Über Sage 100 Contractor

Bietet kleinen und mittleren Bauunternehmen Zugriff auf End-to-End-Geschäfts- und Projektinformationen.

Erfahre mehr über Sage 100 Contractor

Easy to use, navigate between tasks. The user interface is simple and friendly.

Finding some of the reports is counter-intuitive. Often we really have to search from what we are looking for - and sometime there is no report.

Bewertungen zu Sage 100 Contractor

3,9
3,9
4,0
3,7

Sage 100 Contractor hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,1 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 407 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Sage 100 Contractor bereits verwendet?

Lex
Lex
VP in USA

Sage Helps

Kommentare: We started in 1987 with The Master Builder; which was purchased by Intuit; which was purchased by Sage and became Sage 100 Contractor. So we have grown up with the great grampa of Sage 100. It has run our company for decades and we are very happy with it. As we grow, the program can grow. There is still a lot of the program's capability that we do not use, yet, but hope to.

Integration of job bidding to job costing to accounting to payroll.....all modules talk to each other in real time. We could not have any software that did not do all these things

The weak point is the estimating module that comes with it. I don't think it has been upgraded for 20 years.....no...really. They want me to buy the upgraded estimator which I think I will do soon.

Antwort von Sage

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business and look forward to helping drive your continued success in construction and real estate.

Doug
Accountant in USA

Sage 100 Software by General Contractor

Kommentare: We are a general contractor and we probably don't utilize all the bells and whistles available in the software that a subcontractor might use to their benefit. We were mislead on the reports available when we purchased the software and spent significant dollars getting a custom report to suit our needs. The software has been very reliable.

Integration of accounting information with project management information; Real time information/status of the job; Ease of using drop-down to source; Ability to export information to excel and third party reports.

When the vendor is shown on a report or screen and the vendor number isn't. The reports section is missing a comprehensive (in detail) project manager report that captures and compares budget, contracts, change orders, purchase orders and costs to date. Learning how to use change orders as they impacted reports was difficult.

Thoughts in the Second Year

Kommentare: Training wasn't smooth. Our trainer was a good person but we were mislead in regards to the cost of getting started so that was a negative from the beginning.

That it worked well with Procore and gave us a more detailed accounting system.

The double entry with using Procore and Sage 100. I also don't like that it isn't very user friendly. Lots of clicks to accomplish a simple task. I will use looking at the checkbook register as an example. I should just be able to click and look at at it. It should take 5 or 6 clicks to get there.

Summer
Bookkeeper & Owner in USA

New User Review

Kommentare: Now that I have learned how to use the software, I am very happy with it. It allows for seamless integration of project management and project accounting. I would recommend this software to others, but with a serious explanation that the learning process is difficult and frustrating for those who don't come from an accounting background.

I love the interconnectivity of this software. It really does a great job of tying everything together and it makes pulling union reports, workers compensation reports, etc easier than the spreadsheets that I was having to keep previously. After the long and difficult process of learning how to use the software, I am now seeing all of its benefits.

Learning how to use this software was not a good experience. I would love to be able to pull up videos on the internet and have someone walk me through the different screens. We used a company with live help for Sage 100 Contractor and it was expensive and I felt that I was often waiting for our schedules to align to get a simple question answered. It made me hate the software in the beginning and it was very frustrating. I am just happy to be past that!

Jerry
Supply Chain Manager in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good package for the money

Kommentare: Overall it's a decent software package for the money and the size of our business. Other systems can do more, but you'll likely pay much more.

The software provides the needed accounting and payroll modules. The optional Inventory modules offers some basic tools to manage your inventory. Reporting tools are rudimentary, but adequate.

Receiving inventory items works strangely. A Sage invoice is created when receiving. At the point of vouching the supplier's invoice, the same receiving generated invoice can be updated. However, issues occur if you have used any of that inventory before getting the supplier's invoice entered. There's a work-around which involves copying and pasting, but the vouching process should not care what your current inventory level is. The weighted average cost is problematic when working with projects. Any given transaction can result in a G/L record that doesn't match the project record, leading to variances. Need the option of last-cost, std cost, etc.

Lindsey

Nothing is perfect

Ease of use: A/R - client set up, job creation, invoicing and applying payments A/P - vendor set up, invoice entry and payments

Self-teaching is difficult. KB, University and other resources are located in 3 different websites. This should all be streamlined. One website with one login that allows us access to our account management tools, KB and Uni. Since I wasn't here at implementation, I have found it difficult to utilize portions of the program that weren't used prior to my hire date. Customer service is great but don't offer training and any training that isn't self-teach is outrageous! We are glad to see you upgrade your annual services to include access to the various classes that otherwise are out of our price range.

Karen

Sage Review

Kommentare: Overall it has been very good.

I like the accountability features first and foremost. The AP, AR and Payroll are simple and easy to use.

I would like to see a little more ease of use for estimating. For a small remodeling company like ours, we do not need massive amount of data. And a HUGE improvement would be if you could set up a standard "Note" for each cost code. We prepare proposals by Cost Code with descriptions as to what "Tile" entails (our allowance, our standard running board pattern, inclusion of grout, etc.) I would also like to see a running report that includes budget v. actual for hours, labor dollars, subs and materials. Right now I need more than one report to do that.

Hasan
Hasan
Senior Accountant in Jordanien
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Sage 100 Contractor is a great business solution

Kommentare: Overall experience using Sage 100 Contractor is great.

What I really like in Sage 100 Contractor is when we start setting up the software it was very quick to go live after short period, The annual revenue for the company I was working for is 35+ million. we shifted from old software to Sage 100 Contractor within two months, I did few demonstrations for my colleague about how to use Sage 100 Contractor and all of them they found Sage 100 Contractor easy to use and very helpful for our business, and reporting in Sage 100 Contractor is great.

I didn't face any issue or something I didn't like in Sage 100 Contractor. but the developing in Sage 100 Contractor is impossible.

Lucy
Freelancer in Niederlande
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Sage 100 Contractor is a value adding 'asset'

Kommentare: Real and full visibility and near real time results. Utterly refreshing and makes my job that much easier. Excellent reporting.

Sage 100 C offers employment costing solutions. Following budgets vs. real expenses is crucial in the construction sector, and Sage 100 Contractor assists us (my client and i) in meeting this demand.

Data migration form the old software and Implementation was full of glitches but the client support were always available and willing to assist.

Sarah

Sage Keeps Our Accounting Running Smooth

Kommentare: Sage helps us keep better track of the jobs we have in process. We are able to provide reports and invoices to our customers.

I like how the software is integrated for use in receivables and payables.

The Estimating Software is not being used by us because it doesn't integrate with how we do our bids.

Sherry D
Vice President/CFO in USA

Powerful Construction software

Kommentare: love it.

Job costing, payroll direct deposit, ACH, Reporting, project work center, customized reports, archive features, integration with Outlook, the ability to input suggestions and vote on others ideas, etc

The initial implementation and setup. Our Consultant was not the best in the implementation process. We have since connected with someone who is FABULOUS and knows how to best help the Client to setup "best practices" from the start. I only wish we had connected with her at the onset. Some of the programming still has "glitches" and boots you out of the program - annoying. F2 should be edit, and pulls up a calendar, Enter key and Tab key don't work consistently with other Microsoft programs - slight annoyance.

Karen
Accounting Assistant in USA

Karen Schwingle

Kommentare: I have used Sage 100 Contractor in one version or another since 2004 through my employment with a former Corian countertop fabricator and my association with Suitable Solutions ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). I love it! I believe it is an extremely workable program for contractors.

I work for a commercial roofing contractor. I think the project management system had the most impact, because non-accounting employees have access to it and they learn what it takes to keep a job moving forward.

This is not so much something that I "like least" about Sage, but the hardest part for me was getting others in the company to realize that I did not have to be the person to do EVERYTHING. They were capable of entering purchase orders.....they were capable of entering a change order.....they were capable of running a report. It has taken a couple years (we went live in 2017) for other staff to buy into the program. It is now going well.

Leigh
BOOKKEEPER in USA

SAGE 100 REVIEW

Kommentare: Overall I like the software and look forward to updates and better reporting and billing systems.

Software is basically user friendly. I like how System Menu is set up and payroll is very functional.

Reports in this software are the worst part of it. It needs to be updated and make it easier to build and customize reports to suit company use. Also need to have an easier T&M workup system and reports.

Arthur

Versatile and Powerful

Kommentare: I started using MasterBuilder in 1998. I found it has a robust payroll module enabling ease of use for Federal, State and Union payroll issues. The addition of Aatrix actually improved the payroll module. This program works for individual homes to large scale civil construction projects.

This product is flexible and can be used for a variety of different types and sizes of projects.

Customer Support is through your local network. Sage provides zero customer support and treats their customers as if they are trying to steal from them.

Debbie
Corporate Secretary in USA

Sage 100 Contractor Review

job cost reports, ease of reviewing subcontracts with change orders and entering sub invoices against the subcontract, having the certificates screen and getting the warning when you enter payables and set up to print checks

in the takeoff releasing subcontract you don't get a warning when certificates are not current. I just feel like it's overpriced since there is not unlimited support for the basic level.

Alan

Customize to your needs.

Kommentare: Good once you get past the computer chat feature.

I like that I can customize impute fields and reports so I can get information the way I need it to save me time and money. I only have a couple reports that I modify outside of Sage which is do to info that I want to view in different ways. The raw data is able to be exported out of Sage to excel which makes this very easy. I love the email capability of invoice and Statements which saves a lot on postage and with the ready receipt, I can confirm customer received.

I don't like that there are areas that I can't modify reports and so I need to pay for custom reports. I also wish sales tax could be figure by job so when I enter invoices, I have more than the Vendor default option. So basically, when I enter the job on the invoice entry screen, it would pull the job tax rate.

Jeff

Great Value, Great Transparency, Proactively manage the business

Kommentare: We have increased transparency, gained insights and have been able to proactively manage the business. This has led to better business decisions, increased revenue, and overall business performance.

The ease of use which allows our program management team and accounting teams to seamlessly work together and integrate inputs for a real time view of company performance. Implementation was not overly difficult. Drilling down in reports is very useful!

There are a large number of "canned" reports which are more than adequate. Customization is possible, but not overly simple. Sage can help with this though so it won't be a road block.

James
CFO in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Honest review from construction subcontractor

Kommentare: It has been good. I rely on Sage heavily for a lot of important information and reports. The support staff is friendly and there is a wealth of knowledge out there. I wish it were easier to go straight to a live chat or phone call and I wish that I could speak to a developer who would listen to accounting issues I see as a CPA.

The product is very user friendly. I learned it in no time. I love how you can add attachments to everything, customize reports, have fields prepopulated/skipped, etc. There is a lot this system can do.

It seems like the Sage developers are rigid in how they set things up. I've had multiple instances where I reached out to support to get things fixed or improved, and I haven't had any luck on getting them fixed. Even when from an accounting standpoint, the current way is incorrect.

Antwort von Sage

Thank you for submitting a product review. Your feedback is invaluable to the continued improvement of products and services from Sage.

Randy
Vice President in

15+ years and still happy with product

Kommentare: Needs some work, hopefully they continue to fix issues as they have always done in the past.

I've never used any other product so I can't make comparisons but I've been very happy with this program for over 15 years. It's very intuitive and easy to use. There are tons of reports, you can easily navigate information within reports to save time. Customer support has always been at the top of their game but it seems harder to get someone on the phone lately.

The functionality of this product slowed down tremendously (for us) once it went SQL or "live". I'm constantly waiting for every menu option to start. Yearly maintenance contract is expensive, especially in years where not much has improved. Does not seem to integrate with many programs like Quickbooks can. May have to look at other products if they don't catch up on this. Program crashes more than ever now that it's live.

Roxanne
CEO in USA

Customer Support

It's easy to use, can customize most reports

What is a product without customer support? Sage. Even you pay for full coverage you are not talking to a live person until you have: gone through a robot, gone to a chat room just to have them send you articles to read and then maybe have THEM decide if your worth spending your full support dollars on a live person which by the way will call you and you'd better be sitting by the phone waiting for them. See their picture? Their time is of utmost important and yours and the time you waste trying to get someone's attention simply isn't important at all. Masterbuilder's support as SO much better. You could make a phone call, get it answered and get on with work and making money.

SHARON
General Manager in USA

Sage 100

Kommentare: I like the fact that customer support is excellent when you can speak to somebody on the phone. The representatives are very patient and helpful and most issues are resolved with one phone call. The messaging does not work quite as well for me because I am not very good at communicating with a non-verbal message. The fact that all payroll taxes are updated is an great thing because you do not have to worry about not having the correct figures in your payroll program and the quarterly reports and year end reports make it very easy to file timley.

All of the uses for this program are mostly easy to use. Banking, billing and payroll are excellent tools to have at your disposal.

The portion that I find that I struggle with the most is the scheduling for work orders and I really have not used it much for that reason.

Peter
Pres in
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

You better get a REALLY GOOD CONSULTANT before purchasing this very expensive software

Kommentare: Very poor upfront design consultation from our implementation consultants. Even their support personell is wondering why they even sold this to us. We have very unique requirements for our electrical and low voltage business and consultants said we could acheive our goals. turns out that their solution for us required "tricking " the program to work a certain way which we are now paying the price for. Also this is ABSOLUTELY NOT the software you want to use if you are using a vpn to link multiple offices together. They dont support vpn. Be very clear in what servers hardware you are looking to use and domain controller. Overall Sage charges for absolutely everything (including the API) which is has lousy documentation at best. Also discovered that they have a major flaw in attachments (such as documents) that are not secure based on the permissions you give out to particular users. Searching data and trying to find a transaction is horrible. There are soooo many basic featurs that Quickbooks enterprise had that are sorely missed. Would definitely stay away from this software for anothere year. Hopefully, now that they are on SQL database, they will come out with some major improvements- will wait and see. IF they dont, we will scrap this after investing over $K. Horrible software right now and also doesnt integrate with anyone. I think everybody has abandoned integrating with it as there are too many problems with it. Be careful before you buy this!!!!

AIA integration Only good for very large commercial jobs

Not good for multi office vpn use. Security for attachments is non existent Very difficult to search for items No bank download feed - yet Integrates with very few other vendors API is very expensive Sage locks everything down so no open friendly API (this is old school mentality)

Andrew
Accountant in USA

Sage 100 Contractor good for the company bad for the customer

Kommentare: I do like Sage, but the report problem have been the same for 2 years, and when I call to ask if there is anyway to make them presentable I get a sorry and a put the request on the internet, which I have many times. Nothing happens

Very useful in many ways. Lots of features all in one place that can keep you organized, on schedule, and on budget.

For all of these features to work it takes a lot of input. Once you have put in all of this input the numbers are good, but if trying to present something to a client the report system is trash. many times the text doesn't wrap. You can't edit gantt charts at all for scheduling, which doesn't even have dates on it. We are having to pay an outside 3rd party a year to just give us report writing system that is compatible with sage so that we feel comfortable presenting proposals to clients.

Diane
President in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Cumbersome program, customer support is lacking

Kommentare: I've used this program for five years and have had nothing but frustration with it. It is a poorly written program - it is not intuitive or user friendly at all. I have experienced consistent errors (even being proactive with updates) causing loss of work and productivity. Resolve through customer support can additional lost hours in wait time. I strongly do not, nor would my accountant with several years of experience on multiple other programs, recommend investment in this product. There is very little to like about this program..

Even simple tasks are made complicated by this program. The knowledge base (self help) may not have the necessary information to resolve a problem. In that case, you must have a subscription to reach technical support which is an additional fee. Wait times can be several hours. If you do not have a subscription, you will NOT be helped.

Deborah
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Sage 100 Contractor - A great upgrade for our Accounting team!

Kommentare: Very positive experience. Has literally changed our entire department. Three employees are now performing the work of five employees.

The functionality is very intuitive. Once you learn one module, you can use that knowledge and be very effective in the other modules. The program is laid out very logically.

I would like to have more flexibility with our third party. We didn't have a great implementation and we would prefer not to have to use them for additional items we add.