ShortStack Review

Bewertet am 9.2.2019
Robbie B.
Social Media Manager
Marketing & Werbung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used ShortStack for several years as part of a social media/community manager role for both brand awareness, product spotlights and related contests/givewaways

Vorteile: ShortStack makes it really easy for a guy like me with no design or coding background to manage social media contests almost 100% by myself. Designing, launching, monitoring and measuring the contests and their results was really easy thanks to the platform's intuitive workflow.

Nachteile: After a few years of using this software, the designer and I started to reach the limits of its abilities. Part of what makes it so valuable is how plug-and-play some otherwise complicated design/programming features. However, that templated framework has its limits, keeping you from realizing fully customized ideas outside that framework.

von ShortStack an 4.3.2019

Hey Robbie! Thanks for this amazing review! We're sorry you had to move along to another means of contest building, but, if it interests you, the Code Widget and CSS panel in ShortStack give you the freedom to customize campaigns however you wish. If you'd ever like to give us another try, we'd love to have you back. Thanks again!

You'll fall in love with ShortStack

Candice H.
Digital Content Designer
Bekleidung & Mode, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been using ShortStack for at least eight years. I've used ShortStack on my own as a blogger, and with four different companies I've worked for. I've had to write proposals on why I need the platform and it's always immediately approved. Beyond the platform - one of my favorite things about ShortStack is their customer service. I come up with crazy ideas and whenever I need help I can just chat or email them and I get an almost immediate response thoroughly explaining how to solve my problem. Special shout out to the support staff whom I've been working with for years and always manages to exceed my expectations.

Vorteile: ShortStack is the most customizable platform you'll ever use. From contests to landing pages to interactive quizzes - you name it - it can be built within the platform. There are even features you didn't know you needed - like autoresponder emails and entry hosting - even pop ups!

Nachteile: I have a really hard time trying to come up with a con for ShortStack. The one thing I can think of is if you are on a lower level subscription - you will have their 'ShortStack' branding at the bottom of your campaign. It's not a big deal, but if you are working for a very corporate company - you'll want to pay more so their branding isn't on your campaigns.

von ShortStack an 25.4.2019

Wow, Candice! We're absolutely blushing. Thanks for this fabulous review!

Shortstack review

Bewertet am 20.11.2019
Andy R.

Kommentare: Getting custom-branded landing pages and contests up is very easy. The email tool built into each contest provides us a way to layout an entire contest campaign while logged into the platform, which is a major benefit to us.

Vorteile: Shortstack offers a great drag and drog type page builder with several contest tools that allow us to run successful contests. The drag and drop type builder allows us to create very custom-branded landing pages that our clients appreciate and users love.

Nachteile: As you start to use the software, you quickly realize that you need to upgrade to one of the larger plans to access the features that make the software attractive for most contests. We have the $199 agency option, which is relatively high considering our CRM costs about half that per month. After 12 months we will evaluate whether the monthly cost for the service is worth it.

von ShortStack an 23.11.2019

Thank you, Andy! We love that you're lovin' ShortStack and appreciate your feedback about our pricing. Thanks again!

Fantastic customer service and support!

Bewertet am 20.11.2019
Aubrey M.
Graphic Designer
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We're solving the problem of limited amount of followers on Facebook AND the "rules" Facebook implements for giveaways.

Vorteile: The majority of my job is graphic design so when starting with this software, I felt a little nervous. Luckily the online support team is VERY responsive when I need help. Plus all of the videos they have online are a great help when you don't want to constantly ask for help.

Nachteile: I can't say anything negative at this time.

von ShortStack an 23.11.2019

Thank you for your feedback, Aubrey! We're so glad you found the support team and online videos a big help! Thanks again!

ShortStack is good, but has low limits on entries

Bewertet am 19.8.2019
George A.
Digital Marketing Manager
E-Learning, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: -fairly easy to use
-easy to scale up
-the variety of ready made templates and the ability to customise them

Nachteile: don't like the fact that you are limited on :
- views
- entries
i understand having a limit on the lower tier plans, but in the full plan, having limitations on the amount o page views and or entries on the account seems rather unprofessional to me.
And this is a model i've seen to almost every software on the market that handles competitions ( i.e wishpond).
They really should think about removing entry limits, at least on their full package, else if a company wants to create a high traffic competition and then replicate it, it will most probably mean it will need a new account..

von ShortStack an 23.8.2019

Hi George! We really appreciate your feedback! We always take customer feedback very seriously. In reference to your suggestion, we totally hear what you're saying! We offer Enterprise plans with no entry or view limits - this is something that can be discussed with our sales team. We're absolutely willing to accommodate as many entries/views you're able to acquire, but due to the resources these higher view/entry numbers require on our end, we have to charge a little more. Thanks again for your review!

A good basic software to create promotion

Bewertet am 2.10.2019
Momoko T.
Marketing coordinator

Kommentare: Despite having a difficult time navigating the page and not having some key needed features, ShortStack is a great platform for users to be creative and interact with the community.

Vorteile: I like that this software has all the basic functions needed to help create online application forms for giveaways contests, e-mail sign up lists, interactive quizzes, photo contests, or surveys, with the public. I like how it has different themes to help get you started on a new idea for promotions. There's also a lot of functions to explore to customize your page.

Nachteile: I dislike how hard it is to navigate on the site; even though there are a lot of great features, it can really overwhelm the page when they are not explained or shown properly. I had previously had to contact customer service many times in order to understand where each function is or how to use them. I also dislike how there's no function to add social media buttons such as to follow or like certain posts from Instagram or Facebook. Most of the time I want to use ShortStack to give exposure to our business instagram and Facebook page so having the functions and features to do so is important.

von ShortStack an 4.10.2019

Hi Momoko! Thank you so much for your very thoughtful feedback. We take it very seriously and use it to continue to make our platform better. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to add buttons to campaigns to like individual posts on Facebook or Instagram. You can embed specific posts in campaigns - clicking on them will direct the user to instagram where they can like the post. You can use embed code to add a Facebook Like button to a campaign, but there currently isn't a way to add a Follow button for Instagram. The best way to do this would be to link to your Instagram profile with a CTA of "Follow us on Instagram", so, when the link button is clicked, your Instagram page will open and the user will instinctually click "Follow". I hope that tip is helpful for you! We look forward to working with you more, down the road.

Full featured, some learning curve

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Chris A.
Marketing Director

Kommentare: We love the reporting and the seemingly infinite design capabilities for landing pages.

Vorteile: There are so many customization options for campaign set-up/implementation and design. It's a bit overwhelming to learn the landing page design tools at first, but with some play and trial/error, it's a great platform.

Nachteile: No major issues for us. We've run 3 campaigns on the platform so far, and with experience, it becomes easier and faster to set up and launch. Only (slight) negative is a little more learning curve than some of the "not so full-featured platforms" out there.

von ShortStack an 12.9.2019

Chris! Thank you so much for this great review! We're so glad ShortStack meets your needs.

Professional Look Without the Pricetag

Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Heather G.
CEO/Founder
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Positive. A well-designed piece of software. I will definitely be returning if we do this promotion again.

Vorteile: I really loved how easy it was to build a professional looking giveaway. My giveaway was very unique (different clues appearing at different days) and I loved how I could set the entire thing up ahead of time and let it run, confident all the timing was correct. This took a lot of stress out of the giveaway week.

Nachteile: It was hard to track the entries through social media.

von ShortStack an 20.8.2019

Thanks for this awesome review, Heather! We hope to work with you again on your future giveaways.

Shortstack

Bewertet am 26.11.2019
Karl M.
Marketing
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I like the product.

Vorteile: The drag and drop functionality and the ability to see your campaign in real time.

Nachteile: The form styling. Not being able to use the same link when you need to unpublish and republish due to Facebook errors.

von ShortStack an 2.12.2019

Hey Karl! Thank you so much for the nice feedback! If you need us to reset a campaign URL we may be able to help with that. Just email us at theteam@shortstacklab.com with your old and new campaign URL and we'll be happy to help you out. Thanks again!

Tool Company using for Facebook

Bewertet am 28.4.2019
Brendan A.
Graphic Designer
Import und Export, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great!

Vorteile: The ability to run Facebook competitions quite easily and successfully - it is a great way to drive people to a single page to grab their details other than a website.

Nachteile: Sometimes the builder is a bit hard to get your head around and takes you a couple of times to get it correct. When you do learn it, it then works nicely.

von ShortStack an 3.5.2019

Thanks for this great review, Brendan! Make sure you check out our Resources Page (https://www.shortstack.com/resources/) and call on Support (theteam@shortstacklab.com) to help you with whatever you need. Thanks again!

Easy to use, customizable look and to needs, with a few additions it could do everything you need!

Bewertet am 26.10.2018
Jennifer H.
Marketing Analyst
Halbleiter, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ability to embed a contest on our webpage, collect submissions efficiently, and close the contest seamlessly hiding some text (e.g., submission form) and displaying other text (e.g., "contest closed" text).

Vorteile: Ease of use. Fresh looking designs. Customizable to needs (voting/no voting). Widgit editing functionality (move content blocks). Visibility features (to be creating something without showing it, and timing features to swap out what is displaying).

Nachteile: A few rough spots to be improved upon.
Entry form -- Default has First and Last name boxes beside each other, couldn't seem to make any other entry boxes beside each other.
Text formatting – can’t have two lines with different font sizes without a space between lines. Gallery Widget – Doesn’t work in all browsers (looks bad in Chrome?). It stacks the images, instead of laying them side by side. Displaying Entries - more options for the layout of these would be preferable. Particularly what entrant info displays - and in each entries info, ability to add fields if we want to put certain info on each entry when displaying them (info that wasn't in submission form).
Also - love the timing feature, but pretty sure one didn't work the way it should have. I had set to show something on a date and hide something on a date and it only did one of the two things. Couldn't figure out why the other wouldn't have worked.
Email confirmation - only sends once per email address. I wish you could override this (we allowed multiple entries, would prefer they got an email for each one and it could reference one of the submission boxes like "photo caption". E.g., "Thank you, we received your entry "SEM image of microchip".

von ShortStack an 30.10.2018

Hey Jennifer! Thanks so much for your review and your detailed feedback! We really appreciate it. We're always working toward making the ShortStack platform better, so learning what features our users are looking for is always so helpful. In the future, if you ever need help troubleshooting a feature, our support team is eager to jump in. Just email us at theteam@shortstacklab.com. Thanks again for this great review!

Stacks up to the hype

Bewertet am 24.7.2018
Kate O.
Senior Graphic Designer
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using shortstack platform to create promotional competitions for seasonal campaigns which in turn has increased our sales during these times. Overall it’s a great tool and allows businesses like ours to not pay more for pricey developers we can do this ourselves for minimal cost but great results.

Vorteile: Ease of use, If you have some coding experience and can learn quickly this platform can be easy to implement once you get the hang of it. I could also adapt to suit my needs by adding unique code. Any questions I had were quickly and expertly answered by the support team. The framework of the design was easy to work with and design our own backgrounds and elements for also which made the end result presentation much more professional looking.

Nachteile: It can take a while to get the hang of the platform particularly if you are using sporadically. It would also be good to have the platform save all your data inputted without deleting if you don’t have monthly subscription - this would work better for us for seasonal campaigns as we only use 2 or 3 months but have to pay for 12 to make sure our data not deleted. The data tools also could be more refined ie it would be good to know which people clicked on which element within the design I don’t think this is possible atm from what I have seen.

von ShortStack an 27.7.2018

Thanks so much for your thoughtful review! I wanted to let you know about our option to pause your account. You can pause an account for up to 90 days, during which time, you won't be charged the monthly subscription fee. It's a way to keep the data in your account without having to pay for the full 12 months. I hope that helps you out! If you have any more questions, we can be reached at theteam@shortstacklab.com.

Effective marketing tool for tourism

Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Julie B.
Web & Social Media Editor
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Short Stack Customer Support is FIVE STAR. These guys are always there for me, and I usually make mistakes and have loads of tech questions, or functional queries. They are SO FAST to respond, the online CHAT feature has been the most beneficial, and the yearly Agency subscription has met our needs nicely.

Vorteile: The diversity of the campaigns has improved greatly since we used to only have to import with a widget into Facebook. We have had a lot of success in promoting our destination through easy-to-create trip giveaways, including a cool trivia contest we ran, so folks learned something new, had a chance to win a trip, and had some fun doing it.

Nachteile: Sometimes the templates are different (newer) than the tutorial videos, so I can get a little lost at times. Understanding the lingo, and in the editing panels what each Rich Text box applies to can be cumbersome. I am not a great fan that I have to be a Developer in order to customize campaign URLs, so for now I stick with the provided link Short Stack provides, and it works fine.

von ShortStack an 12.9.2019

Wow, Julie! Thank you for this fantastic review! We also appreciate your feedback on the tutorial video updates - we're currently working to get those current. Also, next time you'd like to use a custom domain, reach out to us - we have some resources that will walk you through how to do it in "non-developer" language. : ) Thanks again!

Great Resource, Intermediate Ease, Kind of Pricey

Bewertet am 19.10.2018
Tara H.
Marketing Coordinator & Corporate Social Responsibility Officer
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When I had questions they would refer me to the help section on the website which was outdated. Overall, it's a great tool if you have the money. They have multiple tiers to unlock different functionalities which was disappointing. Charge one price and give me all the things.

Vorteile: This was somewhat intuitive to use once you get the hang of it. You are easily able to integrate your social profiles to push out your campaign. We did photo submission contests and it worked great. Created a Giveaway section on our Facebook page and promoted it from there. Great turnout with a little Facebook promotion behind it.

Nachteile: It was kind of pricey for what you are getting. The software to building out your page if very technically involved so my assumption is that is what you are paying for. The overall collection of emails and assets, such as images, is fairly easy. Would probably make up for itself if you are doing a larger giveaway versus some under $100 items like we did. That way you are more likely to convert those into entries, aka emails that you can use.

von ShortStack an 23.10.2018

Hey Tara! This is super valuable feedback! Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about those Help resources - we're always working toward making those better. And we're always looking for feedback on our pricing structure, so this is very helpful. Thanks again!

The most easy-to-use and powerful social media app for building audience... period!

Bewertet am 8.12.2017
Fernando j G.
Regional Business Development Director
201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Shortstack is easy to use, powerful, up to date, fast, creative... a great product for startups.

Vorteile: ShortStack takes you by the hand and shows you how to look like a real social media pro. It has a complete set of features that can put any small entrepreneur in the social media game without too much effort. Having the ability to view examples and even reproduce them is a very helpful feature that provides easy understanding of the reach and scope of the software. The edit platform is friendly and does not require any profund IT background. The free plan is already so powerful that anyone starting to use the app will feel fulfilled. As as social media consultant, I loved to know that Shortstack is now offering marketing automation. This a great feature that will take this app into a highe and promising level. I truly recommend small and mid size entrepreneurs to give Shortstack a try and enjoy the benefits of this great business support idea.

von ShortStack an 28.6.2018

Thanks for your compliments, Fernando!

Plug & Play - Mostly. Enjoyed the Features

Bewertet am 20.7.2018
Director of Marketing, Marketplace Solutions
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used Shortstack multiple times to run contests around email collection and was pleased with the results. It was easy to implement and after a few rough starts, was fairly easy to construct a campaign.

Vorteile: After creating everything at Shortstack, it was really easy to implement on my side. I implemented a campaign on both Magento and Shopify with absolutely no problem. It worked well the entire time it was live.

Nachteile: Getting started for the first time was a little complicated/confusing. I wasn't sure what to do and had to restart my project a few times after not being sure what I was doing. After I figured it out though, no problem.

von ShortStack an 30.7.2018

Thanks so much! We really appreciate your stellar review.

Would Recommend Shortstack

Christina L.
Senior Social Strategist

Vorteile: It's extremely easy to use, even for non-developers and outside of the social team.
Once you get the hang of how to edit the look, padding, etc., you can really make it your own without having to have creative team members generate this aspect.

Nachteile: There are still some struggles with the API integrations with Instagram (i.e. disconnects the feed almost daily).
The fact that we have to fluctuate between membership levels to get the features needed from giveaway to giveaway.
We're not able to pay annually, but rather have to work on a monthly schedule - not ideal for an agency.

von ShortStack an 27.7.2018

Hi Christina! Thank you so much for your feedback and awesome review! I'm so happy to hear you found the platform easy to use - even for non-developers. I wanted to mention that we offer annual plan pricing. On an annual plan, you'll even get a bit of a discount over paying month to month. You can switch over to an annual plan from your account's profile, or send us an email to theteam@shortstacklab.com and we'll be happy to help you out. Thanks again!

Great software for a space with very limited options

Audience Development Manager
Medienproduktion, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall experience with ShortStack has been great. In a nutshell, the ability to fully customize your campaign to how you like - matching your brand identity, and prevention of looking like complete spam - has been easier and more robust than other platforms I have tested such as KingSumo for example.

Vorteile: Generally speaking, the software is easy to use. Setting up a campaign, connecting an optional autoresponder is quick and painless. Exporting the data collected from entrants and selecting custom fields for forms are some of the most liked features across the board here. It is also nice to have the option to publish as a standalone landing page, or on your site - a feature we haven't found much success with on other platforms.

Nachteile: The design features are clunky and difficult to use unless you have a skilled designer who also knows how to code.

von ShortStack an 25.4.2019

Thanks so much! We're glad ShortStack is working well for you.

Six Years with ShortStack

Randy M.
Marketing Manager
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Over all it has been very good, there's not much that I want to do using ShortStack that it can't do. It's easy to design and deploy and the customer service I have received when I needed it.

Vorteile: One word "flexible". I enjoy how flexible ShortStack is, how I can easily design the app / contest that I want, how I can deploy it across multiple channels and make it work with our social media channels and website. How we can design something that looks uniquely us and offers the features I am mostly looking for.

Nachteile: I do run into limitations occasionally with design functionality but not often, for example, recently spoke at ShortStack about running an online charity auction through ShortStack to find out that it's not a feature supported because of the payment handling.

von ShortStack an 27.7.2018

Randy! Thank you so much for this awesome review and for your 6 years of loyalty! We truly appreciate you and love that you're lovin' the ShortStack platform. Cheers!

Shortstack is Great

Scott G.
FIeld & Channel Marketing Coordinator
Telekommunikation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use the platform at various tradeshows and events. It captures information of attendees and offers a clean interface.

Vorteile: After using a lot of different platforms for online contests, my previous company settled on ShortStack and it was a great decision. One of the first things I did with my new company was purchase ShortStack so we can run contests.

Nachteile: I really can't think of a con, you definitely get what you pay for.

von ShortStack an 30.7.2018

Thanks, Scott! We're blushing over here! We're so glad you're loving the ShortStack platform. Thanks again for your great feedback.

Effective but hard to learn

Bewertet am 18.7.2018
Emily B.
Social Media and Marketing Specialist
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've used it for a photo submission contest and several form-based contests and have recommended it to several others for easy contest management. It's always proved effective and easy to use.

Vorteile: Absolutely love the output of data (so easy to read and interpret) and the functionality possible with the contests. It offers so much more than just a form, and I love that it gives me ideas that I would never have thought of myself.

Nachteile: It is tough to navigate until you get the hang of it. There are a lot of opportunities for customization and design, but it's hard to figure out how to do the customization at first.

von ShortStack an 30.7.2018

Thanks so much, Emily! We truly appreciate your feedback! And thank you so much for recommending us to others.

Used it for years

Lily J.
Social Media & Reputation Manager
Immobilien, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: An easy, affordable solution.

Vorteile: Easy WYSIWYG designer. I use mostly for simple splash pages, some social contests. Have not explored the full functionality for a while, but I know there is lots more.

Nachteile: Not really loving the new design, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Everyone grumbles about change.

von ShortStack an 25.4.2019

Thanks for this great review, Lily! If you need any help navigating the platform, we're always happy to help. Just send an email to theteam@shortstacklab.com. Thanks again!

Superior Network Review

Bewertet am 25.4.2019
Connor W.
eCommerce Director
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been able to provide additional services with ShortStack, providing our customers a more rewarding and enticing experience.

Vorteile: ShortStack provides an easy-to-use interface that allows many different functions that help us communicate with our customers. Everything we have needed ShortStack to do has been met with satisfaction.

Nachteile: The design tool layout/screen is a little confusing and not as easy to use. Perhaps it could be made to be a little more simple and more clear.

von ShortStack an 3.5.2019

Wow, Connor! Thanks so much for this great review. I'm so glad ShortStack has been able to allow you to expand your services. If you ever need help using the platform, make sure you check out our Resources Page (https://www.shortstack.com/resources/) and call on Support (theteam@shortstacklab.com) to help you with whatever you need. Thanks again!

Great Way to Get in the Giveaway Game

Bewertet am 20.7.2018
Marketing Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy to start, learn and implement in an hour or less. Intuitive interface with a small learning curve.

Nachteile: The updates are often excessive leaving the user wondering if they should pause the campaign, and update, or leave alone...

von ShortStack an 27.7.2018

Thanks so much for your feedback! We're so glad you are loving the ShortStack platform. In the future, you can push an update(s) in the middle of running a campaign - no need to pause it.

Shortstack is a Phenomenal Tool

Bewertet am 4.6.2019
Joe C.
Account Manager

Kommentare: Overall, I would absolutely recommend that companies use Shortstack if they would like to run giveaways, signups, or create any sort of landing pages.

Vorteile: I absolutely loved the signup sheets and campaigns you could create, especially for giveaways. It gives you the ability to get creative with the art and layout while gathering very good analytics. It is the perfect tool to use when running a giveaway for a client.

Nachteile: It takes a bit of time to get used to all of the tools and aspects in the software but that is also a plus because it just shows all of the options available in creating a great landing page.

von ShortStack an 7.6.2019

Thank you for this glowing review, Joe! We're so glad ShortStack worked so well for you and your clients. Thanks again!