Easy to use, priced right

Bewertet am 14.8.2019
Oak N.
CFO
Rechtsberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We've been using a commercial package called SuperSign to broadcast to our lobby TV. We used it because for a long time we wanted to display a TV station inside a frame and put a welcome message on the side of the TV to greet people. It was very complex and a real pain for our receptionists to edit and change when clients came in. So we decided to find a better product and decided we didn't need TV broadcasting. That opened the field wide up. I found a lot of products that would do the job but many were quite expensive. Play Signage was priced right and free for the first instance so I figured I had nothing to lose but for the cost of buying an Amazon Fire stick to plug into the TV. I bought one and started configuring the system. I'm big on systems being intuitive and not requiring tutorials for basic functionality. I like to jump right in and if I get frustrated, ask for help or look for something better. In this case, I asked a number of questions to support about what the capabilities of the product were and they were very responsive. When I ran into a couple issues with how to do things, same thing. The best part though was how easy it was to get started and build out the playlist and publish it to the Fire stick and get it displaying on the TV. Super easy and I did that all without assistance. I'm definitely going to be deploying more of these.

Nachteile: The software is great, but just a general warning about the platform. The Amazon Fire stick is not a powerful platform to run the software from. When I put a "Welcome to" ticker on the bottom of a template, if I play at normal or fast speeds, it stutters when the slides above it change. If action is required for your purposes, you'll want a microcomputer platform instead of the Fire stick, but this is an easy way to test the platform and see if you like it. I put the ticker at slow speed so the stuttering isn't as noticeable and now it's acceptable for our purposes.

Ease of use

Bewertet am 21.9.2018
Antonio B.
Clerk
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I create presentations for our health care facility and often I need a lot of flexibilty combined with easy solutions to make quick, entertaining flyers and event promotions that catch the eyes of our residents and their families. Play is making it easy for me to do my thing without having to rack my brain too much on how to do it. Overall, I think they have a great product worth checking out.

Vorteile: Play is easy to use and easy to understand. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out other types of digital signage; but Play is very familiar because of its similarity to Powerpoint. So far, I am able to convert most of the powerpoint slides I have to this program and can build on them quite easily. Nice to find something that is easy to use "right out of the box"

Nachteile: There are a few features that I loose when converting powerpoint files, but its not all that bad. I have to spend alittle time trying to recreate certain effects; but, some of the extra features like adding a time/date, RSS feeds, and websites make up for what I may have lost.

von Play Digital Signage, Inc. an 26.9.2018

Hi Antonio, thanks for the great review !

If you have any functionality you think we should add to our road-map, please don't hesitate sending us an e-mail at hello@playsignage.com

Digital signage made easy

Bewertet am 21.6.2019
Antonio B.
MIS Clerk
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have noticed a marked increase in people interests in the events that we have posted as digital signage in our front lobby. It has piqued many potential customer's interest in our facility and keeps many of our staff and employees in the know about upcoming events and sharing special moments with our visitors. Great stuff.

Vorteile: I love how easy it is to use the software and to just get started making great digital signage from the time you first install access the program. So many great options and ways to make your content come to life. Best of all, you don't need to be an expert to figure out how to make it work. Even better is the fact that you can work anywhere with internet access and update your signage with just a few clicks of a mouse.

Nachteile: Only that it is limited by my imagination.

Interesting interface and easy to use

Bewertet am 27.12.2018
Scott S.
CTO
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: While a great alternative to the more basic cloud CMS providers, and less complicated or hardware-dependent than the more expensive ones, there's still some polish needed on the plugins (aesthetically) and a few seemingly basic plugin options missing like news. I'm sure I could brainstorm more ideas for our particular use-case, but I don't know how useful that would be for others... we're a charity just looking to provide something to make our clients' wait time seem shorter. In addition to advertising other local charities, having dynamic content, like "this day in history", "famous quotes" and news makes the screen more engaging and interesting.

Vorteile: The ability to create screen content directly along with imported assets is great.

Nachteile: Lacking in dynamic content options such as news. While some competitors are lacking in the UI department, some have quite the "plugin" or "addon" selection to make up for it. On that note, the ability to use MRSS is great, but for our use-case, the cost to emulate competitors addon-based dynamic content with a 3rd-party feed service makes it cancel out the "1st screen free" benefit. Plugin suggestion: News from the major networks/outlets and the sub-categories as part of the selection.

von Play Digital Signage, Inc. an 28.12.2018

HI Scott, Thanks for the review! We do appreciate any feedback we can get - both for usability, plugins and stuff to make our software easier to navigate in. So any feedback you have please send it to me at lars@playsignage.com.

You have rated us 0 stars for Customer Support - Why is this? Have you emailen us, used the online chat or called ?? What happend ??

Very clean, easy to use product with a fantastic customer support team.

Bewertet am 26.3.2018
Aaron W.
IT Support
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Able to show logos and metrics on our internal screens across the business, ability to finetune playlist schedule (ie. Only company logo after hours) Remotely able to update screens across different locations without ever needing to leave my desk.

Vorteile: Very easy to use, super intuitive, regular updates with new features - I find myself renewed with excitement for this company and product when something new gets added.

Nachteile: Organisation - I'm a structured folder guy, sometimes I want to group things up more, but that's a personal preference. What I have found in my time using playsignage is that the team are usually willing and able to bend over backwards to fulfil the demand in a decent amount of time - features that were missing are now implemented because they listen.

Great service for a really good price

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Benjamin M.
Retail Team Lead
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We switched over to Play Digital Signage because of the flexibility of the service. With new software, you have to learn how to use it. Play Digital Signage is fast to learn with all sorts of handy features that we still keep discovering as we use it more. The customer service was super helpful with troubleshooting and with some features that we didn't know how to use. I would totally recommend it.

Vorteile: It's easy to create eye-catching and professional looking slides. The customer service is FAST and responsive.

Nachteile: The scheduler could be easier to use as it isn't very clear to set up schedules correctly.

Simple Use Signage

Bewertet am 20.5.2019
Charles N.
IS Manager
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Provides a professional option to disseminate information to guests in our front office without resorting to printed media. Very easy to configure and implement. Runs 24H a day, 7 days a week and is very stable. Only issues when the internet is slow or down, which is not often. For the small business that only needs 1 screen this really works well for us. As it is slide based anyone who knows PowerPoint can design in it and produce something professional.

Vorteile: Everything! Simple to use. Methodical in approach for rollout. For one screen totally free!

Nachteile: Nothing. Wouldn't use it if it wasn't fit for purpose :)

Pretty much everything we needed to manage my displays

Bewertet am 6.11.2017
Mihkel S.
Marketing Strategist

Kommentare: Saves us quite a bit of money and time.

Vorteile: Our company has a lot of screens across the city and we can run bigger and smaller campaigns depending on the client's needs. Their pricing is pretty flexible. Depending on the size of the campaign we just pay for the screens that we actually use so it helps us optimize our expenses pretty well. I've used it on some indoor events and its pretty nice when you have one hub where you can just control all your screens.

Nachteile: Was surprised to find it supporting so many languages, including Estonian (which is only spoken by 1 million people), but the UI is still partially English in a few places. Please fix.

PlaySignage has been a great replacement of PowerPoint for our entry readerboard!

Bewertet am 5.2.2018
Michael S.
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Parents are kept informed of upcoming events

Vorteile: The software is easy to use, not a lot of extra options to get in the way. I really like having the assets folders so I can update slides from almost any computer.

Nachteile: I wish there was a way to archive a slide for later use instead of just removing it. I would also like to be able to copy a slide from one playlist to another.

von Play. an 6.2.2018

Hi Michael, thanks for a great review - we really appreciate you feedback!

Regarding the "archive a slide" ... We're working on slide parking at the moment, so you should expect this in the next release.

Sophisticated, yet easy to use signage development

Bewertet am 10.8.2019
Harry F.
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Designing three displays in a visitor center. It was easy to do this without a lot of preplanning. As I worked with the Play Digital Signage editor, I was able to make improvements as I saw how things looked.

Vorteile: Complete functionality
Easy to use
Integrated with other composition products such as Google Slides
Produces a solution that runs on inexpensive controllers

Nachteile: Editing response time a bit slower than I wanted -- can't be perfect

Super easy infoscreen with great support

Bewertet am 31.10.2018
Keijo K.
IT admin
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Displays info and timetable for students in hallway. Very easy and fast to make changes, if there are need. Changes appear instantly after publishing. Using with Amazon Fire TV stick. Using different playlists with scheduler.

Vorteile: Super easy to use. Reliable, no down times and problems. Support is great, had some ideas and they are now all implemented. And it's free for one screen!

Nachteile: Don't have nothing to complain. It works.

Excellent package and service

Bewertet am 8.5.2019
Ben R.
Senior Engineer
Medienproduktion, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very stable, does what it says on the box, the online chat assistance too is very good also and support is crucial with this type of software.

Vorteile: Very easy to use interface for editing content. I need this for non-media people to use and it takes a very short amount of time to train them on it

Nachteile: Haven't found any yet so I'll have to pad this bit out to the min number of characters

The Best So Far I Found!

Bewertet am 26.10.2018
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using it over a year on multiple devices and the smooth operation and stability made my decision!

Vorteile: Amazing ease of use, full of features, great pricing!

Nachteile: Nothing at all. Everything is running perfectly for my needs!

Signage made flexable

Bewertet am 25.2.2019
Bo K.
IT

Kommentare: We are satisfied with the product.

Vorteile: It is flexible it does the job on the platforms I want it to.

Nachteile: There are glitches here and there but it mostly runs like a dream.

von Play Digital Signage, Inc. an 26.2.2019

Hi Bo,

Thanks for a great review!

You mention in the "Cons" that there are glitches here and there - Can you elaborate what you are referring to. I'd be happy to look in to any matter.

Easy

Bewertet am 14.11.2018
Tommy J.
IT
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It was easy to get started with the software and publish the infoscreen on our Gym, we planned for a second screen and we like the cost for this. Have been online now for three weeks whitout any problems.

Nachteile: Maybe some more setting / options in RSS plugin

von Play Digital Signage, Inc. an 28.12.2018

Hi Tommy, Thanks for the great review ! Can you send me a couple of lines on the subject "settings/options in RSS plugin"? More specifically what settings and options you see as valuable for a user?

Elegant, easy & affordable

Bewertet am 20.7.2018
Md A.
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Attract more customers

Vorteile: Because of running a business, I need to try different kind of softwares. Play degital Signage one of it. It is easy to synchronize with tv and also easy to design content. 1st screen is free(free means totally free without any logo) and for additional display you need to pay. The software has so many free plug in option(weather,instagram,watch & so on)

Nachteile: I have tried other digital Signage software . All the free version has logo visible on the display. But PLAY one completely free for the 1st screen.

von Play. an 23.7.2018

Thanks for the great review - We appreciate you take the time to review us.

Nicely done digital signage software with easy use

Bewertet am 26.2.2019
Veran P.
Solution architect
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Working on big digital signage project where Playsignage software can find his place in the story.

Vorteile: easy use, modern design, great support, great features, team that is listening to you and creating road map for additional features

Nachteile: There is nothing at the moment that we didn't like it in the software.

von Play Digital Signage, Inc. an 7.3.2019

Hi Veran,

Thanks for the great review - Let us know if you have any questions or you need advise on how to get stuff working at play.

Most Comprehensive Interface of all the Signage Software Solutions

Bewertet am 7.6.2019
Brian C.
Director of Technical Innovations
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of use and familiar Power Point type interface.
Ability to snap to grid and keep things easily lined up on the screen
Ability to put content ANYWHERE on the screen and not be limited to predefined zones
Easy broadcast to Amazon Fire TV Stick which is very economically priced.
Excellent customer support!

Nachteile: None to mention at this point, the software is outstanding!

Fantastic, streamlined digital signage solution

Bewertet am 17.10.2017
Chris N.

Vorteile: Super easy to use and setup (in comparison to MANY other products in this space) with all the key features you'd need to setup and use a digital signage product.

Nachteile: - Would love to see an iOS app version for both managing your content and using as a signage display.
- Would love to see some kind of CRM style solution to dynamically manage/update product menus.

von Play. an 17.10.2017

Hi Chris, Thanks for reviewing - We love both pros and cons, so that we know what is great and what we should work on.

Regarding your last request with Product MENU's - Can you perhaps send me an e-mail explaining this in details?

Regards Lars Normark @ Play Digital Signage

School Use

Bewertet am 16.10.2018
Michael G.
School Principal
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It is web-based and allows me to make changes at any point and anywhere.

Nachteile: I wish I could imbed a third part site like google images to play continuously.

von Play Digital Signage, Inc. an 17.10.2018

Hi Michael, Thanks for the great review! Regarding the embedding of other pages (Webpages) you should be able to include anything that is viewable in your browser - You are welcome to mail me the content you want displayed, so that I can guide you in the right direction.

Great Digital Signage Platform with Incredible Customer Support

Bewertet am 9.4.2019
Joshua H.
Promotions Director
Rundfunkmedien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a whole, Play Digital Signage is a must-have if you need a simple, yet feature-packed way to create and edit digital signage for any number of needs.

Vorteile: Play Digital Signage is one of the most straightforward and easy-to-use digital signage platforms available. Even though it's a simple software, it has great features that make creating and editing digital signage a breeze.

Nachteile: There is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to creating inside the software, but the great customer support takes away any fear of not knowing how to or being able to do something.

After trying many others singage "solutions" I finally found this PERFECT software service.

Bewertet am 24.4.2018
Daniel M.

Kommentare: I completely solved the management of the screens in my highschool.

Vorteile: Easy management and edition. Online storage of contents, including conversion of PDFs and presentations. Useful friendly plugins.

Nachteile: Really I don't know what to say. I only had a problem with one screen that didn't update contents but I reinstalled it and the problem was solved (I guess there was a wifi connection issue, nothing to do with the software).

von Play. an 25.4.2018

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the review - This is exactly the experience we want our customers to have when signing up for Play.

Intuitive to use and does what it promises!

Bewertet am 4.9.2017
Erik I.
Engineer

Vorteile: The UI is quite clean and not cluttered and quite intuitive to use, at least for me. It offers a reasonable range of tools to implement the playlist content you would want to. The "get it working" process is quite streamlined, at least on Windows and with one screen. The update propagated to the screen quite quickly. Definitely worth to try out!

Nachteile: There is room to grow for the features, but the basic tools you would expect are there. So far haven't found any major issues with the product. The UI responsiveness on Firefox was a bit slow, but worked very quickly on Chrome. At the moment can't really say much about the long term stability of the software though.

top in market

Bewertet am 28.2.2019
Gabriel K.
dentist
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: easy to use and customize, first screen is free,

Nachteile: i recommend to improve the possibilities to customize and connect with other online services

von Play Digital Signage, Inc. an 4.3.2019

HI Gabriel, Thanks for the great review. Regarding your mention of other online services, what did you have in mind? BTW launching Instagram in two weeks:)

Excellent for small business thinking of testing out digital signage.

Bewertet am 17.5.2017
Janika M.
SEO assistant
Internet

Vorteile: So easy to set up and start using it. My absolute favourite thing is the support for variety of file types. I can add a video or images (or even a pdf, if you'd like), and won't have to worry about converting anything. It allows me to just concentrate on getting the campaign up and running. Also, you can customise and schedule your playlists as you wish. Whole thing feels quite dynamic and adjustable to my personal needs.

Nachteile: Two things I would like to see: First - to be able to create grouping for playlists too. Currently I can create screen groups (e.g. by location), but I would like to be able to create groups for my playlists as well (e.g. newcomer offers). Second - allowing websites to be displayed is awesome, but adding some functionality to it (e.g displaying stuff behind login wall) would make it more useful (like displaying analytics)