Sage Construction Suite Erfahrungen

Über Sage Construction Suite

Bietet kleinen und mittleren Bauunternehmen Zugriff auf End-to-End-Geschäfts- und Projektinformationen.

Erfahre mehr über Sage Construction Suite

All of the uses for this program are mostly easy to use. Banking, billing and payroll are excellent tools to have at your disposal.

Finding some of the reports is counter-intuitive. Often we really have to search from what we are looking for - and sometime there is no report.

Bewertungen zu Sage Construction Suite

3,7
3,9
3,9
3,7

Sage Construction Suite hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 1.040 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Sage Construction Suite bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (1.040)

Samuel
Samuel
Full stack web developer in Nigeria
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Sage is a good value for the the money I paid

Kommentare: Despite their short comings,I can tell you that sage 300 is the best management software out their with good value for money,and I highly recommend it for either large or small real estate or construction companies.

What I like is the face that sage helps me to boost my project productivity, limiting errors, improving correspondence among parties,and creating adjustible reports

I have been using this software for a while now and my only issues us that I still cant remove some dormant account.that is my only issues

Senior Estimating Specialist in USA
Öl & Energie, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Estimate Management

Kommentare: Overall Sage SQL Estimating is a very stable and robustly powerful estimating tool.

One of the best things about Sage SQL Estimating is the ability to breakdown an estimate into an unbelievable number of different ways allowing both company standard breakdowns and complex bid form breakdowns at the same time. This also allows standard estimate formatting across all different divisions of our company while working together to complete very large estimates.

The two most limiting drawbacks of this software is the inability to create a specification driven takeoff system. The second drawback is the ability to error check the takeoff against a specification to make sure the entry is conforming to the specification and/or is correctly entered. Some of this can be done through assemblies, but not all of this can be done and is why this is very limited for the use of Process Piping System.

Kirstie
Contract Admin in USA

Sage Review

3,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

I like that you are able to keep track of your vendors & purchases all in one place. I mainly use Sage for purchasing.

If I do not shut my computer down before i go home & try to log into Sage the following day, it kicks me out & I have to completely restart my computer. It is very frustrating & everyone else I work with has the same issues.

Doug
Accountant in USA

Sage 100 Software by General Contractor

Kommentare: We are a general contractor and we probably don't utilize all the bells and whistles available in the software that a subcontractor might use to their benefit. We were mislead on the reports available when we purchased the software and spent significant dollars getting a custom report to suit our needs. The software has been very reliable.

Integration of accounting information with project management information; Real time information/status of the job; Ease of using drop-down to source; Ability to export information to excel and third party reports.

When the vendor is shown on a report or screen and the vendor number isn't. The reports section is missing a comprehensive (in detail) project manager report that captures and compares budget, contracts, change orders, purchase orders and costs to date. Learning how to use change orders as they impacted reports was difficult.

Summer
Bookkeeper & Owner in USA

New User Review

Kommentare: Now that I have learned how to use the software, I am very happy with it. It allows for seamless integration of project management and project accounting. I would recommend this software to others, but with a serious explanation that the learning process is difficult and frustrating for those who don't come from an accounting background.

I love the interconnectivity of this software. It really does a great job of tying everything together and it makes pulling union reports, workers compensation reports, etc easier than the spreadsheets that I was having to keep previously. After the long and difficult process of learning how to use the software, I am now seeing all of its benefits.

Learning how to use this software was not a good experience. I would love to be able to pull up videos on the internet and have someone walk me through the different screens. We used a company with live help for Sage 100 Contractor and it was expensive and I felt that I was often waiting for our schedules to align to get a simple question answered. It made me hate the software in the beginning and it was very frustrating. I am just happy to be past that!

Antwort von Sage

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business and look forward to helping drive your continued success in construction and real estate.

Jennifer

Versatile and Allows for Growth

Kommentare: I love this software but feel the customer service has tanked over the years. If I have an issue I want to pick up the phone and reach a person, not hours of hold time and voice mail only to be told to go look up the answer myself via the knowledgebase. It is extremely frustrating.

There is a lot of versatility in this software that I know we don't even tap into.

You can post, or rather the software allows for, negative debit and credit postings. For me it is fine but when you have someone on staff who maybe doesn't understand it can make things tricky.

Jay
CONTROLLER in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Timberline Property Management Software Review

Kommentare: When we first purchased Timberline in 2002 we were extremely satisfied with the software. Their Customer Support & Third-Party Consultants provided the best & knowledgeable support I have ever been involved with in over 40 years of use. They still provide great support in answering and fixing my problems, but the response time has been degraded. Unfortunately, once Timberline was acquired by Sage, the Real Estate (Property Management) portion of the software seemed to become "orphaned" in favor of the Construction portion of the software and has not "kept up" with today's technology.

When we first purchased Timberline Property Management Software 19 years ago, we felt it was the best Property Management Software on the market. It had all the modules we needed at the time and they were tightly integrated to each other. The report designer module made it easy to produce both "canned" and "custom" reports. Bottom line, it fit almost all of our Property Management needs with minimal reliance on third-party software.

Timberline Property Management Software was acquired by Sage Software and in my opinion over the years since acquisition, became Sage 300 Construction Software. If you look at the focus of the software today, it seems to be over 95% focused on the Construction industry and only 5% on the Real Estate industry.

Kevin

A Proven Total Construction and Accounting Package

Kommentare: Very good experience with the product and dealing with support and the knowledgebase. I have been using this product now over 15 years. I have worked for 2 General Contractors during this time and this product has served us well.

I like the fact that Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate software (modules) is a total solution for a few different industries, mainly construction. We have all the modules from Job Costing to Payroll to Project Management, etc. We do everything in house. I also like the fact that it integrates with Aatrix for Government and State e-Filing and reporting. That is very nice that it pulls everything from Sage and makes the reporting process seamless and easy. There are many other products that integrate well including MyAssistant.

I wish the software was cloud-based which would make upgrading and future improvements much easier and attractive. A smaller investment of hardware and resources would be needed since the server would pretty much be eliminated. Updates would be automatic. Sage does have other products that are cloud-based but this one will not be going that route.

Phil
Director of Programs in USA

2+ years in and we are moving on

Kommentare: Overall, our experience has been negative. Nearly 100% of our users dislike it in comparison to other systems we have used in the past. For the amount of money it has cost us in implementation (over $30k + staff time) and the ongoing maintenance fees (which are more expensive than similar products) we have not had a great experience. Other systems can do the same thing, much more simply, for a lot less money.

There is a lot of detail in what you can get out of this software, if you have the labor time to put into it.

Ultimately, the software is too cumbersome, difficult for staff to use, training not able to assist us in getting it working well for our organization. Functionality that used to be supported is no longer available with recent updates.

Hasan
Hasan
Senior Accountant in Jordanien
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Sage 100 Contractor is a great business solution

Kommentare: Overall experience using Sage 100 Contractor is great.

What I really like in Sage 100 Contractor is when we start setting up the software it was very quick to go live after short period, The annual revenue for the company I was working for is 35+ million. we shifted from old software to Sage 100 Contractor within two months, I did few demonstrations for my colleague about how to use Sage 100 Contractor and all of them they found Sage 100 Contractor easy to use and very helpful for our business, and reporting in Sage 100 Contractor is great.

I didn't face any issue or something I didn't like in Sage 100 Contractor. but the developing in Sage 100 Contractor is impossible.

10+ years of Sage

Kommentare: Overall I have had very little problems in Sage for the my 10+ years of using the product. I think it flows rather well, but when I had to train someone else because of concerns over COVID, it was a little tricky. There are some deductions I have to compute manually because I can't tell it to include overtime, but not vacation or sick when creating the deduction. I also don't like that when creating a paygroup you need to save before adding benefits, but that's a minor inconvenience. I have also adapted paygroup for the different benefit levels of my employees who attend school and have different impact to compensation. Overall I would recommend.

It is easy to input invoices and do most of payroll. The certified payroll still needs a little work for those of us not doing it electronically. I have never had an issue with the quarterly or end of yea tax reports. Archiving previous years and locking down transactions prior to archiving has become much simpler. I do customized reports from time to time and generally they are rather easy to do.

I would like to see a tab in the jobs that has all the information needed for the A1-131 top section report. I would like to see date added when it notifies you in accounts payable that you have a duplicate invoice number. Lately I have had to install the program onto new computers. The install was not as smooth due to Microsoft. I wish I had a updated list that said you also will need to download these applications as they are no longer automatically provided by Microsoft - ie Framework, SQL 2014.

Mary
Bookkeeper in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A few items to improve an already great product.

My boss has a lot of money going out; with that in mind, I start my bank reconciliation early and keep it going until month end. Sage far surpasses all other accounting software in this particular process.

Searching for an item could be improved dramatically! Also, if I issue a check by copying an old one issued to the same person. It becomes a journal entry and if I ask the computer for all payments issued to that person that journal entry is not always included. I need to be careful and check job costs, not just payments made. One other item, when issuing a check, I appreciate the manual check choice being added, I would suggest a small tweak, I wonder if you offered the verbiage "Debit Card", as well. I would be curious to attend short 15 minutes or so, info meetings- that would focus on educating users on particular features, for example in estimating and scheduling. Something that would have visual aids not just reading in the Sage Help. Maybe a recording in Zoom or YouTube a meeting accessible through your help site. I am a visual learner reading does not help me as much as a visual coach. One last item I would like to see implemented, I doubt it can be but here goes. If possible when I need to start a help ticket, sometimes what I need say is complicated. I need to type 2-3 paragraphs. I wish there was a streamlined way to get a person to talk to. Using the chat box is great unless it is a complicated issue, I wish I could type ## or something and that would direct me to the call back Que. Thank You so much for asking.

Lori
AP Specialist in USA
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Where are the user instructions available for special reports and features?

I did not do the integration, that was done by IT and they do not use the same day to day features that most users deal with. I'm sure the system is much easier for the IT people, but it needs to be easy or have instructions available for the every day majority of the users in the office. It seems very easy for day to day use for the majority of the work done in the office, there are just a few reports and features that would be nice to have. Possibly they are available but I'm not sure where to get instructions.

We were not provided with any sort of ongoing instructions or help for specific issues that we encountered after we fully implemented and starting using the software. Sometimes it will take a while to get use to something to realize you need other types of reports/information or functions, we had to just learn by trial and error. There is limited space when adding Vendors and no way (at least not know to us) to get rid of a vendor once it is added. We ended up with MANY double entry vendors. Additionally, making a vendor inactive in AP does not stop that vendor from being used in the SM module which creates issues importing. One of the biggest problems we have had is that the PO field allows users to accidentally type in random various characters, such as a / or lower case letters, which causes an error in the program importing. The system does not recognize the random characters which has cause a never ending loop posting. The system should not even allow someone to put in a character it will later not recognize, as we now have no way to get rid of these errors. Even customer service cannot fix the problem. We have POs that now have 492 lines as they are stuck in a loop and every day that we post another line gets added. Also we could use a reference guide on how to run specific reports we desire.

CHERYL
Admin Assist / Office Mgr in USA

Sage Review from Ft. Myers

Kommentare: This product keeps daily track of so many aspects of running a business and is very structured in keeping you and your business concerns organized. I completely depend on this for ALL of our accounting and project needs. Again, I can not say enough about the customer service.

This software is very detailed and will give you the information you need and depend on for daily use. We use only this product for all of our construction accounting /project needs. The reports it creates gives you the information needed per project, to see in daily figures what that project looks like from many aspects. You can also create specific reports if needed, but I have never needed to do that. They have GREAT customer service. They will log in with you and see what you have going on or what you're trying to do and will give you whatever help you need. I completely depend on this product.

Since this product is so detailed, some of the steps to "fix" something can be confusing and will have many steps to undo. Sometimes there can be more than one way to redo something and I get myself confused as to which action to take, but I know that customer service is completely dependable and they are only a call away to help.

Robin
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Kommentare: Why choose Timberline estimating over Excel or the Big Chief notepad? 1. Integration, Integration, Integration
a. Dynamic link to Onscreen takeoff tools (I can be in the estimate quantity field and jump to the plans, measure the quantity while color coding it using the mouse, and it inserts the quantity in the estimate).
b. Quotation/Procurement - one of the most important add-ons. Allows the user to create quote sheets from takeoff items, email them to vendors, negotiate prices, then choose to use that quote in the estimate budget or push it through to a purchase order or subcontract. Remarkably powerful integration tool, plus you develop a bid history library.
c. CAD - beyond onscreen takeoff (which is only an image of the drawing where you still measure quantities). CAD integration uses CAD item libraries to electronically feed CAD driven quantities from the drawings (but you still have to "estimate" the work to be performed). CAD primarily provides the material components and quantities.
d. Scheduling Integration - the ability to generate a text file recap of the estimate sorted by a schedule activity, or export the recap to a Microsoft Project Schedule native file format, or to create a Primavera native file format. NOTE - it is not a scheduling program; it is a utility to convert the estimate to specific data file format used by specific scheduling software products.
2. Reduction in errors.
a. Database formulas work every time and warn you when something is missing. Excel can break formula links, fields, worksheet links, and references and become too complex to manage and generate a wrong calculation with no warning.
b. Database estimates can be sorted in almost unlimited ways using "WBS codes" (work breakdown structures). This is a fancy name for tagging an item with a sortable field such as material class, building number, floor number, alternate, and then sorting the estimate by those tags in a multiple level sequence - on the fly. Very important with so many cuts and adds taking place in today's estimating processes. It also quickly generates field-oriented docs (bill of materials; by floor, by area, etc.), Budgets - sort by job cost summary instantly, etc.
c. Cuts and Adds are a given in today's fast paced estimate environment, recalling a scope section and revising it repeatedly is a reality. This is the most common cause of estimating errors when bidding. Having an audit trail of changes and to quickly make a revision to all components by answering simple questions is very powerful (see smart assemblies and Modeling as well).
d. Parametric estimates - increase the production of an estimator without increased rework or errors. Answer a set of parametric scope questions and the assembly generates all detail components for the estimator. Eliminates errors, reduces rework, ends the "takeoff for a bid - then takeoff again to build it" issue.
3. Database standards
a. A standard item library for everyone in the company to use creating ease of assimilating new estimators, improving cross training of roles, having common logic that can be reviewed easily to see how the result was generated. How many times has an excel estimate template morphed into multiple complicated versions within a company? Not with a database central price book and takeoff system.
b. Flexibility - allows the estimating "artist" to be flexible with their style of results. The assemblies will allow scope questions to be used differently by each estimator (one wants unit price, another wants man-hours, another wants total Square Footage). They can get all of that with a single common system setup.
c. Pricing - many cost pricing service products integrate and can be combined with a company's own in-house price components. Run into that goofy system you have no idea what it costs - look it up in the pricing service system (and by regional pricing in the market). Have your own factors - apply them to the pricing.
There are many other reasons to consider a database driven integrated estimating system. The above are just a few that show why excel or paper are outdated for today's fast paced estimating demands. It is not just the takeoff - it is all the other integration of "clerical / admin" grunt work stuff that an integrated solution improves within an organization. Four stars - there is no PERFECT system... but no others come close to this overall solution.

Karen
Accounting Assistant in USA

Karen Schwingle

Kommentare: I have used Sage 100 Contractor in one version or another since 2004 through my employment with a former Corian countertop fabricator and my association with Suitable Solutions ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). I love it! I believe it is an extremely workable program for contractors.

I work for a commercial roofing contractor. I think the project management system had the most impact, because non-accounting employees have access to it and they learn what it takes to keep a job moving forward.

This is not so much something that I "like least" about Sage, but the hardest part for me was getting others in the company to realize that I did not have to be the person to do EVERYTHING. They were capable of entering purchase orders.....they were capable of entering a change order.....they were capable of running a report. It has taken a couple years (we went live in 2017) for other staff to buy into the program. It is now going well.

President in USA

Construction User

Kommentare: We have had nothing but great experience with the software and customer service has be great.

The software help tracking expenses and history of job cost is top of the line. Progress billing is the best and easiest we have seen.

It does have a deep learning cure but once you are past that it is easy to use software

Diane
VP Operations in USA

ten plus years

Kommentare: Overall it was a good purchase. We do not use it for estimating. Kuesel utilizes the payables, receivables, payroll, equipment, and job cost.

As a construction company, we needed job cost to be detailed. We were originally with QuickBooks. This software definitely gave us the detail to figure out where our cost was going per project. I also like the feature that it records every transaction, so there is no guessing if someone changed the data.

I still struggle with tech support. I do not understand the Sage City, nor the Knowledge base.

Elaine
Office Manager in USA

Sage 100 Contractor

Kommentare: Very good.

It has more detail than our previous software. I really like the drill-down capability.

I would like to be able to work with someone at Sage to improve their Progress Billing fields. It is good for a basic set-up, but many of the Contractors that we bill have custom forms, requiring more fields that require the use of the Custom Fields tables. Good that the fields are there, bad in that they do not appear on the screen while billing. Makes the progress billing seem clunky. Also, would like more flexibility in the report writing (such as Outer Join, Left Join, Right Join).

Melody
General Manager in USA

Sage 300 Only Software You Will Need

Kommentare: Our company has been with first Timberline then Sage 300 which we started in 1997 with our original setup.
We have always been happy with the product and have attended seminars and workshops that really make a difference in new ways to use the software.

Our company uses Sage 300 exclusively for Construction, Job Cost, Property Management , Financial Statements and Payroll. Every aspect integrates with what we need. We do export and use Excel with the Sage 300 when needed.

Unless you really familiarize yourself with the report writing, that can be difficult.

Ahmed
Planning and project control engineer in Jordanien
Bau, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

The best applications for accurate accounting of supply chains

Kommentare: Sage 300 keep all supply chain tracking processes on track from the start until after the work is completed, which gives assurances to all supply chain participants that their entitlements and rights are known and thus facilitates transparent settlements.

It is a comprehensive accounting program, useful for conducting audits and reviews of all accounts of suppliers (creditor and debtor). It integrates with many software that is used in project management, enabling users to apply comprehensive management concepts to their projects. I like very much the ease of setup, commensurate with the needs of the project, and its integration with many applications relieves you of double entry and enables you to import or export data as needed. With Sage 300, you will be able to accurately prepare the accounting lists for your supply chains, as you will be able to know the balance of any of the suppliers and delivery dates directly and without the need to search in invoices and files.

All is well and after hours of training you will be able to use it efficiently, just needs some updates to the display and some colors to get a more modern look. The program's speed must also be increased so that you can exploit more than one window at the same time.

Tom
Senior Project Manager in USA

Don't waste your money.... Not Ready for Primetime

Kommentare: With more than 30 years of Construction and IT Management experience, working with numerous other platforms, I find my time on this platform the most troublesome and frustrating part of my job.

There is nothing I like about this platform.

The developer has created a platform on the most narrow and arcane perspective of construction contracting and management. Nothing about this platform is congruent with industry standards and methodology, particularly if you work in the government sector. It is like someone took shortcuts in the SQL database development rather than truly thinking though the numerous permutations of the business processes associated with construction management. Every GUI for every module forces you to follow the developer's narrow methodology which frankly exposes their inexperience and poor understanding of construction management. You will find it takes far too many incongruent steps through too many screens creating cognitive disconnect just to perform the simplest tasks. You will likely find yourself developing workarounds just to get by..... only to find they don't work either. Just wait till you try to enter a contact's company title only to realize that you're forced to select from a drop down that can only be edited at the Contact Management Settings module! Utterly Stupid! And every element of every module is constructed this way. The canned reports are mediocre and tools to build custom reports harken back the old SQL and Access crap report builders. Don't even bother with the Excel import tools: besides having to downgrade files to 97/03 formats you have to use their canned spreadsheets only find numerous manual steps are still required to complete entries. I could go on......

Michelle
Bau, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

User for 25+ years

Kommentare: Overall, my experience has been very positive. Other peers, and our external auditors, are amazed at how quickly a company our size can complete month-end and year-end procedures and how detailed we can get our reporting.

One of the best things about the software is that the core applications were designed together, unlike other software that tries to integrate applications from several sources. So, Job Cost, Payroll, AP, AR GL and CM flow together very well. Also, the software was originally designed specific to the construction industry so it really incorporates most of the financial needs of our industry.

We are running into issues in payroll due to the size of our current file. We are subject to job audits and we have many large projects so we like to keep several years' data in one file. However, Aatrix is not able to generate quarterly reports without archiving some payroll data. Also, it's really nice to have the ability to post to future GL periods. It would be even nicer to be able to roll FORWARD for financial statement the way we can roll back.

DeAnne
Chief Financail Officer in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Sage Recommendation

I started to use Sage 300 back when it was called Timberline. I implemented it at the Drywall company I was working at. The software is very user friendly and is very easy for anyone to use. I perfected the software use when I went to a General Contractor that was already using the software. When I first interviewed for my current position, in my interview I couldn't stop talking about Sage. That was the reason I was hired. I have once again implemented Sage from a manual system.

I don't like the was the Job Cost module changed and would love it to go back to the old set-up screen. I used to use the condition button for looking for set up mistakes and not I literally need to go thru each job looking at the set-up. Also in the Payroll module I wish the reports and generating accruals would be able to use the daily entry grid instead of have to enter the date for each entry. I went for one entry per employee week to forty. That's not cost effective to get the work done.

Valerie
USA
Bau
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Stay away!

The Project Management portion works fairly well. The reports are very clunky and hard to work with, but it's possible to get the info you need.

The accounting side of this software is horrible! Did you know that you can have a negative debit and negative credit? That's just part of the nightmare. If you want to see all entries going through both AP and AR, they only show up as summary entries. There is no detail as to vendor, invoice # or anything other than the date and amount. It groups AP entries together into batches depending on how you post. If you post 10 invoices in one AP session, it will group all 10 invoice amounts into one lump sum in the AP gl. Even if you go through the tedious process of posting everything individually, you'll still only have an amount to look at. There is no journal like in QuickBooks and Simply Accounting, so there's no possible way to see what was posted during any given timeframe. Nothing is intuitive and everything takes longer than it should. God forbid you need to reverse something. We always had to call the support line to get help, as it was not easy. Sometimes it glitches and values don't get posted from one module into another. Again, you have to stay on your toes to try and avoid this from happening. Phone support is expensive, and good luck trying to do anything without it. I have now switched back to Quickbooks and export my job costs over once per month into the Job Costs module. We spent a lot to switch to this software (including training), so that decision was not made lightly. It was a bit of a pain, but way less painful than having to stress everyday about how to find something, how to reverse something, or how to figure out where something was posted. I'm very technically advanced and I managed, but it wasn't easy. Accounting isn't difficult, and Sage 300 seems to go out of it's way to over complicate the simplest things. Payroll in Quickbooks takes me 30 minutes. Payroll in Sage 300 took me 3 hours. The software is like playing a computer game on a PS4 and then playing on an Atari, seriously!