Über Play Digital Signage

Import, Design und Veröffentlichung von Inhalten mit Leichtigkeit. Füge Text, Formen, Bilder, Videos, Webseiten und vieles mehr hinzu

Erfahre mehr über Play Digital Signage

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie Play Digital Signage bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Aaron W.
Aaron W.
IT Support in UK
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Very clean, easy to use product with a fantastic customer support team.

Kommentare: Able to show logos and metrics on our internal screens across the business, ability to finetune playlist schedule (ie. Only company logo after hours) Remotely able to update screens across different locations without ever needing to leave my desk.

Very easy to use, super intuitive, regular updates with new features - I find myself renewed with excitement for this company and product when something new gets added.

Organisation - I'm a structured folder guy, sometimes I want to group things up more, but that's a personal preference. What I have found in my time using playsignage is that the team are usually willing and able to bend over backwards to fulfil the demand in a decent amount of time - features that were missing are now implemented because they listen.

Anthony C.
Associate Director in USA
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

After searching, finally found the signage software we need!

Kommentare: For a long time we had a 9-screen video wall with almost no flexibility in how it showed content. This software has given us the ability of looping Youtube videos, flyers, and other content seamlessly. For us that means better exposure, more engagement, and higher levels of entertainment for our guests.

It's the most intuitive and user-friendly software we've used! The editing capabilities and plugins make it easy for us to display various forms of content on our screens. In the past, we've been limited on what we could show which was a poor customer experience for our guests. This software gives us the versatility that we need to really enhance our guest experience.

The asset directory can get crowded and clunky if we don't keep on top of organizing the files. It'd be helpful to have an expiration date like there is for slides.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: FWi, Arreya und Reportex

Warum Play Digital Signage gewählt wurde: Most critical reason was cost. Second was the ability to edit without HTML/CSS knowledge.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Rise Vision

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Play Digital Signage: Cost was the most important reason. Also, another pivotal reason was the ability to test the software independently and without charge for the first screen. This gave us the flexibility of seeing how the software could work for us without committing first financially.

Rene M.
Owner in Niederlande
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Especially given the budget there is no better system

4 vor 6 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: Pleasantly surprised that there is so much possible. The hardware is also flexible and ensures that everything runs smoothly.

Flexible, with many possibilities. Good hardware choices

rss feed limited, limited roles for users

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Yodeck

Warum Play Digital Signage gewählt wurde: Expensive, expensive hardware, very complex, poor support

Zuvor genutzte Software: TDM Systems

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Play Digital Signage: Doesn't restrict playlist in playlist which is essential for me. Hardware is limited to Raspberry

vor 18 Stunden

Hi Rene, thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Please e-mail me your feedback regarding the limited RSS feed and roles, perhaps it's something for the roadmap.

Dwayne C.
It in Kanada
Hausmeisterservice, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Dwayne

Kommentare: Awesome tool for beginners

Ease of use User friendly Fast reliable

Needs more plugins Library needs more tools

Antwort von Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Hi Dwayne, Thanks for the great review! If you have 5 minutes I would love to hear more about what plugins and tools for the library you think would benefit the user most - You can e-mail me at lars@playsignage.com

Emma M.
Emma M.
Associate Director of Development in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to deploy; works as expected

Kommentare: For how inexpensive it is, it's a GREAT product. We looked into Yodeck and ScreenCloud, and we might've gone with them, but we wanted fast and simple and inexpensive deployment. If that's your needs, you can't go wrong with a simple Fire Stick and Play Digital Signage. My boss was very impressed, too!

It's so simple to get it set up. I had beautiful digital signage going in about thirty minutes -- and that included the setup of the Amazon Fire Stick, too! I appreciate that it's simple to use but has more bells and whistles still to explore and utilize. I love the ability to schedule a slide for certain time frames. Love that you can do video or images. I believe there's even the ability to add widgets!

There's a little oddity when slides transition -- particularly with video slides. But cutting down the display time by half a second takes care of that. It also wasn't totally clear to me how to get the content from my computer to the TV the first time (with asset uploads, playlist creation, deployment, etc.). But once I understood it, it was a piece of cake.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: ScreenCloud und Yodeck

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Play Digital Signage: Inexpensiveness, ease of deployment, and because you can't test out Yodeck without committing yourself to purchasing their equipment (no returns). Fire Stick and Play made it inexpensive to test and we could always return the Fire Sticks if it didn't work well.

vor 3 Monaten

Thanks for the great review - We really appreciate you taking time to do this. If you have a few minutes, I'd love to hear what could have changed the 4 stars to 5 stars? You can e-mail me directly at lars@playsignage.com.

Jake T.
Jake T.
Videographer in USA
Konsumgüter, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A wonderful low-budget option with cheap startup costs!

Kommentare: Our company is now able to provide important updates (departments working this weekend, upcoming events, important announcements, etc.) at the snap of a finger to all of our employees. We have over 4 screens and will continue to add more in the future. Managers and HR can update the screens with their own account from their own computers and our employees LOVE the modern entertainment and announcements we have on our screens. It really was a game changer for our company. The VP said these screens make us look like a fortune 500 company, which is so true!

The fact that this can be ran off of a fire stick is a game changer. You don't have to purchase a big, expensive computer and mount it behind a TV. Instead, you purchase a $30 Fire Stick, plug it in and open the app. That's it. I also LOVE how you can manage all of the content from any computer and update the screens automatically. The built in editor is pretty nice too with a lot of interesting plugins and features. Support with this company is incredible. I reported a background music bug and within a month it was fixed and I was emailed an update from the tech team.

I wish you could edit playlists on mobile devices or tablets. It would be nice to have better templates to start with. I had to create all of our screens from scratch. The learning curve was very small though.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: NoviSign, OptiSigns und Yodeck

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Play Digital Signage: Pricing was a big deal along with the ability to run off of a Fire Stick.

vor 3 Monaten

Hi Jake, thank you for the very generous review. We are working on a solution that will give you the ability to edit the content on a mobile device, but it's a tough one as the editor requires a lot of space.

Benjamin M.
Retail Team Lead in Finnland
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great service for a really good price

Kommentare: We switched over to Play Digital Signage because of the flexibility of the service. With new software, you have to learn how to use it. Play Digital Signage is fast to learn with all sorts of handy features that we still keep discovering as we use it more. The customer service was super helpful with troubleshooting and with some features that we didn't know how to use. I would totally recommend it.

It's easy to create eye-catching and professional looking slides. The customer service is FAST and responsive.

The scheduler could be easier to use as it isn't very clear to set up schedules correctly.

Anthony H.
Support Worker - Homeless Project in UK
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great Product - Shocking Support

Kommentare: Sadly the support does not prop up the high level and quality of the software. Due to a misunderstanding it was believed we had intentionally created duplicate accounts and their support (a single individual on all different occasions) accused us of being fraudulent thieves, and 'did we see how this looked'. After resolving this we found the account to be blocked again a few months later - we had added team users which we were told was okay, but that we had added 5 screens which again, was fraud and because of the unacceptable behaviour on our account (but only two users had ever logged in?) they were not prepared to continue providing us with a free screen. We have moved to a different paid product now as we realise the benefit of a digital display to our residents, and we would recommend Play, but do not use the FREE single screen license unless you are prepared to experience judgemental, accusatory and pretty offensive support that considers you to be fraudulent criminals.

The software itself is easy to use, adaptable and widely available on a lot of different platforms which makes it an easy choice for both beginner and advanced users. The online control panel is very easy with a drag-and-drop approach to creating slides and zones, the scheduling feature is great for delivering timed content.

There's not much I didn't like about the software - as a charity organisation it was a great free offering that allowed us to showcase important information such as support lines, centre information but the plugin options were somewhat limited in comparison to competitors.

vor 2 Monaten

Hi Anthony, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. Our free screen concept has been and is still very unique, but unfortunately, we see a lot of users trying to cheat the system by creating multiple accounts to get more free screens. When our system marks accounts and duplicates we check them manually to make sure no mistakes were made. After our last conversation we did reach out to you with a couple of screenshots and a more in-depth explanation - I hope you received the e-mail.

Traie M.
Business Owner in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Amazing digital signage for your business!

5 vor 6 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: We’ve been using for a couple years and have had no issues with the software itself. We love that all of our announcements can be digital and we aren’t printing tons of flyers anymore!

I love the easy of use and the customization. We use this to display announcements and have gone completely digital for flyers thanks to this software.

After years of use there haven’t been any cons in my opinion. This software does exactly what we need.

vor 18 Stunden

Hi Traie, thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Brent N.
President in USA
Einzelhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Exactly what we need

5 vor 6 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: Works perfectly for our needs

I like the ease of use and the ability to schedule pre edited playlists

It seems it reboots often. Not sure if that is a play issue or a fire stick issue.

vor 18 Stunden

Hi Brent, thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. The player is not supposed to reboot more than one time a day (Automated at night time) so please reach out and let's check it out together.

Oak N.
CFO in USA
Rechtsberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, priced right

We've been using a commercial package called SuperSign to broadcast to our lobby TV. We used it because for a long time we wanted to display a TV station inside a frame and put a welcome message on the side of the TV to greet people. It was very complex and a real pain for our receptionists to edit and change when clients came in. So we decided to find a better product and decided we didn't need TV broadcasting. That opened the field wide up. I found a lot of products that would do the job but many were quite expensive. Play Signage was priced right and free for the first instance so I figured I had nothing to lose but for the cost of buying an Amazon Fire stick to plug into the TV. I bought one and started configuring the system. I'm big on systems being intuitive and not requiring tutorials for basic functionality. I like to jump right in and if I get frustrated, ask for help or look for something better. In this case, I asked a number of questions to support about what the capabilities of the product were and they were very responsive. When I ran into a couple issues with how to do things, same thing. The best part though was how easy it was to get started and build out the playlist and publish it to the Fire stick and get it displaying on the TV. Super easy and I did that all without assistance. I'm definitely going to be deploying more of these.

The software is great, but just a general warning about the platform. The Amazon Fire stick is not a powerful platform to run the software from. When I put a "Welcome to" ticker on the bottom of a template, if I play at normal or fast speeds, it stutters when the slides above it change. If action is required for your purposes, you'll want a microcomputer platform instead of the Fire stick, but this is an easy way to test the platform and see if you like it. I put the ticker at slow speed so the stuttering isn't as noticeable and now it's acceptable for our purposes.

Meredith A.
VP in USA
Sport, Selbstständig

Highly Recommend!

I am not the typical user. I assumed the role of VP of a Women's Golf Association (all volunteer) earlier this year. We are a group of (mostly) retired women who play golf once-a-week at our golf club. One of my tasks was to maintain an old-fashioned bulletin board in our locker room -- a cork-board with paper notices posted using thumb tacks. Surely there had to be a better way. We had a television monitor in the locker room that was available to use. I began doing my homework on electronic signboards, learning and researching the various products. That's how I came across Play Signage. After watching the videos and reading the tutorials, I gathered up my courage, created an account, and started to create a slide. And then another slide. And another. And another. The learning curve was so easy and the capabilities were so robust. It was easy, and fun, and most of all, in no time I had created a deck of slides that I was really proud of. I included animations, gifs, plug-ins for the weather, time & date, quotes, and even some YouTube videos. If this retired person in her 60s could do this, anyone can do it. When I hit an occasional roadblock, Lars from Play Signage was on the chat line ready to help. He was generous with his time, and was always available -- weeknights, weekends, and even holidays. The customer support was above and beyond any software or application I have ever used. I highly recommend Play Signage.

I have no comments for this section. There is nothing I don't like.

vor 5 Monaten

Hi Meredith, Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate you taking the time to put your review in.

Danielle O.
Art Director in USA
Architektur & Planung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easily the most robust solution at this price-point.

Kommentare: As a designer who works remotely, being able to efficiently manage content from the cloud rather than manually juggling flash drives with PowerPoint presentations has been fantastic.

Play offers an incredibly robust product at the absolute best price-point available. Customer support is nothing short of outstanding, and the fact that they integrate seamlessly with an extensive list of devices (FireStick, Android, Chrome, Apple, Raspberry Pi, Windows, etc.) and offer a clean intuitive cloud-based editor loaded with plug-ins and easy scheduling, there isn't another solution that even comes close. Play has completely streamlined the way we push content to the displays in our office. And as a designer who works remotely, being able to efficiently manage content from the cloud rather than manually juggling flash drives with PowerPoint presentations has been fantastic.

I haven't run into any negatives with the software.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: truDigital Signage, ScreenCloud, MangoApps, ScreenHub, Rise Vision, NoviSign, Signagelive und Mvix Digital Signage

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Play Digital Signage: Price, Value, Ease of Use, Customer Support

Antonio B.
Clerk in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Ease of use

Kommentare: I create presentations for our health care facility and often I need a lot of flexibilty combined with easy solutions to make quick, entertaining flyers and event promotions that catch the eyes of our residents and their families. Play is making it easy for me to do my thing without having to rack my brain too much on how to do it. Overall, I think they have a great product worth checking out.

Play is easy to use and easy to understand. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out other types of digital signage; but Play is very familiar because of its similarity to Powerpoint. So far, I am able to convert most of the powerpoint slides I have to this program and can build on them quite easily. Nice to find something that is easy to use "right out of the box"

There are a few features that I loose when converting powerpoint files, but its not all that bad. I have to spend alittle time trying to recreate certain effects; but, some of the extra features like adding a time/date, RSS feeds, and websites make up for what I may have lost.

Antwort von Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Hi Antonio, thanks for the great review ! If you have any functionality you think we should add to our road-map, please don't hesitate sending us an e-mail at hello@playsignage.com

Bruce L.
Manager in USA
Essen & Trinken, Selbstständig

Intuitive software with fantastic customer service

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I had an initial conversation with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] before trying out the software. He is exceptionally knowledgeable and personable, and did not try to "sell me" the product. We discussed it's potential and limitations.
Once I started playing with the software, I had a couple of questions, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was just an email or IM away.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] really went above and beyond in helping me out. I am really impressed with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the software and the company.

The software is pretty easy to use, I love the drop-in, plug-and-play capabilities. And when things get a little confusing, the customer service is beyond extraordinary, going way and above what you would expect!! I also really liked the image and video options that come standard with the package.

I 'm not a fan of the gif's but I'm sure others could find better uses for them than I could. It would also be nice to be able to edit my playlists from my smartphone, but having a tablet that works, helps tremendously.

Antonio B.
MIS Clerk in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Digital signage made easy

Kommentare: I have noticed a marked increase in people interests in the events that we have posted as digital signage in our front lobby. It has piqued many potential customer's interest in our facility and keeps many of our staff and employees in the know about upcoming events and sharing special moments with our visitors. Great stuff.

I love how easy it is to use the software and to just get started making great digital signage from the time you first install access the program. So many great options and ways to make your content come to life. Best of all, you don't need to be an expert to figure out how to make it work. Even better is the fact that you can work anywhere with internet access and update your signage with just a few clicks of a mouse.

Only that it is limited by my imagination.

Jackie S.
Director of Technology in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Stonewater Church

5 vor 20 Stunden Neu

Kommentare: We needed the ability to have multiple sites where we could create different groups for management of screens. We also needed the ability for video walls in various formats. Playsignage was great to work with us and help us work through issues along the way.

Playsignage is a great product from the ground up. It can be installed on many hardware configurations. The software is versatile and users pick up the management quickly. Pricing is very competitive and support has always been responsive.

There is not anything that stands out as something we do not like.

Dan H.
IT Manager in UK
Eventservice, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great Product

Play is simple to use and produces a highly polished final product, the support is amazing I just wish more companies took notice how they support their product. very quick to setup and you can use a multitude of delivery methods to keep initial outlay low, it represents great value.

not being able to group playlist assets into project folders

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Scala

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Play Digital Signage: Much clearer pricing strategy that works really well for us

Antwort von Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Hi Dan, thanks for an amazing review - Regarding the grouping of Playlist Assets, can you explain what you mean with that? Are you referring to grouping the playlists themselves or assets in the editor?

Scott S.
CTO in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Interesting interface and easy to use

Kommentare: While a great alternative to the more basic cloud CMS providers, and less complicated or hardware-dependent than the more expensive ones, there's still some polish needed on the plugins (aesthetically) and a few seemingly basic plugin options missing like news. I'm sure I could brainstorm more ideas for our particular use-case, but I don't know how useful that would be for others... we're a charity just looking to provide something to make our clients' wait time seem shorter. In addition to advertising other local charities, having dynamic content, like "this day in history", "famous quotes" and news makes the screen more engaging and interesting.

The ability to create screen content directly along with imported assets is great.

Lacking in dynamic content options such as news. While some competitors are lacking in the UI department, some have quite the "plugin" or "addon" selection to make up for it. On that note, the ability to use MRSS is great, but for our use-case, the cost to emulate competitors addon-based dynamic content with a 3rd-party feed service makes it cancel out the "1st screen free" benefit. Plugin suggestion: News from the major networks/outlets and the sub-categories as part of the selection.

Antwort von Play Digital Signage, Inc.

HI Scott, Thanks for the review! We do appreciate any feedback we can get - both for usability, plugins and stuff to make our software easier to navigate in. So any feedback you have please send it to me at lars@playsignage.com. You have rated us 0 stars for Customer Support - Why is this? Have you emailen us, used the online chat or called ?? What happend ??

Robert B.
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Extremely well built software!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We use it daily for our adversiting display and information for customers in our lobby.

Its stable! Runs great and on many platforms. The admin screens are so easy to use, you don't need training. You can figure out almost everything in 10 minutes of playing with it.

More advanced tools for the screen and plugins. API for connecting to 3rd party hardware or systems for example; emergency fire or shooter alerts and evuacations.

letztes Jahr

Hi Robert, Thanks for the review :) We do have an API to control the content on the screens in case you're interested in integrating it with external systems: https://api.playsignage.com/docs

Keith W.
MD in UK

Better than the rest

Kommentare: We needed to advise our clients of our changing opening times & services offered in this current Covid era & it has allowed us to keep them updated wherever we are.

Free single licence, ease of use, features, great support.

The WIFI connection is not detected automatically & requires setting up in the Linux screen which requires a bit of linux knowledge but much easier with an Ethernet connection.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Screenly und piSignage

Warum Play Digital Signage gewählt wurde: The previous product did not work properly when using layouts on anything other than a simple single screen.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Play Digital Signage: Ease ease of use, features, price, free single licence.

Rob V.
Photographer in Kanada
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Amazingly easy to deploy with many automatic advanced features

After trying various other digital signage software trials, and seeing how complicated they were to learn and deploy, the Play product was a total breath of fresh air !! I almost dismissed it in the beginning because it looked TOO simple. But the advanced features ARE there, and they work. In my case I needed to create a playlist of various WebCam web page links. The WebCam pages are very erratic in their design approaches, but I was able to get them sorted out, PLUS YouTube and Facebook integration - AMAZING.

Currently my main frustration is that the scripting feature is not available on FireTV or Chromecast, but I do understand its not the fault of the developer, more one of the Andriod application. So far it has not been a real issue.

Charles N.
IS Manager in Portugal
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Simple Use Signage

Kommentare: Provides a professional option to disseminate information to guests in our front office without resorting to printed media. Very easy to configure and implement. Runs 24H a day, 7 days a week and is very stable. Only issues when the internet is slow or down, which is not often. For the small business that only needs 1 screen this really works well for us. As it is slide based anyone who knows PowerPoint can design in it and produce something professional.

Everything! Simple to use. Methodical in approach for rollout. For one screen totally free!

Nothing. Wouldn't use it if it wasn't fit for purpose :)

Mihkel S.
Marketing Strategist in Estland

Pretty much everything we needed to manage my displays

Kommentare: Saves us quite a bit of money and time.

Our company has a lot of screens across the city and we can run bigger and smaller campaigns depending on the client's needs. Their pricing is pretty flexible. Depending on the size of the campaign we just pay for the screens that we actually use so it helps us optimize our expenses pretty well. I've used it on some indoor events and its pretty nice when you have one hub where you can just control all your screens.

Was surprised to find it supporting so many languages, including Estonian (which is only spoken by 1 million people), but the UI is still partially English in a few places. Please fix.

Adam R.
communications in Kanada
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Amazing software so easy to use

Kommentare: We searched for a long time to find an easy solution to be able to display notices and announcements of upcoming weekly events as well as a monthly calendar of events by room in the church. We are a small congregation with a very small budget. and being able to have a fully functional software with no annual fee is the best for us. Having access to a support chat that will answer simple questions is over the moon awesome.

The best part is there is not a hundred different settings you HAVE to set up every time you want to change a display. there is a lot of control but you can just leave it at the defaults and it will give a satisfactory display. the learning curve is not very steep, if you can build a power point show you can easily use Play digital

The only con I have run into is that when setting up a schedule and you if you want to say put up the same 5 min playlist every hour there is no button for that. you need to just make a new schedule each time.