there are no other monthly/maintenance hidden fees so overall they tend to be cheaper especially for small businesses unless you're running several thousand dollars/month in credit cards

Customer receipts don't list custom items

Vladislav
Owner in Frankreich
Luxusgüter & Schmuck, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I don’t recommend it, I’d rather go to other companies

They simply block buyers’ payments and say that they stole these cards, but the buyers are my regular customers, they bought from me hundreds of times using the same card

Carolyn
Owner, President in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Square is easy to deploy, and makes POS a breeze.

Kommentare: I am happy with Square POS. And I recommend it for any mobile consumer services company. Ease of use, set up and customer service is great!

Easy set up. The set up tools were not distracting, had a way to see where you are in the process, so you don't miss anything. Ease of deployment. My employees are of varying ages and tech experience. This product was easy to teach to my users. Clients know the name Square. They trust their information is secure. They are also impressed with the NPC ability to tap to pay with our phones.

The readers may not be necessary. I thought at the time of setup that I needed 5 readers, so I could have saved myself an initial investment. We are a fully mobile company, so our POS is on our phones. The NPC capability makes the (occasionally glitchy) readers obsolete.

Amy
Business Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Square ease of use

Kommentare: Overall Square has been one of my favorite POS systems to use - its easy to use, transactions are quick and they take all forms of payment.

Square POS is by far one of the easiest forms of registers out there for use with both cash and credit card transactions. Transaction time is also very quick which allows customers to move though lines fast and with ease.

Sometimes finding the "correct" report for accounting/transaction purposes is difficult. There are many reports to choose from and at times it gets overwhelming to find the report that will give you the information needed for your accounting data transfer

Nathalie
Konsumgüter, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Can't Go A Day Without Square!

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Square has been a Godsend for me and I highly recommend it to any small business owner!

I can run my business from anywhere knowing that credit and debit card payments will not slow me down.

I don't have any complaints about Square. They even sent me my credit/debit card reader for free!

AE in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Square - DR

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: great, easy to use and have been using Square for over 8 years

easy to use, can use with iPad as well, great for tradeshows when we promote our business and sell products

the fees can be a little high, no other complaints at this time

Robert
Owner operator in USA
Konsumgüter, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Makes payments simple

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Getting paid for a product has never been so simple

We have zero complaints on this program it has always worked great for us

Dustin
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, Selbstständig

Good product

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Very easy to set up, and use. Makes things much easier for my customers.

Be careful about taking offline payments. You, too, could lose THOUSANDS of dollars and not get help from them to rectify.

Gretchen
Co Owner in USA

Try Square!

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I have had a wonderful experience with square point of sale and I would recommend it to anyone that wants to use an easy and inexpensive payment processing system.

I like the ease of use and that it works instantly for processing payments

Can take a while to hear back from customer service if you ever have an issue

Bill
owner in USA

Good Day, Bad Day

Kommentare: I’m a bit sad. For 6 years I have been using “Shopkeep” as my point of sale software provider. This is my cash register, and where I enter my inventory descriptions, quantities, prices, customer data and pretty much everything about my business. My sales histories, credit card transactions and, most importantly, 6 years of sales and customer info is stored on a distant Shopkeep cloud…. I think?
Six years ago I recall sitting at my kitchen bar and doing endless Google searches and reading endless reviews about the many POS providers and finally narrowing it down to two or three. I absolutely wanted cloud-based with IPad terminals and a small footprint. After doing a few online demos, I chose Shopkeep. And now, six years later, this lukewarm POS marriage with counseling, a lot of arguments and the threat of separation… I started chatting with “Square”. Yep, Square is the biggest cloud-based, IPad POS provider in the country. I am not a sheep, and I hate going with the Walgreens or WalMart of POS systems, but after six years of Shopkeep, I think I finally know what I really want. And for fear of sounding too techie or like a spouse coming out of a bad relationship, I’ll just say, one of the many advantages of being a billion dollar company is you can hire the best developers and programmers money can buy. So, need I say more. It is a wonderful product and no one is even close as to how it operates.

It operates just like your mind works. It is so logical. It was so simple to upload my inventory and customer data.

No option for another color system. The white color sticks out like a sore thumb. Otherwise, I would say they nailed it.

Zephyr
Entrepreneur in USA
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great features but not the most reliable

Kommentare: Square has amazing features and is easy to use. It's also great to take on the go. I would have given it 5 stars if it weren't for the issues with buffering and transactions not going through. Because of these issues, Square was too unreliable for me.

Square was really easy to set up and use. It has a lot of great features like analytics, sales reports, manual credit card entry, and more. It's also really easy to set up and edit your menu. The fees that Square takes on credit card payments are not high and are very reasonable. Square is also excellent for on-the-go sales and is very portable. It's easy to take to different venues and events.

I encountered a lot of problems with Square. I was mainly using it to sell goods at my local farmer's market. Often after swiping a customer's credit card Square would be stuck with the loading symbol and the transaction would never go through. There were many times I had to shut down the app and reopen and ask the customer to swipe again with another credit card. There have been times where the customer was charged twice and times where the customer was never charged at all! It was very disappointing encountering these setbacks while I have a limited time to sell at the farmer's market. There were also times where it appeared that the sale went through and then later after checking my sales reports I could see that several transactions were missing and I was never paid. I also tried Square on multiple devices but the problems persisted.

Jeffson
Manager in Nigeria
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

For a POS system it works as should

Kommentare: My overall experience with this platform is good, I only wish they requested business verification first before approving me to use them as a payment processor but if you have all their needed criteria you’re definitely good to go, there service is quite seamless

The setup was quite easy, they don’t take up to 7days to process your money so thats a plus, the interface is straight forward. They support various card types for debiting

You can’t contact them via live support chatYou will be asked to verify your business once a large amount of money is processed through their payment gateway and if you don’t meet all their criteria the money will be held for 120days before release

Cortland
Student in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Square Point Is On Point

Kommentare: My overall experience with Square Point Of Sale is that it’s given me the smoothest online and electronic payments possible and they take a small percentage of everything transferred in and out.

I like the easiness of processing transactions on this software! Takes away 90% of my businesses financial headaches.

I don’t have any cons in regards to Square Point Of Sale because any and everything I need the app to do, it does!

Matthew
Director of Finance in Kanada
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy as it gets

Kommentare: The overall experience has been wonderful. It is an extremely easy to use product which makes rolling it out across the country quick and simple.

My favorite part of Square is the ease of it all. It was easy to set up, it is easy to use and it is easy to integrate. This makes life so much easier when you have locations all across the country.

We only use Square for payment processing. It is a little more expensive than some of the other solutions if that is all you are using.

Paul
eCommerce & IT Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Square Point of Sale is Reliable and Easy to Use, But Beware

Kommentare: Our overall experience with Square POS was either one extreme or the other. We were reasonably happy customers for four years, minimal complaints, and then dumped on our butts without warning. Three years earlier we were contacted by Square POS and asked to remove glass product from our POS, and we complied, so I'm honestly not sure why, years later, as loyal customers we weren't even given the courtesy of a phone call or email explaining what the issue actually was.

Our setup was Square POS for the brick & mortar piece of our store, then we had another software acting as our master of inventory between our store, and website, which was hosted on a different, more robust ecommerce platform than Square. I feel it's fair to say that Square kept its promise in terms of its uptime, and ease of use. We rarely had issue with Square POS being down, though it did happen for a few hours here and there, but again, well within their uptime promise.

What did I like least about Square POS? That would be the time Square, with zero notice, pulled the plug on our store and website as a credit card processor, leaving us without any modern way to process payments. Customer service IS part of the deal, right? Well, when I contacted Square about this, I was not given a reason, or the ability to appeal the decision. I was simply told to move on to a different solution, and no further information would be provided.

Juan
CTO in Spanien
Restaurants, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Really good solution, payments and backoffice

Kommentare: The overall experience is very good. I manage moe than 8 locations with bothe in person and online sales easily from the same dashboard.
Things just work.

That it is an all-in-one solution. It covers your whole business (with some caveats) but if you have a retails store it's all that you need. For restaurants they're missing some features, but working on them.

That you can clearly tell it's built for retail. If you're a restaurant user some things don't work out. Also the online store, they need to put that thing on a diet.

Tessa
Tattoo Artist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A must-have, but high fees.

Kommentare: I use Square daily on the job. The tattoo shop I work in doesn’t have an in-house ATM so being able to take digital and card payments is a must! Square’s payment processing is a bit expensive but the payoff is fairly worth it in my opinion.

Square makes taking card and digital payments extremely easy and simple. It’s quick and convenient for both me and my clients. I also don’t have to purchase a POS unit as the small free card reader that plugs into my phone is all I need.

The fees for this processor are quite hefty. While square’s fees aren’t hidden by any means, and are average for payment processing fees, I really wish there was a simpler, flat-rate monthly fee option that could save me money without taking 2.6% + 6¢ out of each of my sales. Or at least, with what I’m paying in fees, I really should not have to pay extra for other features like email/text marketing through Square.

Joseph
Joseph
Verlagswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Own a business? You NEED this product!

Kommentare: If you're a business owner and you sell products or services, especially if you have multiple sites and/or have a mobile sales force, this product is a must. The access is easy, the interface is friendly, and the payment system is quick.

EASY to set up and use! In short time, we were able to set up our entire library online and make it simple to purchase and sell products. Once set up, everything is available to every member of team, so that one of our book sellers in California has access to the same products as a book seller in Michigan the moment the product is placed online. I also love that we can easily create multiple price points for products and can easily access them from the apps on various mobile devices, desktops etc... The percentages paid to Square are as small as any other you will find, and they deposit funds into your bank account within 24-hours, with same-day options available for an extra, nominal fee. The no hassle, ease-of-deposit, process is a MUST for our small business. Customer service has been off the charts good, and every small issue has been resolved quickly. I also love that so many web sites integrate with Square so that we can maintain one payment portal for 99% of what we do. The technology (swipe devices, Point of Sale stands, card tappers/reader...work flawlessly with each and every device we've thrown at them (iPhones, iPads, Android, laptop...) and they look good, too.

Honestly, there is little to NOT like about this system. I've tried several others and since switching to Square 5 years ago, I've never looked back.

Molly
Salon Owner / Esthetician in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Square - Pros and Cons

Kommentare: My overall experience with Square as a Point of Sale is mostly positive. We have transitioned our appointments and reports away from Square due to the lack of reports and really only use this POS for online transactions or if we were to do an event outside of our Brick and Mortor. I think this is a positive system that can and does benefit many businesses. For ours we needed more detailed and extensive reports and better transaction fees for our day to day transactions with our customers.

I loved that Square was so easy to start up and operate immediately. It literally takes minutes to set up and the hardware once it is sent to you is the simplest set up. I think the biggest appeal to Square is that it is fool proof and anyone can get this POS to work for them. The second biggest YES for this product is that it is super easy to take with you to offer card payment options to clients while you are outside of your brick and motor. I think offline payments and the option to take payments on their app through the mobile card swiper is a huge selling point to Square customers.

I feel the cost of the transaction to the business owner is quite high when compared to other companies. They have one of the highest if not the highest transaction costs. Some owners will charge this back to their customers via a fee (which is illegal in some states) and others could just cushion this cost of doing business into their service prices but it is worth mentioning that it is something not so great about Square. The other not awesome part of Square is the reports. They are very mundane and not very extensive. It is quite clear that Square is a POS system that offers payment transactions first and later on enable the appointments and the reports. I hope to see much improvement with those back-end functions in the near future. It is imperative to a business owner to know what the health of the company looks like at any given moment and transactions is not even close to the only report necessary.

Khalid
Khalid
content writer in Indien
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

NO.1 FREE POS - Square POS | Best for online payment processing and invoice management

Kommentare: My overall experience with app/software/SAAS can be summed in the follwing points: A. The given app/software/SAAS has been solving the following business problems :
- multiple payment processings
- invoice creation
-mobile app payments
- attract more customers
- revenue generation
B. i have been able to realize the following benefits with the help of the given app/software/SAAS :
- bring the payment systems to online
- making offline business transform into online business
- allows customers to pay using either credit or debit or mobile payments with and without contact
- helped build trusted business brand and brand reputation among customers
-easy to setup all functionalities at affordable fees

i found the following features as most impactful: - lightweight, quick payment processing and mobile - best sales database management - builds consumer confidence with its ease of use and real-time payment updates. - affordable & reliable - phone app allows payments at all locations. Yes the product is quite easy to use for: - payments -invoicing with customers full details -mobile payments - pulling sales reports - contactless payments Yes i was successfully able to implement the integration of the app/software/SAAS with my existing business processes quite smoothly and easily as i could set it up with a little self-help, effort, and online training guides..

I found the following features that were either missing or could be improved: - difficulty in card reading for payments and chip card reading - could be made in other dark colors instead of WHITE - features to make payments by consumers using heir online square account - fees could be reduced further, - better connectivity and tutorials to use needed I found the following features or aspects of the product that are difficult to use: - freelancers do not get more options - complex to understand the POS platform - manual entry of chargeable dollar amounts - non-availability of phone support - difficult to customize No, the integration of the app/software/SAAS with my existing business processes not so much difficult as i could set it up with a little self-help, effort, and online training guides.

Kristine
Executive Director
Museen & Institutionen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

After research, seemed like best choice on a small nonprofit's limited budget.

Kommentare: Our previous credit card processor charged us PCI compliance fee but didn't help us with our compliance issues. They were happy to charge an additional price. PCI noncompliance fee for more than a year. Switching our four physical locations and website to Square resolved those issues and saved those fees. Square Retail would no doubt help us more with inventory management, but we can't afford the extra monthly cost for the multiple locations. Software Advice and other review sites were very helpful in sorting through the hundreds of options and convincing our board that we could afford to make the switch to Square to help staff reduce time spent to manage both sales and inventory.

Fairly intuitive and forgiving (can back out of most screens if not sure where to find function you're looking for). Sales and national park visitor center staff really like the system, and have had little difficulty learning it. We have it set up with wi-fi on AT&T U-Verse and satellite internet and on a Verizon wireless-enabled iPad. Offline mode has worked during power interruptions and automatically uploaded sales when back online. Customer support has generally been top notch. Support Center has good information and comments from the Square community, though it can be a challenge to find the answer without fairly extensive searching. The Square stands, compatible printers, and cash drawers were easy to hook up and work well together. Straightforward pricing. Ability to accept multiple forms of payment with the Square chip reader and Virtual Terminal.

Would be extremely helpful to have searchable, downloadable start-up and user guides instead of having to cut and paste from web pages, which doesn't work well. We had to make a lot of phone calls to tech support during initial set-up, particularly for uploading inventory, because we couldn't find instructions online. Very time-consuming and tricky to upload inventory spreadsheet files that include multiple locations. After all the effort to upload, it appears that each item still has to have inventory tracking enabled manually. We assumed that's why we were entering all the inventory numbers into the spreadsheet. Moving inventory from one location to another also must be done manually. With desktop version of QuickBooks for Mac, Square's daily subtraction of fees for each location's sales vs. all fees charged once monthly by our previous processor has more than quadrupled the time needed to enter sales reports. Switching to cloud version of QuickBooks may help, as transactions can supposedly be downloaded to it. Had to purchase a third-party module to integrate our website's Magento Community ecommerce software with Square, but integration is very incomplete (total charge only is transferred to Square, not items sold, merchandise subtotal, member discount, or shipping charges). We accidentally entered some Virtual Terminal transactions with the wrong location selected and couldn't transfer them to the correct location. Tech support verified that the only option would have been to refund each transaction from the incorrect location and reenter them in the correct one. We bought a recommended scanner but found that we would have to manually replace our existing PLUs with very long barcode numbers for each item to use it.

Kristine
Executive Director in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Not perfect, but a big improvement!

Sales staff really like it compared to cash register and credit card terminal (or old-fashioned knuckle-buster imprinter for our remote locations). Predictable fees, which have been lower than for our previous traditional credit card processors, especially for in-person purchases and for American Express. No monthly fees or PCI compliance issues. Square Community is a helpful resource. Dashboard with a variety of reports works pretty well, and it's handy to be able to generate sales reports or search for individual transactions quickly.

Lack of good integration with Magento Community web software (only bottom line charge comes through). No ability to easily transfer inventory from one location to another. Problem with cash total on drawer report not matching sales report. Usually cash drawer is correct, which means sales are not recorded properly. This problem has existed since at least August 2016, while their engineers work on it. This lowest cost version of Square probably gets less attention than their monthly subscription products. Daily subtraction of processing fees creates a lot more work in QuickBooks than traditional credit card processors charging fees monthly. Customer support has been hit or miss. We've been misled a couple times. After uploading a file with inventory quantities for each product at each location, which took a lot of time to create, we discovered that inventory didn't start counting down with each sale unless we activated that feature on each product individually. That makes no sense. Searching for sales of individual items can be quite slow because it starts loading ALL items before giving a chance to choose.

Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A cheap, easy, & convenient CC processing alternative.

Kommentare: We take all of our credit/debit card payments through Square, as well as Apple Pay, Android Pay & Samsung Pay. The ability for a customer to pay, sign, and get a receipt e-mailed to their phone while they are still standing in front of me brings a nice sense of trust and completion to each sale.

It is free to set up and implement initially. Square will even send free card processors (they're the cheap ones that let you take a card payment from your phone/tablet, but it will let you start swiping cards immediately). They help keep track of your sales/accounting for non-card payments, too, as long as you enter in the sales data for them. Additionally, the ability to edit & customize withdrawal options is very helpful. I can get funds deposited on a schedule or whenever I choose to (even instantly, although this incurs an additional 1% fee). It is much cheaper and more convenient than a standard CC payment processor, so anyone with a small or mobile business would be wise to check this out.

The customer service is a bit lacking. I've never had a real issue with them that didn't resolve itself pretty quickly, but there's been one or two times where I have an issue and get what appears to be an automated response about it. Not a big deal, but when you Google it, on the Square help forums, this kind of response seems to be the norm for most questions/concerns. Fortunately, their system is pretty self-explanatory, that additional personalized help isn't usually needed.