Über ShortStack

ShortStack ist eine digitale Marketingplattform für Kundenbindung, Leaderfassung und Marketingautomatisierung.

Erfahre mehr über ShortStack

The interface with our social media accounts was also a breeze for voting on FB and sharing. I still have the subscription and now want to do regular contests for all of my clients.

Software can be a little confusing at times, just a lot of information in one place.

Bewertungen zu ShortStack

4,0

ShortStack hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 144 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du ShortStack bereits verwendet?

Robbie
Robbie
Social Media Manager in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

ShortStack Review

Kommentare: I used ShortStack for several years as part of a social media/community manager role for both brand awareness, product spotlights and related contests/givewaways

ShortStack makes it really easy for a guy like me with no design or coding background to manage social media contests almost 100% by myself. Designing, launching, monitoring and measuring the contests and their results was really easy thanks to the platform's intuitive workflow.

After a few years of using this software, the designer and I started to reach the limits of its abilities. Part of what makes it so valuable is how plug-and-play some otherwise complicated design/programming features. However, that templated framework has its limits, keeping you from realizing fully customized ideas outside that framework.

Antwort von ShortStack

Hey Robbie! Thanks for this amazing review! We're sorry you had to move along to another means of contest building, but, if it interests you, the Code Widget and CSS panel in ShortStack give you the freedom to customize campaigns however you wish. If you'd ever like to give us another try, we'd love to have you back. Thanks again!

Janele
Project Manager in USA

ShortStack is the Best, Free Contest Platform

Kommentare: We were able to use ShortStack in order to gather user images to use on social media. We ran a photo contest where the winner wins free product and we gather e-mail and contact information from entrants and voters to use in future e-blasts.

I love that I am able to use this software in full for free. For a simple contest, we have free use of the platform as well as free support from the company. If we need to add features, it is easy to upgrade without a contract.

The software can take a little getting use to when it comes to design. There are design options within design options which can make it a little confusing. But you can always preview your design to make sure it looks okay.

Antwort von ShortStack

Thanks for the stellar review, Janele!

Andrea
Andrea
Executive Director CEO in USA
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Shortstack lets us customize for nontypical contests

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: The learning curve for a basic campaign wasn't too bad, and their online chat help is quick, friendly, and excellent (thanks, [sensitive content hidden]). They have a collection of how-to videos, but lack much in DIY troubleshooting, so I did a lot of online chats in the beginning! I was able to get extra help with a more complex campaign from the [sensitive content hidden], and use that as a template for others. I'm sure I'm an outlier in how I am using it, but maybe that will change. So far, it's working.

The customizability really appealed, as I wanted to collect entries for large annual contests that submit photos, videos, or essays.

The interface for creating your campaigns is clunky and not intuitive. It's ok if you already have experience with web design (I use WordPress) or coding, but not easy enough for beginners.

Blair
Product Marketing Manager in USA
Sport, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Shortstack Is Fun!

3,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: We enjoy using it and it makes choosing winners easy.

Shortstack is pretty easy to get a contest page up and going. We love the instant win function at events.

Sometimes it is difficult to customize pages.

Iliass
Industrial Maintenance in Marokko
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I loved the application

Kommentare: I loved the service provided by this application for easy switching between my accounts

The service provided by the application to users

Frankly, there is nothing I hate about this application.

vor 3 Monaten

Wow! Thank you so much for your stellar review!

Tara
Tara
Marketing Coordinator & Corporate Social Responsibility Officer in USA
Einzelhandel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great Resource, Intermediate Ease, Kind of Pricey

Kommentare: When I had questions they would refer me to the help section on the website which was outdated. Overall, it's a great tool if you have the money. They have multiple tiers to unlock different functionalities which was disappointing. Charge one price and give me all the things.

This was somewhat intuitive to use once you get the hang of it. You are easily able to integrate your social profiles to push out your campaign. We did photo submission contests and it worked great. Created a Giveaway section on our Facebook page and promoted it from there. Great turnout with a little Facebook promotion behind it.

It was kind of pricey for what you are getting. The software to building out your page if very technically involved so my assumption is that is what you are paying for. The overall collection of emails and assets, such as images, is fairly easy. Would probably make up for itself if you are doing a larger giveaway versus some under $100 items like we did. That way you are more likely to convert those into entries, aka emails that you can use.

Antwort von ShortStack

Hey Tara! This is super valuable feedback! Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about those Help resources - we're always working toward making those better. And we're always looking for feedback on our pricing structure, so this is very helpful. Thanks again!

Andy
Andy
CEO in USA

Shortstack review

Kommentare: Getting custom-branded landing pages and contests up is very easy. The email tool built into each contest provides us a way to layout an entire contest campaign while logged into the platform, which is a major benefit to us.

Shortstack offers a great drag and drog type page builder with several contest tools that allow us to run successful contests. The drag and drop type builder allows us to create very custom-branded landing pages that our clients appreciate and users love.

As you start to use the software, you quickly realize that you need to upgrade to one of the larger plans to access the features that make the software attractive for most contests. We have the $199 agency option, which is relatively high considering our CRM costs about half that per month. After 12 months we will evaluate whether the monthly cost for the service is worth it.

Antwort von ShortStack

Thank you, Andy! We love that you're lovin' ShortStack and appreciate your feedback about our pricing. Thanks again!

Joshua
VP OF MEMBER EXPERIENCE in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

If you are running a contest, get this ASAP!!

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I give my overall a 9 out of 10. They are a good company to work with.

I love how much support you get while using ShortSTack. [sensitive content hidden] is super awesome and was always able to help or show me how to use it. I never felt like I was bothering them.

The interface is a little hard to navigate and so I am glad they have templates. I just feel like the user experience could be easier and not allow so much so less is messed up while running a contest.

Riley
Social Media and Marketing Student Supervisor in USA
Essen & Trinken, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Customizable

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

I loved how customizable we can make our contest process with ShortStack.

Sometimes the amount of options with design would get overwhelming.

vor 3 Wochen

Wow! Thank you so much for this amazing review. We're so glad you enjoyed using ShortStack.

Mahlon
Insurance Agent in USA
Versicherung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Landheer Insurance Review

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Easy to set up, run, track, and export data.

Pricing for what we got out of it. Did not get the responses like we hoped for.

Candice
Digital Content Designer in USA
Bekleidung & Mode, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

You'll fall in love with ShortStack

Kommentare: I've been using ShortStack for at least eight years. I've used ShortStack on my own as a blogger, and with four different companies I've worked for. I've had to write proposals on why I need the platform and it's always immediately approved. Beyond the platform - one of my favorite things about ShortStack is their customer service. I come up with crazy ideas and whenever I need help I can just chat or email them and I get an almost immediate response thoroughly explaining how to solve my problem. Special shout out to the support staff whom I've been working with for years and always manages to exceed my expectations.

ShortStack is the most customizable platform you'll ever use. From contests to landing pages to interactive quizzes - you name it - it can be built within the platform. There are even features you didn't know you needed - like autoresponder emails and entry hosting - even pop ups!

I have a really hard time trying to come up with a con for ShortStack. The one thing I can think of is if you are on a lower level subscription - you will have their 'ShortStack' branding at the bottom of your campaign. It's not a big deal, but if you are working for a very corporate company - you'll want to pay more so their branding isn't on your campaigns.

Antwort von ShortStack

Wow, Candice! We're absolutely blushing. Thanks for this fabulous review!

Jennifer
Marketing Analyst in Kanada
Halbleiter, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, customizable look and to needs, with a few additions it could do everything you need!

Kommentare: Ability to embed a contest on our webpage, collect submissions efficiently, and close the contest seamlessly hiding some text (e.g., submission form) and displaying other text (e.g., "contest closed" text).

Ease of use. Fresh looking designs. Customizable to needs (voting/no voting). Widgit editing functionality (move content blocks). Visibility features (to be creating something without showing it, and timing features to swap out what is displaying).

A few rough spots to be improved upon. Entry form -- Default has First and Last name boxes beside each other, couldn't seem to make any other entry boxes beside each other. Text formatting – can’t have two lines with different font sizes without a space between lines. Gallery Widget – Doesn’t work in all browsers (looks bad in Chrome?). It stacks the images, instead of laying them side by side. Displaying Entries - more options for the layout of these would be preferable. Particularly what entrant info displays - and in each entries info, ability to add fields if we want to put certain info on each entry when displaying them (info that wasn't in submission form). Also - love the timing feature, but pretty sure one didn't work the way it should have. I had set to show something on a date and hide something on a date and it only did one of the two things. Couldn't figure out why the other wouldn't have worked. Email confirmation - only sends once per email address. I wish you could override this (we allowed multiple entries, would prefer they got an email for each one and it could reference one of the submission boxes like "photo caption". E.g., "Thank you, we received your entry "SEM image of microchip".

Antwort von ShortStack

Hey Jennifer! Thanks so much for your review and your detailed feedback! We really appreciate it. We're always working toward making the ShortStack platform better, so learning what features our users are looking for is always so helpful. In the future, if you ever need help troubleshooting a feature, our support team is eager to jump in. Just email us at theteam@shortstacklab.com. Thanks again for this great review!

Julie
Web & Social Media Editor in USA
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Effective marketing tool for tourism

Kommentare: Short Stack Customer Support is FIVE STAR. These guys are always there for me, and I usually make mistakes and have loads of tech questions, or functional queries. They are SO FAST to respond, the online CHAT feature has been the most beneficial, and the yearly Agency subscription has met our needs nicely.

The diversity of the campaigns has improved greatly since we used to only have to import with a widget into Facebook. We have had a lot of success in promoting our destination through easy-to-create trip giveaways, including a cool trivia contest we ran, so folks learned something new, had a chance to win a trip, and had some fun doing it.

Sometimes the templates are different (newer) than the tutorial videos, so I can get a little lost at times. Understanding the lingo, and in the editing panels what each Rich Text box applies to can be cumbersome. I am not a great fan that I have to be a Developer in order to customize campaign URLs, so for now I stick with the provided link Short Stack provides, and it works fine.

Antwort von ShortStack

Wow, Julie! Thank you for this fantastic review! We also appreciate your feedback on the tutorial video updates - we're currently working to get those current. Also, next time you'd like to use a custom domain, reach out to us - we have some resources that will walk you through how to do it in "non-developer" language. : ) Thanks again!

Mandy
Account Manager in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great little tool for your toolbox

Kommentare: Great experience. My first hour of training when I signed up went fast and was full of info but I got it. Then I did have to reach out for help through chat and finally figured it out. They were very professional and helpful.

I have a client that submits multiple job requests to me almost daily. We needed to create a form so they would be able to fill out all the pertinent info that i need to know in order to do their job requests. After much research, I found this product and it does what I need it to do (mostly)

There is a learning curve, and you cannot reach customer support by phone. But they definitely respond quickly by chat and are very helpful. But you as the user need to figure things out. One thing that I would like to see improved is the option to have the submitter be able to add more than one image at a time.

Antwort von ShortStack

Thanks for the great review, Mandy! We're adding multi-image uploads to the platform very soon!

Marketing Director in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Full featured, some learning curve

Kommentare: We love the reporting and the seemingly infinite design capabilities for landing pages.

There are so many customization options for campaign set-up/implementation and design. It's a bit overwhelming to learn the landing page design tools at first, but with some play and trial/error, it's a great platform.

No major issues for us. We've run 3 campaigns on the platform so far, and with experience, it becomes easier and faster to set up and launch. Only (slight) negative is a little more learning curve than some of the "not so full-featured platforms" out there.

Antwort von ShortStack

Chris! Thank you so much for this great review! We're so glad ShortStack meets your needs.

Samantha
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

On the Fence

I did receive some visits to my FB page, which led to a few visits to my website, but overall for the price, I am not really getting what I need. My industry is actually a gift and engraving business, and retail was the closest option I could find on the list. I will try this again once more for a promotion and go from there. If it works out better, I will update my review.

It seemed a little complicated, and for the price, I would have expected the FB feature to actually be enabled at the level I was paying for, rather than having to upgrade to a higher cost. I might actually use it if that were the case.

Antwort von ShortStack

Hi Samantha! Thank you so much for your feedback. For your next campaign, feel free to reach out to us for tips and ideas on how to promote your campaign. We'll do our best to make sure it's a success. Also, publishing to a Facebook Page creates a tiny link under your list of apps that no one will ever see. Instead, we recommend promoting your campaign from a post in your Timeline. This will be way more visible and accessible to your audience. You can promote a campaign from your Timeline on any plan and also circumvent Facebook's promotion rules, etc. It's just a better way to go. Reach out to us for more questions on this as well.

Amberlee
Director of Marketing in USA
Einzelhandel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good Program for Basic Giveaways

Kommentare: Overall I am happy to keep using ShortStack. While it isn't perfect it gets the job done for what I need it for.

They offer a variety of different giveaway templates. There are settings that enable you to hide certain sections based on the date. You can export your entries. You can email confirmations to your entrants. There is a social share ability that gives bonus entries when someone enters off your share link.

Not the easiest to set up the templates. Would be nice to be able to save custom templates and template sections for easier customization. The dashboard has never loaded for me - spins and spins.

Antwort von ShortStack

Amberlee, Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you like using our wide variety of templates. You can save a campaign as a personal template! Within the Campaign Builder, select the name of the campaign in the upper left corner. In the drop down menu there will be an option to save the campaign as a template. Click that and and you you now have a customized template.

Janel
Digital Communications Specialist in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Option for Contests

Kommentare: My overall experience with ShortStack has been very positive. It's allowed our team to run an entire contest from landing page design through selecting winners on our own, without having to use an agency for help. It's ultimately saved us money by allowing us to keep this in-house.

I love how easy ShortStack is to set up and use. I was able to design and deploy a beautiful landing page for a contest without needing to use any code. Managing the photo contest has also been super easy and smooth, with all of the entries in one place.

I wish we could run a video upload contest without requiring contestants to upload their videos to another site (like Youtube) first.

Leigh
volunteer in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

First time using this type of program

Kommentare: I was totally impressed with the support I received. I experimented until I was confident that my contest was going to work. Payment started once it went live, not while I was learning how to use the site. I loved this because I work in a non-profit organization and I didn't want my organization to have to pay for my learning curve. After the contest was over, I was able to pause my account until ready to start another.

I was a novice when I did my first contest. I had never done anything like this before. I liked all of the support. There were written instructions and videos for each step and a a staff person (always the same person) was just a click away when I got stuck. I only needed help a couple of times.

I don't have any complaints. Having never done anything like this before, I had some difficulty with the meaning of some of the terms, but consider that I was able to successfully create an Instagram contest by just reading the instructions, seeing what the software was doing and asking for help when I really got stuck.

Antwort von ShortStack

Leigh, thank you for your fantastic review! With our free trial, anyone is able to create campaigns and test out the majority of our features before committing to a paid plan. We are also happy to hear you utilize our Pause feature which allows users to take a break from billing but keeps all data secure until the plan is resumed.

Shelby
Sr. Interactive Producer in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Solution to Online Contests

Kommentare: Contests for clients, great tool

I loved this product; it worked perfectly for contest solutions across many of our clients, and ended up very useful for my entire team to get inspired with new opportunities in campaign types. Customer service was also SO helpful and quick to get answers to us as we set things up.

I did have a little trouble getting the form embedded to our LP initially, which development was able to fix, but I wish the code to embed auto-sized the form to fit the entire form on mobile automatically, as development had to custom code this in. It was cutting off the submit button once someone uploaded images to their entry. Otherwise, it was great.

Antwort von ShortStack

Thank you for this great review, Shelby! I'm glad our developers were able to make your form work on mobile. We're always looking to make the platform better, so building a baked-in solution will be on our radar. Thanks again!

Jamie
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Fun and easy to use

ShortStack helped us grow our email list and improved our social media engagement. It is easy to use once you set up your first campaign and become more familiar with the software. Transferring the email list to our email service was a breeze.

I found it difficult to set up the background and header exactly the way I wanted it. I wish there were more templates included with the basic package.

Antwort von ShortStack

This is great news, Jamie! We're so glad ShortStack was able to help your business find success. We're always adding new templates so stay tuned for more of those to come.

Jay
Marketing Director in USA
Sportartikel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It's ok

Kommentare: it's doing what we need it to do, despite the awkwardness of its design, and it's capturing the leads we need it to.

It does what we need it to do, without our having to manually do a lot of it. We were able to use it's webhooks to plug it into Zapier to integrate with our list management.

It's cumbersome and awkward on the backend, the builder doesn't feel like it's been updated for over a decade. It feels very Windows 95 in a world that's running iOS.

Mitch
Advertising Specialist in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Shortstack review

Kommentare: My overall experience with ShortStack has been positive. We have executed several online contests with voting as the winning metric. The interface was easy to use and allowed winners to be chosen quickly. I also like the way the campaign renders on various devices.

It was easy to figure out how to manipulate the forms. User interface is intuitive. The pre-made templates help to create a functional campaign quickly. I like the voting and the choose a random winner features.

I use it mainly for social media contests and it would be nice to have more variety in the choice of templates or perhaps more customization features.

Antwort von ShortStack

Hey Mitch! Thank you so much for your feedback and your stellar review! If you're looking to customize something specific when setting up a template, please reach out to us at theteam@shortstacklab.com. We'll do our best to help you get things set up the way you'd like.

Bryan
Social Media in USA
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good solution

Kommentare: Elegant and capable product

Good support on line and from executives

There is a learning curve which had to be navigated

Antwort von ShortStack

Thank you Bryan for your review. To help new users navigate and learn our platform we have several resources available with youtube videos, help docs, blog articles, and support staff. Our most in-depth resource is ShortStack University which can be found here: https://www.shortstack.com/ssu/.

Kaajal
Account Coordinator in USA
Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great platform to increase engagement with fans!

Kommentare: Overall great experience!

I love the design capabilities and how easy it is to analyze, review, and export data. ShortStack makes contesting easy and engaging.

The widgets are sometimes a bit confusing to use. Generally, the simple ones are easy to navigate but I wish there were a few more concise articles that are geared towards different types of widget usage.

Antwort von ShortStack

Thank you, Kaajal! We truly value your feedback! We're continually updating our Help documentation and tutorial videos, and will take this suggestion to heart. Thanks again!