Über PowerSchool SIS

PowerSchool spielt eine zentrale Rolle in der K12-Bildung und hilft dabei, Schulprozesse und Studentendaten effektiv zu verwalten.

Erfahre mehr über PowerSchool SIS

I love that it’s easy to navigate, even with voice app for visual impaired parents that find it almost impossible to follow along.

If your periods are coded as different Classes by your District, you will be forced to open, close, enter grades, repeat... over and over for each separate class.

Bewertungen zu PowerSchool SIS

4,0

PowerSchool SIS hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 141 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du PowerSchool SIS bereits verwendet?

Aaron
Aaron

PowerSchool Helps Schools Stay Organized

Kommentare: PowerSchool Student Information System had been a great tool overall. Tech-inclined teachers will find ways to make it work for them and save time will special features. Other teachers will find the layout easy to navigate and use with just a little bit of training. They are also regularly pushing out new features, so that is nice to see as well.

PowerSchool is an easy to use system. I have used it for over 3 years, but I felt comfortable with it after just a few days. The things you will use it for every day as a teacher (attendance and lunch count) are right there on the front page and easy to use. I can enter my attendance and lunch counts in probably about 20 seconds. The grading part is also easy to use. You can fill in grades and comments for all students as a timesaver. The fill comment can even be used to add each students individual name...which is a nice feature.

When the report cards print, they have a fairly basic set up. This might be something that is adjustable at the district level. I have seen other report cards look a little more professional- adding things like a school image.

Ed
teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good but too much for us

Kommentare: It was good working with PowerSchool, but we switched to an easier format and one that we could alter to fit our needs.

Plenty of applications to use with our school.

Too difficult to work for our small school. All the options just got in the way and caused confusion.

Audrey

Least intuitive Student Information System I have used in 12 years of teaching

Kommentare: It is counter-intuitive. Please study other models before rolling out the next version.

I like that it updates the students every time I input a grade (after I hit "save"). That is motivational for students.

Please note that the cons that exist here are features that exist in almost every other SIS that I have used in my experience and prevent me from using this efficiently. Not in order: 1) I cannot toggle between the first quarter, second quarter, and semester exam. The semester exam is not even there. 2) If I want to input the same grade for an assignment for all students, there isn't a code where I can fill down or copy a score from one student to the rest. 3) The assignments automatically default to percent-based, so if I put a 10 out of 10, it comes out as 10%, and I have to remember to select "points" instead of percent. 4) If multiple classes have the exact same assignment but a different point-amount or dates, I cannot change particular features of that assignment for that class, once the assignment is created. 5) There is no symbol that calculates as a 0 but is a notification for absentees. Instead, they see the 0 (even if I have the green absentee symbol next to it), and automatically think, "That's it." It demotivates students, even if I repeatedly remind them they can make it up if they were absent. Other programs use "Z" for this feature. 6) I cannot press tab between columns. 7) The bar on the right with the number pad, student information, etc., that appears when inputting grades, takes up too much room, especially if I am splitting my screen between PowerSchool and a spreadsheet. Those are the top cons, but there are more.

Veronica
Instructional Technology in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Powerschool SIS does it all!

Kommentare: Powerschool has been a vital tool of our school district regarding student information. The abilities the program has to sync with other programs also makes our lives in technology much easier.

Powerschool SIS has so many features and capabilities. It is used daily in our schools to keep track of many aspects of a student's daily schedule.

There are many features that could intimidate a user who is just beginning to work with the program.

Robert
IS&T Director in USA

PowerSchool

Kommentare: We are on our second year, and it seems to be working well. The roll-over and reporting for state are handled very nicely.

This is a very user-friendly Student Information System for schools. The reporting features are great, and special education modules are better than most. They have a great content library as well.

I did not like the training sessions, and the pricing for these. These are additional expenses, and these sessions are purchased as training hour bundles. They do not roll over each year if they are not used.

Alison
Alison
PowerSchool Administrator in USA
, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Student-based SIS, great usability, easy to learn, rigid yet pliable, modifiable.

PowerSchool SIS is a great student-based SIS. It is easy to use, and easy to modify to what you need it to be. I like that we are able to modify and customize pages, it has made it easy for us to streamline the product to use for re-enrollment, pre-registration, and keeping up-to-date on student information. It has allowed us to bridge the gap between when PowerSchool did not yet have partner products and today where it has plenty of partners and other tools available, however, due to the customization we are able to do without many of the paid additions. I like that the software was also, easily learnable. I took over the role as PS Admin from a true tech genius, and was able to learn the software within a year, and make it my own within two while also teaching and working IT. I only had to consult a small handful of times for issues that even left them scratching their head, which is very reassuring.

While PowerSchool SIS is a great system, there are some areas that could use some help. There are plenty of times and locations where you will see the message "Cannot be undone." or "Submit only if you know what you are doing and it is absolutely necessary" or something to that effect, however, there are other areas where it is just as dangerous and nonreversible that lack any warning. We had a user delete three years worth of student grade records by hitting the return key in USM rather than hitting the button to modify. It went with the delete command, which is right next to modify (I would personally prefer them on opposite sides of the screen where I cannot personally mess that one up), but it also deleted without the checkbox to verify the delete command being checked. I also hate that as the scheduler (I do it all), I have to schedule twice essentially due to co-teaching, once to build the framework with the lead teacher in PowerScheduler, and again on the live-side to add co-teachers. Additionally, since this is a student-based SIS, there are some limitations for parents and families. There are a lot of times that we need to manually move data with families, the parent account setup, at least according to the parents, could be easier.

Angela
Angela
Campus Lead and Data Specialist in USA

Challenging for Non-Traditional Schools

Kommentare: PowerSchool meets most of our needs. Because it is the same system used by our district it simplifies the process of transferring learners between other schools in our district and our school.

We are able to easily share data with the district who authorizes our charter school because we are in the same software. We can collect student demographics, contact information, grades, attendance, transfer information, and cumulative information all in one location. Through PowerTeacher we are able to combine the gradebook with the SIS. Once I became familiar with the field names I can easily get filtered lists of students. I can also pull simple Excel lists of specific fields. Parents and students are also able to login and see information about attendance, assignments, and grades.

I have found it very difficult to find any written information about the basic structure of the database. I struggled to find the specific reports I need and often have to "made do" with something that is close to what I'm looking for. As a charter school we are required to begin tracking data on students as soon as they apply to our school. We are not able to use PowerSchool for student records until they have been accepted so we have to use a separate database and then enter them into PowerSchool.

Danieal
Adminstrative Assistant in USA

Best Software to Access Student Records for Parents

Kommentare: Informative and efficient in recording all student data.

I have a child in the 2nd and 11th grade. I am able to navigate both students information under one account. As a parent, I enjoy using Powerschool to stay up-to-date with my children teachers, classes and grades. I like how I can view every assignment, test, quiz or project; by its name, date and grade without contacting the teacher. Powerschool keep records of attendance, school events, and class schedules; to name a few. I like how the Powerschool software gives my children a sense of accountability. My high schooler cannot state any excuses of not knowing her assignments or grades. Students are provided with their own access to Powerschool which helps them keep up with their own grades.

The software generates each student with an username and password for the parents and students. The parent are allowed to change their password. Although, my information remains the same, I have had to recreate my account several times throughout the school year...using the same information!

Peter
Peter
President in USA

Standard of SIS

Kommentare: Works for everything we need. However, since it is so integral, we can't look to new technology (like cloud based computing) because it doesn't work with PS.

The program is easy to use and works across many different platforms and plugins. Overall, works for our school's specific need.

PowerSchool has been promising that they will have a version of their gradebook that works on chromebooks, which has not been delivered as of yet.

Andrew
Andrew
Occasional Teacher in Kanada
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Does what you need it to do.

From a teacher's point of view, it does exactly what I need. It allows me to easily take attendance, and allows my supply teachers to do the same.

This isn't necessarily a knock on the software, but I wish I had more control over reporting. This is probably something that is locked at the administrative level, and not a developer issue.

Coordinator of Network and Technology Services in USA

PowerSchool - What I wish I still Had

Kommentare: PowerSchool is everything I want in a Student Management System. It has all the features you could dream for, and if not for a lack of top quality State Reporting, we should still be happily using it. If it wasn't a decision made over my head (unusual) we would still be using it. Almost daily I find another integration program that we want to be using, while we do something very painful. Today alone I had to write a custom export conversion to make our current (non-PowerSchool) exports work correctly with our other vendors. In PowerSchool, I could script this by design, with all the featureset imaginable. PowerSchool isn't necessarily super easy, but it's easier than most. Need a quick enrollment check? It's on the front screen. Need to see where a kid is, how they are doing, their attendance, it's on the Quick Lookup Screen. Why are they failing? Click the grade and see the gradebook assignments. It's just that easy.

PowerSchool was a fast, powerful student management system. The customizations were vast, and when properly trained, performed by indistrict staff. Custom Fields, Custom Reports, Custom Exports, Direct Database Exports and Imports. These are features that should be standard in many Student Information Systems, but unfortunately Not. PowerSchool also integrates very easily with a number of other applications. There is a built in export / import scheduler. There is an API, and many other features that take much time. The navigation system is superb, and the "selection" driver for searches and reports allows for vast customization and detail. We created custom reports for Honor Roll certifications, Perfect Attendance, and a number of very regular activities.

PowerSchool was behind the ball when it came to State Reports. It didn't keep up often, and many of the reporting fields required duplication in a separate area of the data just to populate. Sometimes a student's demographic record would say one thing, and the report tab would say another. Constant looking at Reporting Release notes was necessary to make sure things were working correctly. Many support calls were made to make sure state reporting was working appropriately. Also, not a normal problem, but PowerSchool didn't focus on it's relationships with at least our State well enough. Without good support to the State, and communication, it allowed a 3rd party to swoop in gobble up much of our reason. I am actually angry, because we don't have PowerSchool anymore.

Ingemar
Academic Dean in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Wonderful Software that is Easy to Use!

Kommentare: It is based of old 90's database software. The simplest procedures were difficult to accomplish. You had to hire outside firms to teach you how to set up classes, take attendance, and do tasks that should be simple and straight forward. Its one of those pieces of software that have been used by schools for so long that people are afraid to move away from it. Some people have entire jobs around maintaining it and explaining it to their staff. It is much easier to use pen and paper.

* Great Graphic Interface * Intuitive * Excellent online documentation (included in the software, as you use it) * No Extra Training * No Extra Fees * Excellent Customer Service * A Company that Cares

No. It really is everything that I was hoping for. I suppose it could still get better, but it's doing that anyway.

Sharon
Sharon
Speech-Language Pathologist in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Uncomplicated system

Kommentare: The system is comprehensive. Everything I need to know for a student can be found within PowerSchool. It is very simple to use, so I don't waste precious time trying to figure things out. I love simple!

PowerSchool Student Information System is so very easy to use. I love that it contains so many features. I can do health records, parent info, attendance, class rosters, student info, special education and testing info, and more can be found in this system for our students.

This may be on our school corporation's end, but it times out too quickly. When I am searching for students and information, I may be on PowerSchool for a period of time. If I don't click something within a short period of time, it logs me out and I have to log in again. Annoying, but this may be a time set by my employer and not a part of the PowerSchool Student system.

Barbara
Elementary school teacher in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Personal student information at a glance

Kommentare: This program was so helpful in keeping my up to date on my teens' progress in their high school years, in addition to chatting with them. My husband and I would check it from time to time and we found it was a good conversation starter to let them know how proud we were of their improvement, progress etc. It also allowed us to ask questions about tests, assignments etc to check in.

PowerSchool allows me to view my teen's high school progress by viewing a summary of their current GPA in each class, as well as specific assignments, tests and grades (points) received. I can view from an online app at any time. This system has been used for my three teens in high school and was a nice snapshot at a glance. Parents can also see notations of any missing assignments and with a click can email a specific teacher for each class. PowerSchool is also used for viewing quarterly report cards and comments at their school.

I don't advise checking it daily or hourly as grades and GPA's change as new grades are added. It's a good source for noting when assignments might be missing. I would recommend that PowerSchool add a special color notation or symbol in the home view so parents can quickly see when an assignment(s) are missing - this could be most helpful when students have trouble with organization and may need a nudge from parents.

Marie

Great Resource for Students

Kommentare: Powerschool makes it easier for students , parents and teachers to keep track of a students progress. They also have available, the demographics of each student. This saves less time and saves the use of paper or different files on the computer. Everything is in one central location.

I like Powerschool Student portal. It is a great tool for both parents and students to keep track of student grading information. All the information for all classes and teachers are in one convenient location.

Powerschool has a lot of information and can be overwhelming to a new parent or student. More tutorials should be available for beginners.

Tom
Director of Technology in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Not cheap. VERY powerful. Scales well. Works well.... but you will need training.

The product works well - we have been using it for decades. As with most software, greater flexibility and power means more options, and a greater need for training.

The tie-in with Enrollment could be better - the process for migrating user data is obtuse, and the year-to-year rollover is not as seamless as it should be. There is usually some cleanup that must be done - features turned back on, accounts reactivated, etc - that takes time to sort out.

Kelly
Math Teacher/Dept Chair in USA

PowerSchool Student Information System

I use this as a parent AND as an educator. As a parent, I like being able to see how my children are doing any time that I would like to. As an educator, I like my students and their parents/guardians being able to see how their student is performing. I can also makes notes like "student slept", "didn't turn in assignment" etc. Helps eliminate confusion.

I love everything that I know about this software.

Power school upgrades

They listened to concerns and came out with updates to fix issues. Our administrators send out upgrade tutorials so we have the cutting edge knowledge. Once you use it regularly it becomes second nature.

Inability to run reports with specific field of information. Had to rely on administrators to update and create reports that weren't standard. No friendly user manual, used one created by our administrators.

Intuitive system

Kommentare: PowerSchool has been the SIS system of choice since I was hired in the district 3 years ago as a Secretary. The training provided along with the manual have made it easy to input and export any important data in regards to our students.

All of the reports that can be generated with any given piece of information through the quick export function.

Not being able to pull emails for our parents to reach out directly from the school.

Crystal
Special Education Teacher in USA

I use this program to track my child's attendance and grades everyday.

I like that I have immediate access to my child's attendance down to the minute. I receive my child's attendance immediately, so that I can call her whenever she's marked absent. Teacher mistakes can be corrected immediately. Additionally, I am able to track her grades and assignments whenever and wherever I'm at. I use this program more than any other program on my phone.

Jared
School Counselor in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easier to use and far superior to our previous SIS

This software is easy to use. It has plenty of features that are perfect for tracking students' grades, attendance, discipline, etc.

Each district that uses this software chooses the feature they will use. Therefore, there are links that are visible that my workplace is unable to use.

jennifer

Powerschool

Kommentare: Powerschool has been a great help to manage my kids education

I love that I can access my cchildrens grades and assignments anytime I want. I can see what class they are in also.

The grades are seldom up to date so some assignments are shown not graded when they actually are.

Muriel
Muriel
PowerSchool Coordinator in USA

Great!

Kommentare: It makes the calculation of grades and printing of reports in the school so easy. Also to have access of students information in the system, makes it so easy to see their discipline records or contact information.

I like everything that i have used in powerschool. It is always more features being added.

Nothing that i can think about at this time.

Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

The horror, the horror

I've used PS at various schools over the years, and they've tried, tried so hard, to improve. Their latest GUI is not as awful as the original.

New software built atop a shabby 1990's foundation. Every thing I do requires multiple clicks where a smarter UX could shorten it to 1.

Alexandra
ITS in USA

Our school district uses PowerSchool. It is a wonderful program.

I like the levels of use. For teachers, they can track attendance, lunch accounts, grades, and parent information. At the school and district, you can track data trends and share information among multiple programs. As a parent, I love the information I can track on my children.