Sage Construction Suite Erfahrungen

Über Sage Construction Suite

Bietet kleinen und mittleren Bauunternehmen Zugriff auf End-to-End-Geschäfts- und Projektinformationen.

Erfahre mehr über Sage Construction Suite

All of the uses for this program are mostly easy to use. Banking, billing and payroll are excellent tools to have at your disposal.

Finding some of the reports is counter-intuitive. Often we really have to search from what we are looking for - and sometime there is no report.

Bewertungen zu Sage Construction Suite

3,7
3,9
3,9
3,7

Sage Construction Suite hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 1.041 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Sage Construction Suite bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (1.041)

Samuel
Samuel
Full stack web developer in Nigeria
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Sage is a good value for the the money I paid

Kommentare: Despite their short comings,I can tell you that sage 300 is the best management software out their with good value for money,and I highly recommend it for either large or small real estate or construction companies.

What I like is the face that sage helps me to boost my project productivity, limiting errors, improving correspondence among parties,and creating adjustible reports

I have been using this software for a while now and my only issues us that I still cant remove some dormant account.that is my only issues

Senior Estimating Specialist in USA
Öl & Energie, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Estimate Management

Kommentare: Overall Sage SQL Estimating is a very stable and robustly powerful estimating tool.

One of the best things about Sage SQL Estimating is the ability to breakdown an estimate into an unbelievable number of different ways allowing both company standard breakdowns and complex bid form breakdowns at the same time. This also allows standard estimate formatting across all different divisions of our company while working together to complete very large estimates.

The two most limiting drawbacks of this software is the inability to create a specification driven takeoff system. The second drawback is the ability to error check the takeoff against a specification to make sure the entry is conforming to the specification and/or is correctly entered. Some of this can be done through assemblies, but not all of this can be done and is why this is very limited for the use of Process Piping System.

Kirstie
Contract Admin in USA

Sage Review

3,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

I like that you are able to keep track of your vendors & purchases all in one place. I mainly use Sage for purchasing.

If I do not shut my computer down before i go home & try to log into Sage the following day, it kicks me out & I have to completely restart my computer. It is very frustrating & everyone else I work with has the same issues.

Doug
Accountant in USA

Sage 100 Software by General Contractor

Kommentare: We are a general contractor and we probably don't utilize all the bells and whistles available in the software that a subcontractor might use to their benefit. We were mislead on the reports available when we purchased the software and spent significant dollars getting a custom report to suit our needs. The software has been very reliable.

Integration of accounting information with project management information; Real time information/status of the job; Ease of using drop-down to source; Ability to export information to excel and third party reports.

When the vendor is shown on a report or screen and the vendor number isn't. The reports section is missing a comprehensive (in detail) project manager report that captures and compares budget, contracts, change orders, purchase orders and costs to date. Learning how to use change orders as they impacted reports was difficult.

Summer
Bookkeeper & Owner in USA

New User Review

Kommentare: Now that I have learned how to use the software, I am very happy with it. It allows for seamless integration of project management and project accounting. I would recommend this software to others, but with a serious explanation that the learning process is difficult and frustrating for those who don't come from an accounting background.

I love the interconnectivity of this software. It really does a great job of tying everything together and it makes pulling union reports, workers compensation reports, etc easier than the spreadsheets that I was having to keep previously. After the long and difficult process of learning how to use the software, I am now seeing all of its benefits.

Learning how to use this software was not a good experience. I would love to be able to pull up videos on the internet and have someone walk me through the different screens. We used a company with live help for Sage 100 Contractor and it was expensive and I felt that I was often waiting for our schedules to align to get a simple question answered. It made me hate the software in the beginning and it was very frustrating. I am just happy to be past that!

Antwort von Sage

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business and look forward to helping drive your continued success in construction and real estate.

Jennifer

Versatile and Allows for Growth

Kommentare: I love this software but feel the customer service has tanked over the years. If I have an issue I want to pick up the phone and reach a person, not hours of hold time and voice mail only to be told to go look up the answer myself via the knowledgebase. It is extremely frustrating.

There is a lot of versatility in this software that I know we don't even tap into.

You can post, or rather the software allows for, negative debit and credit postings. For me it is fine but when you have someone on staff who maybe doesn't understand it can make things tricky.

Jay
CONTROLLER in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Timberline Property Management Software Review

Kommentare: When we first purchased Timberline in 2002 we were extremely satisfied with the software. Their Customer Support & Third-Party Consultants provided the best & knowledgeable support I have ever been involved with in over 40 years of use. They still provide great support in answering and fixing my problems, but the response time has been degraded. Unfortunately, once Timberline was acquired by Sage, the Real Estate (Property Management) portion of the software seemed to become "orphaned" in favor of the Construction portion of the software and has not "kept up" with today's technology.

When we first purchased Timberline Property Management Software 19 years ago, we felt it was the best Property Management Software on the market. It had all the modules we needed at the time and they were tightly integrated to each other. The report designer module made it easy to produce both "canned" and "custom" reports. Bottom line, it fit almost all of our Property Management needs with minimal reliance on third-party software.

Timberline Property Management Software was acquired by Sage Software and in my opinion over the years since acquisition, became Sage 300 Construction Software. If you look at the focus of the software today, it seems to be over 95% focused on the Construction industry and only 5% on the Real Estate industry.

Kevin

A Proven Total Construction and Accounting Package

Kommentare: Very good experience with the product and dealing with support and the knowledgebase. I have been using this product now over 15 years. I have worked for 2 General Contractors during this time and this product has served us well.

I like the fact that Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate software (modules) is a total solution for a few different industries, mainly construction. We have all the modules from Job Costing to Payroll to Project Management, etc. We do everything in house. I also like the fact that it integrates with Aatrix for Government and State e-Filing and reporting. That is very nice that it pulls everything from Sage and makes the reporting process seamless and easy. There are many other products that integrate well including MyAssistant.

I wish the software was cloud-based which would make upgrading and future improvements much easier and attractive. A smaller investment of hardware and resources would be needed since the server would pretty much be eliminated. Updates would be automatic. Sage does have other products that are cloud-based but this one will not be going that route.

Hasan
Hasan
Senior Accountant in Jordanien
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Sage 100 Contractor is a great business solution

Kommentare: Overall experience using Sage 100 Contractor is great.

What I really like in Sage 100 Contractor is when we start setting up the software it was very quick to go live after short period, The annual revenue for the company I was working for is 35+ million. we shifted from old software to Sage 100 Contractor within two months, I did few demonstrations for my colleague about how to use Sage 100 Contractor and all of them they found Sage 100 Contractor easy to use and very helpful for our business, and reporting in Sage 100 Contractor is great.

I didn't face any issue or something I didn't like in Sage 100 Contractor. but the developing in Sage 100 Contractor is impossible.

Bret
Estimator in USA

Sage Review

4,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Works well for what we use it for, overall would say it is a positive experience

Lot of different functions available to pull different reports or see certain numbers.

Not user friendly. Takes awhile to get use to the interface

Timothy
Vice President of Operations in USA

Sage 100 Contractor - Honest Feedback

Kommentare: It covers the basics of what we need, but really has not raised the level of service we are providing through technology. Sage 100 seems to have a good base, but needs a lot of development to make it standout.

We liked the fact that Sage 100 has Accounting, Service (work order management), and New Construction (Job management) in one package. Our goal was to make sure all programs are seamlessly communicating by having the same platform. None of these products really standout as special, but have the basic functions.

Basic functions in Accounting were set up strange and go against GAPP principles. Payroll is cumbersome to manage and Sage does not have a really good field time capture solution. SSO is basic and inconsistent. Basic navigation to look up customers and manage service contracts are not streamlined. It takes to many steps to access information and no easy wildcard "look up" functions.

10+ years of Sage

Kommentare: Overall I have had very little problems in Sage for the my 10+ years of using the product. I think it flows rather well, but when I had to train someone else because of concerns over COVID, it was a little tricky. There are some deductions I have to compute manually because I can't tell it to include overtime, but not vacation or sick when creating the deduction. I also don't like that when creating a paygroup you need to save before adding benefits, but that's a minor inconvenience. I have also adapted paygroup for the different benefit levels of my employees who attend school and have different impact to compensation. Overall I would recommend.

It is easy to input invoices and do most of payroll. The certified payroll still needs a little work for those of us not doing it electronically. I have never had an issue with the quarterly or end of yea tax reports. Archiving previous years and locking down transactions prior to archiving has become much simpler. I do customized reports from time to time and generally they are rather easy to do.

I would like to see a tab in the jobs that has all the information needed for the A1-131 top section report. I would like to see date added when it notifies you in accounts payable that you have a duplicate invoice number. Lately I have had to install the program onto new computers. The install was not as smooth due to Microsoft. I wish I had a updated list that said you also will need to download these applications as they are no longer automatically provided by Microsoft - ie Framework, SQL 2014.

Mary
Bookkeeper in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A few items to improve an already great product.

My boss has a lot of money going out; with that in mind, I start my bank reconciliation early and keep it going until month end. Sage far surpasses all other accounting software in this particular process.

Searching for an item could be improved dramatically! Also, if I issue a check by copying an old one issued to the same person. It becomes a journal entry and if I ask the computer for all payments issued to that person that journal entry is not always included. I need to be careful and check job costs, not just payments made. One other item, when issuing a check, I appreciate the manual check choice being added, I would suggest a small tweak, I wonder if you offered the verbiage "Debit Card", as well. I would be curious to attend short 15 minutes or so, info meetings- that would focus on educating users on particular features, for example in estimating and scheduling. Something that would have visual aids not just reading in the Sage Help. Maybe a recording in Zoom or YouTube a meeting accessible through your help site. I am a visual learner reading does not help me as much as a visual coach. One last item I would like to see implemented, I doubt it can be but here goes. If possible when I need to start a help ticket, sometimes what I need say is complicated. I need to type 2-3 paragraphs. I wish there was a streamlined way to get a person to talk to. Using the chat box is great unless it is a complicated issue, I wish I could type ## or something and that would direct me to the call back Que. Thank You so much for asking.

Lori
AP Specialist in USA
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Where are the user instructions available for special reports and features?

I did not do the integration, that was done by IT and they do not use the same day to day features that most users deal with. I'm sure the system is much easier for the IT people, but it needs to be easy or have instructions available for the every day majority of the users in the office. It seems very easy for day to day use for the majority of the work done in the office, there are just a few reports and features that would be nice to have. Possibly they are available but I'm not sure where to get instructions.

We were not provided with any sort of ongoing instructions or help for specific issues that we encountered after we fully implemented and starting using the software. Sometimes it will take a while to get use to something to realize you need other types of reports/information or functions, we had to just learn by trial and error. There is limited space when adding Vendors and no way (at least not know to us) to get rid of a vendor once it is added. We ended up with MANY double entry vendors. Additionally, making a vendor inactive in AP does not stop that vendor from being used in the SM module which creates issues importing. One of the biggest problems we have had is that the PO field allows users to accidentally type in random various characters, such as a / or lower case letters, which causes an error in the program importing. The system does not recognize the random characters which has cause a never ending loop posting. The system should not even allow someone to put in a character it will later not recognize, as we now have no way to get rid of these errors. Even customer service cannot fix the problem. We have POs that now have 492 lines as they are stuck in a loop and every day that we post another line gets added. Also we could use a reference guide on how to run specific reports we desire.

CHERYL
Admin Assist / Office Mgr in USA

Sage Review from Ft. Myers

Kommentare: This product keeps daily track of so many aspects of running a business and is very structured in keeping you and your business concerns organized. I completely depend on this for ALL of our accounting and project needs. Again, I can not say enough about the customer service.

This software is very detailed and will give you the information you need and depend on for daily use. We use only this product for all of our construction accounting /project needs. The reports it creates gives you the information needed per project, to see in daily figures what that project looks like from many aspects. You can also create specific reports if needed, but I have never needed to do that. They have GREAT customer service. They will log in with you and see what you have going on or what you're trying to do and will give you whatever help you need. I completely depend on this product.

Since this product is so detailed, some of the steps to "fix" something can be confusing and will have many steps to undo. Sometimes there can be more than one way to redo something and I get myself confused as to which action to take, but I know that customer service is completely dependable and they are only a call away to help.

Robin
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Kommentare: Why choose Timberline estimating over Excel or the Big Chief notepad? 1. Integration, Integration, Integration
a. Dynamic link to Onscreen takeoff tools (I can be in the estimate quantity field and jump to the plans, measure the quantity while color coding it using the mouse, and it inserts the quantity in the estimate).
b. Quotation/Procurement - one of the most important add-ons. Allows the user to create quote sheets from takeoff items, email them to vendors, negotiate prices, then choose to use that quote in the estimate budget or push it through to a purchase order or subcontract. Remarkably powerful integration tool, plus you develop a bid history library.
c. CAD - beyond onscreen takeoff (which is only an image of the drawing where you still measure quantities). CAD integration uses CAD item libraries to electronically feed CAD driven quantities from the drawings (but you still have to "estimate" the work to be performed). CAD primarily provides the material components and quantities.
d. Scheduling Integration - the ability to generate a text file recap of the estimate sorted by a schedule activity, or export the recap to a Microsoft Project Schedule native file format, or to create a Primavera native file format. NOTE - it is not a scheduling program; it is a utility to convert the estimate to specific data file format used by specific scheduling software products.
2. Reduction in errors.
a. Database formulas work every time and warn you when something is missing. Excel can break formula links, fields, worksheet links, and references and become too complex to manage and generate a wrong calculation with no warning.
b. Database estimates can be sorted in almost unlimited ways using "WBS codes" (work breakdown structures). This is a fancy name for tagging an item with a sortable field such as material class, building number, floor number, alternate, and then sorting the estimate by those tags in a multiple level sequence - on the fly. Very important with so many cuts and adds taking place in today's estimating processes. It also quickly generates field-oriented docs (bill of materials; by floor, by area, etc.), Budgets - sort by job cost summary instantly, etc.
c. Cuts and Adds are a given in today's fast paced estimate environment, recalling a scope section and revising it repeatedly is a reality. This is the most common cause of estimating errors when bidding. Having an audit trail of changes and to quickly make a revision to all components by answering simple questions is very powerful (see smart assemblies and Modeling as well).
d. Parametric estimates - increase the production of an estimator without increased rework or errors. Answer a set of parametric scope questions and the assembly generates all detail components for the estimator. Eliminates errors, reduces rework, ends the "takeoff for a bid - then takeoff again to build it" issue.
3. Database standards
a. A standard item library for everyone in the company to use creating ease of assimilating new estimators, improving cross training of roles, having common logic that can be reviewed easily to see how the result was generated. How many times has an excel estimate template morphed into multiple complicated versions within a company? Not with a database central price book and takeoff system.
b. Flexibility - allows the estimating "artist" to be flexible with their style of results. The assemblies will allow scope questions to be used differently by each estimator (one wants unit price, another wants man-hours, another wants total Square Footage). They can get all of that with a single common system setup.
c. Pricing - many cost pricing service products integrate and can be combined with a company's own in-house price components. Run into that goofy system you have no idea what it costs - look it up in the pricing service system (and by regional pricing in the market). Have your own factors - apply them to the pricing.
There are many other reasons to consider a database driven integrated estimating system. The above are just a few that show why excel or paper are outdated for today's fast paced estimating demands. It is not just the takeoff - it is all the other integration of "clerical / admin" grunt work stuff that an integrated solution improves within an organization. Four stars - there is no PERFECT system... but no others come close to this overall solution.

Karen
Accounting Assistant in USA

Karen Schwingle

Kommentare: I have used Sage 100 Contractor in one version or another since 2004 through my employment with a former Corian countertop fabricator and my association with Suitable Solutions ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). I love it! I believe it is an extremely workable program for contractors.

I work for a commercial roofing contractor. I think the project management system had the most impact, because non-accounting employees have access to it and they learn what it takes to keep a job moving forward.

This is not so much something that I "like least" about Sage, but the hardest part for me was getting others in the company to realize that I did not have to be the person to do EVERYTHING. They were capable of entering purchase orders.....they were capable of entering a change order.....they were capable of running a report. It has taken a couple years (we went live in 2017) for other staff to buy into the program. It is now going well.

President in USA

Construction User

Kommentare: We have had nothing but great experience with the software and customer service has be great.

The software help tracking expenses and history of job cost is top of the line. Progress billing is the best and easiest we have seen.

It does have a deep learning cure but once you are past that it is easy to use software

Leigh
BOOKKEEPER in USA

SAGE 100 REVIEW

Kommentare: Overall I like the software and look forward to updates and better reporting and billing systems.

Software is basically user friendly. I like how System Menu is set up and payroll is very functional.

Reports in this software are the worst part of it. It needs to be updated and make it easier to build and customize reports to suit company use. Also need to have an easier T&M workup system and reports.

Mike
President in USA

Falling Behind the times

Kommentare: I have used The full suite of Sage 300CRE products long before Timberline was acquired by Sage. Unfortunately it seems that innovation and product/feature development has been very slow since the acquisition by Sage. My biggest complaint over the past 5-years is the lack of web access, which in this day and age is unacceptable, especially in a collaborative environment such as construction. This is why we have transitioned from the PM module to Procore. Fortunately Procore is fairly compatible with Sage300 CRE accounting. It’s just a shame that Sage couldn’t keep up with the times and get a cloud based PM product to market in a timely manner.

Sage 300 cre is robust. It can be all encompassing with “modules”. From Estimating (which is an excellent product) through the accounting modules to project management, the workflow is pretty seamless.

The annual maintenance cost for a product that is not SAS is pretty high. It is not clouds accessible and project management modules has fallen behind the times, especially compared to a product like procore.

Antwort von Sage

Thank you for submitting a product review. Your feedback is invaluable to the continued improvement of products and services from Sage.

Obada
Site Civil Engineer in Jordanien
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The best guarantee to complete the work within the budget

Kommentare: I consider myself lucky because the company I work for uses Sega300, as it has a pivotal role in organizing all the functions of the work team, and also a great role in organizing the financial affairs of projects, and through it we avoid mistakes when preparing bills and financial reports. Keeping track of the work by ensuring that you do not exceed the specified budget.

It is one of the best tools for estimating the business value and managing project finances. Sega300 enables construction companies of all sizes organize and track tasks. In short, the Sega300 tells project managers what they need to do, and owners what their firm is actually about. The Sega300 eliminates duplicate entries by integrating and updating modules in real time. The Sega300 protects data transmission by limiting access to authorized individuals only. It will guard against changing financial data or losing jobs. The sequential and traffic order of customers and vendors helps integrate monthly accounting surveys for settlements and retrieve invoices accurately and efficiently.

There is nothing undesirable, it just needs some training to learn how to work correctly, and after completing the training, you will find it easy and quick to implement the required operations and extract reports.

Larry

1990s product still held together with duct tape

I have experience with it and can cope with it.

It's insane that recording transactions in AP need to be separately posted in other modules. It's crazy that I can't run a general ledger transaction report with a job number. Why do we have to purchase separate software (Office Connector) in order to extract data with the flexibility we need? If I run are report and print it from the report menu, you shut the menu down and make me reselect all of the filters, is this intentional just to piss me off? Why can't I resize and save the screens such as the AP invoice inquiry screen or the GL inquiry entry screen? Why are so many screens kept as small as possible so that I am forced to function like I'm looking through a key hole(GL Change Entries) Why can't I enlarge that screen so I can see the full line of data and a much larger list of lines? This program needs to be at least brought into the 21st century if you can't get it modernized to today's standards. We are seriously considering modern software such as CMIC.

LINDA
Accountant in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Affordable with some value loss

Kommentare: Able to function but not real happy with our purchase.

Project management is its best selling point. This is one of the only affordable software solution in a mid-range cost.

The input is antiquated and not user friendly at all. Extra key strokes are required to do just about anything. Many of the canned reports are generated by record number instead of date. There are no month to month comparative reports for balance sheet which you would expect to be easily available. Tracking of payments to vendor requires way too much effort to view invoices a check paid. Inability to create cash basis statements requires a lot of work at end of year to convert outside the system. This should be part of the basic package.

Susan
Director of Maintenance in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Landscaping company (not construction)

Kommentare: Fine. Frustrating at times.

I like that I can track many different things.

- It's slow - I shouldn't have to wait seconds for Sage to react to a selection made. It should be immediate. - When exporting work orders from 9-5 to 11-2, I would like to have the option to export 1/9-5 takeoff to several separate work orders - that would save me so much time. - When editing form design, it should be easier to line things up like it is in Word, using tabs, etc. - I wish there was one person at Sage assigned to me as a technical support person. - I feel like the programming from the back end has to be reprogrammed to remove any excess, instead of just adding onto old programming. - The scheduling module could be better. - I have other thoughts, but this website I'm entering this review on is painfully slow.

Brittany
Accounts Receivables in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good software but would like to make some changes

Kommentare: We use Sage for billing out contract for long term electrical work projects and for quick electrical repairs. I personally do not have much to compare it to as the only other system I have used it Sage 50.

I like how we can use this software for both residential one time work orders and jobs that last consecutive months.

I dislike that when you search for a part you cannot search it by a key word in the name of the part. For example if part is named 4' risers yellow, I can only find the item by searching "4", I cannot find it by searching "risers". Alerts sometime seem to not work. I know my co workers mentioned that to me and since I have been shy of using them.