Über CloudApp

CloudApp mindert durch seine intelligente visuelle Kommunikationsplattform Frustration und Missverständnisse bei der textbasierten Kommunikation.

Erfahre mehr über CloudApp

Steve W.
Online Communications Officer
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Bewertet am 23.7.2018

"One of the few apps I use every single day...essential for devs or for digital life!"

Vorteile: They have trialled and tested this product a lot; that is obvious. It is ridiculously easy to use and offers the ability to create animated gifs, screengrab video (with or without use of your webcam and mic to record your face and voice) and screengrabs which you can annotate. The software sits quietly in the background not using too many resources until you know you need it and the easy shortcuts can help you get going. I use a lot of the images and animated gifs for interactive training materials and plans.

Nachteile: The only thing I wish you could do with CloudApp is choose the default copy type after you have taken a screengrab, video or GIF. Right now, the software auto copies the link to the image / video but there are other options including copy a direct link (so just the image on a page without editing options etc.) and a copy to the content iself (ie. if you take a screengrab you can copy the image directly into documents and emails). It would be ideal if you could chose which of these the software does by default to make it even more convenient. Other than that, the software could not be better!

• Bewertet am 23.7.2018
Jonathan Z.
Finance Associate
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.4.2020

"CloudApp will solve all your screen capture needs and more."

Kommentare: I love CloudApp, despite the fact of it being a paid service, I see the value it can bring to big businesses with lots of back and forth communication on a daily basis.

Vorteile: I love the link-sharing features where you can just take a screenshot and share it with anyone via just a short link without much more effort than copy & paste. One great thing about it is that you can even record your screen for a short period of time and also share it/

Nachteile: I don't like that this is a paid service that comes with a little do a high mark for what it does since you can also just use the keyboard commands to capture anything and share it another way rather than a link.

• Bewertet am 20.4.2020
David P.
Head of Digital Marketing
  • Bewertet am 4.11.2019

"Great tool. Worst support ever"

Kommentare: It's a great to do screenshot easily, but the support team is not supportive.

Vorteile: When the tool it's extremely simple to use.

Nachteile: The customer team is inexistent, you can spend weeks with critical bugs not being solved

• Bewertet am 4.11.2019
Ken S.
Account Management
  • Bewertet am 29.3.2020

"How I use CloudApp everyday in my Sales Job"

Kommentare: For someone in sales, this is an indispensable tool. It makes my life easier, and the ease of dropping its images captured anywhere (in Slack, into an email, etc.) is why I keep using it day after day.

Vorteile: So this is one tool I cannot live without. The ability to take a screen grab, write on it to illustrate and highlight important points, helps me do my job much easier than in the past where I would have to re-create an image. More importantly, it is a time saver, which is the value prop that the CloudApp team touts.

Nachteile: There are times when glitches happen and I have to redo a step, it is inconvenient but not a show stopper.

• Bewertet am 29.3.2020
Jovan M.
Head of marketing
  • Bewertet am 25.3.2020

"Best tool for screenshots, videos and gifs"

Kommentare: CloudApp skyrocket collaboration with my team. Everything going much faster than before.

Vorteile: I use Cloudapp daily basis with my team and collaborators. The functionality of this app is more than great, every screenshot or GIF you create can be shared very quickly via sharable link.

Nachteile: I think I like almost every aspect of this app. More space on the free plan always warmly welcomed.

• Bewertet am 25.3.2020
Fraser N.
  • Bewertet am 22.12.2019

"The handiest tool for image capture"

Kommentare: It is one of the handiest tools in my online toolbox and saves me a lot of time now that I don't have to clip screenshots and then save them as images and upload them to an email. Now i can just paste the URL of the screenshot for anyone to see immediately

Vorteile: It is simple to use and makes sharing discoveries and problems with your team or with a support team so much easier

Nachteile: The Windows app has previously been a bit unstable and did not work properly for a while but recent updates have cured this.

• Bewertet am 22.12.2019
Karen H.
WordPress Consultant & Developer
Design, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 4.12.2019

"Quickly share and embed videos!"

Kommentare: Overall its been a win for me and people are impressed when I share a video instead of just typing a response to a question they may have.

Vorteile: I work with a lot of people remotely and sometimes an email is not the best method to communicate. It's easier to record a video and share exactly what I need to. CloudApp solves that plus it easily integrates with my project management tool so people can just click and watch the video while in the app. I can also down the original file and upload it to other video sharing platforms like YouTube.

Nachteile: On a rare occasion, it can glitch when opening but it's a rare case for me. Usually, I just restart the application and its fine.

• Bewertet am 4.12.2019
Happiness Engineer
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.3.2020

"Complete Sharing - Head to Toe!"

Vorteile: Cloudapp replaces the system screenshot macro (If you want it) which makes integration into current workflows seamless.
Cloudapps mark up and quick edit tools are actually useful, and fast!
Custom domains for the links you're providing.
Asset expiration.
Photo, video, GIF.

Nachteile: There's nothing I don't like about Cloudapp. It does what it says and it does it well. I'm glad to have Cloudapp installed and use it easily hundreds of times a day.

• Bewertet am 17.3.2020
Matt O.
Performance Marketing Manager
  • Quelle: GetApp
  • Bewertet am 22.10.2019

"I've tried a couple like it, and prefer CloudApp"

Vorteile: Super easy to use. The toolbar thing makes it super easy to pull up. The automatically-created link makes it super easy. The annotate feature is super handy and robust enough. The video record / gif create features are super clutch, too.

Nachteile: One thing I wish it offered, and that I"ve never seen before, is the ability to create a screenshot of an infinite scroll. So for example, rather than just be locked into screenshotting something I can see on my static screen, I'd like the ability to tell CLoudApp a portion of my screen to record, then scroll down, and have it stitch multiple screenshots into one long image.

• Quelle: GetApp
  • Bewertet am 22.10.2019
Mayo L.
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.7.2019

"The Shortcut to Capture Your Screen"

Vorteile: It's easy to setup. And using it is as simple as assigning shortcut key combination. The shots will automatically uploaded to the cloud.

Nachteile: There no way to set a pre-defined area to shoot.

• Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Jeremy B.
Product Designer
  • Bewertet am 26.8.2016

"All 28 people on my team use CloudApp! Screenshots & grabs are a 2nd language now."

Kommentare: CloudApp is one of only three apps everyone on my team uses (along with Slack and Gmail). New hires see us all using it constantly in chat, on Github pull requests, in bug 'repro' steps, over email, and in presentations, so they gravitate toward it and pick it up quick. Over chat the screen recordings do an amazing job of demoing bits and pieces of UI or app behavior that are works-in-progress. This massively speeds up our feedback loops and removes a lot of verbal and written explanation. Long live the animated gif! Github pull requests that make user-facing changes often include screen recordings that show before v. after. This lets more people note the change and, for small changes, can allow designers and product managers to give thumbs up without more than a glance. And last, our bug reports benefit tremendously from screen recordings. Animated gifs ftw again! Saves on writing and explanation, making issues easily identifiable and reproducible by an engineer ready to fix it. No one on the team will ever go back. Using CloudApp has become second nature to us now! And while most of it happens thanks to auto-expanded images in Slack or Github, there are crucial times we take advantage of CloudApp's notes features to illustrate a point, or its search feature to dig up an earlier example.

Vorteile: CloudApp upgrades habits we all have using desktop software (copy-paste and taking screenshots). You don't have to learn anything new--your habit suddenly just works better, and you can never go back.

von CloudApp an 26.8.2016

Hi Jeremy,

This is Derek from CloudApp. I work with Julie. Thank you thank you thank you for this review! It is incredible and VERY appreciated!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Best,
Derek
VP of Marketing / CloudApp

• Bewertet am 26.8.2016
Carl L.
Customer Support
  • Bewertet am 27.8.2016

"Big fan, love it!!"

Kommentare: I'm a huge fan of CloudApp. Been using them for the last 6 months. Started out where a few of my team members in the customer support team were using it, so I jumped in to give it a try too. At first I was just using it to take a few screenshots here and there, but what ended up being hugely helpful in my day to day support workflow was being able to answer our customers questions with a quick custom video. We get a ton of questions from our customers but they don't always quite understand our documentation. We do our best!! But with CloudApp I can send a short video that I personally made in 10-15 seconds answering a question visually, rather than writing out a couple paragraphs of text. Since we use Zendesk, I find myself wishing that CloudApp had a Zendesk integration. Usually I have to copy a short CloudApp link to a ticket or upload the gif directly but I'd love to see it made a bit easier. Visual search had been really great so far too. Would love to see a Giphy integration so I can search for my stuff and maybe search for something that makes me or a team member laugh that I could share. Last thing would be our Intercom client. We get a lot of customer tickets from our website and if I paste a link into a chat it doesn't show a preview. Intercom, if you're reading this, get that fixed!

Vorteile: 1) Huge time saver.
2) A much easier way to show my team (or friends) a visual to answer a question.
3) Works extremely well in my support team

Nachteile: 1) It doesn't have a Gmail/Chrome integration.
2) They don't have a great mobile app. There's a few in the App Store but none of them give as good as an experience as their Mac desktop app.

von CloudApp an 29.8.2016

Thank you Carl for your amazing review!

It is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Derek Rey / CloudApp

• Bewertet am 27.8.2016
Erik Z.
Computer-Software, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 12.2.2019

"One of my favorite apps"

Kommentare: Its a great little app that really helps my productivity. I would put in in my top 5 favorite tools I use daily. Not terribly expensive, and the monthly fee pays fro itself quickly.

Vorteile: CloudApp is one of the most handy tools for sending email attachments - even videos. Im a Mac user so it sits in my top toolbar. I simply drag in the attachment(s) and it creates the archive and link automatically. Not only that it copies the link to your clipboard so you can just paste it right into your email. It will "ding" and then you know its uploaded and ready to share. Short videos are really easy to make as well but selecting a screen area, pressing start and you ready to go.

Nachteile: My biggest complaint is that some servers detect the links as spam or untrusted. So in some cases the link will not work. Not sure why this happens but think there are some using the cloud app service who may be abusing it, thereby flagging spam filters. Ive tried to add a custom domain to the short link it creates (service allows this) but it does not seem to help this problem.

• Bewertet am 12.2.2019
Ernie S.
Content Marketing Specialist
Marketing & Werbung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.10.2019

"Job (and life) changing"

Kommentare: CloudApp has made adding screenshots and images to my blog posts incredibly easy. CloudApp has made giving additional context to colleagues simple by giving us the ability to take a screenshot of what we're talking about on the site. I have nothing negative to say about this tool other than it's set my expectations for similar tools so high that I'm usually disappointed by them.

Vorteile: It's incredibly easy to use and reliable. You can take a simple screenshot, a gif, a video, and annotate it all within the app. It's quick, it's versatile, and it's incredibly functional. I use this tool every day, for every blog post, and for a number of different things. As a sales rep I used it for entirely different but equally important tasks.

Nachteile: The only thing I wish I could do that I currently cannot is to go back into an annotation I've made after I saved. Sometimes I realize I've forgotten to note something, drawn a border incorrectly, or some other minor edit and am unable to go back into the original screenshot/gif to fix it. It's not a terribly big issue because of how simple it is to go back and take another screenshot or gif.

• Bewertet am 18.10.2019
Daniel K.
Senior Support Expert Lead
Informationsdienst, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.5.2019

"A must for Support team"

Kommentare: I have implemented the tool for our Support team and before this I have done research of similar tools. Cloudapp had the best features, better price and a great support/customer success team which made it easy to implement.

Vorteile: With one simple shortcut you can create a screencast (Video or GIF), screenshot (with or without annotation) and send to your users in chat. Cloudapp has greatly increased our Support teams productivity. It is also very useful for building reports or knowledge base internally as you can simply drag and drop the screenshots or screencasts to Atlassian. Very helpful when creating internal documentation for other agents.

Nachteile: It would be a great addition if the video screencast would also record audio (like screenflow) as sometimes we need the audio recorded as well which is happening on screen when trouble shooting or recording bugs related to the product.

• Bewertet am 14.5.2019
Darcy P.
Happiness Lead
  • Bewertet am 3.5.2017

"Quick, easy, neat, I feel like a pro!"

Kommentare: I can quickly get my thoughts across to customers and team members. It's simple and fast. I really couldn't go a day without it.

Vorteile: It's quick to load and the fact that the link absorbs into the clipboard is SO easy and fast. There are multiple ways to use it - downloads, webcam vids, screenshare vids with voice, GIFs of screen, images, annotations. Really - there are SO many ways to up your game in social and customer care by using CloudApp.

Nachteile: Small screenshots don't always come out readable without clicking on them and waiting to see what it is. The head of the arrow in the Annotations is super huge and I often have to find workarounds when I'd really like to use it. It would be cool to shrink it width-wise along with length-wise. I wish you could copy/paste annotation components (arrows that you've sized a certain way, text, etc.) Click on the element, ctrl+c, ctrl+v I wish there was a solid box in annotations that you could add. There's an outline, but not a solid box or circle that I've discovered.

• Bewertet am 3.5.2017
Semi retired
Vorstandsbüro, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2018

"A must have tool"

Kommentare: I loved it and I doubt a week goes by when I do not use it multiple times.

Vorteile: This is one of those tools that many people won't realize they need until they get used to using it. Yes, if you work in a support team then the usage case is obvious, and it excels at support, but it is so much more than that. How often do you have to try to explain something to someone and it takes forever in words, but a quick screenshot would do the trick. Problem with a screenshot is you have to remember the key combination to take it. Then you have to open up your email. Then attach the file to it, etc. With Cloudapp this is all simplified to an amazing degree. But it goes further than just screenshots. How about sending a 1 minutes video to your telco showing them that there is a problem with your bill, or even sending a document to someone without having to attach it to an email. Trust me. This is genius.

Nachteile: The only little niggle is there are very occasionally glitches or outages, but to Cloudapps credit they do get them sorted and they are very polite at responding to emails.

• Bewertet am 11.12.2018
Mina G.
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 20.7.2019

"My to go app for screen capturing"

Kommentare: One of my best buys so far. Worth every penny and I recommend it to everyone all the time.

Vorteile: I got it on sale. It lets me use my own branding and subdomain. It's light on any computer even my slow laptop. Frequent updates and new features. Customer service is super responsive. It's like an online database of all my screenshots vs my older to go software which would only take a screenshot and save it on my local computer.

Nachteile: There has been a problem with the annotate tool on Firefox on both my home computer and my laptop which prevents me from annotating any of my screenshots but I haven't really contacted customer service about it. It might be related to a plugin on my browser or something. But I don't really use that feature that's why I don't bother asking customer service about it.

• Bewertet am 20.7.2019
Data Analytics Professional
Unternehmensberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.10.2018

"Huge savings in productivity."

Kommentare: I am a Product Manager and often, due to the speed at which we work and the people I work with, words are not the best medium to convey thoughts when you discover snags or bugs. Developers are busy people and want to build things and move on. CloudApp lets me visually capture product behavior to explain desired functionality, in the form of videos and gifs and thus speed up communication within my team. I really love the tool.

Vorteile: The ability to capture screenshots and annotate them with comments or arrows. The ability to capture videos as well as gifs has enabled me to be more productive. As a Product Manager, I can enhance my documentation efforts by bringing in a visual component to requirements and bug descriptions. It has helped me writing feature walkthroughs as well as explain competitive product offerings to my team.

Nachteile: Every once in a while, I have observed that the tool's library shows captured screenshots which I hadn't intended to capture. It may be due to the fact that the shortcut keys on the keyboard (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+5) are close to a frequently used shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+Del). It's either that or maybe it's just...fat fingers!

• Bewertet am 26.10.2018
David R.
Site Reliability Engineer
  • Bewertet am 29.9.2019

"Great application to share screenshots and screen captures"

Kommentare: The ability to send ad-hoc screenshots and screen shares very quickly and easily to customers makes it so much easily to assist and help troubleshoot customer issues. Highly recommended for any customer support team.

Vorteile: Software is very easy to use. Use it to take screenshots and send them through to customers with a shortened personalized URL. You can also use it to take screen captures, as well as annotate and edit screenshots (ie. adding arrows, circles around important parts of a screenshot).

Nachteile: Software does one thing very well, not much to dislike about it. Just need to learn the shortcut to copy your screenshot and then the software automatically uploads the image to the cloud and saves a link in your clipboard to paste into what ever application you want to use to send that link.

• Bewertet am 29.9.2019
Doctoral Faculty Advisor
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.11.2018

"CloudApp Just Works"

Kommentare: I enjoy using CloudApp several times each day. You can set a custom domain to maintain branding across all links. It's easy to share a link and, if you wish, to download the linked file directly. It's not the only link shortening/sharing app out there, but it is clearly one of the best.

Vorteile: Once installed, CloudApp works very well, with options for creating GIFs, recording video and more. There are integrations right out of the box for Trello and Slack, and a variety of ways to annotate and share.

Nachteile: I use Droplr, too, and in some ways I still prefer its UI/UX, though CloudApp has improved by leaps and bounds over the past year or so. It's been recently bought by Microsoft—which can be a good thing or a bad thing (consider the Wunderlist saga). Time will tell.

• Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Romeo C.
Boss
  • Bewertet am 25.3.2018

"An essential tool that speeds up productivity in the easiest way possible - a perfect combination"

Kommentare: It saves me a lot of time, making me much more productive.

Vorteile: The simplicity and utility, mixed with the time-saving logic-steps are what makes this tool so exceptional. Simplicity; using simple (or user-defined) shortcut keys to capture parts of a screen as an image or video. Simplicity; dragging any file onto a system tray icon to have it uploaded to CloudApp storage. Simplicity; after a file has been uploaded, simply paste the auto selected link wherever you want to share it. Utility; screenshotting, screen recording, file storage, file sharing, annotation, commenting; it's all there! Logic-steps; auto upload and copy link to clipboard, auto-open into desktop annotation; these kinds of time-savers are well thought out, seamless and really help my workflow.

Nachteile: It'd tough to find anything but if I HAD to it'd be that, at least in previous versions of the desktop app, it was buggy; the auto-open for annotations didn't always work. That seems to have been resolved now though!

• Bewertet am 25.3.2018
Co-Founder and CMO
  • Bewertet am 19.3.2019

"Best drag-and-drop file sharing solution"

Kommentare: CloudApp simplifies our workflow when we need to share screenshots and files to people outside of our organization. We highly recommend it!

Vorteile: The reason we chose CloudApp is the MacOS integration in the menu bar. We used WeTransfer before, which required us to go to their website to upload files, but CloudApp allows us to just drag and drop our files to the menu bar, and it creates a shareable link for us.

Nachteile: CloudApp successively increased its pricing, without much justification and added features. I was quite disappointed to see the lack of new features over the last 2-3 years. Also, storage prices dramatically decreased over time, so it's hard to understand why they keep increasing their prices.

• Bewertet am 19.3.2019
Lauren P.
Associate Software Engineer
  • Bewertet am 28.12.2017

"Cloudapp is amazing for communication between engineers, designers, and pms."

Kommentare: Better teamwork/communication overall, especially for front-end development work. Also more flexibility for remote work (working from home for sickness/weather/holiday season).

Vorteile: I love how fast everything gets generated and how easy it is to use. I work on the frontend team at my company, and I'm always sending videos and gifs to our designer for product review, as well as to our PM when filing issues. It's incredibly helpful to be able to take a quick video to show navigation flow, testing results, and edge cases, and it's way easier to have a visual than it is to explain things in technical terms. It's also wicked useful for remote work-- holiday season has made things kind of funky with everyone working from home, but I don't feel like I've lost on communication this time of year thanks to Cloudapp.

Nachteile: There are times I wish I could annotate or crop videos. I will say though, Cloudapp has been great about steadily adding features, so I'm not too worried/it's not even a pressing issue haha.

• Bewertet am 28.12.2017
Jesus P.
CEO/President
  • Bewertet am 16.4.2018

"This powerful screen capture and recording program has a new home on my desktop."

Vorteile: I'm a former Snagit user that recently picked up CloudApp on an Appsumo deal. I'm glad I did, because this software has essentially replaced Snagit and helped me communicate ideas quickly with everyone including clients, customers, family and friends. The software sits in your system tray and allows 1 click recording or capturing of GIFs, video or screen. And once the capture is taken, it automatically uploads it and copies the link to your clipboard. Other helpful features include... Analytics
Link shortening
Annotations
Search feature (priceless)
Comments (can be disabled)
Sync
If you need a quick way to record screens and share them, this is it.

Nachteile: I don't have any cons to list on this one. Everything from the UI to the features are well designed and operate properly.

• Bewertet am 16.4.2018