Ever expanding functionality which improves efficiencies, and is well supported.

Bewertet am 1.11.2019
Graham E.
PMO Manager
Staatsverwaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: UniPhi has allowed us to obtain real time data for all of our projects. The important distinction between UniPhi and other products is that UniPhi is predominantly a project “management” tool which may be used to produce reports, rather than being a project reporting tool. This is a key and fundamental difference.

Vorteile: UniPhi is like a more sophisticated and complete solution for project management and collaboration. Logging all relevant and important information regarding projects is far more efficient than use of say email, or single function task logging solutions. I like the way UniPhi allows data which has been entered to be reused many times (e.g. adding budget information, and having those same dollar amounts included into key project documents and reports)

Nachteile: Change management can be difficult (with any software deployment). Users who have used typical Gantt charts in the past will require close management, and lots of attention so that they see the personal benefits of NOT relying on a Gantt chart to manage their own workload, and the workload of their team. As more project management software products move away from the typical Gantt chart approach, this should be an easier sell.

UniPhi - Gain back control of your Projects

Bewertet am 6.11.2019
Neil B.
Applications Analyst
Staatsverwaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The company UniPhi are excellent to deal with, their consultants have a vast knowledge of different industries and how this translates to the getting the most out of the product and ensuring a successful inmplementation. Their developers have been terrific and very understanding when we have recommended changes or found issues they have been dealt with promptly and professionally.

Vorteile: The UniPhi software provides the entire project team and senior management with great visibility of your contracts, cashflow, risks and issues which enables the team to make decisions real-time to ensure the success of the project and to provide expenditure and income forecasts.

Nachteile: As an administrator of the application i would like to see more audit trails provided that allow for visibility of who performed what functions and when. Thee are many areas of the system where users can enter comments regarding the reasons for certain changes, but this does not always provide a true audit of how and why a scenario was reached.

Uniphi Implementation in the Engineering Consulting Field

Bewertet am 20.11.2019
Julian H.
Finance Manager, Aurecon Jacobs Mott MacDonald JV
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall my team and I are very happy with this software.

Vorteile: I find overall the software is logical and easy to use. I find the customer support to be excellent in terms of (a) speed of returning our telephone / email requests for assistance, (b) visiting our workplace to workshop new ways of performing processes and (c) offering additional services to complement our existing suite.

Nachteile: There is no help feature within the software so at times it can be trial and error to determine how to use a function.

UniPhi EXPERIENCES

Sandra P.
Business Manager/Business Development
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Uniphi has changed this Company's operations - it has emerged details into one system, helped the company to cope with growth. Set structure foundation to allow growth.
Helped changed our image to a more professional business.

Vorteile: It has organised and help put structure into our projects. Manages multiple of projects of any size and manages neverending project correspondence. The great management of project scopes and finance - it enables live project movement.
Full access to anywhere in the world at anytime.

Nachteile: Reports - report terminology isn't easy to understand what reports it refers to. Too many reports and not easy to locate in the current setup. Prefer and option to build own reports
Correspondence - would be preferred and easier if the ability to setup folder structures - especially on large projects and so much correspondence, not easy to find information.
Parts of uniphi it would be more beneficial to change to better reflect each company business.
Templates - tool bar needs to be updated, not very tutative and very flexible to customise.

Cloud based project management tool

Bewertet am 5.11.2019
Nimai H.
Senior Development Manager
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: UniPhi is a fantastic tool which integrates a variety of project management and cashflow tools. It's single major flaw that UniPhi refuses to address is the inability to tie contract phasing to project schedule lifecycles. The fact that we are letting major civil construction contracts without the ability to S-curve the cashflow forecast is ludicrous and unacceptable. It is ironic that the S-curve functionality exists within UniPhi, however the company for some inexplicable reason has eliminated this option from contract phasing and have forced a flat line "Date A" to "Date B" approach for autophasing. This means if you have a $1m Contract phased over 10 months, the autophaser will forecast $100k per month spend. Everyone that has worked a day in the industry understands that construction costs are incurred on an "s-curve", not a flat line. This HAS to change UniPhi!!!!!!

Vorteile: Integration of various tool sets which exist in different pieces of software into one package.

Nachteile: Inability to S-curve cashflow forecast for contracted items.

Flexible, easy to use, great support

Bewertet am 13.11.2019
Karen W.
Associate Director
Bau, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My UniPhi experience is mostly as a System Administrator, but I also train users on how to use UniPhi. We use the software as the core application for our "Global Unite" process where we gather data from various UniPhi deployments around the world and benchmark it locally and globally. This brings our data to life, particularly when analysed using tools such as PowerBI and our "GUIDE" web application (developed by UniPhi Aus for us).

Vorteile: The flexibility of UniPhi software is excellent. It gives the ability to tailor workflows specifically for each process, making them as strict or lenient as required for each part of our business. The application is extremely user friendly. We love the UniPhi system approach of using one piece of data in multiple ways - no duplications. We also really like having the ability to create our own custom fields. This allows us to meet our business requirements quickly, providing users with fields that use terminology they are familiar with. The software support team are very responsive and always resolve any issues within a quick timeframe. We like the fact that UniPhi software is regularly upgraded with new functions to help us stay ahead of the game.

Nachteile: Some of the complex System Administration functions can be a little slow to complete (in terms of performance), but this could be related to our network/internet rather than the software itself.

I Love Uniphi - I have had it for 5 years now and have implemented into 4 organisations

Jason A.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: huge productivity and flexibility with a web based system

Vorteile: Integrated document management, cost and contract management in the one interface with web browser access and the app.
I have implemented Uniphi into 4 organisations that i have worked with in the past 4 years after seeing the antiquated methods that they use.
the low cost for initial deployment is attractive for small business and the fully customisable across industries.
Integration to our accounting system Xero is a great feature.
My sister runs Uniphi in her business. its web based application allows me to log into the platform and review projects or issues she has in real time

Nachteile: Most of them are user quirks and customisations that I haven't had completed but i regularly provide feedback to the development team.

Review

Bewertet am 6.11.2019
Rebecca C.
corporate services coordinator
Architektur & Planung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Templates. Our company has different service lines eg Access, OHS, Project Management etc and being able to create different templates for each department works well and is efficient practice.

Nachteile: Not very flexible. Contract don't allow for additional information to be inputted such as supplier numbers or multiple names due to invoicing requirements of some of our clients. We have to manipulate the invoice with a PDF editor program. The invoice template could be more clearer and cleaner.
Not having a dedicated customer service rep to assist with day to day issues is also an annoyance but I understand a new customer serve platform is coming soon.
Reports. We have found that while there is a huge amount to chose from, not many are useful. Sometimes you have to refer to 3 or 4 to get the data you need. For eg there is no 1 report that tells us a) the project budget b)how much the cost is up to date c) how much we have invoiced and d) how much fee is remaining. That is important info to help manage our projects.
Resources- have a system in place that alerts to duplicates being created would be a big improvement to the program.

Hi Rebecca,

I am sorry to hear you have not had an optimal customer service experience. In the case of your organisation, your point of contact is a UniPhi re-seller, which does place a little extra distance between us and you. However, as you mentioned, we have now launched a new chat app on our website, so you can speak directly to a team-member during business hours. Hopefully this will help alleviate day to day issues that you face.

On the subject of reports, if you feel there is a gap in the suite of standard reports, please provide us the details via support@uniphi.com.au

As far as duplicate resources go, we do ensure you cannot have two Organisations with the same name or ABN, however for contacts it is very hard to detect what is a duplicate and what is legitimately two people with the same name, for this reason we err on the side of caution.

Functional product--Does what it says it will

Bewertet am 10.11.2019
Julia B.
Acting Team Leader
Tiefbau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I can see how much work my team is doing for internal and external clients.

Vorteile: All information about a project can be input and tracked in UniPhi. The customisation options are numerous. The data in UniPhi is brilliant for understanding what the team is doing.

Nachteile: As a 'regular' user, I have to depend on others to customise reports. For example, I can only check on the team one team member at a time. All the data on all the team members is there, but my view of it is limited.

Comprehensive Australian product

Bewertet am 15.11.2019
Alex G.
Associate Director
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Timesheet and effort accuracy Sign off and team collaboration in contract administration

Vorteile: Web based, all PM practice fields considered, contract administration

Nachteile: App functionality
Little Pre loaded settings, templates, workflows and methodologies,

Positive Software experience, a very high level of customer support available.Can't comment on price

Sonia M.
Office Manager / Site Document Controller
Tiefbau, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Systematic and fully integrated management of our project information. Great assistance with auditing and reviewing performances.

Vorteile: As a Document Controller, the complete integration of data input, information, reporting, records management, version control, transmittals, document and methodology libraries...the traceability. I also really like the support. There are multiple avenues for support and learning, the UniPhi-Youtube channel with tutorials is excellent. The UniPhi website contains very helpful manuals and FAQs section. Finally our Manager Graham Eldridge is accessible and always helpful and willing to tailor solutions to needs, fix issues.
In an offsite setting as a new to industry worker, the support is critical. I have never felt that I am asking too many questions, although I do try and go to the resources first.
Coming from a background as a Bank Manager using dashboards, I can see that UniPhi would also produce valuable and insightful data that would assist in saving huge amount of time in preparing client reports, (although not used on our deployment).

Nachteile: I don't feel confident that filters are always providing accurate results. Filter ranges or settings feel clunky, or not providing sufficient flexibility to manipulate data sorting.
With that said on our deployment UniPhi has not been untilised to it's true potential.... and whenever I have a problem, I never ever receive a brush off from our UniPhi Manager .. he will happily try and resolve and create workarounds.

Very useful for managing research projects.

Bewertet am 9.8.2017
Ekaterina A.
Research assistant
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ability to keep track of important dates for research and funding.
Ability to organise research materials and keep them in the cloud.

Vorteile: For me the most useful are the issue management features. I can log any grant applications and archive access issues to make sure I don't miss important deadlines and my research projects are on track. The main page allows me to see all my urgent issues at a glance which helps me to keep on top of my work. I also like the version control feature. It helps me to ensure that I am editing the latest version of the document.

Nachteile: It is a bit frustrating that I can't simply cut and paste texts into the documents. Instead, I have to paste the text into an intermediary dialog box.
I would like to be able to organize the documents attached to UniPhi document in alphabetical or any other order.

A very powerful project management system that is adaptable to individual business proceedures.

Bewertet am 25.7.2017
Brett B.
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy to use with well constructed input fields.

Vorteile: Manages issues, risks and costs in real time. Screen layout and filters are set up so that the user can concentrate on the tasks which need to be completed first rather trolling through information which is not relevant. Reports have the ability to pull the various project metrics together in one place quickly and efficiently, PCG reports can be pulled together in minutes as opposed to days.

Nachteile: The set up parameters are tailored to your business. A review of how you do business should be undertaken prior to implementation so that your deployment is up to date. The system if crafted correctly has the ability to reinforce the culture within your business.

I have used UniPhi in a number of my businesses over the past ten years, and will continue to do so.

David H.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Because we can run everything on the one platform, we have experienced incredible improvements in productivity.

Vorteile: I have deployed UniPhi to run individual projects; as an enterprise management platform for an entire manufacturing and construction business, and many points in between. In every case both the product and the support have been excellent. The fact that Everything can be run on the one platform offers incredible efficiency and effectiveness.

Nachteile: Some of the 'user experience' aspects could do with a re-fresh. While the functionality is bullet proof, it can take a while for some users to get really comfortable and become proficient.

Love the functionality of the financial management

Bewertet am 30.7.2017
Graham H.
Project Manager Property & Development
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Financial management and integrity. It is a onestop Shop for Project Management.

Vorteile: I find particularly the full financial management path of the programme to be very good. By this I mean from the raising of a contract through to a payment recommendation, there is full tracaebility which would satisfy any audit process. Document storage is good and the on-site app makes it easy when on-site to retrieve drawings etc and raise an issue for distribution promptly. The the plugin for outlook is very handy.

Nachteile: The plugin for outlook is only compatible with 32 bit MS op systems which is a drawback. Document management is an area where there can be improvements made.

General Feedback

Chris P.
Architektur & Planung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Uniphi allows us to have all our project data in the one spot, and retrievable with internet connection from anywhere.
Latest changes are a backward step for our operation, reduces efficiency

Vorteile: Keeps all our data relating to projects in the one location.
Can sort using filters, however have now lost search function under Summary module - very frustrating

Nachteile: Reports are difficult to customise
Customer support is very poor
Latest upgrade introduces more clunkiness, by adding in extra steps. Ie two steps to see the PDF of a document rather than the previous one step.
Time sheets once submitted do not automatically roll onto the next day, which occurred previously. Now go back to the beginning of the week.
More difficulty adding resources - and then including in the Contracts tab

Hi Chris,

We are sorry you did not like the latest round of interface changes. Sometimes when adding new functionality, we have to make tradeoffs such as placing the save as pdf button behind a general share link in order to make space for other new features.

We would definitely like to understand further any difficulties you are having adding resources, as it is an area of the system we spent a lot of effort on for the UniPhi 15 release.

UniPhi stores all of our document, and managed version control, and sign off status. It's so easy!

Bewertet am 25.7.2017
Keily B.
Technical Officer - Verification Services

Vorteile: It's ease of use and ability to act as a document repository as well as a reporting system. All team members can access the system from anywhere in the world which makes us able to call on experience from team members around the world and not just local.

Nachteile: Nothing...I love this system and it should be used more widely! Every time we require an update or an 'out of the box' addition it's been able to be done with no issues at all.

its Not a real cashflow

Bewertet am 5.11.2019
Amanda H.
Development Manager
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My cashflow does not work properly. I cannot scenario model anything!! I think you have cost our business a lot if money due to not being able to forecast and scenario model our projects effectively, and then you bury your head in the sand when we give feedback

Vorteile: Online approvals are great.
Instant approvals are good

Nachteile: The cashflow is a disgrace
Numbers change by themselves
I can’t scenario model my project for potential changes.

von UniPhi an 8.12.2019

Hi Amanda,

Your organisation's UniPhi deployment is integrated with your financial system. Because your finance system is the source of truth for project actual data and is updated daily, the figures on UniPhi can change in response to this.If you do experience any glitches or bugs, please do report them to your system administrator and we will definitely sort them out as a priority.

The budget snapshot feature allows for different scenarios to be captured and compared, including the cash flow. This can also be output to excel through reports. We have also recently launched a Feasibility module that automates a financial feasibility model and simplifies scenario modelling. We have a webinar on this on our YouTube Channel and are happy to present this to internal stakeholders at your org.

Useful tool for managing project invoicing

Ryan C.
Senior Project Manager
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use uni phi for time sheet and managing project cash flow and invoicing. The time sheets are very effective, however amending once submitted can be tricky. Amending an invoice once submitted can not be done, you need to prepare a credit note which caused cost plan issues initially, however it does mean you become more prompt with getting these activities done within the allocated time. In general i enjoy using uni phi and would recommend it as a project management tool.

Vorteile: The ease of managing cash flow forecast. You can easily input the project cash flow and amend if required. Also the ease of reviewing past documents that have been issued.

Nachteile: Setting up a project or new client is quite tricky until you understand how the software works, the different tabs etc can be confusing.

UniPhi has simplified the way I manage projects

Bewertet am 20.7.2017
Nick J.
Principal Project Manager
Bau, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Auditable, traceable records for projects, with links between documents that reduce 'search' time if it was loose in an email account

Vorteile: Everything can be customised so that it works for your specific requirements. The UniPhi team are incredibly responsive to issues and questions, and constantly making tweaks to improve the end user experience by listening to what people are asking for. And if you spend the right amount of time setting the system up, you reap huge rewards as your project progresses

Nachteile: Occasionally the screen presentation is overwhelming if you put too much info into one template. Users really need to be trained before running the system in order to get the most out of it (common sense really but causes some pain if staff turnover is high)

Uniphi is one of the most comprehensive PM software systems that is extremely easy to use.

Bewertet am 24.7.2017
Amy B.
Contracts Manager

Vorteile: The financial control features of the product are excellent. They are detailed, transparent and can be easily linked to issues that can arise on a project so that the project manager can always find out what a project expense is for and why.

Nachteile: There is nothing we do not like about Uniphi. We are yet to find a downside to this product and we have been using it for over 2 years.

Uniphi has changed our work. We have many working in remote locations and Uniphi has become imperati

Danielle D.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I think that I have recommended and seen this introduced in an additional 2 companies. It is fantastic for our job tracking and consistency in project management.

Vorteile: The ease to use and train new staff. The cloud based nature of the software being helpful given the remote nature of our team.

Nachteile: There are a number of functions we don't use in the software, more specifically around costs and forecasting.

I have been using Uniphi for years and I find it quite easy to use

Bewertet am 20.7.2017
Bronwen G.
Document Controller

Vorteile: the amount of information that can be entered to a project, like money, staff members, and the various tabs that can easily be navigated through the project

Nachteile: Not being able to delete superseded templates and not having a more concise way of saving all the project correspondence related to the project.

Uniphi could do better

Allison C.
People & Corporate Manager
Architektur & Planung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have multiple projects that we are trying to manage through Uniphi. Some of them are very low value and some are high value. Uniphi does not seem to accommodate this high number of projects. The support provided by Uniphi is not always helpful and it takes a long time to even get a response. Simple things like returning phone calls just doesn't happen.

Vorteile: It generally provides good storage of documentation. The ability to develop and use templates and contracts is useful

Nachteile: Very poor customer support. The reporting is woeful and does not provide our organisation with the data we need. We are using spreadsheets to report financial data instead of Uniphi as we cannot get what we need.

Hi Allison,

I am sorry to hear that the out of the box reports are not meeting your financial reporting needs. If you are able to provide us with the details of where you feel there are gaps, we would be happy to work with you to get it resolved.

In order to get the best support responses, we recommend you use our support portal at https://support.uniphi.com.au, or if you have smaller or questions requiring an immediate answer, we have recently launched a chat support function on our website.

Uniphi is a great management tool to collaborate on technically or logistically challenging projects

Bewertet am 24.7.2017
Derryn B.

Vorteile: The software enables the organisation to create templates that suit their specific contractual requirements, generating efficiencies and consistency throughout the project.

Nachteile: Inability for the client to manipulate document headers and footers to actively keep the format up to date.