Über PowerSchool SIS

PowerSchool spielt eine zentrale Rolle in der K12-Bildung und hilft dabei, Schulprozesse und Studentendaten effektiv zu verwalten.

Erfahre mehr über PowerSchool SIS

I love that it’s easy to navigate, even with voice app for visual impaired parents that find it almost impossible to follow along.

Bewertungen zu PowerSchool SIS

4,0

PowerSchool SIS hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 132 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du PowerSchool SIS bereits verwendet?

Aaron L.
Aaron L.

PowerSchool Helps Schools Stay Organized

Kommentare: PowerSchool Student Information System had been a great tool overall. Tech-inclined teachers will find ways to make it work for them and save time will special features. Other teachers will find the layout easy to navigate and use with just a little bit of training. They are also regularly pushing out new features, so that is nice to see as well.

PowerSchool is an easy to use system. I have used it for over 3 years, but I felt comfortable with it after just a few days. The things you will use it for every day as a teacher (attendance and lunch count) are right there on the front page and easy to use. I can enter my attendance and lunch counts in probably about 20 seconds. The grading part is also easy to use. You can fill in grades and comments for all students as a timesaver. The fill comment can even be used to add each students individual name...which is a nice feature.

When the report cards print, they have a fairly basic set up. This might be something that is adjustable at the district level. I have seen other report cards look a little more professional- adding things like a school image.

Ed F.
teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Good but too much for us

Kommentare: It was good working with PowerSchool, but we switched to an easier format and one that we could alter to fit our needs.

Plenty of applications to use with our school.

Too difficult to work for our small school. All the options just got in the way and caused confusion.

Shazia F.
Biology Teacher, Co-ordinator in Indien
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

PowerSchool is the most powerful SIS in the market that will help save both your storage and time

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: We have been using PowerSchool SIS in our school since 3 years as a solution to the COVID pandemic. To be honest, we had a learning curve in the beginning. However, the tutorials and demos made it easier for us. It has been an all-rounder for us as it has helped both our school and the parents to manage data, save storage and keep track of students.

PowerSchool SIS has been an easy and intuitive tool for us to manage different types of data and records securely and seamlessly. It is an all-in-one tool for data management and is very fundamental for the functioning of our school. Its wide range of features including attendance, customizability, easy user interface, different student and parent platforms, enhanced parental control, remote mobile application, grading, fees management, and a lot more has helped us in keeping paperless records and reducing work. Lastly, it has various integration options i.e. PowerPack, PowerSchool Ecollect forms, PowerSchool enrollment that we use in our institute to save time as well as resources.

Theirs nothing much that I dislike about PowerSchool SIS. Although, the user interface can be improved as use of more modern elements would give a better look and it would be easier to navigate. Rest everything is perfect.

Audrey Y.

Least intuitive Student Information System I have used in 12 years of teaching

Kommentare: It is counter-intuitive. Please study other models before rolling out the next version.

I like that it updates the students every time I input a grade (after I hit "save"). That is motivational for students.

Please note that the cons that exist here are features that exist in almost every other SIS that I have used in my experience and prevent me from using this efficiently. Not in order: 1) I cannot toggle between the first quarter, second quarter, and semester exam. The semester exam is not even there. 2) If I want to input the same grade for an assignment for all students, there isn't a code where I can fill down or copy a score from one student to the rest. 3) The assignments automatically default to percent-based, so if I put a 10 out of 10, it comes out as 10%, and I have to remember to select "points" instead of percent. 4) If multiple classes have the exact same assignment but a different point-amount or dates, I cannot change particular features of that assignment for that class, once the assignment is created. 5) There is no symbol that calculates as a 0 but is a notification for absentees. Instead, they see the 0 (even if I have the green absentee symbol next to it), and automatically think, "That's it." It demotivates students, even if I repeatedly remind them they can make it up if they were absent. Other programs use "Z" for this feature. 6) I cannot press tab between columns. 7) The bar on the right with the number pad, student information, etc., that appears when inputting grades, takes up too much room, especially if I am splitting my screen between PowerSchool and a spreadsheet. Those are the top cons, but there are more.

Jennifer L.

Powerschool

Kommentare: Powerschool has been a great help to manage my kids education

I love that I can access my cchildrens grades and assignments anytime I want. I can see what class they are in also.

The grades are seldom up to date so some assignments are shown not graded when they actually are.

Robert C.
IS&T Director in USA

PowerSchool

Kommentare: We are on our second year, and it seems to be working well. The roll-over and reporting for state are handled very nicely.

This is a very user-friendly Student Information System for schools. The reporting features are great, and special education modules are better than most. They have a great content library as well.

I did not like the training sessions, and the pricing for these. These are additional expenses, and these sessions are purchased as training hour bundles. They do not roll over each year if they are not used.

Alison W.
Alison W.
PowerSchool Administrator in USA
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Student-based SIS, great usability, easy to learn, rigid yet pliable, modifiable.

PowerSchool SIS is a great student-based SIS. It is easy to use, and easy to modify to what you need it to be. I like that we are able to modify and customize pages, it has made it easy for us to streamline the product to use for re-enrollment, pre-registration, and keeping up-to-date on student information. It has allowed us to bridge the gap between when PowerSchool did not yet have partner products and today where it has plenty of partners and other tools available, however, due to the customization we are able to do without many of the paid additions. I like that the software was also, easily learnable. I took over the role as PS Admin from a true tech genius, and was able to learn the software within a year, and make it my own within two while also teaching and working IT. I only had to consult a small handful of times for issues that even left them scratching their head, which is very reassuring.

While PowerSchool SIS is a great system, there are some areas that could use some help. There are plenty of times and locations where you will see the message "Cannot be undone." or "Submit only if you know what you are doing and it is absolutely necessary" or something to that effect, however, there are other areas where it is just as dangerous and nonreversible that lack any warning. We had a user delete three years worth of student grade records by hitting the return key in USM rather than hitting the button to modify. It went with the delete command, which is right next to modify (I would personally prefer them on opposite sides of the screen where I cannot personally mess that one up), but it also deleted without the checkbox to verify the delete command being checked. I also hate that as the scheduler (I do it all), I have to schedule twice essentially due to co-teaching, once to build the framework with the lead teacher in PowerScheduler, and again on the live-side to add co-teachers. Additionally, since this is a student-based SIS, there are some limitations for parents and families. There are a lot of times that we need to manually move data with families, the parent account setup, at least according to the parents, could be easier.

Angela V.
Angela V.
Campus Lead and Data Specialist in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Challenging for Non-Traditional Schools

Kommentare: PowerSchool meets most of our needs. Because it is the same system used by our district it simplifies the process of transferring learners between other schools in our district and our school.

We are able to easily share data with the district who authorizes our charter school because we are in the same software. We can collect student demographics, contact information, grades, attendance, transfer information, and cumulative information all in one location. Through PowerTeacher we are able to combine the gradebook with the SIS. Once I became familiar with the field names I can easily get filtered lists of students. I can also pull simple Excel lists of specific fields. Parents and students are also able to login and see information about attendance, assignments, and grades.

I have found it very difficult to find any written information about the basic structure of the database. I struggled to find the specific reports I need and often have to "made do" with something that is close to what I'm looking for. As a charter school we are required to begin tracking data on students as soon as they apply to our school. We are not able to use PowerSchool for student records until they have been accepted so we have to use a separate database and then enter them into PowerSchool.

Peter C.
Peter C.
President in USA

Standard of SIS

Kommentare: Works for everything we need. However, since it is so integral, we can't look to new technology (like cloud based computing) because it doesn't work with PS.

The program is easy to use and works across many different platforms and plugins. Overall, works for our school's specific need.

PowerSchool has been promising that they will have a version of their gradebook that works on chromebooks, which has not been delivered as of yet.

Andrew K.
Andrew K.
Occasional Teacher in Kanada
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Does what you need it to do.

From a teacher's point of view, it does exactly what I need. It allows me to easily take attendance, and allows my supply teachers to do the same.

This isn't necessarily a knock on the software, but I wish I had more control over reporting. This is probably something that is locked at the administrative level, and not a developer issue.

Susan B.
Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

PowerSchool SIS

Kommentare: PowerSchool Pro takes some getting used to and many of its features have been discovered by "word of mouth" from fellow teachers. They have increased their server capacity so the program is now fast and reliable. The only caveat is, if you are a mere teacher, there is NO way to ever find out beforehand if the software will suddenly be unavailable to you, and then it could be days before it comes back. So File Save your data, and Save often!

Powerschool Pro bundles grades and attendance into one program. We can change our attendance up to midnight, which is a real benefit in this new Virtual environment. PowerSchool has built-in graphical seating chart (click and drag) that can be printed - amazing feature! We can do attendance from the seating charge grid - a huge timesaver! When taking attendance, we can set the timeframe into the past, and get a great visual feel for students that have been missing excessive classes, for example. Clicking on Student View, I can see all their demographic info in one place, or all their grades and attendance for all classes. So helpful when making that Parent Call to know if the child is struggling in all of his classes, or just having trouble in my class. Gradebook is very robust - we are allowed to change the columns/view, for example, to accommodate the all the different screen sizes on our various devices we are using. Weighting grades is a click of a mouse, as are categories. Grades can be overridden, and re-calculated, at the click of a mouse. A fantastic feature of PowerSchool Pro is the ability to see a summary screen for the entire class by grading period (instead of individual grades). I can instantly identify students who made or missed their semester goal by 1 or2 points, for example, and then look at all their report cards to date to see what happened. I can easily see "low" or "high" classes and adjust my teaching style.

PowerSchool (the website) goes down periodically for maintenance, and there is NO way for a "mere teacher" to find out when it will come back up! If you are a teacher, you CANNOT contact PowerSchool directly - you must go through your "representative" who is (for my campus) NEVER available. Right now, yes, it is the holidays, but with NO NOTICE the program has been down for a week with NO IDEA of when it will ever come back up. I had made arrangements with some of my failing students over the Break, and so had other teachers. We are trying to find the student contact info and grade info that is all locked away in PowerSchool that we foolishly thought we would be able to access. With no luck. And we cannot even ASK when it might come back up. This happens regularly on Saturdays, Spring break - times when I am trying to catch up. I now keep my grades in an Excel spreadsheet so I can at least get at them. Teachers beware! Another weakness currently is the Attendance Audit - for our District it only goes back 2 weeks. In High School, students lose credit after 4 absences / semester and it would be nice to be able to quickly see who those students are from a report. Lastly, they have an Attendance feature that allows you to group separate classes into one session, but that feature is MISSING for grades. If your periods are coded as different Classes by your District, you will be forced to open, close, enter grades, repeat... over and over for each separate class.

Michael B.
Coordinator of Network and Technology Services in USA

PowerSchool - What I wish I still Had

Kommentare: PowerSchool is everything I want in a Student Management System. It has all the features you could dream for, and if not for a lack of top quality State Reporting, we should still be happily using it. If it wasn't a decision made over my head (unusual) we would still be using it. Almost daily I find another integration program that we want to be using, while we do something very painful. Today alone I had to write a custom export conversion to make our current (non-PowerSchool) exports work correctly with our other vendors. In PowerSchool, I could script this by design, with all the featureset imaginable. PowerSchool isn't necessarily super easy, but it's easier than most. Need a quick enrollment check? It's on the front screen. Need to see where a kid is, how they are doing, their attendance, it's on the Quick Lookup Screen. Why are they failing? Click the grade and see the gradebook assignments. It's just that easy.

PowerSchool was a fast, powerful student management system. The customizations were vast, and when properly trained, performed by indistrict staff. Custom Fields, Custom Reports, Custom Exports, Direct Database Exports and Imports. These are features that should be standard in many Student Information Systems, but unfortunately Not. PowerSchool also integrates very easily with a number of other applications. There is a built in export / import scheduler. There is an API, and many other features that take much time. The navigation system is superb, and the "selection" driver for searches and reports allows for vast customization and detail. We created custom reports for Honor Roll certifications, Perfect Attendance, and a number of very regular activities.

PowerSchool was behind the ball when it came to State Reports. It didn't keep up often, and many of the reporting fields required duplication in a separate area of the data just to populate. Sometimes a student's demographic record would say one thing, and the report tab would say another. Constant looking at Reporting Release notes was necessary to make sure things were working correctly. Many support calls were made to make sure state reporting was working appropriately. Also, not a normal problem, but PowerSchool didn't focus on it's relationships with at least our State well enough. Without good support to the State, and communication, it allowed a 3rd party to swoop in gobble up much of our reason. I am actually angry, because we don't have PowerSchool anymore.

Heidi S.
Computer Technician in USA
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

PowerSchool SIS

Kommentare: The PowerSchool experience has been positive. It is very convenient to have the functions we need in a school setting all in one place. It has made managing student information very efficient.

The capabilities and information that is available at your fingertips is extremely helpful. Very easy to pre-enroll and enroll students. We have account creation automated through PowerSchool, so when a student is enrolled, within 24 hours their school accounts are created, such as Active Directory, email, etc. This is very handy for our department. Some of the features available in PowerSchool are: information management, reporting, IEP tracking , admissions management, billing and payment, student information management, student portal, parent portal, registration and scheduling, gradebooks and transcripts to name a few. Having everything in one place has been convenient for our staff and students.

There are so many bells and whistles, sometimes it is hard to figure out how to complete a task. However their help menu is very helpful. We also have the privilege of having our ISD available for help.

Kristen D.
PowerSchool Administrator in USA

PowerSchool Pros and Cons

Kommentare: Most days, PS is great. Of course we have made a lot of customizations to our system to get the functionality we want. We are hosted by PowerSchool and actually getting to talk to someone in the hosting is darn near impossible which is frustrating!! As a hosted customer, I should have a tech assigned to MY school and have a direct line to talk to that person when server issues arise.

We purchased PowerSchool in 2011 and have used it since. PowerSchool is a robust and user-friendly SIS.

PowerSchool bought it's self out a few year back. Since that time, I have not been on board with the business model. We are small district and PowerSchool is a premium product. Since the purchase, they have begun acquiring 3rd party vendors instead of updating their software. They pick one preferred vendor and that vendor has full access integration to PS but you pay top dollar for that integration. As small as we are, we cannot afford to add everyone of these integrations just to have a "better" system that we are already paying top dollar for! This is my biggest issue with PS at the moment.

Ingemar D.
Academic Dean in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Wonderful Software that is Easy to Use!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: It is based of old 90's database software. The simplest procedures were difficult to accomplish. You had to hire outside firms to teach you how to set up classes, take attendance, and do tasks that should be simple and straight forward. Its one of those pieces of software that have been used by schools for so long that people are afraid to move away from it. Some people have entire jobs around maintaining it and explaining it to their staff. It is much easier to use pen and paper.

* Great Graphic Interface * Intuitive * Excellent online documentation (included in the software, as you use it) * No Extra Training * No Extra Fees * Excellent Customer Service * A Company that Cares

No. It really is everything that I was hoping for. I suppose it could still get better, but it's doing that anyway.

Computer tech in USA

Using PowerSchool since 2008

Kommentare: We love PowerSchool. This software has streamlined our school processes. Having all of our student information so readily available to us is definitely convenient. Some of our schools have even started to email report cards to parents. This has saved so much money in paper and mailing.

One of the best reasons to use PowerSchool is that this software is all encompassing for the school district. We use this software for attendance, grades, teacher grade book, reports, state reporting, and even to manage our lunch program and student fees. PowerSchool keeps parents and students informed. Parents (and students) have real-time access to their student's information which includes but is not limited to attendance, grades, and lunch balances.

In the "Old" days, Pearson used to download the state reporting updates automatically overnight for us. Now, I have to go to the PowerSource site to get the download and install the updates myself, which is time consuming and causes me to take PowerSchool offline during the work day.

Instructional Technology Facilitator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great SIS!

Kommentare: Easy to use, exceptional features, up-to-date, etc... I'm a big fan of PowerSchool as a SIS!

Here are the pros I see with PowerSchool as an administrator: - Easy-to-use for newcomers - Tons of potential and features - They really do have incredible customer support. They offer a site where you can make suggestions, and upvote other ideas. They do release those features commonly, too. - It's a one-stop-shop for almost every SIS need

Due to some major recent updates with the platform (specifically gradebook becoming web-based, called PowerTeacher Pro), I do not have any major complaints regarding it. I cannot speak to the programming side, but in my role as a troubleshooter for teachers, I find it very easy to use. I have noticed and heard that it doesn't always react/respond well across different OS. Due to the fact that it is web-based, this could be problematic if the internet was down.

Lisa P.
Instructional Coach in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Powerschool SIS is a powerhouse of information

Kommentare: Overall, I find the Powerschool SIS to be beneficial and supports productivity. I can access everything I need in one location in an easy to use format with tutorials and online support readily available.

What I like best about Powerschool is that all of the information that is pertinent to my job is housed in one location that I can easily access from any location; this being even more important working remotely during the quarantine. I could access everything I needed from student information to professional training and resources. No clicking in and out of program is necessary .

The only frustrating aspect of Powerschool seemed to be the timing of the updates. They always seemed to coincide with interim and the end of a grading period time frame not allowing for last minute adjustments to be made on students progress when assignments are submitted late or last minute.

Amanda M.
Amanda M.

Fantastic product

This is a simple platform that I, as a teacher, use daily to communicate with faculty and students. I post messages, documents, videos, and various other files into individual classrooms I set up for my students. There they can find the syllabus and see how the class is broken up into units. They are alerted by email when changes or updates have been made. For our school faculty page, it's a way for them to post commonly used materials and handbooks, college counseling information, deadlines. It's been an invaluable tool for keeping me organized. And I am NOT that tech savvy and I was able to use it immediately with almost no learning curve.

I feel like I learn about new features all the time. I wish there was a way to learn about them earlier or that they were more obvious in style. Overall, I have very little to say against this program.

Seth F.
Owner in Kanada
Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, Selbstständig

All though the GUI is a little clunky on the students end, the program is very expandable.

Kommentare: The ability to see on my phone and computer, up-to-date information send from the school such as grades, announcements and schedule information.

What's really amazing about this software is how it manages to send hundreds of staff members input (grades, attendance, comments) to thousands of students and parents phones, laptops, tablets ect. seamlessly and easily, with plenty of extra essential features such as scheduling, and sign-ups, and substitute teacher logins, usually withourt any hiccups.

The android application is absolutely dreadful. Announcements rarely display properly and the menu is just a list of text. The app looks awful and many students report frequent crashing. The iOS app is only a slight improvement over the android version with a better GUI and less crashes. Both apps are missing a refresh feature (pull-down) and have no way of checking that the information displayed is current, often only updating a few minutes after the app is opened, causing the wrong days announcements to be displayed, and some students miss crucial information.

Juvy M.
Juvy M.
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Power Up your System with Powerschool!

Kommentare: Recording and monitoring of students' grades are easy and quick with PowerSchool.

Powerschool gives me POWER to manage student information from attendance, schedule, to grades inputting and printing. It has also great features that stores students' contacts, demographics, cumulative grade information, quick lookup of grades, submit log entry, teacher comments and test results. With all of these, teachers have a great tool as a class record. Likewise, parents have access to monitor their students progress in school while administration has reliable, accurate and responsive information system.

Using PowerSchool Student Information System, teachers like me has enjoyed recording and monitoring students progress over the year. Indeed, PowerSchool gives me power to manage my students' information in a click, anywhere and anytime. Thank you PowerSchool!

Sharon T.
Sharon T.
Speech-Language Pathologist in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Uncomplicated system

Kommentare: The system is comprehensive. Everything I need to know for a student can be found within PowerSchool. It is very simple to use, so I don't waste precious time trying to figure things out. I love simple!

PowerSchool Student Information System is so very easy to use. I love that it contains so many features. I can do health records, parent info, attendance, class rosters, student info, special education and testing info, and more can be found in this system for our students.

This may be on our school corporation's end, but it times out too quickly. When I am searching for students and information, I may be on PowerSchool for a period of time. If I don't click something within a short period of time, it logs me out and I have to log in again. Annoying, but this may be a time set by my employer and not a part of the PowerSchool Student system.

Kim B.
School Administrator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Very easy to keep track of all student data. Syncs with other Ed software programs.

Kommentare: Remote access, timely updates, easy to use, excellent reporting capabilities.

I like the search features and reporting capabilities best. Reports can be exported to a excel for further data manipulation. I use PowerSchool daily. I could not imagine my job without it. I can manage student and staff infomation remotely. This syncs with student registration and discipline softwares. PowerSchool has been the foundation for my school district for almost twenty years. Updates and support are timely and easy to facilitate. You can't go wrong with PowerSchool.

PowerSchool is a web based application. When internet access goes down so does PowerSchool. That is the only issue I ever have. Which is really not a PowerSchool issue at all, especially since the ability to log on from anywhere is a huge plus.

Danieal J.
Adminstrative Assistant in USA

Best Software to Access Student Records for Parents

Kommentare: Informative and efficient in recording all student data.

I have a child in the 2nd and 11th grade. I am able to navigate both students information under one account. As a parent, I enjoy using Powerschool to stay up-to-date with my children teachers, classes and grades. I like how I can view every assignment, test, quiz or project; by its name, date and grade without contacting the teacher. Powerschool keep records of attendance, school events, and class schedules; to name a few. I like how the Powerschool software gives my children a sense of accountability. My high schooler cannot state any excuses of not knowing her assignments or grades. Students are provided with their own access to Powerschool which helps them keep up with their own grades.

The software generates each student with an username and password for the parents and students. The parent are allowed to change their password. Although, my information remains the same, I have had to recreate my account several times throughout the school year...using the same information!

Amy W.
Administrative Assistant in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Powerschool is useful but could be better

Kommentare: PS is a powerful program but there are a few things that make things better.

PowerSchool is Integrated with our discipline module - Educator's Handbook - so we can upload the discipline into PS. I like the "set all" function for inputting attendance.

Not integrated with Ident-aKid for NC Cannot "set all" when putting in comments in the attendance bubble I wish teachers could see the student attendance for the other classes. That way they would know whether or not if the student has skipped. There needs to be a better alert system for custody matters. (highlighted page, beep, etc) I wish there was a warning when we don't submit a page before leaving the page.